UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
For what it's worth, what made you fall out of love with it, MM? Can we blame Meowth? :P
It's not really so much I fell out of love with it... More like, I realized that between James and Pomona, Goyle was always gonna be overshadowed on my team as a Grass-type. James is one of my oldest and strongest Pokemon, and Pomona's got more personality. Much as I love Victreebel as a species, I had to realize that the best thing would be to give Goyle a home where he'd get more attention. I've never even battled with him. Hell, I've never even RP'd him using any moves, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
You know, with MM giving in to his whims each time and trading away some of his team, I do wonder how it's going to affect the other Pokemon still with him... he could RP that actually and this could make for a good story line in the Bar.
It's not a bad idea. And come on, I don't give into my whims every single time. Remember when Gemini Spark hatched a Cryogonal? I kept my cool (bad pun intended). Cryogonal are probably the most badass Ice-types I've ever seen, and I wanted one so badly, but I didn't go crazy trying to make room.

Anyway, my other Pokemon won't actually have anything to worry about. Aside from Crabbe and Goyle, I'm too dead set against trading anything. The first six Pokemon of mine, the six that, for the first few years, it was just them until I unlocked my PC, they're not going anywhere (Gemini, Hebenon, James, Lily, Nagini, and Hedwig). Too much history, too many memories, I'd sooner rip out various internal organs than trade any of them away. Even if they weren't level 100, even if I was allowed to trade my starter. I'm also not gonna trade away anything involved in a romantic relationship, for two reasons; 1, the relationship helps to establish the Pokemon's personality, and 2, I don't want to be responsible for forcing anyone else to have to potentially RP their Pokemon's heartbreak, should the new trainer not want to continue to RP the relationship. Severus was different, the trade actually allowed a little bit of closure where his feelings for Lily were concerned. Anyway, this means that Sirius, Salazar, Peeves, and Marvolo are all safe. I'm flat-out not trading Malfoy, Pomona, Myrtle or Luna, I enjoy RPing with them. And Drapion is definitely something I want in FB, so Scorpius stays, too. But, the notion that some of them might become nervous due to all this trading, it does open up a possibility or two...
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #27
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,051
*All your Pokemon turn to Meowth*

Whey you're getting traded when you get boring. Whey your just a whim.
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #28
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,728
EDIT: No. I'm sorry, I can't do it. I can't get rid of Goyle, I love Victreebel! What am I doing? I can't go through with this! Meowth is still on my want list, but it's not worth losing my Victreebel. I might not have RP'd with him that often, but damn it, it's high time I started.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #29
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
I seriously think you need an intervention.

Whimers Anonymous?
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I seriously think you need an intervention.

Whimers Anonymous?
Oh, come on, I'm not that bad. Did you not just see my change of heart here? The notion of trading my Victreebel away never sat right with me, even if I never did RP with him much.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #31
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Oh, come on, I'm not that bad. Did you not just see my change of heart here? The notion of trading my Victreebel away never sat right with me, even if I never did RP with him much.
lol it was a joke, even I have my moments, we all do :P
Just seems like recently you've been whimming alot,
I know!, maybe someone's pokemon can give you a therapy session in the Bar, I hear Marion's Duskull is good at that.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #32
Marion Ette
Okay, Everyone!
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Literature Club
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I know!, maybe someone's pokemon can give you a therapy session in the Bar, I hear Marion's Duskull is good at that.
She is a psychologist in training! Besides, Keith and Victreebel are going to need some trainer-Pokemon therapy after this whole episode of near-trading...
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #33
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
lol it was a joke, even I have my moments, we all do :P
Just seems like recently you've been whimming alot,
I know!, maybe someone's pokemon can give you a therapy session in the Bar, I hear Marion's Duskull is good at that.
Haven't really been whimming that much... have I? Granted, Neville was just a whim, and I tried to resist Meowth, which of course resulted in an avalanche of whimages. Myrtle started out as a whim, but I'd never trade her now, same with Luna.

...OK, maybe I have been whimming a bit much lately...
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #34
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
She is a psychologist in training! Besides, Keith and Victreebel are going to need some trainer-Pokemon therapy after this whole episode of near-trading...
Yet somehow I still don't think that's the poison pokemon he was after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Haven't really been whimming that much... have I? Granted, Neville was just a whim, and I tried to resist Meowth, which of course resulted in an avalanche of whimages. Myrtle started out as a whim, but I'd never trade her now, same with Luna.

