UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #226
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

Xander: With Kayla pale as a ghost, her breathing shallow, and there being no help in sight, you toss up between running for the lighthouse or making a flying dash for the city. Neither option seems practical, the lighthouse seeming an unlikely source of the medical attention she'll require while Atrea City is just too far away. Knowing something has to be done you decide upon the safest course of action for Kayla and are in the air moments later, heading straight into Atrea in search of a hospital. Skarmory is aware of the urgency of the matter and forces himself to fly faster than he ever has before, resulting in your arrival within ten minutes of departing the cliffs beside the lighthouse. Locating the hospital from the air, Skarmory comes in to land right outside the front doors after which you rush Kayla inside. A nurse immediately approaches you upon noticing the limp figure of a child in your arms, but upon looking at the girl's face turns pale.

"You.. you can't bring her in here..." the nurse says, apparently terrified. "Please leave now before..." but before the nurse has a chance to finish what she's saying the lights begin flashing before the entire hospital falls into darkness. A few seconds later electrical appliances start humming and sparking, some even exploding, while the lights begin flickering. "It's too late!" the nurse cries, turning and running along the corridor toward the front doors. "They're coming!"...
Rushing Kayla into the hospital after returning Skarmory who is in need of a good rest for his valiant effort to fly them into Atrea City so hastily, Xander is shocked to find no help forthcoming.

"What do you mean I can't bring her here?" he growls, his temper on the verge of breaking point. "She's a child, and she's sick. This is a hospital, you are a nurse. Where else do you suggest I take her?"

This last is a rhetorical question, but Xander is beyond niceties. Being told to remove a sick child from a hospital is the last thing he'd expected to hear, but after the events of today perhaps he shouldn't be surprised. There is something unusual about Kayla that he can't put his finger on, but he doesn't care if she's Satan's own spawn. She's ill, and he cannot understand how anyone, least of all a nurse who has sworn an oath to care for the sick, can turn away anyone in need of medical attention.

Xander watches the nurse flee the hospital when the hallway plunges into darkness and feels the frustrated urge to put his fist through the wall, but knows he needs to stay calm for Kayla's sake. "WHO'S COMING?!" he shouts after her, not expecting an answer. "This is ridiculous," he says aloud. "If the damned woman is afraid of a child then she doesn't belong here."

Turning away from the hospital's entrance Xander strides down the hallway with Kayla in his arms. "We'll find someone, Kayla, I promise," he says, walking further into the building in search of someone who will help the girl.
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #227
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Dragon11: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you're more interested in the mythical rumours you've heard surrounding the Light and Dark Avatars who are said to have once battled a great war in this land. Figuring the best way to find out more about these legends will be to visit the library in Atrea City you mount Flygon and hold on tight while he takes flight, soaring into the air above Elyra Port.

Moments later you're flying over top of a large expanse of open plains. Already having an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. There are people everywhere, and in the distance you can see two enormous mountains. One has steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, while the other appears to be surrounded by an icy haze. It's the city in the north that has your attention however, and even from this distance you can see the impressive pure white structure of the Divine Castle towering above all of the other buildings in Atrea City. Setting your sights on your location, you're enjoying the flight when out of nowhere you feel something hit Flygon. He flinches backward, screeching in pain, and though you're not quite sure what it is that's happened, one thing becomes clear very quickly - he's lost the ability to control one of his wings. Unable to fly properly, Sandstorm loses complete control and begins a terrifying nosedive toward the ground. He struggles, trying to regain control, but whatever it is that's happened to him also appears to be making him very weak. His breathing is ragged, and within moments he loses consciousness, plunging to the ground while you watch those in the impact area scurrying out of his path. You're vaguely aware of others who are further away running in closer, when all of a sudden you feel someone take hold of you and a moment later you're on the ground, watching as Sand comes to a sudden stop less than a metre from the ground.

With your brain working in overdrive while trying to process all of this information, you notice that an Alakazam is standing next to you and is controlling Sandstorm with its use of Psychic. Rather than crashing to the earth, Sandstorm comes to a gentle landing on the grass and it's only then that you notice something protruding from his body, at the base of his right wing. With your natural instinct being to remove the foreign object, you're soon forced to rethink the situation when a voice from beside you says, "Don't touch the arrow son, the poison will kill you in seconds". Helpless to do anything but watch, you stand back while Alakazam continues to use its psychic powers to remove the arrow from Sand before leaving it hovering in the air some metres away from him. The voice you'd heard turns out to belong to a man in his thirties who proceeds to release a Houndoom. "Burn it, Bane," he instructs his Pokémon who unleashes a Flamethrower which incinerates the arrow in a few short seconds. "Now you can approach him," the man says to you. "But if we don't move quickly we'll never be able to rid him of the evil that has marked his soul..."



Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

Xander: Disgusted with the behaviour of the nurse, and taking no notice of the fact the hospital's electrical appliances are blowing up all around you, you head further into the hospital with Bonky trailing so close behind it's a miracle you don't trip over one another. While looking for a doctor, you hear a male voice booming down the corridor behind you. "Tell me where she is, woman!" he demands, but the only sound you hear in response is some terrified whimpering. "USELESS FOOL!" the voice shouts again, and a moment later you hear a shrill cry followed by a sickening crack and then silence. Though you can't be certain that the owner of the voice is searching for Kayla, a niggling suspicion is telling you this child is far more than she appears to be and that perhaps the nurse did have a valid reason for turning Kayla away after all.

Hospital staff and patients are rushing along the corridor, most looking for a place to hide after hearing the voice that had echoed throughout the corridors, adding to the chaos that has entered the building, but each and every time you approach someone to ask for help they either ignore you or run away to hide. Becoming increasingly frustrated, you're beginning to think you're getting nowhere when a small boy appears before you. He looks to be about Kayla's age with scruffy brown hair and big brown eyes, but he is very pale leading you to believe he must be a patient. He stares at Kayla, recognition entering his eyes the moment his gaze falls upon her. "Get her out of the city," he whispers, his pleading gaze staring into yours. "If THEY find her, we're all doomed." The boy then scoops Bonky into his arms, and the little Cubone, seemingly happy to see him, does nothing to escape. "This way," he continues, an urgency entering his whispered tone, and after following him through several corridors you find yourself standing in an alley behind the hospital. "Take her to Zeppelin Village in the Spiritual Hills," the boy says, pointing toward the southeastern region of Elyra. "Only they can revive her, but you need to hurry!" The boy then shoves Bonky into your arms, but by the time you've managed to juggle him so as not to drop either him or Kayla, the boy is gone.

Looking up and down the alley you see no sign of the boy, and with there not being enough time for him to have reentered the hospital, you have absolutely no idea how he could have been there one moment, and be gone the next, but considering the voice you heard earlier now sounds to be a little too close for comfort, you have little time to dwell on the matter. Two people have warned you to take Kayla away from here, and taking the unfolding events into consideration you know only one thing - Kayla is not safe in Atrea City...
enchantress is offline  
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 AM   #228
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Shadowshocker: "You're absolutely right," Loretta replies, reaching out to accept your handshake, and with it your offer of partnership. "Behaving rashly has always been a weakness of mine, and when those I love are in danger I never think. I go with my gut instinct which has on more than one occasion gotten me into even more trouble. I promise that from here on in I'll try my best not to do anything without at least consulting with you first. I need a good kick in the bum from time to time, so it'll be beneficial to have you join me. Not only because you're clear headed and think before you act, but because you deserve to be a part of this after having already suffered at the hands of these men. You've seen what they're capable of, and are not walking into this blindly." Stopping to think for a moment, Loretta's brow creases in a frown. "Every time they've come they've always headed west when leaving, and the only place in the western region of Elyra is Incura Valley. It's possible that's where they're taking our Rapidash, and is where we'll find Andromeda, but I have no way of knowing for sure if that's the case. Perhaps if we travel toward the valley we may come across people who have seen these men, and if so they may be able to confirm a location for their base. With no more information to go off than a meer hunch, that's the only plan I can offer you. If you don't have any Pokémon who can provide you with hasty travel, I can loan you Perseus", she says, nodding toward the Rapidash whom you had been riding earlier. "He's strong, fast, and has every reason to want to see Andromeda brought home safe and sound." You have the distinct impression there's more to this last statement than Loretta is letting on, but choose not to question it for the time being. "If there's anything else you'd like to address, or to suggest before we leave, then now is the time. All I need to collect are some supplies and my own ride for the journey while you gather your Pokémon. If we play our cards right we'll be able to slip away unnoticed while everyone is busy here at the ranch, otherwise we can leave tonight. What do you say?" she asks, awaiting your response.

Shadow listened to what Loretta had to say, paying attention to every detail. Although he had avoided the other areas in his pursuit for procuring more Porygon-Z funds, he wasn't completely uninformed about them.

"Incura Valley, eh?" Shadow's right hand immediately went to his chin as he tried to recall what he had heard about the place. The region in question was mostly desert, certainly not the most preferable area he would have chosen to journey through, but there was something about the data he had at hand that niggled his thought processes. Hadn't he heard of rumours circulating a certain ancient prison facility, known as the Elysian Fortress, that claimed the presence of an unknown group? It was said that no trainers had ever returned from journeying there, since the prison had been taken over by those people. Could there be a connection, or was it mere coincidence? The scientist's perpetual paranoia was huffily remarking to his cortex's decision sector that it could not be THAT easy, but the evidence was too glaring to ignore.

"While it's possible the western direction might be a ruse to throw people off, I suppose Incura Valley is the only lead we have, so we might as well check that sector out first," he said. "And I could use the help from Perseus. Ephidel's the only Pokemon whom I think can properly offer me transport, and I don't think he'd last long carrying my weight over long distances in the desert." Shadow had a hunch he knew what Perseus' motivation for Andromeda was, but he perished the thought of making a guess. No need to dig at a wound that required no reminder.

"...There's one idea that I have, though. I've heard of reports of the Elysian Fortress in the Incura Valley region being occupied by a mysterious group. Nothing absolutely concrete, but from what I've heard, no trainer who's ventured there has returned. There might just be a link, or it could be a red herring," Shadow told Loretta of his theory. "Nothing beats getting to ask the locals at Incura Valley, I guess. Though considering the terrain we'll be dealing with, I think it might be wise to look for a guide who can see us through the region, or at least to our destination without getting them involved. What do you think, Loretta?"
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 AM   #229
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

Xander: Disgusted with the behaviour of the nurse, and taking no notice of the fact the hospital's electrical appliances are blowing up all around you, you head further into the hospital with Bonky trailing so close behind it's a miracle you don't trip over one another. While looking for a doctor, you hear a male voice booming down the corridor behind you. "Tell me where she is, woman!" he demands, but the only sound you hear in response is some terrified whimpering. "USELESS FOOL!" the voice shouts again, and a moment later you hear a shrill cry followed by a sickening crack and then silence. Though you can't be certain that the owner of the voice is searching for Kayla, a niggling suspicion is telling you this child is far more than she appears to be and that perhaps the nurse did have a valid reason for turning Kayla away after all.

Hospital staff and patients are rushing along the corridor, most looking for a place to hide after hearing the voice that had echoed throughout the corridors, adding to the chaos that has entered the building, but each and every time you approach someone to ask for help they either ignore you or run away to hide. Becoming increasingly frustrated, you're beginning to think you're getting nowhere when a small boy appears before you. He looks to be about Kayla's age with scruffy brown hair and big brown eyes, but he is very pale leading you to believe he must be a patient. He stares at Kayla, recognition entering his eyes the moment his gaze falls upon her. "Get her out of the city," he whispers, his pleading gaze staring into yours. "If THEY find her, we're all doomed." The boy then scoops Bonky into his arms, and the little Cubone, seemingly happy to see him, does nothing to escape. "This way," he continues, an urgency entering his whispered tone, and after following him through several corridors you find yourself standing in an alley behind the hospital. "Take her to Zeppelin Village in the Spiritual Hills," the boy says, pointing toward the southeastern region of Elyra. "Only they can revive her, but you need to hurry!" The boy then shoves Bonky into your arms, but by the time you've managed to juggle him so as not to drop either him or Kayla, the boy is gone.

Looking up and down the alley you see no sign of the boy, and with there not being enough time for him to have reentered the hospital, you have absolutely no idea how he could have been there one moment, and be gone the next, but considering the voice you heard earlier now sounds to be a little too close for comfort, you have little time to dwell on the matter. Two people have warned you to take Kayla away from here, and taking the unfolding events into consideration you know only one thing - Kayla is not safe in Atrea City...
An irrational feeling of dread passes through him when Xander hears the booming voice of a man echoing down the corridor. The formidable tone exudes power and, judging from the chaos erupting in the building as well as the whimpering from the woman in response to his demand, it is clear the man is greatly feared. Xander cannot see what is happening at the hospital's entrance, but is certain the woman under interrogation is the nurse he'd encountered less than a minute ago. The following sound is something that fills him with trepidation because if his suspicions are correct then he is responsible for a great deal more than the sudden sparking of the hospital's electrical system. This knowledge sits heavily in his heart. He is the one to have brought Kayla here, and if she is the one the man is looking for then Xander needs to get her as far away from the city as possible before anyone else is hurt. The girl is still sick though, and he is not familiar enough with this new land to know where else to take her.

Halting in his steps at the sudden appearance of a young boy in the corridor, Xander looks at him curiously when the boy recognises Kayla. If this boy knows her then perhaps some of his questions will finally be answered, but he is only left with more when he is told "If THEY find her, we're all doomed". His mind is spinning, but the boy is moving through the hospital so quickly that he has no time to voice any of his concerns for fear of losing track of the him in the chaos. Eventually emerging into a quiet alley behind the hospital, the boy informs Xander to take Kayla to Zeppelin Village which is located in Elyra Field's Spiritual Hills. He's heard of this village before. Its inhabitants are reported to pay homage to the God of Air and train Flying Pokémon in reverence to him, but Xander is unable to make the connection with Kayla.

