UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #926
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


You make steady progress up the incrementally steeper hill, deftly picking your path through the treacherous footing. You are struck by an overwhelming sense of purpose as you make your climb, and are reminded of why you set out on your journey in the first place- this is where you belong.

Life is never easy and rarely fair, but the truly deserving, the strong, the bold, they always found their way. You would find your way. It seemed almost a little silly, such a deep line of thought over something as small as climbing this hill, but deep inside you knew that the hill was nothing more than a symbol- a physical manifestation of the constant struggle to become better. In this path, there lay only greatness.

You reach the crest of the hill and pull yourself over, thrown into a breathtaking vista of all the lands below you. In the distance you see something that promises the adventure you seek- hidden in a small outcropping of grass, nestled amongst the stones of the peak, there is the faintest outline of nesting area. There is no immediate evidence as to what sort of Pokemon might call this place home, but right now, you have the advantage- surprise.

What will you do?
Profile link here.

A bit winded, Kairne looks around where he is, just at the hill's crest, feeling a sense of small but present accomplishment. Using his hand as a visor to block the sun's brightness from is photosensitive eyes, he can just barely make out the silhouette of a nesting area, not far from where he is. He can't quite see who or what is there, but he does know one thing: adventure lies this way.

He dusts himself off, before rushing over to the outcropping, renewed with vigor for the adventure ahead. As he runs, he says quietly to himself, "Allons-y!"

Last edited by Slash; 09-15-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Slash is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #927
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Everybody knows that the best things for a Garden are sun and rain, so moving it closer to the sun and clouds would make a wonderful garden.
So what if we put the garden in the clouds? Imagine the beauty of this place. Actually, don't imagine, come and see for yourself, this picture of natural beauty set into the clear blues skies. Stick around and explore, who knows what surprises and adventures you will encounter.

Areas:

The Forbidden Garden: A large, unbreakable, inpenetrable door blocks off this area. Even a bunch of Machamp couldn't get this open. There are seven keyholes located on the door, unfortunately the keys that fit them seem to be missing. Nobody knows what lies behind the door, those up for a challenge may like to find out.

So, ready to get started? The only thing left to do is choose an area to let your adventure begin. Enjoy!
Cloud Garden. Some people refer to it as the heavens of the land of Fizzy Bubbles. Others see its mysteries as intriguing. But one mystery stands out above all the others in this area: the unknown behind the colossal gate in the Forbidden Garden. And it is this particular mystery that Hyrem came to investigate. He'd heard all the rumors of this place. One gate, seven keyholes, seven missing keys. And plenty of speculation as to what lay behind the door. It has been rumored to hold treasures of infinite wealth. Perhaps other claims were correct, that there are some extremely rare Pokemon that made their home behind those gates and thought it to be a safe haven for them. Or maybe the idea of a great evil being kept sealed behind the gate wasn't far-fetched.

Whatever it was, Hyrem was determined to do what others likely more experienced than him had failed to do: gather the keys, unlock the gate, and be the first to see what was inside. Well, there he was, at the gate, all by himself. He didn't have any of his Pokemon accompanying him to the gate; he wanted to make sure he would only use them if needed. And they would likely be needed. All of them. And even they might not be enough, he could very likely be in over his head this time. What he needed to concentrate on was finding the seven keys, and he was prepared to search all of Cloud Garden to find them. And it all started here.

Maybe there's some sort of clue around here that says where the keys might be? Hyrem asked in his mind. Maybe it also says what's in here? He wouldn't know until he started looking, so he hoped it wasn't too difficult to even get started here.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #928
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


As you walk through the first few dozen meters of the cavern, you find yourself growing rather disappointed with the overt lack of pokemon. It seems like the whole area has gone silent, leaving just you and your Cyndaquil alone in the semi-darkness of the caverns vast emptiness. The Cyndaquill stays close to your leg, as though nervous at the ethereal stillness and quiet of the damp cave, though it refused to let that small inkling of fear show in its expression.

You poke around for a few more minutes, but find nothing of any interest and decide it's best to turn back, to try your luck elsewhere. Just as you turn to leave, however, the sound of rustling feathers explodes behind you. You spin in place, but see nothing- it was an echo, from somewhere deeper in the caverns!

There IS something in here, after all, you just don't know what...

What will you do?

Cyndaquil was scared and determined not to show it. Even though he is a Fire typ and could light areas he wasn't good enough for it yet. For Fireray it was the same but also didn't want to show. It was becoming too creepy a ethereal stillness and and pitch black cave. As they both wanted to head quickly to the light they heard something an echo of rustling feathers. Fireray quickly turned round nearly tripping over Cyndaquil who stood there petrified of that sound that ended suddenly.
"Lets see what that was, right buddy?"Fireray told his scared Cyndaquil.
'Finally some sound to break to slience. Just need to over come my fear of caves. thought Cyndaquil as he answered nod. But unfortunately it was dark so Fireray didn't see him as Cyndaquils wheren't there anymore.
So without waiting for an answer Fireray kept strolling deeper and deeper as Cyndaquil quickly rushed to keep up with him.
__________________
PASBL-FB
Fireray is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #929
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Fountain Garden:

OkikuMew:


As you begin to explore the Fountain Garden, some of the stress and self-doubt within you begin to melt away at the pure serenity of the locale. You breathe deeply as you walk, letting the fresh air fill your lungs, carrying with it the slightest hint of sea foam- a salt water area, perhaps. Far in the distance you hear the cry of an aquatic bird Pokemon, and smile to yourself as Rawk hops in the direction of its origination. He seems like an eager little guy, at least.

Your stroll gradually slows to a very casual pace, and allow yourself the small indulgence of being lost in the moment. Rawk hops near your feet, chirping to no one in particular, simply looking to show off it's courage to the world in general.

Your revery is broken however, when the sounds of splashing catch your ear. You pause, mid-step, head craning to find the source. In what appears to be a lake, some hundred meters from you, you finally spot it: something just below the surface is kicking up water and causing the noise. You start forward, when you notice one more, small detail...

The thing crashing wildly in the water is no pokemon, it's a human. Whoever it is, they don't seem to be a very good swimmer...

What will you do?
Found some time today to squeeze in an update!



After looking around the environment, I hear something: splashing. Well, it's definitely something not unusual in this place, but my curiosity is quite strong so I can't help myself to look! I walk towards the sound, which leads me to a lake. I stare at it for awhile, and I notice something, not surprisingly, splashing in it quite wildly, about... a hundred meters from me. I move to closer to the lake to get a better view, wetting my shoes in the process. and looked at the splashing thing more intensely... it's a human? Well, I guess I'm not alone here. But... although I'm not really a good swimmer myself, he doesn't seem to be swimming very well, at all.

"Is he... drowning?" I tilt my head in confusion. "Hey!" I start screaming at the top of my lungs towards the lake, "do you need help!?"

Not wanting to lose any time in case he's in real trouble even if he doesn't answer, I look around if I can find some vines or very long leaves that could be used as a rope.

"Rawk, think you can help out?" I ask him.

Of course, he simply chirps and holds his head up high, not able to say no as an answer.

"Alright then. You see that person over there, right?" I point straight at him (or her). "Go check if he's ok. If not, go ahead and Fly him back to chore! Don't be afraid to come back here very quickly to get some vines or something if you have a hard time grabbing him though, ok?"
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #930
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
The Fountain Garden:

OkikuMew:


You watch Rawk fly off, your hands balling into fists. You're filled with an almost overwhelming nervous energy, and for the moment, all thoughts of Pokemon capturing are driven from your mind. You watch on as the brave Starly made a beeline for the apparent near-drowning victim.

You freeze as you see Rawk near the source of the disturbance, and after only a moment, see him begin stuggling his way back to shore. Clutching the back of a white coat. You make a dash for the side of the lake, dropping to your knees and leaning forward, stretching out an arm to grab the poor person when they get closer. Rawk is having issues with the persons size, but seems to proud to give up even temporarily to go find an easier way.

After several anxious moments of struggling, the person is close enough for you to grab. Your hand clenches their wrist as Rawk lets go and hovers expectantly overhead; and you haul the sopping wet man onto the shoreline where he collapses, coughing and sputtering.

He appears to be some kind of scientist or lab assistant, draped as he was in the familiar white coat, and seemed to be an older man, bespectacled and gray of hair. He looks up at you through his very much askew glasses, and asks:

"Did you... did you see which way he went?"

What will you do?


Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


You and Cyndaquil make progress, deeper into the cave, towards the sound of the disturbance. You see the little Cyndaquils head perking up, the faint light of his flames growing brighter as he steeled himself for the coming challenge. You smile to yourself- it's good to see that confidence.

You round a corner, now well away and out of sight of the caverns entrance. You wonder, 'What could possibly drive a bird pokemon so far away from the outside?' You shake the thought away; it doesn't matter right now.

Another explosion of feathers causes you to freeze, and it's lucky you did- a blue of blue and white screams past your face, inches from your nose. You watch it's path, and your eyes widen as you realize it's a Wingull, apparently trapped in the cave.

The bird lands on an outcropping of stone and faces you, its eyes narrowed. It's scared, it's angry, and it's eying you down.

What will you do?



Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


Your hopes for adventure are answered, though so suddenly and in such a way that for a moment you are left to wonder if it is a good thing, or a bad one. As you near this apparent nesting area, you are nearly thrown to the ground by the most unlikely of happenstance- rushing out of the nest, towards, sprints its occupant. No Spearow, no Pidgey, not even a Murkrow.

Somehow, high on this hill, surrounded by rock and scraggly grass, a Doduo rushes you in defense of its nest. You momentarily ponder who she got up here, but the call to action pushes such trivialities from your mind. You deftly side-step to avoid being trampled and turn to face the Doduo as it rounds on you again, preparing for another charge.

What will you do?


The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You stand before the gate, wondering at the sheer magnitude of the mystery and thinky veiled fear that surrounded this place. Who had sealed it so securely, and why? Was it even possible to be reopened? Did the keys still exist?

They must, you decide. And even if they don't, you're going to make the search for them. You've come too far to be shaken off by pessimistic conjecture. You step forward and press the palm of your hand against the massive gateway, noticing with surprise that there is a gentle thrum of energy running through it- not quite an electic current, you decide, but something different, something else. He remove your hand and begin walking along the wall itself, the massive barrier that seperates the Forbidden Garden from the rest of Cloud Garden, looking for anything, anything at all, that might give you a starting point.

It's with some surprise you notice, perhaps fifty meters distant, a trail of white spots, leading a little ways off from the wall. You follow them, kneeling to pick one up every so often, discovering nothing but odd drawings and diagrams of the wall. There is text, but it's some form of shorthand that is probably only coherent to the person who wrote it. The trail leads farther away from the wall, and may have nothing at its end- but then again, if you decide to follow the wall itself, there may be no other potential clue for miles.

What will you do?

Last edited by tau; 09-15-2012 at 11:30 AM.
tau is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #931
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post


Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


You and Cyndaquil make progress, deeper into the cave, towards the sound of the disturbance. You see the little Cyndaquils head perking up, the faint light of his flames growing brighter as he steeled himself for the coming challenge. You smile to yourself- it's good to see that confidence.

You round a corner, now well away and out of sight of the caverns entrance. You wonder, 'What could possibly drive a bird pokemon so far away from the outside?' You shake the thought away; it doesn't matter right now.

Another explosion of feathers causes you to freeze, and it's lucky you did- a blue of blue and white screams past your face, inches from your nose. You watch it's path, and your eyes widen as you realize it's a Wingull, apparently trapped in the cave.

The bird lands on an outcropping of stone and faces you, its eyes narrowed. It's scared, it's angry, and it's eying you down.

What will you do?



As the silence consumed the cave again Fireray saw a light from Cyndaquils back now clear enough to see his face now. Fireray smiled to himself and wondered if the bird got in though a chute from the cliff.

As they both went round to the corner and the darkness surrounds the both. But as they both stop and an explosion of feathers land in their face. As the Wingull flies to a piece of stone. It then eyes them both down but Fireray can see in its eyes that it's scared and angry. Fireray tries to eye him back but it doesn't work from him.
"Hey Cyndaquil eye him down with Leer then Smokescreen to make it stop panicking." he told his Cyndaquil without letting his eyes off the bird. Cyndaquil was happy to finally battle and with joy started an staring contest
__________________
PASBL-FB
Fireray is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #932
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You stand before the gate, wondering at the sheer magnitude of the mystery and thinky veiled fear that surrounded this place. Who had sealed it so securely, and why? Was it even possible to be reopened? Did the keys still exist?

They must, you decide. And even if they don't, you're going to make the search for them. You've come too far to be shaken off by pessimistic conjecture. You step forward and press the palm of your hand against the massive gateway, noticing with surprise that there is a gentle thrum of energy running through it- not quite an electic current, you decide, but something different, something else. He remove your hand and begin walking along the wall itself, the massive barrier that seperates the Forbidden Garden from the rest of Cloud Garden, looking for anything, anything at all, that might give you a starting point.

It's with some surprise you notice, perhaps fifty meters distant, a trail of white spots, leading a little ways off from the wall. You follow them, kneeling to pick one up every so often, discovering nothing but odd drawings and diagrams of the wall. There is text, but it's some form of shorthand that is probably only coherent to the person who wrote it. The trail leads farther away from the wall, and may have nothing at its end- but then again, if you decide to follow the wall itself, there may be no other potential clue for miles.

What will you do?
Now standing before the gate, Hyrem wondered if it was even possible to find all seven keys. No, they've gotta be somewhere, he thought. It was all a matter of finding them. But where would he start looking?

Oh, look, white spots! And they conveniently formed a trail! Hyrem picked up a few of these white spots, but they were either the weird symbols on the wall or some writing written by someone, and he couldn't understand either. What he did understand was that the trail led away from the gate and off in a completely different direction. It didn't look like he was going to get any more out of the walls; the trail of white was the best clue he had, so he followed it... wherever it would take him. Perhaps to the first key?
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #933
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
OkikuMew

and

Kairne

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


You step back to be clear of the confined space that is to be your arena, giving both Pokemon room to battle without risking yourself getting hurt. Cyndaquil steps forward with renewed courage, leering at the enraged Wingull boldly.

The Wingull growls lowly, its feathers puffing up to make it seem larger. It flaps its wings once and is in the air, charging at Cyndaquil! The Wingull hovers overhead, and lets loose a water gun attack. Cyndaquill leaps to the side, managing to avoid the brunt of the attack, but still takes gets nicked. Wincing at the slight pain from the powerful water torrent, Cyndaquil lowers its head, emitting a smokescreen to protect and hide itself from the Wingull, who looks around in confusion, having lost sight of its opponent.

What will you do?



The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You walk along the path of the sporadically placed bits of crumpled paper, noting as you do so that you are heading vaguely South/Southeast. At least you have plenty of sunlight left, for the time being, you reflect.

This path gradually dries up, but as it does so you realize that you're being led to what seems to be a large copse of trees, or a small forest, the leaves already running the gamut between red and golden-brown, signalling the transition into yet another Autumn. Your steps crunch on fallen leaves and dry, brittle twigs carpeting the grass, and you notice that though you've run out of paper to collect, there is now a clearly defined walking path cut through the undergrowth.

You can sense you're getting closer to whatever or whoever left the trail, but realize that even if you are, that's no guarantee you'll know what to do when you find them.

Something moves, farther in the mini-forest. You have no clear view of what it could it be.

What will you do?
tau is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #934
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You walk along the path of the sporadically placed bits of crumpled paper, noting as you do so that you are heading vaguely South/Southeast. At least you have plenty of sunlight left, for the time being, you reflect.

