UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #951
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Note to all my updatees: Stealing what tau said above *points up* but also remember, the more effort you put into your replies, the better the reward will be in the end of your adventures. And if I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now. =p

Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
Maxwell's claws begin to glow, his attack being raised a little by the Hone Claws. The Geodude lunges at Maxwell again, hitting the aquatic weasel with Tackle. Maxwell gets thrown back by the attack, but composes himself and lunges at the Geodude himself, Rock Smashing the Geodude. The Geodude cries out in pain, rubbing his head where the Rock Smash made contact, before grabbing another rock near him, and using it to Rock Throw it at Maxwell. The rock flies towards him at too high a speed, hitting Maxwell right on his body and sending the weasel flying back with the rock before rolling on the ground. Maxwell seems to be getting tired as he begins to pant, but not before rushing towards the Geodude again. Panic sets in on the Geodude, who begins to glow a bright light color as he starts to use Explosion, but defuses unable to finish his attack, rolling to its back, KO'ed as Maxwell's Rock Smash hits it dead on the head again. Level up for Buizel! The little girl cheers for you as the Geodude lays on the floor, blowing a raspberry at the Geodude, before looking around with her Vulpix, "Pixie! Help me look for it! I don't know where I dropped it!" The Vulpix nods at her trainer before sniffing around for whatever the girl lost....

How will you respond?


James couldn’t contain his excitement. “AWW YEAH! WE DID IT!” He screamed out, and Maxwell did the Buizel equivalent of a face palm. “Yeah, I know. Return for now Maxwell, you need a break.” James said, and returned him to his pokéball. He then glanced over at the Geodude. He hated to leave him there defenseless. In a snap decision, he pulled out a Pokéball [2/5] from his bag (With a bit of rummaging about) and tapped it against the Geodude’s head/body. He was sucked into it, and James set it down for it to decide if it wanted to come or not.

“So what are you looking for?” James asked, looking through his bag again. He decided that when this adventure was done, he would try to organize it. “I might have a pokémon who can help... If I could just find his pokéball…” And on the last word, he found it- a slightly worn out pokéball, but not from his own hands. He tossed it up into the air, and with a flash of light, a purple and green moth appeared. “Perfect. Severus, mind looking around the area for what this girl here is missing?” James asked, and the Dustox flew around a bit to look. “And one last thing. What would your name happen to be? I’m James.” He said, zipping up his bag and swinging it onto his back.
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #952
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Thrain: Steven slows down slightly, frantically taking a look at his surroundings, trying to see if he can tell you your exact location, "Well, uhhhh, we are....well..." His eyes light up as you continue to run, "We are near the Pokémon Center! Look!" he says, completely relieved that you will not be spider food just yet. The Pokémon Center seems as bright as ever, with a Pokéball light shining above the entrance. Taking a look back, the spiders still seem to be coming at full speed, headed straight for the Center! The doors automatically slide open as soon as you are both near the entrance of the Pokémon Center. You run in with Steven, and see with four large couches with a few trainers resting on them, and a large bookshelf right next to the entrance, just as tall as the door and twice the length of the door. "What's wrong?" the nurse asks from behind the counter, "You both seem like you've seen a ghost! Are you guys okay?"

How will you respond?

Pondering Eric's question, Steven slowed his pace and began to look around the surrounding area. The trees and fauna all appeared the same as ever to Eric, but Steven seemed to notice some unique feature to the environment. Gesturing you to run faster still, he pointed to a clearing a few hundred yards through the forest, obscured by a throng of trees. "We are near the Pokémon Centre! Look!" he cried in excitement. As they advanced closer to the clearing, Eric could distinguish the shape of a building among the towering brambles. Putting on a burst of speed, the duo managed to slip inside the familiar building before the herd of Ariados caught up to them. Eric could still hear the stampede clear as day: the skitter-skitter of the Ariados' pincers was quite prominent in the eerily quiet forest. That's odd, Eric thought to himself. This forest is never this quiet.

Pushing open the glass doors, Eric finally stopped to catch his breath. Trainers and Pokémon alike were gathered on the couches and tables that made up much of the Centre; behind a counter, Nurse Joy stood conversing with a young boy. As soon as she saw Steven and Eric, she stopped talking to the client, concern clear upon her face. The hum of talk within the room decreased drastically as the other trainers noticed the pair as well. They all listened intently as Nurse Joy began to question the two. "What's wrong?" she asked. "You both seem like you've seen a ghost! Are you guys okay?"

Stepping forward, Eric shook his head and pointed out into the clearing. Gulping air into his depleted lungs, he explained the situation. "There's an entire herd of Ariados charging towards the Centre. Steven and I were originally traveling here to pick up supplies for the other Centre in the forest, but we were jumped by a group of spiders. For some reason, a wave of these Pokémon chased us here. We have to act fast." Noticing a wide bookshelf positioned next to the glass doors, Eric raced over and began to push it towards the entrance. Noticing the trainer's stunned, startled looks, he gestured frantically for help. "Come on, don't just sit there. Help me blockade the door. This is a real emergency!"


Thrain is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #953
uhhhhh
Cat Burglar
 
uhhhhh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Metaverse
Posts: 1,466
Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
The Rose Arch

uhhhhh


You decide to take up the mystery woman on your offer, as you head north towards the Pokemon Training Institute. After thirty minutes, you think you should have already been there. You grab a compass from you bag, and you soon realize that you have been heading east the entire time! Your horribly terrible sense of direction had gotten you into yet another mess. You sigh and decide that it would be a waste of time to go back, and you continue exploring the eastern parts of the Rose Arch, coming across a huge temple, surrounded by red roses on one side, and blue roses on the other. The temple itself bears a resemblance to the Taj Mahal, though it is tinted spring green and has a wonderful scent emanating from it. You feel compelled to enter, so you do and discover a path of roses inside, with a Whimsicott playing around in it. The walls of the temple are spring green as well, though they only have glass roses hanging from them as decorations. Due the overwhelming amount of roses, you sneeze and the Whimsicott notices you. It begins to float away as fast as it can, and you chase it. It turns down a hall before you can catch it, and you trip over something. You turn around to the roses wrapping around your legs and growing quickly, the thorns hurting you every moment.

What will you do?
Thirty minutes later, Connor is now starting to wonder if that Pokemon Training Institute the woman was talking about was within sight. "That's weird... it shouldn't take me this long to get there, right?" Connor thought as Gaspard and Sylvester walked alongside him. He decided to get a compass from his bag, "Please don't tell me I've been going in the wrong direction again..." Sylvester is wondering what his new trainer was doing and Gaspard explaining to him about their trainer's poor sense of direction. "GAH! You mean to tell me I've been heading east this whole time?!" Gaspard sighed while Sylvester couldn't help but laugh at his trainer's quirk as Connor yelled at the compass.

"Well guys, no point going back now huh? Shame, I really wanted to check it out," the photographer sighed as the trio continued heading eastward. They eventually reached a huge temple, reminiscent of the Taj Mahal except greener, with red and blue roses around it and emanating a attractive scent. Connor was amazed at the structure and started pointing his camera everywhere to take good shots. "Wow... this kind of place exists in this area? I didn't know! Looks like a great place to be taking shots, come on Gaspard, Sylvester!"

Once Connor, Gaspard, and Sylvester were both inside, Connor was even more amazed at the place as he snapped a few more photos while Gaspard and Sylvester were both in awe at the structure as well, "Huh, there sure are a lot of roses around here... hm?" he stopped as he spotted a Whimsicott with his camera, "What is that...?" he grabbed his Pokedex to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Whimsicott, the Windveiled Pokemon. They appear along with whirlwinds. They pull pranks, such as moving furniture and leaving balls of cotton in homes.
"Whimsicott huh? They sure look quite ado... ha..." Connor stopped as he began to feel the need to sneeze due to the many roses around him. "Ha... HA... HACHOOOOOO!" he sneezed rather loudly as the sound echoed towards the hall and the Whimsicott notices him and runs away. "Ah, wait! I'm not here to harm y-OW!" the photographer tripped. Gaspard and Sylvester turn around, surprised to see what tripped their trainer. "Owowow... what was th---huh?!"

As if the sneeze triggered some sort of alarm on the temple, the roses surrounding him was now wrapping around his leg, growing quickly as they seemed intent on surrounding its captive in them. Connor could feel the thorns hurting him by the second. He had to think fast, "Gaspard, Sylvester, help me out here! Both of you, use Fury Swipes to get rid of the roses!"
__________________



WF
Fitz/Siobahn



Spoiler: show
FB

PASBL

uhhhhh is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #954
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Note to all my updatees: Stealing what tau said above *points up* but also remember, the more effort you put into your replies, the better the reward will be in the end of your adventures. And if I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now. =p
Cloud Forest
biggggg5: The Beedrill struggles to free itself from the string around its body, using Cut on a large part of the string, making them fall to the ground. Just as the string is swiped by the attack, Hotstuff sends a Heat Wave at the Beedrill, making it falter in the air as it is hit. The Beedrill tries to rush in as quickly as possible for a Fury Attack, but is met with another Heat Wave, screeching in agony. After the second wave passes, the Beedrill stays afloat for a second, it's head lowered, before falling to the ground, unable to gather more energy to continue. Level up for Charmander! "Yay! We did it!" the girl says, lifting Pandora into her arms and swinging her around, with panic on the Caterpie's face.