"Can you please tell me what's going on, and what is wrong with Kayla?" Xander asks, but is cut off when the boy tells him that only the inhabitants of Zeppelin Village can revive her, and that he must hurry. The boy thrusts Bonky into Xander's arms, demonstrating the urgency, but when Xander next looks up he is gone. Cursing himself for not paying closer attention Xander stares into the empty alley, sighing in defeat. "There doesn't appear to be any choice in the matter," he says to Cubone. Reaching into his pocket he removes Skarmory's Pokeball, releasing his faithful friend. "We're returning to Elyra Field, Skarmory, and need to leave the city as quickly as possible. In the southeast is a village that we need to locate. They're the only ones who can help Kayla, so we need to make tracks immediately." Careful to ensure that Kayla and Bonky are secured before Skarmory departs, Xander prays that he is not being sent on a fools errand.
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 04-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #230
Inferno
Pokemon Trainer
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 49
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Empyrean Mountain - Please reply in red

Inferno: Considering you have every intention of travelling up to Empyrean Mountain's summit anyway, the idea of helping the professor out doesn't phase you. If anything, the professor's Nidoking suit, which is designed to withstand the heat of any volcano, only succeeds in perking your interest as it will come in very handy when it comes to searching out the Pokémon you're looking for. The fact the professor has even offered to allow you to test out the suit if you succeed in retrieving his equipment for him so that he's able to repair the damage only makes your additional task even more worthwhile as it means you won't need to ask him for permission to try it out. All in all, this is turning out to be one very interesting and promising day. Knowing that time will be an important factor, and that it's far too dangerous for your flying Pokémon to approach the summit by air, you choose your next best Pokémon for the trip. Returning Swellow who is a little disappointed to be returning so soon into her new adventure, you release Arcanine, your powerful canine bursting out of her Fire Ball with a roar of approval. She's in need of some good exercise, so the welcome thought of taking a long, uphill hike, is extraordinarily appealing to her. "My tool kit is white, and resembles a droid. Think of R2D2, and you'll know it when you see it" responds the professor in answer to your question. "Please hurry, for we don't have much time. If the bazooka Pokémon finds it, it may be destroyed and I'll never be able to repair the suit!"

Nodding your understanding, you instruct Arcanine to head up the mountain. She immediately takes off at a run, and waving a quick goodbye to Professor Happo, you hold on tight for the upcoming ride. Clasping on to fistfuls of Arcanine's mane so as not to fall off due to the speed at which she is traveling, the land passes by at a blur, and it isn't long before Elyra Field is behind you. As she enters Auron Village, Arcanine slows her pace, well aware of the attention you're both receiving from the villagers as she trots through the main town area and up to Empyrean Gate where an old man in a guards outfit awaits you. "Hail, friend!" he exclaims when you stop by the gate to await his permission to pass through. "That's a fine beast you have there," he continues as his eyes scan over Arcanine's powerful torso. "Beware of falling rocks and wild Pokémon today, lad. An explosion at the summit not long back has the native Pokémon on edge and they're not too fond of humans trespassing across their territory at the best of times." Nodding in response to his advice, you quickly thank him when he opens the gate, and without wasting another moment urge Arcanine to race up the Empyrean Mountain Trail. You haven't gotten far when a hair raising "ROOOOOAR!" causes Arcanine to come to a skidding halt as she can sense this is no ordinary cry. Looking about for the source of the terrifying bellow, you soon notice a trainer and his Blastoise mercilessly assaulting a Rhydon who is flailing in a muddy patch of ground, completely helpless to protect itself against the constant barrage of Hydro Pumps. The trainer is laughing sadistically, taking absolute pleasure in the torture he is inflicting upon the poor Pokémon whose dual rock and ground typing is causing it a great deal of pain against the watery assault.
Inferno can't wait to find the bazooka Pokemon that attacked Professor Happo. Ever since the professor told him what happened he hasn't been able to stop thinking about it and it's still in his mind when Arcanine stops in Auron Village at the Empyrean Gate. "Hail, friend!" the guard says to him. "That's a fine beast you have there." Inferno smiles proudly. "Yes she is," he replies. "She's the best Arcanine ever!" The guard goes on to warn him about falling rocks and the behaviour of wild Pokemon today. "An explosion at the summit not long back has the native Pokémon on edge and they're not too fond of humans trespassing across their territory at the best of times" he says. Inferno nods, because he already knows what caused the explosion. "Thank you for the warning, sir. We'll be very careful" he says, not telling the guard what he knows about it. When the guard opens the gate Inferno waves goodbye, glad to be on his way because he doesn't really like talking to people. The guard seems like a nice man but Inferno has other things on his mind and wants to get to Empyrean Crater as fast as he can. Holding onto Arcanine when she starts running again, Inferno feels good that they're getting closer.

A loud roar somewhere close makes Arcanine stop a minute later and Inferno is a bit annoyed. He doesn't want anything interrupting his mission but when he sees what a stupid trainer and his Blastoise are doing to a Rhydon he feels angry and isn't going to let the trainer keep torturing the poor Pokemon. "Hey!" he yells. "Stop doing that!" Sliding off Arcanine, Inferno calls her back into her Fire Ball so she doesn't get hurt by Blastoise and takes out a lavendar Psychic Ball to replace it. He's spent so much time training Alakazam that he hasn't had many chances to use him in battle so Inferno is looking forward to seeing what he can do. "Come on out Alakazam!" he shouts, releasing his Psychic Pokemon. "We have a mother of a butt to kick!" Alakazam looks at the trainer and Blastoise, and then at Rhydon, and his eyes flare angrily, his hands curling into fists around his twistedspoon. Inferno smiles because he knows Alakazam will fight better if he's angry. Not wanting the trainer or Blastoise to know what he's planning, Inferno whispers to Alakazam. "Teleport right up in front of Blastoise and give it an Ice Punch in the face." Alakazam nods, and then they both wait to see how the trainer reacts to their challenge.
__________________


Active Team
♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.47 ♀ Lv.35 ♀ Lv.29 ♂ Lv.25 ♂ Lv.6

Lanette's PC
♀ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.25 ♀ Lv.25 ♂ Lv.23 ♀ Lv.22 ♂ Lv.20 ♂ Lv.15 ♀ Lv.15
♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♀ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100
Inferno is offline  
Old 04-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #231
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: In response to your comment regarding the dark men heading toward Incura Valley when departing the ranch possibly being a red herring, Loretta nods. "That is possible," she agrees. "I'm not so certain they are trying to lead us astray though. Incura Valley is an enormous region, and there are hundreds of places for them to hide, so even if they are out there, there's no guarantee we'll ever find them. We also need to consider the possibility of them not being afraid of us finding their location. If this is the case then their organisation could be quite large and well protected, meaning they have no need to fear intruders because their base of operations is well guarded. If the Elysian Fortress is where they're hiding then it won't be easy getting inside so we'll need to be ready, but the Fortress just seems too simple. We have to be prepared for the fact that we may need to travel further into the region in which case our mission could take weeks, even months." She pauses for a moment, mulling over your plans for the journey. "I'm not really comfortable with dragging anyone else into this, but if you'll feel better with a guide then I won't argue to point. We have two choices here. We can ask an Icura local to help us, or we can travel to Atrea City. The best guides in the land can be found at the Royal Oak Tavern so we can't go wrong by hiring one of them. I'll pay, of course, but if you want the best then that's the place to go." Loretta then unclips a Fire Ball from her belt, stroking Perseus' nose and giving him a pat before whispering, "We'll bring them home honey, I promise," before recalling the fiery equine to his ball. Handing the Fire Ball to you, Loretta smiles. "Take good care of him, or you'll have me to answer to." She then playfully punches your arm, but you have an extremely strong hunch that she's not kidding in the slightest. "I'm going to collect my ride, and I'll meet you back here. You may as well gather your Pokémon now, before we leave, so that none are accidentally left behind because once we leave we won't be coming back here until our mission is complete. Have a little think on what you'd like to do, and when you'd like to leave, and let me know your decision when I return." With that, Loretta rushes into the ranch grounds leaving you staring after her...


Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

Xander: Beginning to feel a little like a yo-yo, traveling back and forth between Elyra Field and Atrea City with someone else controlling the string, you can only trust in the fact the mysterious boy you'd encountered is not leading you astray. Mounting Skarmory and ensuring both Kalya and Bonky are secure before you depart, you're startled when a sudden explosion from behind you sends the hospital doorway flying over your head and crashing into the wall on the opposite side of the alleyway. A man clad entirely in black appears, his dark brown eyes immediately falling upon you before his gaze travels to Kayla. A grin that sends a chill up your spine turns the man's face into a twisted mask of pure evil, and instinct tells you before your brain even has a chance to catch up that this man will stop at nothing to get his hands on the girl. "We meet at last, my little treasure," he says, his tone full of malice before his gaze returns to yours. "You don't truly believe you can keep her from me, do you? Hand her over now, and I may spare your life." Lifting his finger, he points straight toward Skarmory, and before you can process anything that is happening, a dark purple beam shoots from his fingertip, striking Skarmory in the side of his chest. "I did not, however, say that I will spare his." Skarmory drops like a brick, toppling you, Kayla, and Bonky onto the ground beside him. The attack had been so sudden that Skarmory didn't even have a chance to screech in protest, and now he's laying here in the alley, lifeless. Horrified to see your long time companion taken from you in such a violent and unexpected turn of events, you find yourself faced with a decision that will undoubtedly effect the rest of your life - however long that may be...


Empyrean Mountain - Please reply in red

Inferno: Though your mission to find Professor Happo's mysterious bazooka Pokémon is foremost in your mind, the thought of allowing a sadistic trainer to continue torturing a helpless Pokémon while you continue along your merry way is not something that sits well with you. Calling out and demanding the trainer immediately stop what he's doing, you slide off of Arcanine and wait to see how the trainer reacts. He turns toward you, a smirk crossing his face when he notes you're in the company of yet another Pokémon who has a type weakness against his Blastoise. "Oh yeah?" he drawls arrogantly. "And what are you gunna do if I don't?" Quickly realising the danger of having Arcanine in his presence, no matter how strong or well trained she may be, you're not about to risk her sustaining any injuries when this trainer is obviously hell bent on torturing those with distinct type disadvantages. Acting quickly, you recall Arcanine to the safety of her Fire Ball, releasing Alakazam to fight in her place. The trainers grin falters for a minute, a distinctly worried expression appearing for only a moment. "You think that thing will beat my Blastoise?" he laughs. "You're a fool if you think that's gunna happen!" Though he sounds confident, you can sense he's not as sure of himself as he was when he thought he had a fire type at his mercy.

"Hydro Pump, Blastoise!" the trainer orders. "Show that little squirt what you're made of!" You can only grin upon hearing these instructions, for you already know the attack isn't going to hit its mark. A second later Blastoise unleashes its attack, a powerful stream of water bursting out of its cannons and blasting across the distance between itself and Alakazam who disappears just before the Hydro Pump hits. Both the trainer and Blastoise are looking confused, but a moment later Alakazam reappears directly in front of Blastoise after having Teleported his way across the field. His fist is encased in a misty glow of ice energy, and before Blastoise has a chance to react, Alakazam's fist slams it in the face. The Ice Punch results in a section of Blastoise's nose, mouth, and cheek on the left hand side of its face to frost over which isn't a pleasant feeling at all for the water type, while the hard hit to the nose has resulted in Blastoise's eyes watering rather heavily. It places its hands over its nose, bellowing loudly from the pain. Its trainer is enraged. "Gaaah!" he yells, obviously unimpressed with the fact you'd managed to hurt his Pokémon. "You're gunna pay for that! Hydro Pump again Blastoise!" he rages, glaring angrily at you. "And a Water Pulse too!" he adds as an afterthought...
enchantress is offline  
Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #232
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Dragon11: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you're more interested in the mythical rumours you've heard surrounding the Light and Dark Avatars who are said to have once battled a great war in this land. Figuring the best way to find out more about these legends will be to visit the library in Atrea City you mount Flygon and hold on tight while he takes flight, soaring into the air above Elyra Port.

Moments later you're flying over top of a large expanse of open plains. Already having an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. There are people everywhere, and in the distance you can see two enormous mountains. One has steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, while the other appears to be surrounded by an icy haze. It's the city in the north that has your attention however, and even from this distance you can see the impressive pure white structure of the Divine Castle towering above all of the other buildings in Atrea City. Setting your sights on your location, you're enjoying the flight when out of nowhere you feel something hit Flygon. He flinches backward, screeching in pain, and though you're not quite sure what it is that's happened, one thing becomes clear very quickly - he's lost the ability to control one of his wings. Unable to fly properly, Sandstorm loses complete control and begins a terrifying nosedive toward the ground. He struggles, trying to regain control, but whatever it is that's happened to him also appears to be making him very weak. His breathing is ragged, and within moments he loses consciousness, plunging to the ground while you watch those in the impact area scurrying out of his path. You're vaguely aware of others who are further away running in closer, when all of a sudden you feel someone take hold of you and a moment later you're on the ground, watching as Sand comes to a sudden stop less than a metre from the ground.

With your brain working in overdrive while trying to process all of this information, you notice that an Alakazam is standing next to you and is controlling Sandstorm with its use of Psychic. Rather than crashing to the earth, Sandstorm comes to a gentle landing on the grass and it's only then that you notice something protruding from his body, at the base of his right wing. With your natural instinct being to remove the foreign object, you're soon forced to rethink the situation when a voice from beside you says, "Don't touch the arrow son, the poison will kill you in seconds". Helpless to do anything but watch, you stand back while Alakazam continues to use its psychic powers to remove the arrow from Sand before leaving it hovering in the air some metres away from him. The voice you'd heard turns out to belong to a man in his thirties who proceeds to release a Houndoom. "Burn it, Bane," he instructs his Pokémon who unleashes a Flamethrower which incinerates the arrow in a few short seconds. "Now you can approach him," the man says to you. "But if we don't move quickly we'll never be able to rid him of the evil that has marked his soul..."
Aero watched the fields as he passed them. Then on the horicon, the capital city of this new land appeared. The city was magnificent, especially the awe inspiring large castle at the center. It was easy to see why the Gates of Paradise myth couldn't be debunked. But his thoughts were disrupted as he felt Flygon was struck by something. Aero was too scared to comprehend the situation, and the next thing he knew, the ground was coming fast. He said a final prayer and winced.

But then, something miraculous happen. The two were stopped only a few feet from the ground by something invisible. Aero and Sandstorm were eased to the ground. Aero jumped off and went to see what hit Sandstorm, ignoring how they were saved. An arrow was in Sand's side. With one hand, he reached towards the arrow, and dug in his backpack for medicine.

"Don't touch the arrow son, the poison will kill you in seconds."

Aero pulled away and looked back. There was a man in his thirties with a Houndoom and a Alakazam. The Alakazam was pulling the arrow out with his psychic abilities. After he was done, Houndoom burnt the floating arrow to nothing.

"Now you can approach him. But if we don't move quickly we'll never be able to rid him of the evil that has marked his soul..."