This path gradually dries up, but as it does so you realize that you're being led to what seems to be a large copse of trees, or a small forest, the leaves already running the gamut between red and golden-brown, signalling the transition into yet another Autumn. Your steps crunch on fallen leaves and dry, brittle twigs carpeting the grass, and you notice that though you've run out of paper to collect, there is now a clearly defined walking path cut through the undergrowth.

You can sense you're getting closer to whatever or whoever left the trail, but realize that even if you are, that's no guarantee you'll know what to do when you find them.

Something moves, farther in the mini-forest. You have no clear view of what it could it be.

What will you do?
Continuing down the trail, Hyrem sees that he is being led further Southeast until there is no more mysterious paper to follow. "Wow," he said aloud, "this place is pretty cool."

This small forest showed signs of Autumn: colorful leaves, lots of them on the ground. Now there was a clear trail to follow, and he was likely getting closer to something, though whether it was the key was anyone's guess. Someone... or something left this paper trail, perhaps wanting to guide Hyrem to this forest.

Movement. There, inside the colorful forest of autumn. It was so hard to see what it could be, though.

"Um, hello?" Hyrem called out. "Is someone there? Are you the one who left these papers for me?"

No answer.

"I guess I'll follow then," he said to no one in particular, except maybe himself. And with that, he took his first few steps into the forest of autumn, acting solely on instinct since intellect was clearly not going to get him anywhere.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #935
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post

Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


Your hopes for adventure are answered, though so suddenly and in such a way that for a moment you are left to wonder if it is a good thing, or a bad one. As you near this apparent nesting area, you are nearly thrown to the ground by the most unlikely of happenstance- rushing out of the nest, towards, sprints its occupant. No Spearow, no Pidgey, not even a Murkrow.

Somehow, high on this hill, surrounded by rock and scraggly grass, a Doduo rushes you in defense of its nest. You momentarily ponder who she got up here, but the call to action pushes such trivialities from your mind. You deftly side-step to avoid being trampled and turn to face the Doduo as it rounds on you again, preparing for another charge.

What will you do?
Profile

Using his eyes as a visor once more, Kairne glimpses a flash of movement, headed right at him. Without missing a beat, Kairne throws himself out of the way, feeling his bones creak a bit as he does so. Looking up, the thing, a young Dodue, seems ready to charge once more. Kairne knows what he has to do, Grabbing to his belt, he takes the ball of his beloved Gothita, a male one named Baudelaire. "Baudelaire, come on out!" he shouts as he throws the ball.

The young Gothita comes out in a flash of light, ready for battle. "Use a Confusion to start. Then zap him with a Thunderbolt!" Gothita prepares himself for the battle...
Slash is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #936
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
OkikuMew

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Fireray

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


You step clear of the battle space, folding your arms across your chest as Baudelaire assumed a fighting stance opposite the angry Doduo.

Before he had a chance to react to your orders, however, the Doduo charged in once again in a flurry of viscous movements- a quick attack!

Baudelaire attempts to jump away, but the speed of the Doduo outmatches him- the Gothita is knocked to the side. He recovers nicely, however, and lands lightly on his feet. The smaller Pokemon stares down the Doduo, releasing a pent up blast of psychic energy in the form of confusion.

The Doduo staggers back in pain, and charges once more- however, it seems the attack worked! In it's confusion, the Doduo runs one of its heads straight into a large rock, leaving it reeling! Baudelaire presses his lead, releasing a powerful Thunderbolt.

Unable to even coordinate basic movements, the Doduo is defenseless- she's blasted backwards, singed feathers flying in all directions. It looks like the jolt shook the bird back to its senses, however, as it is still standing and has all four of its eyes trained straight on its enemy, the Gothita.

The Doduo lowers its heads for another charge, beginning to threateningly growl.


What will you do?



The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You press into the forest, making your way towards the mysterious rustling you'd heard. Even if it was nothing- and it had to be something, this whole place was too damn weird for it not to be- it was worth a look, right?

You pass into what seems like a makeshift campsite, complete with a tarp fashioned into a tent and a small fire pit. The fire itself is out, though you notice that there are still embers of red left in the black and gray ash of it's last use. You kneel down to peak into the tent, curious as to what it might contain, when you are bowled over by someone crawling frantically out of the tent!

Running on all fours, the man stumbles just as you manage to avoid a collision with him, rolling to his back. He stares up at you, his eyes wide, his chest heaving. You blink, and begin to ask if he's alright, when he cuts you off-

"D-don't follow him! H-he, he, he came back, but it wasn't him, he was something else! The gate works, b-but not in the way you think!" He pants heavily, almost shouting at you as he crawls away, staring... not at, but... almost through you.

You stand, and take a step forward to help the disturbed man to his feet, but before you can reach him, he's regained his feet and taken off in a dead sprint through the forest. The sounds of him crashing through undergrowth and dead leaves fades, leaving you alone with the abandoned camp...

...and the small journal that had fallen out of the strange mans coat.

What will you do?
tau is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #937
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


You step clear of the battle space, folding your arms across your chest as Baudelaire assumed a fighting stance opposite the angry Doduo.

Before he had a chance to react to your orders, however, the Doduo charged in once again in a flurry of viscous movements- a quick attack!

Baudelaire attempts to jump away, but the speed of the Doduo outmatches him- the Gothita is knocked to the side. He recovers nicely, however, and lands lightly on his feet. The smaller Pokemon stares down the Doduo, releasing a pent up blast of psychic energy in the form of confusion.

The Doduo staggers back in pain, and charges once more- however, it seems the attack worked! In it's confusion, the Doduo runs one of its heads straight into a large rock, leaving it reeling! Baudelaire presses his lead, releasing a powerful Thunderbolt.

Unable to even coordinate basic movements, the Doduo is defenseless- she's blasted backwards, singed feathers flying in all directions. It looks like the jolt shook the bird back to its senses, however, as it is still standing and has all four of its eyes trained straight on its enemy, the Gothita.

The Doduo lowers its heads for another charge, beginning to threateningly growl.


What will you do?
Profile again.

After dealing a devastating blow to his foe, Kairne can see his Baudelaire is still a bit put off by the growl from the large bird.

"Don't let her get to you! Give her a nice Tickle to start!" Kairne said. "Follow up with another Thunderbolt." His eyes steel, as he stares at the Pokemon attacking his Baudelaire. "I believe in you, Baudelaire," he said softy.
Slash is offline  
Old 09-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #938
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,309
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You press into the forest, making your way towards the mysterious rustling you'd heard. Even if it was nothing- and it had to be something, this whole place was too damn weird for it not to be- it was worth a look, right?

You pass into what seems like a makeshift campsite, complete with a tarp fashioned into a tent and a small fire pit. The fire itself is out, though you notice that there are still embers of red left in the black and gray ash of it's last use. You kneel down to peak into the tent, curious as to what it might contain, when you are bowled over by someone crawling frantically out of the tent!

Running on all fours, the man stumbles just as you manage to avoid a collision with him, rolling to his back. He stares up at you, his eyes wide, his chest heaving. You blink, and begin to ask if he's alright, when he cuts you off-

"D-don't follow him! H-he, he, he came back, but it wasn't him, he was something else! The gate works, b-but not in the way you think!" He pants heavily, almost shouting at you as he crawls away, staring... not at, but... almost through you.

You stand, and take a step forward to help the disturbed man to his feet, but before you can reach him, he's regained his feet and taken off in a dead sprint through the forest. The sounds of him crashing through undergrowth and dead leaves fades, leaving you alone with the abandoned camp...

...and the small journal that had fallen out of the strange mans coat.

What will you do?
It wasn't too long of a walk into this unusual forest when Hyrem spots a campsite. The fire looked like it was put out recently, so the site could've still been occupied. Hyrem was curious and was about to look inside the tent to see if someone was inside... Well, someone was inside, but he suddenly rushed out of the tent and knocked Hyrem down. The young trainer blinked as the man stared up at him. "Hey, sir, are you all ri-" Hyrem started to say.