After a few seconds of celebration she then focuses once again, "Okay, now that that's taken care of. What was I saying before?" She looks at her map once again, while the Nuzleaf slowly gets up from the ground, looking better after taking the earlier attack with the Potion helping as well. It then looks at both of you in confusion, as if to ask what two humans are doing here...
"Alright!" Big shouts "Great job Hotstuff!" He gives the little fire type a hi-five and applies the 2nd of 5 potions to him."I can't believe you are already at level 6 and you were at 5 a little while ago!" Big then recalls the little fire-type to his pokeball and turns to the Nuzleaf. "Hi, we aren't here to cause any trouble we are just looking for something." He says in his gentlest voice. "We wont hurt anything on purpose." Big turns back to Krys. "Great job on the string shots you two. Anyway didnt you say something about a river to west or something?" Big kneels back to the grass type. "Maybe you can lead us there, huh?"
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 10-04-2012 at 08:10 AM.
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #955
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Note to all my updatees: Stealing what tau said above *points up* but also remember, the more effort you put into your replies, the better the reward will be in the end of your adventures. And if I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now. =p

Comet's Corner

Takeo:
The Ekans seems to be desperate trying to make eye contact, Leering at Grace, who seems too busy to make direct eye contact as she begins to run towards the Ekans once again, covered in what seems like a fire cacoon. The Ekans is once again pushed away as she is tackled with the Flame Charge, taking a small dip in its health as it is hit, but more importantly, it seems like the Ekans is now suffering from burn damage. That still doesn't stop it from retaliating with another set of Poison Sting, each of the purple pins disappearing after making contact. Grace sends a bunch of small flames towards the Ekans, the Ember taking even more health away from the Ekans. Grace then begins to Dig, not giving a chance to the Ekans to attack it again, disappearing into the ground, though it seems like the Ekans learned from its past mistake, by staying still and calm, trying to feel where Grace is. The Ekans must feel the ground beneath it shake as it tries to get away after a few seconds, though unable to fully dodge the attack as it is sent flying to its side, rolling a few feet and having taken damage from the attack. The Ekans seems to be struggling a bit as it gets up, the attacks clearly taking a toll on its health, with it also bursting into flames as the burn damage takes effect. Grace is not doing that much better either, panting slightly with her energy usage...

What will you do now?
The Ekans seemed to be desperately trying to make eye contact, Leering at Grace, who was too busy to notice for it to work, she began to sprint towards the Ekans once more, covered in what seemed to be a fire like cacoon.

Ekans was once again pushed away as it was tackled with Flame Charge, striking a blow and taking a small dip in it's health,

Ekans was now suffering from an after effect typical caused by fire type or fire type moves, burn. Burn was one of the five major status ailments that pokemon suffered in battle, genuinely burned victim's would suffer a lose of health and have their strength halved,

but that didn't stop Ekans, returning with another set of Poison Sting's, each of the purple pins disappearing after making contact.
Grace sent a cluster of small flames towards the Ekans, the Ember taking even more health away from it.

Grace began to Dig, not giving Ekans a chance to attack again, disappearing into the ground, this time was different, the snake had learned its lesson,
there it stood shutting it's eyes as if to heighten its other sense's,
quiet and clam, it tired to feel where Grace was going to attack from next.
The Ekans must of felt the ground beneath it shake as it tried desperately to slither away,
unable to fully dodge the attack,
Ekans was once again sent flying, smacking the ground, and taking damage from the impact,

The Ekans seemed to be struggling a bit as it tried to get up, the attacks clearly taking a toll on it's health, with it also bursting into flames as the burn damage took effect.
"Ekanssssss...,"

Hallow looked at Grace who wasn't doing that much better either, panting slightly with her energy usage...
"Vul...,"

Hallow Grit his teeth so hard they might have broke,
Is this all I can do, yell out order's and hope to Arceus that it will all work out?, frustrated he thought,
Grace, in this condition,... and Ekans,...
they are both to close in levels of strength that anyone move could tilt the balance of this,


Grace was low on energy, he had to go with a strong attack that didn't drown out too much of her strength,
"Grace this is it, the finish line, and what do you do when you see the finish line?!," he asked, trying to motivate her,
"Vul!,"
"That's right!, you finish strong!, hit it with 3 consecutive Ember's!,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #956
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Fountain Garden:

OkikuMew:


You watch Rawk fly off, your hands balling into fists. You're filled with an almost overwhelming nervous energy, and for the moment, all thoughts of Pokemon capturing are driven from your mind. You watch on as the brave Starly made a beeline for the apparent near-drowning victim.

You freeze as you see Rawk near the source of the disturbance, and after only a moment, see him begin stuggling his way back to shore. Clutching the back of a white coat. You make a dash for the side of the lake, dropping to your knees and leaning forward, stretching out an arm to grab the poor person when they get closer. Rawk is having issues with the persons size, but seems to proud to give up even temporarily to go find an easier way.

After several anxious moments of struggling, the person is close enough for you to grab. Your hand clenches their wrist as Rawk lets go and hovers expectantly overhead; and you haul the sopping wet man onto the shoreline where he collapses, coughing and sputtering.

He appears to be some kind of scientist or lab assistant, draped as he was in the familiar white coat, and seemed to be an older man, bespectacled and gray of hair. He looks up at you through his very much askew glasses, and asks:

"Did you... did you see which way he went?"

What will you do?
After I directed Rawk to get the person on the lake, he immediately follows my words. I really hope that guy's ok, and if Rawk can help him out... Soon after my Starly arrives near the person, he quickly grabs his coat and drags him up towards me. So he is not ok! I run to the side of the lake nearest to the two, and I get on my knees and stretch out so I could catch him as soon as he comes to chore... and relieve Rawk of his hard delivery. Speaking of him, my Starly seems to really have a hard time moving him (his clothes filled with water probably doesn't help), but he does all he can to not look like he's struggling. After a good while, Rawk finally brings the old and very scientific-looking man into my arms, looking very tired but holding himself up to appear he didn't break a sweat.

"Nicely done, Rawk!" I congratulate him.

I carefully put down the man on the ground to his side and, having a bit of first aid knowledge, did a quick evaluation of his health. For someone that looked like he was drowning, he looks ok, although understandably coughing heavily.

"Are you alright?" I ask him as I lightly tap his back.

"Did you..." he mumbles, "did you see which way he went?"

I blink a few times, surprised of his first words to me, and find it strange that he's more worried about something else than himself.

"Err, I'm sorry sir, I honestly don't know who or what you're talking about..." I scratch the back of my head. "The only living things I saw since arriving here in Cloud Garden was the captain of the ferry, my Starly who picked you up, Rawk," the bird proudly squawks upon hearing his name and his exploit, "and yourself. ...What exactly are you looking for? And... what happened to you, sir?"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-16-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Changed Okiku's questions to the scientist.
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #957
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,307
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You stand, alone now, clutching the diary of a madman. You walk towards the makeshift tent and drop to sit on an overturned log near the entrance, cracking open the journal to a page near the beginning.

You skim more than read, as the first entries are mundane notes on lab experiments and work schedules. However, you pause on one page a bit farther in, recognizing a small doodle in the corner- it was one of the same symbols on the scraps of paper that had led you to this spot.

Your eyes scan down to the text below, and you begin to read of a small group of scientists who had apparently had the same idea as you- gain entrance to the Forbidden Garden. You grin to yourself, the oddity of a frightened man in the woods momentarily forgotten as you read through the notes assembled for you.

Drawing heavily from folklore and local rumor, apparently the researchers had decided to seek one of two locations outside the wall that supposedly had some connection to the keys- one was an ancient structure, a building perhaps used to house one or more of the keys.

The next page is missing, the page containing the location of the other potential hiding spot for the keys. You frown, but realize at least you have one destination- there was a crudely drawn map on the page, leading you around the wall towards a point marked with a simple:

'key???'

What will you do?
Hyrem starts reading this mysterious journal, and there's all sorts of things like reports on lab experiments, work schedules, other notes... Boring! Let's fast forward a little! Skim, skim, skim- AHA! That doodle was familiar, it was the same drawing Hyrem had found on one of the papers on the ground! The text below it must've been significant, so he decided to take a look at it.

So apparently there was this group of scientists who were also trying to get into the Forbidden Garden. My guess? They weren't successful. Hyrem must've also guessed this because he started grinning, now engrossed in this journal and forgetting all about who it belonged to. Anyway, based off of rumors and folk tales, the scientists figured out two locations to look, one of them being some sort of ruins supposed to have at least one key in it. But was it right, and would the map accompanying it actually take Hyrem to these ruins?

The next page was missing, possibly among the papers Hyrem picked up, but he decided to focus on trying to obtain the first key. He would worry about trying to figure out the other locations later. "All right, let's see if this map gets me somewhere!" he says to himself before standing up and walking in the direction of the place indicated by the map: around the wall, and possibly to the first key... he hoped.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #958
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau

Fireray

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Gemini Spark

Your update will be posted soon, No need to worry.

The Fountain Garden:

OkikuMew


The man pushes himself up into a sitting position, removing his glasses. He makes a futile attempt to clean them on the front of his coat, only managing to smear them more on the damp fabric. He replaces the glasses with an exasperated sigh and looks to you once more, shaking his head wearily. "A young man in black. I was, I was doing my weekly check of the pH balances in these..." He waved a hand in the general direction of the lake, still seemingly out of breath.

You reach out and take his hand, helping the poor scientist to his feet. He bows his head politely, fishing a ruined business card out of his pocket and thrusting it into your hands.

