UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #1001
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew


Max the Poochyena nods, diving at the Zubat once more to rejoin the combat. "Try Supersonic again!" the Zubats trainer barked, but once again- apparently shaken from the first round of combat- the little guys aim was off, and the Poochyena was none the worse for it. Before the bat could get any further attacks off, Max had already thrown another paw-full of sand directly at it, hampering it even further.

Max jumped straight up, his jaws gripping the Zubats wing tightly as he bit down. Hanging on ferociously, despite the struggling of the Zubat, he managed to fire off a powerful zap with his thunder fang move! The Zubat finally shook him loose, and darted back, trying to clear itself of the sand. Its trainer snapped once more, "Astonish!" The Zubat swooped closer, finally trying to press the attack back in its favor with the assault.

Max flinches from the contact, but seems to still be in fighting shape! The Zubats trainer, however, focuses his attention back on you. "You really have no idea what this is, girl! I won't let some blindly self-righteous nobody like you ruin our plans!" He still stands protectively before the caged Staryu, glaring across at you.

What will you do?
Before Max could do anything, the Zubat's trainer orders him to hit him with supersonic beams again... only to miss, again. Taking that opportunity, my Poochyena throws more sand at the bat to mess with its aim even more (although I wonder how sand affects it when it has no eyes), jumps right at it, got a nice big grip at it with his jaws then zaps him off with his fangs. Not amused with the turn of events, the man in black barks at his Zubat to astonish him, which hits its target, although still fit to fight afterwards.

"You really have no idea what this is, girl!" the guy furiously screams at me, "I won't let some blindly self-righteous nobody like you ruin our plans!"

I worriedly look over the Staryu, its core still flashing slowly, but as soon as the crook notice what was I was staring at, he moves right in front of it protectively.

"...'self-righteous'?" I laugh a bit, shrugging, "Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment!"

...Huh, I never saw myself like that. To be truthful, I'm not the kind to pick on someone is this weird, smug and overconfident fashion, especially I'm not the kind of approach people in the first place. I guess it's either being a trainer that does that to me, or this idiot is such an easy target even I can't help take a swing at him!

"Well, if you're saying that I dunno what this is all about, well why don't you tell me? What is this 'plan' this time: World domination or something?" I say jokingly. "What, you think you're so bad, that everyone that stands in your way, including some 'nobodys', are easily crushed, and even the Rawk's needs to keep an eye on you?"

I hope Rawk heard at least that last sentence, and got the message of what I meant: that he keeps an eye on this guy, in case he does anything funny. I also hope that the dude didn't caught on and thought I meant "rocks".

"Anyhow," I continue, "a little less conversation, a little bit more action please: Max," I ask, "hit him with yet another Sand-Attack, while he's recovering from it, give your best Howl then give him a taste of your Thunder Fangs again!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #1002
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,315
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark



You grit your teeth, in firm determination that you could find a way out of this whole mess. Still clinging to the chimney stack with one arm, you manage to hold your feet- though you can still feel the sensation of being pulled inexorably closer to the shadow's point of termination. What happened when you crossed that line... well, you didn't particularly care to think about that.

You glance across at your Pokemon partner, Daphne, as she braces herself as best she can against the phenomenons pull. In accordance with your plan, she lets fly a pair of dangerously sharp leaves. They arc first outwardly, then angle in on the shadow, picking up speed as they did so. They impacted the very center of the darkness, and instantly vanish. There is no sound as they strike the shadow, but for a very brief moment you think you see a narrow sliver of light as the leaves disappear into the darkness.

Daphne looks back to you, and begins to step forward, when the pressure pulling you towards the center of the shadow picks up dramatically. The chimney stack begins to crumble under your grasp, and even the earth Daphne stands on opposite you begins to give way, small chunks ripping from the ground and flying towards it. Daphne looks concerned, as she calls out to you for orders.

What will you do?
Even though Hyrem held on to the chimney for dear life, he still felt himself being pulled closer and closer to the dark shadow. He and Daphne were trying hard to keep themselves from the abyssal hole nearby. His Nuzleaf tried throwing some Razor Leaves at the hole... they hit the mark, but they simply disappear into the shadow with a glint of light and no indication of them having any effect on it whatsoever.

"Leaf... Nuz- LEAF!" Daphne started to call towards Hyrem before the pull becomes much stronger. Pieces of the chimney start getting pulled in, and his grip on the chimney is loosening. Meanwhile, Daphne also struggles against the pull as she could see and feel herself and the ground being pulled towards it. "Nnnnnnuz... lllllleaf..." she says, struggling to speak as she tries even harder to resist the pull, hoping Hyrem had a better idea than she did about what to do... which he didn't.

"Nnnnngh..." Hyrem grits his teeth trying to keep a hold onto the chimney, knowing Daphne wants orders from him and fast. But the previous attack didn't really show whether or not they were dealing with a Pokemon, so... "Uhhhh... maybe... try a..Bullet Seed... I don't know!" he shouts desperately. He was trying so hard to hang on, but he knew it was only a matter of time... and he was quickly running out of options. If this didn't do anything... well, he just hoped it would do something.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 02:51 AM   #1003
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #55 (September 30, 2012)

Hello updatees! I'll try to have a rapid fire day of updates tomorrow since it'll be the last time I'll have free time for the next two weeks until my midterms are over. So reply as soon as you can tomorrow and I'll try to update it as quickly as possible.

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Your Pokémon nod at your orders, Kitty rushing towards a table to hide underneath it, peeking out her head enough to send a barrage of Bullet Seeds at the Rapidash. The green seeds explode as they make contact with the Rapidash's face, but it doesn't seem like it'll take much of the attack. The Rapidash bursts into flames as it charges at Kitty, with her rolling away from the table as Rapidash blasts the table into pieces of wood on fire as it rams into it with Flame Wheel. Minori jumps towards the Rapidash as the flames disappear, Mud-Slapping the Rapidash with his fin, which is filled with ground energy, and as the fin touches the Rapidash's face, the attack releases a cloud of dust in the Rapidash's face, lowering its accuracy slightly, just as Kitty begins to Sing as loudly as possible. The lower accuracy seems to be quite effective as the Rapidash begins to Stomp in Minori's direction, but misses by a hair's breadth, the hooves missing him completely at first, until one of attacks finally makes contact, as the Rapidash steps on Minori's body. Minori squeaks in pain as the hoove is pressed to its back, but it seems like the Singing is finally taking effect as both Minori and Rapidash yawn slightly, Rapidash falters a little before Minori slowly recovers from getting Stomped on. Minori tries to Mud-Slap the Rapidash once more but is unable as both Minori and Rapidash fully succumb to Kitty's lullaby, the Rapidash also unable to use Agility in its curret state. "Get up Rapidash!" the man screams at the Rapidash, before growling and barking orders at it, "Use two Sleep Talks!" Minori seems to be in an almost as deep slumber as the Rapidash, with the Rapidash fast asleep, standing with its eyes closed, head lowered, while Kitty is a few feet away.

What will you do now?


Comet's Corner
YDT:
The vibration of the steps the Boldore takes as it runs towards Skubble are felt, slamming its rock hand body as it Tackles Skubble. She is thrown to the side as the attack hits her, but she retaliates quickly, springing at the Boldore, whacking it with another Bone Club. The Boldore cries out in pain again, taking steps back, growling loudly at Cubone, before unleashing a Rock Blast at Skubble. She manages to dodge the first rock thrown at her, but gets hit right in the body with the second rock, and third, taking a bit of health away. Cubone uses Bone Club on the Boldore again, this time a crack is heard as the bone makes contact, with the Boldore backing down after the attack. Skubble rushes towards the Boldore, ready to push it off the hill with Strength, but just as Skubble is about to make contact, Boldore begins to glow, Hardening itself, raising its defense, but it is still pushed back a few feet by Skubble's power, taking a bit of damage from the attack as it is pushed back against its will before Skubble stops the attack, unable to push it further for now. Looks like you'll need to think of another way to get the Boldore off the hill, with Skubble getting tired from energy use, but Boldore also seems to be panting slightly from the damage it has taken.

What will you do?

Takeo: "I'll do you one better, I'll show you!" He says with a wide grin on his face, as you all then head towards his lab.

"Here we are." He says, as you reach a hill, with nothing but the ground and trees in sight. He bends down and starts to feel the ground, before mumbling to himself, "Here we go". The ground beneath you starts to tremble as a hole slowly appears on the ground as a round piece of earth moves to the side. As a light cover of dust disappears, a staircase leading underground appears, with lights suddenly shinning from inside the steps, revealing a metal coat around the passageway, "Follow me". The man in the white coat starts to walk down the stairs with the Swinub in his hands.

After walking down at least 2-3 flights down, you finally see a metal wall, which starts to feel like a dead end, until the man presses something on the door. A voice coming from the walls around you speaks loudly, "Welcome Dr. Richards!" the metal wall sliding open afterwards. He begins to walk inside with you following him, "Okay. This is our research facility," Dr. Richard starts, "I'm in charge of our virtual world division. We are currently developing a massive virtual world for everyone to take part in." The place you walk into seems to be a huge hall with people in white coats racing from side to side, and discussing things among themselves in small groups, he the walks into a white hallway, with various doors on the side, "We are currently in the early beta stages of testings. It is truly magnificent for now, but we need to start testing Pokémon battles within the virtual world. It currently doesn't have enough power for the machines to work interconnected over long distances, but we're working on that. Right now the only way they work successfully is with the crystals." He walks into a room, a glass capsule stands in the middle of the room, "Here we are. This is the virtual world simulator. Soon we will be able to hold Pokémon battles over great distances! You will be able to battle gym leaders and trainers across the world! In every field imaginable!" He seems really excited but calms down as he seems to remember something. "Right now we need to find more crystals, one for each person. Pokémon data is easier to translate into the virtual world, only when Pokémon are in their Pokéballs though. Otherwise they also require a crystal and capsule." He then turns to you, "So...feel free to ask any question, but would you like to take a test drive in this virtual world yourself? Oh yeah!" He directs your attention to a machine in the corner, "Feel free to put your Pokémon in that machine, it heals Pokémon after a minute. Just put the Pokéballs in the slots." The slots of the machine seem to be the perfect size to put up to six Pokéball at the time.

How will you respond?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: He thinks about your proposal for a second, "I think I can handle it, I don't mind going after the thieves myself." Though with a possibly broken ankle and an already tired Pokémon by his side, there might not be much he can do should he go with you. His tone changes slightly as he speaks, slightly saddened, probably because of his situation and being somewhat of a burden, "Actually maybe I can find someone to help us if I go in that direction, maybe you can find a way to leave a trail. Worst comes to worst I'll go check out whatever is that way and follow the trail you leave." He then looks at the Karrablast, "Karrablast, would you like to go with me?" "Karr-Karra" it responds, shaking its head. "Well then, I may be able to walk my way there slowly since you obviously need Ruby if you want to go ahead with your plan. I'm fine either way." He smiles slightly at you, waiting to hear further instructions on what you want to do.

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Anne starts to nod as she hears your idea, "Sounds very risky, but since we are helping their own friends and family, maybe wild Pokémon will cooperate," changing the expression on her face from slightly uncertainty, she continues with a smile, "Sure, let's do it! Hold on though, we can't send Ponyta and Blazer in their condition. Let me see if there is anything in the back." Anne climbs to the back of the truck, searching for something in the various medical supplies thrown about. "Here!" she says, quickly climbing down from the truck, "This'll heal then right up." She slowly uses a Full Restore on Blazer, erasing any sign of wear that the earlier battle had on him, she then uses another Full Restore on Ponyta, healing her up in the same manner. "Okay guys," she starts to talk to Chikorita, Blazer and Ponyta, "Don't try to make any trouble and come right back after you get enough Pokémon to help us. Alright?" They all respond with a nod before setting off to find some helpful wild Pokémon while you wait with Anne, the guy, and Farfetch'd.

Half an hour passes, the random sounds of Kricketot beginning to be heard, with the forest, while still bright, is now noticeably darker than before. "There they are!" Anne says, as the silhouette of Ponyta, Blazer and Chikorita appear. You then notice the silhouette of many other Pokémon behind them. A couple of Sentret, Furret, Linoone, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Bellsprout, and other Pokémon seem to be following the three Pokémon. "Haha, they got quite the bit of help there!" Anne says, laughing in disbelief as the wild Pokémon come to the rescue. Anne quickly organizes the Pokémon and starts handing out the supplies to carry to the center. It isn't long until the truck is completely empty with all the supplies in the hands of everyone. "Alright group, let's go!" Anne says to the everyone as you then begin to make your way back to the Pokémon Center.

It isn't long until you are back in the Center, with the wild Pokémon giving the supplies to the nurses and scattering into the forest after seeing how their friends are doing. "There you are!" The voice seems familiar, and you turn to see Peter, "I've been looking around for you! Looks like you've helped out quite a bit for today, things should be fine and be calm for now." His voice is obviously not as energetic as it was before, not after having been through so much himself for the day, "Nagasaki has been extremely helpful Peter!" Anne says to Peter, but then turns to you, "Here, we don't need these and you more than deserve them for your help." Anne hands you 2x Heal Ball as she then gets called over by the nurses. "Thank you for your help again Nagasaki! You'll make a fine Ranger yourself one day!" She winks at you as she then leaves to talk to the nurse.

"Okay, tell me exactly what happened now that we have time. Oh! Wait a minute, someone has also been looking for you for a while now! Glameow!" The Glameow rushes towards you and Blazer, seeming happy to see you if you didnt know any better. The Glameow playfully pushes Blazer with its head, as if to see if Blazer, and you, are are ready to give it it's battle, now that everything seems to be settling down for the day.

How will you respond?

Thrain: You can't shake off the feeling that another fight is about to fall in your lap again, and it seems like you would be correct. The spiders finally seem to have made their way to the room as their many legs start to sound in the air duct. It isn't long at all until one of them starts to viciously ram itself against the metal door. It continues to ram into it, but it doesn't seem to do much other than to hurt itself. After a minute of the spiders ramming into the metal panel unsuccessfully, it seems like they won't be able to do much here to your relief. That is until the sound of metal being bent is heard, you take a look at the metal door and see the door glow with a mysterious aura, slowly coming off, screeching of metal sounding as it begins to be bent, slowly but surely. It's only a matter of time until the Psychic attack completely blasts off the door separating the spiders from you and the inside of the center.

What will you do?

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: "It's fine, your parents run a Drifblim transport service? That's pretty neat!" She says, but quickly remembers the task at hand, "Okay, Nuzleaf, you wouldn't happen to know Flash would you?" The Nuzleaf shakes its head, "Oh well, I guess we'll have to use Hotstuff for now." She says winking and patting Hotstuff in the back, "In you go buddy!" Hotstuff is then forced down the hole first, with everyone following one by one. After possibly going fifty or more feet down, with the only two sources of light being a small bright light in the top of the tunnel, and the other being Hotstuff's tail, Hotstuff is finally able to stand in the ground, as the light on his tail starts to reveal the floor. "Whew, that was quite the exercise wasn't it?" Krys comments, panting slightly from the long way down. You take a look around and see light coming from the tunnel up ahead, the only way to go. Krys starts to make her way ahead, and you finally reach what seems like a room, with a Machamp statue at the other side of the room, with four torches on the walls. "Huh, it's not what I was expecting..." She walks over to the center of the room, before something suddenly drops from above the entrance you came from, blocking your only way out as a wall now blocks it. The Machamp statue begins to move towards Krys, with a thunderous voice produced by the statue speaking to your group, "Intruder! We will now test your strength to see your worth. You must show us your true strength, only then you shall be able to continue. You have 30 seconds to prepare yourself!" The Machamp statue quickly assumes an attacking stance with you, Nuzleaf, Hotstuff and Krys standing before it...

How will you respond?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
(The style doesn't matter much to me, so feel free to reply like that) Jamie takes a look at Pixie, who seems to be doing much better now, although still looks quite tired. "Yeah, I guess you are right..." she says, bending down to scoop up the Vulpix in her arms.

After walking for over 15 minutes, you finally reach the center. "Welcome to the Pokémon Center! We can fully restore the health of your Pokémon!" the nurse says with a chipper tone, smiling widely. "Can you please heal Pixie?" Jamie pushes Pixie over the desk, looking slightly anxious, to which the nurse responds, "Certainly sweetheart!" "Don't you also have Pokémon that need to be healed?" Jamie asks you, to which you respond by handing over the Pokéballs in your possession. "It will only take ten minutes! Feel free to explore the center while you wait!" The nurse quickly starts to type furiously in the computer as a Chansey takes the Pokéballs and Vulpix.

As soon as you turn from the desk, an old guy in an old school cowboy suit enters the Pokémon Center. He takes a look around the center, with a grin on his face, that is until he notices the little girl next to you, he stops for a second and does a double take, looking confused. "Let's go sit down!" Jamie says to you, skipping happily as she makes her way over to the couches, jumping on the couch with all her weight, giggling as the couch almost absorbs her, "Hahaha, it's so nice and soft!" You quickly follow her to the couch, since it seems like there is pretty much nothing else in the Center, except for a few trainers in the opposite couch of Jamie's, completely in their own little world. As you make your way over to Jamie, you notice the man is still looking at Jamie, coldness filling his eyes, but he stops staring as he walks over to the nurse's desk.

The wait for the Pokémon to be healed seems endless after 15 minutes, and with nothing but magazines in front of you, you have nothing else to do but to read "10 ways to become the worlds greatest Pokémon Trainer!" in the PokéTimes magazine, that is until someone walks in from of you and Jamie. "What are you doing here?" the man in the cowboy outfit asks gruffly, looking directly at Jamie, to which she responds with a startled, "What?" "Your kind isn't welcome here! Leave now!" The man says forcefully, pointing her towards the door. The little girls seems confused, on the verge of tears, unable to respond as the man barks at her...

How will you respond?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #1004
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Train in Vain


Kairne, Fireray

>>> You know the drill. <<<


The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew


The trainer laughed once, bitterly. "You've got spirit, kid, but you're entirely off target." His voice seemed different, slightly. This was not the arrogant boasting of a petty criminal, not the nervous rambling of a cornered thug, but instead something almost akin to wistfulness. "Mommy and daddy buy you that mutt for a birthday? Bet they did. You've never starved, have you? Been homeless, had to steal to get by? What happens here, what happens now, is a link in the chain that will make this world..." He trails off, his eyes glinting dangerously as his voice rose, his obvious and unmistakable passion of belief swelling. "It doesn't matter. You're just like everyone else around here- blind and ignorant."

