UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #901
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: (Your response is fine, don't worry about it ^^) Ruby barks, and seems slightly disappointed with the elemental monkeys gone, but probably remembers her trainer as she races to the direction of her trainer, with you slightly shaken with Gaius' bout with one of the monkeys. It isn't long until the fiery canine starts to bark excitedly as she circles a spot ahead, and you see the hole in the ground as well. "Ruby, you're back!" The guy in the hole screams, delight seeming to be winning against his hurt voice. You quickly untangle the Escape Rope and drop it down the hole, and after a few seconds he is says, "Ready!" but a second after he says that, he screams in pain, as you hear a thud in the hole. "Oww! I think I broke my ankle! I don't think I can climb my way up." It doesn't seem like you'll be able to pull this man alone, as Ruby whines anxiously, maybe hoping to help out her trainer in some way. The rope is easily twice the size of the height of the hole, and then some. Looks like you will need to think of a plan or way to get the guy out of the hole without using his leg to help him up.

What will you do?
As they reached the spot where the boy fell, Crix welcomed Levin back with a relived expression. The Elekid didn't seem to have had trouble keeping watch over the hole, and now they were in position to perform their heroic rescue.

If only things would ever be simple...

"Oww! I think I broke my ankle! I don't think I can climb my way up."

Crix looked at his Trainer, visibly annoyed about yet another setback, and Ruby was whining, concerned.

Things just couldn't get any bloody worse, could they?...

The kid was hurt, and a broken ankle made climbing by himself impossible. And he didn't even have a Flying-Type Pokémon to help out... Well, if he did, it would have somewhat pointless hunting down the Bag in the first place, but anyway. He had to find another way...

Crix wasn't anywhere near strong enough to carry the boy on his back, nevermind the fact that he didn't know Rock Climb and neither did any of his other Pokémon. He had to think outside the box, and he was going to need his brightest friends for that.

- Come on out, Min and Zion.

Releasing his Minccino and Beldum, he laid out his plan - or, rather, the rough sketch of what could turn out to be a plan.

- Min, I need you to climb down that rope and use Softboiled on the kid. It won't heal him, but hopefully by easing his pain it will require less effort on our part to pull him out.
Zion, I need you to float down the hole and serve as a rising platform; have him sit on you and try to use your gravitational power to bring him back to the surface. You should be heavy enough to withstand his weight.

As the two Pokémon acknowledged the instructions and entered the trap hole, Levin released his other teammates - Opal the Venonat, Hebi the Dunsparce and Galeon the Gible.

Levin approached the hole and yelled.

- Listen to me! Tie the rope around your waist and sit on my Beldum! It'll bring you up as high as it can, but hang on tight because you'll probably have to suck it up and try to pull yourself up near the end!

He then turned to his team and the Growlithe.

- Everyone, hang on to this rope and when I say, start pulling with everything you got! I doubt Zion is strong enough to bring the boy all the way up, so we will probably have to muscle the last part ourselves! Ready? Here we go!
__________________

Last edited by MarbleZone; 09-02-2012 at 07:34 PM.
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 09-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #902
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #49 (September 03, 2012)

I think I'll do one more update in the next two hours if anyone replies before closing the second and last foreseeable Rapid Fire Day. Hope everyone that replied enjoyed it! Will try to do another eventually for sure.

Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Comet's Corner
YDT:
Look back here.

Takeo: "Great! It looks like there is nothing here though, so let's continue to search elsewhere." He scans everything around him before saying, "There! Let's try to search that way." He points to the east, picking up the small ground piglet. "Swi..." it whines, somewhat disappointed that it no longer is sniffing.

It takes a few minutes of walking before the guy stops and starts to look around, grabbing rock, after rock, after rock, after rock. Everyone looks around as quickly as possible, except for him, who examines each rock closely, "Nothing." he sighs, clearly frustrated before throwing another one of the rocks. Suddenly, you hear angry hissing, "Ekanssssss!" from the direction the rock was thrown in. An Ekans stands before you and Grace, looking quite angry with a red mark on its head. It seems to think you're the one who threw something at it, and as the guy in the lab coat continues to search with Swinub nearby, the Ekans spits out purple pin like projectiles at Grace, who dodges the Poison Sting, with the guy not noticing anything at all...

What will you do?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Everyone nods, and begins to follow your plan, first up, Min. She maneuvers down the rope with no problem, lighting up the hole slightly as she uses Softboiled on the guy, to help out with the pain. Next up, Zion, floating down the hole with no problem, and after almost a minute of grunting the boy says, "Okay, I've tied the rope!" Everything seems to be going according to plan as you take a look back, everyone hanging on to the rope as you give them the signal. Everyone starts to pull with all their power. The rope starts to move up, slowly but surely, 1/4 of the way....1/2.... almost there! The Pokémon seem to be getting tired, though they still keep pulling with all their strength. 3/4's of the way...you then see the head of the guy, dark hair covers it, with his hands clinging on to the edge of the hole and trying to pull himself up as well. He grunts before getting himself up with all the energy he has left, clear from the hole's grasp.

Ruby rushes to her trainer, who is thrown on the floor, wearing a dirt covered clothes, jean and blue polo, possibly in his late teens, licking his face and whining nonstop, "Ruby, Ruby! Calm down! I'm fine!" He says, laughing as she continues to lick his dirt covered face. He slowly gets up and takes a look at you and your Pokémon, all who seem a little tired but will be fine with a little rest. "Thank you so much! I don't know what I would have done without your help." His voice full of sincerity and almost cracking, before getting up slowly and grunting as he steps with his left ankle, but gets slightly support with Ruby. He then looks around, "You wouldn't happen to know where we are or where I could go to get help would you? I'm thinking about going to the nearest place where I can find help, then I'll find those damn thieves myself!" He says angrily, "By the way, I know it's not much, but I want you to have this Big Mushroom for your help." He extends the hand that is not being supported by Ruby after reaching into his pocket with the mushroom in it. "Don't worry about me if you have to go, you've done more than enough to help me out, thank you again. My name is Christian by the way. Thanks again to all of you."

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: "Why yes! I do!" She says, grabbing a Pokéball from the back of her belt, throwing it into the air, "Your time is here Pandora!" A bright light explodes from the Pokéball, taking the shape of a small bug, "Eeeee" the small green caterpillar exclaims. The Caterpie looks around, completely overwhelmed by the battle as she runs to her trainers side. Krys clears her throat as she continues, "Ehem, don't worry, we'll help if you need us to, right Pandora?" The Caterpie nods her head, shaking like a leaf near her trainer's feet. The Nuzleaf looks on at the Caterpie, with a smile on its face, while still recovering from the super effective attack. Meanwhile, another Heat Wave engulfed the Beedrill, who desperately tries to shake the attack off. Hotstuff takes advantage of this and begins hacking the strings around his body with Cut, and just as he slashes the last string clinging on to him, he gets jabbed by the Beedrill as it uses Fury Attack. The jabbing goes on nonstop for a few seconds, Hotstuff crying out in pain with each one, and while each jab only causes a little damage, overall the attack manages to take a reasonable amount of damage. Hotstuff stumbles a little before releasing another Heat Wave at the Beedrill, once again engulfing it in the wave. Small star shaped bright lights are sent towards Hotstuff as the bee uses Swift at him, exploding on contact and taking more health away from him. The Beedrill suddenly bursts into flames for a second, taking a little bit of its health away after being burned by the status effect. Both Pokémon are starting to pant from tiredness and damage. "Okay, we'll give you a clear shot at the Beedrill, make sure to make it count! Pandora use String Shot to slow it down a little for Hotstuff to be able to hit it!"

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
Look back here.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #903
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
I think I'll do one more update in the next two hours if anyone replies before closing the second and last foreseeable Rapid Fire Day. Hope everyone that replied enjoyed it! Will try to do another eventually for sure.

Comet's Corner
Takeo:"Great! It looks like there is nothing here though, so let's continue to search elsewhere." He scans everything around him before saying, "There! Let's try to search that way." He points to the east, picking up the small ground piglet, "Swi..." it whines, somewhat disappointed that it no longer is sniffing.

It takes a few minutes of walking before the guy stops and starts to look around, grabbing rock, after rock, after rock, after rock. Everyone looks around as quickly as possible, except for him, who examines each rock closely, "Nothing." he sighs, clearly frustrated before throwing another one of the rocks. Suddenly, you hear angry hissing, "Ekanssssss!" from the direction the rock was thrown in. An Ekans stands before you and Grace, looking quite angry with a red mark on its head. It seems to think you're the one who threw something at it, and as the guy in the lab coat continues to search with Swinub nearby, the Ekans spits out purple pin like projectiles at Grace, who dodges the Poison Sting, with the guy not noticing anything at all...

What will you do?

Enthusiastically the stranger said "Great! It looks like there is nothing here though, so let's continue to search elsewhere."
He quickly scanned everything around him, "There! Let's try to search that way." He pointed east, picking up the small ground piglet.
"Swi..." it whined, somewhat disappointed that it no longer was sniffing.

It took just a few minutes before the man in the white coat began to search frantically again, the idea of looking for crystals didn't sound all that appealing to Hallow, I wonder what he meant when he said '..be a part of the one of the most memorable events in history!', he thought, maybe I shouldn't have jumped the gun without getting all the information first, I don't even know the man's name, it was often an issue Hallow faced, but with the numberous times he had made a decision with his gut, he quickly resolved it by saying, 'AH WELL,'

Swinub, Grace, and Hallow quickly searched under every rock they came across.
But the man in the white coat took precaution, carefully examining everything, sure not to leave any stone unturned, literally
In his frustration the man took a pitcher's stance and threw the stone.
A *thud* was quickly followed,
"Ekanssssss!,"

"What was that...?,"
Hallow took a quick glance at Grace
"It doesn't sound to happy...does it...?,"

An Ekans now stood before Hallow and Grace, looking quite angry, with a bump now forming on its head, indicating where the stone had landed. It seemed to think Hallow was the one who threw the stone at it,
Quickly connecting the dots, Hallow tried to convince the Ekans it was a simple mistake "Hey...I swear we didn't mea...,"
Cut off, the Ekans expelled a couple purple pin like projectile at Grace,

"Grace dodge!," Hallow yelled.