"Rude of me to skip introductions, quite rude; I'm Doctor Kaku. I'm, ehh, a specialist in the, in the, habitat and environment studies of water-type Pokemon, you see," he says, breathing heavily, his hands clutching the front of his coat. "I was doing a routine check on this lake, when I noticed a, a quite peculiar young man who seemed to be holding down a Poliwag, I believe it was. I called out for him to stop, and I tried to intervene, but the fellow grabbed me! He pushed me right into the lake, and ran off! I-I may be a water-pokemon specialist, but I am not a strong swimmer, you see, I, I entered this field as a way of... facing my, my fear, I suppose you would say, yes?" He coughs once more, covering his mouth and nose with one hand.

[i]"Oh, but I am, I am rambling I... say! You are a trainer, are you? Would you mind terribly, chasing that young fellow down? He had a peculiar electronic gizmo with him, and I fear he may have been hurting that poor Poliwag! Would, would you try to find the fellow for me..? Perhaps we can get this lad into custody, before another innocent pokemon is mistreated! He, he ran off... in that direction, I believe, yes..."[/i}

The Doctors voice trails off, as he points vaguely Northwest of where you now stand.

"Or, um, was it... was it more..." He turns, facing almost due East, frowning slightly.

What will you do?



Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


Time slows as your eyes lock on the Pokeball, the red and white orb spinning through the air. Baudelaire lowers his head, remaining battle-ready should the worst happen; electricity still crackling off of it's body.

The ball strikes the severely weakened Doduo, cracking open, emitting a blinding flash of crimson light. When it cleared, the bird Pokemon was gone, and the Pokeball fell to the ground with a dull thud. Your fists clenched tightly as you watched, pouring all of your willpower into keeping that pokemon captured.

The ball shakes. Once... twice...

The button in the center flashes, and the ball lies still.

Congratulations! You've successfully captured a Lv. 5 Doduo!

Baudelaire gains 1 level!


Your lips form the ghost of a smile, and Baudelaire nods his head, as though he'd been assured of his victory before the battle even began. You step nearer, kneeling to pick up your newly captured Pokemon, when you hear the sound of boots crunching in loose stone behind you.

"Heh. Nice one, kid. Now hand it over."

"Nice and slow though- try anything fancy, you're gettin' off this mountain the quick way, follow?"

You pick up the pokeball, not phased by the threat, and stand, slowly turning to face the two who had addressed you and Baudelaire. One man and one woman, you would guess early to mid thirties. They were dressed in some form of camouflage you were unfamiliar with, but wore no other insignia or identification. They each hand a single visible pokeball with them, and had positioned themselves to block the path you'd made in your ascension of the hill.

What will you do?
tau is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #959
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


Time slows as your eyes lock on the Pokeball, the red and white orb spinning through the air. Baudelaire lowers his head, remaining battle-ready should the worst happen; electricity still crackling off of it's body.

The ball strikes the severely weakened Doduo, cracking open, emitting a blinding flash of crimson light. When it cleared, the bird Pokemon was gone, and the Pokeball fell to the ground with a dull thud. Your fists clenched tightly as you watched, pouring all of your willpower into keeping that pokemon captured.

The ball shakes. Once... twice...

The button in the center flashes, and the ball lies still.

Congratulations! You've successfully captured a Lv. 5 Doduo!

Baudelaire gains 1 level!


Your lips form the ghost of a smile, and Baudelaire nods his head, as though he'd been assured of his victory before the battle even began. You step nearer, kneeling to pick up your newly captured Pokemon, when you hear the sound of boots crunching in loose stone behind you.

"Heh. Nice one, kid. Now hand it over."

"Nice and slow though- try anything fancy, you're gettin' off this mountain the quick way, follow?"

You pick up the pokeball, not phased by the threat, and stand, slowly turning to face the two who had addressed you and Baudelaire. One man and one woman, you would guess early to mid thirties. They were dressed in some form of camouflage you were unfamiliar with, but wore no other insignia or identification. They each hand a single visible pokeball with them, and had positioned themselves to block the path you'd made in your ascension of the hill.

What will you do?
Profile

Kairne watches as the ball sails towards the double-headed bird, light enveloping its body as it's forced into the ball. It starts to shake, and Kairne's heart almost skips a beat. It shakes again, and his heart almost stops. He focuses on the flashing red light in the centre of the ball. And it stops, lying still on the terrain. Kairne can't help but crack as smile as he walks over to the ball. His Gothita looks stronger, too, he can tell.

The gravel behind him starts to crunch as he kneels down, and he hears a voice speak,"Heh. Nice one, kid. Now hand it over."

Another voice speaks afterwards, "Nice and slow though- try anything fancy, you're gettin' off this mountain the quick way, follow?"

Not showing any sign of weakness, Kairne picks up the Doduo and adds her to his belt, his third ever Pokemon. No way is he going to give her up. "I'll name you Sybil," he said to the ball softly, before turning around to look at tis new threat.

They were wearing some of camouflage, but what kind Kairne just couldn't tell. They seemed much older than him, but he hoped he could use the fact that he looked around their age to bluff his way through them, put up a facade. Using his peripherals to look for an alternate escape, but not seeing anything (then again, he thought to himself, my eyesight isn't the best, either). He knew his Baudelaire was a little tired out, and his new Doduo wasn't in the best shape, either, but he knew they'd have to be enough if it came to it.

He steeled his nerves. Time to put on a show, he said to himself. He walked towards them, calm-faced. "I'm not handing her over," he said simply. "And you're about to move out of my way." He walked closer to them, not showing any weakness, hoping to bluff them just long enough to slip by.
Slash is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #960
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #53 (September 17, 2012)

Note to updatees: I'll try to update twice tomorrow, once around 7 PM Fizzy Bubbles time and the next one after midnight.

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Comet's Corner
YDT:
Look back here.

Takeo: Grace uses Ember towards the Ekans, the small flames hitting the snake, making it hiss when the multiple of the flames stay on its body. The snake slowly raises its head, sending another set of Poison Sting at Grace, only this time, after the pins disappear, Grace seems slightly sick as poison now courses through her body, taking health away extremely slowly. Grace manages to spit out another Ember attack at the Ekans, hitting it with the flames once again, taking health away from the Ekans, panting heavily now, with Grace being only slightly better. The Ekans tries to Leer at Grace, but doesn't make the eye contact necessary for it to work, as Grace charges her next attack. Another barrage of small fireballs are sent to the Ekans, this time the Ember seems to be slower and less intense than the last two, probably because of the consecutive use of Embers. The attack still manages to take a bit of health from the Ekans, before succumbing to the burn damage for the round, bursting into flames. The Ekans falls completely motionless, tongue sticking out its mouth, KO'ed. Level up for Vulpix! "Ugh, still nothing," the researcher grumbles, finally noticing the KO'ed snake, "What happened here?" he asks, confused at what he is seeing, before shrugging, "Nevemind, since there is nothing here, shall we move to the next area?"

How will you respond?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: The Karrablast almost bursts into tears as you mention "trainer". Min slowly approaches the Karrablast, offering to heal it with Softboiled, and while the Karrablast is still uneasy around your group, it agrees, with the Softboiled taking effect immediately, healing it quite nicely. Both Opal and Karrablast start to chatter among themselves, with you staring at them as they comminicate in a completely different language, until Opal seems shocked and appalled at something the Karrablast tells it, which makes the Karrablast sniffle as it continues to talk with Opal. Christian slowly walks over and kneels down slowly, pain taking over his face as he does, but he manages to do it. "Mind if I take a look?" Christian points to the Pokéball the Karrablast is holding, in a sweet, calm voice. While the Karrablast is reluctant at first, it finally decides to give the Pokéball to Christian, "Is this your Pokéball?" He asks the Karrablast, with it responding with a sniffle and a nod. "I see..." Christian tries to enlarge the ball, but it doesn't seem to be working. "It seems like someone released this Karrablast..." Christian says in a somber tone. Ruby sniffs the Karrablat and barks at the Karrablast, scaring the Karrablast as it takes a few steps back, "Ruby! It's scared, don't barks at it." Petting Ruby as she whines while signaling towards the Karrablast..."Well it seems it was abandoned, who knows by who..." Ruby continues to sniff the Karrablast, whining a little while raising her paw at it. "Should we try to take it with us? It doesn't seem like it has anyone else after being abandoned..."

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: The trainers and nurse are immobilized for a second, not sure whether to believe you or not. It takes them a few seconds to register the rumbling noise that grows louder by the second before jumping to help you. Two trainers help you and Steven push the bookshelf, while two other trainers help by pulling it from the other side. It takes a few seconds, but the bookshelf seems to be in a good position, blocking the door for now, though it is hard to tell for how long it'll be able to hold off the spiders. "Wait, what do you mean pick up supplies for the other Pokémon Center? You mean the one we just sent supplies to a few days ago? We sent them enough for at least week if not two..." The nurse seems quite concerned at what you told her. "And now what is this about the Pokémon chasing you here, to a Pokémon Center? Why would spiders chase you here?" It seems like nobody has the answers right now, except the spiders, whose presence is now felt as the ground shakes slightly, with the sound of pincers right outside the door blocked by the bookshelf. Suddenly you begin to hear something scratching metal above you, and you look up, and see a rather large rectangular metal air duct above you, and it seems something is walking through it, with it leading to the back of the Pokémon Center...

What will you do?

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: "Yes! We were suppose to go west towards a river. You wouldn't happen to know any nearby rivers would you Nuzleaf?" The Nuzleaf quickly answer, "Nuz-Nuz-Leaf!" pointing to it left before setting off and signaling you to follow it. "Great, it knows where the river is!"

After following the Nuzleaf for a short distance, you start to hear water, until you finally see and reach the river. The sparkling blue water flows this river, with it being a little over 20 feet wide. "Okay, we are suppose to go upstream and towards a lake, then we will reach the first checkpoint." Krys says, as you then set off to follow the river.

