UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Pokémon Fanart

Kinda laborious to post everything I'd want to post all at once, or in any particular order, so instead I'm going to do neither of these else I'd never post this thread at all. Enjoy!
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Other Works by totoまめ:
Beautifly
Ninjask
Pichu

"Kotone! Will you ma-... will you ma-.... will you m--... will you make your way over here and team up with me?" It's the best I could do with the pun. (original 結婚 kekkon shiro "let's get married" and 組もう kumou "let's join forces"). Keep in mind, Silver actually says to the hero "くもう" in the original games.

Famous fanart. Still as awesome as ever.

My favorite fanart ever. Too large to directly post here so you'll have to click the thumbnail. I have a 40" posterized version of this in my apartment, with permission from the original artist. (Check out this picture's Comments section on Pixiv and you'll see our conversation! lol) Whoops, here's the original. I had to ask him for a text-free version, y'see.

Cool Tonari no Totoro reference.

Hahahahahahaha.

Pryce is sorely lacking in quality fanart, but this is one hell of a nice job.

"Welcome home."

And that should do for now. If you liked what you see, then check out the album at your leisure (if it lets you; if not, I'll post more later): http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...emon%20Fanart/
Old 05-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #3
deoxys
Fog Badge

Lot's of awesome stuff. I never knew there was such an interest in in depth fanart for Pokemon. Promptly adding some of these to my android for background wallpaper.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

You got denied.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Made the SoulxSilver one my Background. ^_^

Now... to get back to drawing some of my own...
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

The other way is saving + Imageshack.

Observe!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #7
deoxys
Fog Badge

Somewhat hard to do when your laptop quit working and all you have to work with is an android phone.

E: yay photobucket app

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

Last edited by deoxys; 05-16-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
Emp
Volcano Badge

Ludicolo

I was surfing /VP/ when I found these really cool arts I just HAD to share

Red:
Spoiler: show

Epic Red:

I especially like these Gym Leader fan arts, they really bring the character's and concepts to life. I've had trouble tracking down any other similar fan arts, or the artist.

Falkner:

Bugsy: <3
Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
Talon87
時の彼方へ

One of the best things about a new Pokémon release is that there's an outpouring of fanart pertaining to that particular game in addition to all the other Pokémon fanart we'd ordinarily see being uploaded by fan artists to the Internet.

B/W comics are still going strong, and one popular pairing is the protagonist -- female or male -- with N. Here's a cute comic I found Sunday morning. Translation is offered as a courtesy for those who want to read what's being said but can't. (There were a few things that don't translate over into English 1:1. Also, keep in mind that the Japanese word for "like" and "love" is the same. That's the crux of the joke in this comic. The hero says "like" but N hears "love.")

Last edited by Talon87; 11-01-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Was looking for Pokémon fanart this morning on Pixiv, just on a whim. Found this: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=17062580

It's a bishounen anthropomorphizing of the three Unova starters. I think they did an especially good job with the final stage of all three starters -- the king, the warrior-ogre, and the samurai -- but the depictions of the other stages are good too.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Was discussing the fan pairing of the chivalrous knight Escavalier with the fair maiden Lilligant tonight and decided to share some stuff here I'd found on Pixiv and enjoyed.

Artist 1: lazy

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=14030056

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=14706353

Artist 2: 猫狐よしお@いろいろ中

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=14723554

It'd be pretty sweet if the B/W anime team incorporated this into the episode where Escavalier is first shown. It just works so well, even if as Loki pointed out "This wouldn't work irl. BUGS EAT GRASS!" It'd also be mega-sweet if we saw this incorporated into the fourth Mystery Dungeon series.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
Emp
Volcano Badge

Who the heck thought of pairing them two up?! Oo

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I dunno, but it dates back a while. lazy uploaded his picture(s) on October 22 of last year while 猫狐よしお@いろいろ中 uploaded his picture on November 22 of the same year.

Here are some more pictures (Pixiv links only) that should serve to illustrate the extent to which this fan pairing exists . I'll list them by artists first, and underneath each artist I'll list out the drawings. Click the spoiler tag to reveal the list:

It's by no means universal -- for example, there are only two pages' worth of hits for ドレディア シュバルゴ (Doredia Shubarugo) versus the fifty-three pages' worth of hits for just ドレディア (Doredia) alone. However, a lot of the earlier hits for Doredia are of other characters who may have shared the same name as Lilligant or else had names similar enough for Pixiv to return them to me in my search. But yeah: the pairing exists, I dunno who first thought of it or why, but I think it's cute and it makes good character design-based sense.

After all, she's the princess type and he's clearly a knight in shining armor. ^_^

Last edited by Talon87; 03-15-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Courtesy of an old school UPNer I know who linked me to this, check out this very good Giovanni cosplay. The guy looks really sharp in that suit and it is the PERFECT shade of orange!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Wow, that is an amazingly awesome Giovanni. I love it when Cosplay is done right. (and hate it when it's done cheaply)
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #16
deoxys
Fog Badge

Holy hell, that is good cosplay. It's so hard to come by legit cosplayers these days, the ones who actually know how to make a damned good costume.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #17
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Courtesy of Kotaku, this DeviantArtist's "Pokémon Field Guide" was brought to my attention. It's really worth your time to check it out. Absolutely love natural-looking fanart for Pokémon when it's done right, absolutely hate it when it's not. This? This is done very, very right. Especially LOVE the Camerupt. Perfect. Just perfect. Magcargo is also pretty sweet.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #18
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

I found this and showed to to ABL the other day... needless to say, we both Bio/Zoo nerded out over it.