Grace avoided the Poison Sting attack, landing swiftly on to the grassy plain,
The Poison Sting didn't make its mark
The man in the white coat, unaware of anything, continued to search with his Swinub nearby,

"Hey I was going to be reasonable but now you left me no choice!,"
"Grace keep your distance's, if any one of his Poison Sting's gets too close, burn them and him with Ember !,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #904
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
Sniffling and taking a break from crying, she takes the Potion, "Thank you..." She sprays the Potion on the Vulpix, who moves around a little as it is applied. Maxwell sends a wave of energy towards the Geodude with another Sonicboom, this one slower and less intense than the ones before, which the Geodude manages to evade by rolling into a ball and moves away. The Geodude does a u-turn and heads straight for Maxwell, hitting him with the Rollout. Maxwell is sent flying to the side as he is hit by the rolling rock but manages to get up, ready for more as the Geodude continues to roll around. You then hear a weak whimper, "Vul?" "Pixie!" The girl exclaims as the small fox opens her eyes a little and looks at her trainer, pain in her eyes, before licking her trainer's face. "You are okay! Thank you so much!" she say, turning to you, happy tears sliding down her face as she holds her Vulpix. The Geodude seems to be going doing another u-turn towards Maxwell as the girl looks at you, completely grateful for your help.

What will you do now?


Of course I have to disappear during your rapid fire days. >.>

Grinning at the sight of the awakened Vulpix, James turned back to the battle. Maxwell was seemingly wearing himself out, and there weren’t many options left. James pulled his backpack of his shoulder and shuffled around in it again, finding another pokéball. He was new, but he could at least buy some time for Maxwell to recover. James swung his shoulder back over his shoulder, and threw the pokéball. “Zeke, c’mon out!” And with that and a flash of light, a Stunfisk appeared. Maxwell looked back, and upon seeing Zeke, he retreated back to his trainer’s side. “Zeke! Aqua Tail twice!” He called out, as Maxwell curled up into a ball and proceeded to take a nap.
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #905
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
biggggg5: "Why yes! I do!" She says, grabbing a Pokéball from the back of her belt, throwing it into the air, "Your time is here Pandora!" A bright light explodes from the Pokéball, taking the shape of a small bug, "Eeeee" the small green caterpillar exclaims. The Caterpie looks around, completely overwhelmed by the battle as she runs to her trainers side. Krys clears her throat as she continues, "Ehem, don't worry, we'll help if you need us to, right Pandora?" The Caterpie nods her head, shaking like a leaf near her trainer's feet. The Nuzleaf looks on at the Caterpie, with a smile on its face, while still recovering from the super effective attack. Meanwhile, another Heat Wave engulfed the Beedrill, who desperately tries to shake the attack off. Hotstuff takes advantage of this and begins hacking the strings around his body with Cut, and just as he slashes the last string clinging on to him, he gets jabbed by the Beedrill as it uses Fury Attack. The jabbing goes on nonstop for a few seconds, Hotstuff crying out in pain with each one, and while each jab only causes a little damage, overall the attack manages to take a reasonable amount of damage. Hotstuff stumbles a little before releasing another Heat Wave at the Beedrill, once again engulfing it in the wave. Small star shaped bright lights are sent towards Hotstuff as the bee uses Swift at him, exploding on contact and taking more health away from him. The Beedrill suddenly bursts into flames for a second, taking a little bit of its health away after being burned by the status effect. Both Pokémon are starting to pant from tiredness and damage. "Okay, we'll give you a clear shot at the Beedrill, make sure to make it count! Pandora use String Shot to slow it down a little for Hotstuff to be able to hit it!"

What will you do now?
The rapid fire was fun. We should do it again sometime
Burn condition, nice Big thinks to himself. He sees Krys's Pokemon. "Oh cute a Caterpie. Have her string shot aim for the beedrill's wings to try and keep it on the ground ok?" Big asks her. "Great job with the burn Hotstuff! Give it three more heat waves please." He tells the Charmander. I hope the powers that be don't get mad at me for type spamming. I don't really have a lot of options though. He thinks to himself. I also hope the Beedrill doesn't have friends. Hotstuff isn't strong enough to take on a whole swarm of them yet.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #906
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #50 (September 03, 2012)

This concludes Rapid Fire Sunday. We will now turn to weekly updates, maybe twice a week, maybe once every two weeks for the following three months depending on my school work. Will try another Rapid Fire day sometime in between, not sure when though.

On a seperate note, battles can use as many as 3 attacks per round, and you can get as creative as you want with the attacks if you wish if you have a limited move pool for now.

(Also, 50th update, yay!)


Rainbow Road
Pest: Look back here.

Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Comet's Corner
YDT:
Look back here.

Takeo: Grace stretches herself as the snake slithers carefully, waiting for an opening to attack. It believes the opportunity has arrived as it sends another barrage of Poison Stings at Grace, who barely dodges the poisonous attack once again, jumping back just in time. It takes advantage of having Grace's attention as it continues, Leering directly at her. The eye contact paralyzes the fox for a few seconds, lowering her defense as well, but also has perfect timing for the Ekans as it slithers closer to her, but not close enough as Grace spits out a few flame balls towards the Ekans once the Leer's paralyzing effect wears off, lowering its health with Ember, hissing angrily at Grace. The Swinub and "researcher", at least for now until you find out more information about him, seem to be in their own little world, completely unaware, or maybe they don't even care, of the fight happening of the fight happening a few feet from them...

What will you do?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.

biggggg5: Pandora is the first one to make a move, much to her dismay, as she faces the big scary bee. She releases a String Shot at the Beedrill, covering it in the same type of string that held Hotstuff captive earlier. It struggles to keep afloat, just as Hotstuff uses Heat Wave again, and as soon as the wave passes through the Beedrill, it screeches again, lowering its health even more, but it seems most of the String Shot is gone as it burns and falls off. The Beedrill rushes towards the Caterpie, who retreats quicker than an Abra behind her trainer. The Beedrill changes its track almost instantly, jabbing Hotstuff again with Fury Attack, taking away more health from him. He spits out another Heat Wave, just as the bee flies retreats behind a tree for cover, emerging afterwards, trying to attack Hotstuff again, but Hotstuff manages to spit out another Heat Wave in time, this one slightly weaker than the last ones, right before it got a chance to attack, burning the bee and dipping its health further. Hotstuff gets covered in the familiar String Shot after the Beedrill takes a second to breathe, lowering his movements once again. The bee suddenly bursts into fire again as the burn damage takes effect which gets put out immediately, but not before taking health away with it. Both Pokémon are panting quite audibly now, both looking more tired by the second.

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
With Maxwell taking a break from the battle, it is now up to Zeke to continue the battle. His tail turns a light blue color, leaping forward and slamming his Aqua Tail on the Geodude as it rolls around and tries to use Rollout on him. The collision of attacks makes an explosion, sending both Pokémon flying to opposite sides, both take considerable damage. It seems like the battle is not even close to finishing, with Geodude rolling towards Stunfisk, slamming into him with Tackle, making it roll in the ground for a few feet, but he recover quickly enough to retaliate successfully, slamming his own Aqua Tail on Geodude. It growls loudly as the attack makes contact, taking away a chunk of health, panting slightly now as it looks at Stunfisk. "Get him! You can do it!" The girl cries out to you and the Stunfisk as both Pokémon look at each, ready to continue.

What will you do?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #907
Slash
Poison Jam
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tokyo Underground Sewage Facility
Posts: 6,020
Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Delibird Ridge: A nesting ground for bird pokemon. A large area of jutting rocks and crevasses where many a bird pokemon have called their home. Set into the clifftops it has become a popular spot for pokemon watchers and explorers that visit the Caverns in the mountainside.

Profile

Kairne looks around the stony path, not entirely sure where to find the adventure he's looking for. Perched upon a flat rock, he could tell, just knew something was coming. He could feel it in the air. Something, he couldn't quite tell what, but something was going to happen today. An adventure, a new friend, even a run for his life, it didn't matter to him. He jumped off the rock he was sitting on and looked up the path. Seeing a climbable hill not far from where he is, Kairne decides that's where he wants to go. Treading carefully, as to not hurt his bare feet, he starts towards the higher ground.
Slash is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #908
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge
 
ChaoticHell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
ChaoticHell83: Leavanny doesn't seem like she is ready to give up anytime soon, then again neither is Gaius. A yellow net is sent towards Gaius, cackling with electric energy. Gaius manages to evade the Electro Web after waiting for the right moment to move away with Quick Attack, and slamming into the Leavanny afterwards, taking a little more health away. Leavanny starts to glow as energy starts to leave Gaius' body, making him weaker little by little. Gaius manages to gather enough energy to stop the immobilizing Giga Drain, and then continues by punching it with a steel filled energy claw as he Bullet Punches the Leavanny, stopping the draining attack from continuing, although it managed to regain a bit of health an energy with the Giga Drain. "Come on, you can do this Leavanny!" Leavanny nods at her trainer, and starts to glow white as she tries to turn light into health. It doesn't seem like Gaius will let this Synthesis be used to the fullest as he once again disappears and Quick Attacks the Leavanny, interrupting the recovery process. The Leavanny seems to be panting quite heavily now, while Gaius is looking really tired, both Pokémon fighting as hard as they can.

What will you do now?


"Keep it up Gaius, I know you're tired but you can do this! Leavanny is tired too, and a lot more beat up than you by the looks of it!" Keep up the pressure with three more Quick Attacks! Don't give him a chance to use any of those healing maneuvers.

Caesar contemplated how long this was going to keep up. The noticeable signs of a weathered battler were clear on both sides, but neither seemed like giving up even a bit. He was quite proud of Gaius. In a little time, he'll be a great force to be reckoned with.
ChaoticHell83 is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #909
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
On a seperate note, battles can use as many as 3 attacks per round, and you can get as creative as you want with the attacks if you wish if you have a limited move pool for now.

Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
With Maxwell taking a break from the battle, it is now up to Zeke to continue the battle. His tail turns a light blue color, leaping forward and slamming his Aqua Tail on the Geodude as it rolls around and tries to use Rollout on him. The collision of attacks makes an explosion, sending both Pokémon flying to opposite sides, both take considerable damage. It seems like the battle is not even close to finishing, with Geodude rolling towards Stunfisk, slamming into him with Tackle, making it roll in the ground for a few feet, but he recover quickly enough to retaliate successfully, slamming his own Aqua Tail on Geodude. It growls loudly as the attack makes contact, taking away a chunk of health, panting slightly now as it looks at Stunfisk. "Get him! You can do it!" The girl cries out to you and the Stunfisk as both Pokémon look at each, ready to continue.

What will you do?


3 moves, and try to get creative...? Challenge Accepted.

The geodude was weakening, which was good. James tapped Maxwell with his foot, and the sea weasel's eyes opened slowly. "Wake up. Your going back out in a minute." James had a plan, and it involved the girl's Vulpix, which was a risky move in itself. "Zeke! Use Overheat, then return to your pokeball!" James called out to his Stunfisk.

"Now, I don't suppose Pixie has any fire attacks? Overheat might boost the power of them." James said, looking at the girl. Then, he turned to Maxwell. "Head in there and use SonicBoom after Pixie is done with her attack, or Overheat dies down a bit." It was a risky plan, but life's no fun if you don't take risks, right?
__________________
Toyo is offline  
Old 09-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #910
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
On a seperate note, battles can use as many as 3 attacks per round, and you can get as creative as you want with the attacks if you wish if you have a limited move pool for now.
Comet's Corner

Takeo: Grace stretches herself as the snake slithers carefully, waiting for an opening to attack. It believes the opportunity has arrived as it sends another barrage of Poison Stings at Grace, who barely dodges the poisonous attack once again, jumping back just in time. It takes advantage of having Grace's attention as it continues, Leering directly at her. The eye contact paralyzes the fox for a few seconds, lowering her defense as well, but also has perfect timing for the Ekans as it slithers closer to her, but not close enough as Grace spits out a few flame balls towards the Ekans once the Leer's paralyzing effect wears off, lowering its health with Ember, hissing angrily at Grace. The Swinub and "researcher", at least for now until you find out more information about him, seem to be in their own little world, completely unaware, or maybe they don't even care, of the fight happening a few feet from them...

What will you do?


Grace stretched herself like when a runner got ready to jump a hurdle,
The snake waited for the perfect opportunity to strike, slithering cautiously and ultimately closer to her,
He saw an opening!, sending another barrage of Poison Stings at Grace,
Grace barely dodging the lethal venomous attack, jumping back just in time.

Hallow remembered a bit of useless information,
when he was a kid, back when he visted his relatives at their farm. Hallow had been playing in the tall grass, he didn't notice it until it made a rattling sound.
A snake was nearby, Hallow the curios child he was went looking for the sound, he came face to face with the snake,
He looked into its crimson eyes and...AND...

"Grace don't look into his eyes!!," Hallow bellowed,
but it was to late,
Ekans took advantage of having Grace's attention as it advanced on her, Leering directly at her. The eye contact paralyzed the fox for a few seconds, lowering her defense as well,
Ekans slithered closer to her,
Grace spat out a few flame balls towards the Ekans to stop it from advancing,
lowering its health with Ember,
Ekans hiss'd angrily at Grace,
The Leer's paralyzing effect wore off.

The man in the white coat and his Swinub, were still in their own little world..
Unaware of the situation,

"Grace use Flame Charge!,"
"When his knocked down, trap him in a ring of fire using Incinerate!,"
"Finally, when it looks like his unable to move use Dig! to bury yourself underground and attack from below!,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-26-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Takeo is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #911
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Your Pokémon nod, ready as ever to start on your command. First up, Alani, as he spits a green goo-like substance at the door with Acid. The door sizzles, almost melting before your eyes, though lucky for you the guy seems to be too busy tying up Growlithe to hear the hiss of the acid on the wood, or what at first appeared to be wood but seems to be a slightly tougher material than wood. As soon the hole is big enough, it seems that Turtwig is unable to hold himself any longer, jumping inside and running towards the thief before you or any of your Pokémon gets a chance to react. He Tackles the thief and knocks him to the floor, just as you and your Pokémon rush in and Skitty begins to Sing as loudly as possible. "Huh, more visitors?" he says while on the floor, "Let me welcome you properly, Rapidash come on out!" The wide smile on his face cannot be missed as a light show is released from a Fire Ball, releasing a horse with a fiery mane, neighing and lifting its feet as it comes out. "Use Flamethrower to get rid of those pests!" The horse once again neighs and releases a stream of fire towards Turtwig, who gets hit by the attack, crying out in pain as the attack hits him. He backs down a few steps towards you, probably feeling helpless against the fire type, with Kitty still Singing, but it looks like the Rapidash won't allow her to continue as it unleashes yet another Flamethrower towards you and Skitty, but of you managing to dodge the attack as it buzzes a few inches from you. The Turwig, Kitty and Alani rush to your side to see if you are okay, "Haha, you really think you can beat me." He bursts out into a loud almost maniacal laughter as he begins to drag Jenny and Growlithe to the opposite wall of the door. "Tell you what, if you defeat Rapidash, I'll give you your two friends back, what do you say? I'll even let you use two Pokémon against the Rapidash to show you how generous I am." An unbearable smug grin fills his face as the Rapidash snorts and repeatedly makes a sounds with its hooves, as if ready to attack in a moment's notice. The Turtwig looks at you, completely ashamed of himself as he maybe thinks he ruined your plans...

How will you respond?
Alani’s Acid worked just as Noriko had hoped, creating a hole in the door with a sizzle. Fortunately enough, the kidnapper was far too busy and excited with Jenny and Growlithe to notice his door disappearing. As the whole got big enough for a Pokémon to enter, Turtwig lost his patience, rushing right in and Tackling the man. Noriko had perhaps put a bit too much faith in Turtwig being able to control himself in this situation, going in after him with Kitty and Alani, the little kitten Pokémon starting to Sing. The kidnapper didn’t seem too shocked or concerned, smiling from the floor-level.

"Huh, more visitors? Let me welcome you properly, Rapidash come on out!" The large fiery horse appeared in flames from a Flame Ball, as dangerous and intimidating as before. "Use Flamethrower to get rid of those pests!" Turtwig wasn’t quick enough to get out of the way and got hit by the flames, crying in pain as tried to make its way back to Noriko. The Fire-type was going to pose a serious problem…

Rapidash used Flamethrower again, aiming right at Noriko, missing only by an inch or two. Kitty and Alani rushed to their trainer’s side, clearly worried and trying to hide their fear.

"Haha, you really think you can beat me." The kidnapper laughed manically while dragging Jenny and Growlithe to the back of the room and away from the front door. "Tell you what, if you defeat Rapidash, I'll give you your two friends back, what do you say? I'll even let you use two Pokémon against the Rapidash to show you how generous I am."

Noriko gritted her teeth. He wasn’t getting out of this so easily! “You’re on!” She got back on her feet, glaring daggers at the man while picking out a Pokéball. “Kitty, you’re up! Let’s take care of this one, Minori!” A flash of light left Minori the Seel on the floor, eager to finally battle a Fire-type. Kitty stepped up, fur standing up and hissing coming out. “Kitty, you use Fake Out and then Attract while Minori, you strike Rapidash with Water Pulse twice right after Kitty’s Fake Out!”
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #912
Charminions
Your reality is mine
 
Charminions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Cloud Forest

Charminions – Despite all the grief she’s given you, you agree to grant the girl yet one more favor. Turning to your two Pokémon, you order them to take the preceding and past as you walk with the child, reluctantly returning to what you are certain is a death sentence.

Despite your Pokémon’s protection, the girl looks even more uncomfortable being surrounded by both of them. You catch her often glancing back to check on Apollo, sometimes even hissing when he gets too close. What’s her problem? You wonder. …Suddenly, you feel a tug on your sleeve, light as a dandelion’s touch. Looking down, you find the girl clinging – dare you say cutely – to your clothes, keeping as far from either bodyguard as possible. Something in her genuinely fearful expression advises you not to insist the matter, and you silently nod at Apollo and Osage to keep their distance.

The four of you carefully circumnavigate the area where you shunned the swarm, hoping your footsteps fall far from their hearing. Eventually you arrive safely back at the clearing, where the fallen flowers still lie fresh. The girl sighs in relief and runs forward to grab her basket, scooping up all the treasures. You watch for a while as she works painstakingly, picking up every last precious petal. Partly out of kindness, but also impatience, you appoint Apollo and Osage to keep a lookout as you bend down to help.

As you reach for a particularly pretty blossom, your fingers encounter soft flesh. You retract immediately and shield your face, anticipating another punch. However, nothing happens. You peek through the fractures and find the girl withholding her face, but a hint of pink paints her cheeks as she fumbles for the flower, adding it to her stash. She mumbles as she turns away.

“Thanks.”

As you puzzle over this sudden change in behavior, you hear a mild buzzing from the bushes. You recall the wounded Combee. Could it bee…?

Apollo and Osage approach the green with caution, and at your confirmation, part the patch with their claws. Sure enough, there stirs the insect, wheezing pitifully but still surviving. The girl recoils at the sight, but you consider as you glance around for its comrades, who seem to have ditched it for dead. Perhaps it was worth coming back after all. This could be your chance to save another innocent life (not that the one before was so “innocent” to begin with).