The walk upstream is rather uneventful, with the Nuzleaf trailing you and Krys. After half an hour of walking you finally reach the first checkpoint. "Alright, we need to find something in the shape of a Machamp..." Everyone starts to look around, including the Nuzleaf that still hasn't left your side. The Nuzleaf finally calls everyone, "Nuz-Nuz-Leaf!" "Big! Nuzleaf found something over there!" You head over to the Nuzleaf, and see a brown block on the floor in front of the Nuzleaf. "Look, it is a Machamp tablet!" Krys says, excitement filling her voice. "Good job Nuzleaf!" The Nuzleaf grins as he sees you both happy. "Okay, supposively, we are suppose to show something or do something for the tablet to do something. This one is of Machamp. I think it has to do something with strength!" She says, pushing you towards the tablet. "Go ahead, show the tablet your strength!" Keys say, in an almost mocking voice...

How will you respond?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
The ball shakes violently on the ground for a few seconds, until you hear a sound as the Pokéball settles down and locks itself. Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 6 Geodude! The little girl giggles as she hears your name. "That's funny! My name is Jamie!" Pixie continues to sniff around the area. "I was looking around this area to catch a Dwebble, but that mean Geodude attacked us out of nowhere. I'm actually looking for the ball I'm suppose to use to catch it with..." She continues to look around some more. "It is a Bug Ball actually." "Vul-Vul!" Pixie exclaims as she runs back to her trainer, with a round green ball on her mouth. "Thanks Pixie! Thank you too!" she says to you, "I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't for you..." She then bends down next to her Vulpix, and takes the ball from her mouth as she pets her affectionately. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a Dwebble, would you? Actually, you seem nice, would you like to help me find a Dwebble? Pretty please?" The little girl looks at you with puppy eyes on her face...

How will you respond?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #961
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Note to updatees: I'll try to update twice tomorrow, once around 7 PM Fizzy Bubbles time and the next one after midnight.

Comet's Corner

Takeo: Grace uses Ember towards the Ekans, the small flames hitting the snake, making it hiss when the multiple of the flames stay on its body. The snake slowly raises its head, sending another set of Poison Sting at Grace, only this time, after the pins disappear, Grace seems slightly sick as poison now courses through her body, taking health away extremely slowly. Grace manages to spit out another Ember attack at the Ekans, hitting it with the flames once again, taking health away from the Ekans, panting heavily now, with Grace being only slightly better. The Ekans tries to Leer at Grace, but doesn't make the eye contact necessary for it to work, as Grace charges her next attack. Another barrage of small fireballs are sent to the Ekans, this time the Ember seems to be slower and less intense than the last two, probably because of the consecutive use of Embers. The attack still manages to take a bit of health from the Ekans, before succumbing to the burn damage for the round, bursting into flames. The Ekans falls completely motionless, tongue sticking out its mouth, KO'ed. Level up for Vulpix! "Ugh, still nothing," the researcher grumbles, finally noticing the KO'ed snake, "What happened here?" he asks, confused at what he is seeing, before shrugging, "Nevemind, since there is nothing here, shall we move to the next area?"

How will you respond?

Grace attacked with Ember, the small flames impacting the snake, making it hiss as a multiple of flames stayed on it's body.

The snake slowly raised its head up, sending another set of Poison Stings at Grace, after the pins disappeared, Grace seemed slightly ill as poison now coursed through her body, taking health away at a slow rate.

Grace managed to spit out another Ember attack at the Ekans, hitting it with the flames once again, taking health away from the serpent, panting heavily now, with Grace being only slightly better.

The Ekans tried to Leer at Grace, but couldn't quite make the eye contact necessary for it to work,
Grace charged her next attack, sending another barrage of small fireballs at Ekans, this time the Embers were slower and less intense than before,
it had been probably due to the consecutive use of the same attack, or fatigue. Regardless, Ember still managed to take a bit of health from the Ekans, before succumbing to the burn damage for the round, it bursted into flames.
The Ekans fell completely motionless, tongue sticking out it's mouth, KO'ed.

Grace grew to level 6

With the thud of the snake hitting the floor, the match was over,
Hallow ran straight to Grace who was already set to collapse, he slid on his knees catching her in his arms,
"Hey, what did you think of your first battle?," tears streaming down his face,
Vulpix faintly giving a 'Vul...,'
"Don't worry," He took off his pack, "I'll fix you right up and you'll be good, as, new,"
Hallow looked over to the knock'ed out serpent, you too,

Hallow was so focused on the battle, he had completely forgotten where he was and why this had all happened,

"Ugh, still nothing," the researcher grumbled, turning his attention onto Hallow, noticing the KO'ed snake on the floor,
"What happened here?" he asked, confused at what he was seeing,

Hallow looked back at him with disgust,
He noticed it, the man's voice lacked sincerity,

shrugging, the man in the lab coat said, "Nevemind, since there is nothing here, shall we move to the next area?"

Hallow lost it,
"WHAT!?, AFTER WHAT WE HAVE JUST BEEN THROUGH?!,"
he got more pissed,
"CAN'T YOU SEE THAT MY VULPIX NEED'S REST!?,"
Hallow quickly grabbed an 1/2 Antidote and a 1/3 Potion from his pack with one hand as he closely held Grace to his chest with the other,
tending to her wound's,

When he was finished Hallow quickly got up and walked toward the fainted snake,
"BECAUSE OF YOUR ANGER, THIS DEFENSELESS SNAKE WAS HURT AND ENDED UP ATTACKING US!,"
Now realizing how loud he was being, he lowered his voice,

He turned his back to the scientist and kneel'd next to the snake,
"I'm truly sorry for what we did to you,"
Hallow held Grace like a baby in his right arm, and went into his back pocket,
taking out a 1/5 Pokéball,
he lightly tapped it on the snake's head...
"We'll get you better soon,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #962
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: The Karrablast almost bursts into tears as you mention "trainer". Min slowly approaches the Karrablast, offering to heal it with Softboiled, and while the Karrablast is still uneasy around your group, it agrees, with the Softboiled taking effect immediately, healing it quite nicely. Both Opal and Karrablast start to chatter among themselves, with you staring at them as they comminicate in a completely different language, until Opal seems shocked and appalled at something the Karrablast tells it, which makes the Karrablast sniffle as it continues to talk with Opal. Christian slowly walks over and kneels down slowly, pain taking over his face as he does, but he manages to do it. "Mind if I take a look?" Christian points to the Pokéball the Karrablast is holding, in a sweet, calm voice. While the Karrablast is reluctant at first, it finally decides to give the Pokéball to Christian, "Is this your Pokéball?" He asks the Karrablast, with it responding with a sniffle and a nod. "I see..." Christian tries to enlarge the ball, but it doesn't seem to be working. "It seems like someone released this Karrablast..." Christian says in a somber tone. Ruby sniffs the Karrablat and barks at the Karrablast, scaring the Karrablast as it takes a few steps back, "Ruby! It's scared, don't barks at it." Petting Ruby as she whines while signaling towards the Karrablast..."Well it seems it was abandoned, who knows by who..." Ruby continues to sniff the Karrablast, whining a little while raising her paw at it. "Should we try to take it with us? It doesn't seem like it has anyone else after being abandoned..."

How will you respond?
Abandoned...

The thought made Levin want to scream and punch someone. Unfortunately the only other person around was a crippled boy, so that wasn't an option. Opal herself stood shaken and saddened, her own scars of abandonment still fresh. It was evident she was feeling sorry for the poor Karrablast, as was everyone else.

- Sorry to hear that, Karrablast... Nobody should ever have to suffer what you did. But like I said, we're friends. If you want to come along, even if just for a while, you're welcome! And if someday we come across the person who released you, we'll have a little chat. - he said, winking at the Bug-Type in the end.

Reaching for a Pokéball in his pocket, he enlarged it and kneeled down. The idea of rescuing this Karrablast was all he had thought about at first, but only now was the idea of owning a potential Escavalier beginning to take shape in his mind. But no, he had to shake those thoughts away, this wasn't about him adding another fighter to his ranks, it was about doing what was right for the little guy.

- Well, Karrablast? Wanna tag along? If you do, all you have to is....

No, wait a minute.

Levin stopped for a moment and looked at Ruby. She was sniffing Karrablast with great interest, trying to play with it and make it feel at ease. And Christian... He got back up and turned to his friend.

- You know what, you keep it Christian. In all honesty, I'm not sure if this quest of ours to get your Pokemon back will even be successful; you're hurt, and I might not be strong enough to take down those thieves even if we manage to track them down. I'm not saying we should give up, but all you have right now is Ruby. You can use this little guy more than I do. Besides, if it weren't for you, God knows how long I would have taken to figure out it was abandoned...
So go ahead, take it. You need all the protection you can get, and if we don't manage to get your friends back, at least you'll have made a new one. Look at Ruby, she's clearly fond of him!

He then turned his attention to Opal; the Venonat was still shaken and teary-eyed, no doubt reliving her days at the Adoption Centre. He patted her on the head and said, in a calm voice:

- There Opal. See, it's okay! Karrablast will have a new home! And you do as well, don't you? I've told you, nobody's going to abandon you ever again, that's a promise!

The Venonat looked up to her trainer, touched and clearly relieved, as she hung on to his leg for comfort.
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #963
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Note to updatees: I'll try to update twice tomorrow, once around 7 PM Fizzy Bubbles time and the next one after midnight.