I fucking love PokeBiology. Back when /vp/ was young, I participated in a few awesome PokeBio Threads that I was posting in for hours.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #19
Torkoal Stu
This

I usually hate 'real looking Pokémon' fanart but those are incredible. Obvious shoutout to the Torkoal. But I also really love the Ursaring and Girafarig especially.

Bookmarking for future reference. Thanks for the link Talon~
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Courtesy of Kotaku, this DeviantArtist's "Pokémon Field Guide" was brought to my attention. It's really worth your time to check it out. Absolutely love natural-looking fanart for Pokémon when it's done right, absolutely hate it when it's not. This? This is done very, very right. Especially LOVE the Camerupt. Perfect. Just perfect. Magcargo is also pretty sweet.
That is amazing fanart. I've always liked "realistic" pokemon (when it's done in a way that preserves their poke-nature), and the little stories he wrote about them are awesome too.

I loved the Torcoal, Camerupt, Magcargo and Torterra most.
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
ZoRaDu
Pokemon Trainer

The Pidgeotto one really made me laugh hahaha

Click to go to my PASBL profile! ^

ZoRaDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #22
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I like that one as well, Zoradu. Glad it made you laugh.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=22116388
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I can't believe this thread hasn't been posted in since 2011. O_o I guess I've just been lazy and chosen not to share stuff I've found. Well, on a whim, here goes nothing ...

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=32922401
こんな感じのイーブイのもふもふしたキーホルダーほしい, he writes, or "I want a fluffy Eevee keyholder like this."

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=30991029
Joltik @ Rocky Helmet.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=32845339
A soft drawing of Furret.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=31880866
Titled "Caitlin's Resort House" and captioned "Cynthia, is your research coming along?" Even after having seen these two battling in the anime, I wouldn't have thought to pair them up like this. But it's an interesting idea and I love this artist's art style, balanced between his own and what feels like a heavily Sugimori Ken-influenced way of drawing bodies and faces. Just lends the subject material that much more a feeling of authenticity.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=11882680
I wish this magazine were a real thing. I would so subscribe to it download digitized scans of it every month. And apparently I'm not the only one: because fucking lol at the first five replies! (Read in reverse order, from bottom to top.)
Quote:
ユグドラシル 10/24/2010 04:35
是非とも読みたい。

macchi 07/24/2010 00:10
かなり読みたい!

清順(トンボ) 07/20/2010 18:50
とっても読みたい!!

エーオーブン 07/20/2010 17:56
めっちゃ読みたいw

仲里淡吾@ついった 07/17/2010 04:13
スンゴイ読みたい・・・!
"I really wanna read this!" "I totally wanna read this!" "I very much so want to read this!" "I quite want to read this!" "I'd very much love to read this." hahaha
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
Spikkle
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to Spikkle
Here's the pick of what's in my current folder:

Another one of those 'expansions on the canon'. The raggedy lines in the art style really sell it for me.

I never really 'got' Frillish, or thought that it was at all scary, until I saw this picture

A couple of cool sketches of Unovan GLs as kids.

This one
is already in my sig rotation, but I'm putting it here as well because it's pretty much my favourite piece of fan art at the moment.

---

That Cynthia/Caitlin pic is particularly awesome, Talon. Strikes me as a sort of past-version of the two of them (Caitlin particularly is noticeably younger) in which Cynthia takes her under her wing as a sort of 'apprentice'.

Spikkle ------ Hollo ------ Tyke ------ Kooky Monster ------ Blake ------ Rockon

PASBL Squad | Fizzy Bubbles | Winner of deo's Award for Least Intelligent Comment of All Time

Need refs for: vs. Copy (new match)

Bonus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
Pikachu is like me when I play tennis. If I play someone that sucks, I start to suck and lose. But if I play someone good, I play somewhat decently and still lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
"One cross referee; one wayward pinch of banned narcotic substance, one RNG... AND KABLOOIE!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Emperor View Post
And the round starts off with both Pokemon pulling out a Monopoly Board and.. it seems to work! Relicanth starts things off by picking the Tophat. Vulpix seems to be upset, as he coveted that piece. Luckily for him he does just that! Vulpix uses Covet and gets to play with the Tophat piece. Relicanth looks quite upset by these turn of events, and decides to use the Car instead!

The round continues with Relicanth landing on Central Avenue! He decides to purchase the property.. it's super effective! Vulpix instead decides to use Imprison! Suddenly Relicanth finds himself in jail! What an exciting twist! The round ends with Relicanth unable to do anything else at the moment.

Spikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #25
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
HNG.

*saves*

Quote:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=31880866
Titled "Caitlin's Resort House" and captioned "Cynthia, is your research coming along?" Even after having seen these two battling in the anime, I wouldn't have thought to pair them up like this. But it's an interesting idea and I love this artist's art style, balanced between his own and what feels like a heavily Sugimori Ken-influenced way of drawing bodies and faces. Just lends the subject material that much more a feeling of authenticity.
...*also saves*
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON