UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #201
Stark
Rainbow Badge
 
Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 746
Re: The Twilight Realm

Ytnim, I will be your updater for this adventure. If you have any questions or concerns at any time, feel free to let me know and I will do what I can to help you. In the meantime, I hope you have fun.

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

You arrive amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port wondering how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travelers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favorite treats from one of the many stands on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for tidbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, your interest lies elsewhere. Leaving the port behind, you travel along the main walkway until you find yourself standing on the edge of the enormous plains known as Elyra Field.

While you had an idea that the plains would be large thanks to the map you studied on your way here. You weren’t quite prepared for how massive it actually is in reality. As it was, it was going to take some time to cross these plains on foot. While you continue to gaze upon Elyra Field you notice a number of people out and about, enjoying the day. Couples stroll through the grass hand in hand, families sit on checker-boarded blankets enjoying a picnic together, others wander around staring at maps in an attempt to ascertain just where they are and where they are going.

In the distance you see a pair of towering mountains. One seemingly surrounded by an icy haze while the other appears to have steam rising from its peak creating what appears to be a smoky ring hovering above it. It doesn’t take long for you to realize that your destination, as chosen by drawing straws or pencils as the case may have been, is right in front of you. With your path defined, you take your first steps into vast plains.

Heading off toward Empyrean Mountain you find the soft gentle breeze of this fine day refreshing under the warm afternoon sun. Your casual dress ideal for the weather conditions. After several minutes of walking you notice a man who appears to be in his twenties with dark brown hair cut to the nape of his neck dressed in a gray suit coat and dress pants that have seen better days pacing back and forth in front of you. You can’t help but notice how out of place he looks on the empty plains.

“Will you marry me? Will YOU marry me? Will you MARRY me? WILL you marry ME?” you hear him say over and over to himself as he tries to figure out the right inflection for the question. Finally he notices you and stops. A look of panic on his face, then relief as he takes a deep breath and calms down. With a nervous smile he looks to you and says quickly, “Thank God, I thought you were someone else. My fiancé. Well she’s not my fiancé yet. I mean I hope she will be after I ask her. Ummmm… I’m Jeff.”

He stops for a second and looks at you before continuing his nervous pacing. “WILL you marry me?….. Have you ever been married?" he stops and asks you rhetorically, "No I suppose not. I mean your still a little young. Me either. Hey wanna see the ring I got her?”

Without waiting for an answer from you Jeff reaches into his pocket and pulls out a velvet covered small box and opens it. For a moment he seems lost in the beauty of the small glistening diamond ring within. A smile warmed his face as he turns back to you holds the ring out for you to look upon. Just then, an unexpected blur of brown fur flashes between yourself and Jeff. A moment later you both notice the box with the ring is gone from Jeff’s hand. Jeff’s slack jawed stunned look of disbelief and panic says it all.

“Nooo! Give that back!” he shouts as he runs a few steps off to the left before tripping and falling on his face. As you follow his movements you see a small Buneary giggling about fifteen feet away as it pulls the engagement gift out and discards the box to grassy ground below. It’s eyes seem transfixed on the shiny jewel as it’s head tilts from side to side examining the way the light bounces off the clear diamond set in gold.

“Please! You’ve got to help me! If I lose that ring, I’ll never be able to ask Melissa to marry me. It took me a year to save up enough money to buy that one and… and…. I don’t think she’ll wait another year for me,” Jeff pleads from his spot upon the ground.

What will you do?
Stark is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 04:57 AM   #202
Ytnim
Pokemon Trainer
 
Ytnim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to Ytnim
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
OOC: I will be your updater for this adventure. If you have any questions or concerns at any time, feel free to let me know and I will do what I can to help you. In the meantime, I hope you have fun.

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

You arrive amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port wondering how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travelers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favorite treats from one of the many stands on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for tidbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, your interest lies elsewhere. Leaving the port behind, you travel along the main walkway until you find yourself standing on the edge of the enormous plains known as Elyra Field.

While you had an idea that the plains would be large thanks to the map you studied on your way here. You weren’t quite prepared for how massive it actually is in reality. As it was, it was going to take some time to cross these plains on foot. While you continue to gaze upon Elyra Field you notice a number of people out and about, enjoying the day. Couples stroll through the grass hand in hand, families sit on checker-boarded blankets enjoying a picnic together, others wander around staring at maps in an attempt to ascertain just where they are and where they are going.