What will you do?
The gang begins walking back to the basket of flowers. Following Charm's orders, Osage manned the front while Apollo kept watch at the back. "Onwards, to our deaths!" Charm said, trying to make light of the situation where their deaths could most certainly happen.

The little girl still seemed uncomfortable with Charm's Pokemon surrounding them. She has a fear of all Pokemon? Charm wondered. She continuously hisses everytime Apollo came to close. Karma better pay me back in double for what I'm dealing with here, Charm thinks to himself, shaking his head at the scene. Out of nowhere, the girl starts tugging at Charm's shirt to try and stay away from the Pokemon. Charm decides to show some sympathy and gives a nod to tell the Sneasel and Combusken to keep a little distance from her.

It seems like forever before the group makes it around their original path to the clearing. Catching sight of the flowers, the girl gives a sigh of relief as she rushes to the flowers and starts picking up every last petal onto her basket. Charm watches for a bit before growing impatient, "Keep watch, guys," he says as he walks over and helps the girl pick up the remaining flowers.

While picking a certain blossom, Charm's hand happened to touch the girl's. A siren goes off and Charm immediately covers his face, anticipating the next punch. Suprisingly, nothing happened. Those flowers must be pretty important if she would ignore that. He thinks, recalling all the other whacks, throws, and punches that occurred previously. The girl merely mumbles and turns away, letting out a simple, “Thanks.”

A sign of gratitude? How strange. He thinks. "Oh come to think of it, you've never told me your name. I'm Charm..." he suddenly hears a slight buzzing in the bushes. The Combee?! he realizes. "Take a look at those bushes, guys."

Apollo and Osage cautiously move towards the bush, parting it with their claws at Charm's command. There lies the wounded Combee, barely alive and still in terrible condition. Charm looks around for any signs of the Combee swarm. "The swarm probably left the little thing for dead," he sympathizes.

He rushes over to the Combee. "Keep an on that girl to make sure she doesn't attack this poor thing again," he signals to his partners. I'm no Nurse Joy, but I have to do something. He fumbles through his bag, pulling out a Potion (2/4) and carefully sprays it over the Combee. "Please, live..."
__________________
Charminions is offline  
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #913
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Everyone nods, and begins to follow your plan, first up, Min. She maneuvers down the rope with no problem, lighting up the hole slightly as she uses Softboiled on the guy, to help out with the pain. Next up, Zion, floating down the hole with no problem, and after almost a minute of grunting the boy says, "Okay, I've tied the rope!" Everything seems to be going according to plan as you take a look back, everyone hanging on to the rope as you give them the signal. Everyone starts to pull with all their power. The rope starts to move up, slowly but surely, 1/4 of the way....1/2.... almost there! The Pokémon seem to be getting tired, though they still keep pulling with all their strength. 3/4's of the way...you then see the head of the guy, dark hair covers it, with his hands clinging on to the edge of the hole and trying to pull himself up as well. He grunts before getting himself up with all the energy he has left, clear from the hole's grasp.

Ruby rushes to her trainer, who is thrown on the floor, wearing a dirt covered clothes, jean and blue polo, possibly in his late teens, licking his face and whining nonstop, "Ruby, Ruby! Calm down! I'm fine!" He says, laughing as she continues to lick his dirt covered face. He slowly gets up and takes a look at you and your Pokémon, all who seem a little tired but will be fine with a little rest. "Thank you so much! I don't know what I would have done without your help." His voice full of sincerity and almost cracking, before getting up slowly and grunting as he steps with his left ankle, but gets slightly support with Ruby. He then looks around, "You wouldn't happen to know where we are or where I could go to get help would you? I'm thinking about going to the nearest place where I can find help, then I'll find those damn thieves myself!" He says angrily, "By the way, I know it's not much, but I want you to have this Big Mushroom for your help." He extends the hand that is not being supported by Ruby after reaching into his pocket with the mushroom in it. "Don't worry about me if you have to go, you've done more than enough to help me out, thank you again. My name is Christian by the way. Thanks again to all of you."

How will you respond?[/url]
- We did it guys! Great job!!

As he returned all of his Pokemon to their balls for a well earned rest, Levin turned to check on the boy. His own effort had been remarkable, with a broken ankle and all. Whoever this Christian kid was, he had guts. And apparently a generous side to him as well!

As Levin collected the Big Mushroom, storing it away in his Bag, he thanked the boy and listened to his intentions. Levin himself had absolutely no idea where he was, after getting lost in the woods, fighting a Seedot, chasing after a Growlithe in the middle of the night and ending up where he was right now.

- Look Christian, I’d love to give you directions and all, but I don’t think I could be any more lost than I am…

But damn it, he couldn’t just leave the kid here. Not after what he had gone through, and certainly not with a broken ankle. Besides, who was to tell that what happened to Christian wouldn’t happen to him as well down the road? The monkeys had gotten away, probably scurrying back to their trainers. They could try to be proactive and track them down this time around, preventing further crimes…

Yeah, he was just wanting to play hero now. Realistically, what chance did he have? Galeon couldn’t beat a single Panpour at his current level of strength. How bad would he get beaten up when that monkey was under direct control by its trainer? Even worse… who said the monkeys were the strongest Pokemon those thieves had?

And still… if he didn’t want an adventure, he wouldn’t have left home with Min in the first place. And sure, it was risky, but it was still the right thing to do! Slowly but surely, his Pokemon were getting stronger, and so was he. And hazardous as it might be, he needed to go back and beat those monkeys; for himself, for Galeon, for Christian and for Ruby… Wait, Ruby!

- Christian, does your Growlithe know Odour Sleuth? Ruby fought a Pansear, she could track down the monkeys if they left any scent in your bag! Besides, it’s not raining, so the odour should still be traceable… If we can hunt down the monkeys once again, they might lead us back to their trainers, the guys that did this to you! They can’t be too far off if they left their Pokemon behind. Think you’re up for it? Who knows, they might have headed back to town themselves and we can heal you up there. Otherwise, I’ll carry you, and if you get too heavy for me… well, just sit on my Beldum again! – he concluded, with a playful smile in the end to leave the boy at ease. Yeah, he was helping Christian pursue a gang of possibly dangerous people… but Levin Sanders would never be the guy that dissuaded another man from doing something ballsy.
__________________

Last edited by MarbleZone; 09-05-2012 at 07:21 PM.
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #914
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge
 
Kori Gotcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha – Stuck between sand and… Well, more sand, the choice seems obvious. Even if you were to turn back now, there’s no guarantee you’d make it back to the boat. Perhaps the professor ought to have thought this plan through a bit more. Still, not even this dilemma will deter. You dreamed of a daring, dangerous adventure, and this doorway will surely lead you to one. …Either that or death.

Screw Scylla and the stronger – but still slim – chances of safety. Charybdis calls! You summon Lee back into his ball, and stride bravely into the center of the swirl, feeling the sand stick to your clothes. When the surface rises to your waist and prevents even wading, you begin to wonder if maybe this was such a good idea. You can only wait as the sand stretches up to your neck, sweat seeping slowly down your body like beads in an hourglass. When it covers your mouth and nose, panic grips and you start to flail, but it’s far too late. Struggling only speeds the suction. Soon, your eyes are overwhelmed by darkness and dust.

“Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.”
– Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism


Finally, forward force frees from foxhole. Flavor failed fulfill? Feh. Forgive fussy feeder? Fat fortune.

Focus. First, form findings. Flat, fiery field faithfully familiar… Fairly? Fine filth flowing from fingers feels faint, fleeting. Fictitious. Film-like. Fake.

Forget falseness, face facts. Feeling fine, fit. (Phew.) Few feet far, fright found. Fallen figure. Fleshless. Featureless. Frozen fragments. …Further, furless friend.

Feathered finery furnishes figure, filaments flex frame. Figure’s fist folded. Furled file fills fist.

Fetch file? Finery?


Note – The following few Updates are an exercise in constrained writing. You will not be required to respond in a similar manner. However, you will be faced with challenges along the Adventure where you are greeted with this type of narrative, and it will only return to normal once you clear the area’s test. If you have questions or require a translation, feel free to message me. Also, Updates written in this manner will likely be short due to the restricted nature. Hope you don’t mind/enjoy. ^^;
Kori was always the definition of the term "fools rush in", and more often than not, he's had to pay for it, but this is the first time he's ever had this kind of response. Jumping into the thick of the whirlpool of sand, Kori was sucked into the grainy ocean until he was completely submersed....and then quickly he was spat back out. Kori flew though the air until he landed hard on his back. Sand covered him head to toe and Kori lied there for a minute, coughing and getting his breath back.

"What the hell was that! Stupid desert! Stupid Trapinch! What, I don't taste good to you!" He yelled at the ground, the whirlpool gone but Kori wasn't going to let that stop his tirade. He kicked the sand, stomped on it, got on his knees and punched it, he then stood up and was about to drop his pants and let loose a mighty and furious whiz until the sudden and worrying reminder of his Pokemon crossed his mind. He stopped mid trow drop to check his belt and he counted the small balls on it. 1,2,3,4,5, all present and accounted for. Kori breathed a sigh of relief and sat back down on the sand. That was when Kori noticed that something was completely off now.

"Huh? What is this?" he said to himself as he picked up the sand. There was something wrong about the sand. Something that didn't feel like it did before. He looked around and saw that he was still in the desert like before, but the sand felt somehow different. Unnatural? Kori dusted himself off and tried to get his bearings as best as he could. He looked in his bag and found that his supplies were still where they were, so nothing was lost. He put his backpack back on and shook off the last of the sand, putting this strange incident out of his mind when he saw something out in the distance. It was small, but bright and white. There were no other landmarks in the area to take note of so he decided that that would be a good place to restart again. He joggled briskly towards it and was happy to find at least one decent landmark out here, but the closer he got, the grimmer his outlook became. The object in the distance, the landmark that Kori chose was a skeleton.