"D-don't follow him! H-he, he, he came back, but it wasn't him, he was something else! The gate works, b-but not in the way you think!"

Hyrem had no idea what to think. What did he mean? After the trainer sees the man stare at something behind him, not exactly at him, he crawls away, and Hyrem tries to help him, but he gets up and runs away. Hyrem soon notices a journal on the ground which had to belong to the guy, so he quickly picked it up and shouted, "Hey mister, you left-" But he was nowhere in sight. Another clue, perhaps? He opened up the journal to see what was inside.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #939
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


You step back to be clear of the confined space that is to be your arena, giving both Pokemon room to battle without risking yourself getting hurt. Cyndaquil steps forward with renewed courage, leering at the enraged Wingull boldly.

The Wingull growls lowly, its feathers puffing up to make it seem larger. It flaps its wings once and is in the air, charging at Cyndaquil! The Wingull hovers overhead, and lets loose a water gun attack. Cyndaquill leaps to the side, managing to avoid the brunt of the attack, but still takes gets nicked. Wincing at the slight pain from the powerful water torrent, Cyndaquil lowers its head, emitting a smokescreen to protect and hide itself from the Wingull, who looks around in confusion, having lost sight of its opponent.

What will you do?



Fireray quickly step back as Cyndaquil leapt forward greeting his oppenent by staring into its eyes. The Wingull gets even angrier by this move. 'Just as I thought' thougt Fireray to himself watching in amazment as the Wingull wanted to make himself bigger and stronger though growl. The Wingull charged foward and Cyndaquil was only watching him as the bird hovered.Wingull shot his water gun and it was only then when Cyndaquil finally came back to the world and tried to dodge but unfortently got hit a bit.'Great I didn't want a battle' thougt Fireray.
"Cyndaquil wait till Wingull appears again to tackle it then Smokescreen then lead it slowly to the light" Fireray told Cyndaquil. 'Just gotta keep Cyndaquil alive for now and endure him till my crappy friend can show up' Fireray thought while hatching a plan to catch that Wingull.

OoC:What Level is that Wingull?
__________________
PASBL-FB
Fireray is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #940
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #51 (September 16, 2012)

Hello updatees, I'll be able to do Rapid Fire Updates today, and possibly tomorrow if anyone is up to it, just reply if you want and I'll update as soon as I can. Otherwise I'll try to update next weekend.

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Kitty darts towards the Rapidash, ramming into it with a Fake Out, spooking it slightly, making it neigh and raise its front legs. "Rapidash, relax! Use a Quick Attack on them! Then hit them both with Ember! Finish this by Growling as loudly as you can, make sure to show them who is the boss!" A Water Pulse hits the Rapidash, taking health away from it, and while the attack is super effective, it doesn't seem to be as effective as it should be. The Rapidash dashes towards Kitty first, who is unable to dodge the attack, sending her back to your feet as she is hit, and then it Quick Attacks Minori, who also gets hit by the attack, lowering his health slightly, as well as Kitty's. Both Pokémon shake off the attack, recovering from it rather quickly, Monori recovering from it quick enough to dodge the Ember the Rapidash spat towards him right after the first attack, but Kitty is not so lucky as the flames hit her and take a bit of health away from her as they disappear. Minori charges and spits out another Water Pulse at the Rapidash, making it stop while the water attack hits it. The horse with the fire mane gets out of the way after being struck by the water attack, and Growls loudly, intimidating both Skitty and Seel, both their attacks lowered after that. Kitty winks at the Rapidash, sending a heart shaped bubble at it. The bubble explodes on the Rapidash, with the Attract resulting with no effect. "Haha, you'll need to do better than that if you want to beat me! Hit them with a Flame Wheel first! Then follow it up by Stomping all over them and raise your speed with Agility!"

What will you do now?


Comet's Corner
YDT:
Both the Pichu and Swablu run behind both your legs as the battle starts, as if expecting you to protect them from the Boldore. The Boldore seems to be officially done with trying to intimidate you, as he begins to charge at you. Lucky for you, Pinochlette manages to create an almost invisible shield with Protect around you, the Boldore slamming into it instead of you, absorbing the attack before disappearing. Skubble rushes towards the Boldore's side, slamming its bone on the Boldore. The Bone Club seems to work, as the Boldore cries out in pain as the bone makes contact. The Boldore growls loudly, slashing the ground beneath it, sending dirt towards Skubble's face, which he manages to dodge as the Sand-Attack gets closer, missing him by an inch. The Boldore keeps looking at Skubble, with no intention of backing down...

What will you do now?

Takeo: Grace is the first to make a move this time, charging at the snake, who seems quite alarmed seeing the fox on fire approaching it rapidly, too quick for it to dodge the attack successfully. The Flame Charge pushes the Ekans out of the way, takin a health away from it, but not stopping it from retaliating as it once again sends another batch of Poison Sting. Grace struggles as the attack hits her, unable to move away from the attack, but manages to eventually charge up enough to Incinerate the Ekans. She spits out the wall of fire, hitting the Ekans directly, setting it on fire. The Ekans hisses as the attack hits it, lunging at Grace. The fire covering it disappears as it flies through the air, trying to take a Bite out of Grace, but she dodges the first strike when it got close enough. Grace yelps as the snakes fangs bypass the fur on the back left paw and injure her as the Ekans strikes with another Bite. She shakes her paw violently, trying to get the snake off her leg, until it finally let's go, with the damage being quite visible as the pain on her face is shown as she steps with the left back paw. She quickly starts to Dig, and disappears. The snake moves around, trying to get a sense of where Grace is, but it is unable to do it as the Ekans is launched into the air with Grace emerging right underneath it. It lands a few feet away, having taken quite a bit of damage from the attack, but hisses at Grace, ready to continue...

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: He looks directly at you, almost teary eyed, "Wow, thank you so much! Of course!" He returns a sincere smile, even if the situation he is currently in isn't a very pleasant one to say the least. "Good idea too! Ruby will definitely help us with her Odor Sleuth, won't you Ruby?" Ruby barks at her trainer in agreement, though the weariness from her battle is now setting in as she seems to be panting, looking quite tired, "Alright then, let us follow the trail shall we?"

With you help, Christian hops on his leg with you supporting him on the other side, and although it isn't as quick as you expect, you finally make it back to where you fought the monkeys. Ruby keeps up with the scent, with the Odor Sleuth still leading her towards the monkeys, or at least the path they took.

A minute after passing through that area you start to hear some angry screeching, no more than 20 feet in front of you. The silhouettes of three flying creatures appear a short distance from you, and as you take a closer look, you are able to identify them. A group of 3 Zubat seem to be be flying above something, taking swipes at it and shrieking angrily. What seems to be a small blue beetle lays on the ground, and it seems to be protecting something, with the Zubat's attacking it. "Kar-Kar-Karr!" It grunts as the bats continue attacking it, not noticing you or your group. "What do they want from it?" Christian asks in a rather upset hushed tone. It seems you can go around them if you want, since they are preoccupied with the Karrablast, but it doesn't look like it'll last that much longer against them...

What will you do?

Nagasaki: The Nidoran tries to strike first, ramming into Blazer with a Tackle, taking little health away from him, but Blazer quickly takes advantage of the closeness between them and swipes the Nidoran with a Night Slash. The Nidoran shrieks in pain, and stumbles a bit, before falling to the ground, unable to battle any further. Level up for Torchic!