In the distance you see a pair of towering mountains. One seemingly surrounded by an icy haze while the other appears to have steam rising from its peak creating what appears to be a smoky ring hovering above it. It doesn’t take long for you to realize that your destination, as chosen by drawing straws or pencils as the case may have been, is right in front of you. With your path defined, you take your first steps into vast plains.

Heading off toward Empyrean Mountain you find the soft gentle breeze of this fine day refreshing under the warm afternoon sun. Your casual dress ideal for the weather conditions. After several minutes of walking you notice a man who appears to be in his twenties with dark brown hair cut to the nape of his neck dressed in a gray suit coat and dress pants that have seen better days pacing back and forth in front of you. You can’t help but notice how out of place he looks on the empty plains.

“Will you marry me? Will YOU marry me? Will you MARRY me? WILL you marry ME?” you hear him say over and over to himself as he tries to figure out the right inflection for the question. Finally he notices you and stops. A look of panic on his face, then relief as he takes a deep breath and calms down. With a nervous smile he looks to you and says quickly, “Thank God, I thought you were someone else. My fiancé. Well she’s not my fiancé yet. I mean I hope she will be after I ask her. Ummmm… I’m Jeff.”

He stops for a second and looks at you before continuing his nervous pacing. “WILL you marry me?….. Have you ever been married?" he stops and asks you rhetorically, "No I suppose not. I mean your still a little young. Me either. Hey wanna see the ring I got her?”

Without waiting for an answer from you Jeff reaches into his pocket and pulls out a velvet covered small box and opens it. For a moment he seems lost in the beauty of the small glistening diamond ring within. A smile warmed his face as he turns back to you holds the ring out for you to look upon. Just then, an unexpected blur of brown fur flashes between yourself and Jeff. A moment later you both notice the box with the ring is gone from Jeff’s hand. Jeff’s slack jawed stunned look of disbelief and panic says it all.

“Nooo! Give that back!” he shouts as he runs a few steps off to the left before tripping and falling on his face. As you follow his movements you see a small Buneary giggling about fifteen feet away as it pulls the engagement gift out and discards the box to grassy ground below. It’s eyes seem transfixed on the shiny jewel as it’s head tilts from side to side examining the way the light bounces off the clear diamond set in gold.

“Please! You’ve got to help me! If I lose that ring, I’ll never be able to ask Melissa to marry me. It took me a year to save up enough money to buy that one and… and…. I don’t think she’ll wait another year for me,” Jeff pleads from his spot upon the ground.

What will you do?
Minty rubs his eyes in disbelief, not believing what he was seeing. The ring just seemed to disappear! Looking around quickly, he soon spots the Buneary just out of reach, seemingly hypnotised by the shiny engagement ring that it had just "stolen" for lack of a better word. Looking back to Jeff, Minty keeps his vision on the Rabbit pokemon, in case it tries to run away.

"It's nice to meet you Jeff. Call me Minty. Yeah I'll help ya, I don't think the little buggar means any harm, but it doesn't look like it will just give the ring back. Plus, it's fast. Better do something to slow it down, before it can get away."

Minty grabs a pokeball from his shorts, enlarges it, and throws it forward, releasing his electric pokemon, Blitz, the Manectric.

"Blitz, Jeff here wants to propose to his girlfriend. Thing is, that Buneary over there just grabbed his ring, and proposing without a ring just doesn't have the same... ring to it, now does it?" the trainer grins to himself at his pun. "Would you mind giving it a little Thunder Wave, just so it can't run away without us catching it?"

The Manectric nods, Blitz's fur crackling with static electricity, just waiting to be released. Minty, confident in his pokemon's abilities, now began to think of a way to get the ring back after they had eliminated some of it's means of escape.
__________________

Party:
Steel Core Egg | Lvl 55 Zephyr | Lvl 38 Bane
Lvl 27 Granite | Lvl 50 Tonic | Lvl 30 Blitz

PC:
Lvl 23 Core | Lvl 5 Cannon
Lvl 7 Ether | Lvl 55 Havok
Ytnim is offline  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #203
S_M
Volcano Badge
 
S_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to S_M
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

S_M: With an oversized Ariados dripping poison from its oversized pincers while standing threateningly over the petrified Persian, you know you'll need to think quickly and decisively in order to help the cat. The boy, angry only a moment before, is now screeching like a schoolgirl, the sight of Ariados almost enough to make him pee his pants. He turns around and runs, more interested in saving himself than in rescuing his feline companion. Not at all impressed by his reaction, you're too busy with the impending battle to be concerned with him at the moment. Rescuing Persian is foremost in your mind and while you take in everything going on around you in a matter of seconds, a plan unfolds. Priority number one - get Ariados out of the tree.