There was no bones about it, this was a bleached white from the sun human skeleton and next to it were more bones of what must have been this person's Pokemon partner. Kori was no Pokemon archeologist so he couldn't make out what kind of Pokemon it was, but it wasn't anything prehistoric, that he was sure of from his visits to various museums. Kori's eyes welled up in tears.

"NOOOOOOO! No, no no no no! This can't be real, this can't be a thing that is happening! Please, please! Ho-oh, Jirachi, Arceus! Don't let whatever happened to this guy happen to me!" Kori yelled at the sky and gave praise to the Pokemon gods to hear his wishes. Kori always dreamed of a life of adventure, but the risks of such adventures never really dawned on him. Was something like this going to be his end result? Kori wallowed a bit before he caught a look at something that was in the skeleton's possession. There was a piece of paper in it's bony grip and a dream catcher dangling around it's neck. Kori has always been a creature of curiosity, discovery being his opiate. Even though it may have seemed ghoulish to some, Kori had no other idea of what to do other than follow his natural compulsions. Kori reached for the paper and the dream catcher.
__________________
Kori Gotcha is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #915
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: "Thanks Nagasaki, I'll heal her up in no time!" Ponyta gallops back to her trainer just as Blazer begins to Focus Energy, raising both his attack and accuracy, preparing to cover the recovering pony from any attacks. One of the Nidoran starts to spit out Poison Stings at Blazer, which stick on the ground as he manages to dodge the attack. While on the air from jumping away from the attack, the other Nidoran Scratches him across the body, making him land almost instantly after being hit. He bounces back and unleashes a Night Slash on the nearest Nidoran, which seems to take a very good chunk of health away with the earlier attack boosts, while the other Nidoran attacks Blazer from the side by Pecking him for some light damage. Ponyta neighs, signaling that she is ready to continue the fight, looking healthier than before, but also starting to look tired. "Ponyta, help out Blazer by using Ember on the Nidoran's!" Ponyta then spits out another round of small fireballs at both the Nidoran, one of which gets hit by the Ember while the other jumps out of the way in time to evade it. The one that evaded the flames is then struck by Blazer's Night Slash, which takes a nice amount of health away from it. Both Nidoran took heavy damage and look like they are about to faint, but both Ponyta and Blazer look like they'll collapse from being tired any second as well. "Okay, it won't take much more to finish this battle, make sure you're able to knock out the Nidoran before Blazer becomes too tired to fight. I'll handle one of the Nidoran while you take care of the other. Shouldn't be too much trouble anymore."

What will you do?
"Roger that!" Says Nagasaki. Preparing his next orders, he looks upon Blazer who is exhausted from that cover up scheme. Blazer then recommends to his trainer: "Kishimoto, I suggest you to use a powerful attack against that Nidoran. Then let me rest for a while. It's like my vision is getting blurred..." Worried and aware, the trainer gave his Pokemon words for Blazer to be strong. "Don't worry. I'll let you rest after this. Just hold your consciousness for a longer time...at least after this bout." Blazer, not losing his trust on his companion, gladly responds: "In that case, you should worry about yourself when I got out of consciousness! Come on! Release your orders, Mr. Tactician!" Nagasaki then raises his stick. "Blazer, let that Nidoran attack. If he attacks, dodge and retaliate with a Night Slash! If that doesn't enough, follow it up with a Tackle, before he raises his guard! Then stay on the defensive while taking your huge breaths. Anyone who attacks you shall be given a Night Slash!"
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #916
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL
 
Celebii151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Getting 5 manned bot
Posts: 3,331
Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Extremely sorry for the wait, guys, will try and update at least once every 1-2 weeks from now.

Comet’s Corner

Extroph

“Hmm, that’s an excellent plan, Vernon!” Adam responds. “Just wait here while I get a briefcase.” Adam says while entering a different room. Sounds of objects being thrown can be heard. “No, that’s not it, I know it’s in here somewh-aha, got it!” Adam says as he walks out of the room, holding an ordinary black briefcase. “Here you go.” he says as he hands it to you. Taking it, you see that it is just the right size to hold mass amounts of cash. Opening it, you see it filled to the brim with loads of cash. Or so it seems. Trying to lift the money reveals blank paper underneath, easily fooling you and probably the thief. Adam speaks up, “Now, for the area of burnt trees, to me that sounds like Burnt Forest Wastelands. A very deserted area but home to many powerful Pokemon. When you go there, be careful.” As you bid Adam farewell, promising to find the thief, you cross through the Sky Gate and finally reach the…


Burnt Forest Wastelands

The smell of sulfur wafts into your nose as you survey the desolate area. All is quiet, and you can’t decide where to start looking for the poetic thief. All of a sudden, a cry is heard from the skies, and a silver blur whizzes past you and Tepig, blowing the latter off his feet. Getting back up, the fiery Pokemon snorts as embers leave its nose in anger. The Skarmory perches on a rock, letting out a battle cry. Looks like you’ve got to fight!

What will you do?


Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


Trying a different tactic, you volley out orders to Bishop and Aegis, telling them to overwhelm their foes with a Fire-Water Combination, just as you saw on the famous Battle Frontier Battles on television. Bishop flaps his tiny wings hard, causing a Wave of Heat to soar towards the enemies. Aegis provides the Water, Muddy, but still water. The two moves combine, creating a flashy display of light, but not completely, due to the mud. Houndour and Skorupi are simply stunned, and forget all about their orders to dodge, as the combination move blasts them away. While they are recovering, Bishop and Aegis waste no time in flanking the Houndour, knocking them towards each other with Tackle, as if it’s a tennis ball. Houndour, angry, gets up and latches onto Bishop with a Fire Fang, causing a burn to develop on Bishop’s wing, still usable, but will harder to fly with. Bishop lands in front of you, panting a bit. Skorupi, however, isn’t done and fires a volley of Sludge Bombs that fall like rain on Aegis, blowing him into a wall, though his shell protects him. Houndour and Skorupi close in on Bishop, and use a Double Crunch, their fangs digging into the Owl Pokemon, damaging him terribly, though both of them seem badly damaged. At the end, the Galactic Grunts yell out their orders. “Houndour, finish the Hoothoot off with a double Thunder Fang! Skorupi, Swords Dance, then Cross Poison on the Squirtle!

What will you do?


Stardust Fields

Itzatrap


The double battle rages on, but you decide to withdraw Shell for now in favor of your starter, Olli the Chimchar, who leaps around in happiness before realizing he’s in a battle. The fire monkey provides additional light into the gloomy cavern with his flame. The grounded Golbat is unable to dodge a Fire Spin from Olli, the roaring flames surround the Bat Pokemon, who desperately tries to escape, damaging itself more in the process. Eventually it thinks of a solution, a Gust blowing away the flames. Using its feet, it tries for a Wing Attack, but the agile Chimchar easily dodges it, leaping over the Golbat, landing on his feet. Olli thinks up some Nasty thoughts, Plotting on how to beat Golbat. Golbat sees this as an opportunity, and fires a Shadow Ball at Olli, who is too preoccupied with his Nasty Plot to see the dark Ghost-Type move coming at him, knocking him back. That seemed to be a powerful blow. Olli decides not to put the Nasty Plot boost to use, and instead surrounds himself in a Flame Wheel, rolling towards the downed Golbat, crashing into it and burning its face. The Golbat screeches in pain as the Flame Wheel burns it and pushes it back. Meanwhile, over to Bob and Sandslash, they seem to be doing well, having dodged a powerful Psychic and countered with a Night Slash. The Swoobat seems damaged, and a victory for Bob is nearly guaranteed. The Golbat has taken many hits, but can still put up a fight, and Olli is fine, save for a nice chunk of his energy being drained.

What will you do?

King Ghidorah

Alongside Kingler and your brand new Venonat, you set out to find info about the mysterious ‘Silver’ character. But first, Kingler and Venonat are in need of some healing. You set off to find a Pokemon Center, and after a few miles of walking, you come across one. Giving the pair to Nurse Joy, she heals them, as you ask her if she knows anything about a red haired boy named Silver. “Oh, yes, I know who you’re talking about. He was here a few hours ago healing his Nidoking. It looked badly damaged. I have no idea what could have happened to it. He left a while ago to the Sky Colosseum, saying that I shouldn’t be surprised if he ends up here again. I bet you could catch up with him, I hear they’re holding a tournament at the Sky Colosseum soon. If you’re lucky, maybe you could go up against him…” You ponder over that for a while before she snaps you out of your trance. “Here are your Pokemon back.” Nurse Joy says as she hands two Pokeballs to you, obviously containing Kingler and Venonat. “Have a nice journey and I hope we see you again!” she replies in the usual Nurse Joy tone. You thank her and take back the Pokemon, still wondering what you should do. You could go, and have a chance at proving to Silver that you are a worthy trainer, or you could stay and see what else Stardust Fields has to offer.

What will you do?


Rainbow Road

Meetan


“Anything else you need to know?” Matthew repeats your question. He ponders over it as he takes another bite of pizza, savoring the taste. He swallows, then begins again. “Not really, and you can stay the night if you would like. We have a room available.” Mark shoots Matthew a steely glare, which Matthew ignores. You accept the offer, then grab another slice of pizza, stuffing it into your face. You finish eating, wash your plate, then Matthew shows you to your room. It’s very normal, a single bed with a bathroom. Two windows are beside the bed and there is a desk as well. They have even provided a small, soft for guests with any small Pokemon to rest. Swinub is ecstatic and jumps inside, clearly happy with the living conditions. You thank Matthew and close the door, before falling asleep soundly on the bed. The next day, when you wake up, you get ready for your adventure. You go to the kitchen to bid the family goodbye, and you find them eating breakfast. Melanie begins to speak. “You’re going now? You should have some breakfast before you go. No need to leave on an empty stomach.” You politely accept the offer, as some grilled cheese sandwiches with egg, sunny side up and bacon are set before you. You take a bite of the sandwich, and you love it, scarfing it down your throat. The bacon and egg is oily too. In a good kind of way. After you’re done eating, you prepare to set off once again. But you are faced with a choice. Where you will go first. The Liechi Berry, being incredibly rare, will probably lower your confidence as you try to find it, so, it might be best to head either to Oasis or Fountain Garden.