"Well, it looks like we are done dealing with these mischievous critters," Anne says, holding the Pokéball that now houses one of the Nidoran in her hand. "We don't have any replacement wheels or a way to repair the tires popped by the Nidoran's attack," the man says. Anne then starts again, "Okay, now we need to think of a way to get these supplies to the Pokémon Center. We will need to make at least two trips if we take what we can and then come back, which means we would need to leave someone here to guard the rest of the supplies, so I'd rather not do that. Any idea on how we can take the supplies in one go? Wait, I have someone that can maybe help us!" Anne takes another Pokéball from her belt, and releases a brown bird with a green stick. "Far-Far-Fetch!" it chirps. "Okay so we have a Ponyta, Chikorita, Torchic, and Farfetch'd what do you think we should do? My Pokémon know all their Hidden Machine, Egg and Move Tutor moves if that helps." Anne adds. With only trees, dirt, a truck (with 2 doors in the back that are about 6 feet wide by 10 feet high), and the Pokémon you see at your disposal, (including the wild KO'ed Nidoran) it looks like walking there with the supplies will be a last resort, with at least two trips needed.

What will you do?

Thrain: "Good idea, we'll make a run for it once we get a chance!" Steven says to you. The Ariados sends another String Shot towards Blaze, further covering his body in the string. He then releases small flames on the strings around his body, disappearing as the Ember touches it. "Now!" Steven says as the clearing is now safe to run across with no problem. Everyone starts to run, with the spiders slightly confused for a second, before realizing you are running away. They then start to follow your pack, but both Quilava and Growlithe unleash their Flamethrower at the spiders, all three falling to the ground, KO'ed. Level up for Growlithe! "This doesn't look good. Let's hurry to the center!" And with no objections, you continue on your way to the Pokémon Center with Steven.

You walk fast for about 10 minutes, before you start to hear some rumbling behind you. "What's that sound?" Steven asks, turning around, and seeing nothing but trees. He shrugs as you both continue, though the rumbling seems to be getting closer after a few seconds. Turning to look back, you then see something completely out of the ordinary. What seems to be an stampede of spiders is getting closer by the second, and they seem to be going in the exact same direction you and Steven are going. "Runnnnnn!" Steven says. The spiders seem to be moving closer to you by the second, even with you both running, with them following about 30-40 seconds behind you and Steven. It looks like you'll need a plan to escape or stop the incoming spiders unless you want to deal with easily at least 20 Ariados...

What will you do?

ChaoticHell83: "Okay, wrap this up with a Screech and then hit it with a double Slash!" The conclusion of this battle seems to be near, with both Pokémon determined to give it their all in this round. Gaius almost teleports himself next to Leavanny with the speed of Quick Attack, tackling the plant/bug type with all his power. She staggers back a few feet before releasing an ear splitting Screech, which affects Gaius greatly as he tries to cover his, uhhhh, ears with his claws in vain. Gaius once again strikes Leavanny with Quick Attack, this time knocking her to the floor. She stays down for a few seconds without moving, before slowly getting up, weaker than ever, shaking as she gets up. "Leavanny you can do this, just one more attack!" She gets up, struggling to stay up before charging towards Gaius. That is until she stops halfway there, unable to continue she falls to the ground, KO'ed. Level up for Scizor! "You did it!" Yolanda screams at you, rushing to your side, with her father right behind her.

"Congratulations! It looks like you are more than qualified to help us deal with them." Mateos quickly storms off after recalling Leavanny, clearly upset at his defeat. "Don't mind him, his pride gets the better of him sometimes." Ismael says, shaking his head as he watches his son leave. "Anyway, Yolanda will help you out while you stay with us. Please excuse me." He then retreats into a hut as everyone else stops staring at the field and starts to walk around and chatter, continuing what they were doing before. "Okay, so, since we have no information on where the poachers are right now, we can either go to see if we find anything in the forest, where the people from our village are scouting, or we can gather some healing supplies in case we need them." She then takes a look at Gaius, whose damage and tiredness is quite visible as he makes his way over to you, "Oh my, you put up quite a fight! You should feel better after eating this." She hands Gaius a Sitrus Berry, "If you want you can also rest up until we find some more information, Gaius will be fine after eating that, and his energy will return as well after a while." She then turn to you once again, "So! What do you want to do?"

How will you respond?

biggggg5: The Caterpie responds with a nervous looking nod, "Pii...", as Hotstuff then jumps at the Beedrill, grabbing and slamming it into the ground with Strength. The bee squeals in pain, and gets up with its spear like limbs, before growling loudly and flying once again, trying to Focus Energy into the battle, raising its attack and accuracy further. Hotstuff one again jumps towards the Beedrill, Scratching it, and dipping its health a little more. The Beedrill furiously starts to jab Hotstuff again with Fury Attack, making Hotstuff's health drop moderately. After the last jab, he unleashes another Heat Wave, passing straight through the Beedrill, who tries to shake off the attack, taking another chunk of damage. Pandora shoots her String Shot at the Beedrill after the Heat Wave's effect disappears, covering it in the string once again, making it fly with difficulty, but not before the Beedrill bursts into flames, with the burn damage taking effect. It doesn't look like either Pokémon will last much longer with both Pokémon panting loudly, Hotstuff from exhaustion and the Beedrill from damage taken...

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.



Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
"Fire type attacks?" The little girl starts to think, looking slightly confused as she tries to recall a fire attack Pixie should know, without knowing what your plan is, until she finally seems to get it, "Oh! She knows fire...no, that's not it..flame...Flamethrower! She knows Flamethrower! That's it! Do you think you can do it Pixie?" The fox quickly escapes her trainer's arms before running to the field, while a little wobbly, but definitely ready to help out. "Be careful!" The girl says to her Pokémon as she stops next to Zeke. Flames begins to spout out from Zeke's mouth as he uses Overheat, being expelled in every direction. Some of the flames manage to hit the Geodude, burning it for some damage, but some of the flames also hit Pixie, whose fire power increases rapidly as the fire flows through her body with her ability. Zeke is unable to keep up the intense fire attack for long, slowing down and looking very tired after that. The Geodude lunges at Zeke, who disappears into his Pokéball right as the Geodude is about to Tackle him. Vulpix charges up the fire attack while the Geodude looks around for Zeke, releasing the Flamethrower right at him, sending the rock rolling back with the intensity of the attack. The Vulpix retreats to her trainer's side as Maxwell then takes over. Suddenly a moderately sized rock is thrown at Maxwell as he starts to get near the Geodude, who seems to be panting quite loudly now. The Rock Thrown hits Maxwell head on, breaking into pieces as he is hit by it. Covered in dirt, Maxwell jumps into the air before whipping his tail rapidly, creating a Sonic Boom, which explodes on contact as it hits the Geodude. The air clears around the attack, with the Geodude grumbling at Maxwell, quite upset. It doesn't look like it'll be able to take much more damage, but it also doesn't look like it'll go down without a fight...

What will you do now?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #941
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest

biggggg5: The Caterpie responds with a nervous looking nod, "Pii...", as Hotstuff then jumps at the Beedrill, grabbing and slamming it into the ground with Strength. The bee squeals in pain, and gets up with its spear like limbs, before growling loudly and flying once again, trying to Focus Energy into the battle, raising its attack and accuracy further. Hotstuff one again jumps towards the Beedrill, Scratching it, and dipping its health a little more. The Beedrill furiously starts to jab Hotstuff again with Fury Attack, making Hotstuff's health drop moderately. After the last jab, he unleashes another Heat Wave, passing straight through the Beedrill, who tries to shake off the attack, taking another chunk of damage. Pandora shoots her String Shot at the Beedrill after the Heat Wave's effect disappears, covering it in the string once again, making it fly with difficulty, but not before the Beedrill bursts into flames, with the burn damage taking effect. It doesn't look like either Pokémon will last much longer with both Pokémon panting loudly, Hotstuff from exhaustion and the Beedrill from damage taken...