Dragonite listens carefully to your instructions, nodding her understanding before moving swiftly into action. Unfortunately for Dragonite she may be quick, but Ariados is quicker. This arachnid is no fool and isn't about to stand around watching while a Pokémon trainer and his Dragonite work out a way to defeat it. A peculiar ghostly type aura surrounds Ariados, and the next moment it's slamming forcefully into Dragonite before clinging on as tightly as possible. Surprised by the speed of the attack, and also by the fact you've never seen anything like its Shadow Sneak used before, you can't help but become distressed when Ariados twists itself around and Jabs Dragonite with the Poisonous spike on its head. Dragonite cries out, the sudden stinging sensation burning her skin before she lets loose a Thunder Wave. The electric attack does its job and Ariados tenses up, it's legs curling into its body as it drops to the ground. Landing with a light thud, Ariados appears completely paralyzed, but that doesn't stop it from releasing a String Shot. The sticky substance splats Dragonite in the stomach, fortunately missing her wing which stops her from being hindered by the sticky goo while she swoops down for her next attack. Landing lightly on the ground, Dragonite lifts the mutant spider above her head before Slamming it into the ground with all her might. You hear air expelled from Ariados' lungs, but are more concerned with the fact Dragonite appears a little woozy, seemingly poisoned. Persian is mewing softly, still wrapped tightly to the tree branch, and judging from its weak cry is quite possibly also suffering the toxic effects of the arachnid's lethal attacks...
Hearing a high pitched screaming coming from his left, Stephen wheels around, expecting the boy, at the very least, to be in immediate bodily harm. However, the boy had merely seen the Ariados and had decided to run from it, leaving his Persian to help himself. Glaring at the boy as a look of resentment crosses Stephen's face, his attention is brought back to the matter at hand by a roar of surprise from Dragonite.

Turning quickly to see what is happening, Stephen's stomach turns uncomfortably as he sees the Ariados latched on to Dragonite, looking just in time to see the Ariados jab Dragonite with the horn atop its head, injecting poison directly into Dragonite's bloodstream. Seemingly having had enough of this, Dragonite's antennae glow blue at tendrils of electricity descend onto Ariados. Even from his distance, Stephen can see Ariados's muscular system suddenly contract, releasing Dragonite from its grip as its legs curl up, falling through the air before landing on the ground with a gentle thud.

Not completely debilitated, the Ariados does have a trick up its sleeve. From its mouth comes a String Shot, which shoots upwards through the air and hits Dragonite in the chest. She roars, perhaps not realizing that if the string would have hit her just a few inches from that spot, she could have followed Ariados's lead and fell to the ground as well.

Dragonite dives down toward the ground, the String Shot following her like a banner as she reaches the ground. Planting her feet on the ground, Dragonite picks up the crippled Ariados, Slamming it into the ground in front of her. Stephen hears as the Ariados exhales deeply, but is more concerned by a wince that Dragonite makes after completing her attack. "Poison..." Stephen mutters to himself, "Just great."

His attention is again diverted, however, as he hears the Persian give a soft meow. Lookig upwards, he sees that the Persian looks much worse than it did only a few seconds ago. Realizing that it may be poisoned as well, Stephen reaches into his bag and extracts a small, green berry. Realizing that it would be quite difficult to throw it accurately from this distance and expect the Persian to eat it, Stephen reaches for one of the Pokeballs attached to his belt.

"Go, Swellow!" Stephen mutters. In a flash of white light, the form of a swallow like Pokemon appears before him, flapping its wings a few times to stay airborne. "Swellow, I want you to take this Lum Berry up there to that Persian. Be careful."

Swellow nods once before taking the berry in her talons, and flying upwards toward the Persian. Now then... Stephen thinks, turning his attention back to the battle at hand.

"Good job Dragonite!" Stephen thinks, hoping that he would be able to end the battle before the poison's effects took too much of Dragonite's health. "Now quickly use Dragon Rage, followed by an Ice Beam! If it tries to attack you back, confuse it with a Supersonic!"
__________________
TL6 - Former B+ Ref
Former Dragon and Prehistoric Gym Leaders
57 - 18 - 6
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline  
Old 02-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #204
Stark
Rainbow Badge
 
Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 746
Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Minty:


Deciding to help Jeff with his little problem you release Blitz and order him to use a Thunderwave on the little thief after introducing yourself. Blitz steps forward and stares at his foe for a moment before releasing a small wave of electricity toward the unsuspecting buneary.