Cloud Forest

biggggg5: "Yes! We were suppose to go west towards a river. You wouldn't happen to know any nearby rivers would you Nuzleaf?" The Nuzleaf quickly answer, "Nuz-Nuz-Leaf!" pointing to it left before setting off and signaling you to follow it. "Great, it knows where the river is!"

After following the Nuzleaf for a short distance, you start to hear water, until you finally see and reach the river. The sparkling blue water flows this river, with it being a little over 20 feet wide. "Okay, we are suppose to go upstream and towards a lake, then we will reach the first checkpoint." Krys says, as you then set off to follow the river.

The walk upstream is rather uneventful, with the Nuzleaf trailing you and Krys. After half an hour of walking you finally reach the first checkpoint. "Alright, we need to find something in the shape of a Machamp..." Everyone starts to look around, including the Nuzleaf that still hasn't left your side. The Nuzleaf finally calls everyone, "Nuz-Nuz-Leaf!" "Big! Nuzleaf found something over there!" You head over to the Nuzleaf, and see a brown block on the floor in front of the Nuzleaf. "Look, it is a Machamp tablet!" Krys says, excitement filling her voice. "Good job Nuzleaf!" The Nuzleaf grins as he sees you both happy. "Okay, supposively, we are suppose to show something or do something for the tablet to do something. This one is of Machamp. I think it has to do something with strength!" She says, pushing you towards the tablet. "Go ahead, show the tablet your strength!" Keys say, in an almost mocking voice...

How will you respond?
"Show our strength. Hmm..." Big mutters thoughtfully. "Wait I have and idea" Big releases Hotstuff once again and the little fire-type yawns as if waking up from a nap. "Sorry to interrupt your nap but we need your help for just a minute. Then you can go right back to sleep." He explains to the Charmander. Hotstuff gives him an expression that says: 'just tell me what I need to do so I can go back to sleep'. "Would you please use strength on the machamp?" Big asks. The starter looks around scared out of its mind for the giant he knows is a machamp but then sighs in relief as he realizes that Big meant the picture on the block. As he works Big turns to Krys. "how many checkpoints are there?" he asks her.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #964
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post


Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


Your pokemon nods, leaping back into the fray through the haze of smoke that filled the cavern. The Wingull cried out, its voice echoing off the walls, as it attempted to find the Cyndaquil. Wingull passed through the veil of smoke, spotting you. Just before it makes another movement, however, Cyndaquil comes leaping from out of a dark corner, his tackle knocking the bird out of the air.

The Wingull rolled once then pushed itself back to its feet, throwing its wings out and leaning forward, emitting a powerful Supersonic! Cyndaquil lowers its head, shaking and backing up slowly. It attempted to create a new smokescreen, but as it did so it stumbled on its own legs and fell to the ground in confusion!

The Wingull fired another water gun at the poor fire pokemon, hitting it directly, knocking it deeper into the cavern!

Cyndaquil stands up groggily- the water knocked away its confusion, and it's hurt, but it's still ready to fight. This little Cyndaquil doesn't wanna give up!

What will you do?

OOC: The level of the wild Pokemon will generally be within 1 or 2 levels of your own.


Cyndaquil nods just as it alsways does: reassuring but this time knowing the threats that could come ahead. Cyndaquil lept up and tackled that Wingull with so much power fireray thought that he'd won the battle. The Wingull stood up again and screamed so hard that even fireray couldn't see what was going on. Fireray finally could see again but his first sight was Wingull preparing to fire yet another water gun knocking Cyndaquil deeper into the cavern. Fireray gritted his teeth as Cyndaquil stood up ready to continue. 'Better not let Cyndaquil down for his first battle.' thought fireray while rushing though solutions to beat the bird
"Cyndaquil full offensive use Tackle,Tackle then tackle!" told Fireray to Cyndaquil as he flew into action. 'Let's hope Wingull dosen't use any mean moves!' hoped Fireray in his head.

Preparning a [1/1] Levelball from my starter pack
Or a [2/3] Pokeball
__________________
PASBL-FB
Fireray is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #965
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
[COLOR="Iceblue"]
Comet's Corner
YDT:
Both the Pichu and Swablu run behind both your legs as the battle starts, as if expecting you to protect them from the Boldore. The Boldore seems to be officially done with trying to intimidate you, as he begins to charge at you. Lucky for you, Pinochlette manages to create an almost invisible shield with Protect around you, the Boldore slamming into it instead of you, absorbing the attack before disappearing. Skubble rushes towards the Boldore's side, slamming its bone on the Boldore. The Bone Club seems to work, as the Boldore cries out in pain as the bone makes contact. The Boldore growls loudly, slashing the ground beneath it, sending dirt towards Skubble's face, which he manages to dodge as the Sand-Attack gets closer, missing him by an inch. The Boldore keeps looking at Skubble, with no intention of backing down...

What will you do now?

"Bullseye!" Niles cries as the Boldore is hit head on. He was really impressed with how strong Skubble was, and she was being so courageous. Skubble quickly dodged a wave of sand "oooh!" he exclaimed as she jumped out of the way. He didn't like how menacing the Boldore seemed, it looked way too dangerous.

"Skubble use two Growls and then whack it with another Bone Club. Now, let's see how you like a taste of your own medicine." Niles remarks as he grabs some dirt from the ground and throws it towards the Boldore.

Stats

Last edited by YDT; 09-18-2012 at 10:57 AM.
YDT is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #966
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
The ball shakes violently on the ground for a few seconds, until you hear a sound as the Pokéball settles down and locks itself. Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 6 Geodude! The little girl giggles as she hears your name. "That's funny! My name is Jamie!" Pixie continues to sniff around the area. "I was looking around this area to catch a Dwebble, but that mean Geodude attacked us out of nowhere. I'm actually looking for the ball I'm suppose to use to catch it with..." She continues to look around some more. "It is a Bug Ball actually." "Vul-Vul!" Pixie exclaims as she runs back to her trainer, with a round green ball on her mouth. "Thanks Pixie! Thank you too!" she says to you, "I don't know what would have happened if it wasn't for you..." She then bends down next to her Vulpix, and takes the ball from her mouth as she pets her affectionately. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a Dwebble, would you? Actually, you seem nice, would you like to help me find a Dwebble? Pretty please?" The little girl looks at you with puppy eyes on her face...

How will you respond?


James picked up the pokéball and slipped it into the front pocket of his bag, the only section that was somewhat organized. He knew somebody who would love a Geodude, so it was lucky that he had found one- even if it was attacking a little girl.

“Well, I remember seeing one on the way here, but I’m not quite sure if I remember where…” James said in answer to Jamie’s first question. “I really should be going though…” He said, attempting to escape from the little girl. He much preferred to adventure alone. Upon seeing her puppy dog eyes, however, he had to help her. It wasn’t like he was doing anything at the moment anyways. “Sure, I can help. Maxwell and I are willing to help anybody.” He said, and returned Severus before he felt left out.
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #967
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Thrain: The trainers and nurse are immobilized for a second, not sure whether to believe you or not. It takes them a few seconds to register the rumbling noise that grows louder by the second before jumping to help you. Two trainers help you and Steven push the bookshelf, while two other trainers help by pulling it from the other side. It takes a few seconds, but the bookshelf seems to be in a good position, blocking the door for now, though it is hard to tell for how long it'll be able to hold off the spiders. "Wait, what do you mean pick up supplies for the other Pokémon Center? You mean the one we just sent supplies to a few days ago? We sent them enough for at least week if not two..." The nurse seems quite concerned at what you told her. "And now what is this about the Pokémon chasing you here, to a Pokémon Center? Why would spiders chase you here?" It seems like nobody has the answers right now, except the spiders, whose presence is now felt as the ground shakes slightly, with the sound of pincers right outside the door blocked by the bookshelf. Suddenly you begin to hear something scratching metal above you, and you look up, and see a rather large rectangular metal air duct above you, and it seems something is walking through it, with it leading to the back of the Pokémon Center...

What will you do?

After hearing Eric's plea, two trainers jump up from their position on the couch, rushing over to assist in blockading the door. Steven helps as well, and, seconds later, the group succeeds at their task. Nurse Joy approaches the barrier, gesturing out into the forest. "Wait, what do you mean pick up supplies for the other Pokémon Centre?" she asks warily. "You mean the one one we just sent supplies to a few days ago? We sent them enough for at least a week, if not two..." Her voice trails to nothingness as Eric looks at Steven with suspicion clear on his face. Seeing the silent exchange between the two, the nurse continues questioning the duo about the spiders and why they would chase them here, to this Pokémon Centre. "I don't know about the spiders, but it's very odd that the other Centre didn't receive their supplies. A little while ago, Steven and I met in the forest, and he told me that he was on his way to this Pokémon Centre for the sole reason of gathering supplies for the other Centre. Something must have happened to your shipment," Eric said, glancing over at Steven. "I bet these two events are connected somehow," he continues. "These Ariados seem as if they're coordinating their attacks. I think they've formulated some sort of plan, we just don't know what they're up to."

As Eric finishes talking, the skittering outside the Pokémon Centre's doors begins to grow louder. Suddenly, a scratching sound fills the room. Looking up, Eric notices an air duct hanging from the ceiling above; a sinking feeling begins to grow inside of his stomach, for the noise seems to be emanating from inside it! "Oh no! It looks like the Ariados have infiltrated the building," Eric shouts, turning to look at Nurse Joy. "Where does that air duct lead? Is there another entrance into the Centre?"

Eric waits for the nurse's response, preparing himself mentally for the potential battle that lay ahead.