He turns back to the combat, now addressing his Pokemon- "Astonish one more time, then try another leech life!" he shouted, having completely missed your subtle hint to Rawk. The Starly kept his eyes on the man in black, and even took to the air once more to circle the makeshift arena, trying to see if he could approach the caged Staryu.

Max leaps towards the Zubat once more, but this time the Zubat is quicker on the draw- it's Astonish attack strikes home, knocking Max back, but this time it's not powerful enough to make the Poochyena flinch. Max counters by kicking up still more sand- even if Zubat doesn't have eyes, it's being annoyed, if the effect on its supersonic move is any indication.

The Zubat attempts to adsorb some of Max's energy, as the Poochyena howls ferociously; but once again its aim seems to be off! The man in black curses under his breath as Max's mighty jaws clamp down once more, delivering another blast of electrical damage! The criminal begins digging frantically in his gear, presumably for a potion, leaving him temporarily distracted!

The two pokemon remain locked in combat, oblivious to the rest of the world.

What will you do?



The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark



The Nuzleaf nodded desperately, firing a stream of high-speed projectile seeds at the unusual shadow, as you cling to the rapidly disintegrating chimney stack, praying for some kind of miracle. The seeds strike home, and do produce a reaction- though it dawns on you all too late that it's not the sort you'd been hoping for. The shadow pulses once more, violently this time, sending out a wave of blackness that envelopes you, Daphne, and the cottage ruins before you so much as have a chance to evade it.

Surrounded by a perfect darkness, only now do you have time to collect your thoughts. You can see nothing- no light, no shapes; nothing at all to orient you to the ground. You notice, in fact, that you can not distinguish spatial proximity to any sort of ground at all- you are floating, or perhaps falling. You attempt to call out to your Pokemon companion, but even as your lips move, you realize no sound escapes. The world has become a pitch black nothingness, empty of all save you.

You bite back on the fear that wells in the back of your mind, trying to force away thoughts of the hopelessness of your situation, when the world suddenly and simply pops back into being...

...sort of. You sit up from where you have apparently fallen prone, and glance around. You are laying on smooth, unblemished stone flooring; in all directions are massive pillars, etched in the same odd symbols that had started your little key hunt. The room is massive, and dark, though there is a faint luminescence about some of the pillars giving off just enough light to see- albeit poorly. Daphne is nowhere to be seen, however, you realize as you pull yourself to your feet.

At least it isn't zombies.


What will you do?




Rainbow Waterfalls:

hen da man


Your little party of mid-day adventurers stops near the landing of a waterfall, the spray from it crashing into the rocks casting small rainbow effects in the dazzling sunlight, completing the picturesque scenery that was the Rainbow Waterfalls. You begin to take advantage of the large natural water basin to clean your shoes, when you Lana gasp loudly, startling you. You turn to see what had frightened or concerned her, and see the young woman trembling, both hands clenched over her mouth, her head tilted upwards to one of the cliffs far above. You crane your head up to follow her gaze, and see...

...nothing at all, just a blank cliff face and another small stream of water pouring off of it. Whatever it was, it was gone now. Your Pokemon look at you. You look at them. In unison, you all shrug. You turn to ask what had given her the shock, when she cuts you off inadvertently.

Her voice low, almost trembling, she murmurs two words:

"The dragon..."

She stares up at the narrow fall and expressionless cliff, hands still clasped to her face as though afraid it may fall off. She seems to have forgotten you and her Charmander altogether.


What will you do?
tau is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 06:06 AM   #1005
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Hello updatees! I'll try to have a rapid fire day of updates tomorrow since it'll be the last time I'll have free time for the next two weeks until my midterms are over. So reply as soon as you can tomorrow and I'll try to update it as quickly as possible.

Comet's Corner
Takeo: "I'll do you one better, I'll show you!" He says with a wide grin on his face, as you all then head towards his lab.

"Here we are." He says, as you reach a hill, with nothing but the ground and trees in sight. He bends down and starts to feel the ground, before mumbling to himself, "Here we go". The ground beneath you starts to tremble as a hole slowly appears on the ground as a round piece of earth moves to the side. As a light cover of dust disappears, a staircase leading underground appears, with lights suddenly shinning from inside the steps, revealing a metal coat around the passageway, "Follow me". The man in the white coat starts to walk down the stairs with the Swinub in his hands.

After walking down at least 2-3 flights down, you finally see a metal wall, which starts to feel like a dead end, until the man presses something on the door. A voice coming from the walls around you speaks loudly, "Welcome Dr. Richards!" the metal wall sliding open afterwards. He begins to walk inside with you following him, "Okay. This is our research facility," Dr. Richard starts, "I'm in charge of our virtual world division. We are currently developing a massive virtual world for everyone to take part in." The place you walk into seems to be a huge hall with people in white coats racing from side to side, and discussing things among themselves in small groups, he the walks into a white hallway, with various doors on the side, "We are currently in the early beta stages of testings. It is truly magnificent for now, but we need to start testing Pokémon battles within the virtual world. It currently doesn't have enough power for the machines to work interconnected over long distances, but we're working on that. Right now the only way they work successfully is with the crystals." He walks into a room, a glass capsule stands in the middle of the room, "Here we are. This is the virtual world simulator. Soon we will be able to hold Pokémon battles over great distances! You will be able to battle gym leaders and trainers across the world! In every field imaginable!" He seems really excited but calms down as he seems to remember something. "Right now we need to find more crystals, one for each person. Pokémon data is easier to translate into the virtual world, only when Pokémon are in their Pokéballs though. Otherwise they also require a crystal and capsule." He then turns to you, "So...feel free to ask any question, but would you like to take a test drive in this virtual world yourself? Oh yeah!" He directs your attention to a machine in the corner, "Feel free to put your Pokémon in that machine, it heals Pokémon after a minute. Just put the Pokéballs in the slots." The slots of the machine seem to be the perfect size to put up to six Pokéball at the time.

How will you respond?

"I'll do you one better," He said with a wide grin on his face, "I'll show you!"
With his friends tucked away safely, Hallow followed suit to the man's lab,

after a few minutes,

"Here we are." He said,
They stood on a hill with nothing but the ground and trees in sight. He bent down and started to feel the ground, before mumbling to himself, "Here we go".
The ground beneath them trembled as a hole slowly appeared on the ground, a round piece of earth moved to the side. A light covered in dust disappeared, and a staircase leading underground came into view, with lights suddenly shinning from inside the steps, revealing a metal coat around the passageway,
The man in the white coat started to walk down the stairs with the Swinub in his hands, waving over, "Follow me",

After walking down 3 flights down, they reached a metal wall, which looked to be a dead end, that was until the man pressed a scanner on the door.
A voice emerged from the wall some where and spoke loudly, "Welcome Dr. Richards!" the metal wall slid open allowing permission inside.
So that's his name,

Dr. Richard walked inside with Hallow following, "Okay. This is our research facility," Dr. Richard said, "I'm in charge of our virtual world division. We are currently developing a massive virtual world for everyone to take part in."

The place was buzzling with activity, the huge hall they had just entered to was like a mad house, people in white coats were racing from side to side, up and down discussing things among themselves in small groups, Dr. Richard walked into a white hallway, with various doors on the side, "We are currently in the early beta stages of testings." He explained, "It is truly magnificent for now, but we need to start testing Pokémon battles within the virtual world. It currently doesn't have enough power for the machines to work interconnected over long distances, but we're working on that. Right now the only way they work successfully is with the crystals." He proceeded into a room, with a glass capsule standing in the middle of the room, "Here we are. This is the virtual world simulator," He gestured, "Soon we will be able to hold Pokémon battles over great distances! You will be able to battle gym leaders and trainers across the world! In every field imaginable!"

Hallow smiled, he was happy to find someone to have found a line of work that brought them joy and could possibly change the world for the better, Hallow felt a bit jealous,

The Doctor suddenly remembered,
"Right now we need to find more crystals, one for each person. Pokémon data is easier to translate into the virtual world, only when Pokémon are in their Pokéballs though. Otherwise they also require a crystal and capsule." He then turned to Hallow, "So...feel free to ask any question, but would you like to take a test drive in this virtual world yourself? Oh yeah!" He directed Hallow's attention to a machine in the corner, "Feel free to put your Pokémon in that machine, it heals Pokémon after a minute. Just put the Pokéballs in the slots."

"I'd love to give it a try!," he said jumping for joy,
"But first...,"
He walked over to the machine and placed the pokeballs he had on him in their slots, with a press of a button on the computer next to it, the healing process began,
Hallow then returned his attention to the Docter,
"Dr. Richard, how did this all come to be?,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 03:51 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #1006
lilbluecorsola
Snek fam
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for time
Posts: 4,516
Spinda Time waits for no one.

Couple announcements. First off, welcoming tau and Treepandaone into my group. Hope you guys enjoy your Updates!

Also it looks like I'm going to be busy this school year, so expect maybe monthly Updates from now on. ^^; Apologies for the wait. x.X

Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – Deciding now is not the time to attempt Doldrum’s liberation, lest Jacob or his shadow detect and/or disapprove of the deception, you stealthily pocket the doll for present. Never mind negotiation – the thought barely even crossed your mind. Perhaps a part of you didn’t wish to destroy what little hope or innocence the boy still possessed. Given the darkness shrouding him, you’re still not quite sure how to deal with his situation. Death is certain, but the circumstances surrounding it are what detain you.

Thus, you seek to discover the answers by resolving Taryn’s request to meet behind the bird show. First, you must deposit Jacob somewhere safe though. Ignoring his curiosity to know what you selected, you steer him through the crowd, towards the benches in the back, and induce him to have a seat. Fortunately, the flocks of colors flying overhead fascinate fast, and you leave him wide-eyed on the resting with your teammates to guard him. Yet, you can still feel eyes from the shadows stalking you as you slip quietly through the stands. Its suspicion is enough to apparently make it take to the air, blending in seamlessly with the performers as it keeps a watch on all areas from above – including behind the set. Jacob claps with delight, unaware of either of your secret missions, not to mention mutual distrust. Sighing, you accept the unwanted supervision and duck solemnly behind the stage…

The woman in white is waiting there, as promised. She brightens to your approach.

“Hi, I hoped you’d come.” She smiles shyly as she tents her fingers before her face, seeming to want to set some things straight. “I guess I should start by apologizing for calling you out earlier. I never forget a face, see. So when I saw you, I remembered you were also at the Hero’s Festival in Fizzytopia. You were one of the volunteers, weren’t you? I know because I was part of the medical team who treated them. You might not have noticed me among the other nurses, I was working mostly with another young woman who injured her ankle. I advised her against going, but old Frosty scolded me…”

Her lips form an expression between a genuine frown and a playful pout. She then looks up as if just remembering your presence, locking eyes again. “Sorry, I tend to ramble a bit. Anyway, I was glad to see you were all right. Now that things are peaceful, I thought I’d invite you to play for fun. That’s all. Plus, you missed out on my game before, right? Left me for that catty Billy-May.” She shakes her finger and sticks out her tongue, indicating the lightness of her accusation.

She then softly lowers her hand, angling her gaze slightly around your side to confirm the absence of anyone else. Brushing some stray hair back behind her bun, she continues on to the subject you’ve both been anticipating and avoiding.

“After the last convoy left, I was called to help out at the hospital. The staff there was overworked. There were a bunch of kids who needed to be looked after, many of whom had lost their parents, either in the crowd or as a result of the destruction. That boy- his name is Jacob, right? He was one of them. His father was found earlier, pinned under a broken building. There was nothing we could do. I… I spoke to him before he passed though. Told me next week was ‘his boy’s birthday’. He wanted to take his kid to the Cloud Garden where his late wife grew up to see the Sky Fair, but they couldn’t afford the trip. So to celebrate early they came to the festival in Fizzytopia since entrance at least was free for all the residents… It was apparently his child’s first time being at anything close to a birthday party, even if it was hosted by someone else… But instead of having fun… That… Happened…”

She sighs, shoulders slacking. She then hands you an old, wrinkled photo, which describes a smiling man and woman, and holding hands between them: a smaller and slightly cleaner version of the boy you’ve been accompanying.

“His father gave me this right before he died. It’s how I was able to recognize Jacob at the hospital. When I told him about his dad – I had to let him know someone would be coming to take him to an orphanage eventually – he didn’t seem to react… I couldn’t console or keep an eye on him though, there were so many patients to tend to. Later, when child services arrived on the scene, he was nowhere to be found. I should’ve watched him more closely…”

She hangs her head, and you can tell years of harsh medical service (half-spent in places of perhaps even greater horror than what you both saw that day) haven’t hardened her sense of sympathy or self-reproach.

“I heard he died a week later, wandering around the Sky Gate just as they were setting up for the annual fair. How he crossed the desert by himself and made it to the Cloud Garden in that short span of time I have no idea. Nurse Joy found him, dehydrated and emaciated, and brought him to the Center after he fainted. But by then it was too late. She didn’t know where he came from and the police of course had no idea (plus they were probably preoccupied with more “important” matters than a poor lost boy) so she called my colleague Mike and me for advice. I had a feeling it was him, so I came as fast as I could to identify the body. When I told the story to our organization’s director, Mr. Luft, he offered to pay on behalf of the U.U.A. (when really it was out of his own pocket since the rest of our funds were devoted to helping the city’s restoration) to have him buried in Memory Lane, next to his mother. As it turns out, she had wealthy relatives here who agreed to airlift her ashes after she died, but they wanted nothing to do with her husband and son since she married into a lower class – literally, in these folks’ opinions. Some people…”

Taryn stops and takes a deep breath. “Sorry to unload all this information on you. I don’t know what the situation is, but I hope it at least helps in some way.”

How will you respond?


The Space Path

tau – The mobile mounts to the heavens, more menacing than if it led straight to hell. All its gleam and glitter belies a gloomy history. Those who had gone chasing rainbows at the end of gold in the past had never returned. Perhaps the same fate awaits the pair who stood before the path today, nervous but eager for the challenge. You’ve survived worse fare than this before. Still, as your feet contact the first step, you fear they may fall straight through the pellucid plane. The bridge holds firm though, and together you and Banzai ascend into space.

As you walk, the sky deepens from blue to black. Stars surround, welcome guides on your one-way journey to nowhere. Despite not knowing the destination, their support makes you feel safe and secure.

One of them outshines the others. It flashes, blinking brighter and wider. Then it falls, a pinprick cast from paradise. The little angel streaks downward, paper white wings trailing behind. A part of you worries it might miss the thin strip of mobile and travel all the way down to eternal torment. Following its trajectory however, it lands somewhere down the road, which shakes slightly upon impact. Surprisingly, it’s not enough to upset your balance. You consult Banzai, whose curiosity piques as much as yours. Simultaneously, the two of you take off at full speed to investigate.

You see smoke rising soon, much quicker than you had expected. The proximity puzzles you, especially given the lack of tremor felt earlier. As you draw close, you find the path pock-marked by a couple minor craters, almost microscopic. As if formed by minute pebbles striking the surface. Up ahead, you notice one larger than the others. Creeping closer, you peer into the smoldering pit to find a strange sight: a metal cylinder with a “P” painted on the side (“P” for Pocket Ship?), surrounded by a group of the smallest Spinda you’ve ever seen, stumbling chaotically as they try to coordinate after the crash. They’re barely larger than your thumb, and are all wearing colored spacesuits and helmets.

One of them looks up and sees you staring. Its eyes spin in surprise, and it reaches for something by its side. You watch curiously as it fumbles in fear, finally managing to point the ray gun at you. It’s unclear whether its unsteadiness stems from natural disorientation or the circumstances. Still, before you can react, it fires the weapon directly at your face. You feel a slight stab on your neck instead (so much for its aim, but considering the size of its target it was bound to hit). The world reels around you, and stars seem to flee from your sight, soaring even higher.

You hear a loud sound, and swerve around to confront a wall of white, blocking access back. Confused, you reach out to touch the foreign substance, which you find is composed of individual soft strands. Beneath the fibers, warmth emanates.

Suddenly, the mass starts to shift, and you reduce to your rear in astonishment. Gazing up, you can hardly believe your eyes. Banzai’s baffled expression examines you, his features enlarged many more times than normal. You’re about to ask the cliché question: “How did you get so big?” when you remember the pain in your vein. That’s right, you were the one hit by the beam. Which means…

Gulping, you turn slowly to discover yourself encircled by Spinda, now normal size compared to before (at least in your current perception). Numerous pairs of swirling eyes swim in your vision, making you grow dizzy. The leader steps forward – presumably the same one who shot previously, judging by what little you could tell of its facial pattern through the thick plastic bubble (and formerly indistinct stature). It fiddles a bit with the gun’s settings, which seem to be stuck somewhat, before raising it again at your forehead. “SPIN DA!” it chants, which you assume is a demand for an immediate explanation of your person and purpose, or else it’ll really blow your brains out this time. Difficult to tell whether it’s bluffing or not. Although considering this appears to be alien technology you’re dealing with, even if broken it could quite possibly vaporize your entire body anyway. You shudder, unsure which outcome would be worse.

How will you react?


The Rose Arch

DaisyInari – You accept the pair’s proposal with unbridled glee, ready to assist the bride and groom in whatever way possible. As you fuss over your unflattering appearance, Lily grins and assures you she knows the perfect stylist who’ll help fix you up. She takes your hand and starts to lead you and Sunny to one side of the path, abandoning the bewildered boys by the opposite border. You catch a glimpse of two vines creeping out from the hedge to capture the two and drag them kicking into the undergrowth, where presumably they’ll be prepped or perhaps probed in private. You smile with awkward amusement, hoping some intimacy (eau my) will help them to sort out their problems.

Meanwhile, moving in the direction of the arch – the only proper place to hold such a momentous service – you can’t help but feel fault for forgetting something. But fantabulousness- er, a favor to a newfound friend comes first, plus you haven’t forgiven Natu yet for that fear-filling fall stunt it pulled. Still, you can’t shake the sense of Natu’s song filling your mind, almost sounding stronger with each step…

However, you are soon distracted by finding yourself suddenly flung into the open arms of a Leavanny, whose warm foliage envelops as she smothers you against her blossom. According to Sunny, you’re “simply the most darling human child” Ms. Ivy’s ever seen. As she strokes your windswept hair though, she winces as she finds and shakes loose little leaves and pollen, which causes you to sneeze straight on her. You blush and fumble for a tissue to offer, but as soon as she sees the filthy wad she wrinkles her nose and politely declines, instead using a sheet from a nearby shrub. Lifting your chin, she shakes her head at your runny nose and red eyes, dabbing gently at your puffed cheeks with a fresh portion of a different plant. You feel some sort of film on the surface, fermenting heat. In addition, its sharp aroma stings a bit, but miraculously clears your sinuses. Soon you can see and smell seamlessly again, and you can only assume your looks have improved as well.