Aero ran to Sandstorm. He wasn't dead, but far from okay. Aero turned and looked towards the man frantically, in tune to this unknown danger. He hysterically questioned, "What's going on? Who are you? What evil? What was that arrow?"
__________________
FB Squad

FB PC
Dragon 11 is offline  
Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #233
bird1111
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 347
Send a message via AIM to bird1111 Send a message via MSN to bird1111
Re: The Twilight Realm

As Bird stands on the deck of the boat, looking over the railing, he thinks about what he has heard about the place he is going. He has heard that the place is full of interesting places to visit, and has several interesting cultures of people, a large variety of Pokemon, and many fascinating people to meet. He hopes that he is up for the challenge despite his inexperience, as he only just started his journey with his partner, Pidgey, recently.

As Bird thinks about his journey so far, he smiles, as he remembers how he and Pidgey managed to meet the challenege the teenagers had provided, despite the fact that the teenagers had thought he couldn't do it. Not only did he succeed in getting the honey, he caught a Heracross in the process! He then looked at his partner, Pidgey, and said, "Looking forward to having more adventures, Pidgey?" At this his partner squaked in an exited voice. He grins at his pokemon's response and says, "Same here, I've heard many great things about where we are going." Looking out to the rail, he notices that they are getting close.

A few minutes later, the boat having arrived, Bird steps out with the other passengers, ready to find out if Elyra is as good as he heard it was.
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Trainer Level: 2; Wins: 14; Losses: 13; Draws: 2; Knockouts: 28; Trainer Points: 85.5; Service Points: 6; DQ Losses: 1; DQ Wins: 0; Badges: 1 (Referee Badge)

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
bird1111 is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #234
Joshua
Rainbow Badge
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 972
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Joshua: While you're busy switching Pokémon and instructing them on their respective jobs in regards to putting out the fires that are destroying what's left of the farm, Elsa starts shaking. Now that Nadia is gone, Elsa has succumbed to the terror in her heart, heavy sobs wracking her entire body while she watches your Pokémon move into action. She looks to the ground, apparently unwilling to look you in the eye, but you realise this is due to utter humiliation rather than any kind of avoidance to your questions. Giving her time to pull herself together, you watch your Pokémon while Elsa cries softly beside you which gives you a little time to try and piece some information together. Nadia had been after a payment of some sort, and Elsa had been unable to meet the required quote despite her best efforts. Apparently it isn't the first time either considering the damage that had been done to one of the barns prior to Nadia's arrival. The fact she and her Pokémon are so strong is a little troublesome, for Nadia apparently belongs to some kind of organisation known as "The Nightbringers" which implies there are more like her out there who are quite possibly more powerful than she, and that they are terrorising this community. Whatever the case, Elsa is none other than a victim in the larger scheme of things and had risked her own life to save yours when Houndoom's Shadow Ball had very nearly ripped right through you. She obviously needs help, but whether or not you're in a position to provide it is something you're unable to judge until you know a little more about Nadia's organisation.

"She first appeared four months ago," Elsa's soft voice says in response to your questions. Turning your head toward her, you see that she is now watching you, obviously able to read the expression on your face and knowing that you'd like some answers. Not wanting to interrupt, you remain silent so that she's able to continue. "I don't know who she is or where she's come from, but she doesn't work alone. All of the farms in Elyra are being targeted by the Nightbringers who are demanding taxes in return for keeping our children safe." At this point Elsa's eyes cloud over, and you can tell that she's struggling within herself to keep her emotions in check. "On the first night she took my twelve year old son, Rael. On the second night she returned for my nine year old daughter, Alexis. On the third... On the third she took the life of my husband, Deacon, and our eighteen month old daughter, Amanda. Deacon tried to stop her from taking Amanda and Nadia just... she just killed him. With dark magic. Just killed him. Then she killed Amanda as a warning to me that she will not tolerate defiance in any form. She demanded that I provide her with twelve hundred pounds of wheat each week or Rael and Alexis will meet the same fate as Deacon and Amanda, but without Deacon to help... Others are in the same position. Their children have also been taken, but each family is being asked to provide a different form of payment. What the Nightbringers want, or where they are taking our supplies, we have no idea. We don't even know if our children are alive, but are doing as we're told in the hope the Nightbringers will eventually be satisfied with what they've taken and return our children to us." Nadia then falls silent, her gaze returning to her ruined farm and the smoke trails rising into the air. Your Pokémon have succeeded in putting out the fires, but from the expression on Elsa's face you can tell that she's barely holding onto any hope at all of her children being safe, let alone alive...
"Well, that's peachy, isn't it?" Joshua turned his attention to his Pokemon, who looked rather weary from all their efforts. "You guys did well, now rest up," he said, recalling them to their Pokeballs. Turning back to Elsa, Joshua took a moment to choose his words carefully. With a small burst of inspiration, he whipped out his Pokedex, making a small change to his arsenal, watching as one of the balls on his belt shimmered, before being replaced.

"I'm sorry that I haven't used you in so long," Joshua muttered as he unclipped the ball, "but I need your help here. Ryan, come forth!" With a burst of red light, Ryan the Sceptile, one of Joshua's strongest Pokemon, and his first true capture, stood before him, arms folded.

"Elsa," Joshua began, hoping she would take notice of his words. "Nadia was too powerful for my guys, I'll admit. True, some of my other Pokemon are stronger than those I used in that match, but I can't afford to risk your life, or the lives of your children, in hopes that I could win."

"What I can offer, Elsa, is me. I don't know much about wheat farming, or much about physical labour at all, but I'm sure between Ryan and I, we can help somehow. Let us help you make this next offering, and I promise to do whatever I can to help you. However, I may be forced to do somethings against my better senses, but I would ask that you trust me. I promise not to rest until I help you rescue your kids."

A sudden burst of inspiration struck Joshua, and he unclipped another Pokeball, Hayley the Flygon unleashed to the world. Leaping onto her back, Joshua nodded to Elsa. "Back in a minute." With a whispered instruction, Hayley flew off, disappearing from sight into a nearby cloudbank.

Not long after, Joshua and Hayley emerged from the cloudbank, and it was immediately evident Joshua had changed his clothes in the cloudbank. His sandy blond hair was roughly spiked, and his eyes were veiled by a stylish pair of sunglasses. A dark blue shirt adorned his body, a symbol blazed upon it in red, an upside-down pentagram in front of a crescent moon. He wore a jet black pair of jeans, stylish running sneakers, and a velvet red jacket was draped loosely over his shoulders. A small choker chain was wrapped around his neck, joined together by another inverted pentagram.

"Much better," Joshua muttered, tilting his head from side to side, cracking his neck each time. "Now, Hayley dear, back to Ryan and Elsa please!" Hayley began to descend, and Joshua wondered how Elsa would answer, and what he'd gotten himself into.


Please forgive the random bit at the end, I've been trying for a while to find somewhere to change his outfit, and that was the best idea I could come up with without self-updating, which is evil and gets me killed.
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Level 5 Trainer, 30 Pokemon
34-22-12, 100 KOs, 253.5TP, 1.25 SP
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Joshua is offline  
Old 05-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #235
S_M
Volcano Badge
 
S_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to S_M
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

S_M: With the giant Ariados little more than a popsicle slowly thawing in the morning sun, you look up into the tree to see how Persian is doing when the boy and his father catch your attention. Though in a rather foul mood to see the little brat has obviously lied through his teeth to his father, you do your best to control yourself and reply in a civil manner even though the father isn't extending the same courtesy. Upon hearing your explanation and seeing for himself that a bird is indeed holding a berry in its beak while feeding it to his rather sickly looking feline, the man's expression turns from one of anger to apology/embarrassment, and back to anger again, only this time he's angry with his son.

"Is this true?!" he yells at the boy, his rhetorical question causing the kid to back up a few steps in the face of his father's rage. "You tell me some trainer is trying to hurt Lila, and all along he's saving her!"

The boy looks down at his feet and begins to twirl the tip of his shoe in the grass, too afraid to say anything in response for fear of getting into even more trouble. The father isn't about to let him get away with the silent treatment however, and becomes even angrier. "Apologise at once!" he rages, standing over the boy until he eventually looks up at you and with a meek little "Sorry", turns around and runs off into Elyra Field.

Allowing the father a few moments to settle down, you turn your attention back to Swellow and Persian. Persian has now finished off the berry and is looking a little healthier than she had a few minutes ago, but there is an unmistakable expression of pain in her eyes and you can only hope there's nothing more seriously wrong than the aftereffects of the poison. Swellow is nibbling away at the sticky string tying the cat to the tree branch, and a moment later she lets out a triumphant, "Caw!" before flying down to you. It appears she's succeeded in releasing Persian from its bindings, but that hasn't changed the fact that something is still seriously wrong as the cat still isn't making any move to climb down from the tree.

"You've done more than enough already, let me take care of this" says a calm voice from behind you. Spinning around, you watch while the boy's father removes a Pokeball from his pocket and releases a Pokémon you've never seen before. In fact, it looks more like a large purple balloon than a living creature. After the father ties a rope to Drifblim it floats up into the air, rising closer and closer to the branch Persian is laying on, and a moment later you watch while it extends ribbon like arms over to the cat and helps her to move on top of it. Once Persian is laying safely on top of Drifblim's head, the boy's father pulls on the rope to bring Drifblim slowly and steadily back to the ground which is when you see just what kind of state Persian is in.

Not sure how this has happened, you can only stare at the rib protruding from the feline's body, and at the back leg which is quite obviously broken and is hanging limply at a rather frighteningly unnatural angle. Her breathing is shallow and while you're wondering what Ariados had done to cause this kind of damage it takes you a moment to realise the father isn't even looking at the injured cat. Curious, you see him bending over the frozen Ariados before he takes a fishing knife from his pocket and stabs at a section of ice until a part of Ariados is exposed. Next he takes a syringe from his pocket and stabs it into the unconscious spider before drawing some liquid out of its body and into a tube attached to the end of the syringe. Completely clueless as to what it is he's doing, let alone why he's carrying a syringe of all things on his person, you watch while he caps the bottle containing the liquid drawn from Ariados and stands up. Walking over to you, the father hands the vial to you.

"Use it sparingly," he says simply. "This isn't easy stuff to get hold of and will protect you from becoming poisoned if you happen to come across any more of these monstrosities. For some reason we can't explain the serum doesn't work on Pokémon, but it will protect humans. These freaks of nature have been coming out of the forest in recent months and their toxins have been discovered to kill a human within two minutes of infection. Make sure to carry a water bottle on you at all times with a little of this serum mixed into it. You have about three days' worth of serum in that vial and if you're careful may be able to stretch it to four."

Turning his attention back to his Pokémon, the man gently strokes Persian's head. "Don't fret, Lila" he croons. "We'll have you back to your old self in no time."

Turning back to you he smiles, an expression far more pleasant than the mask of anger he'd worn upon first meeting you only a few minutes ago. "Take care son, and if you're ever in need of assistance just remember that I owe you one. The name is John, and you'll always be able to find me at the Royal Oak in Atrea."

John then lays his hand gently upon Persian to keep the cat steady on Drifblim's head before slowly leading the balloon Pokémon off into Elyra Field, toward Atrea City...
Watching with slight amusement as the father reprimands his son and orders him to apologize to him, Stephen attempts to hide it from his face, realizing that the situation at hand does not call for it. However, as the boy runs off, Stephen's sense of amusement gradually fades as Swellow flies down from the tree, landing on Stephen's shoulder. Looking upwards toward the Persian, Stephen hardly even thinks as his hand moves downward toward his belt, preparing to call out another Pokemon which he could use to save the cat, who clearly looks to be in almost as bad of a condition as it had been before the Lum Berry provided its curative effects. However, stating that Stephen had already done enough, the man pulls a Pokeball from his belt and tosses it, the crimson and white ball flashing open to reveal an odd, translucent ghost type, which almost reminded Stephen of a balloon. Stephen thinks to himself, So that's what a Drifblim looks like. Stephen watches interestedly as the Drifblim ascends to the branch, lifting Persian onto it and descending again.

The man, however, has turned his sights on the Ariados. Hacking away at the icy covering with a fishing knife, utter confusion comes over Stephen as the man pulls out a syringe, stabbing the spider and retracting the plunger, the syringe filling with liquid from the spider before placing it into a small bottle and capping it, and handing it to Stephen.

Holding out his hand and taking the bottle, Stephen listens intently as he hears the man explain that the venom will protect him from more of these types of Ariados, who have popping up in large numbers from the forest. A bit disturbed of the news that there are more, Stephen nods as he pulls a Fresh Water from his bag, and pouring a small amount of the venom into it. Shaking the bottle to mix the venom into the water, Stephen listens as the man introduces himself as John, and says that if he even needed him, he would be at the Royal Oak in Atrea.

Thanking the man as he departed, Stephen turns to Swellow. "Well, looks like we've got an adventure on our hands," Stephen says, to which Swellow nods before leaving Stephen's shoulder and flying a few feet in front of him. "I vote that we head off to the forest and see if we can't find out what's going on - you ok with that?"