Thrain is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #968
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #54 (September 18, 2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Comet's Corner
YDT:
(Please respond with the color Red, thanks!) Skubble Growls at Boldore, and with his latest attack, he manages to intimidate the Boldore, despite the size difference, lowering its attack power. The Boldore looks at the Cubone, analyzing to see if it can attack him, before deciding to go for it. It charges towards the Cubone at full speed, using Tackle on the Cubone, sending it flying to the side as she is hit, taking a little health from Skubble. Skubble manages to absorb the attack well, using another Growl on the Boldore, lowering its attack even more. Boldore swipes the ground again, this time sending a Mud-Slap at Skubble, hitting her right on the face, but not lowering her accuracy as the attack doesn't get into her eyes. Skubble once again whacks the Boldore across the face with Bone Club, making it cry out in pain again. The Boldore takes a few steps back, looking angrier than before, not ready to back down just yet...

What will you do?

Takeo: The ball shakes on the ground, with the scientist confused by what you said, "What do you mean because of me? I did this?" He takes a closer look at where the snake was at one point before being absorbed by the Pokéball, and then to the Vulpix in your arms, as the Pokéball stops moving and the red glow on the button disappears, Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a female level 4 Ekans! "Oh, I'm sorry if I somehow caused this. I was merely just searching around..." fixing his glasses, looking slightly upset and guilty, as the Swinub slowly approaches his trainer, sniffing near his feet. "I have an idea. We can go to my lab and heal your Pokémon. Then we will continue to search for the crystals. What do you say?" Vulpix looks up at you, looking much better now as the Potion and Antidote do their work, but it wouldn't hurt to fully heal your Pokémon, would it?

How will you respond?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Christian nods at you, taking a look at the Karrablast, "Well, I don't have any Pokéballs on me, but do you want to join me Karrablast? I promise I'll take good care of you!" The Karrablast shakes it's head at the proposition, slightly afraid, "Well what about Levin, do you want to join him?" The Karrablast gives the same response, this time talking to Opal once again after responding, with Christian scratching his head as he talks to you, "It looks like he doesn't really trust us yet. Wait, I know!" He turns back to the Karrablast, "Karrablast, do you want to travel with us for now, I'm sure Opal could use your company..." Karrablast nods it's head at Christian as it takes a look at Opal. "Well, we should get going," Christian gets up slowly, wincing as he does, "we need to get a move on if we want to find those thieves!" Ruby barks in agreement, using Odor Sleuth again, picking up the scent again before leading your group again, this time with the Karrablast by your side.

After another 15 minutes of following the trail, with nothing but Kricketot's chirping in the distance, something different finally your ear. "What's that sound?" Christian says, you try to make out what it is, and it appears to be music coming from the left, away from where Ruby seems to be heading! Ruby stops as she sees you both slow down. "Music! People might be nearby!" Christian says happily, "Should we try to see if it is people? We might lose the trail if we go..."

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: "Uhhh, there are two large openings in the air duct, one in the control room and the other in the supply room! Come with me!" The nurse leads you and Steven to the back of the Pokémon Center. There are quite a few doors, all labeled, but it doesn't seem like it is the time to stop to read them, with everyone running to stop the spiders and all. "Here!" the nurse says, grabbing her keys and taking a look at them before choosing one and opening the locked door, "This is the control room, and there it is!" The nurse points to a rather large opening to the duct, at least 3 feet high by 5 feet wide, which seems to be closed by a bolted door, the opening being about 7 feet up and 10 feet away from the wall where you entered. "Nurse, please take me to the supply room! Eric, you take care of this room while I go there!" The nurse nods at Steven leaving you to deal with this, hearing the steps coming closer to the control room in the air duct by the second. While the opening is held by a bolted door, it might be wise to prepare yourself, with the sound of what appears to be more than a couple of spiders walking the air duct...

What will you do?

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: "Hmm. I'm not sure." She says, giggling nervously, "I was told there were 5 different checkpoints though by various fellow explorers." Hotstuff uses Strength on the Machamp tablet, which at first does nothing, with Hotstuff trying his hardest to lift it. A few seconds pass of Hotstuff struggling to move the tablet, until you hear something click. The tablet begins to move on its own, with Hotstuff being slightly alarmed by the sudden movement of the tablet. A rather hole appears underneath where the tablet once was, with what appears to be a ladder on one side. You can only see a few feet inside the hole, with it being pitch dark after the few feet. Krys looks slightly scared as she takes a look inside the hole. "It looks like we will need something to light up the place before we go down, any ideas?"

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
"Yay!" the little girl squeals happily, picking up Pixie and holding her up with her front paws over the girl's hands, "Hear that Pixie? He's gonna help us!" The Vulpix licks her trainer's face in excitement, with the little girl giggling, "Pixie, stop it!" The girl puts down the fox, "Okay, since you don't know where to find Dweeble's, I guess we'll have to explore the whole area. Let's go!" she says, grabbing a hold of your hand and dragging you who knows where.*

You walk around with the girl for a while, with Pokémon sightings being scarcer than before. The odd rock type here and there, but no Dweeble. "I know we'll find it, I know we will!" Jamie mutters, mostly to herself, "Oh look!" Jamie says, pointing ahead to a sign post. You then see three different arrows with writing underneath them, the one pointing to your left labeled, "Shirley Town", the one pointing straight ahead, "Pokémon Center", and the one pointing to the right, "Burst Forest Desert," with a white sign attached underneath it, written in bright red letters, "CAUTION! Strong Sandstorms!"

What will you do?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #969
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
"Yay!" the little girl squeals happily, picking up Pixie and holding her up with her front paws over the girl's hands, "Hear that Pixie? He's gonna help us!" The Vulpix licks her trainer's face in excitement, with the little girl giggling, "Pixie, stop it!" The girl puts down the fox, "Okay, since you don't know where to find Dweeble's, I guess we'll have to explore the whole area. Let's go!" she says, grabbing a hold of your hand and dragging you who knows where.*

You walk around with the girl for a while, with Pokémon sightings being scarcer than before. The odd rock type here and there, but no Dweeble. "I know we'll find it, I know we will!" Jamie mutters, mostly to herself, "Oh look!" Jamie says, pointing ahead to a sign post. You then see three different arrows with writing underneath them, the one pointing to your left labeled, "Shirley Town", the one pointing straight ahead, "Pokémon Center", and the one pointing to the right, "Burst Forest Desert," with a white sign attached underneath it, written in bright red letters, "CAUTION! Strong Sandstorms!"

What will you do?


After posting in PI with 1st person and seeing personal success, I will be switching to first person here aswell. If it becomes too confusing, let me know and I'll gladly switch it.

The little girl, screaming with glee at the fact that I decided to help her, grabbed my wrist and started dragging me away through the wasteland. The change in scenery would’ve be nice, if it wasn’t endless miles of continuous charcoal wind and cracked earth. Apart from seeing rare pokémon here and there like a Shuckle, who reminded me of my own shuckle, Euen, and the continuous optimism of Jamie and Pixie, there wasn’t much to see. However, when us three had finally reached something moderately important, it was one of the most boring things in existence. All hail the great sign. Yet, I couldn’t ruin their happiness, so I kept quiet about my pessimistic attitude. Upon closer inspection, however, the sign bared three important locations: A Pokémon Center, a small town by the name of Shirley Town, and a desert which apparently had strong sandstorms. Knowing our pokémon needed a rest, but also knowing that Dwebble were found in a desert in their native region, Unova, made a somewhat tough decision to make. Yet, I knew Pixie and Maxwell could use a break, so I spoke up finally. “Pixie and Maxwell probably need a break. Let’s go to the Pokemon Center first, and ask around there. But if we find nothing, I have a good feeling about the desert.”
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #970
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Comet's Corner
Takeo: The ball shakes on the ground, with the scientist confused by what you said, "What do you mean because of me? I did this?" He takes a closer look at where the snake was at one point before being absorbed by the Pokéball, and then to the Vulpix in your arms, as the Pokéball stops moving and the red glow on the button disappears, Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a female level 4 Ekans! "Oh, I'm sorry if I somehow caused this. I was merely just searching around..." fixing his glasses, looking slightly upset and guilty, as the Swinub slowly approaches his trainer, sniffing near his feet. "I have an idea. We can go to my lab and heal your Pokémon. Then we will continue to search for the crystals. What do you say?" Vulpix looks up at you, looking much better now as the Potion and Antidote do their work, but it wouldn't hurt to fully heal your Pokémon, would it?

How will you respond?
The sassy red ball hit the ground and shook once, twice,…

The scientist was left confused by what Hallow had said earlier, "What do you mean because of me?, I did this?,"
He took a closer look at where the snake was at one point before being absorbed by the Pokéball, and then to the Vulpix in Hallow's arms,

....thrice,
as the Pokéball stopped moving, the red glow on the button disappeared,

Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a female level 4 Ekans!

"Oh, I'm sorry if I somehow caused this. I was merely just searching around..." fixing his glasses, looking slightly upset and guilty, as the Swinub slowly approached his trainer, sniffing near his feet. "Swi...,"
"I have an idea. We can go to my lab and heal your Pokémon. Then we will continue to search for the crystals. What do you say?" he said, seeming apologetic,

Vulpix looked up at Hallow, looking much better now as the Potion and Antidote did their work,
"Well, it wouldn't hurt to heal my friends," Hallow said trying not to seem too embarrassed by his then, sudden outburst,
He got up, grabbed the pokeball, tossing it in his pocket, and stood holding Grace in his arms,
"Alright, we'll go to your lab, on the condition you tell us exactly why we are searching for these crystal's,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:28 PM   #971
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Fountain Garden:

OkikuMew


The man pushes himself up into a sitting position, removing his glasses. He makes a futile attempt to clean them on the front of his coat, only managing to smear them more on the damp fabric. He replaces the glasses with an exasperated sigh and looks to you once more, shaking his head wearily. "A young man in black. I was, I was doing my weekly check of the pH balances in these..." He waved a hand in the general direction of the lake, still seemingly out of breath.