...OK, maybe I have been whimming a bit much lately...
The first step to recovery is knowing you have a problem.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #35
lilbluecorsola
Goodbye. I love you.
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the lantern of the future
Posts: 4,692
Lil' Bluey

So would Whimmer's Anonymous be a place to post un-whimages?

Spoiler: show
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #36
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 129
Why yes, yes it would.
It's to make you want to whim for a certain pokemon much much less.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
Marion Ette
Okay, Everyone!
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Literature Club
Posts: 2,243
Anti-whimmages, you say?

Spoiler: show


In other news, I am thinking of recoloring my Cottonee black, so that she can be the little black sheep of my Pokemon family. :3
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
lilbluecorsola
Goodbye. I love you.
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the lantern of the future
Posts: 4,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
Anti-whimmages, you say?

Spoiler: show


In other news, I am thinking of recoloring my Cottonee black, so that she can be the little black sheep of my Pokemon family. :3
ME, Queen of both Whim and Anti-Whim.

D'aww, that would be adorable. =3
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #39
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,728
So this whole situation with Goyle is now making me rethink my decision to trade Crabbe away at the first opportunity to get a Trubbish. That said, if I happen across one in any zones, I'm now screwed... And Trubbish is no whim. Trubbish is way past the point of whim, Trubbish is a priority. What to do...
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #40
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,491
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
So this whole situation with Goyle is now making me rethink my decision to trade Crabbe away at the first opportunity to get a Trubbish. That said, if I happen across one in any zones, I'm now screwed... And Trubbish is no whim. Trubbish is way past the point of whim, Trubbish is a priority. What to do...
There is a very simple solution:

You don't worry about anything until either a) a Trubbish appears or b) you have a new slot open.

I think you're worrying yourself sick over this whole dream team idea and you've really no reason to. If you've already established that Trubbish is your next must-have Pokémon, and if you've already established that short of a miracle you won't be unlocking a new slot on your team any sooner than the end of this calendar year, you've absolutely no reason to worry yourself about anything anyone else may hatch, catch, breed, or otherwise obtain. There's just no point in it. Why? Because!
  1. If you should find Trubbish before unlocking the new slot, you'd be releasing your least favorite / least invested in Pokemon ANYWAY. And your least invested in Pokemon is almost GUARANTEED to be anything you just recently acquired. (See: your story with the past two to three Pokemon you've traded for and then given away. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. ^^; They were on the bottom rung of the ladder and they each got the boot when something better happened along.)
  2. If you should find Trubbish after unlocking the new slot, then great: assuming it's empty (though knowing you it probably won't be ^^; ) you can plunk him down in there, nice and cozy, and at THAT time you can worry about how you're going to make space for who to get next.
EITHER WAY, worrying about this now isn't doing you any good. You haven't the space. That is a hard, cold fact. So without the space, there's really no reason to be worrying about acquiring 2+ Pokemon at a time. And you're already doing that, even now, with your desire to get both Meowth and Trubbish on the team ASAP. The math just doesn't work out right unfortunately. ^^; You can't have both Meowth and Trubbish when you unlock your next slot. Not without kicking somebody off the squad. So pick one for now, work towards getting them, and worry about the other one later.

Disclaimer because "tone doesn't come out well on the Internet": giving this as friendly, calm advice. I do worry that you're stressing yourself out much too much over your team situation. After what's happened earlier tonight, I wouldn't have posted this unless I felt there was even a 1% chance of it getting through to you and helping you enjoy the next 3 months in peace.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #41
Marion Ette
Okay, Everyone!
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Literature Club
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
You know this brings to me an interesting question for all those updaters out there,
How do you guys decide what pokemon (be it as partner's or to battle), we the updatee's encounter in zones?
I come up with storylines first. Whatever Pokemon fits the story is the Pokemon I pick for a reward. Simple as that.
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #42
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
There is a very simple solution:

You don't worry about anything until either a) a Trubbish appears or b) you have a new slot open.