Lily nods in approval, and winks at Ivy, who absently waves her antenna as she scrutinizes the rest of her subject, staring at the clashing clothing colors with a sigh. Lily coughs quietly, and mildly mentions her upcoming marriage. Almost as if realizing the true star’s presence for the first time, Ivy swerves around in surprise. She looks shocked, perhaps hesitant for a moment. Then she smiles and hastens to hug her friend, covering her with congratulatory kisses. Clapping twice, a Bellossom and Whimsicott abruptly appear by her side. She appoints the two to take care of Lily and Sunshine for now, promising she’ll be with them herself in a moment. However, she simply must do something about your hair first. Lily smiles as she follows Bellossom behind a bush while Whimsicott shoos Sunshine around a wall of woods, leaving you in Leavanny’s capable hands – or leaves, rather.

Ivy clucks as she appraises your head again, and sets to work plucking, pulling, and pruning to perfection. She snips feverishly but with finesse and flair, not to mention the finest shears that would make any gardener green with envy. As soon as she finishes with an air of satisfaction, her assistants sprout again, this time apparently equipped with measurements. Ivy nods and accepts them, then uses her own limbs to assess your altitude and breadth. You giggle as the green tickles your skin, squirming so much the other two are forced to help hold you still.

Once your intimate information is gathered, the group retreats into the trees, and you wait patiently to see what will happen. They soon return, arms inflated with an abundance of plant materials. Laying them all down, Ivy carefully harvests the prettiest specimens from the pile and weaves a beautiful wedding dress before your eyes, lined with perfect white lilies and goldenrod trim. For a veil, she spins her own silk into a shroud, soft and ethereal. She allows you to touch the slight substance, reminding you of the down beneath a baby bird’s wing, but at the same time wavy as water, before handing both garments to Bellossom to deliver to the bride.

For Sunshine, she selects a simple sunflower pattern. (You wonder if, given the garden’s seemingly static climate state, every species of flower blooms out of season here.) No tattoos or tail extensions, just all-natural green mixed with earthy browns and bright yellows. Whimsicott whisks the outfit away to swathe Swablu, and finally it’s your turn.

Ivy makes you a masterpiece to match the others, blending a buttercup blouse with fluttery, feather-like frills on the bottom. The soft skirt is formed from pale petals, partly pellucid. A few colorful blossom sequins and berry beads hem the edges, stitched with slight but strong silk. Binding both top and base around your small belly is her namesake: a lace belt of vines wrapped in a beautiful Butterfree bow in the back. Something seems to be lacking though… In a flash of inspiration, she fetches some fresh daisies from a wild patch nearby and fashions a crown to festoon your hair. Stepping back to admire her work, she smiles and nods approvingly, holding up an orb of dew for you to see your reflection.

Ivy then gives you another affectionate embrace, a gesture meant to assure you’ll do great. Whimsicott and Bellossom return at this point, carrying a grass basket overflowing with vibrant flowers. They hand it over to you and usher towards the path, indicating the ceremony is about to begin. Ivy waves good luck before retreating to the other two’s dressing rooms, in order to attend to any final fixes personally. Before you can register the brisk beating of your heart, you’re striding down the aisle strewing petals from side to side. A crowd of Grass Pokémon has gathered, drawn by Bellossom’s SWEET SCENT as the bridesmaids walk ahead of you. A blush rises to your cheeks as you feel all eyes on the only human girl in the procession and your pace stiffens, but the tenderness of Leavanny’s touch remains in mind, and you hold your head up high. Feet even start to skip slightly.

Approaching the Arch, you spot Rose and Victor already at the altar, also decked out in formal floral wear. Two twin Servine stand off to the side, apparently resisting the urge to fuss over Victor’s drooping boutionniere. Only his menacing glare keeps them at bay. Meanwhile, Rose’s resolve appears to be wilting rapidly as well. He shuffles nervously on frozen roots until it looks like he’s about to make a break for it. Victor grabs the groom’s ankle though, making sure he stays put. Though still bitter about being best man to such a wimp, Victor seems to relish this part of his duty as he slaps sense repeatedly into Rose, telling the one who proposed in the first place he’d better take responsibility for Lily or else. If he breaks her heart, Victor won’t forgive him. Even after Rose nods meekly, Victor continues to punish the poor plant, and the Servine are forced to step in and separate the two. You sigh and shake your head, smiling slightly. Perhaps this type of relationship between them is for the best, as Rose appears to take the admonishment to heart and remains standing straight and firm at his spot, wearing bruises but more confidence than before.

As you conveniently empty the container and join the bridesmaids under the Arch, you hear a familiar voice singing “Here Comes the Bride” from behind, and all attention turns to the back. The bride makes her grand entrance, the gown you saw before even more stunning on her than by itself. Rose is struck dumb, and even Victor seems taken aback by how much the clothes complement his cousin’s beauty. Behind her, Sunshine holds the train and hums proudly in her best pitch. (Is it just you, or is there an echo somewhere?) To the side, you can spot Ivy sneaking and squeezing into a reserved seat up front, not wanting to miss her work’s debut best friend’s happiest moment. You notice her pull out a leaf and dab at her eyes as the bride passes by to a chorus of “Oohs” and “Aahs”.

Lily advances to the altar, passing her bouquet to Sunshine before smiling and taking Rose’s own outstretched arrangement. Together, they kneel down before a Parasect as it delivers the vows. Strangely, it sprinkles some soil and drops of water over the couple’s heads before telling them to rise and face towards the sun. Sunny whispers to you that this meant to represent the trinity of Mother Nature, which all plants need to survive. Now that they’ve promised to share all resources from now on, may She bless their matrimony with plenty of food, water, and sun. Upon standing, they exchange corsages instead of rings, personally pinning their own respective signatures on the other partner. Rose fumbles with the process a bit, and Victor rolls his eyes while Lily waits patiently.

Finally, to complete the communion, they must both drink from the same bowl, carefully crafted from leaves and mud. The water has been left out to absorb the light, and to it they each add a petal, a piece of themselves. They take small sips in turn, and the Pareacher addresses the congregation, asking if anyone who knew a reason the two should not be wed to speak now, or forever hold their peas. Lily shoots Victor a scathing look before he can even open his mouth, and you suppress a giggle. …Strangely, to your left, the corner of your eye senses Ivy crumpling her leaf with a sigh. Still, there is silence.

Without protest, the Pareacher pronounces the two Stamen and Pistil, and they seal the bond with a kiss as the water dribbles down to their roots. The audience erupts into cheers, and takes the role of showering the couple with dust and roses rather than rice. Tears stream down your face as you grab Sunny’s wings and blow your nose into the cotton, much to her disgust.

Lily turns to your sobbing self and smiles. Detaching a Gold Leaf from her garland, she lightly presses it into your palm to thank you for helping make this possible. After somewhat successfully shaking some snot off, Sunshine hands the bouquet back to the bride, and you perk up in anticipation of the next step, stepping back to prepare. Lily tosses the bunch high over her shoulders, and the crowd surges forward to try and catch it. Despite your tiny stature, you still manage to tower over most Pokémon to avoid being trampled, though their many roots and vines threaten to trip. Remaining focused on the prize, your eyes follow the flowers faithfully as they fly towards the sun, the bright background forming a blinding halo…

The watchers wait with bated breath. But the bouquet never comes back down. In a blink, it seems to have vanished. Everyone glances about in confusion, some even peering into the bushes in case it fell off course. Lily shrugs, assuring all there’ll be plenty of flowers at the reception. She and Rose step forward to lead the way, and aside from the truly desperate/determined, the rest eagerly tag along for free food and fun. Curiously, among the lingerers is Leavanny, who listlessly picks up a rose and begins to slowly strip it down to the stem…

Again, you feel a peculiar prick at the back of your mind. The party has passed, but the music marches on – at least in your mind. In fact, it continues to crescendo even as the band rounds the bend. The song seems to be coming from just above the Arch...

Do you chase after the parade? Or perhaps stay and talk to Ivy/check the source of the sound?


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter¤Link to Your Last Update¤

Flame Mistress¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Cloud Forest

Charminions – Surprised by the girl’s sudden turn of grace, you decide to relax and return the favor by extending a civil introduction. She wrinkles her nose upon hearing your handle.

“Charm? What a weird name.” She laughs, and you fight the urge to simply grab the basket and dump all the flowers over her head. But then she grins and proudly sticks out her hand, the first show of friendliness she’s made all day. Considering all the times you’ve attempted to make contact before have resulted in pain, you’re admittedly loathe to accept the gesture, fearing she’ll find something to punish you for if you so much as come within a foot. Seeing as she’s initiated the engagement herself this time though, you figure it can’t hurt to try, and gently clasp the porcelain palm.

“Nice to meet you, mister Charm. My name’s Amanda. Amanda Banks.”

Ignoring the arrogance in her tone, you manage a smile at the prospect of finally making some polite progress with this ill-mannered child. However, the smile soon fades when you hear Combee’s wheezing. Ordering your two Pokémon to keep a close watch on the girl (despite her clear discomfort being around them) to make sure she doesn’t assault the bug again, you run over with a Potion in hand to try and sustain the creature’s life until you can get it to a Center. The Combee coughs and shudders as you spray the the liquid on its injuries. While the color appears to improve, its figure still remains horribly distorted. At least it’s breathing easier though, enough that you feel you can safely collect and comfort it, still remaining careful of the stinger.

When you bring it back to the group, Amanda glares distastefully at the Combee despite its condition, but you shoot her such a look of snow she immediately backs down. Leaving her to deal with the fact Apollo and Osage are leering over her every move, you start to lead the way back to the Sky Gate, hoping the real Nurse Joy will know what to do. Luckily, you don’t run into the swarm again on the way, mostly thanks to your Pokémon’s precise memory and tracking senses.

As soon as you step outside the forest, however, you are accosted by a strange man, who abruptly rushes past you and grabs the girl by the shoulders. While a part of you secretly hopes to see a real pervert face surprise fists of fury for once, you feel some pity and quickly step forward to save one – or the other. For some reason, Amanda doesn’t seem to resist, so Apollo and Osage raise their respective claws to deal the deviant a double-blow. Although for a degenerate, his attire appears rather formal…

Before you can presage or protest, the man not only manages to skillfully dodge and punch both your Pokémon with pristinely gloved hands, but turns around and lands an elegant blow to your visage. That makes what, the fourth time today? Compared to a small child, the fist of a full grown man packs enough force to send you flying. (Luckily you land on your back so as to avoid crushing Combee again.) You vaguely register the sight of blood on his white knuckles, which he casually cleans off with a kerchief before tucking it back in his front pocket. He then turns to Amanda and addresses her hand like a gentleman.

“Are you all right, milady? You mustn’t wander off like that. Your father was terribly worried! Come, let’s go home now. Lillian will make sure the authorities arrive to apprehend this atrocious attempted kidnapper, as well as his accomplices.”

The person who you presume to be a butler starts to escort her off, although she lingers and looks back at you awkwardly as if debating something. You try to rise, but at that moment a high heel descends dangerously close to your head. Angling your view past stockings and frills, you find a feather duster threatening your throat, and behind it the smiling face of a maid – perhaps the most frightening (and finest, if you do say so yourself) image you’ve ever seen in your life.

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden

Talon87 & dosuser¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Both of you approach the brats, ready to protect the poor Pokémon with your own. Morg immediately insinuates herself between the pair, trying her best to keep them at bay but clearly lacking confidence. Meanwhile, Enchantress flops frantically in the shallows, eager to give the little punks a piece of her mind but achieving nothing more than comic flailing, much like her trainer. The boy and girl stare at the splashing fish, then burst out laughing as the implication of the strange older woman’s threat sinks in.

“You’re gonna fight us with that thing? Yeah, sure, we’ll take you on.” The boy sneers.

“I dunno, two on one seems kinda unfair, especially against such a tiny fishy. We might make it into sushi.” The girl giggles, her tone suggesting she’s not terribly opposed to the idea. As soon as she finishes saying this, the Wooper accidentally rubs against her skin and sends her into hysterics again, raising her foot despite Morg’s presence and trying to stomp the slimy thing herself.

At this moment, Cyrus and his Chikorita arrive on the scene, and Morg throws a pleading look to the stranger for help, hoping he would be sympathetic to her- er, the Wooper’s plight. Wooper whimpers as it gazes between Morg and Cyrus, the latter heroically reaching out to try and put a stop to the girl’s frenzied footwork before the victim gets squashed.

“What, you got a problem too, buddy?” The boy addresses Cyrus insolently. “Perfect timing then. Want to join us for a double battle? Playing ball was getting boring anyway.”

So much for trying to get the two to return to their game. Cyrus sighs as he turns to the other person who physically stepped in, an impulsive action which perhaps already ruined their chances of settling things peacefully… And does a double-take when he realizes she’s sporting a sexy maid outfit. The children are aware of it too, and turn their taunts directly towards Morg.

“What are you anyway, some kind of crazy cosplayer?” The girl hides her obvious envy of the lady’s looks behind disgust. “Don’t tell me you’re actually a maid? Shouldn’t you be indoors cleaning then? Ooh, are you gonna beat us with a featherduster~?”

“Dude, shut up, she’s hot.” The boy has suddenly become distracted by a certain noticeable “area” around Morg’s chest.

“Hey, stop staring at her boobs!”

“At least she has them,” he snaps back bluntly, albeit appropriately, at his sister. Ooooh, burn. Grinning boldly, he nonchalantly starts to lift the side of Morg’s skirt to take a peek at what lies underneath, eliciting a yelp of surprise and further floundering as she turns dazedly desperately to Cyrus, begging for a strong man to save her from punching the little pervert. For a moment, Cyrus’s male mind believes he saw the hint of a blush and beautiful tears – albeit it’s a bit hard to tell since Celes has quickly covered her trainer’s eyes with her vines. Enchantress thrashes wildly with rage, but being unable to come up on shore there’s nothing she can do to defend the “damsel in distress”.

How will you react?


Rock Garden

blazeVANote: While I admire the creative liberties you take and they’re amusing to read, I should warn you they sometimes encroach on self-Updating territory. If you have questions as to what’s appropriate or “canon” so to speak when writing, feel free to clarify with me.

You agree readily to the proposal, and release a fluffy brown rabbit for backup. The sight of a bland but adorable bunny seems to only stimulate the band’s doubt. Bill chortles uproariously, Charlie smothers another snigger, and even Ian’s ‘stache twitches slightly of amusement.

“Did you hear what he called it?” Bill hoots. “Kid, you and your little ‘Lemon Drop’ better run on home now. Ain’t no way you’ll be able to win against the leader, let alone match up to the Heaven’s Devils. Heck, I bet you couldn’t even beat one of those flaming forest fairies!”

He roars with laughter, resorting to stomping his feet so hard the supposedly sedate stage shudders with him, despite the base being reinforced by bedrock. Charlie tips and rolls on his back, but is too busy clutching his stomach in an attempt to contain his giggles to care.

Ian coughs to clear his throat. “He’s right, you know. Those pixies- er, protestors might be pansies, but they’ve at least got strength in numbers. When you said you had a strong partner I had assumed you meant someone… Well, ‘larger’, for lack of a better word. It doesn’t look to me like you’d stand a chance against them or our leader, even with both of you fighting.”

Despite the warning, neither you nor your Pokémon appear to back down. Sighing, Ian shakes his head.

“But, I suppose a deal’s a deal. Why don’t you go see the leader, while we meet with the Heaven’s Devils to make arrangements.” He then whispers aside to Bill behind his moustache, which Marche somehow manages to lip-read back to you: “Mind, I may be willing to agree with you now we’ll need more than just two.”

Ignoring the barely concealed lack of confidence, you commit to the bid to bring back the leader, out stone cold if you have to. Charlie scuttles off the stage to merge with your party, apologizing for his earlier episode. He winces as he’s met with snowy glares and Marche’s unforgiving fist, stopping just short of the bug’s nose. Shamed, he scurries ahead to keep pace with Keith, who has already initiated the lead. As you track the two shadows in silence, you ponder briefly what the previous mention of Keith not being an “official member” was about, when he’s observably in close contact with the band and appears to know the best route between rocks.

They conduct the path to a grand opening, into darkness. You peer cautiously into the access, where gloom grows and expands, filling your heart. Charlie shies from the entrance, mumbling that perhaps they shouldn’t disturb the leader and go home. Instead, Keith boldly struts up and sends a stony diplomat deep into the den, resulting in a quiet *clink*. A low growl rumbles, revving to max until a high volume stumbles out from the hole, surpassing your stature. Blue boulders stack high on each other, a moving mass of mountain itself. Ruby spikes align along all sides, shielding and shining in the sun. Eyes appear bloodshot, almost as red as the reflector panels. Some dark stain drips below. Berry juice, perhaps?

The groggy Gigalith roars and suddenly SLAMs a HEAVY foot in your group’s direction, sending the five of you scattering. The impact barely misses Lemon Drop, who leaps nimbly out of the way. Charlie isn’t so lucky however, having only time to squeak and retreat inside his armor before the giant sole lands squarely on top. There’s a horrible grinding sound of metal on rock, yet when the weight lifts, you see the shell surprisingly remains intact. (Seriously, what is that thing made of?) However, there’s no sign of life from within, so you are certain the Dwebble must have checked out already, if not simply chickened out.

With one guide gone, you glance to Keith for confirmation that this monster is really the guy you’re looking for. He nods. You gulp. Seems the leader seriously doesn’t appreciate being disturbed in his home. …Or maybe the drugs are affecting his judgment, since he now appears to be having a row with one of the nearby rock formations. With an insistent bellow, he lurches unevenly forward, HEADBUTTing the opponent into smithereens. He then turns around and notices you, appearing confused for a moment. Unfortunately, his expression then registers as, “You got a problem too, buddy? BRING IT ON.”

He lunges. What do you do?

RoseradeX¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You close your eyes, letting darkness claim you. No, you are the one in control. You will beat this terrible beating, both of heart and of wings.

You command Vine to do the same, to listen. She tracks the parting of air, waiting for WINGs to draw close to ATTACK as she primes her tail in preparation…

SMACK!

You hear a horrible crack, followed by a screech. Your blood starts to pump again, but this time it is not from fear, but thrill. A smile creeps onto your face, a bit of brightness in the gloom. Light but dark. Though arbitrary, the glow seems to react to the affect, dancing in your direction. You freeze for a moment, caught red-faced in a headlight, illuminating the inappropriate display. You boldly bear the beam though, and brilliance reflects in it. Though still dim, it is enough to see by, so you open your eyes. No sense to deprive senses now, especially when you can use all the advantages afforded to you.