Swellow nods again, before flying off, with Stephen close behind.
__________________
TL6 - Former B+ Ref
Former Dragon and Prehistoric Gym Leaders
57 - 18 - 6
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline  
Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #236
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

Xander: Beginning to feel a little like a yo-yo, traveling back and forth between Elyra Field and Atrea City with someone else controlling the string, you can only trust in the fact the mysterious boy you'd encountered is not leading you astray. Mounting Skarmory and ensuring both Kalya and Bonky are secure before you depart, you're startled when a sudden explosion from behind you sends the hospital doorway flying over your head and crashing into the wall on the opposite side of the alleyway. A man clad entirely in black appears, his dark brown eyes immediately falling upon you before his gaze travels to Kayla. A grin that sends a chill up your spine turns the man's face into a twisted mask of pure evil, and instinct tells you before your brain even has a chance to catch up that this man will stop at nothing to get his hands on the girl. "We meet at last, my little treasure," he says, his tone full of malice before his gaze returns to yours. "You don't truly believe you can keep her from me, do you? Hand her over now, and I may spare your life." Lifting his finger, he points straight toward Skarmory, and before you can process anything that is happening, a dark purple beam shoots from his fingertip, striking Skarmory in the side of his chest. "I did not, however, say that I will spare his." Skarmory drops like a brick, toppling you, Kayla, and Bonky onto the ground beside him. The attack had been so sudden that Skarmory didn't even have a chance to screech in protest, and now he's laying here in the alley, lifeless. Horrified to see your long time companion taken from you in such a violent and unexpected turn of events, you find yourself faced with a decision that will undoubtedly effect the rest of your life - however long that may be...
Feeling like he's watching the scene in slow motion, Xander is convinced he's trapped in a nightmare he can't wake up from. But this is not a dream. Skarmory has been his friend and companion from his earliest days as a trainer, and in his worst dreams he cannot ever imagine anything like this happening. Anger, fear, sorrow, aggression, a mass of emotions are threatening to crush him if he cannot gain control his feelings. Only one other time in his life has he felt the desire to avenge the life of a loved one stolen from him, but if he chooses vengeance over survival in this instance he'll surely seal the fate of Kayla, Cubone, and himself. Skarmory can't fly them out of here, and any sudden actions on Xander's part will alert the man to his intention to flee. He will not leave Skarmory behind, but he cannot see a course of action that will allow them all to escape safely. Even if evolved, Spearow can't carry all of their weight, and neither can Yanmega. Crobat can, but isn't fast enough to avoid meeting the same fate as Skarmory. Dusknoir.. Dusknoir! Dusknoir can teleport them out of immediate danger giving them the chance they need to escape. It's a dangerous plan, but it's all he has. If Dusknoir can teleport them out of the alley, Xander can feed Spearow enough candies to evolve him and allow him to learn Agility. Fearow can carry Kayla, Cubone, and himself, Crobat can carry Skarmory, and Yanmega can fly with them to fight if they are followed. Assuming they're dead whether he hands Kayla over or not, Xander's hand closes around the Ghost Ball clipped to his belt and allows his thoughts to pass telepathically to Dusknoir who is inside. He unclips the ball, rolling into a sitting position and placing Bonky on his lap. Wrapping one arm around Skarmory and the other around Kayla, he meets the gaze of his enemy and replies calmly, "You'll have to kill me first". With his final word, Xander triggers the Ghost Ball's release button.
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #237
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

bird1111: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you haven't really decided upon a particular location to visit and release Pidgey to accompany you while you travel. Turning toward the main walkway leading out of Elyra Port, you begin your journey into Elyra Field wondering what kinds of brand new adventures await you.

Several minutes later, leaving Elyra Port behind, you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. You had an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, but its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the lake, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. A short while later you notice an Abra sleeping against a tree trunk when a feisty looking Yanma decides it wants to pick a fight. Abra teleports away to safety - and right on top of your head! Abra points at the offending bug type, pleading for your help...



Dragon11: "What's going on?" the man repeats, genuinely surprised by your question. "You're flying across the sky on a Dragon Pokémon, boy," he states matter of factly, as though you should have known perfectly well what he's talking about. "Dragons are rare and mysterious creatures in these parts, and their power is legendary. The arrow that shot your Flygon down has an unidentified toxin in its head. When the tip of the arrow enters a Pokémon, the poison is released into their bloodstream and spreads. When it reaches their heart it changes them, turning them into emotionless, evil, killing machines." He stops speaking for a moment, his eyes scanning over Flygon before stopping on the wound in Sand's chest. "I've only come across two cases of this before," he continues. "Both incidents are recent, and neither Pokémon could be saved before the changes occurred. We don't know who is responsible, where they've come from, or why they're targeting strong Pokémon. You've caught their attention, lad, and if he's not treated immediately you'll have no choice but to kill him before he kills you. Your best chance will be to retrieve the only known cure from the Shado..." but before he can finish speaking, a deafening roar that fills your heart with dread cuts him off. Both of you turn in the direction from which the sound came, and the sight that greets you has your heart practically bursting out of your chest. A man dressed entirely in black is swooping from the sky atop the most frightening looking Salamence you've seen in your life. It's slightly darker than normal, surrounded by a dark purple aura, and it's fiery red eyes send a chill up your spine as they seem to bore right through you. Its rider has his gaze fixed upon Flygon, the evil glint in his eye leaving no doubt in your mind that not only is he responsible for shooting Sandstorm down from the sky, but that he has every intention of stealing your partner right out from under you...


Joshua: "It's too late to do anything about it today," Elsa replies resignedly. "It's going to be dark soon, and the barn has been destroyed along with the stores I'd already collected. I'll not be able to meet the quota even with your help". Wrapping her arms around her knees she looks to the ground, an air of complete and utter helplessness surrounding her. Not really sure how to reply, you're distracted a moment later by the sound of hooves beating against the earth as they approach. Both you and Elsa look up to see a man approaching upon a Rapidash at a rapid rate, and as he comes closer you can see by his expression that something is very wrong. Elsa appears to recognise the man and rises to her feet, wiping tears from her worried eyes while stepping away from the house to await the arrival of the approaching rider. When he comes to a stop next to Elsa, his Rapidash breathing quite heavily after an exhausting ride, he looks you up and down warily while taking in your attire. Turning his gaze to Elsa he raises an eyebrow in question. She nods, waving off his query with a simple, "It's ok. He's here to help." Still not looking too certain, but apparently willing to trust in Elsa's word, he dismounts his Rapidash and wraps Elsa in a comforting hug. A few seconds later he draws back and, looking her directly in the eye, says, "We know where they are".

Elsa's mouth drops open, and although she's left speechless, you can clearly read her expression. The man looks at you again, clearly not sure if he should be saying anything in your presence, but continues anyway. "We've discovered that the children have been taken to the desert. They're being used as slaves at some sort of dig site, but according to..." he stops speaking, glancing toward you, "our source"... he continues, apparently not as willing as Elsa to reveal the identity of the person he is referring to "the desert is full of an evil they've never before encountered. We can't make sense of it, but are assuming the "evil" are the children's captors. The Nightbringers are apparently an elite branch of a special army nobody in Elyra has ever heard of, and supposedly part of a much larger organisation. We don't know how big this organisation is, but we know they have our children." He stops talking, his gaze taking in Elsa's damaged farm before returning to hers and looking deeply into her eyes. "I have nothing left here, so I'm going after them. I can't sit around and wait while my children are being used as slaves, never knowing if they'll be returned, or if they're even still alive. This is the strongest lead we've had regarding their whereabouts, so I'm leaving for the desert now. I wanted you to know before I leave..." he finishes, staring into her eyes with apparently no idea of what to say next.

Elsa is the one to speak though, looking between the two of you with an expression of determination you find surprising. "I'm going with you," she states matter of factly, leaving no room for doubt that she's one hundred percent committed to her decision and that nothing anybody says will change her mind. "Nadia has destroyed all I have, so I can't possibly meet the next quota. When I don't she'll kill the children anyway, so I have nothing left to stay for either. If my children are in the desert, then that's where I'm going." She stares at the man, challenging him to dare try and change her mind. "With or without you" she adds, her stubborn expression enforcing her decision. Turning to you her gaze takes in your new flashy look, obviously curious as to whether you're truly ready to take on a mission as dangerous as this. "If you're still willing to help, you can join us" she says simply, watching you closely while awaiting your response...



Xander: Though you're wanting to believe this to be a nightmare from which you're unable to awaken, the facts are that Skarmory is dead and that if you retaliate you'll not only be signing your own death warrant, but that of Bonky, and quite possibly Kayla as well. In order to get out of this you're going to have to move with speed you're not sure you're capable of using, but one plan comes to mind, and if it works it could at the very least buy you the time you need to escape the immediate danger. Discreetly grabbing hold of Dusknoirs Pokéball while you roll into a sitting position, you take Skarmory's head in your lap while holding securely onto Kayla. Defiantly staring the dark man in the eye you state matter of factly that he'll have to kill you if he wants Kayla. "That can be easily arranged," he replies, his eyes glinting with an evil you've never seen in a human being before. Fortunately your quick thinking is working to your advantage, however, for the sudden explosion of light from Dusknoir's Ghost Ball startles your enemy long enough for your Ghost Type to burst free of her ball, wrap her arms around you, Kayla, Bonky, and Skarmory, and to Teleport you to temporary safety just outside of Atrea City's gates.

Knowing you have no time to lose, you don't waste a second carrying out the rest of your plan, quickly releasing Spearow, Crobat, and Yanmega from their Pokéballs before returning Dusknoir to hers. Removing candies from your pack, you pile all twenty four of them in front of Spearow, instructing him to dig in while you turn to Skarmory. With no intention of leaving him behind in order to escape at a swifter pace, you lift him from the ground and place him carefully onto Crobat's back, making sure to secure him with some rope from your pack so there is absolutely no chance of him falling while you're airborne. Turning back to Spearow who is almost finished with his stack of candies, you wait rather impatiently for the inevitable to occur. A mixture of relief and disappointment pass through you when a bright glow surrounds your tiny bird, for while evolution is a proud moment for any trainer, this particular one is tinged with sadness and regret. You'd been hoping to raise this little guy solely through battling, but desperation has placed you in a position to force his evolution. The light surrounding him grows brighter as it expands, Spearow's body more than tripling in size, his neck and beak elongating, and his wings extending outward into the one of the most magnificent wingspans belonging to any Flying type. When the glow disappears, leaving Fearow standing before you to finish off the last of his candies, you're quick to hop onto his back with Kayla and Bonky before taking to the sky. Crobat and Yanmega lift off with you, and as all three Flying Pokémon rise into the air your hopes of escaping unscathed are dashed when a purple beam of energy shoots past your left shoulder. Looking back you find the dark man in hot pursuit upon a Dragonite surrounded with a purplish aura, and your heart sinks for you know that a single hit is all it will take to steal the life of any one of another of your Pokémon. You're about to enter the battle of your life, where losing is not an option...



Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

S_M: Taking John's advice on board, you're quick to add a splash of the special antidote to your bottle of fresh water before continuing on with your journey into the Forest of Mystery. The remainder of your trip through Elyra Field is thankfully uneventful, but after the incident with Ariados and Persian you're not too disappointed as it gives you a chance to mull over everything John had told you. Considering what he'd said about how many of those freakishly large arachnids have been emerging from the forest recently you're not kidding yourself about there being a very strong likelihood of you coming across more of them, but at least now you know they exist which gives you the upper hand as you'll be able to more easily prepare for a confrontation should you happen across one. All this aside it's been a pleasant journey so far, and as you finally enter the outskirts of the forest Swellow caws happily, thrilled to have at last reached the lush, cool, greenery of the Mystical Woodland. There is a special aura about the place that you can't describe, as though you've entered a sacred realm filled with an ancient power. The vibe radiates softly around you, a warm, pleasant feeling that has a foreboding touch of desperation, almost as though something impure has warped the natural harmony of the area. Warm sunshine is filtering through the canopy above while sounds of life fill the forest, and while you're walking along enjoying the sights and sounds around you, you're suddenly shocked when the soil beneath you caves in and you're left falling through the ground. You can hear Swellow cawing, panicked, as the smell of damp soil replaces the fresh aroma of the surrounding forest, and a moment later you find yourself coming to a sudden stop when you land on soft ground. Looking around, you find you're in an underground passage which thankfully has damp leaves covering the floor where you've landed. You can't see too far down the passage as the natural light from above can only filter in so far. From the darkness ahead you hear a faint, "Bun?", just as Swellow swoops down the hole and lands beside you, nibbling your earlobe affectionately to show she's grateful that you're okay. "Bun?", the voice from the darkness asks again, a little more desperately this time, leading you to believe that who or whatever it belongs to may be in need of some help...
enchantress is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #238
S_M
Volcano Badge
 
S_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to S_M
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

S_M: Taking John's advice on board, you're quick to add a splash of the special antidote to your bottle of fresh water before continuing on with your journey into the Forest of Mystery. The remainder of your trip through Elyra Field is thankfully uneventful, but after the incident with Ariados and Persian you're not too disappointed as it gives you a chance to mull over everything John had told you. Considering what he'd said about how many of those freakishly large arachnids have been emerging from the forest recently you're not kidding yourself about there being a very strong likelihood of you coming across more of them, but at least now you know they exist which gives you the upper hand as you'll be able to more easily prepare for a confrontation should you happen across one. All this aside it's been a pleasant journey so far, and as you finally enter the outskirts of the forest Swellow caws happily, thrilled to have at last reached the lush, cool, greenery of the Mystical Woodland. There is a special aura about the place that you can't describe, as though you've entered a sacred realm filled with an ancient power. The vibe radiates softly around you, a warm, pleasant feeling that has a foreboding touch of desperation, almost as though something impure has warped the natural harmony of the area. Warm sunshine is filtering through the canopy above while sounds of life fill the forest, and while you're walking along enjoying the sights and sounds around you, you're suddenly shocked when the soil beneath you caves in and you're left falling through the ground. You can hear Swellow cawing, panicked, as the smell of damp soil replaces the fresh aroma of the surrounding forest, and a moment later you find yourself coming to a sudden stop when you land on soft ground. Looking around, you find you're in an underground passage which thankfully has damp leaves covering the floor where you've landed. You can't see too far down the passage as the natural light from above can only filter in so far. From the darkness ahead you hear a faint, "Bun?", just as Swellow swoops down the hole and lands beside you, nibbling your earlobe affectionately to show she's grateful that you're okay. "Bun?", the voice from the darkness asks again, a little more desperately this time, leading you to believe that who or whatever it belongs to may be in need of some help...
"Wow..." Stephen says as he enters the Forest of Mystery, the sights and sounds immediately taking hold of his senses as he walks further on. Even with the natural affinity he has had for forested areas in the past, with such areas being in short supply in the area surrounding his home, this forest seems to emit some strange glow of happiness and pleasantness which enthralls him to the point where he almost forgets the very real threat of the monster, killer Ariados which have dominated Stephen's thoughts since Elyra Field. The sounds of Pokemon are plentiful though the trees, and every now and then a shaking tree branch will reveal a Pokemon skitting across the canopy.

However, even with these sights and sounds a sense of foreboding still penetrates, as though something was wrong. Unable to place his finger directly on what it was, Stephen continues along rather cautiously, attempting not to be the unknowing victim of a hungry Ariados's attack. Taking the bottle of fresh water from his backpack, he unscrews the lid and takes a tiny sip of the water, attempting to balance the threat of an attack with the limited supplies of venom antidote which John had provided him.

Stephen's luck, however, soon reveals itself not to have changed from what he had experienced all of his life. Just as he finishes screwing the cap of the bottle back on and replaces it in his bag, the ground underneath Stephen gives out, and Stephen wildly clutches at the air to attempt not to fall. Stephen feels as Swellow's talons leave his shoulder as she flies into the air, but having no wings, Stephen falls directly downward. A moment later, Stephen finds himself having landed on a pile of leaves, placed in such a position to break his fall. "At least one thing goes right," Stephen mutters, as Swellow flies down the cavern to join her trainer, landing on his shoulder again. Stephen hears a faint noise, sounding like "Bun" or something similar, but passes it off as simply a figment of his imagination brought on by falling. Whatever it was, Stephen pays little attention to it and his thoughts are turned toward his escape from this unfortunate landing.