What will you do now?
"Alright, great job Hotstuff you are almost done. Give it two more heat waves and then a scratch to finish it off if it still isn't knocked out." Big orders his Pokemon, gradually getting more used to giving them commands. Man it is so weird having someone do what I tell them to. He thinks to himself. Big notices how tired his Charmender is. I hope Hotstuff isn't angry with me for wearing him out so much. I will have to give him an awful long rest after this to make up for it Hotstuff seems to notice his trainers worry and gives him a thumbs up telling him that he will be fine.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 09-16-2012 at 12:43 PM.
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #942
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
OkikuMew

>>> Your Update Link <<<

Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


Your pokemon nods, leaping back into the fray through the haze of smoke that filled the cavern. The Wingull cried out, its voice echoing off the walls, as it attempted to find the Cyndaquil. Wingull passed through the veil of smoke, spotting you. Just before it makes another movement, however, Cyndaquil comes leaping from out of a dark corner, his tackle knocking the bird out of the air.

The Wingull rolled once then pushed itself back to its feet, throwing its wings out and leaning forward, emitting a powerful Supersonic! Cyndaquil lowers its head, shaking and backing up slowly. It attempted to create a new smokescreen, but as it did so it stumbled on its own legs and fell to the ground in confusion!

The Wingull fired another water gun at the poor fire pokemon, hitting it directly, knocking it deeper into the cavern!

Cyndaquil stands up groggily- the water knocked away its confusion, and it's hurt, but it's still ready to fight. This little Cyndaquil doesn't wanna give up!

What will you do?


OOC: The level of the wild Pokemon will generally be within 1 or 2 levels of your own.

Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


Baudelaire dashed for the Doduo, arms outstretched. Before the wild Pokemon could react, the Gothita had begun to tickle it- the Doduo stumbled away, wiggling and kicking and flailing to escape.

As Baudelaire attempted to step back and loose another attack, one of the Doduos heads came down hard with a savage peck! Baudeliare stumbled back a step, but retaliated with a mighty thunderbolt!

The Doduo fell to the ground, slowly and shakily picking itself back up.

It seems as though she might be running out of energy, she looks ready to pass out!

What will you do?


The Forbidden Garden

Gemini Spark


You stand, alone now, clutching the diary of a madman. You walk towards the makeshift tent and drop to sit on an overturned log near the entrance, cracking open the journal to a page near the beginning.

You skim more than read, as the first entries are mundane notes on lab experiments and work schedules. However, you pause on one page a bit farther in, recognizing a small doodle in the corner- it was one of the same symbols on the scraps of paper that had led you to this spot.

Your eyes scan down to the text below, and you begin to read of a small group of scientists who had apparently had the same idea as you- gain entrance to the Forbidden Garden. You grin to yourself, the oddity of a frightened man in the woods momentarily forgotten as you read through the notes assembled for you.

Drawing heavily from folklore and local rumor, apparently the researchers had decided to seek one of two locations outside the wall that supposedly had some connection to the keys- one was an ancient structure, a building perhaps used to house one or more of the keys.

The next page is missing, the page containing the location of the other potential hiding spot for the keys. You frown, but realize at least you have one destination- there was a crudely drawn map on the page, leading you around the wall towards a point marked with a simple:

'key???'

What will you do?
tau is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #943
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Thrain: "Good idea, we'll make a run for it once we get a chance!" Steven says to you. The Ariados sends another String Shot towards Blaze, further covering his body in the string. He then releases small flames on the strings around his body, disappearing as the Ember touches it. "Now!" Steven says as the clearing is now safe to run across with no problem. Everyone starts to run, with the spiders slightly confused for a second, before realizing you are running away. They then start to follow your pack, but both Quilava and Growlithe unleash their Flamethrower at the spiders, all three falling to the ground, KO'ed. Level up for Growlithe! "This doesn't look good. Let's hurry to the center!" And with no objections, you continue on your way to the Pokémon Center with Steven.

You walk fast for about 10 minutes, before you start to hear some rumbling behind you. "What's that sound?" Steven asks, turning around, and seeing nothing but trees. He shrugs as you both continue, though the rumbling seems to be getting closer after a few seconds. Turning to look back, you then see something completely out of the ordinary. What seems to be an stampede of spiders is getting closer by the second, and they seem to be going in the exact same direction you and Steven are going. "Runnnnnn!" Steven says. The spiders seem to be moving closer to you by the second, even with you both running, with them following about 30-40 seconds behind you and Steven. It looks like you'll need a plan to escape or stop the incoming spiders unless you want to deal with easily at least 20 Ariados...

What will you do?

Steven agreed with Eric's idea right away, also acknowledging that something fishy was more than likely happening at the Centre. The duo paused for a few seconds, searching for an opening. One of the spiders took advantage of this momentary pause with another String Shot that wrapped around Blaze's already sticky form. Growling in irritation, the fiery pup quickly summoned some Embers that burnt away the gunky web. "Now!" Steven called as soon as Blaze freed himself, deciding it was now or never. Eric and Blaze took off at a fast sprint, aiming for a throng of trees off to the side, away from the Ariados. The spiders looked on in puzzlement as they watched their prey begin to escape; jumping into action, they started to follow close behind, skittering as fast as possible. Both Pyro and Blaze saw the pursuit, unleashing a paired Flamethrower attack. This seemed to be the final straw, for the Ariados let loose one last cry before falling to the ground in defeat. (Blaze grew from Lv. 12 to Lv. 13!) "Great job, guys!" Eric called as he slowed his pace to a walk. Steven, however, remained running at a fast gait. His expression was quite serious as he encouraged Eric to hurry along with him to the Pokémon Centre.

---

After ten minutes, a slow rumbling filled the air. Steven and Eric had been running nonstop and were panting heavily. Whenever the noise reached the pair, Eric sighed in exasperation. "What now?" he asked aloud, not breaking his fast stride. Turning, the duo did a double take when they saw a stampede of Ariados charging at them. Although the herd of spiders was quite a distance away, it was skittering in the same direction Eric and Steven were heading, only doubling the suspicion and fear that had settled within the duo's stomachs. Something was definitely wrong in Cloud Forest. "Ruuuuuun," Steven shouted. There was no point in running, though, for they would be overrun no matter which direction they turned to. Realizing this quickly, Eric yelled to Steven as they continued sprinting. "Are we close enough to the Centre to get there before these Pokémon overtake us?" Not waiting for a response, he continued with his plan. "If not, we should probably try and climb up a tree to avoid the herd," Eric suggested, pointing upwards at a few tree limbs that were low to the ground. "It's a little unorthodox, but it's our only way to avoid the Ariados. There's no way we'll be able to fight them off."

Eric paused, waiting for Steven's answer. If they were close to the Centre, he hoped they could arrive in time; if not, well, up a tree they'd go...



Thrain is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #944
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: He looks directly at you, almost teary eyed, "Wow, thank you so much! Of course!" He returns a sincere smile, even if the situation he is currently in isn't a very pleasant one to say the least. "Good idea too! Ruby will definitely help us with her Odor Sleuth, won't you Ruby?" Ruby barks at her trainer in agreement, though the weariness from her battle is now setting in as she seems to be panting, looking quite tired, "Alright then, let us follow the trail shall we?"

With you help, Christian hops on his leg with you supporting him on the other side, and although it isn't as quick as you expect, you finally make it back to where you fought the monkeys. Ruby keeps up with the scent, with the Odor Sleuth still leading her towards the monkeys, or at least the path they took.

A minute after passing through that area you start to hear some angry screeching, no more than 20 feet in front of you. The silhouettes of three flying creatures appear a short distance from you, and as you take a closer look, you are able to identify them. A group of 3 Zubat seem to be be flying above something, taking swipes at it and shrieking angrily. What seems to be a small blue beetle lays on the ground, and it seems to be protecting something, with the Zubat's attacking it. "Kar-Kar-Karr!" It grunts as the bats continue attacking it, not noticing you or your group. "What do they want from it?" Christian asks in a rather upset hushed tone. It seems you can go around them if you want, since they are preoccupied with the Karrablast, but it doesn't look like it'll last that much longer against them...

What will you do?
The Karrablast seemed to be in a great deal of trouble, and Levin wasn't sure the Zubat would relent with the beetle simply fainting. Even though his idea of using Odor Sleuth seemed to be working, he couldn't bring himself to ignore the poor bug. If they were fast enough in dealing with the bats, maybe they could even resume their search quickly.