You suddenly notice Surskit is no longer by your side. Glancing in alarm, you find it has climbed onto a nearby rock. It seems to be swaying somewhat, own eyes still shut. Listening to the beat. Whose? It lifts its leg, and starts to conduct the currents, only with wind instead of water this time. Just by the sound, it can almost predict Zubat’s movements before it makes them, even when it ducks into the shadows. As if it were merely a puppet controlled by threads. A silent string instrument.

After receiving the first counter, Zubat has risen out of range, trying a more remote tactic. Surskit whispers a word to Vine, and she nods. She starts to clamber up on another high boulder, and you notice her shoulder appears injured, probably from the previous collision. So she did not escape unscathed. …The smile fades slightly.

Vine waits in position for Surskit’s cue, then makes a wild leap. For a brief beat you fear her estimate is off, but at the same time Zubat starts to dive, and Vine’s augmented attack contacts squarely with its back. It shrieks in pain, and your exhilaration flares again. A thump stimulates your chest, even stronger than before. Surskit startles and stares at you. Had it heard? To its strangely sensitive and perhaps selective hearing, Vine’s impact was probably nothing compared to the pounding beneath your sternum right now.

Meanwhile, Zubat flaps about in a panic, while Vine clings on for dear life, nearly running into several stalactites. Her steed suddenly twists around and sinks its POISONous FANGs into the rider, forcing her to scream and release. You run forward to catch her as she falls, stumbling blindly over stones. Still, she manages to slide safely onto your sleeves, and you clutch close to check her condition. To your horror, the venom appears to have already seeped deep into Vine’s veins.

*Treecko has been POISONed*

What will you do now?


The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – Inscribed on the grassy knoll is a boy named “Matthew Brown”… And that’s about all you know. Despite surrounding the self with various knick-knacks and knowledge you’ve ostensibly accumulated over the years, you feel a strange lack of appreciation for them. After recently returning home to find changes in not only the places and people, but to yourself and your Pokémon, there was understandably disconnect. Why, for instance, are there such drastic differences in the current team roster you don’t even remember accounting, let alone the reason for?

During those dark, first few nights spent at the Fizzy Bubbles Bar, you’ve scoured your soul – supposedly the source behind the decision to release so many friends at once – in hopes of making some sense of it (or perhaps you were just seeking your own escape from regret). But memories seem to mean little when so much information is missing. “The past is only the future with the lights on,” the band played as you slowly drowned yourself in alcohol, but what if most of those lights are turned off? If anything the beer probably blotted out even more brightness from your mind.

You sigh as you painstakingly mark all the places where you’ve been on your map, cross-referencing against the pile of souvenirs and your Pokédex – evidence of experience, at the very least. It seems you’ve come so far, only to arrive back at the start. Your new squad consists of mostly amateurs, mere shadows of the strength you once shared with your comrades. Yet, these greenhorns glow with great promise, and so too do you. You realize this is now a chance for new beginnings, to rediscover your roots. The ship may have sailed with your old sailors on it, but in their wake are fresh faces ready to earn their sea legs.

A pair of those little legs walks over the page you were reading, crumpling it like the leaves that have already started to drain and depart the trees, carried by the brisk autumn breeze on their own journey. The gust excites your hair as you quickly catch the paper before it can fly off (no thanks to the shifted stoppers), carefully smoothing the wrinkles. Yet, your eyes are drawn to the spiderlines, tracing to an intersection that lies well within the radius of a circle, a broad destination already drafted. The lines look to the center, to letters that spell “The Forbidden Garden”. Your heart hesitates - not from fear, but anticipation. Time may be a mystery, but you’re not about to let its passage get the best of you. Besides, here might even hold the answers that you seek. The winds of change are blowing, but you’re willing to welcome them with gusto.

Darkness dawns on your face. You groan as you pry another young Pokémon from your personal space, leaving the surface pock-marked. Still, you smile as you gather your treasures – not referring to the litter on the ground, but rather the two troublesome babies. The three of you set off in the direction of the door that could not even be broken down by the might of Machamp. Perhaps such a small offering, then, will be a surprise asset. If not… You confirm the two balls on your belt, where back-up waits – the only ones who have stayed by your side on the shore.

As you walk, the sky deepens to indigo, and eventually to violet, where the color strangely seems to stay. The path grows old, choked by brown weeds and moss. Evidentally few have traversed this mobile since news circulated – and settled – that surpassing the dead end was impossible. Yet, to your surprise, you notice a new set of footprints in the patches of earth besides your own. Someone has been here before you.

Whilst you muse who might’ve had the same idea to try their luck at this late stage, the gate looms into view on the violet horizon. On your way to the wall, you pass by what you observe to be the remains of a chimney on the side of the road. A broken column of chipped brick, stripped of both paint and pride, sits barely above your height, casting its long and lonely shadow onto the grass. Scraps of wood and mortar scatter the ground, suggesting a building once belonged here. The stones angle to the northwest, where the land slopes gradually. Beyond the field in the distance, you can spot a large tree sitting atop a hill. Like the forest to the south, its foliage is flush with red, orange, and gold.

Passing the chimney, you stop short suddenly. For a moment, you thought you sensed movement. Checking the perimeter again, you find nothing. No one. Though upon closer inspection of the chimney stack, you notice it appears to show greater signs of wear on the side, almost as if something had scratched at it. The ground beneath also seems recently disturbed somehow, with patches of grass missing. No presence of life though. Whatever had been here has apparently moved on. Shaking your head, you simply attribute the perceived sight of someone to shadow’s shifting slant in the afternoon sun. Still, there is something that cannot be explained: the smell of smoke, mixed with delicious baked gingerbread.

The strong scent of smoke and pine follows you, clinging to your clothes as you continue north towards the wall. Upon approaching the heavy gate, it seems to hum with energy at your arrival. The door, immense anywhere else, is nothing compared to the wall itself. Grey blocks file in uniform, stretching high and to each side as far as the eye can see. Vines creep along its length, further sealing the entryway. For a garden, it appears to have gone untended for years.

Seven holes line across the dark wood, awaiting fulfillment. (Despite the age, the hollows have hardly knotted. In fact, the planks themselves appear almost pristine, as if preserved somehow.) The keys themselves are, of course, nowhere to be found.

Cold air brushes your cheek, and you shiver, wrapping Togepi tight in your jacket and securing Omanyte on your shoulder, no longer minding if he seeks the intimacy of close skin contact. Where in the world did this chill come from? The air was cool before, but nowhere near such biting arctic. Summer only just ended a little while ago, it’s far too early for frost. Again, you find yourself breathing a deep whiff of winter, but warmer: this time, it’s chestnuts roasting over an open flame. The wind is coming from the west, where the tree’s fiery branches wave.

Will you go investigate?


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Before addressing the Golduck’s challenge, you pull out a pointed pill and pop it into Larry’s jaw, perfecting his health (or at least half) again. You then release two more of your Pokémon: dragon and centipede, a divergent pair. You appoint Nahkrinn to join Larry and Boing on the ice, while commanding Silane to side with the rink’s line. Turning to Boing, you ask him to translate your conditions to the leader, who listens intently for a moment before nodding with smug approval. It also raises a flipper and quacks twice, which Boing communicates back to you. Apparently it also wants to add that attacks, and subsequently substitutions, are allowed. You gulp as you realize the implication of the last stipulation, which means that basically any form of foul is permitted, even if it results in fainting. …Well, you suppose it wouldn’t rightly be a hockey game unless it included fighting. The Golduck grins as you grudgingly accept.

Jerking its thumb, it fires three of its cronies off the field, leaving the same number behind. It also barks for them to bring the battered puck, which they bowl unceremoniously at your feet as if they were pins. You have no choice but to quickly catch him with your heel like a kickball. Sighing as you ignore the mocking claps and cackles, you bend down to check on Neptune, tapping lightly on his turtle top before peering into the hole. No response. It’s a bit hard to discern his expression through the darkness, but sure enough, he seems to have blacked out from all the spinning. You slip the second Revive into his shell, and soon the swirls vanish from his eyes.

He pops his head out and gazes at the surroundings blearily. You shortly explain the situation, pointing to poor Ducklett to stress the stakes and importance of this sacrifice. Neptune nods and bravely salutes, WITHDRAWing immediately back into his shell. He hides deep within, heightening his defenses this time with the prior knowledge that things could get bumpy.

Pre-game pep talk complete, your team breaks, pumped to beat the other and reclaim its dignity (oh, and rescue Ducklett, of course). The Pokémon progress to take their places on the ice, although as soon as they encounter the slippery substance much of their hotheaded bravado melts – or rather freezes – as they blunder about. Larry especially appears to have difficulty coordinating all four of his little legs at once, crissing and crossing as he bumps accidentally bumps into Nahkrinn, causing a chain reaction as she then collapses on top of Boing, who squeals as he’s squished against the surface. The Golduck laugh uproariously, and you facepalm as a few curious fishes swim up to investigate the peculiar pile blocking the sun above their home. Perhaps this wasn’t such a good idea after all.

Eventually the group manages to sort themselves however, and grow sufficiently adjusted to the feeling of skating, even if they don’t quite grasp the finer points of the sport. They might not be able to make beautiful figure eights, but they can at least figure out how to get where they want to go. Nahkrinn and Larry shuffle forward to the center, while Boing bounces back towards the goal, careful to keep completely upright on each rebound. Even when standing still, any slight tilt in axis could cause his balance to slide.

Meanwhile, you and the Golduck leader remain on the edge, both of the rink and your proverbial seats. Clearly your roles are to act as coaches. One of the benched Golduck grabs Neptune before you can react and glides gracefully out to the center, inscribing a circle around Nahkrinn and Larry to show off its skills in comparison, much to their annoyance. The leader smiles at the display but snaps its fingers to get on with it, and the underling obliges, positioning the puck directly between the two teams. The leader turns to you, waiting for your confirmation and perhaps announcement of tactical tips before putting it into play. For all its abrasiveness, it certainly seems to want to host a fair match.

What will your strategy be?


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.”
– H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature


Fret frantically. Fear for fossil fate flows. Fumbling, filch finery. File follows:

February 18, 2006

I was chasing two Pokémon through a field of flowers. They seemed similar, though their colors differed slightly. They scampered off so quickly that I had some trouble keeping up. We came to a cluster of rocks divided by a creek. The two clambered on top of the stones, turning to look back at me for the first time since we’d started running. I noticed they looked like mice; Plusle and Minun. They turned their gaze back towards what lay beyond the rocks, and leapt from their perch, vanishing from sight. I climbed up after them, and found myself standing above a crashing waterfall. Scanning the earth, I managed to spot those two at the bottom. To the side, not far below, I noticed a group of trees whose gigantic leaves were dipping a little. I came to the conclusion that those two had used the leaves as springboards to aid them safely to the bottom.

They called to me over the din of the churning waters, and I realized I would have to follow suit if I was to get down as quick as they did. I took a flying leap, though in the back of my mind I was certain the leaves could never hold my weight. To my surprise however, I found myself rising in the air again, and managed to safely bounce my way down using the leaves. Those two quickly gathered around me, tugging at my hands and legs to get me going, apparently too impatient to let me bounce around all day. I smiled and apologized, and they started off again with me in pursuit. They seemed to be headed towards a large cave entrance carved into the rock face. Mist from the water’s spray filled the air. I turned to see if my eyes could follow the creek to where it led, but the foliage made it too difficult to see. All around me were giant trees, their trunks wrapped with thick, thorny vines so they formed an enclosing wall around the lagoon. Beautiful tropical red flowers blossomed everywhere. Such beauty was breathtaking, I wanted to remain here forever.

Unfortunately, I realized I had kept my companions waiting, and ran after them into the cave. There was only a single path, so I followed it to the end, gazing at the stalactites and stalagmites formed over the years. Eventually, there appeared light before me, and I hastened forward to find those two waiting for me in a large area of the cavern. Oddly enough, the room was lit by lamps powered with pulsing electrical orbs. Small holes in the rock seemed to indicate burrows and tunnels. I was in awe. This place must’ve been a Plusle and Minun colony!

Once I realized this, I also noticed that there were no other electric mice to be seen. I looked towards my two companions, who appeared saddened by this fact. To my surprise though, they started to glow, their eyes flashing red in what was most likely anger. Those two… They seemed so angry. How will I be able to help them now?


Flip front, find further font. First folio’s fashion felt finer, fluid. Final feels fast-paced, frenzied. Flaky.

Mission failed. Whoever reads this, you must fulfill the quest in my place. The man who gave me this dreamcatcher said that it came from Intado’s Village in Fizzytopia. According to them, the stars foretold disaster. If the creature is woken, then we are all doomed…

Unfortunately, I’m running out of time. First go to the forest. Talk to K. Find the letters. Take them to J.


Finally, fading:

Don’t trust what you see. Not all is as it seems.

“Fool.”

Freak, flail. Face floor. Fat frog flabbergasts.

Feedback?

Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 09-30-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: One of these days I will get it right the first time...
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #1007
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
(The style doesn't matter much to me, so feel free to reply like that) Jamie takes a look at Pixie, who seems to be doing much better now, although still looks quite tired. "Yeah, I guess you are right..." she says, bending down to scoop up the Vulpix in her arms.

After walking for over 15 minutes, you finally reach the center. "Welcome to the Pokémon Center! We can fully restore the health of your Pokémon!" the nurse says with a chipper tone, smiling widely. "Can you please heal Pixie?" Jamie pushes Pixie over the desk, looking slightly anxious, to which the nurse responds, "Certainly sweetheart!" "Don't you also have Pokémon that need to be healed?" Jamie asks you, to which you respond by handing over the Pokéballs in your possession. "It will only take ten minutes! Feel free to explore the center while you wait!" The nurse quickly starts to type furiously in the computer as a Chansey takes the Pokéballs and Vulpix.

As soon as you turn from the desk, an old guy in an old school cowboy suit enters the Pokémon Center. He takes a look around the center, with a grin on his face, that is until he notices the little girl next to you, he stops for a second and does a double take, looking confused. "Let's go sit down!" Jamie says to you, skipping happily as she makes her way over to the couches, jumping on the couch with all her weight, giggling as the couch almost absorbs her, "Hahaha, it's so nice and soft!" You quickly follow her to the couch, since it seems like there is pretty much nothing else in the Center, except for a few trainers in the opposite couch of Jamie's, completely in their own little world. As you make your way over to Jamie, you notice the man is still looking at Jamie, coldness filling his eyes, but he stops staring as he walks over to the nurse's desk.

The wait for the Pokémon to be healed seems endless after 15 minutes, and with nothing but magazines in front of you, you have nothing else to do but to read "10 ways to become the worlds greatest Pokémon Trainer!" in the PokéTimes magazine, that is until someone walks in from of you and Jamie. "What are you doing here?" the man in the cowboy outfit asks gruffly, looking directly at Jamie, to which she responds with a startled, "What?" "Your kind isn't welcome here! Leave now!" The man says forcefully, pointing her towards the door. The little girls seems confused, on the verge of tears, unable to respond as the man barks at her...

How will you respond?

I reluctantly passed over the pokéballs to Nurse Joy. I felt unsafe without them by my side, with no way to defend myself from any sort of danger. “It will only take ten minutes! Feel free to explore the center while you wait!” The nurse said in their usually happy tone, and she handed the pokéballs and Pixie to the Chansey. Jamie ran off, and I followed her away from the desk to a comfy couch next to one of the walls. She jumped onto the couch, and I sat down next to her. I started looking around at all of the people at the Center. It was interesting, to say the least, to watch what people did. This also gave me something to do other than sit there and do nothing. Sadly, the people weren’t all that interesting, besides an elderly man who looked absolutely ridiculous in full on cowboy get-up. The most interesting part was that he was glaring at Jamie. He stopped when he passed his own pokéballs to Joy, so I pushed it away from my mind for now. I picked up a magazine and read false information for a bit, and I continued to glance around- and in front of me was the cowboy.

“What are you doing here!” the man yells, and once again he was looking at Jamie. Jamie looked up at the man, and uttered a surprised “What?” The man started yelling again at Jamie. “Your kind isn’t welcome here! Leave now!” Jamie looked scared, and I couldn’t blame her. The man had a surprisingly loud voice for someone at his age.

“Leave her alone.” I said, standing up from the couch. “I don’t know what you mean by ‘your kind’, but she’s a trainer like us, and all trainers are welcome here.” I didn’t know what I was doing, and chances are that I was going to get hurt, but I curled my hand into a fist. Well done, James. You had to choose the hero approach.
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #1008
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Fountain Garden

OkikuMew


The trainer laughed once, bitterly. "You've got spirit, kid, but you're entirely off target." His voice seemed different, slightly. This was not the arrogant boasting of a petty criminal, not the nervous rambling of a cornered thug, but instead something almost akin to wistfulness. "Mommy and daddy buy you that mutt for a birthday? Bet they did. You've never starved, have you? Been homeless, had to steal to get by? What happens here, what happens now, is a link in the chain that will make this world..." He trails off, his eyes glinting dangerously as his voice rose, his obvious and unmistakable passion of belief swelling. "It doesn't matter. You're just like everyone else around here- blind and ignorant."

He turns back to the combat, now addressing his Pokemon- "Astonish one more time, then try another leech life!" he shouted, having completely missed your subtle hint to Rawk. The Starly kept his eyes on the man in black, and even took to the air once more to circle the makeshift arena, trying to see if he could approach the caged Staryu.

Max leaps towards the Zubat once more, but this time the Zubat is quicker on the draw- it's Astonish attack strikes home, knocking Max back, but this time it's not powerful enough to make the Poochyena flinch. Max counters by kicking up still more sand- even if Zubat doesn't have eyes, it's being annoyed, if the effect on its supersonic move is any indication.

The Zubat attempts to adsorb some of Max's energy, as the Poochyena howls ferociously; but once again its aim seems to be off! The man in black curses under his breath as Max's mighty jaws clamp down once more, delivering another blast of electrical damage! The criminal begins digging frantically in his gear, presumably for a potion, leaving him temporarily distracted!

The two pokemon remain locked in combat, oblivious to the rest of the world.

What will you do?
The man chuckles his breath, but keeping a straight face.

"You've got spirit, kid, but you're entirely off target," he says in a a very different, serious and melancholy-filled tone, "Mommy and daddy buy you that mutt for a birthday? Bet they did. You've never starved, have you? Been homeless, had to steal to get by? What happens here, what happens now, is a link in the chain that will make this world... It doesn't matter. You're just like everyone else around here- blind and ignorant."