"Well..." Stephen says as he gets up and brushes himself off. Looking upward and seeing where he had fallen, Stephen is just about to ask Swellow to Fly him back up to the surface, but is cut off by another faint "Bun." Realizing that it was not a figment of his imagination, Stephen looks around the tunnel, hoping to see whatever it was. However, he cannot see in the low light conditions which the tunnel provides, and he reaches to his belt, pulling off a Pokeball and tossing it onto the ground. "Go, Ariados!" Stephen calls as the crimson and white ball hits the ground, temporarily illuminating the tunnel in a brilliant white light which soon fades away, returning the area to its darkened state.

From the light comes a moderately sized spider Pokemon. Ariados looks around at the situation rather gleefully, being out of its Pokeball, while Stephen is simply glad that his Ariados hadn't quadrupled in size and become one of the monstrous beasts. Turning his attention back to the issue at hand, however, Stephen says to Ariados, "Ariados, use Flash to light this place up. I have a feeling that there's a hurt Pokemon around here, but if anything tries to attack you, use String Shot to hold it in place before you Signal Beam it."

Stephen shields his eyes as Ariados nods and begins to glow white, preparing her Flash attack.
__________________
TL6 - Former B+ Ref
Former Dragon and Prehistoric Gym Leaders
57 - 18 - 6
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #239
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

lilbluecorsola: With this bittersweet goodbye turning into one of the sweetest moments you've ever experienced, both you and Ralts smile tearily at one another while you hold out your Friend Ball for the little psychic type. Psychically connected, visions of all of the trials you've been through on your long and arduous adventure are shared; happy times, sad times, tough times, trying times, all of them leading up to this very moment. The bond of friendship is already strong, and without a moments hesitation Ralts reaches out and triggers the release mechanism on the ball leaving you to watch with a happy heart while it's pulled inside. Ralts' willingness to become a member of your team has given you ownership of the level six female, whom you immediately release from the confines of her new home. Ralts leaps into your arms, thrilled to pieces to know she has a secure position on your team, and not wanting to be left out of the moment Bobble leaps into your arms as well which results in a group hug full of happy tears and laughter.

Several minutes later, while the three of you are heading toward the gates that will lead you out of Atrea City and into Elyra Field so that you can continue on toward the Forest of Mystery, you hear a loud cry coming from nearby. Looking around to see what all of the commotion is about, you spy an elderly woman laying on the ground while a young boy of around twelve with a Rattata by his side flees through the city gate with the old woman's handbag...
OOC - Thanks again for taking me into your group, Tessie-san. And sorry this reply took so long. x-x

Seeing Jess hold out a Friend Ball in order to welcome to a new teammate, Ralts could hardly contain her excitement as she immediately reached forward and tapped the small button on the front, allowing herself to be drawn into the small device, signaling her acceptance of the girl as her trainer. Jess smiled kindly at the surface of the metal sphere for a moment before pressing the button once more to release Ralts back onto the earth beside her so they could journey together. Still overjoyed by her acceptance onto Jess’s team, Ralts leaped straight away into the arms of her trainer, who gladly returned the loving action. Not wanting to be left out of the moment Bobble also bounded merrily into his trainer's arms, and the three embraced tightly, laughing and crying in friendship. Though her eyes could not be seen, Ralts's smile was enough to tell Jessica that she had made the right decision, for the little Psychic Pokémon had finally discovered a place where she knew she would always be genuinely loved and cared for, and Jess was more than willing to provide such a place for her after all they’d been through.

At last Jess put both Ralts and Bobble down, despite the entire group’s reluctance to part. Bobble still held tightly onto Ralts’s hand, and the two shared a look of fondness for a moment that Jessica couldn’t help smiling at.

"Ralts," she interrupted at last (suppressing a chuckle as the two abruptly turned to her and blushed), "Now that you’re a part of a team, would you like to have a nickname? Or is 'Ralts' okay with you?" She spoke aloud so Bobble would not feel excluded from the conversation, although the choice was entirely up to Ralts.

Ralts considered for a moment, then spoke her answer telepathically (though Jess somehow got the impression that Ralts’s quiet, transient voice was addressing less specifically her and more the air around them this time so that Bobble could hear the message too). I’d like to be called "Alice", if that’s okay with you, the little Psychic Pokémon thought shyly.

"Alice? Sure, that’s a really pretty name." Jessica smiled broadly, and Ralts, now christened Alice, blushed with pleasure at the compliment. Bobble seemed to say something telepathically to her as well, and the normally pale-skinned Pokémon’s flush deepened suddenly from pink to cherry. Jessica clapped her hand to her mouth and turned away; she could hardly keep herself from gushing over how cute the two were.

After a while Jess cleared her throat and again interposed between the two with the suggestion that they should probably get going, to which the pair readily responded despite the ruining of the atmosphere. Thus the group set off together in high spirits, headed to begin their search for the Tears of Pure.

Finding their position on the map, Jessica realized they needed to pass through Elyra Field in order to reach the Forest of Mystery. As they walked along towards the city gates, the group gazed about at the sights, it being their first time touring the famed City of Fortune. The place certainly lived up to its name; the streets prospered abundantly with a great amount of activity and commerce, for everywhere they passed they beheld stores as well as hordes of tourists heading in and out of them. Their lively motion and chatter gave the city a cheery dynamic atmosphere, and for a moment the group nearly lost themselves amid the hustle and bustle of activity, swept easily away by the crowd towards the enticing shops and attractions.

Jessica knew they could not afford to lose sight of their purpose, and scooping up her two companions she managed to slowly disentangle herself from the crowd of people streaming around her in all different directions. When at last she broke free she found a tall elaborate city gate facing her, and checking their map Jess was amazed and delighted to discover that they had somehow managed to reach their destination after all. Pocketing the map, the group was about to set out on their journey across Elyra Field when suddenly they heard a loud cry of distress coming from nearby, causing them to stop and instinctively seek the source of the disturbance. They immediately spotted an elderly woman lying on the ground not too far away, and an adolescent boy fleeing from the scene carrying a handbag that obviously did not belong to him. At his heels scampered a small rodent, which Jess immediately recognized as a Rattata from its purple fur.

The boy sprinted past her before she could even react, and hastily escaped from the city through the gate behind her. "Hey!" she yelled as soon as she registered the event, but she was unfortunately five seconds too late; the boy had already disappeared. Jessica frowned, considering for a moment whether she should chase him. But the little crook was already out of sight, and Jess was far more concerned about the victim right now, afraid the old woman might be hurt somehow from her stance.

"Are you all right, ma'am?" she asked as she hurried over to the woman’s side, anxious to offer any assistance if necessary.
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 12:48 AM   #240
Inferno
Pokemon Trainer
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 49
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Empyrean Mountain - Please reply in red

Inferno: Though your mission to find Professor Happo's mysterious bazooka Pokémon is foremost in your mind, the thought of allowing a sadistic trainer to continue torturing a helpless Pokémon while you continue along your merry way is not something that sits well with you. Calling out and demanding the trainer immediately stop what he's doing, you slide off of Arcanine and wait to see how the trainer reacts. He turns toward you, a smirk crossing his face when he notes you're in the company of yet another Pokémon who has a type weakness against his Blastoise. "Oh yeah?" he drawls arrogantly. "And what are you gunna do if I don't?" Quickly realising the danger of having Arcanine in his presence, no matter how strong or well trained she may be, you're not about to risk her sustaining any injuries when this trainer is obviously hell bent on torturing those with distinct type disadvantages. Acting quickly, you recall Arcanine to the safety of her Fire Ball, releasing Alakazam to fight in her place. The trainers grin falters for a minute, a distinctly worried expression appearing for only a moment. "You think that thing will beat my Blastoise?" he laughs. "You're a fool if you think that's gunna happen!" Though he sounds confident, you can sense he's not as sure of himself as he was when he thought he had a fire type at his mercy.

"Hydro Pump, Blastoise!" the trainer orders. "Show that little squirt what you're made of!" You can only grin upon hearing these instructions, for you already know the attack isn't going to hit its mark. A second later Blastoise unleashes its attack, a powerful stream of water bursting out of its cannons and blasting across the distance between itself and Alakazam who disappears just before the Hydro Pump hits. Both the trainer and Blastoise are looking confused, but a moment later Alakazam reappears directly in front of Blastoise after having Teleported his way across the field. His fist is encased in a misty glow of ice energy, and before Blastoise has a chance to react, Alakazam's fist slams it in the face. The Ice Punch results in a section of Blastoise's nose, mouth, and cheek on the left hand side of its face to frost over which isn't a pleasant feeling at all for the water type, while the hard hit to the nose has resulted in Blastoise's eyes watering rather heavily. It places its hands over its nose, bellowing loudly from the pain. Its trainer is enraged. "Gaaah!" he yells, obviously unimpressed with the fact you'd managed to hurt his Pokémon. "You're gunna pay for that! Hydro Pump again Blastoise!" he rages, glaring angrily at you. "And a Water Pulse too!" he adds as an afterthought...
"Who's he calling a squirt?" Inferno says angrily to himself, cracking his knuckles. He's only fourteen and he's already taller than his parents and his sisters. If trainer battles didn't have strict rules about only letting Pokemon battle he'd make this idiot trainer eat dirt. Anyone stupid enough to only train a Pokemon against other Pokemon who are weak against it doesn't deserve to be called a trainer and Inferno is going to teach this one a lesson. He's happy when Alakazam carries out his orders perfectly and makes Blastoise roar out in pain, but he feels a bit sorry for it. Its trainer is only ordering it to use water attacks when Blastoise has a lot of other moves it can use. Inferno wonders if it's ever used other attacks because its trainer isn't smart enough to know it has any. It doesn't matter because if it keeps doing this it's better for Alakazam. "Good, Alakazam!" he shouts. "Duck under the Hydro Pump and use Mega Kick, then dodge the Water Pulse with Teleport and use Psycho Cut!"
__________________


Active Team
♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.47 ♀ Lv.35 ♀ Lv.29 ♂ Lv.25 ♂ Lv.6

Lanette's PC
♀ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.25 ♀ Lv.25 ♂ Lv.23 ♀ Lv.22 ♂ Lv.20 ♂ Lv.15 ♀ Lv.15
♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♀ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100 ♂ Lv.100
Inferno is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 05:09 AM   #241
Joshua
Rainbow Badge
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 972
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Joshua: "It's too late to do anything about it today," Elsa replies resignedly. "It's going to be dark soon, and the barn has been destroyed along with the stores I'd already collected. I'll not be able to meet the quota even with your help". Wrapping her arms around her knees she looks to the ground, an air of complete and utter helplessness surrounding her. Not really sure how to reply, you're distracted a moment later by the sound of hooves beating against the earth as they approach. Both you and Elsa look up to see a man approaching upon a Rapidash at a rapid rate, and as he comes closer you can see by his expression that something is very wrong. Elsa appears to recognise the man and rises to her feet, wiping tears from her worried eyes while stepping away from the house to await the arrival of the approaching rider. When he comes to a stop next to Elsa, his Rapidash breathing quite heavily after an exhausting ride, he looks you up and down warily while taking in your attire. Turning his gaze to Elsa he raises an eyebrow in question. She nods, waving off his query with a simple, "It's ok. He's here to help." Still not looking too certain, but apparently willing to trust in Elsa's word, he dismounts his Rapidash and wraps Elsa in a comforting hug. A few seconds later he draws back and, looking her directly in the eye, says, "We know where they are".

Elsa's mouth drops open, and although she's left speechless, you can clearly read her expression. The man looks at you again, clearly not sure if he should be saying anything in your presence, but continues anyway. "We've discovered that the children have been taken to the desert. They're being used as slaves at some sort of dig site, but according to..." he stops speaking, glancing toward you, "our source"... he continues, apparently not as willing as Elsa to reveal the identity of the person he is referring to "the desert is full of an evil they've never before encountered. We can't make sense of it, but are assuming the "evil" are the children's captors. The Nightbringers are apparently an elite branch of a special army nobody in Elyra has ever heard of, and supposedly part of a much larger organisation. We don't know how big this organisation is, but we know they have our children." He stops talking, his gaze taking in Elsa's damaged farm before returning to hers and looking deeply into her eyes. "I have nothing left here, so I'm going after them. I can't sit around and wait while my children are being used as slaves, never knowing if they'll be returned, or if they're even still alive. This is the strongest lead we've had regarding their whereabouts, so I'm leaving for the desert now. I wanted you to know before I leave..." he finishes, staring into her eyes with apparently no idea of what to say next.

Elsa is the one to speak though, looking between the two of you with an expression of determination you find surprising. "I'm going with you," she states matter of factly, leaving no room for doubt that she's one hundred percent committed to her decision and that nothing anybody says will change her mind. "Nadia has destroyed all I have, so I can't possibly meet the next quota. When I don't she'll kill the children anyway, so I have nothing left to stay for either. If my children are in the desert, then that's where I'm going." She stares at the man, challenging him to dare try and change her mind. "With or without you" she adds, her stubborn expression enforcing her decision. Turning to you her gaze takes in your new flashy look, obviously curious as to whether you're truly ready to take on a mission as dangerous as this. "If you're still willing to help, you can join us" she says simply, watching you closely while awaiting your response...
Joshua looks over the newcomer, neither seeming to want to trust the other. When Elsa seemed on very good terms, Joshua relaxed a little, but was still cautious. Listening into the conversation, Joshua's eyes watched Elsa's face as the stranger revealed that he knew where Elsa's children were.

Listening to Elsa's heart-moving speech, Joshua moved his hand over his heart. "I've already told you Elsa, I'm here to help you. If there is evil to be fought, that I can handle. At least I know how to rely on my Pokemon to fight, whereas I know next to nothing about fighting." Joshua turned to Ryan the Sceptile.

"Buddy, I'm gonna need you to rest up. You're one of my best fighters, and based on Nadia's power, I'll need you later." Recalling the grass type, Joshua turned to his closest comrade. "Hayley, are you up to the challenge?"