- Wait here Christian, I'll go help that Karrablast. Ruby, keep an eye on your trainer alright?

I'm not sure I could defeat three Zubat fast enough in a head-on battle... I'll just scare them away, these don't seem to belong to any trainer so making them disperse should be fairly easy.

- Out you go, Opal and Min!

Releasing his Venonat and Minccino, he explained his idea briefly.

- Alright girls, here's how we'll do it. Zubat are blind, but they're still deeply bothered by strong light; also, they're extremely sensitive to sound, so what we'll do is scare them as hard as we can.
Opal, when I give the signal unleash a strong Flash, and at the same time Min, use your Hyper Voice. The combination should terrify them and make them scatter so I can move in, reach Karrablast and whatever it's protecting and bring them back!

As the two Pokémon closed in on the attackers, Levin snapped his fingers.

- Okay, now!
__________________

Last edited by MarbleZone; 09-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #945
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Hello updatees, I'll be able to do Rapid Fire Updates today, and possibly tomorrow if anyone is up to it, just reply if you want and I'll update as soon as I can. Otherwise I'll try to update next weekend.

Comet's Corner
Takeo: Grace is the first to make a move this time, charging at the snake, who seems quite alarmed seeing the fox on fire approaching it rapidly, too quick for it to dodge the attack successfully. The Flame Charge pushes the Ekans out of the way, takin a health away from it, but not stopping it from retaliating as it once again sends another batch of Poison Sting. Grace struggles as the attack hits her, unable to move away from the attack, but manages to eventually charge up enough to Incinerate the Ekans. She spits out the wall of fire, hitting the Ekans directly, setting it on fire. The Ekans hisses as the attack hits it, lunging at Grace. The fire covering it disappears as it flies through the air, trying to take a Bite out of Grace, but she dodges the first strike when it got close enough. Grace yelps as the snakes fangs bypass the fur on the back left paw and injure her as the Ekans strikes with another Bite. She shakes her paw violently, trying to get the snake off her leg, until it finally let's go, with the damage being quite visible as the pain on her face is shown as she steps with the left back paw. She quickly starts to Dig, and disappears. The snake moves around, trying to get a sense of where Grace is, but it is unable to do it as the Ekans is launched into the air with Grace emerging right underneath it. It lands a few feet away, having taken quite a bit of damage from the attack, but hisses at Grace, ready to continue...

What will you do now?

Grace was the first to strike,
charging head first at the snake,
who seemed quite alarmed seeing the fox ablaze rapidly approaching,

The Flame Charge pushed the Ekans out of the way, she was too quick for it to dodge the attack successfully, taking a bit of health from the snake,
but that didn't stop it from retaliating as it once again sent another batch of Poison Stings.
Grace struggled as the attack connected,
immobilizing her,
she some how still managed to charge up enough power to Incinerate the slithering serpent.

She spat out a wall of fire, completely burning the Ekans, hissing as the attack hit home, and setting it on fire.
The Ekans lunged at Grace, the fire covering it's body disappeard as it flew through the air, trying to take a Bite out of Grace, but she simply dodged the first strike.

Grace yelped as the snakes fangs bypassed the fur on the back of her left paw, injuring her as the Ekans dug deeper with another Bite.

She shook her paw violently, trying to get the serpent off her leg, until it finally let go, with the damage being quite visible on her face with ever step she took.
She wasted no time, quickly Digging, and disappeared underground.

The snake moved around, trying to get a sense of where Grace was, but it was unable to do so as the Ekans was launched high into the air with Grace emerging right underneath it. Ekans landed a few feet away, having taken quite a large amount of damage from the attack, but the Ekans still hissed violently at Grace, ready to continue...

"You just don't give up do you?," he addressed Ekans,
Hallow nervously bit his nails,
I can't afford to drag the fight out any longer, he looked at Grace who had now taken a considerable amount of damage,
"Use Flame Charge!, follow up with Ember!, and finish with Dig!,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #946
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,019
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by tau View Post
Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


Baudelaire dashed for the Doduo, arms outstretched. Before the wild Pokemon could react, the Gothita had begun to tickle it- the Doduo stumbled away, wiggling and kicking and flailing to escape.

As Baudelaire attempted to step back and loose another attack, one of the Doduos heads came down hard with a savage peck! Baudeliare stumbled back a step, but retaliated with a mighty thunderbolt!

The Doduo fell to the ground, slowly and shakily picking itself back up.

It seems as though she might be running out of energy, she looks ready to pass out!

What will you do?
Profile

Kairne sees his beloved Pokemon dive in and viciously attack the bird with a ruthless tickle, distracting her and putting her off a bit. He then cringes as he sees his Gothita gets hit with a nasty Pecking attack. He's concerned, but he still can't help but punch the air slightly as he sees his Pokemon recover from the strike and start an assault of his own, dropping a crackling Thunderbolt on top of the bird. He sees the bird stumble, still conscious but looking fairly worn out, and decides that now is the time to act. Now or never, he tells himself. This bird is mine, he thought to himself. It will be mine.

He reaches into his pack and rustles through the sparse contents for a Ball. He find the pocket he's looking for, still unfamiliar to him, and grabs a Pokeball [2/5], and tosses it at the bird. "Doduo! Come to me!" he cries as the ball leaves his hand, Kairne hoping to make his first ever capture.

Last edited by Slash; 09-16-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Slash is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #947
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Hello updatees, I'll be able to do Rapid Fire Updates today, and possibly tomorrow if anyone is up to it, just reply if you want and I'll update as soon as I can. Otherwise I'll try to update next weekend.

Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
"Fire type attacks?" The little girl starts to think, looking slightly confused as she tries to recall a fire attack Pixie should know, without knowing what your plan is, until she finally seems to get it, "Oh! She knows fire...no, that's not it..flame...Flamethrower! She knows Flamethrower! That's it! Do you think you can do it Pixie?" The fox quickly escapes her trainer's arms before running to the field, while a little wobbly, but definitely ready to help out. "Be careful!" The girl says to her Pokémon as she stops next to Zeke. Flames begins to spout out from Zeke's mouth as he uses Overheat, being expelled in every direction. Some of the flames manage to hit the Geodude, burning it for some damage, but some of the flames also hit Pixie, whose fire power increases rapidly as the fire flows through her body with her ability. Zeke is unable to keep up the intense fire attack for long, slowing down and looking very tired after that. The Geodude lunges at Zeke, who disappears into his Pokéball right as the Geodude is about to Tackle him. Vulpix charges up the fire attack while the Geodude looks around for Zeke, releasing the Flamethrower right at him, sending the rock rolling back with the intensity of the attack. The Vulpix retreats to her trainer's side as Maxwell then takes over. Suddenly a moderately sized rock is thrown at Maxwell as he starts to get near the Geodude, who seems to be panting quite loudly now. The Rock Thrown hits Maxwell head on, breaking into pieces as he is hit by it. Covered in dirt, Maxwell jumps into the air before whipping his tail rapidly, creating a Sonic Boom, which explodes on contact as it hits the Geodude. The air clears around the attack, with the Geodude grumbling at Maxwell, quite upset. It doesn't look like it'll be able to take much more damage, but it also doesn't look like it'll go down without a fight...

What will you do now?