He then orders to his Zubat to astonish and leech Max's life again. The first attack strikes home but not enough to make my Poochyena flinch, and his second one completely miss. On the other hand, all of Max's moves have their effect, turning the bat into a bad shape.

"...No." I bluntly answer back after crossing my arms and lowering my head in thought. "To live comfortably doesn't mean ignorance and not living through rough times. Far from that." I pause for a moment, not happy to dwell in my past like that, but I'll do what it takes to make a point. "I knew a guy just like you; one who would do anything to get by, from stealing from churches to stabbing his own brother. Almost had enough of all this after awhile, wanting to end it all. I was there just in time though, and convinced him to do things the legit way... You know, go to school, get a job... And you know what happened?" I stare right into his eyes. "He started to live in the lap of luxury, more than I could ever get. He was also revealed to be the greatest and trustworthy person in my life... at least for a while... until he stupidly went back to his old ways for some reason, and stole one of my most important possessions and disappeared without a trace." I look at the ground. "...But that's another story. ...And haven't you thought that doing this, you are taking away things from people who worked hard to get or care for it, that is very dear to them? You probably are taking some Pokémon's loving child right now," I point at the Staryu, "and unlike money and food, nothing will be able to replace it." I glare right at him again, this time completely furious to the point I'm clenching my hand and teeth. "And I'm not, going, to let, that, happen."

My dog Pokémon angrily barks at the guy, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"Max, one more shot of sand, then bite 'im down!"

In the corner of my eye, I notice the man looking in his stuff, probably (and hopefully...) trying to get a potion, keeping his attention away from the cage and its poor victim. I mentally cross my fingers, hoping the message will go pass the criminal's mind again and right into my Starly's.

"...You know what they say: crime doesn't pay... You know those Rawk's I mentioned earlier, which are always watching?" I smile, finding the workaround quite ridiculous and likely passing me as someone missing a few bolts in the head, "Well, they can fly too, swooping away the things that doesn't belong to you, right when you're not looking."
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-30-2012 at 04:08 PM.
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #1009
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Hello updatees! I'll try to have a rapid fire day of updates tomorrow since it'll be the last time I'll have free time for the next two weeks until my midterms are over. So reply as soon as you can tomorrow and I'll try to update it as quickly as possible.

Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Your Pokémon nod at your orders, Kitty rushing towards a table to hide underneath it, peeking out her head enough to send a barrage of Bullet Seeds at the Rapidash. The green seeds explode as they make contact with the Rapidash's face, but it doesn't seem like it'll take much of the attack. The Rapidash bursts into flames as it charges at Kitty, with her rolling away from the table as Rapidash blasts the table into pieces of wood on fire as it rams into it with Flame Wheel. Minori jumps towards the Rapidash as the flames disappear, Mud-Slapping the Rapidash with his fin, which is filled with ground energy, and as the fin touches the Rapidash's face, the attack releases a cloud of dust in the Rapidash's face, lowering its accuracy slightly, just as Kitty begins to Sing as loudly as possible. The lower accuracy seems to be quite effective as the Rapidash begins to Stomp in Minori's direction, but misses by a hair's breadth, the hooves missing him completely at first, until one of attacks finally makes contact, as the Rapidash steps on Minori's body. Minori squeaks in pain as the hoove is pressed to its back, but it seems like the Singing is finally taking effect as both Minori and Rapidash yawn slightly, Rapidash falters a little before Minori slowly recovers from getting Stomped on. Minori tries to Mud-Slap the Rapidash once more but is unable as both Minori and Rapidash fully succumb to Kitty's lullaby, the Rapidash also unable to use Agility in its curret state. "Get up Rapidash!" the man screams at the Rapidash, before growling and barking orders at it, "Use two Sleep Talks!" Minori seems to be in an almost as deep slumber as the Rapidash, with the Rapidash fast asleep, standing with its eyes closed, head lowered, while Kitty is a few feet away.

What will you do now?
Noriko’s orders caused Kitty to dive under a nearby table, poking her head out just enough to hit Rapidash with Bullet Seed – the damage wasn’t too great, but it was still better than nothing. Rapidash’s Flame Wheel didn’t hit Kitty, just like Noriko had planned, instead shattering the table in flaming pieces. Trying to move out of the way, Noriko saw Midori launching at Rapidash’s face: the little mammal Slapped Rapidash in the face with his fin, spreading in a generous amount of Mud…or rather, dust. The dust lowered Rapidash’s accuracy just as Kitty began to Sing at the top of her little lungs. Not fazed by the singing, Rapidash attempted to Stomp Minori, managing to miss mostly but finally getting a single hit in. Minori squeaked, having a big horse on one’s back not exactly a pleasant thing, but at last Kitty’s singing was starting to make Rapidash drowsy! The larger Pokémon landed on the ground fast asleep, obviously unable to perform Agility as planned. "Get up Rapidash! Use two Sleep Talks!" The kidnapper’s ways of ordering around his Rapidash, with no concern for its well-being, made Noriko almost say something, but she arrived to the conclusion that talking wouldn’t work right now. He wouldn’t take a hint in his rage even if it kicked him in the butt. Perhaps kicking Rapidash's butt first would help?

With Rapidash asleep and unfortunately Minori as well, they had to change tactics. “Kitty, smack Rapidash with DoubleSlap for as long as you can! Minori, please wake up and use Water Pulse twice!” The battle was getting a lot tougher than Noriko had first thought...
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #1010
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: He thinks about your proposal for a second, "I think I can handle it, I don't mind going after the thieves myself." Though with a possibly broken ankle and an already tired Pokémon by his side, there might not be much he can do should he go with you. His tone changes slightly as he speaks, slightly saddened, probably because of his situation and being somewhat of a burden, "Actually maybe I can find someone to help us if I go in that direction, maybe you can find a way to leave a trail. Worst comes to worst I'll go check out whatever is that way and follow the trail you leave." He then looks at the Karrablast, "Karrablast, would you like to go with me?" "Karr-Karra" it responds, shaking its head. "Well then, I may be able to walk my way there slowly since you obviously need Ruby if you want to go ahead with your plan. I'm fine either way." He smiles slightly at you, waiting to hear further instructions on what you want to do.

How will you respond?
True enough, it would be hard for Christian to walk anywhere on his own. There was another alternative Levin could think of.

- Leaving you to walk by yourself isn't a great idea. Here's what we do.

He reached for his belt, took a PokeBall and released the Pokemon inside. An Elekid materialized, one of his most trustworthy allies - Crix.

- I'll walk with you to whatever that settlement might be. If it's trouble you'll need me, and if it's not I can ask them to look after you while I chase the thieves. Meanwhile our Pokemon will stay here, so Ruby doesn't lose the trail. Just bark if there's any trouble while we're away, we should have no problem hearing you and will come to help! Crix, protect Ruby while we're gone, I shouldn't be too long. I'm counting on you two, stay here until I get back!

He placed Christian's arm around his shoulders to ease the burden on his ankle. Repeated Softboileds with only go so far...

- Come on, let's head toward the music and see who's there. Ruby and Crix will be fine in the meantime. Karrablast, better come with us!

He started walking slowly, following the joyful sounds, wary of how truly joyful whatever lied ahead would turn out to be.
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #1011
hen da man
Rainbow Badge
 
hen da man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Victoria, Australia GMT+10
Posts: 968
Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Rainbow Waterfalls:

hen da man


Your little party of mid-day adventurers stops near the landing of a waterfall, the spray from it crashing into the rocks casting small rainbow effects in the dazzling sunlight, completing the picturesque scenery that was the Rainbow Waterfalls. You begin to take advantage of the large natural water basin to clean your shoes, when you Lana gasp loudly, startling you. You turn to see what had frightened or concerned her, and see the young woman trembling, both hands clenched over her mouth, her head tilted upwards to one of the cliffs far above. You crane your head up to follow her gaze, and see...

...nothing at all, just a blank cliff face and another small stream of water pouring off of it. Whatever it was, it was gone now. Your Pokemon look at you. You look at them. In unison, you all shrug. You turn to ask what had given her the shock, when she cuts you off inadvertently.

Her voice low, almost trembling, she murmurs two words:

"The dragon..."

She stares up at the narrow fall and expressionless cliff, hands still clasped to her face as though afraid it may fall off. She seems to have forgotten you and her Charmander altogether.


What will you do?


Whilst Henry was washing his shoes he hears Lana gasp behind him. He turns around to see the girl go pale all of a sudden. Blaze and Jeremy turn to look at you kind of confused but the girl does seem rather petrified. Henry then asks her, "what happened Lana? What's scared you so much?" She pretty much ignores you keeping her stare before murmuring out:

"The dragon..."

"What dragon Lana? There is nothing there." The boy looks up at the cliff face with nothing to see except a stream and the cliff face itself. He was starting to get a little worried about what Lana had seen though, she was extremely panicked and it made him wonder if something may have taken Ember and was up on the cliff face. Whatever it was, it had disappeared now.

"Did you take a photo of it? Let me see your camera for a sec..." Henry advances and goes to hold the camera before Lana pulls it away and looks at Henry, still in shock at the "dragon" she saw before and doesn't say a word.

"Shall we go and have a look for this dragon Lana?" The boy questions, "or are we gonna stay here and wait for a while?" He finishes, awaiting a response from the young woman.


Stats
hen da man is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #1012
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters
 
Treepandaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Treepandaone – Inscribed on the grassy knoll is a boy named “Matthew Brown”… And that’s about all you know. Despite surrounding the self with various knick-knacks and knowledge you’ve ostensibly accumulated over the years, you feel a strange lack of appreciation for them. After recently returning home to find changes in not only the places and people, but to yourself and your Pokémon, there was understandably disconnect. Why, for instance, are there such drastic differences in the current team roster you don’t even remember accounting, let alone the reason for?

During those dark, first few nights spent at the Fizzy Bubbles Bar, you’ve scoured your soul – supposedly the source behind the decision to release so many friends at once – in hopes of making some sense of it (or perhaps you were just seeking your own escape from regret). But memories seem to mean little when so much information is missing. “The past is only the future with the lights on,” the band played as you slowly drowned yourself in alcohol, but what if most of those lights are turned off? If anything the beer probably blotted out even more brightness from your mind.

You sigh as you painstakingly mark all the places where you’ve been on your map, cross-referencing against the pile of souvenirs and your Pokédex – evidence of experience, at the very least. It seems you’ve come so far, only to arrive back at the start. Your new squad consists of mostly amateurs, mere shadows of the strength you once shared with your comrades. Yet, these greenhorns glow with great promise, and so too do you. You realize this is now a chance for new beginnings, to rediscover your roots. The ship may have sailed with your old sailors on it, but in their wake are fresh faces ready to earn their sea legs.

A pair of those little legs walks over the page you were reading, crumpling it like the leaves that have already started to drain and depart the trees, carried by the brisk autumn breeze on their own journey. The gust excites your hair as you quickly catch the paper before it can fly off (no thanks to the shifted stoppers), carefully smoothing the wrinkles. Yet, your eyes are drawn to the spiderlines, tracing to an intersection that lies well within the radius of a circle, a broad destination already drafted. The lines look to the center, to letters that spell “The Forbidden Garden”. Your heart hesitates - not from fear, but anticipation. Time may be a mystery, but you’re not about to let its passage get the best of you. Besides, here might even hold the answers that you seek. The winds of change are blowing, but you’re willing to welcome them with gusto.

Darkness dawns on your face. You groan as you pry another young Pokémon from your personal space, leaving the surface pock-marked. Still, you smile as you gather your treasures – not referring to the litter on the ground, but rather the two troublesome babies. The three of you set off in the direction of the door that could not even be broken down by the might of Machamp. Perhaps such a small offering, then, will be a surprise asset. If not… You confirm the two balls on your belt, where back-up waits – the only ones who have stayed by your side on the shore.

As you walk, the sky deepens to indigo, and eventually to violet, where the color strangely seems to stay. The path grows old, choked by brown weeds and moss. Evidentally few have traversed this mobile since news circulated – and settled – that surpassing the dead end was impossible. Yet, to your surprise, you notice a new set of footprints in the patches of earth besides your own. Someone has been here before you.

Whilst you muse who might’ve had the same idea to try their luck at this late stage, the gate looms into view on the violet horizon. On your way to the wall, you pass by what you observe to be the remains of a chimney on the side of the road. A broken column of chipped brick, stripped of both paint and pride, sits barely above your height, casting its long and lonely shadow onto the grass. Scraps of wood and mortar scatter the ground, suggesting a building once belonged here. The stones angle to the northwest, where the land slopes gradually. Beyond the field in the distance, you can spot a large tree sitting atop a hill. Like the forest to the south, its foliage is flush with red, orange, and gold.

Passing the chimney, you stop short suddenly. For a moment, you thought you sensed movement. Checking the perimeter again, you find nothing. No one. Though upon closer inspection of the chimney stack, you notice it appears to show greater signs of wear on the side, almost as if something had scratched at it. The ground beneath also seems recently disturbed somehow, with patches of grass missing. No presence of life though. Whatever had been here has apparently moved on. Shaking your head, you simply attribute the perceived sight of someone to shadow’s shifting slant in the afternoon sun. Still, there is something that cannot be explained: the smell of smoke, mixed with delicious baked gingerbread.

The strong scent of smoke and pine follows you, clinging to your clothes as you continue north towards the wall. Upon approaching the heavy gate, it seems to hum with energy at your arrival. The door, immense anywhere else, is nothing compared to the wall itself. Grey blocks file in uniform, stretching high and to each side as far as the eye can see. Vines creep along its length, further sealing the entryway. For a garden, it appears to have gone untended for years.

Seven holes line across the dark wood, awaiting fulfillment. (Despite the age, the hollows have hardly knotted. In fact, the planks themselves appear almost pristine, as if preserved somehow.) The keys themselves are, of course, nowhere to be found.

Cold air brushes your cheek, and you shiver, wrapping Togepi tight in your jacket and securing Omanyte on your shoulder, no longer minding if he seeks the intimacy of close skin contact. Where in the world did this chill come from? The air was cool before, but nowhere near such biting arctic. Summer only just ended a little while ago, it’s far too early for frost. Again, you find yourself breathing a deep whiff of winter, but warmer: this time, it’s chestnuts roasting over an open flame. The wind is coming from the west, where the tree’s fiery branches wave.

Will you go investigate?
Good to be here. I've also got plenty on my plate so no worries about the update time. Loving this one :x

Like a somber poem with a sad ending Matthew and his team wandered aimlessly towards an intended whereabouts, reveling in the majestic beauty that the Cloud Garden had to offer. According to his Pokédex he had visited this place once before, but like all of those around him he had no recollection of it, nor what had happened on the completion.

Visions of memories sparked in his mind at the faintest of clues and he had hoped a trip to the fabled land of attraction would spark several more, but as he past through he felt no immediate tug. His comrades had sparked so easily with vision, along with faces that he thought he recognised, brief glimpses of people at the bar bringing back total recall of their relationship, many good times with friends snapping back into his fragmented and vulnerable brain. He thought more and more about the status that seemed to be afflicting him, the ails of the young man causing more distress than he could have ever imagined possible; who possessed this type of power to cause such havok and why was he targeted? For all he knew he was just a boy from Viridian …wasn't he?. His head began to pound with resounding pain as he panicked, questioning his whole background. He tried to think back, but even the faces of his parents were missing, the visual memory of Viridian burned brightly but this could easily have just been a co-incidence, a vague clue to anything that had happened in his life. He stopped on the stop, breathing heavily and wincing.

“Pri?”

Matthew Brown looked down at his Pokémon, the small shelled Pokémon looked up at him with distress, like it could feel his pain. The Pokémon reacted to him, burying its head in his body with confusion. His eyebrows raised as he realised the situation, the distress he was causing himself affected everyone in the team, and now was not the time to break down. No, the fact that the young trainer was still alive was cause for celebration; though he remembered not where he had been he was sure where he was going; the future lied ahead and though the past remained cloudy, the only importance was right now.

He looked up with surprise, unaware of how far he had travelled, almost like his body had been in auto-drive while he tried to figure out his life. Staring up at the sky he saw the glory of the Cloud Garden's elegant sky, flashing from indigo to violet as he furthered his trek towards the forbidden garden, perhaps a view that others would dream of and here he was taking it for granted, being selfish by worrying of only his problems. Inside he toiled with torment but perhaps he was looking at this the wrong way, perhaps this was a chance to start a-fresh, a new beginning and a chance to revive the flames that burned within his heart. Surely this, amongst others, would spark life into the trainer help him remember what he had lost.

Weakly smiling he rubbed Togepi's head with his thumb, stroking the small normal-type to ease its comfort as its head withdrew from inside his jacket, looking up at him with gaucheness until it saw that he was all-right, becoming happier by the second as it nuzzled back, sending a smile to Matthew's face. Like him the team was beginning anew, a spectacle of great promise and although their time was clouded by slight disconnect he could tell these Pokémon would grow with him, leaving the same bonds as those who came before. Looking down at his belt he nodded to the ones who remained, his captain and helmsmen of the metaphorical ship he was crewing. Togepi mewed with delight as he began to walk once more, assured that his lack of memory would never again become a hindrance to his Pokémon but an opportunity.

A brisk autumn breeze pushed him along, sending the trees into dances as they swayed in the wind, shedding their summer leaves as they began journeys of their own, floating through the air with each of the wind's push. Matthew drew similarities between the leaves and himself, knowing that they shared the same ending; being worm food, but hoping that his conceivable end would be much longer than that of the vascular plants, and that he would see many more autumns before his conclusion.

The path below his feet began to deteriorate with every step, the once pristine original becoming replaced by a tattered stone, the old worn bricks chocked with brown weeds and moss. It too was a sign of wear, a reminder of what happens when you get older and more forgotten. Pausing curiously he cocked his head, noticing a strange pattern embedded on the earth. He bent down, Omanyte crawling further over his shoulder to take a look too. Matthew touched the earth, noticing its spongy texture, feeling the indent of the earth before recognising them as footprints, and new footprints too. Someone had been here before him. He wondered if he would be in luck, if the door that an army of Machamp couldn't open had already been opened for him to squeeze by, hitching a ride on the coattails of the mystery adventurer who had been as curious as him.

He stood up and continued, this time with a more brisk pace, all the time his mind racing with speculation as to whom could have tried their luck at such a late stage, his inquisitive mind whirring by the dozen. Before too long the large gate veered into view, looming against a violet horizon to send a shiver down his spine; its magnificence equal to any waterfall he had read about, the experience of such a marvel sending his adrenaline pumping.