The dragon type nodded vigorously, and with renewed energy, Joshua leapt on Hayley's back, and with little effort, Hayley was hovering a few feet above the ground. "I'm ready when you guys are," he said, eyes on Elsa. He still had doubts about this newcomer, but there was little he could do about it at the moment. He needed all the allies he could get.
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Level 5 Trainer, 30 Pokemon
34-22-12, 100 KOs, 253.5TP, 1.25 SP
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Joshua is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 07:59 PM   #242
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,202
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Lee's group - Update #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xuande: You give your next orders to Mankey, all the while hoping that he won't inflict too much damage on his opponent so that Ekans won't be severely hurt. The snake Pokemon doesn't care that much for your kind thoughts however as it quickly fires its dangerous Acid attack in Mankey's direction. Your Pokemon, already busy preparing his next attack, can't dodge fast enough and suffers the full consequences from the attack. The Acid burns a hole in Mankey's hide and burns the flesh underneath, causing the Fighting Type to cry out in pain. However, this also enfuriates him even more, causing him to rush at Ekans head-on and slamming his fist straight at the snake's head, Karate Chopping it for some good damage.

Ekans also cries out in pain, but quickly recovers from the hit. It then proceeds to look fiercely in Mankey's eyes, hoping that its Glare will frighten and possibly paralyze its opponent. However, that wasn't exactly the smartest move it seems..Mankeys in general and yours in particular don't like it when their opponent makes eye contact with them, as they see it as a challenge to their authority. And you get to witness the result of this first-hand, as Mankey is basically seething with rage now, his face red and his fists clenched. Ignoring any and all of your commands, your Pokemon rushes towards Ekans and, before the Poison type can react, proceeds to beat it to a pulp with several punches and kicks. Ekans is sent flying several feet by the last hit and only very slowly gets up again. It's not down yet, but doesn't look like it has much fight left in it. Your Mankey is the exact opposite, since it doesn't exactly look like it wants to stop fighting any time soon..what will you do?
Cyrus's mouth fell in horror. "M-Mankey ..." Cyrus couldn't have imagined a scene worse than the one in the Forest of Adventure where Mankey viciously punched Chikorita square in the face and proceeded to shred at his own body to free himself from her Leech Seed, but here he was, witnessing it first-hand.

Cyrus fell to his knees as he watched Mankey continue to punch and kick at the limp snake Pokémon. Mankey was now ignoring all of Cyrus's commands, even the one to return to his PokéBall. Cyrus could not believe it. "And I had thought we were so close ..." He trailed off, not finishing the sentence "... to teaching Mankey civility ... self-restraint ... noblesse." This wasn't the art of fighting Cyrus knew Mankey was capable of -- this was primal rage, unleashed. There was only one thing he could do.

"SUGARPUFF! HURRY!" Cyrus cried as he got to his feet, pulling the PokéBall from his belt and holding it at arm's length pointed towards Mankey and Ekans' current location. Cyrus hated to do this, but Mankey was no longer "Cyrus's Pokémon" -- he was Mankey again, furious, blind, and lethal. Cyrus had no intention of capturing Ekans but he knew he had little else he could do if he didn't want the snake to die. What Cyrus was doing right now was indeed one of those alternatives.

Cyrus formulated the plan in his head as SugarPuff, his trusty Hoppip, was summoned to the battle. "First, I'll get SugarPuff to use Stun Spore on Mankey. That should paralyze him just long enough so that I can return him to his PokéBall. Then I'll order SugarPuff to use a Sleep Powder and Leech Seed combo on Ekans. If it works, it should put the snake to sleep and gently sap his last remaining ounce of energy, knocking him out of commission even after he wakes up. By which time, hopefully, we'll be long gone anyway."


OoC: Brilliant update! One of your best yet. Thanks for really taking the time to consider my Mankey's character and working with me like this. This update made me break into a real sweat!
Talon87 is offline  
Old 05-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #243
bird1111
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 347
Send a message via AIM to bird1111 Send a message via MSN to bird1111
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

bird1111: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you haven't really decided upon a particular location to visit and release Pidgey to accompany you while you travel. Turning toward the main walkway leading out of Elyra Port, you begin your journey into Elyra Field wondering what kinds of brand new adventures await you.

Several minutes later, leaving Elyra Port behind, you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. You had an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, but its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the lake, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. A short while later you notice an Abra sleeping against a tree trunk when a feisty looking Yanma decides it wants to pick a fight. Abra teleports away to safety - and right on top of your head! Abra points at the offending bug type, pleading for your help...


Bird arrives at Elyra Port, and is surprised at how such a largely populated city could be so relatively unheard of. Looking around, he soon realizes what an excellent day it is for traveling. The sun is shining brightly and the sea air coming in makes a pleasant smell. After a few minutes admiring how good the day is, he decides to go ahead with his journey and walks into Elyra Field.

As Bird leaves Elyra Port behind and walks into Elyra Field, he is amazed by how large it is. He had heard it was large, but the field was massive! Not only that, but its not exactly empty of people, as it, like the port, is highly populated. He realizes it will take him a while to reach the lake, but in the meanwhile, there is every reason to enjoy the stroll. In the distance, he sees two enormous mountains, one with steam floating from its peak, the other appearing to be surrounded by an icy haze. After walking for a short while, he notices an Abra sleeping against a tree trunk, but a Yanma decides to pick a fight and goes to attack the Abra, who teleports… onto Bird’s head. Abra then points at the Yanma, signaling that he wants Bird’s help. Bird, who wants to help the Abra nods to Pidgey, who was next to him, and says, “Pidgey, protect that Abra! Use a Tackle followed by another Tackle. Finish up with a Fly”. Pidgey, hearing these orders, goes to attempt to follow them.
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Trainer Level: 2; Wins: 14; Losses: 13; Draws: 2; Knockouts: 28; Trainer Points: 85.5; Service Points: 6; DQ Losses: 1; DQ Wins: 0; Badges: 1 (Referee Badge)

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
bird1111 is offline  
Old 05-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #244
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xander: Though you're wanting to believe this to be a nightmare from which you're unable to awaken, the facts are that Skarmory is dead and that if you retaliate you'll not only be signing your own death warrant, but that of Bonky, and quite possibly Kayla as well. In order to get out of this you're going to have to move with speed you're not sure you're capable of using, but one plan comes to mind, and if it works it could at the very least buy you the time you need to escape the immediate danger. Discreetly grabbing hold of Dusknoirs Pokéball while you roll into a sitting position, you take Skarmory's head in your lap while holding securely onto Kayla. Defiantly staring the dark man in the eye you state matter of factly that he'll have to kill you if he wants Kayla. "That can be easily arranged," he replies, his eyes glinting with an evil you've never seen in a human being before. Fortunately your quick thinking is working to your advantage, however, for the sudden explosion of light from Dusknoir's Ghost Ball startles your enemy long enough for your Ghost Type to burst free of her ball, wrap her arms around you, Kayla, Bonky, and Skarmory, and to Teleport you to temporary safety just outside of Atrea City's gates.

Knowing you have no time to lose, you don't waste a second carrying out the rest of your plan, quickly releasing Spearow, Crobat, and Yanmega from their Pokéballs before returning Dusknoir to hers. Removing candies from your pack, you pile all twenty four of them in front of Spearow, instructing him to dig in while you turn to Skarmory. With no intention of leaving him behind in order to escape at a swifter pace, you lift him from the ground and place him carefully onto Crobat's back, making sure to secure him with some rope from your pack so there is absolutely no chance of him falling while you're airborne. Turning back to Spearow who is almost finished with his stack of candies, you wait rather impatiently for the inevitable to occur. A mixture of relief and disappointment pass through you when a bright glow surrounds your tiny bird, for while evolution is a proud moment for any trainer, this particular one is tinged with sadness and regret. You'd been hoping to raise this little guy solely through battling, but desperation has placed you in a position to force his evolution. The light surrounding him grows brighter as it expands, Spearow's body more than tripling in size, his neck and beak elongating, and his wings extending outward into the one of the most magnificent wingspans belonging to any Flying type. When the glow disappears, leaving Fearow standing before you to finish off the last of his candies, you're quick to hop onto his back with Kayla and Bonky before taking to the sky. Crobat and Yanmega lift off with you, and as all three Flying Pokémon rise into the air your hopes of escaping unscathed are dashed when a purple beam of energy shoots past your left shoulder. Looking back you find the dark man in hot pursuit upon a Dragonite surrounded with a purplish aura, and your heart sinks for you know that a single hit is all it will take to steal the life of any one of another of your Pokémon. You're about to enter the battle of your life, where losing is not an option...
His escape plan couldn't have gone better, but Xander knows they're not free from danger yet and moves as fast as he can to get away from Atrea City as quickly as possible. Lifting Skarmory's lifeless body has to be one of the hardest actions he's performed, not because of the bird's weight, but because the life force that was his friend and closest travelling companion is gone. Anger is an understated term to use to describe what Xander is feeling, but he'll not let Skarmory's killer get away with it. As soon as Kayla is out of harm's way Xander has every intention of seeking justice, even if it kills him. Securing his friend to Crobat until he can find an appropriate burial site, Xander turns to Spearow in time to witness his teammate's premature evolution. He feels some guilt in knowing that Fearow is still very young despite his new levels, and doesn't have enough battle experience or training behind him to be completely ready for this hurdle. He's a baby in an adults body and will need to learn to handle himself very quickly. The boy Xander had met had told him to go to Zeppelin Village, so that's where they're heading.

Taking off as soon as Fearow is ready, Xander's heart sinks when a purple beam shoots past his shoulder. "Shit!" he curses. "This guy doesn't know when to give up." The purple hue surrounding Dragonite is of lesser concern than the lethal power its master possesses, but is still enough to put the fear of God into him. He cannot afford to risk the life of another of his Pokemon and even though they are three to one, Crobat and Fearow are here for transport only. It's up to Yanmega to protect them, so he'll have to do the best he can. "Use Whirlwind Yanmega, then send a Sonicboom straight after it. Keep your distance, and don't make physical contact with either of them. Use Double Team to confuse them, and watch out for incoming attacks. Crobat, keep using Quick Attack to build up speed, and don't look back! If they get too close, use Supersonic." Patting Fearow to show his support and encouragement, Xander holds on tightly to Kayla and Cubone. "Agility, Fearow! Stop for nothing, and keep your eyes peeled for a small village in the southeastern region of Elyra Field."
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 05-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #245
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: In response to your comment regarding the dark men heading toward Incura Valley when departing the ranch possibly being a red herring, Loretta nods. "That is possible," she agrees. "I'm not so certain they are trying to lead us astray though. Incura Valley is an enormous region, and there are hundreds of places for them to hide, so even if they are out there, there's no guarantee we'll ever find them. We also need to consider the possibility of them not being afraid of us finding their location. If this is the case then their organisation could be quite large and well protected, meaning they have no need to fear intruders because their base of operations is well guarded. If the Elysian Fortress is where they're hiding then it won't be easy getting inside so we'll need to be ready, but the Fortress just seems too simple. We have to be prepared for the fact that we may need to travel further into the region in which case our mission could take weeks, even months." She pauses for a moment, mulling over your plans for the journey. "I'm not really comfortable with dragging anyone else into this, but if you'll feel better with a guide then I won't argue to point. We have two choices here. We can ask an Icura local to help us, or we can travel to Atrea City. The best guides in the land can be found at the Royal Oak Tavern so we can't go wrong by hiring one of them. I'll pay, of course, but if you want the best then that's the place to go." Loretta then unclips a Fire Ball from her belt, stroking Perseus' nose and giving him a pat before whispering, "We'll bring them home honey, I promise," before recalling the fiery equine to his ball. Handing the Fire Ball to you, Loretta smiles. "Take good care of him, or you'll have me to answer to." She then playfully punches your arm, but you have an extremely strong hunch that she's not kidding in the slightest. "I'm going to collect my ride, and I'll meet you back here. You may as well gather your Pokémon now, before we leave, so that none are accidentally left behind because once we leave we won't be coming back here until our mission is complete. Have a little think on what you'd like to do, and when you'd like to leave, and let me know your decision when I return." With that, Loretta rushes into the ranch grounds leaving you staring after her...
Shadow looked at Loretta's retreating figure, holding Perseus' Fire Ball in his hand, taking the ranchgirl's feedback into account. He needed the time now to earnestly rethink his plans over properly. With a start, he then recalled Loretta's suggestion to retrieve his teammates as soon as possible, before they left the grounds.

"Grim, I need you to locate Mango and bring her back here quickly," said the scientist, turning to his Dusknoir. "Use Foresight if you need to; we'll be going on an epic journey and I don't want anyone to be left behind. Once you two have regrouped here I'll call you back into your PokéBalls."

"Dusk, noir." The Gripper Pokémon nodded, and went off on his search, leaving his trainer to his private thought processes.

Loretta's own two cents had, admittedly, began to make Shadow feel more nervous than he would have liked saying so. Under normal circumstances, he would certainly have requested a guide for harsh desert conditions, but Loretta's response was certainly not without merit. It would not be a wise choice to put yet another person in the risky fray, and there was also the unmentioned problem of a potential loose cannon; an element they could not control. The guide might betray them in a crucial point, or might even be a spy in cahoots with the enemy. Perhaps the only way was for them to rely on information retrieval and brave it on their own...

The thoughts swirling in Shadow's mind drifted to other pressing matters with regards to their plans for the future. Though Loretta had told Shadow that Andromeda's kidnapping incident was not his fault, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of responsibility at his weakness then. Loretta had also mentioned the potential strength of their foe, and the possibility that they might not even be bothered at the fact that their hideout and existence were known... at this, Shadow felt even less confident than he already did. Recalling Loretta's remark that the Elysian Fortress might have been too obvious a suggestion, the young man grimaced inwardly at the seemingly impossible task ahead. How was he going to help Loretta take on an enemy of unknown location and unknown skill at his current status?

Perhaps, he reasoned, they would have to spend time "levelling up" somewhere, somehow, to use the technical jargon. They might have to fork out further costs to train their Pokémon in new attacks. This was certainly easier said than done; his resources were rather pitiful in number and time spent training would mean less time they might have to save Andromeda. A veritable can of worms, he thought, but if it meant saving Andromeda, it was an option he had to bring up.

Making a note to suggest this new possibility to Loretta, Shadow looked around, silently awaiting the return of his comrades...
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 05-11-2008, 10:05 AM   #246
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

bird1111: Yanma doesn't seem too pleased with the idea of Abra trying to escape and follows it, zooming straight in for the little psychic type who is clinging tightly onto your head. Pidgey is quick to intervene though, swooping in for a Tackle and ramming the flying bug in the side. Yanma is knocked off course and turns around to face Pidgey, quite peeved about the fact he has the audacity to interfere. Pidgey isn't at all phased, however, he'd beaten a Heracross after all, so he's quite confident that this little dragonfly will be minced meat in no time. Yanma wastes no time in retaliating, whizzing in to counter attack and meeting Pidgey head on as both Pokémon crash into one another with their respective Tackle attacks. Pidgey squawks, and Yanma buzzes angrily, as both Pokémon prepare to go at it in a battle to the death - or at the very least, KO land. Yanma is the first to strike, its Quick Attack catching Pidgey off guard before he has a chance to build up speed for his next attack. He's struck in the wing, but quickly takes to the sky even though a dull ache is making flying a little difficult. Quickly circling around, he whooshes back down and attacks Yanma with Fly which sends the little dragonfly crashing into the ground. It spits the dirt out, rises back into the air, and prepares to attack again as this battle moves into the next round...