As James’ master plan unfolded, he couldn’t help but smile. Rarely does a plan of his go so well. Normally they would crash and burn in some horrible way, like the local combee deciding to attack, or a mass of rabid buneary to attack everybody in the town. His strange sense of humor let him laugh briefly, then feel bad, then go into a mad panic trying to help everybody. He snapped back into reality, away from his flash back, and took note of the current situation. The Geodude looked weak, but not weak enough for him and the little girl to flee from the battle. “OK Maxwell, let’s finish this! Hone Claws first, then Rock Smash twice!” James called out to Maxwell, and glanced back over to the girl. "Let Pixie rest for now. Maxwell and I can handle this."
__________________

Last edited by Toyo; 09-16-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Sorry Arc. Longer post, yay!
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #948
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Brief note to people in my update group: as of today, I will not be updating in response to replies with less than four lines (preferable minimum of five/six sentences) until they are brought up to that minimum. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, I know we don't always have time to sit and write up lengthy posts, but this is FB policy and I intend to uphold it. Thank you for listening, and I hope you enjoy your adventures!
tau is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #949
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #52 (September 16, 2012)

Note to all my updatees: Stealing what tau said above *points up* but also remember, the more effort you put into your replies, the better the reward will be in the end of your adventures. And if I didn't say it before, I'm saying it now. =p

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Comet's Corner
YDT:
Look back here.

Takeo: The Ekans seems to be desperate trying to make eye contact, Leering at Grace, who seems too busy to make direct eye contact as she begins to run towards the Ekans once again, covered in what seems like a fire cacoon. The Ekans is once again pushed away as she is tackled with the Flame Charge, taking a small dip in its health as it is hit, but more importantly, it seems like the Ekans is now suffering from burn damage. That still doesn't stop it from retaliating with another set of Poison Sting, each of the purple pins disappearing after making contact. Grace sends a bunch of small flames towards the Ekans, the Ember taking even more health away from the Ekans. Grace then begins to Dig, not giving a chance to the Ekans to attack it again, disappearing into the ground, though it seems like the Ekans learned from its past mistake, by staying still and calm, trying to feel where Grace is. The Ekans must feel the ground beneath it shake as it tries to get away after a few seconds, though unable to fully dodge the attack as it is sent flying to its side, rolling a few feet and having taken damage from the attack. The Ekans seems to be struggling a bit as it gets up, the attacks clearly taking a toll on its health, with it also bursting into flames as the burn damage takes effect. Grace is not doing that much better either, panting slightly with her energy usage...

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Both Pokémon unleash their attacks on the Zubat's on your command. On one side, Opal's eyes begin to glow, until they burst out into a blinding light with Flash. The Zubat's screech in panic as the light takes over, and a second later, Min uses Hyper Voice where the Zubat's were last seen. A loud sound wave passes through the Zubat crew, making them even more alarmed than before. They all scatter as the blinding light fades and your eyes adjust themselves, leaving the Karrablast facedown on the floor. You slowly approach the Karrablast on the floor, but it gets up rather quickly as it feels something approaching it, and takes a few steps back as you do get closer, holding a small red and white sphere. The Karrablast seems to be shaken as it holds the small Pokéball in its hands, almost trembling as it looks at you and your team...

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Steven slows down slightly, frantically taking a look at his surroundings, trying to see if he can tell you your exact location, "Well, uhhhh, we are....well..." His eyes light up as you continue to run, "We are near the Pokémon Center! Look!" he says, completely relieved that you will not be spider food just yet. The Pokémon Center seems as bright as ever, with a Pokéball light shining above the entrance. Taking a look back, the spiders still seem to be coming at full speed, headed straight for the Center! The doors automatically slide open as soon as you are both near the entrance of the Pokémon Center. You run in with Steven, and see with four large couches with a few trainers resting on them, and a large bookshelf right next to the entrance, just as tall as the door and twice the length of the door. "What's wrong?" the nurse asks from behind the counter, "You both seem like you've seen a ghost! Are you guys okay?"

How will you respond?

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: The Beedrill struggles to free itself from the string around its body, using Cut on a large part of the string, making them fall to the ground. Just as the string is swiped by the attack, Hotstuff sends a Heat Wave at the Beedrill, making it falter in the air as it is hit. The Beedrill tries to rush in as quickly as possible for a Fury Attack, but is met with another Heat Wave, screeching in agony. After the second wave passes, the Beedrill stays afloat for a second, it's head lowered, before falling to the ground, unable to gather more energy to continue. Level up for Charmander! "Yay! We did it!" the girl says, lifting Pandora into her arms and swinging her around, with panic on the Caterpie's face.

After a few seconds of celebration she then focuses once again, "Okay, now that that's taken care of. What was I saying before?" She looks at her map once again, while the Nuzleaf slowly gets up from the ground, looking better after taking the earlier attack with the Potion helping as well. It then looks at both of you in confusion, as if to ask what two humans are doing here...

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
Maxwell's claws begin to glow, his attack being raised a little by the Hone Claws. The Geodude lunges at Maxwell again, hitting the aquatic weasel with Tackle. Maxwell gets thrown back by the attack, but composes himself and lunges at the Geodude himself, Rock Smashing the Geodude. The Geodude cries out in pain, rubbing his head where the Rock Smash made contact, before grabbing another rock near him, and using it to Rock Throw it at Maxwell. The rock flies towards him at too high a speed, hitting Maxwell right on his body and sending the weasel flying back with the rock before rolling on the ground. Maxwell seems to be getting tired as he begins to pant, but not before rushing towards the Geodude again. Panic sets in on the Geodude, who begins to glow a bright light color as he starts to use Explosion, but defuses unable to finish his attack, rolling to its back, KO'ed as Maxwell's Rock Smash hits it dead on the head again. Level up for Buizel! The little girl cheers for you as the Geodude lays on the floor, blowing a raspberry at the Geodude, before looking around with her Vulpix, "Pixie! Help me look for it! I don't know where I dropped it!" The Vulpix nods at her trainer before sniffing around for whatever the girl lost....

How will you respond?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #950
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Both Pokémon unleash their attacks on the Zubat's on your command. On one side, Opal's eyes begin to glow, until they burst out into a blinding light with Flash. The Zubat's screech in panic as the light takes over, and a second later, Min uses Hyper Voice where the Zubat's were last seen. A loud sound wave passes through the Zubat crew, making them even more alarmed than before. They all scatter as the blinding light fades and your eyes adjust themselves, leaving the Karrablast facedown on the floor. You slowly approach the Karrablast on the floor, but it gets up rather quickly as it feels something approaching it, and takes a few steps back as you do get closer, holding a small red and white sphere. The Karrablast seems to be shaken as it holds the small Pokéball in its hands, almost trembling as it looks at you and your team...

How will you respond?
The Karrablast seemed scared, seriously hurt and wary of the human before him. No wonder, after that vicious assault by the three Zubat… Why were they attacking it, anyway?

- There, it’s alright, I won’t hurt you! I’m here to help, little guy... or girl. – he looked inquisitively at Minccino. He was terrible at getting genders right.

It was only then that he noticed the Pokéball in Karrablast’s tiny hands. So that’s what it was protecting…

- I don’t want to steal that from you. See, we’re friendly! Min, can you use Softboiled to help it feel better?

This was a weird situation for sure. And was it even connected to Christian’s attackers, or a new development altogether? Whichever the case, they couldn’t stay here too long or Ruby would lose the monkeys’ trace.

- Did you find that Pokéball little one? Or were you running away from somebody to protect it? Is your trainer around? Damn, even if it replies I won’t know what it’s saying… Look, if anybody's trying to hurt you, or if you're trying to protect whatever's in that Pokeball, we can help! See, we're after some bad guys ourselves, they hurt my friend over there and stole his Pokémon! What about you, Karrablast? Can you try to explain what happened?

Opal diligently stepped forward and tried talking to Karrablast. She might be shy, but she was always trying her best to help, and probably figured she could get the job done better... perhaps by being a Bug-Type as well? Levin couldn't understand, but it seemed as if the timid Venonat was trying to make Karrablast feel more at ease.
Well, if healing it and offering to help didn't get it to trust them, nothing would. He peaked over his shoulder to see how Christian was doing, concerned that he might lose him out of his sight.

His ankle is broken, you idiot. He's not likely to go anywhere unnoticed, especially with his Growlithe looking after him. Hopefully the scent doesn't fade in the meantime...
__________________

Last edited by MarbleZone; 09-16-2012 at 05:19 PM.
MarbleZone is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.