What will you do?


Cloud Forest

Jolteonjak


The battle commences, as Cyndaquil extinguishes his flame as to not cause any more accidental forest fires. Cyndaquil concentrates hard, focusing on a move that few of its species know. A Psywave sets forth, five rings of Psychic Energy assaulting the little Spearow. The Spearow is knocked back and is induced with a huge headache, but soldiers on nonetheless. It dives towards Cyndaquil, its sharp beak rotating like a Drill. Cyndaquil tries to Run away, but the more agile Spearow lands a hit, the Drill Run digging into Cyndaquil’s back, who yowls in pain, igniting his flame momentarily. The Spearow backs off from the fire, not wanting to be near it. Cyndaquil responds to the super effective move, with some super effectiveness of his own, showing off his Hidden Power, a few light blue orbs spiraling around him, then flying towards the Spearow, who is pelted by the orbs. Spearow retaliates, Mirroring the Move that Cyndaquil used against him, another Hidden Power hitting Cyndaquil, albeit for a resisted blow. Spearow then chirps loudly, a beam of Flying Energy getting launched into the sky, causing a Tailwind to blow behind it, which will increase its speed.

What will you do?


The Rose Arch

Uhhhhh


Link to last update
Celebii151 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #917
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats
 
OkikuMew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec province, Canada
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Everybody knows that the best things for a Garden are sun and rain, so moving it closer to the sun and clouds would make a wonderful garden.
So what if we put the garden in the clouds? Imagine the beauty of this place. Actually, don't imagine, come and see for yourself, this picture of natural beauty set into the clear blues skies. Stick around and explore, who knows what surprises and adventures you will encounter.

The Fountain Garden: A small garden filled with fountains, waterfalls and clear lakes. Water pokemon love this little area and thrive to the point where you can't turn around without tripping over a Magikarp. Fishing is not allowed in this area as it is considered as cruelty towards the water pokemon.
I don't expect getting assigned to an updater right away, but I just want to try this place out for a size and see what could happen!



After some debates, I decide to take my first steps in the Cloud Garden, specifically in the fountain one there. Although I have a small preference over psychic pokémon, I have an urge of getting a water type these days... Especially because I know how useful it'll be in my team, but also since I almost got my chance of adopting a cute little Corsola not long ago. I just hope I can find one to my taste... Of course, I wouldn't dare to use a fishing rod to do so, especially with the ban that was clearly mentioned in the pamphlet about the place that I read back at the last Pokémon Centre I went, and about the whole I-don't-even-have-a-rod thing going on...

As I set foot there, I overlook at all the different pools of water surrounding the area: fountains, lakes... oh my, even beautiful waterfalls! I kinda wish I could show the nice environment to all my Poképals, but I left most of them back at some shops... Oh well, at least I'll show it to one of them... if he can enjoy it, that is.

"Rawk, come on down!" I exclaim as I throw his ball in the air.

In a flash of red light, my Starly comes out, chirping a loud and proud cry. He lands on the ground and, not unexpectedly, puffs up his feathers and hops around like if he was in the middle of a bodybuilding competition... with only me as the spectator and judge, and ignoring the scenery.

"Dude," I sigh, "there's nobody there except for me and waterfalls... you do know you're doing this for nothing?"

He simply chirps back in a high-pitch tone, likely not caring about my comment or trying to contradict me that there is other people watching. Ugh, it's gonna be a long day... Unless...

"Alright alright," I smirk at him, hoping my plan works, "but it's gonna be a big day for you, 'k? You're gonna help me to try and get our first actual capture! It's almost sure it's going to be a water type... So, it should be *easy* for you, a bird, to get fish... riiiiiiight? Or is it too hard for you because you're so low on experience and training?"

His attention turns completely at myself, fully interested of proving himself to me. He chips loudly again, this time in a mix of offensive but confident tones. Just as I planned and thought: to control him until his ego tunes down, I'll have to play around with his pride. I don't like doing this though... It feels a bit wrong to do that. But I guess I don't have any choice if I want some kind of control over him.

"Alrighty then, it's settled! Hmmm..." I look around the area again, this time having the preferred habitats of some Pokémon I have in mind... mostly a place where those who are comfortable in both water and land would stick around.
__________________

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 09-09-2012 at 03:03 PM.
OkikuMew is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #918
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Extremely sorry for the wait, guys, will try and update at least once every 1-2 weeks from now.

Rainbow Road

Meetan


“Anything else you need to know?” Matthew repeats your question. He ponders over it as he takes another bite of pizza, savoring the taste. He swallows, then begins again. “Not really, and you can stay the night if you would like. We have a room available.” Mark shoots Matthew a steely glare, which Matthew ignores. You accept the offer, then grab another slice of pizza, stuffing it into your face. You finish eating, wash your plate, then Matthew shows you to your room. It’s very normal, a single bed with a bathroom. Two windows are beside the bed and there is a desk as well. They have even provided a small, soft for guests with any small Pokemon to rest. Swinub is ecstatic and jumps inside, clearly happy with the living conditions. You thank Matthew and close the door, before falling asleep soundly on the bed. The next day, when you wake up, you get ready for your adventure. You go to the kitchen to bid the family goodbye, and you find them eating breakfast. Melanie begins to speak. “You’re going now? You should have some breakfast before you go. No need to leave on an empty stomach.” You politely accept the offer, as some grilled cheese sandwiches with egg, sunny side up and bacon are set before you. You take a bite of the sandwich, and you love it, scarfing it down your throat. The bacon and egg is oily too. In a good kind of way. After you’re done eating, you prepare to set off once again. But you are faced with a choice. Where you will go first. The Liechi Berry, being incredibly rare, will probably lower your confidence as you try to find it, so, it might be best to head either to Oasis or Fountain Garden.

What will you do?


After a good night's rest, filled with dreams of Pokemon capturing and wonder of how to find these three legendary berries, Alice awoke to a scrumptious breakfast, of which she even let her little Swinub partake in. Once they were both set to leave, she had to think and make her choice of where to start.

Asking, and then receiving, a brief description of the places from Matthew, the teenager decided, "I'll start in the Fountain Garden. That place sounds nice." She said. Besides, facing sandstorms at this time of the morning - or any time of day, for that matter - was not really the trainer's type of thing. The Fountain Garden brought images of watery coolness and tranquility, and even if trying to solve a frustrating puzzle, how wound up could one get in a relaxing environment like that?

"Could you give me directions to get there? I don't know the Cloud Gardens at all." She added from the doorway, her ice swine sniffing energetically about her feet. At least one of them was suited to mornings.

((Stats.))
Meetan is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #919
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – You cautiously consider the options, hardly able to focus under mounting anxiety. Only one thing remains clear – you have to protect your team no matter what. You can feel Murkrow staring at you from the shadows, and shudder, not wanting to take the risk of separating Doldrum from Jacob’s – or rather its sight. Perhaps it might’ve been willing to participate on its own for the boy’s sake, but you dare not ask that either.

Instead, you volunteer yourself and Arugulus, who salutes smartly and slithers to the starting station to wait for the send-off. Doldrum clatters with concern, but you assure him his task is best served by keeping Novawing company to provide back-up in case anything goes wrong. Taryn smiles as you step up to the stage and hands you a small weapon shaped similar to a Bellsprout. As the light, leafy weight rests in your palm, you feel delicate fingers follow as she shows you how to work the shooting mechanism. It apparently has an automatic option that allows it to fire freely without mouth movement or motivation, if you prefer. However, you are more aware of the slight shaking and coldness of her skin, though as she leans close, what she whispers causes an even greater chill.

“That boy… He’s not really alive, is he?”

You swivel in surprise, almost about to accidentally point the gun in her face. She quickly clasps your wrist however, covering the muzzle with her free hand rather than redirecting. Despite the less than optimal defensive stance she’s voluntarily(?) placed herself in, the strength of such a swift, single motion suggests she’s had some training in combat, calling back the theory you had that Jacob’s appearance reminded her of excruciating experiences. (In a way, it settles you to think that the disguise may only be obvious to those accustomed to seeing the dead. …Come to think of it, that category could now include yourself.) Something in her eyes suggests there’s more to the story than that though.

“Can you come see me later? Backstage by the bird show? By yourself. You can come while he’s watching my coworker.”

She smiles comfortingly for the crowd, then shoos you offstage before you can begin to question. As you walk to the shooting box in a daze, you realize belatedly that Taryn had been trying to protect the people by putting her own body before the bullet. She really was a devoted pacifist, deserving of a head peacekeeper position.

Despite trusting the woman’s judgment, you’re not sure what to make of her strangely accurate statement, not to mention the request for a private audience. This, in addition to Murkrow’s domineering glare, Jacob’s disquieting gaze, and moreover Doldrum’s distress, distracts you as the game commences. As Pika boosts buoyantly into the air, you panic and pull up the peashooter, wasting several seeds that whizz dangerously close to the hot air balloon in the distance. You blush as Taryn stares sternly, clearly wondering if she’ll have to have Alakazam keep close watch – if not complete control – over your trajectories after all. However, she seems to recognize some of it is her fault, and overlooks the loss of extra rounds as she beckons the next person come forward.