I think you're worrying yourself sick over this whole dream team idea and you've really no reason to. If you've already established that Trubbish is your next must-have Pokémon, and if you've already established that short of a miracle you won't be unlocking a new slot on your team any sooner than the end of this calendar year, you've absolutely no reason to worry yourself about anything anyone else may hatch, catch, breed, or otherwise obtain. There's just no point in it. Why? Because!
  1. If you should find Trubbish before unlocking the new slot, you'd be releasing your least favorite / least invested in Pokemon ANYWAY. And your least invested in Pokemon is almost GUARANTEED to be anything you just recently acquired. (See: your story with the past two to three Pokemon you've traded for and then given away. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED. ^^; They were on the bottom rung of the ladder and they each got the boot when something better happened along.)
  2. If you should find Trubbish after unlocking the new slot, then great: assuming it's empty (though knowing you it probably won't be ^^; ) you can plunk him down in there, nice and cozy, and at THAT time you can worry about how you're going to make space for who to get next.
EITHER WAY, worrying about this now isn't doing you any good. You haven't the space. That is a hard, cold fact. So without the space, there's really no reason to be worrying about acquiring 2+ Pokemon at a time. And you're already doing that, even now, with your desire to get both Meowth and Trubbish on the team ASAP. The math just doesn't work out right unfortunately. ^^; You can't have both Meowth and Trubbish when you unlock your next slot. Not without kicking somebody off the squad. So pick one for now, work towards getting them, and worry about the other one later.

Disclaimer because "tone doesn't come out well on the Internet": giving this as friendly, calm advice. I do worry that you're stressing yourself out much too much over your team situation. After what's happened earlier tonight, I wouldn't have posted this unless I felt there was even a 1% chance of it getting through to you and helping you enjoy the next 3 months in peace.
Yeah, you're right. I'm worrying about this way too much, considering I have no space and there's no Trubbish that requires any sort of immediate attention. And I dunno, maybe Meowth really is just a whim, and I'm just a little confused about it from the higher-than-average volume of whimages I was subjected to, not to mention the fact that Team Rocket's Meowth is just plain awesome. Either way, Trubbish is still a higher priority than Meowth, so yeah. Thanks. I needed this.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:43 PM   #43
lilbluecorsola
Goodbye. I love you.
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for the lantern of the future
Posts: 4,692
Lil' Bluey

Guys, can we please keep general topics to the TO? =/ That's what the thread is for. This was just made to keep advertising out of the main chat. Not overtake it.
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #44
Marion Ette
Okay, Everyone!
 
Marion Ette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Literature Club
Posts: 2,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Guys, can we please keep general topics to the TO? =/ That's what the thread is for. This was just made to keep advertising out of the main chat. Not overtake it.
I can see the discouragement of bolded questions for the TO that aren't related to trading and whatnot... but if a trade-related conversation veers off in another direction, I sincerely hope that policing wouldn't happen. We are in the TO, after all, which encourages us to "go random to our heart's content".
__________________
Do you enjoy RP? If so, then join us at the UPN RPG Forum!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu

Last edited by Marion Ette; 10-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #45
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,025
The Horsea in the opening post can be removed.
__________________
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
The Horsea in the opening post can be removed.
Horsea got a home, that's great! ^-^ *wild applause and official removing from the list*
__________________
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #47
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,025
Yeeeeaaaahhh, about that.... Hum, it's actually for a shard quest. Which means it's abandoned afterwards. :P
__________________
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
SoS
Ducks gonna duck
 
SoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,823
*applause becomes slowly more awkward*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #49
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
*applause becomes slowly more awkward*
This. So, so, SO MUCH this. u.u

(Note: I don't seriously hate Shard Quest -related drops to the AC. There's no other way to complete those quests. But if there's a way to avoid dropping a Mon to the AC for Other Reason (no slots etc.), I'd prefer if people tried that.)
__________________

Last edited by kaisap112; 10-04-2012 at 10:56 AM.
kaisap112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #50
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,025
The AC should really be a last resort. I'm guilty of having dropped a Pokemon in the AC before, but it wasn't through lack of trying to find it a home; proof that it wasn't really popular with anyone is that it's still waiting to be picked up. :/
__________________
MarbleZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.