Togepi struggled against his arms as it reached out for something, its legs moving despite being suspended in mid-air as it meeped in happiness. Matthew turned to see a chimney sat on the side of the road, scraps of what he could only assume was a building littering its presence. Togepi seemed to want to play with anything new and the chipped brick chimney was no different, the somewhat square tunnel a prime spot for Togepi's adventurous nature as it stared in amazement. But this was not a place to let the small Pokémon play, nor was it a suitable playing area, the well-damaged section of a broken building no place for a youngun'. He denied the Togepi's request and while he preferred that it would play by the tree sitting atop the hill to the northwest he felt a strange unease about letting it, deciding that carrying on would be a much better idea.

The Togepi stopped moving and slumped back into his midsection as Matthew sighed, its childlike nature causing him worry on a multitude of occasions, but it was this worry that made him love the Pokémon even more, the awareness of its safety one of the defining factors of his love and he knew he shared it with all of his Pokémon.

He turned suddenly as he sensed movement, looking around to try and find the source. His hand reached for his Pokédex like a cowboy in a Western movie, standing as still as he could before nothing came. He turned his head to face the water-type sitting on his shoulder, noticing it too was looking in a different direction.

“You felt that too didn't you Omanyte?” he asked, the Omanyte turning round to face him face-to-face.

It stared back with no expression, not clarifying its stance on the matter as Matthew disregarded it, looking around for a final time. Disregarding it as a trick on the mind he cautiously approached the chimney, sensing a link between the disruption and damage. He kneeled, inspecting the broken stack as Togepi turned away in a sulk, obviously thinking Matthew was taunting it by moving closer. He frowned as he stroked it once more.

“Come now Togepi. I'm just looking out for you. What if something were to happen to you? I'd be devestated” he said, squeezing the Togepi in a hug before seeing its sulk melt away as it turned to look at the chimney, accepting his reasoning.

The stack itself seemed disturbed, a greater sign of wear that looked like scratches painted the outside while the patches of ground also looked different. He looked over his shoulder but saw no signs of life, wondering if whatever had been here was here no longer. He stood up once more, smelling a faint whiff of baked gingerbread. He ignored it, putting the feeling down to hunger and the sun, living in an icy tundra had clouded his climate control in places like this where the sun beat more brightly and with greater effect.

Walking a few more yards he smelt smoke and pine, sniffing his t-shirt before realising it was him. The smell had attached itself to his clothing as was following him round, causing his nose to shrivel every once and a while, although he enjoyed the smell of smoke thanks to his wood-burning stove at his base he was surprised at every interval it showed, catching him with abruptness once every while. Resigning himself to getting back on task he finally reached the wall, the immense presence seeming like it almost hummed with energy as he arrived.

Ahead of him lay the greatest wall he had ever seen, the stone bricks layered in unison, the palpable atmosphere of such craftsmanship leaving him in a state of awe, stepping back a few steps to see if it ended. His eyes could see no such thing, the wall stretching as far and wide as he could see, the only noticeable difference between any section being the vines which snaked along its surface. He knew that the garden was forbidden but it seemed so unattended in its wake. Matthew stuck out a few finger and ran his hand down the door, the dark wood smooth against his fingers as if untouched by age despite the rest of the wall's condition, seven small holes lining it. He had not been in luck, whoever was there before hadn't done him any favours as the keys were missing.

A sudden cold wind hit as Matthew closed his jacket, a shiver hitting his body as he pulled his Pokémon tighter, glad of the company he he had been complaining about not long ago, the intimacy of skin contact being a welcome change. He wondered where the wind came from, it seemed unnatural in its creation, the timing and temperature being off for a normal autumn change, the impromptu Arctic winds reminding him of his base, but that was in the Glacier Islands. Surely summer had just finished, the inclement being far from what he had heard about in this region.

It was this weather that made Matthew want to smoke, the familiar feeling of a lighter warming his hands as the lightened tobacco seemingly warmed his very insides, making the usually unbearable weather right again. He fought off the craving of addiction, not wanting to harm his young Pokémon with second hand smoke, at such a tender age he was unable to predict the outcome, they were certainly not as hardy as the Rhyperior he had. Breathing a heavy breath he felt a rush of winter hit his lungs, a warmer more deeper whiff of chestnuts roasting on an open fire sparking back memories of the first Christmas he shared with his Pokémon. A single small tear ran down his face, Matthew wiping it away before his Pokémon could see as he gathered himself, looking around to decide his direction.

“We'll go with the wind Bullseye” he proclaimed, “West it is”.

Last edited by Treepandaone; 09-30-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Treepandaone is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #1013
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #56 (October 01, 2012)

I'll try to update again in the next hour or two if anyone replies, but I'll try update on Friday regardless if I somehow find the time. Otherwise, updates in two weeks.

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: The horse begins to mumble as it uses Sleep Talk, Growling as loud as it possibly can, intimidating Kitty and lowering her attack, while Minori only scowls while it sleeps, unaffected by the true effect of the Growl. While a little wary, Kitty jumps at the Rapidash, slapping it across the face relentlessly as she Double Slaps the Rapidash. The attack manages to damage the Rapidash in small increments, while it luckily continues to sleep after the attack. "Aghhhh. Wake UP!!!" the man screams at the Rapidash, though it doesn't seem to be that effective as the Rapidash continues to grumble in its sleep. It starts to Sleep Talk again, this time it begins to charge towards Kitty, hitting her with a Tackle, almost trampling her. Kitty jumps towards the Rapidash after shaking her head, and begins to Double Slap the equine across the face multiple times, each slap taking a little more health away. This time after the assault though, the fiery horse opens its bloodshot eyes after being woken up against its will, looking like it is ready to kill someone, panting slightly from all the attacks that it has endured so far, while Minori continues to snore on the ground, still asleep...

What will you do?


Comet's Corner
YDT:
Look back here.

Takeo: "Well, a very big investor wanted to have Pokémon battles with anyone in the world instantly since not everyone has an Abra or teleporting Pokémon. He wanted everyone to be able to do this in your local Pokémon Center, but we also found that you are able to train your Pokémon more effectively, as battles are easier to find. I can bore you with how we first wanted to achieve this, including something that made use of a helmet and movement tracking pads, though it wasn't that successful." He chuckles lightly as he continues, "I finally feel satisfied with what we've achieved. We can put as many wild Pokémon or people in an enclosed location as we want. We have finally been able to transfer a Pokémon's real life abilities into the virtual world successfully, and any experience they gain there, is experience they get in real life. Healing is also instantaneous, with Pokémon regaining their full strength as they are called back to their Pokéball. The testing we are about to have right now is our favorite," Dr. Richards begins to smile widely, just as the machine finishes the healing process, with a sound signifying the end end of it, "The point is to find other trainers and battle them. The victor has to destroy the other person's crystal, that way their Pokémon will not heal and they will be eliminated from the virtual world. You'll see what I mean when you get there. The field will be an almost exact replica of Comet's Corner. Anyway, we'll go over everything again when you are there. But first..." He begins to scramble some papers on a desk nearby, trying to find something in piles of papers. "Here, can you please sign this before we begin, it basically lists everything that can possibly go wrong, including headaches, nausea, soreness and the like, standard in lab testing really." He hands you what is basically a booklet with at least 50 pages in pure text, with 4 post its on the side, and after you try to read anything written there, you eyes begin to hurt with the small text, with the only thing you are able to make out as you flip through the pages is the four:

Please sign here x_____________

"After you sign feel free to get in the capsule and put the Pokéballs of your Pokémon, unless you have more questions. I'll give you one of the crystals I found earlier this time, but you'll have to find your own next time." he says jokingly. The capsule is white, being at least 7 feet tall by 5 feet wide with a chair inside, with cables connected and running across the room, and a similar looking machine than the one you used to heal your Pokémon next to it, where you are suppose to place your Pokéballs.

How will you respond?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Everyone follows your orders, with you deciding to go investigate whatever is producing that music with Christian and Karrablast and with Growlithe and Elekid staying behind to keep on the trail. The music progressively gets louder as you head in the direction you think it is coming from, with it sounding like country music as it gets louder. After walking for a few minutes, you can finally make out some sort of structure ahead. A rather large corral stands before you and Christian, with a large stable on one side and large house in front of you, though it seems rather odd to see only two Mareep in the center on the corral, seeming otherwise deserted except for the music coming from the house. "Let's go to the house to see what's up."

You make it to the large front porch, and Christian then knocks on the door, with the music probably drowning down the sound at first. Christian tries knocking on the door again, this time harder, after which you hear the music turn down a little before you are finally able to hear footsteps inside, making their way to the door. The door finally opens, only a sliver though, with a man peeking out through the small opening, "Who are you? What do you want?" he asks gruffly.

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: Look back here.


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
"She belongs to one of the neanderthal tribes that live in the outskirts of this area, that's what I mean!" The man answers back, seeming completely disgusted at you, probably for defending her. "What's going on here?" the nurse says, her sweet voice gone, giving the three of you a stern look as she holds a tray with different Pokéballs, "You can't let people like enter this fine establishment nurse!" But before the man can continue, she cuts him off. "This Pokémon Center is open for everyone, regardless of where they are from!" she says, speaking with complete authority, "But...but...." "Your Pokémon are fully healed so I would appreciate it if you could please leave." the nurse says calmly as she hands over the man's Pokéball. He growls as he then snatches the Pokéballs from the nurse's hands, leaving immediately, cursing as he leaves before saying, "What is this world coming to?!?!?" "I'm sorry you had to go through that." The nurse bends down next to Jamie, just as the trainers across from her just stare at your group, almost unable to grasp what just happened. "Are you alright sweetheart?" she asks sweetly, to which Jamie answers with a nod, eyes red as she appears ready to cry again any second. "There, there. It's alright, here is your Pokémon!" The nurse hands over Pixie's Pokéball to the little girl before handing you your Pokéballs back. "I'm sorry, I don't know what was wrong with him! He used to be the CEO of the Pokémon Protection Agency, but lately he has been really aggressive, maybe because he has recently retired. Who knows. Anyway, what are you two doing here if you don't mind me asking?"

How will you respond?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:05 PM   #1014
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,154
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
[COLOR="LightBlue"]Couple announcements. First off, welcoming tau and Treepandaone into my group. Hope you guys enjoy your Updates!

Also it looks like I'm going to be busy this school year, so expect maybe monthly Updates from now on. ^^; Apologies for the wait. x.X


Rock Garden

blazeVANote: While I admire the creative liberties you take and they’re amusing to read, I should warn you they sometimes encroach on self-Updating territory. If you have questions as to what’s appropriate or “canon” so to speak when writing, feel free to clarify with me.

You agree readily to the proposal, and release a fluffy brown rabbit for backup. The sight of a bland but adorable bunny seems to only stimulate the band’s doubt. Bill chortles uproariously, Charlie smothers another snigger, and even Ian’s ‘stache twitches slightly of amusement.

“Did you hear what he called it?” Bill hoots. “Kid, you and your little ‘Lemon Drop’ better run on home now. Ain’t no way you’ll be able to win against the leader, let alone match up to the Heaven’s Devils. Heck, I bet you couldn’t even beat one of those flaming forest fairies!”

He roars with laughter, resorting to stomping his feet so hard the supposedly sedate stage shudders with him, despite the base being reinforced by bedrock. Charlie tips and rolls on his back, but is too busy clutching his stomach in an attempt to contain his giggles to care.

Ian coughs to clear his throat. “He’s right, you know. Those pixies- er, protestors might be pansies, but they’ve at least got strength in numbers. When you said you had a strong partner I had assumed you meant someone… Well, ‘larger’, for lack of a better word. It doesn’t look to me like you’d stand a chance against them or our leader, even with both of you fighting.”

Despite the warning, neither you nor your Pokémon appear to back down. Sighing, Ian shakes his head.

“But, I suppose a deal’s a deal. Why don’t you go see the leader, while we meet with the Heaven’s Devils to make arrangements.” He then whispers aside to Bill behind his moustache, which Marche somehow manages to lip-read back to you: “Mind, I may be willing to agree with you now we’ll need more than just two.”

Ignoring the barely concealed lack of confidence, you commit to the bid to bring back the leader, out stone cold if you have to. Charlie scuttles off the stage to merge with your party, apologizing for his earlier episode. He winces as he’s met with snowy glares and Marche’s unforgiving fist, stopping just short of the bug’s nose. Shamed, he scurries ahead to keep pace with Keith, who has already initiated the lead. As you track the two shadows in silence, you ponder briefly what the previous mention of Keith not being an “official member” was about, when he’s observably in close contact with the band and appears to know the best route between rocks.

They conduct the path to a grand opening, into darkness. You peer cautiously into the access, where gloom grows and expands, filling your heart. Charlie shies from the entrance, mumbling that perhaps they shouldn’t disturb the leader and go home. Instead, Keith boldly struts up and sends a stony diplomat deep into the den, resulting in a quiet *clink*. A low growl rumbles, revving to max until a high volume stumbles out from the hole, surpassing your stature. Blue boulders stack high on each other, a moving mass of mountain itself. Ruby spikes align along all sides, shielding and shining in the sun. Eyes appear bloodshot, almost as red as the reflector panels. Some dark stain drips below. Berry juice, perhaps?

The groggy Gigalith roars and suddenly SLAMs a HEAVY foot in your group’s direction, sending the five of you scattering. The impact barely misses Lemon Drop, who leaps nimbly out of the way. Charlie isn’t so lucky however, having only time to squeak and retreat inside his armor before the giant sole lands squarely on top. There’s a horrible grinding sound of metal on rock, yet when the weight lifts, you see the shell surprisingly remains intact. (Seriously, what is that thing made of?) However, there’s no sign of life from within, so you are certain the Dwebble must have checked out already, if not simply chickened out.

With one guide gone, you glance to Keith for confirmation that this monster is really the guy you’re looking for. He nods. You gulp. Seems the leader seriously doesn’t appreciate being disturbed in his home. …Or maybe the drugs are affecting his judgment, since he now appears to be having a row with one of the nearby rock formations. With an insistent bellow, he lurches unevenly forward, HEADBUTTing the opponent into smithereens. He then turns around and notices you, appearing confused for a moment. Unfortunately, his expression then registers as, “You got a problem too, buddy? BRING IT ON.”

He lunges. What do you do?


Sorry, Yuki! I'll be sure to try and stick as much as I can to the update!

Blaze released Lemon Drop, knowing that since the rest of the band would probably be Rock types, her Sky Uppercut would be a very powerful tool. But, it seems, that Lemon Drop has only made the situation worse than before. Bill begins to laugh profusely, which makes Blaze extremely inscensed. Charlie is clearly trying to smother up another giggle, and even Ian, who had remained mostly stoic at this time, gave way to a little bit of twitching with his moustache. 'I wonder if a Probopass just uses its mustaches for all signs of emotions....'

"Did you hear what the kid called it?" Bill chorted out," Kid, you and your little 'Lemon Drop' better high tail it outta here now. You will never be able to beat the leader, let alone match up with a serious group like the Heaven's Devils. Heck, I bet you could not even beat one of those flaming forest fairies!" This got Blaze mad. 'There are no such thing as flaming forest fairies! Unless...he means a Volcarona. Then, they are around here! Yippee!' The thought of a Volcarona managed to keep Blaze under control.

Bill obviously was beside himself with laughter, and if he wasn't laughing hard enough for the whole Rock Garden to hear, he was also stomping on the ground, causing the entire stage to shake and wiggle. Blaze was awed by the Bastiodon's power, because the stage was anchored to the ground by a firm layer of bedrock. Charlie tips over and rolls on his back, but he dosen't seem to notice, he is too busy trying to try and not burst from laughter.

Ian gives a cough to clear his throat('Wait, it has a throat?'), and says, "Bill is right, you know. Those pixies-er, protestors might be a big bunch of pansies, but their strength lies in their numbers. When you said you had a strong partner, I assumed that you had meant someone, well, 'larger', for the lack of a better word. It dosen't look like to me that you could defeat our leader, even with the two of you fighting together.

'There is no backing down for me or Marche,' Blaze thinks to himself, 'We got ourselves into this mess, and we are going to get out of it. You are about to get a crazy wake up call, Ian and Bill, because we "little" munchkins are going to blow everything away.' Blaze, nor Marche or Lemon Drop back down, each of them with a look of stubborn pride on their faces. Ian lets out a sigh, and shakes his head.

"But, I suppose that a deal is a deal. Why don't you go and see the leader, while we make the arrangements with the Heaven's Devils." Ian turns over to Bill, and goes to whisper something in his ear. Marche is somehow able to lip read what they are saying, and relays it back to Blaze. "“Mind, I may be willing to agree with you now we’ll need more than just two.”

Blaze just ignored the barely covered up lack of confidence, knowing that this is the time for him to prove himself to the band. 'I am going to bring back that leader stone cold if I have to.' Charlie gets back up and scuttles to you. "Sorry about earlier guys." He says. But, nobody was willing to take the apology. Blaze and Lemon Drop give Charlie the evil eye, while Marche raises a fist to Charlie's face, just inches away from a firm punch. Charlie winces a little bit as he senses the hodtilities in the air, and scuttles off to get ahead of Keith, clearly ashamed that he had incited such anger out of the people who had helped him. Blaze tracked the two shadows in silence, but was still puzzled at the fact of Keith not being an official band member. 'He tends to be in close contact with the band, although I think they tend to overlook him, and it is odd that he knows the way to the band leader's place so easily. Who is Keith?'

Blaze and the gang travel the path Keith led, until it lead to a grand opening, into darkness. Blaze very carefully looks in the entrace, where the dark caused a gloom feeling inside his heart that grew and strengthened. 'I hope that he is here. Who knows where he could be otherwise?' Blaze notices that Charlie is starting to move away from the entrance, mumbling something about how disturbing the band leader was a bad idea and that they should just go hime. Keith was not deterred, confusing Blaze even more, and went into the cave, giving some sort of signal into the cave. Blaze heard a stony *click* ring out from the cave. Then, comes a low grumble that sent shivers into Blaze's spine. I began to climb and rev, reaching a roar that seemed to dwarf Blaze. Suddenly, Blaze sees blue boulders start to move, it was like looking at a mountain move before his eyes. Red spikes align all along his body, gleaming and shining in the bright sun, looking like beautiful rubies. His eyes appeared to be bloodshot, just as red and the rubies on his body. Dripping from his mouth was some sort of dark stain. Some sort of berry juice maybe?