Feeling sheepish after that dismal first show, you try to calm down and plan your following strategy more carefully. Jacob smiles at you, clapping to congratulate the effort anyway. Seeing his hands move crookedly, never quite making firm contact, and the string still attached to them, compels – and consequently disconcerts – you even more. When your next turn comes, you boldly approach the range, take aim, and fire.

…Turns out you’re a terrible shot, even when prepared. Whether it’s because of the pressure to perform, the stress of the stakes, or simply sheer lack of coordination, your hand still shakes and misses its mark by a wide margin. It’s the same story each time you try. You begin to blame external factors, wondering if perhaps the pistol is faulty, or the game is rigged, but something in Taryn’s and even the competition’s exasperated expressions tells you that no, you just apparently really suck at this.

At least Jacob seems to be enthused, cheering truly despite the disappointments. Satisfying a single spectator was all that mattered anyway, so you’re glad to have at least achieved that goal. Still, you’d personally like to score at least one hit. There’s only one balloon remaining. Pikachu starts to prepare the parachute as he declines deeper into view. Gritting your teeth, you pull the trigger.

POP!

At the last moment, a decoy drifts lazily by, blocking the frame. Arugulus, ever alert, tracks the ticket as it falls. Coincidentally it lands right before his feet, but beyond touch. You’re too disheartened by the ruined perfect shot to care, cursing camera-hoggers, but Jacob jumps for joy as he swings a dizzy Doldrum around. The little boy hardly looks deceased anymore, bursting instead with life. You can’t help but beam a little as the next contestant makes an attempt, and succeeds at bringing down the last balloon. Pika pulls the preserver on cue, and Taryn signals everyone to wait until he’s touched down in the fairground. Everyone watches the descent with bated breath, ready to run after the bait themselves.

Taryn withdraws her signature whistle, which you remember seeing at the Hero’s Festival, and upon the shrill sound the second halves of each team scramble for priority. Arugulus immediately stoops to seize the prize you provided, though many others also had their eye on it. He slides barely ahead of them, snatching it out of play. Jacob shouts encouragement, and Arugulus pauses to proudly pose with his trophy… Only to result in nearly being trampled by a stampede of angry protesters. He clutches the ticket tight to prevent theft, but turns out they were merely rushing to claim the rest of the receipts. (Though brawling might’ve been prevented in part thanks to Taryn’s timely reminder that any use of violence will result in disqualification.)

Arugulus soon finds himself far behind, panicking as he hurries to pursue the pack. Once he’s slipped out of sight after a couple other stragglers, Taryn taps a monitor behind her to turn it on, key cameras placed over the fairground describing the action up close while Altaria (presumably) affords an aerial view. You and Jacob watch eagerly, spotting Arugulus on one of the screens. While he is unable to keep pace with bigger and faster Pokémon – or people, for that matter – his small size allows him to slither easily through the swarm, seeking any leftovers the others might’ve failed to notice in their haste.

Your pulse pumps. Not just your own. Looking down, you grow conscious of Jacob squeezing your hand. …On second thought, a dead person wouldn’t possess a pulse, would he? But for a moment, it’s as if blood is flowing through both of you.

A roar rides through the mass, and you glance up to see someone else has managed to pinpoint Pika first. Though it wasn’t your prerogative, Jacob senses a slight surge of envy stemming from your soul, and squeezes again. You squeeze back, and smile. You did your best. Which is what you also tell Arugulus when he regretfully returns with paltry pickings. Thanking him while Jacob pats the lizard’s head (who surprisingly doesn’t recoil), you take the three tickets up to Taryn, who greets you warmly.

“Good job! Don’t feel bad, you and your Pokémon did well, and won some pretty nice prizes to boot.” She winks, and you grin good-humoredly to acknowledge you’re both aware and accept the fact she means they’re merely booty prizes. As you step forward to receive them, she drops to a slightly serious tone again.

“Sorry if I startled you before. I hope you and your friends had fun anyway. I’m not sure what the situation is, but I just thought you might like to know a little more about… Him. I’ll be waiting you-know-where if you do want to hear.”

With that, she presents you with a Pretty Wing and a Cherish Ball. Her eyes then light upon the purple-colored slip Arugulus first picked up, the one you shot out of the sky. “Well, aren’t you lucky! You get to choose from one of our fine selections of Pokémon plushies!”

She shows you the shelf display, which includes a number of stuffed replicas among other toys and trinkets. The floor even seats a life-size Snorlax. However, your eyes fall upon a velvety violet sphere tucked in the back, small in surface area but voluminous. Two cords dangle over the side of the sill, gold hearts attached. A cross of identical color kisses its lips. At the top rests a tiny tuft of cloud.

The Drifloon doll stares silently at you, mouth taped shut. Still, you can imagine what it’s probably saying.

What will you do?
Pocketing the trinkets in his inventory Shadow made a few quick evaluations of the completed event. For one, at some point, review and improvement of his proficiency at firearms was likely required in the event KND Decommissioning ever went after him. For two, social events still largely troubled him out of the fear of embarrassing himself, though the team was already mentally prepared for this since optimal victory was not the outcome they were seeking. While the others kept watch about him Shadow stared at the displays laid in front of him. Amongst the population of plush dolls lay what Shadow guessed was the immediate answer to their problems, or at least an approximation to said resolution.

It felt like a large weight had been lifted from the entire team, not just the scientist. Pressure and panic from the fear of losing one of the squad had plagued everyone's spirits, but now a solution had presented itself. Or had it? The niggling paranoia Shadow had long since grown accustomed to began to fire its queries. Dead, and perhaps somewhat oblivious as he was, what were the chances Jacob would be convinced by a decoy of Doldrum? And what would the Murkrow make of this if the attempt at deception was discovered? For that matter, how perceptive Jacob was remained a mystery, along with everything about his past. There was a traumatic experience that surrounded the Sky Fair, that much was certain, and he understood the ideas of life and death. Yet, at the same time, he continued to hold a strong degree of innocence even in his current state. Shadow realised that in the end there was still no plan as to how Jacob was to be informed of all this - at one point a swap would have to be made, and the plan for that was still up in the air. Could the team spirit Doldrum away without Jacob knowing? Was there a need to? The end appeared in sight but it was clear that the journey was only halfway finished.

Shadow gripped the plushie exchange ticket in his hand. There was still insufficient intel he needed for the mission to finish without risking anyone. His mind went back to the defensive hostess, Taryn - she knew what was going on, or rather what had occurred, and understandably she had her own reservations and questions. Perhaps she could be convinced to help given her prior knowledge over Jacob. In any case, attempting to resolve Doldrum's imprisonment would be premature at the present stage.

"Alright, fellows; new plan. We get the Drifloon doll, and hold onto it. We're going to go recon on the bird show, in a corner close to backstage where people are less likely to notice," instructed the operative, sotto voce. "I'm going to liaise with our new acquaintance on our next course of action. At the first sign of trouble, Arugulus, don't hesitate to look for me. I'm counting on the rest of you to guard Jacob and our hostage by any means necessary."
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 12:50 PM   #920
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
biggggg5: Pandora is the first one to make a move, much to her dismay, as she faces the big scary bee. She releases a String Shot at the Beedrill, covering it in the same type of string that held Hotstuff captive earlier. It struggles to keep afloat, just as Hotstuff uses Heat Wave again, and as soon as the wave passes through the Beedrill, it screeches again, lowering its health even more, but it seems most of the String Shot is gone as it burns and falls off. The Beedrill rushes towards the Caterpie, who retreats quicker than an Abra behind her trainer. The Beedrill changes its track almost instantly, jabbing Hotstuff again with Fury Attack, taking away more health from him. He spits out another Heat Wave, just as the bee flies retreats behind a tree for cover, emerging afterwards, trying to attack Hotstuff again, but Hotstuff manages to spit out another Heat Wave in time, this one slightly weaker than the last ones, right before it got a chance to attack, burning the bee and dipping its health further. Hotstuff gets covered in the familiar String Shot after the Beedrill takes a second to breathe, lowering his movements once again. The bee suddenly bursts into fire again as the burn damage takes effect which gets put out immediately, but not before taking health away with it. Both Pokémon are panting quite audibly now, both looking more tired by the second.

What will you do now?
Hotstuff is getting tired again maybe I should switch him out for Hercules or Queendra. "Use a strength then give it a scratch. End with another heat wave!" Big yells to the fire-type. He turns back to Krys. "Keep up the same plan but wait until after the heat wave to have her use the string shot." He instructs her. Hotstuff glances at his battle partner, the timid Caterpie. He talks to her in the language of Pokemon. Translated: "Don't worry I have the type advantage, I will make sure that nothing happens to you" He encourages the scared bug Pokemon with an endearing smile.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #921
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Comet's Corner
YDT:
Pinochelette, while a little hurt by your dismissal, goes on to move the rock with all her power. She starts to push one of the rocks with all her power as she uses Strength. The rock doesn't seem like it is moving at all though. The Swablu looks on at the Pichu, and then seems to get an idea as it takes flight. It climbs at least 20 feet into the air, before diving and slamming into the top of the rock with all it's weight and speed with a Take Down. The boulder slowly starts to move before it finally topples to the side. A loud thud is heard as the boulder touches the ground, with a little dust gathering around the air. After a little bit of coughing, the Swablu and Pinochelette stand before you, with the Pichu finally free from the boulders that held it captive. Swablu looks slightly hurt with the recoil from the Take Down, but otherwise is okay. The Pichu looks weak, but it manages to get up slowly, wobbling a little before trying to walk to you. As it walks to you, you start to feel heavy steps behind you, and turn. A Boldore is staring at you 10 feet away from you, and it looks quite mad to see you, making menacing movements at you and your Pokémon, getting closer by the second...

How will you respond?

Niles jumped up and down excitedly as he watched the Swablu push the rock out of the way. The Swablu looked a bit damaged after the attack, but it managed to free the Pichu. Pinochlette gets angry at the Swablu showing her up, and starts nudging Niles. Niles pushes her aside, as he starts to walk over to the Pichu. 'THUD' a loud step is heard behind Niles. He turns around and see a Boldore coming close and it looked angry.