Joshua: Though Elsa appears to be on very good terms with this man who is quite obviously a family friend, you're just as uneasy in his presence as he is in yours. Wary, though possibly more due to the man's mistrust of you than due to any other influence, you readily agree to accompany the two into the desert in search of their children. If they are indeed being held somewhere out there, and the Nightbringers' association is anywhere near as large as it sounds to be, these two are going to need as much help as they can get. Elsa seems relieved when you agree to join them, and you have a sneaking suspicion her relief is based solely on the fact that she doesn't want to be arguing her point about coming along on what sounds to be a dangerous expedition. The reason seems irrelevant though, because from the determination she's showing, she's not going to let you or anybody else influence her. "Thank you," she says, smiling. "Undertaking a task such as this is a lot to ask of someone I've only just met, but I'm thankful all the same." Turning to her male companion, Elsa smiles again. "This is John," she says by way of introduction. "Deacon and John have been the best of friends since they were babies, and now our families are friends and neighbours. Our children played and went to school together, and now John's children have been taken by the Nightbringers, just like my own sweet babies. We have to find them, and won't give up until we bring them home".

John then takes a hesitant step toward you, obviously still not willing to completely trust in a total stranger, but willing to at least give you a chance considering Elsa appears to trust in you. "Pleased to meet you," he says, extending his hand to shake yours. "We'd best not waste any time then. We have less than a week before Nadia returns, and if we haven't found our children by then, we'll never see them again." You're under no illusions regarding what he means by that, and can understand why he isn't completely trusting considering how personal this mission is, and the cost involved to both he and Elsa should they fail. After you mount Hayley, preparing to leave for the desert, Elsa releases her own mount while John climbs onto his Rapidash. You're a little surprised to see a Tauros appear from Elsa's Pokéball, but upon thinking about it realise you shouldn't be all that surprised. She is a farmer's wife after all, and bulls aren't an uncommon sight on a farm. Elsa quickly ducks into the house, returning a few minutes later with a pack full of supplies for the road, and within minutes you're all riding across the vast plains of Elyra Field, heading west toward Incura Valley. Hayley seems to be enjoying the ride despite the fact she's flying low rather than soaring through the sky, but considering its best to stay as close to Elsa and John as possible, she doesn't seem to mind.

Several hours later, after having taken only one rest during your journey, Elsa and John come to a stop at the beginning of what appears to be a long, winding trail leading into the Incura Valley region. Hayley comes to a stop beside them, looking at the trail before them and wondering where it will lead them. "This is Incura Valley," John states matter of factly. "On the other side of the canyon is the Spiritual Desert, but our journey through Quondam Passé won't be an easy one. Many of the Pokémon who live here are very territorial, and we're unlucky enough to be passing through at a time of year when their young are just starting to venture out on their own. Try to steer clear of young Pokémon if you can. If you don't approach them, the parents might just leave you alone, but you'll need to be ready just in case trouble strikes. If you have any Pokémon who are strong against Ground and Rock Type Pokémon, it'll be a good idea to keep them close at hand." With that, John and Elsa both move on, riding along the trail that will lead them closer to where their children are being held captive...



Shadowshocker: Feeling less and less confident by the minute, you take some time to think over everything Loretta has said. Though a guide may be a good way to go, the risk of adding a third party to the mission isn't really worth the trouble considering how many negative points there are to factor into the equation. With the negatives outweighing the positives, you're quick to push that idea to the side, but the fact that your team is relatively young and untrained is something that is causing you a great deal of concern. There are many dangers ahead, all of which are unknown, which is another niggling fact you're uncomfortable with, leading you to believe that taking some time to train before leaving may be a good idea. Your thoughts are interrupted when Grim returns with Mango by his side, and after thanking him for his swiftness in carrying out your instructions, you return both Pokémon to their respective Pokéballs just before Loretta appears with two saddle bags, a knapsack full of items, and yet another Fire Ball clipped to her belt.

Loretta listens intently while you express your concerns regarding your team, and how you're not certain they're up for the task. She smiles, her eyes softening with understanding. "A Pokémon can only ever be as strong as their trainer, Shadow. Whether they've had no training, or years worth of training, they can only follow the lead of the trainer they love and trust. Was Mango fully trained when she put herself in the path of those two Tauros, or when she faced the Fearow, or even when she helped to put the ranch fires out? Was Grim fully trained when he saved Kindle from being crushed by the barn wall? Don't ever doubt your abilities as a trainer, because that will be the undoing of your Pokémon. You know your Pokémon, and what they're capable of. You act upon instinct, instructing them to use moves you know they can perform. I'm not saying that extra training isn't handy as an additional backup, but in the past hour you've already demonstrated your expertise as a trainer whether you realise it or not."

Pausing for a moment, Loretta reaches into her back pocket. "I just saw daddy," she continues, removing a small disc case from her pocket. "He wasn't sure if you were going to stay for a while, and wanted me to make sure you have this after all you've done for us today. It's TM Flamethrower. I don't know how much use it will be to you, if at all, but hopefully it'll help at least a little with the training you'd like to give your Pokémon. Our journey is going to be hard, Shadow. There will be many dangers to face along the way which will provide your team with a lot of battle experience. Never doubt yourself, and I promise we'll get through this." She watches your expression carefully, trying to gauge your thoughts. "If you're ready, then so am I. Just say the word, and we're out of here." Loretta falls silent, leaving you to make the decision you'll feel more comfortable with. You know she won't begrudge you the opportunity to stop for a little while in order to level up your team, but you can also sense her desire to keep hot on Andromeda's trail before any possible leads turn cold. Whatever you decide, you know she'll back you up, so wherever you both go from here is now entirely in your hands...



Xander: Crobat understands his instructions and acts swiftly, building up his speed with Quick Attack in order to flee this nightmarish man and his Dragonite. He takes his role in this mission very seriously, as Skarmory has been a member of your team for even longer than he has. The two had grown and trained together, becoming the best of friends as your team grew, their shared flying typing solidifying a friendship so that it was stronger than that of most of your other teammates. Crobat had been there at the beginning, and will be there to the end, and has no intention of allowing anyone near him or Skarmory before they can make their escape. Yanmega looks nervous, but considering the circumstances, that's not all too surprising. Having to protect his trainer, teammates, and a couple of strangers on his own against a force of power that seems out of this world would be a daunting task for any Pokémon, but the fact he's been trusted with such a mission gives him the mental psych boost and confidence he needs in order to help keep his calm as he carries out his instructions. He turns to face Dragonite and its trainer, and though the very sight of Dragonite is intimidating at best, he successfully manages send quite a powerful Whirlwind careening toward the approaching duo. Dragonite is caught up in the strong currents and temporarily loses control giving Yanmega the opening he needs to shock them with a Sonicboom. The dark man very nearly falls, but grabs on tightly to Dragonite who struggles to right himself within the strong air currents that are tossing him around. By the time Dragonite has regained control, there are four Yanmega surrounding him thanks to the bug type's use of Double Team, and Crobat and Fearow are fleeing into the distance. It's utterly enraged by Yanmega's assault and opens its mouth wide, sending a Hyper Beam shooting out across the sky. The powerful charge rips right through one of Yanmega's clones, continuing on to shoot right in between both Fearow and Crobat. People on the ground are watching the battle, awestruck by the spectacle they are witnessing while Yanmega continues to try distracting Dragonite. The dark man lifts his finger and points it at Yanmega, the frighteningly familiar purple beam shooting out and destroying yet another of Yanmega's clones. This time Yanmega was lucky, but with only one clone left, next time he may not get off quite so easily...


Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

lilbluecorsola: S'ok. I'm well aware of the addictive nature of the Zelda games, particularly OoT ^-~

More concerned with the wellbeing of the old lady than with the thieving boy and his Rattata, you're quick to approach her to see if she's alright. Kneeling down next to her, you ask if she's ok, but when she looks up you can't help but wonder if you've made the right decision. The look in her eyes as her gaze falls upon Alice and Bobble is enough to make your skin crawl, and even your Pokémon can sense that something isn't right about her. They both back away a few paces, and you can hear their thoughts simultaneously entering your mind. "Don't trust her," they're saying. "We must leave her alone, get as far away from her as possible. She's evil, and we're all in danger!" The woman looks up at you, and something tells you that she's aware of the fact your Pokémon are communicating with you. She may not be able to hear what they're saying, but the gleam in her eye is enough for you to know she's trying to gauge your feelings from your facial expression. Though old, her skin is much more wrinkled than you'd expect. Her hair is scraggly and gray, while her eyes are as black as a Murkrow. She seems more like an old crone than an old woman, her black dress, black stockings, black boots, and pointed black hat giving you an odd mental image of her hopping onto a broomstick with a black Persian riding along with her while she flies across the night sky as a silhouette in front of a full moon with her cackle drifting through the still night air. The woman appears to be aware of you scrutinising her appearance, and immediately allows the gleam in her eyes to soften. "Oh yes!" she replies in answer to your question. "The little scoundrel gave me a bit of a fright, that's all. Thank you for coming to the aid of a poor old woman, dearie. You truly are a little treasure, aren't you?" As she says this, her eyes move to Alice, and you have the strangest feeling that she's not referring to you as being the treasure. She gets to her feet, leaning heavily upon you while she does so. "Please let me thank you for helping me," she continues. "My house is not far from here, and there's something I'd like to give you as my way of saying thank you." Bobble and Alice are definitely not open to this idea. "NO!" they both shout, their telepathic cries bursting into your head in an explosion of protest. "We have to get away from her! Please, let's go!"



Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

S_M: Releasing Ariados to provide you with a light source so that you're able to see who the voice in the dark belongs to, you shield your eyes while she unleashes a bright Flash of light. Moments later you're walking along the narrow dirt tunnel with Ariados and Swellow who are both rather curious to see where it leads. You're guessing the tunnel has to be about six feet high, but is definitely less than a metre wide. There isn't a lot of room to manoeuver should something unexpected occur, but you're hoping that won't be an issue as you're not planning on spending a great deal of time down here. "Bun?", the mysterious voice asks again when hearing that someone is coming. The tone sounds more hopeful this time, as though it's been waiting for someone to come to its rescue and is relived to know that help is finally on the way, but when all three of you emerge into a fairly large man made chamber a few moments later, shrill, terrified shrieks almost deafen you. Clapping your hands over your ears, your eyes are drawn to a large Ariados web in the corner of the room in which a little Buneary is entangled. Its eyes are as large as saucers, filled with utter terror as it stares at your Ariados who is looking around, confused, trying to work out what is frightening the little bunny with absolutely no idea at all that the source of the rabbit's fear is her very presence. You can see that the chamber you're in has been designed as a resting spot as there are several wooden beds lining the walls while a couple of shelves at the far end of the room hold some food items. It's the Ariados webs that have your immediate attention, however, for they're much larger than the ones you're familiar with. Several larger than usual Ariados eggs are sitting on the floor, and even while you're standing here you can see one of them wobbling on the ground, a tiny crack appearing on its side while you watch. It only takes a split second for you to realise that you've entered a nesting ground belonging to at least one of the enormous Ariados you were hoping you wouldn't encounter, and even though mommy isn't home right now you know that if you don't shut Buneary up soon she could very well appear at any given moment...


Empyrean Mountain - Please reply in red

Inferno: At such close range, Blastoise's Hydro Pump wouldn't be a pleasant experience for Alakazam, but luckily your psychic type is quick on his feet and leans back in a Matrix like stance while his foot glows white. Just as Blastoise unleashes the powerful burst of water from his cannons, Alakazam's foot slams into its belly, his Mega Kick sending Blastoise flying backward and crashing into the cliffside. The impact results in loose rocks falling down the mountainside, but luckily doesn't cause anything too catastrophic though Blastoise's trainer doesn't seem to think so. "Aaargh! How DARE you!" he screams, his voice gaining a slightly hysterical tone. "Get up and FIGHT you stupid LUMP!" he yells at Blastoise, not appearing to realise that it's his own attack orders that are losing his Pokémon its battle. "Water Pulse it NOW!" Blastoise stares at its trainer, a look of guilt on its face for having failed to hit its opponent yet, and struggles to its feet. It looks to be in a bit of pain after that last hit, but it's still obeying its trainer and stares hard at Alakazam before spitting out a stream of water containing supersonic waves. Alakazam is ready for it though, Teleporting out of the Water Pulses attack path and reappearing once again right in front of Blastoise whose eyes bulge with surprise when witnessing Alakazam's hand surrounded in a pinkish coloured glow. A split second later Alakazam makes his move, lashing out with Psycho Cut and slashing Blastoise across its belly, Alakazam's claws and Twistedspoon digging in and cutting Blastoise quite deeply. Blastoise doubles over, an agonised bellow once again echoing across the mountainside. The trainer stomps his foot like a spoiled two year old. "Gar!" he yells, throwing a tantrum which you'd find quite hilarious if it weren't for the fact this is no laughing matter. "Use two Hydro Pumps, Blastoise!" he rages hysterically. "NOW!"
enchantress is offline  
Old 05-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #247
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Feeling less and less confident by the minute, you take some time to think over everything Loretta has said. Though a guide may be a good way to go, the risk of adding a third party to the mission isn't really worth the trouble considering how many negative points there are to factor into the equation. With the negatives outweighing the positives, you're quick to push that idea to the side, but the fact that your team is relatively young and untrained is something that is causing you a great deal of concern. There are many dangers ahead, all of which are unknown, which is another niggling fact you're uncomfortable with, leading you to believe that taking some time to train before leaving may be a good idea. Your thoughts are interrupted when Grim returns with Mango by his side, and after thanking him for his swiftness in carrying out your instructions, you return both Pokémon to their respective Pokéballs just before Loretta appears with two saddle bags, a knapsack full of items, and yet another Fire Ball clipped to her belt.