The Gigalith roars and sends a HEAVY foot SLAMming into the party, which causes everyone including Blaze to scatter. Blaze notices that Lemon Drop was completely unijured, she must have jumped out of the way at the right time. 'Thank God for someone as nimble as a rabbit. That might be what we need if we want to win.' Charlie was not nearly as lucky, Blaze sees. He barely had time to squeak a little bit a run inside of his shell, as the foot slammed into the shell. Blaze groaned as he heard the grinding of metal onto stone, but, when the weight is lifted, Blaze sees that the shell is completely unharmed. 'Jeez! A Heavy Slam from a 500+ pound behemoth should have done some damage to that! What is it made out of, diamond!?' Nothing comes out of the shell, as it seems that Charlie has checked out for the fight. 'You can check out anytime you like Charlie, but you can never leave!' ;)

Blaze looks at Keith that this hulking behemoth of stone is truly the band leader, to which Keith gives a confirmative nod. Blaze takes in a gulp as he looks at the band leader. 'Wow, he is a really terratorial one this one. It seems that he doesn't like to be disturbed at home.' But, Blaze sees that he is not trying to go toe to toe with a row of rocks. 'Or maybe he is high on something. That seems a little more logical really.' The Gigalith gives out a bellow before HEADBUTTing the rocks into smithereens. He then turns and faces Blaze, who hopes that the Gigalith will not be nearly as violent as he was with those rocks. He looked confused for a moment, but then gives a territorial growl and yells, "You got a problem with me bud? BRING IT ON!"

Blaze knew there was no time for diplomacy. The Gigalith was too incensced and high to be reasoned with, so, Blaze figured that he was going to to have to bring to golem to a screeching halt, the hard way. "Alright, Marche and Lemon Drop, we need to be careful around this guy. He seems to have a lot of power, but not a lot of speed. You should be able to run circles around him Lemon Drop!" 'Got it Blaze! I am not going to be scared for this one!" Lemon Drop said as she raised he fists in the air...which Blaze had to admit was really cute. He could kinda see why he would not be taken seriously. "Alright, here is the plan guys. Marche, use a Rock Polish so you can gain some speed, and then bear down on one of his legs with a Hammer Arm. Lemon Drop, give him two Sky Uppercuts!
__________________


Quote:
Zelphon - Today at 5:29 AM
If the current political climate has taught me anything
It's that a purge via gay witches may very well be necessary
Emi is offline  
Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #1015
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Stardust Fields

Itzatrap


The double battle rages on, but you decide to withdraw Shell for now in favor of your starter, Olli the Chimchar, who leaps around in happiness before realizing he’s in a battle. The fire monkey provides additional light into the gloomy cavern with his flame. The grounded Golbat is unable to dodge a Fire Spin from Olli, the roaring flames surround the Bat Pokemon, who desperately tries to escape, damaging itself more in the process. Eventually it thinks of a solution, a Gust blowing away the flames. Using its feet, it tries for a Wing Attack, but the agile Chimchar easily dodges it, leaping over the Golbat, landing on his feet. Olli thinks up some Nasty thoughts, Plotting on how to beat Golbat. Golbat sees this as an opportunity, and fires a Shadow Ball at Olli, who is too preoccupied with his Nasty Plot to see the dark Ghost-Type move coming at him, knocking him back. That seemed to be a powerful blow. Olli decides not to put the Nasty Plot boost to use, and instead surrounds himself in a Flame Wheel, rolling towards the downed Golbat, crashing into it and burning its face. The Golbat screeches in pain as the Flame Wheel burns it and pushes it back. Meanwhile, over to Bob and Sandslash, they seem to be doing well, having dodged a powerful Psychic and countered with a Night Slash. The Swoobat seems damaged, and a victory for Bob is nearly guaranteed. The Golbat has taken many hits, but can still put up a fight, and Olli is fine, save for a nice chunk of his energy being drained.

What will you do?
"Haha, that's the way Olli!" The trainer said, grinning widely as his simian friend managed to engulf the Golbat in a cone of fire. The trainer's joy was short lived, as the bat blew away the fire trapping it with a powerful gust, flying to attack Olli as it is freed. "Look out Olli!" the trainer warned him, though it seemed the ape had everything in control for now as he dodged the attack by jumping over the bat. He quickly changed tactics like he was directed to earlier, concentrating, trying to think of ways to take down the Golbat, but leaving the Golbat an opening, which it definitely took advantage of as it sent a ball of ghost energy towards him as Olli was preoccupied, taking the full blast of the attack. The trainer clenched his fist, "Come on, you can do this!" he muttered to himself, just as Olli burst into flames and rolled towards the bat, hitting it and making it screech in pain. Rob took a look at his companion, and he seemed to be doing better with his partner as he successfully dodged and countered the psychic bat's attack.

"Alright Olli! I know you can do this! You've got him, I know you do!" the trainer quickly tried to think of what to do next, "I need to somehow paralyze it for a second before releasing my attacks on it...I can't have Olli use up energy in vain...I got it!" "Olli use Leer to show the Golbat who is the boss! Then slam it into the ground with all your Strength and blast it with a Flamethrower!" He turned towards the treasure hunter, "We almost got them! Let's finish them off now!" Though the trainer knew that he wasn't as close to finishing his battle with the Golbat as Bob was, he also knew a little confidence never hurt anyone...right?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #1016
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Everyone follows your orders, with you deciding to go investigate whatever is producing that music with Christian and Karrablast and with Growlithe and Elekid staying behind to keep on the trail. The music progressively gets louder as you head in the direction you think it is coming from, with it sounding like country music as it gets louder. After walking for a few minutes, you can finally make out some sort of structure ahead. A rather large corral stands before you and Christian, with a large stable on one side and large house in front of you, though it seems rather odd to see only two Mareep in the center on the corral, seeming otherwise deserted except for the music coming from the house. "Let's go to the house to see what's up."

You make it to the large front porch, and Christian then knocks on the door, with the music probably drowning down the sound at first. Christian tries knocking on the door again, this time harder, after which you hear the music turn down a little before you are finally able to hear footsteps inside, making their way to the door. The door finally opens, only a sliver though, with a man peeking out through the small opening, "Who are you? What do you want?" he asks gruffly.

How will you respond?
Country music. These guys better not be Amish.

Levin was, no questions asked, slightly xenophobic. Still, help was help, and if it meant enduring the insufferable tune for a while, so be it.

The corral looked completely abandoned save for two lone Mareep inside the stable. Well, that's shocking. Hah.

They made their way to the front door of the large house and knocked. Nothing happened and the music was still loud enough to warrant a neighbourhood complaint, if there were any neighbours around. As Christian knocked a second time, much harder than before, and someone inside seemingly got the message. The volume was turned down slightly, indicating that the occupants probably weren't Amish if they had a radio.

The door opened just slightly to reveal a clearly upset man on the other side. Living on an isolated farm away from civilization, and aggressive toward other living people... Either he's a very lonely guy, or a cannibal.

- Hello sir, sorry to bother. My friend and I were passing by and heard your... music - that last word had trouble getting out. - See, my friend was assaulted by a gang of thieves and broke his ankle... He's in no condition to give chase. Would you be so kind as to help out in any way you can?

If words had shapes and colors, his would be made of pink, blue and yellow flowers with a side of honey. It disgusted him to play the role of poor, helpless victim, but hey, they really were helpless victims right now. Hopefully meeting the grumpy man would be the first good thing to happen in a while, God knows how much Levin needed one to lift his spirit.
__________________

Last edited by MarbleZone; 10-01-2012 at 06:34 AM.
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #1017
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: Anne starts to nod as she hears your idea, "Sounds very risky, but since we are helping their own friends and family, maybe wild Pokémon will cooperate," changing the expression on her face from slightly uncertainty, she continues with a smile, "Sure, let's do it! Hold on though, we can't send Ponyta and Blazer in their condition. Let me see if there is anything in the back." Anne climbs to the back of the truck, searching for something in the various medical supplies thrown about. "Here!" she says, quickly climbing down from the truck, "This'll heal then right up." She slowly uses a Full Restore on Blazer, erasing any sign of wear that the earlier battle had on him, she then uses another Full Restore on Ponyta, healing her up in the same manner. "Okay guys," she starts to talk to Chikorita, Blazer and Ponyta, "Don't try to make any trouble and come right back after you get enough Pokémon to help us. Alright?" They all respond with a nod before setting off to find some helpful wild Pokémon while you wait with Anne, the guy, and Farfetch'd.

Half an hour passes, the random sounds of Kricketot beginning to be heard, with the forest, while still bright, is now noticeably darker than before. "There they are!" Anne says, as the silhouette of Ponyta, Blazer and Chikorita appear. You then notice the silhouette of many other Pokémon behind them. A couple of Sentret, Furret, Linoone, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Bellsprout, and other Pokémon seem to be following the three Pokémon. "Haha, they got quite the bit of help there!" Anne says, laughing in disbelief as the wild Pokémon come to the rescue. Anne quickly organizes the Pokémon and starts handing out the supplies to carry to the center. It isn't long until the truck is completely empty with all the supplies in the hands of everyone. "Alright group, let's go!" Anne says to the everyone as you then begin to make your way back to the Pokémon Center.

It isn't long until you are back in the Center, with the wild Pokémon giving the supplies to the nurses and scattering into the forest after seeing how their friends are doing. "There you are!" The voice seems familiar, and you turn to see Peter, "I've been looking around for you! Looks like you've helped out quite a bit for today, things should be fine and be calm for now." His voice is obviously not as energetic as it was before, not after having been through so much himself for the day, "Nagasaki has been extremely helpful Peter!" Anne says to Peter, but then turns to you, "Here, we don't need these and you more than deserve them for your help." Anne hands you 2x Heal Ball as she then gets called over by the nurses. "Thank you for your help again Nagasaki! You'll make a fine Ranger yourself one day!" She winks at you as she then leaves to talk to the nurse.

"Okay, tell me exactly what happened now that we have time. Oh! Wait a minute, someone has also been looking for you for a while now! Glameow!" The Glameow rushes towards you and Blazer, seeming happy to see you if you didnt know any better. The Glameow playfully pushes Blazer with its head, as if to see if Blazer, and you, are are ready to give it it's battle, now that everything seems to be settling down for the day.

How will you respond?
"Looks like someone missed you, he wants to get your spar over with!" said Nagasaki with a grin. To relieve the stress that the group experienced throughout the day, he decides to rest up a bit. Nagasaki firstly thanked Anne and Peter for making him useful on this day's mission. "Thank you guys. As my token of gratitude, can you please be the referees on Blazer and the Glameow's battle? Of course, we will rest for now. It's a tiring day today, having all those creepy things that happened." Nagasaki then heads to Blazer, whispered something to him, then approached Peter. "I am still concerned about the events today. Who are those fire starters? What are their intentions? I gazed upon them the time I battled the man-in-uniform, and all I felt is despair and hatred. Please, after the battle with Glameow, tell me everything." Meanwhile, Blazer approaches Glameow, and told it something. "I think we should rest today, and postpone the battle tomorrow. It's unfair to take on an opponent who made a lot of things today, especially in my part. I want to start a battle where we are on our greatest potential. But if you want to settle things now, it's okay." The Glameow answered, and Blazer went to Nagasaki. The red-haired trainer whispered his companion. "What did it say to you?"
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #1018
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Comet's Corner
YDT:
The vibration of the steps the Boldore takes as it runs towards Skubble are felt, slamming its rock hand body as it Tackles Skubble. She is thrown to the side as the attack hits her, but she retaliates quickly, springing at the Boldore, whacking it with another Bone Club. The Boldore cries out in pain again, taking steps back, growling loudly at Cubone, before unleashing a Rock Blast at Skubble. She manages to dodge the first rock thrown at her, but gets hit right in the body with the second rock, and third, taking a bit of health away. Cubone uses Bone Club on the Boldore again, this time a crack is heard as the bone makes contact, with the Boldore backing down after the attack. Skubble rushes towards the Boldore, ready to push it off the hill with Strength, but just as Skubble is about to make contact, Boldore begins to glow, Hardening itself, raising its defense, but it is still pushed back a few feet by Skubble's power, taking a bit of damage from the attack as it is pushed back against its will before Skubble stops the attack, unable to push it further for now. Looks like you'll need to think of another way to get the Boldore off the hill, with Skubble getting tired from energy use, but Boldore also seems to be panting slightly from the damage it has taken.

What will you do?

William sighed as the Boldore barely moved, Skubble looked like she was running out of energy. SHe managed to dodge a lot of attacks which was pretty incredible, but was also hitting that rock pretty hard with many successive attacks.

"Pi Pi Pi Pi Pineco!" Pinochlette was cheering on the side lines, spinning around and bouncing all over the place. Niles smiled at her and she started heading over to give a hug. She bashed into his leg knocking him over a bit, and Niles frowned at her. She continued to push a bit harder, trying to get closer to him. Niles was having trouble pushing back, which gave him an idea.

"Skubble and Pinochlette, on the count of three you are gonna use Strength on that Pokemon!" Niles commanded pointing at the Boldore. "One. Two. Three!" Niles counted as he charged at the Boldore, Pinochlette rushing beside him


Stats
YDT is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #1019
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
I'll try to update again in the next hour or two if anyone replies, but I'll try update on Friday regardless if I somehow find the time. Otherwise, updates in two weeks.

Stardust Fields
kaisap112: The horse begins to mumble as it uses Sleep Talk, Growling as loud as it possibly can, intimidating Kitty and lowering her attack, while Minori only scowls while it sleeps, unaffected by the true effect of the Growl. While a little wary, Kitty jumps at the Rapidash, slapping it across the face relentlessly as she Double Slaps the Rapidash. The attack manages to damage the Rapidash in small increments, while it luckily continues to sleep after the attack. "Aghhhh. Wake UP!!!" the man screams at the Rapidash, though it doesn't seem to be that effective as the Rapidash continues to grumble in its sleep. It starts to Sleep Talk again, this time it begins to charge towards Kitty, hitting her with a Tackle, almost trampling her. Kitty jumps towards the Rapidash after shaking her head, and begins to Double Slap the equine across the face multiple times, each slap taking a little more health away. This time after the assault though, the fiery horse opens its bloodshot eyes after being woken up against its will, looking like it is ready to kill someone, panting slightly from all the attacks that it has endured so far, while Minori continues to snore on the ground, still asleep...

What will you do?
For the first time in her life Noriko got to witness the power of Sleep Talk. Rapidash ended up Growling in its sleep, scaring Kitty to lower her attack, but Minori seemed too fast asleep to take any notice of what was happening around him. Kitty moved on the offense despite her fears, Double Slapping Rapidash as much as she could – the large horse still sleeping through the whole ordeal. Noriko was starting to find the situation too weird to believe, and apparently the kidnapper was starting to think the same thing. "Aghhhh. Wake UP!!!" He hollered at Rapidash, gaining absolutely no response apart from mumbling. Sleep Talk manifested again – this time resulting in a Tackle! Sure, Noriko had heard of sleep-talking and sleep-walking and even sleep-slaughtering, but sleep-tackling was starting to stretch a limit of some kind in her head. Despite getting hit and being nearly trampled by Rapidash, Kitty jumped back to using Double Slap…which managed to wake Rapidash up. Noriko swallowed at the sight of an angry Rapidash, bloodshot eyes and everything. Minori, on the other hand, was still sleeping.

“Alright, can’t let this situation get worse…Kitty, use Double Team and then continue with Zen Headbutt!” Noriko turned desperately to Minori. “Minori, you really need to wake up or we’re toast! Use Water Pulse twice! Please!”
__________________

Last edited by kaisap112; 11-05-2012 at 10:49 AM.
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #1020
King Ghidorah
Pokemon Trainer
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post


King Ghidorah

Alongside Kingler and your brand new Venonat, you set out to find info about the mysterious ‘Silver’ character. But first, Kingler and Venonat are in need of some healing. You set off to find a Pokemon Center, and after a few miles of walking, you come across one. Giving the pair to Nurse Joy, she heals them, as you ask her if she knows anything about a red haired boy named Silver. “Oh, yes, I know who you’re talking about. He was here a few hours ago healing his Nidoking. It looked badly damaged. I have no idea what could have happened to it. He left a while ago to the Sky Colosseum, saying that I shouldn’t be surprised if he ends up here again. I bet you could catch up with him, I hear they’re holding a tournament at the Sky Colosseum soon. If you’re lucky, maybe you could go up against him…” You ponder over that for a while before she snaps you out of your trance. “Here are your Pokemon back.” Nurse Joy says as she hands two Pokeballs to you, obviously containing Kingler and Venonat. “Have a nice journey and I hope we see you again!” she replies in the usual Nurse Joy tone. You thank her and take back the Pokemon, still wondering what you should do. You could go, and have a chance at proving to Silver that you are a worthy trainer, or you could stay and see what else Stardust Fields has to offer.

What will you do?


[/color]
Taking the Pokeballs back from Nurse Joy, Hugo still stews over the remarks made to him by Silver. If it’s one thing Hugo hated, it was being condescended to. He was a generally laid back guy, but he could really get fired up when people acted like they were better than him. There was really no reason for that. And while he didn’t particularly care what this Silver character thought of him, he felt that it was time somebody put this punk in his place and knock him down a few notches.

He wandered out of the Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy said that his Nidoking seemed pretty badly hurt. He COULD be defeated, but apparently whoever started couldn’t finish the job.

“Maybe,” Hugo thought. “Maybe if I go to the Sky Coliseum, I can find him and show him who’s boss….just maybe.”

And with that, Hugo headed toward Sky Coliseum.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #1021
Shuckle
Mage of Mind
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Thought and Melody
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rose Arch
Shuckle: The Nidoran looks at your extended hand, expressionless at first, before smiling, crying out happily, "Nya-Nya!" You can see the battle continue with the corner of your eye as you carefully scoop up and hold the Nidoran tight. A crystal coat seems to cover the Ralts as it focuses its energy to create a Light Screen. It isn't long until Fizz starts following your commands, sending a couple of huge rocks towards the Ralts, the first one cracking the protecting shell, and each subsequent rock from the Rock Blast attack cracking it further until the last blast shatters it completely, sending the Ralts back a few feet. The Nidoran seems to have no intention of letting go of you as her head rests on your chest, she seems to be breathing a little heavier than usual. Fizz inhales and spits out a Struggle Bug, the bug energy beam hitting the Ralts right on the face, knocking her to the ground, panting quite hard now. She looks at Fizz and Growls loudly at him still on the ground, but the attack has minimal effect as Fizz begins to glow red, preparing to Bide the following attack. Elize gets up from the ground and charges towards Fizz, concentrating all her energy on her hand as she forms a fist, full of ice energy. "Stop Elize!" He tries to warn his Pokémon in vain, but it is too late and it seems that the Ralts is unwilling to give up or stop from attacking, not without damaging her pride. The Ice Punch hits Fizz right on the head, making it cry out in pain as a cold sensation is sent throughout his body. He looks at the Ralts with anger on his eyes before unleashing a red pulse of energy, sending the same damage Shuckle suffered twofold. The attacks hits the Ralts, knocking her to the ground. She struggles to get up, but seems to have sustained too much damage to continue, dropping to the ground. Level up for Shuckle! "Damn it Elize! Return!" The trainer seems furious as he clips the Pokéball to his belt, "You got lucky this time, don't expect to happen again if we meet!" He quickly runs off fuming, cursing as he runs off...