"Where'd that come from and why is it so angry?" Niles asked to the Swablu, whom he knows see as the one in charge of this situation. "PI!" Pinochlette cries as she jumps in front of Niles getting ready to Protect any attack that might occur. Pinochlette isn't strong enough to battle yet. I should get someone else to deal with this he thought as he reached for his belt.

"Go Skubble! Defend your little sister with a Bone Club!" Niles commanded as he threw the pokeball at the Boldore.

Stats
YDT is offline  
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #922
SoS
Ducks gonna duck
 
SoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post

Space Path

Son_of_Shadows


Trying a different tactic, you volley out orders to Bishop and Aegis, telling them to overwhelm their foes with a Fire-Water Combination, just as you saw on the famous Battle Frontier Battles on television. Bishop flaps his tiny wings hard, causing a Wave of Heat to soar towards the enemies. Aegis provides the Water, Muddy, but still water. The two moves combine, creating a flashy display of light, but not completely, due to the mud. Houndour and Skorupi are simply stunned, and forget all about their orders to dodge, as the combination move blasts them away. While they are recovering, Bishop and Aegis waste no time in flanking the Houndour, knocking them towards each other with Tackle, as if it’s a tennis ball. Houndour, angry, gets up and latches onto Bishop with a Fire Fang, causing a burn to develop on Bishop’s wing, still usable, but will harder to fly with. Bishop lands in front of you, panting a bit. Skorupi, however, isn’t done and fires a volley of Sludge Bombs that fall like rain on Aegis, blowing him into a wall, though his shell protects him. Houndour and Skorupi close in on Bishop, and use a Double Crunch, their fangs digging into the Owl Pokemon, damaging him terribly, though both of them seem badly damaged. At the end, the Galactic Grunts yell out their orders. “Houndour, finish the Hoothoot off with a double Thunder Fang! Skorupi, Swords Dance, then Cross Poison on the Squirtle!

What will you do?

This was looking bad - Bishop was almost out for the count, and Aegis would probably follow suit if he got nailed by that Cross Poison. Bishop's burn was also going to cause them problems. Joshua was not entirely sure what to do here, but he couldn't back down. If that Skorupi was boosting its power, it had to go first, that was for sure. And if they were both going to target Bishop, then maybe... This was a risky stratagem, but if it worked correctly, he could probably work his way into a favourable position, if not outright take them down here.

"Aegis, as fast as you can, use your Softboiled to heal Bishop - Bishop, those Thunder Fangs will hurt, but I know you can take them once you get healed. In the meantime, muster all your strength for another Heat Wave, aimed at Skorupi, and follow with a Peck if it's still standing! If not, then go ahead and use Uproar on Houndour. Aegis, once you've healed Bishop with Softboiled, go wild with another Muddy Water against Houndour!"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #923
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
OOC: Welp, just making the announcement that as of today, I am officially a Cloud Garden ZA. I'll be talking with lilbluecorsola and itza and everyone, but I look forward to taking updatees and running some pretty awesome adventures very, very soon!
tau is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #924
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest

Thrain: Blaze barks at your orders, just as the Ariados sends purple pin like projectiles towards him, hitting him and making back down from the pain of the Poison Sting. You take a closer look and notice that Blazer seems a little sick after the attack, though he still Leers at the Ariados, which still takes effect as his defenses are lowered even further. Blaze jumps towards the Ariados, while it is unnerved by the Leer and Bites its body, making the Ariados screech in pain. Blaze let's go of the Ariados after taking another small chunk of health away, and it seems like the Ariados is finally getting worn as it begins to pant, but Blaze is also starting to looking tired. The Ariados' eyes begin to glow, just as Blaze is about to spit out his attack, and Blaze is suddenly lifted from his feet, whining while floating before being thrown by a Psychic attack towards a tree, yelping in pain as he hits the tree, taking quite a bit of health from the pup. He falters getting up but manages to get up before unleashing a Flamethrower at the Ariados, who gets hit head on, screeching in agony as it tries to put out the flame covering its body. The Ariados' panting is now heavier than before, but it manages to unleash another String Shot at Blaze, who gets covered in the string once again, slowing him down and stumbling slightly as he looks on at the Ariados, but also looking in pain as the poison takes effect.

You then hear Steven say behind you, "Eric, I have a bad feeling about this. The Ariados seem like they aren't really looking to defeat our Pokémon. It is more like they are stalling..."

What will you do?

As soon as Eric finished relaying his orders to Blaze, the Ariados spat out a Poison Sting that hit the Growlithe head-on, inflicting him with a poison status. Whining in pain, he began to pant heavily, the poison already beginning to drain his energy away. Eric groaned inwardly after noticing this, but refrained from healing his partner just yet. If we can hold on just a little longer, I know we'll be able to get through this, poison or no poison, he thought to himself encouragingly. Calling forth the very same words of optimism to Blaze, Eric crossed his fingers, watching the pup intently. Blaze bit back the pain, Leering at the ugly spider before rushing in with a Bite. Exhaustion seemed to be racing through the spider, for its perpetual smile faltered for a second as it felt the damage from Blaze's attack. It retaliated with a nasty Psychic, propelling Blaze into a tree that grew near the battle. The attack looked very painful indeed, although the feisty fire pup didn't show it. Rushing in, he unleashed his fire energy in a Flamethrower that hissed and curled around the spider's form. "Yes!" Eric called at the sideline, overjoyed at the success of the powerful fire type move.

As the fire cleared away, Eric noticed that both Blaze and the Ariados were panting heavier than before due to the painful attacks from both sides. Despite its condition, Ariados still managed anther String Shot that wrapped around Blaze's legs, trapping him in place. The spider's smile was still clear upon its face, and it still nagged at Eric's stomach. Something was definitely not right with this situation. Suddenly a voice off to the side caught Eric's attention. In all the excitement of the fight, it looked like Eric had put some distance between himself and Steven. "Eric, I have a bad feeling about this," he called. "The Ariados seem like they aren't really looking to defeat our Pokémon. It is more like they are stalling..."

Suddenly all the puzzle pieces fell into place in Eric's mind. That's what they're doing, he thought. They're trying to distract us from something. I bet something's wrong at the Centre; it's the only logical explanation for the strange behavior of these Ariados. Calling forth his opinion to Steven, Eric pondered their next course of action. "Steven, I think that we should try to make a run for it. Why don't we both just rush forward and make a break for it through those trees," he said, gesturing toward an opening in the path. "I bet something's happening at the Pokémon Centre, so you should probably take the lead to get us there!"

Readying himself, Eric called out his orders to his partner. "All right, Blaze. Get out of that web with another Ember quickly, then rush toward a break in the trees. If the spiders try to stop you, just blast your way through with another Flamethrower, followed by a Hidden Power Ice if necessary." Steven called out his orders next, and Eric tensed his muscles, prepared to run as fast as he could.



Thrain is offline  
Old 09-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #925
tau
Cascade Badge
 
tau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nap-town
Posts: 381
Send a message via Skype™ to tau
The Fountain Garden:

OkikuMew:


As you begin to explore the Fountain Garden, some of the stress and self-doubt within you begin to melt away at the pure serenity of the locale. You breathe deeply as you walk, letting the fresh air fill your lungs, carrying with it the slightest hint of sea foam- a salt water area, perhaps. Far in the distance you hear the cry of an aquatic bird Pokemon, and smile to yourself as Rawk hops in the direction of its origination. He seems like an eager little guy, at least.

Your stroll gradually slows to a very casual pace, and allow yourself the small indulgence of being lost in the moment. Rawk hops near your feet, chirping to no one in particular, simply looking to show off it's courage to the world in general.

Your revery is broken however, when the sounds of splashing catch your ear. You pause, mid-step, head craning to find the source. In what appears to be a lake, some hundred meters from you, you finally spot it: something just below the surface is kicking up water and causing the noise. You start forward, when you notice one more, small detail...

The thing crashing wildly in the water is no pokemon, it's a human. Whoever it is, they don't seem to be a very good swimmer...

What will you do?


Delibird Ridge:

Fireray


As you walk through the first few dozen meters of the cavern, you find yourself growing rather disappointed with the overt lack of pokemon. It seems like the whole area has gone silent, leaving just you and your Cyndaquil alone in the semi-darkness of the caverns vast emptiness. The Cyndaquill stays close to your leg, as though nervous at the ethereal stillness and quiet of the damp cave, though it refused to let that small inkling of fear show in its expression.

You poke around for a few more minutes, but find nothing of any interest and decide it's best to turn back, to try your luck elsewhere. Just as you turn to leave, however, the sound of rustling feathers explodes behind you. You spin in place, but see nothing- it was an echo, from somewhere deeper in the caverns!

There IS something in here, after all, you just don't know what...

What will you do?


Delibird Ridge:

Kairne


You make steady progress up the incrementally steeper hill, deftly picking your path through the treacherous footing. You are struck by an overwhelming sense of purpose as you make your climb, and are reminded of why you set out on your journey in the first place- this is where you belong.

Life is never easy and rarely fair, but the truly deserving, the strong, the bold, they always found their way. You would find your way. It seemed almost a little silly, such a deep line of thought over something as small as climbing this hill, but deep inside you knew that the hill was nothing more than a symbol- a physical manifestation of the constant struggle to become better. In this path, there lay only greatness.

You reach the crest of the hill and pull yourself over, thrown into a breathtaking vista of all the lands below you. In the distance you see something that promises the adventure you seek- hidden in a small outcropping of grass, nestled amongst the stones of the peak, there is the faintest outline of nesting area. There is no immediate evidence as to what sort of Pokemon might call this place home, but right now, you have the advantage- surprise.

What will you do?

Last edited by tau; 09-15-2012 at 01:35 AM.
tau is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.