Buneary meanwhile seems so pre-occupied with its newfound treasure that it doesn't even notice that you have released Blitz, much less ordered him to attack. However, the daydreaming doesn't last long as the little rabbit's body suddenly stiffens and its hair stands up all over its body causing it to look far fluffier than it really is. Buneary's face twists and contorts into a look of anger. For a second it looks like it might attack. Blitz steps in front of you, sizing up the bunny in order to figure out the best strategy to defeat it. Buneary stares at you with a look of daggers when without warning, and to your surprise, the brown and tan pokémon breaks out in a high pitched cry coupled with streams of tears.

Jeff picks himself up off the ground and brushes himself off while walking up next to you saying with confused voice, "I think we might have hurt its feelings."

Soon you notice a number of small brown heads rise up from the knee high grass. It doesn't take long for you to figure out that this buneary is part of a herd. Soon the other buneary rush over to their weeping companion and begin to calm it down. Within seconds, where there was once one buneary, there now stands a dozen.

"Oh no!" Jeff whines, "I've lost track of which one has the ring."

Before you know it you realize that the same has happened to you as the sea of brown and tan fur continues to swirl before your eyes. Taking the initiative Jeff starts towards the herd of buneary shouting, "Hey give me back my ring!"

The rabbits all raise their heads quizzically and stare at Jeff for a brief second before running off in different directions in three groups of four. Jeff slaps his head with the palm of his hand berating himself, "Idiot!"

Soon he turns back toward you pleading, "Please, I'm sorry to have to ask you to do this again, but can you please help me get my ring back? I promise I'll make it worth your while. I swear it. I can go after one group if you go after one of the other groups."

What will you do?

Just choose a number 1, 2, or 3 to let me know which group you are chasing after, if you so choose to do so.
Stark is offline  
Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 PM   #205
Ytnim
Pokemon Trainer
 
Ytnim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to Ytnim
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Minty:


Deciding to help Jeff with his little problem you release Blitz and order him to use a Thunderwave on the little thief after introducing yourself. Blitz steps forward and stares at his foe for a moment before releasing a small wave of electricity toward the unsuspecting buneary.

Buneary meanwhile seems so pre-occupied with its newfound treasure that it doesn't even notice that you have released Blitz, much less ordered him to attack. However, the daydreaming doesn't last long as the little rabbit's body suddenly stiffens and its hair stands up all over its body causing it to look far fluffier than it really is. Buneary's face twists and contorts into a look of anger. For a second it looks like it might attack. Blitz steps in front of you, sizing up the bunny in order to figure out the best strategy to defeat it. Buneary stares at you with a look of daggers when without warning, and to your surprise, the brown and tan pokémon breaks out in a high pitched cry coupled with streams of tears.

Jeff picks himself up off the ground and brushes himself off while walking up next to you saying with confused voice, "I think we might have hurt its feelings."

Soon you notice a number of small brown heads rise up from the knee high grass. It doesn't take long for you to figure out that this buneary is part of a herd. Soon the other buneary rush over to their weeping companion and begin to calm it down. Within seconds, where there was once one buneary, there now stands a dozen.

"Oh no!" Jeff whines, "I've lost track of which one has the ring."

Before you know it you realize that the same has happened to you as the sea of brown and tan fur continues to swirl before your eyes. Taking the initiative Jeff starts towards the herd of buneary shouting, "Hey give me back my ring!"

The rabbits all raise their heads quizzically and stare at Jeff for a brief second before running off in different directions in three groups of four. Jeff slaps his head with the palm of his hand berating himself, "Idiot!"

Soon he turns back toward you pleading, "Please, I'm sorry to have to ask you to do this again, but can you please help me get my ring back? I promise I'll make it worth your while. I swear it. I can go after one group if you go after one of the other groups."

What will you do?

Just choose a number 1, 2, or 3 to let me know which group you are chasing after, if you so choose to do so.
Minty puts his head in his hands and shakes it as the little bunny pokemon calls it's friends with a shrill call and a smattering of tears. The trainer also seemed to have some split-second foresight about what was going to happen as the events began to unfold, but he could do nothing but watch as the Buneary split up and ran away in three different directions when Jeff started towards them, which was going to make things hard since there was only two of them to follow.

Blitz also shakes his head, disappointed that the plan failed since even he, the resident tactician on Minty's pokemon team, thought it was a good plan. Still there were factors in play that they were unaware of, namely the multitude of hiding Buneary in the vicinity, so with the facts they had it was still a good idea.