Loretta listens intently while you express your concerns regarding your team, and how you're not certain they're up for the task. She smiles, her eyes softening with understanding. "A Pokémon can only ever be as strong as their trainer, Shadow. Whether they've had no training, or years worth of training, they can only follow the lead of the trainer they love and trust. Was Mango fully trained when she put herself in the path of those two Tauros, or when she faced the Fearow, or even when she helped to put the ranch fires out? Was Grim fully trained when he saved Kindle from being crushed by the barn wall? Don't ever doubt your abilities as a trainer, because that will be the undoing of your Pokémon. You know your Pokémon, and what they're capable of. You act upon instinct, instructing them to use moves you know they can perform. I'm not saying that extra training isn't handy as an additional backup, but in the past hour you've already demonstrated your expertise as a trainer whether you realise it or not."

Pausing for a moment, Loretta reaches into her back pocket. "I just saw daddy," she continues, removing a small disc case from her pocket. "He wasn't sure if you were going to stay for a while, and wanted me to make sure you have this after all you've done for us today. It's TM Flamethrower. I don't know how much use it will be to you, if at all, but hopefully it'll help at least a little with the training you'd like to give your Pokémon. Our journey is going to be hard, Shadow. There will be many dangers to face along the way which will provide your team with a lot of battle experience. Never doubt yourself, and I promise we'll get through this." She watches your expression carefully, trying to gauge your thoughts. "If you're ready, then so am I. Just say the word, and we're out of here." Loretta falls silent, leaving you to make the decision you'll feel more comfortable with. You know she won't begrudge you the opportunity to stop for a little while in order to level up your team, but you can also sense her desire to keep hot on Andromeda's trail before any possible leads turn cold. Whatever you decide, you know she'll back you up, so wherever you both go from here is now entirely in your hands...
At Loretta's words, Shadow couldn't help but feel his own worry and discouragement soften. In some ways, Loretta was more knowledgeable than him and less quick to judge. Though it was not enough to satisfy his paranoia and hesitation; how much longer could his quick thinking and chancy timing save them from the onslaught of overwhelming odds?

Pragmatism snapped Shadow back into painful reality. Insecurity no longer remained an option for him to take; now was a time where every second counted. The time had now come to make the first decision amongst many that would undoubtedly change their lives forever...

"I think at this point, we need to cover our tracks," said Shadow after some thought. "If the enemy recognises us the moment we step in the region, they might activate even more difficult defences than they already have, or even dispatch assassins to get rid of us. Perhaps we should pop by Atrea City for a quick trip to grab some clothes and disguising gear before making our way towards Incura. We'll also need a cover story for making our way towards Incura Valley... As for training and levelling, I think we might be able to squeeze in some time while we make our way through the terrain." The young man took a pause for breath, pocketing the red disc Loretta had given him.

"Well, that's all I can think of for now, Loretta. Seeing that you know your way better around here than I do, I'll leave you to decide when we depart -- as soon as you believe possible. I'm ready on my side."

A lump of fear and uncertainty instinctively gripped at Shadow's throat, the first of many he knew were sure to come. There would be no turning back...



OOC: Just a query, Tess; does Perseus take up a space in my slot? And might I have a list of his stats, or does Shadow have to ask Loretta for them?

Thanks. I've been enjoying your updates =D
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 05-11-2008, 03:37 PM   #248
S_M
Volcano Badge
 
S_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to S_M
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

S_M: Releasing Ariados to provide you with a light source so that you're able to see who the voice in the dark belongs to, you shield your eyes while she unleashes a bright Flash of light. Moments later you're walking along the narrow dirt tunnel with Ariados and Swellow who are both rather curious to see where it leads. You're guessing the tunnel has to be about six feet high, but is definitely less than a metre wide. There isn't a lot of room to manoeuver should something unexpected occur, but you're hoping that won't be an issue as you're not planning on spending a great deal of time down here. "Bun?", the mysterious voice asks again when hearing that someone is coming. The tone sounds more hopeful this time, as though it's been waiting for someone to come to its rescue and is relived to know that help is finally on the way, but when all three of you emerge into a fairly large man made chamber a few moments later, shrill, terrified shrieks almost deafen you. Clapping your hands over your ears, your eyes are drawn to a large Ariados web in the corner of the room in which a little Buneary is entangled. Its eyes are as large as saucers, filled with utter terror as it stares at your Ariados who is looking around, confused, trying to work out what is frightening the little bunny with absolutely no idea at all that the source of the rabbit's fear is her very presence. You can see that the chamber you're in has been designed as a resting spot as there are several wooden beds lining the walls while a couple of shelves at the far end of the room hold some food items. It's the Ariados webs that have your immediate attention, however, for they're much larger than the ones you're familiar with. Several larger than usual Ariados eggs are sitting on the floor, and even while you're standing here you can see one of them wobbling on the ground, a tiny crack appearing on its side while you watch. It only takes a split second for you to realise that you've entered a nesting ground belonging to at least one of the enormous Ariados you were hoping you wouldn't encounter, and even though mommy isn't home right now you know that if you don't shut Buneary up soon she could very well appear at any given moment...
Walking along the tunnel with Swellow and Ariados at his side, Stephen can't help but be slightly wary of what he will encounter at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel is only just barely tall enough for him to walk, and is not very wide either. The sound of his footsteps resounding off of the walls seems to make its way to whatever is calling out for help, sounding more hopeful as he moves closer and closer to the source of the sound.

A moment later, Stephen finally finds room to move as he walks into a large, man made chamber, and almost simultaneously, a high pitched shrill fills Stephen's ears. He immediately claps his hands over his ears, and looks furiously around the room for the source of the noise. It does not take long for him to see the Buneary, trapped upon a huge Ariados's web at the corner of a room, which seems to have been built for human use. Beds and shelves line the walls, giving Stephen the impression that the room was designed as a resting place.

His attention turning back to the Buneary, Stephen does not realize immediately what the reason for its terror is, before seeing its huge eyes fixed on Ariados. "Of course..." Stephen mutters, before he realizes that one of the huge Ariados lived in this cavern, and the sounds of the Buneary screaming certainly would bring it scuttling back.

Out of the corner of his eye, Stephen notices something wobbling on the floor at the base of the web. Large green oval shaped eggs rest on the floor, a crack beginning to form in one of them. "Just my luck," Stephen exclaims as he realizes that the giant Ariados are breeding, and it looks as though he'll be meeting some baby giants soon enough if he doesn't act soon.

However, the Buneary's screaming is his immediate concern. Pulling two Pokeballs from his belt, Stephen holds Ariados's ball up as she is converted into red light and sucked back into the ball, and then tosses out another crimson and white ball which falls to the floor of the chamber, thudding as it opens to reveal an odd almost toadlike grass/poison type Pokemon. "Ivysaur!" Stephen calls as Ivysaur takes in its surroundings, "I want you to put Buneary to sleep with a Sleep Powder, and then give her to me with your Vine Whip," before adding, "Gently," as a look appears on Ivysaur's face indicating that she wished to dispose of the source of the noice as soon as Pokemonly possible.

Stephen then turned to Swellow. "Swellow, as much as I hate these Ariados things, I really don't have the heart to just destroy these eggs." A look clearly meaning "Here we go again," crosses Swellow's face, but she hides it well as Stephen continues. "While Ivysaur's dealing with the Buneary, I want you to freeze the eggs with an Icy Wind. I don't know if that'll hurt them or not, but with any luck, it'll prevent them from hatching for at least a bit. Then, after Ivysaur has Buneary done with, I want you to set the web on fire with Flamethrower. Keep the flames away from the bed and other objects with another Icy Wind if necessary - we don't need to smoke ourselves out of this place."

Stephen then ponders for a moment about the flammability of the substances, possibly being used as a weapon against the Ariados. Recalling this very real threat, Stephen then calls out to Ivysaur, "If anything tries to attack us, use Sleep Powder on it."
__________________
TL6 - Former B+ Ref
Former Dragon and Prehistoric Gym Leaders
57 - 18 - 6
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #249
bird1111
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 347
Send a message via AIM to bird1111 Send a message via MSN to bird1111
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

bird1111: Yanma doesn't seem too pleased with the idea of Abra trying to escape and follows it, zooming straight in for the little psychic type who is clinging tightly onto your head. Pidgey is quick to intervene though, swooping in for a Tackle and ramming the flying bug in the side. Yanma is knocked off course and turns around to face Pidgey, quite peeved about the fact he has the audacity to interfere. Pidgey isn't at all phased, however, he'd beaten a Heracross after all, so he's quite confident that this little dragonfly will be minced meat in no time. Yanma wastes no time in retaliating, whizzing in to counter attack and meeting Pidgey head on as both Pokémon crash into one another with their respective Tackle attacks. Pidgey squawks, and Yanma buzzes angrily, as both Pokémon prepare to go at it in a battle to the death - or at the very least, KO land. Yanma is the first to strike, its Quick Attack catching Pidgey off guard before he has a chance to build up speed for his next attack. He's struck in the wing, but quickly takes to the sky even though a dull ache is making flying a little difficult. Quickly circling around, he whooshes back down and attacks Yanma with Fly which sends the little dragonfly crashing into the ground. It spits the dirt out, rises back into the air, and prepares to attack again as this battle moves into the next round...
Bird sees Pidgey successfully prevent the Yanma from following the Abra, and not only prevent it from attacking the Abra, but also getting the Tackle off successfully. He watches with concern when he sees the two Tackles being dead even, looks like he has another tough fight on his hands. He watches with more concern when Yanma’s Quick Attack hits Pidgey in the wing, thankfully Pidgey’s wing isn’t badly injured, but it is still something to worry about because it is clear that the injury is affecting flying at least somewhat. Thankfully it doesn’t prevent Pidgey from getting his Fly attack off successfully, and the attack manages to knock Yanma to the ground, which hopefully added at least slightly to the damage.

Bird then thinks about what to do next. The offensive approach could work, but it seems risky, he needs a way of putting Yanma at a disadvantage. After thinking about it for a minute or so, he decides that going for Yanma’s wings is his best shot. He then calls out, “Pidgey, Tackle Yanma’s wings, then Tackle its wings again! Finish with a Sand-Attack
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Trainer Level: 2; Wins: 14; Losses: 13; Draws: 2; Knockouts: 28; Trainer Points: 85.5; Service Points: 6; DQ Losses: 1; DQ Wins: 0; Badges: 1 (Referee Badge)

FB Information

FB Pokemon:
;5;M
;3;M
bird1111 is offline  
Old 05-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #250
Joshua
Rainbow Badge
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 972
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Joshua: Though Elsa appears to be on very good terms with this man who is quite obviously a family friend, you're just as uneasy in his presence as he is in yours. Wary, though possibly more due to the man's mistrust of you than due to any other influence, you readily agree to accompany the two into the desert in search of their children. If they are indeed being held somewhere out there, and the Nightbringers' association is anywhere near as large as it sounds to be, these two are going to need as much help as they can get. Elsa seems relieved when you agree to join them, and you have a sneaking suspicion her relief is based solely on the fact that she doesn't want to be arguing her point about coming along on what sounds to be a dangerous expedition. The reason seems irrelevant though, because from the determination she's showing, she's not going to let you or anybody else influence her. "Thank you," she says, smiling. "Undertaking a task such as this is a lot to ask of someone I've only just met, but I'm thankful all the same." Turning to her male companion, Elsa smiles again. "This is John," she says by way of introduction. "Deacon and John have been the best of friends since they were babies, and now our families are friends and neighbours. Our children played and went to school together, and now John's children have been taken by the Nightbringers, just like my own sweet babies. We have to find them, and won't give up until we bring them home".

John then takes a hesitant step toward you, obviously still not willing to completely trust in a total stranger, but willing to at least give you a chance considering Elsa appears to trust in you. "Pleased to meet you," he says, extending his hand to shake yours. "We'd best not waste any time then. We have less than a week before Nadia returns, and if we haven't found our children by then, we'll never see them again." You're under no illusions regarding what he means by that, and can understand why he isn't completely trusting considering how personal this mission is, and the cost involved to both he and Elsa should they fail. After you mount Hayley, preparing to leave for the desert, Elsa releases her own mount while John climbs onto his Rapidash. You're a little surprised to see a Tauros appear from Elsa's Pokéball, but upon thinking about it realise you shouldn't be all that surprised. She is a farmer's wife after all, and bulls aren't an uncommon sight on a farm. Elsa quickly ducks into the house, returning a few minutes later with a pack full of supplies for the road, and within minutes you're all riding across the vast plains of Elyra Field, heading west toward Incura Valley. Hayley seems to be enjoying the ride despite the fact she's flying low rather than soaring through the sky, but considering its best to stay as close to Elsa and John as possible, she doesn't seem to mind.

Several hours later, after having taken only one rest during your journey, Elsa and John come to a stop at the beginning of what appears to be a long, winding trail leading into the Incura Valley region. Hayley comes to a stop beside them, looking at the trail before them and wondering where it will lead them. "This is Incura Valley," John states matter of factly. "On the other side of the canyon is the Spiritual Desert, but our journey through Quondam Passé won't be an easy one. Many of the Pokémon who live here are very territorial, and we're unlucky enough to be passing through at a time of year when their young are just starting to venture out on their own. Try to steer clear of young Pokémon if you can. If you don't approach them, the parents might just leave you alone, but you'll need to be ready just in case trouble strikes. If you have any Pokémon who are strong against Ground and Rock Type Pokémon, it'll be a good idea to keep them close at hand." With that, John and Elsa both move on, riding along the trail that will lead them closer to where their children are being held captive...
Joshua and Hayley stared out over the expanse of Incura Valley, not really noting anything much in particular. A small part of Joshua's mind remembers that he'd thought about coming here originally, but he'd decided against it before he'd even set out. The reason haunted his mind, just out of reach...

Joshua's eyes take in John as he explains where they are, and what he should do. The older man seems collected, but Joshua himself has had too much experience hiding his true feelings to not realise how worried John is inside. One hand strokes the back of Hayley's neck affectionately, the relationship between Joshua and Hayley, while a pale comparision to the bond of parent and child, is the closest bond in Joshua's life, and the trainer can't even begin to imagine how he'd feel in their position.

John's suggestion of Pokemon strong against Ground and Rock types immediately springs the idea of his Sceptile and Swampert to mind, but the thought of Nadia and her powerful Pokemon makes him think twice. His eyes flicker to Hayley, her arsenal more than enough to help her hold her own, and her natural Ground typing a big assistance there.

Flicking through his squad, Joshua's fingers reach for another Pokeball, one that he'd switched for on the ride here. Within a few seconds and a burst of red light, Shade the Dusclops stands ready to fight, the ghost type more than able to handle himself. Turning to John and Elsa, Joshua nods, declaring himself ready to fight.
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Level 5 Trainer, 30 Pokemon
34-22-12, 100 KOs, 253.5TP, 1.25 SP
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Joshua is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.