You reach out and take his hand, helping the poor scientist to his feet. He bows his head politely, fishing a ruined business card out of his pocket and thrusting it into your hands.

"Rude of me to skip introductions, quite rude; I'm Doctor Kaku. I'm, ehh, a specialist in the, in the, habitat and environment studies of water-type Pokemon, you see," he says, breathing heavily, his hands clutching the front of his coat. "I was doing a routine check on this lake, when I noticed a, a quite peculiar young man who seemed to be holding down a Poliwag, I believe it was. I called out for him to stop, and I tried to intervene, but the fellow grabbed me! He pushed me right into the lake, and ran off! I-I may be a water-pokemon specialist, but I am not a strong swimmer, you see, I, I entered this field as a way of... facing my, my fear, I suppose you would say, yes?" He coughs once more, covering his mouth and nose with one hand.

"Oh, but I am, I am rambling I... say! You are a trainer, are you? Would you mind terribly, chasing that young fellow down? He had a peculiar electronic gizmo with him, and I fear he may have been hurting that poor Poliwag! Would, would you try to find the fellow for me..? Perhaps we can get this lad into custody, before another innocent pokemon is mistreated! He, he ran off... in that direction, I believe, yes..."

The Doctors voice trails off, as he points vaguely Northwest of where you now stand.

"Or, um, was it... was it more..." He turns, facing almost due East, frowning slightly.

What will you do?
Yay for more awesome rapid-fire updates! ^^


The man starts to push himself to sit down, so I try to help him out a bit by holding his back. He took off his glasses and did a horrible job of cleaning them. It sucks when that happens... He glares at me with a depressed look.

" young man in black. I was," he stutters, "I was doing my weekly check of the pH balances in these..." he presents the lake, still shaken from whatever happened to him.

I nod in understanding about the pH balances, having pleasant flashbacks of my science classes I had. He fumbles the inside of his lab coat, then hands to me a waterlogged business card.

"Rude of me to skip introductions, quite rude; I'm Doctor Kaku. I'm, ehh, a specialist in the, in the, habitat and environment studies of water-type Pokemon, you see," he pulls the sides of his coat upfront.

"Nice to meet you Dr. Kaku. I'm Okiku, Just a newbie trainer passing by," I answer while scratching the back in embarrassment of both not have a big title or description and the fact I'm a "young" trainer, even though I have more than the double of the permitted age.

"I was doing a routine check on this lake," he continues, "when I noticed a, a quite peculiar young man who seemed to be holding down a Poliwag, I believe it was."

"Holding it down?" I frown, puzzled.

"I called out for him to stop, and I tried to intervene, but the fellow grabbed me! He pushed me right into the lake, and ran off!"

My eyes widens and blink in confusion of the situation. "What?"

"I-I may be a water-pokemon specialist, but I am not a strong swimmer, you see, I, I entered this field as a way of... facing my, my fear, I suppose you would say, yes?" he coughs out a bit of water out.

"...Oh, well that's one way to do this, yeah." I give a forced smile. Weird way of facing his fear of water... But still, poor guy...

"Oh, but I am, I am rambling I... say! You are a trainer, are you?"

"Er, yes, I did mention that earlier," I keep my fake grin on.

"Would you mind terribly, chasing that young fellow down? He had a peculiar electronic gizmo with him, and I fear he may have been hurting that poor Poliwag!"

"...Really!?" my smile erases from my face. "Now you tell me! That's no good!"

"Would, would you try to find the fellow for me..? Perhaps we can get this lad into custody, before another innocent pokemon is mistreated!"

"Fully agree on this," I nod. "It'll be my pleasure to get that guy out."

"He, he ran off... in that direction, I believe, yes..." He points in one direction, that I believe it's in the northwest. "Or, um, was it... was it more..." he points at another direction, to the right where he previously showed.

I display a fake smile again, holding myself not to laugh. He is really not sure about what he's doing... But then again, I shouldn't be so hard on him, he's still shaking up bad from literally falling in his worst fear... I switch my facial expression to a more serious one while humming, scratching my chin and thinking of a way to find that guy.

"Ah, I got it!" I exclaim suddenly, having the perfect idea to track the poliwag man. I take out the pokéballs of the rest of my team, and throw them up in the air beside Rawk, who is walking around with head up high. "Max and Hershel, time to shine!"

Upon their landing, my Poochyena happily barks to see me again, while my Spheal rolls over once, claps his fins a few times then very politely bows to me. It's the first time I take Hershel out so I don't know him well yet, but so far he's quite the polite little guy!

"Alright everyone," I address to my three Pokémon, "so we have this 'pushy', likely crazy man on the loose with a innocent, probably soon-to-be-hurt Poliwag by that said man. You guys see where I'm going with this, am I right?"

All three give their cries in unison.

"Sweet! We're on the same page then. So here's the plan. Rawk, you saw Dr. Kaku where he pointed, right?"

My Starly surprisingly doesn't even peep, which I suspect that it's because he didn't pay attention at all at what we were saying back then.

"Ok ok," I sigh, "I'll ask him again where he thinks he saw him, and maybe get more info on how that weirdo looks like. Anyhow, your job is to be on the lookout for that suspicious guy in black with a Poliwag through the whole area between the two spots Dr. Kaku pointed out, ok? And if you find him, come back to me and show us the way to get to him, alright?"

He loudly squawks, accepting the challenge.

"Alright, as for you Max, I'm not sure it's gonna work or not, but it's worth a shot. Maybe you could try to pick up the smell of the man, or even the Poliwag, on Dr. Kaku's coat. If you do, you could simply lead everyone to him, and give a few loud barks to warn Rawk. Sounds like a plan?"

Max yelps in agreement.

"Ok! Now for you, Hershel... you might be confused on why I called you out for a search when you don't have much any tracking skills, huh?"

He solemnly nods.

"Well, since you're a water type, you could maybe try and find and talk to the... 'locals' of the lake and chat with them a little, and see if they saw that guy and... or that Poliwag. Any leads would help!"

The eyes of my Spheal lightens up, then claps his fins to congratulate me for this fine idea.

"Sweet, but before all of you guys go, listen carefully..." I turn myself towards the scientist, "Dr. Kaku, can you show us the direction you think he went? And can you try and remember as much as you can how the man dressed in black looked like? Or maybe if that Poliwag have something that could be recognized easily? The more the better, so my pals here can find him as fast as possible!"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-17-2012 at 09:30 PM.
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:43 AM   #972
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
[b][u]Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Christian nods at you, taking a look at the Karrablast, "Well, I don't have any Pokéballs on me, but do you want to join me Karrablast? I promise I'll take good care of you!" The Karrablast shakes it's head at the proposition, slightly afraid, "Well what about Levin, do you want to join him?" The Karrablast gives the same response, this time talking to Opal once again after responding, with Christian scratching his head as he talks to you, "It looks like he doesn't really trust us yet. Wait, I know!" He turns back to the Karrablast, "Karrablast, do you want to travel with us for now, I'm sure Opal could use your company..." Karrablast nods it's head at Christian as it takes a look at Opal. "Well, we should get going," Christian gets up slowly, wincing as he does, "we need to get a move on if we want to find those thieves!" Ruby barks in agreement, using Odor Sleuth again, picking up the scent again before leading your group again, this time with the Karrablast by your side.

After another 15 minutes of following the trail, with nothing but Kricketot's chirping in the distance, something different finally your ear. "What's that sound?" Christian says, you try to make out what it is, and it appears to be music coming from the left, away from where Ruby seems to be heading! Ruby stops as she sees you both slow down. "Music! People might be nearby!" Christian says happily, "Should we try to see if it is people? We might lose the trail if we go..."

How will you respond?
Karrablast didn't trust them yet, and it was understandable. He had just been abandoned, so it was no wonder his feelings towards humans in general were less than favourable. Admittedly, Levin had rushed at proposing a new trainer for it - rejection was something that took a while to get over, be it with humans or Pokemon. Karrablast wasn't about to just open up immediately.

As they resumed their trail, led by the diligent Ruby - who fortunately hadn't lost track of the monkeys' scent - discomfort started setting in once more. They had to be nearing the thieves somewhat, judging by how well Ruby was catching on to their trail. But then what? Christian was injured, his strongest Pokemon couldn't beat a lone Panpour and he didn't even had a plan of approach that didn't involve barging in head-first. He didn't work well without a plan.

As he was lost in thought, a pleasant sound reached his ears. Music.

Christian seemed pretty excited about it, the prospect of finding people cheering him up for whatever reason. He'd be way more excited if going in their direction didn't mean going the wrong direction.

- Christian, wait. We already made a detour because of Karrablast, we were lucky that Ruby didn't lose the right track. If we go to where those people are, we might never find the trail again...

Then again, forcing someone with a broken ankle to walk for miles without assistance was bad enough as it is - denying him the possibility of medical care was just wrong. And besides, weren't they after Christian's Pokemon in the first place? This should be the boy's call, not his.
He sighed, the lateness of the hour, the lack of sleep and the constant walking around were getting to him as well. Maybe stopping wasn't such a bad idea... assuming those people weren't hostile, which was a stretch.