The Nidoran looks quite happy to be rid of the guy, but it still seems like she needs help to recover her energy back as she looks up to you, a little weak in the eyes and panting. A potion might help her a little, or maybe you can try to look for some help or a Pokémon Center. Fizz also doesn't seem to be doing well as he slowly hobbles back to you...

What will you do now?

Note: I'm going to be using first person present tense from now on as the discontinuity between my third person past tense posts and your updates is getting jarring for me.

"Excellent job there, Fizz! It was a wonderful battle. You performed admirably." I'm a little concerned about him, actually, as we managed to make it a grand 4 feet into the interior of the mysterious Rose Arch Land before Fizz got tired and the poor Nidoran needs shelter and help.

Making a decision influenced in a large part by personal pride, I elect to proceed with the adventure under pretense of trying to find help for the Nidoran. I know in a small back corner of my mind that the safest option would be to leave the Rose Arch, Nidoran in tow, and find shelter and healing elsewhere, but another small part of me resents such an early termination of activities. I'll continue. But I think it would be best to search for some healing hands to assist this Nidoran first...
Shuckle is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 AM   #1022
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
I'll try to update again in the next hour or two if anyone replies, but I'll try update on Friday regardless if I somehow find the time. Otherwise, updates in two weeks.

Comet's Corner
Takeo: "Well, a very big investor wanted to have Pokémon battles with anyone in the world instantly since not everyone has an Abra or teleporting Pokémon. He wanted everyone to be able to do this in your local Pokémon Center, but we also found that you are able to train your Pokémon more effectively, as battles are easier to find. I can bore you with how we first wanted to achieve this, including something that made use of a helmet and movement tracking pads, though it wasn't that successful." He chuckles lightly as he continues, "I finally feel satisfied with what we've achieved. We can put as many wild Pokémon or people in an enclosed location as we want. We have finally been able to transfer a Pokémon's real life abilities into the virtual world successfully, and any experience they gain there, is experience they get in real life. Healing is also instantaneous, with Pokémon regaining their full strength as they are called back to their Pokéball. The testing we are about to have right now is our favorite," Dr. Richards begins to smile widely, just as the machine finishes the healing process, with a sound signifying the end end of it, "The point is to find other trainers and battle them. The victor has to destroy the other person's crystal, that way their Pokémon will not heal and they will be eliminated from the virtual world. You'll see what I mean when you get there. The field will be an almost exact replica of Comet's Corner. Anyway, we'll go over everything again when you are there. But first..." He begins to scramble some papers on a desk nearby, trying to find something in piles of papers. "Here, can you please sign this before we begin, it basically lists everything that can possibly go wrong, including headaches, nausea, soreness and the like, standard in lab testing really." He hands you what is basically a booklet with at least 50 pages in pure text, with 4 post its on the side, and after you try to read anything written there, you eyes begin to hurt with the small text, with the only thing you are able to make out as you flip through the pages is the four:

Please sign here x_____________

"After you sign feel free to get in the capsule and put the Pokéballs of your Pokémon, unless you have more questions. I'll give you one of the crystals I found earlier this time, but you'll have to find your own next time." he says jokingly. The capsule is white, being at least 7 feet tall by 5 feet wide with a chair inside, with cables connected and running across the room, and a similar looking machine than the one you used to heal your Pokémon next to it, where you are suppose to place your Pokéballs.

How will you respond?

"Well, a very big investor wanted to have Pokémon battles with anyone in the world instantly since not everyone has an Abra or teleporting Pokémon. He wanted everyone to be able to do this in your local Pokémon Center, but we also found that you are able to train your Pokémon more effectively, as battles are easier to find. I can bore you with how we first wanted to achieve this, including something that made use of a helmet and movement tracking pads, though it wasn't that successful,"
He chuckled lightly as he continued,
"I finally feel satisfied with what we've achieved. We can put as many wild Pokémon or people in an enclosed location as we want. We have finally been able to transfer a Pokémon's real life abilities into the virtual world successfully, and any experience they gain there, is experience they get in real life. Healing is also instantaneous, with Pokémon regaining their full strength as they are called back to their Pokéball. The testing we are about to have right now is our favorite,"
Dr. Richards began to smile widely,
just as the machine finished the healing process, with a sound signifying the end of it, *Bing*
Hallow quickly walked over to it, retrieving the capsules and placing them back into his pocket,

"The point is to find other trainers and battle them. The victor has to destroy the other person's crystal, that way their Pokémon will not heal and they will be eliminated from the virtual world. You'll see what I mean when you get there. The field will be an almost exact replica of Comet's Corner. Anyway, we'll go over everything again when you are there. But first...,"
He scrambled through some papers on a desk nearby, trying to find something in them,
"Here, can you please sign this before we begin, it basically lists everything that can possibly go wrong, including headaches, nausea, soreness and the like, standard in lab testing really,"
He handed the stack of papers to Hallow,
Hallow stumbled as the weight of booklet nearly made him trip and fall, he placed them on the man's desk,
the stack was basically a booklet with at least 50 pages in pure text, with 4 posts to the side,
Hallow tired to read what was written on there, but with no avail, his eyes started to hurt with the lines of small text, the only thing he was able to make out as he flipped through the pages was the four:

Please sign here x_____________

"After you sign feel free to get in the capsule and put the Pokéballs of your Pokémon, unless you have more questions. I'll give you one of the crystals I found earlier this time, but you'll have to find your own next time." he said jokingly,

Hallow laid the stack of papers on the desk and signed,
With that Dr. Richard handed him a blue crystal, and showed him into the room,
the capsule was white, and was at least 7 feet tall by 5 feet wide with a chair inside, cables were connected and ran across the room,

A similar looking machine than the one Hallow used to heal his Pokémon sat next to the chair, the slots were for the Pokéballs, and another one for the blue crystal,

Hallow sat and took his pack off before taking his most loyal friends he had and placed their pokeballs as well as the crystal into the slots of the machine,

"Ah," he said, "I have one more question, there isn't a possibility of Pokédeath is there?,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 11-03-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 10-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1023
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Apologies for the delay, but here we go: [oprahvoice]Kairne gets an update, OkikuMew gets an update, Fireray gets an update, Gemini Spark gets an update![/oprahvoice]


Delibird Ridge:
Kairne


As you near the pair, the male looks towards the female and nods. She steps back, lifting her Pokeball and releasing a Cubone. The Pokemon dropped to the ground, lifting its bone club, glaring towards you menacingly. The male trainer remained in place to block the path, presumably confident that the Cubone could handle you.

"Sybil. Such a darling little name. Shame you won't be keepin' her." He snickered quietly, lifting a hand, signalling that he wanted you to toss him the Pokeball. "Look, you don't need to get hurt, kid. This is way over your head, and it ain't worth gettin' worked over for. It's just a stupid bird. Trust me when I say we need it more than you do."

The Cubone stood its ground, growling softly, its head lowered. Baudelaire confidently stepped in front of you, seemingly having gotten a second wind.

The hill you stand on is a powder keg, waiting for the spark.

What will you do?
Profile

Kairne kept his facial composure as he watched the woman pull out a Pokeball, the man moving to block his path even more. The Pokeball is thrown, revealing a Cubone to further threaten Kairne's ability to leave the place without mass conflict. Kairne couldn't show fear, couldn't show weakness. What could a Cubone do to him? Good attitude, he told himself. Be confident.

"Sybil. Such a darling little name. Shame you won't be keepin' her". He taunted the druid. "Look, you don't need to get hurt, kid. This is way over your head, and it ain't worth gettin' worked over for. It's just a stupid bird". Kairne's eyes hardened, as he made a decision about what he needed to do. "Trust me when I say we need it more than you do".

The Cubone let out a growl, but Baudelaire stepped out in front of Kairne, red eyes hard as the druid's. He did not take well to his Trainer being threatened, them trying to push him around. Seemingly ready for battle, he steps forward.

"No, Baudelaire", he said. The Gothita looked up at him, questioningly. "If they want Sybil so bad, let's give her to them". His Pokemon looked even more confused than before now. "Return, Baudelaire. Come back over here", He held up the Pokeball he just used to capture the Doduo. "Sybil, show them just how 'stupid' you are", he threw the ball, sending out the newly-caught bird to battle. He reached a hand into his bag to quickly pull out a Potion [1/2], just in case he needed it. Just in case.

"Sybil, start off with a Quick Attack. Follow up by letting out an intimidating Growl. I believe in you".
Slash is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #1024
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,315
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark



The Nuzleaf nodded desperately, firing a stream of high-speed projectile seeds at the unusual shadow, as you cling to the rapidly disintegrating chimney stack, praying for some kind of miracle. The seeds strike home, and do produce a reaction- though it dawns on you all too late that it's not the sort you'd been hoping for. The shadow pulses once more, violently this time, sending out a wave of blackness that envelopes you, Daphne, and the cottage ruins before you so much as have a chance to evade it.

Surrounded by a perfect darkness, only now do you have time to collect your thoughts. You can see nothing- no light, no shapes; nothing at all to orient you to the ground. You notice, in fact, that you can not distinguish spatial proximity to any sort of ground at all- you are floating, or perhaps falling. You attempt to call out to your Pokemon companion, but even as your lips move, you realize no sound escapes. The world has become a pitch black nothingness, empty of all save you.

You bite back on the fear that wells in the back of your mind, trying to force away thoughts of the hopelessness of your situation, when the world suddenly and simply pops back into being...

...sort of. You sit up from where you have apparently fallen prone, and glance around. You are laying on smooth, unblemished stone flooring; in all directions are massive pillars, etched in the same odd symbols that had started your little key hunt. The room is massive, and dark, though there is a faint luminescence about some of the pillars giving off just enough light to see- albeit poorly. Daphne is nowhere to be seen, however, you realize as you pull yourself to your feet.

At least it isn't zombies.


What will you do?
As Hyrem continues to hold onto the chimney, he sees Daphne fire her Bullet Seeds at the hole; he hopes as much as Daphne did that the attack would stop the hole.

That was the last he saw of Daphne.

Darkness. Hyrem found himself unable to see anything. No light. No ground. No hand in front of his face. No Daphne. Nothing.

"Daphne!?" he tries to call out for the Nuzleaf as he was floating... falling... whatever he was doing in that darkness... but he realized he couldn't hear the sound of his own voice. He couldn't even hear anything else either. It even seemed like he couldn't talk because he couldn't feel his own voice call out Daphne. The world was gone. Everything was gone. Hyrem could feel himself all alone. No one else. Just him. No, this can't be right, he thought as he bit his lip, trying to fight that feeling. There has to be someone else! Daphne's here... right?

Then he saw something. He was definitely somewhere now. But it wasn't anywhere he recognized. "Ow..." he moaned as he tried to pick himself up from the floor. Apparently he had fallen here... wherever "here" was. "Where am I?" His hand felt around the floor, and it felt very smooth. He found himself surrounded by pillars illuminated by the strange symbols on it he had seen before. Other than those dim lights, the room was dark.

And there was no sign of Daphne.

"Daphne!?" This time Hyrem could speak. "Daphne!" he shouted out for his Pokemon, looking around the room for any clues as to where she might have gone. The search for the key had become a much lower priority currently; his Pokemon was missing, and he would search all over this other realm to try and find her.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #1025
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – Deciding now is not the time to attempt Doldrum’s liberation, lest Jacob or his shadow detect and/or disapprove of the deception, you stealthily pocket the doll for present. Never mind negotiation – the thought barely even crossed your mind. Perhaps a part of you didn’t wish to destroy what little hope or innocence the boy still possessed. Given the darkness shrouding him, you’re still not quite sure how to deal with his situation. Death is certain, but the circumstances surrounding it are what detain you.

Thus, you seek to discover the answers by resolving Taryn’s request to meet behind the bird show. First, you must deposit Jacob somewhere safe though. Ignoring his curiosity to know what you selected, you steer him through the crowd, towards the benches in the back, and induce him to have a seat. Fortunately, the flocks of colors flying overhead fascinate fast, and you leave him wide-eyed on the resting with your teammates to guard him. Yet, you can still feel eyes from the shadows stalking you as you slip quietly through the stands. Its suspicion is enough to apparently make it take to the air, blending in seamlessly with the performers as it keeps a watch on all areas from above – including behind the set. Jacob claps with delight, unaware of either of your secret missions, not to mention mutual distrust. Sighing, you accept the unwanted supervision and duck solemnly behind the stage…

The woman in white is waiting there, as promised. She brightens to your approach.

“Hi, I hoped you’d come.” She smiles shyly as she tents her fingers before her face, seeming to want to set some things straight. “I guess I should start by apologizing for calling you out earlier. I never forget a face, see. So when I saw you, I remembered you were also at the Hero’s Festival in Fizzytopia. You were one of the volunteers, weren’t you? I know because I was part of the medical team who treated them. You might not have noticed me among the other nurses, I was working mostly with another young woman who injured her ankle. I advised her against going, but old Frosty scolded me…”

Her lips form an expression between a genuine frown and a playful pout. She then looks up as if just remembering your presence, locking eyes again. “Sorry, I tend to ramble a bit. Anyway, I was glad to see you were all right. Now that things are peaceful, I thought I’d invite you to play for fun. That’s all. Plus, you missed out on my game before, right? Left me for that catty Billy-May.” She shakes her finger and sticks out her tongue, indicating the lightness of her accusation.

She then softly lowers her hand, angling her gaze slightly around your side to confirm the absence of anyone else. Brushing some stray hair back behind her bun, she continues on to the subject you’ve both been anticipating and avoiding.

“After the last convoy left, I was called to help out at the hospital. The staff there was overworked. There were a bunch of kids who needed to be looked after, many of whom had lost their parents, either in the crowd or as a result of the destruction. That boy- his name is Jacob, right? He was one of them. His father was found earlier, pinned under a broken building. There was nothing we could do. I… I spoke to him before he passed though. Told me next week was ‘his boy’s birthday’. He wanted to take his kid to the Cloud Garden where his late wife grew up to see the Sky Fair, but they couldn’t afford the trip. So to celebrate early they came to the festival in Fizzytopia since entrance at least was free for all the residents… It was apparently his child’s first time being at anything close to a birthday party, even if it was hosted by someone else… But instead of having fun… That… Happened…”

She sighs, shoulders slacking. She then hands you an old, wrinkled photo, which describes a smiling man and woman, and holding hands between them: a smaller and slightly cleaner version of the boy you’ve been accompanying.

“His father gave me this right before he died. It’s how I was able to recognize Jacob at the hospital. When I told him about his dad – I had to let him know someone would be coming to take him to an orphanage eventually – he didn’t seem to react… I couldn’t console or keep an eye on him though, there were so many patients to tend to. Later, when child services arrived on the scene, he was nowhere to be found. I should’ve watched him more closely…”

She hangs her head, and you can tell years of harsh medical service (half-spent in places of perhaps even greater horror than what you both saw that day) haven’t hardened her sense of sympathy or self-reproach.

“I heard he died a week later, wandering around the Sky Gate just as they were setting up for the annual fair. How he crossed the desert by himself and made it to the Cloud Garden in that short span of time I have no idea. Nurse Joy found him, dehydrated and emaciated, and brought him to the Center after he fainted. But by then it was too late. She didn’t know where he came from and the police of course had no idea (plus they were probably preoccupied with more “important” matters than a poor lost boy) so she called my colleague Mike and me for advice. I had a feeling it was him, so I came as fast as I could to identify the body. When I told the story to our organization’s director, Mr. Luft, he offered to pay on behalf of the U.U.A. (when really it was out of his own pocket since the rest of our funds were devoted to helping the city’s restoration) to have him buried in Memory Lane, next to his mother. As it turns out, she had wealthy relatives here who agreed to airlift her ashes after she died, but they wanted nothing to do with her husband and son since she married into a lower class – literally, in these folks’ opinions. Some people…”

Taryn stops and takes a deep breath. “Sorry to unload all this information on you. I don’t know what the situation is, but I hope it at least helps in some way.”

How will you respond?
It was a long tale to tell, but Shadow appreciated the crucial input from the veteran social worker. Taryn had given him the story that Jacob was unwilling to tell him, and it gave enough background for Shadow to understand what was going on. The Sky Fair and its association with Drifloon was likely the reason why Doldrum had been kidnapped in the first place, and the Murkrow had to settle for the next best alternative as Shadow had presumed.

At this point Shadow paused for thought. The information was helpful, but how could he use this in negotiation with the Murkrow? The terms of the uneasy agreement between remained ultimately unclear as to whether Sector Shadow had fulfilled its obligations. And what of Jacob himself? Would he be able to move on at all, more so since the group had not yet devised a way to explain the truth to him?

Shadow warily glanced sideways, more of an indication to the escorting Darkness bird that he was fully aware of the conditions the group was in. On the plus side and an important note, Taryn had not exposed the plan for what it was, having known who Jacob was and empathised with him. The solution was clear - without sufficient knowledge as to how to proceed there really was only one option. Shadow wished he could openly call out to the Murkrow, but the situation was not the best to possibly call attention to himself given the presence of a nearby crowd. He could only glare upwards, attempting to silently scream "I'm only doing this to help, you know" at the Murkrow before addressing Taryn.

"I can't thank you enough for you telling me this, Taryn. Truth be told, we're in a bit of a situation as we speak," explains Shadow. "My team was attacked by a flock of Murkrow while we were on Rainbow Road, and they abducted my Drifloon and gave him to Jacob as a birthday gift. I'm here as a compromise so Jacob can visit the Sky Fair as his father intended to do for him, but we've hit a brick wall so to speak. I'm under monitoring by one of the Murkrow to see that we don't attempt anything funny, but I don't know how we're all going to make it out of this if at all. Jacob thinks that my Drifloon is really his gift and I'm not sure if he's aware of what's really happened - or how we're going to explain things to him, and swap out my Drifloon for the doll we'd just won.

"I know this is a lot to ask of someone... but I think we won't be able to do this without your help. You've known Jacob in the past and, if memory serves, your organisation has some experience when it comes to Flying-types. I'm hoping you can help us in negotiations between Jacob and his new caretakers. If you could help us help Jacob move on for the better we'd all be extremely grateful."
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.