- I'm not sure we should do this, but it's your call. You're hurt, and maybe those people can fix you up. If we get lucky, they might even have caught a glimpse of the guys we're hunting. And if they allow it, maybe you could stay with them and rest while I go back and follow the rest of the trail with Ruby, I'm sure I can manage on my own. Sound good?
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #973
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge
 
jolteonjak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Cloud Forest

Jolteonjak


The battle commences, as Cyndaquil extinguishes his flame as to not cause any more accidental forest fires. Cyndaquil concentrates hard, focusing on a move that few of its species know. A Psywave sets forth, five rings of Psychic Energy assaulting the little Spearow. The Spearow is knocked back and is induced with a huge headache, but soldiers on nonetheless. It dives towards Cyndaquil, its sharp beak rotating like a Drill. Cyndaquil tries to Run away, but the more agile Spearow lands a hit, the Drill Run digging into Cyndaquil’s back, who yowls in pain, igniting his flame momentarily. The Spearow backs off from the fire, not wanting to be near it. Cyndaquil responds to the super effective move, with some super effectiveness of his own, showing off his Hidden Power, a few light blue orbs spiraling around him, then flying towards the Spearow, who is pelted by the orbs. Spearow retaliates, Mirroring the Move that Cyndaquil used against him, another Hidden Power hitting Cyndaquil, albeit for a resisted blow. Spearow then chirps loudly, a beam of Flying Energy getting launched into the sky, causing a Tailwind to blow behind it, which will increase its speed.

What will you do?

As the battle with Spearow began, Cyndaquil opted not to use his flames right away out of fear of causing another fire. Starting with an unconventional move in Psywave, but luckily the attack landed Unfortunately for Cyndaquil, Spearow opened with an attack that is super effective against the Fire Mouse. Chad noticed while Cyndaquil took the hit, his flame briefly ignited, and Spearow shyed away from the flames. He figured that was due to the blaze they created earlier. Cyndaquil responded with an icy Hidden Power, which hit hard. Spearow, also used an icy Hidden Power by using Mirror Move, then began to ride a Tailwind to increase its speed.

Chad thought for a moment about using Cyndaquil's flame and Spearow's fear of the flame to his advantage. For now, though, he'd fight without fire. Something else he thought about was how to deal with a more speedy Spearow thanks to that Tailwind. He wondered if he could use it too. "Cyndaquil, watch Spearow for its next attack. Dodge it and fire Hidden Power (Ice) into the tailwind. Then use Swift twice. I'm sure it won't be able to dodge those speedy stars." He had hoped the increased speed wouldn't be too much of a problem. While he watched the events further unfold, he began to think of a way to possibly combat that should it be a problem.



Stats
jolteonjak is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #974
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Meanwhile, at Mondor...

Apologies for the delay, but here we go: [oprahvoice]Kairne gets an update, OkikuMew gets an update, Fireray gets an update, Gemini Spark gets an update![/oprahvoice]


Delibird Ridge:
Kairne


As you near the pair, the male looks towards the female and nods. She steps back, lifting her Pokeball and releasing a Cubone. The Pokemon dropped to the ground, lifting its bone club, glaring towards you menacingly. The male trainer remained in place to block the path, presumably confident that the Cubone could handle you.

"Sybil. Such a darling little name. Shame you won't be keepin' her." He snickered quietly, lifting a hand, signalling that he wanted you to toss him the Pokeball. "Look, you don't need to get hurt, kid. This is way over your head, and it ain't worth gettin' worked over for. It's just a stupid bird. Trust me when I say we need it more than you do."

The Cubone stood its ground, growling softly, its head lowered. Baudelaire confidently stepped in front of you, seemingly having gotten a second wind.

The hill you stand on is a powder keg, waiting for the spark.

What will you do?


Delibird Ridge:
Fireray


The battle had turned into a war of attrition, as both Pokemon forgot tactics and turned to simply slugging it out, hoping to out last the other. Cyndaquil threw itself at the Wingull in a flurry of tackles, knocking the bird once more from the air. The Wingull hit the ground on the first, a fully successful strike from Cyndaquil. The second slammed it bodily into the cavern wall, eliciting a brief squawk of pain from Wingull.

The wounded Pokemon fired another water gun, hitting Cyndaquil directly, but the fire-type charged through the pain for its third and final tackle. It rebounded off the Wingull and collapsed, its body heaving as it drew laborious breaths, trying to regain its composure. The Wingull was faring little better, as it shakily stood, apparently too exhausted to fly any longer. It growled weakly, though with its fatigue, the usually threatening tactic held little fear for Cyndaquil.

Your own pulse quickened, sensing that the battle was soon to be concluded, one way or another. Both Pokemon were nearly done for, exhausted, hurting. The smoke from the Cyndaquils smokescreen was beginning to filter out through natural holes and air currents in the cavern, leaving both of the combatants in plain sight of one another.

What will you do?



The Fountain Garden:
OkikuMew

Doctor Kaku slumped to sit on a rough stone dividing wall near the lakes edge, finally seeming to catch his breath after the whole ordeal. "Okiku you say? Pleased, pleased to meet you, yes," he manages, in his oddly uncertain speech pattern.

Your Pokemon, as they are released, listen to your plan, nodding their agreement. Hershel the Spheal makes his way to the water, slipping in soundlessly to find one of the aforementioned locals, to try to get some information. Meanwhile, Max sidled up to Dr. Kaku, sniffing the bottom hem of his lab coat, trying to get a scent that hadn't been washed away by immersion in lake water.

"Oh my, why, yes, hello there, friend," Kaku muttered, reaching out as though to pat the Poochyena, then seemingly thinking better of it and dropping his hand back to his side. He perks up slightly though, as you address him again, clearing his throat. "Oh, well, hm. He, he... well he didn't seem much older than you are, I should think. Short hair, dark... dark eyes. He, he seemed quite scared, as I recall, of me finding him. His clothes were almost, how do you... uniform! Uniform-like, certainly, yes. Very polished, and quite nicely pressed, actually, yes..."

You frown, trying to place that information in your head. It seemed familiar, but from where? As you try to recall having seen anyone with that description in your short wander through the garden, Hershel calls out, his voice oddly muffled. You turn to where he's surfaced, and see in his mouth a shapeless black object. He swims it over to you, dropping it on the shore.
A plain, unadorned black hat. Your frown deepens, as Max turns his attention to that, sniffing around it. He stiffens up, and starts heading decidedly North, his nose glued to the ground. Rawk has already headed in that direction by air, but this seems to back up the Starly's decision.

What will you do?



The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark

You have your destination, and a solid enough starting point to begin your search in earnest. This whole thing had run the gamut from intriguing to pointless and back, but at least now you could make some headway. You followed, as close as could be done, the path depicted on the map. It was a crude drawing, and several times you found yourself doubling back on your path to make sure you hadn't deviated from the route it laid out.

Well, they were researchers, not artists. Or cartographers. You sigh, but even that isn't enough to deflate your spirits now, finally having a promising track that leads to... to... something! A key, perhaps. You ponder how far these researchers got in their quest, and you begin to hope that perhaps they had collected several of the keys before failing in their own attempt on the gate. That would certainly save time, at least...

You start to pay sharper attention to your surroundings, as you notice that you're nearing the end of the rough lines on the paper that demarcated the route. Your pulse quickening, you emerge suddenly and anti-climatically into a small clearing that housed the ruins you had sought.

You lower the map, your eyes drinking in the pitiful sight. The excitement recedes as rapidly as it came on, replaced with only the bitter twinge of time wasted. This resting place of the Key, this ancient ruin, this once-mighty glorious temple to the unknown... it was a fallen over cottage. Laying forgotten and uncared for in the grass were pieces of crumbled stone brickwork, rotting timbers that once supported a long-since decayed thatched roof. The only thing standing here now was a chimney stack, a sad and forlorn grave marker for a place that may once have held meaning, but no longer. Its shadow stretched eerily long, and seemed almost unnaturally dark. Even the grass and wildflowers grew less near its center, as though the shadow never moved with the passage of the sun.

You looked around at the relic, hoping against hope for some sign of a hidden trap door, or anything to mark a shrine. You find nothing, and are left standing alone. Not even the soft and subtle sounds of nature permeate this place, you notice.

Just your own steps, your own breaths, your own heartbeat in the stillness.

Just yourself, a chimney, and a shadow.

What will you do?
tau is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #975
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

The Space Path: A mysterious semi-transparent golden path that seemingly leads off into space. Where does it end? Nobody knows because anyone who has ever ventured along it has never returned. Who knows what you may find out there...



Quinn stared along the mysterious pathway, scanning its surface until the point it disappeared far into the horizon. Sitting at his feet, tail swishing impatiently, Banzai eyed the same path, his eyes half-closed as though he were in deep thought. Quinn drew in a slow, steadying breath, calming his already jumpy nerves for the walk that lay ahead of them.

"You know they say no one's ever come back from this route," he said to Banzai. The Meowth nodded once- he did not seem concerned. "You think we can handle it, then?" Another nod from the cat-pokemon, who hopped to his feet and swiped a paw; shadowboxing with himself to demonstrate his courage. He mewed insistently, clearly eager to be on his way.

Quinn smirked slightly at the Pokemon's bravado. Banzai, Nook, Cail... we can handle this, right? He closed his eyes and clenched his fists, banishing the self-doubt that seemed to permeate his spirit. "We came from nothing. We've survived situations that woulda' laid low lesser men. And today, my friend, we're gonna make history. We're doing this." Banzai hopped in place, already purring with excitement as he started off on the mysterious walkway, having decided he was point man for this excursion. Quinn fell in step with his oldest and best Pokemon friend, his eyes open and watchful.

We're gonna do this. And we're gonna make it back.


Edit: Sorry for the double-post, just putting up a zone OP for my own adventure.
tau is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.