Looking to Jeff, Minty listens sincerely as the man asks for his help again, desperate not to lose his ring for his fiancé. Although the situation looked bleak, Minty was always one to try and keep things "light" as it were. So the young man smiled at Jeff, "Of course we'll help. You don't need to convince us to help, it's the right thing to do. Don't worry, we'll get that ring of yours back!" He replies cheerily.

Minty loses his smile for a moment as he enters thought, trying to think of a way to help figure out which way the ring might have been taken. Then, an idea hits him, and his grin is once again plastered to his face.

"I know! That ring should smell like you, you have been carrying it around, correct? So I'll get Blitz here to try and hunt down your smell! Blitz, use Odour Sleuth to get Jeff's scent, and then try and find anything else in the field that has his smell on him!"

The Manectric walks up deliberately to Jeff and begins to sniff him, attempting to "remember" his scent with his enhanced canine sense of smell so he might pick up any residual smell on the ring and follow it.

OOC: Ok, since I can't say if an attack will work or not, I assume the same applies here. I'll finish up the reply here, so you can say whether or not the odour sleuth tactic works, and which way Blitz will go. If the tactic fails, Minty will just head after the third group, to save you having to simply post that odour sleuth failed.
__________________

Party:
Steel Core Egg | Lvl 55 Zephyr | Lvl 38 Bane
Lvl 27 Granite | Lvl 50 Tonic | Lvl 30 Blitz

PC:
Lvl 23 Core | Lvl 5 Cannon
Lvl 7 Ether | Lvl 55 Havok
Ytnim is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #206
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

S_M: With Persian and Dragonite both suffering the effects of Ariados' poison, you're pretty sure that Persian is much worse off than your dragon and so decide to attend to the injured cat first. While you're releasing Swellow, Ariados stares up at Dragonite and unleashes black bolts of energy from its eyes, the Night Shade striking Dragonite under the chin and sending him reeling backward. Swellow takes flight with the Lum Berry in her beak, darting straight up into the tree and perching on the branch next to Persian, reaching down and placing the berry to its lips. She's not looking at all comfortable with putting her head so close to Persian's mouth considering the fact birds are a cats' natural prey, but since she can see that Persian is well and truly stuck to the branch and too weak to be bothered with taking her head off, she is partly satisfied with the fact that it is, at least for the moment, no direct threat to her. While Persian begins nibbing the berry Swellow has offered, Dragonite regains her composure and stares at Ariados with rage in her eyes. A Dragon's Rage is nothing to sneeze at as Ariados soon learns, for in the next instant it is engulfed in a fireball that explodes out of Dragonite. The arachnid doesn't seem to want to give up, and fires off a String Shot, the sticky webbing splatting across Dragonite's chest which fortunately does nothing more than annoy her. Regardless of the fact Ariados is at least four times the size as that of any other of its kind that she's seen, including her very own teammate, Dragonite isn't about to let it get the better of her. Steam forms in front of her face as frost forms in her mouth and a moment later Dragonite unleashes an Ice Beam which freezes Ariados solid, KOing it. Level up for Dragonite. Pleased to see that Ariados is no longer an issue, you don't have a chance to celebrate your victory before hearing an angry, "Hey!" from behind you. Turning around you see the same boy who'd run off screaming like a little pansy returning with a rather irate man at his side whom you assume to be the boys father. Whatever the kid told him you're sure it's not the truth, for the man looks like he's ready to tear you limb from limb. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he yells, his face red with anger...


Xander: Giggling upon hearing you call her "pumpkin", the girl appears to be feeling more at ease now that she knows you're not going to be mad with her. "My name is Kayla, and I'm six years old" the girl replies, holding up five fingers to confirm her age. "Me and Bonky came here to look for something, but we didn't find it and then the dark man came." At this point Kayla's features cloud over, her little forehead creased in a frown and her eyes filling with fear as she relives the memory. "He wanted the key, but I didn't have it and he wouldn't believe me. He said if I didn't give it to him he'll feed Bonky to the Sharpedo. I told him not to and I didn't know about a key and he threw Bonky off the cliff. I tried to save Bonky but the rocks kept breaking and falling into the water and I couldn't go down and I couldn't get up again. The dark man laughed and said next time he tells me to give him the key I better give it to him and then he went away and then you came."

Watching Kayla while she tells her story, you can see that she's hiding something but are unsure as to whether or not to push the issue. As for what she means by, "The dark man," you really have no idea as to who she can be referring to, but now knowing that a person is responsible for leaving a little girl and her Pokémon to die... it's simply inconceivable. Pondering over everything Kayla has just said, you're a little concerned to see her face becoming paler and paler, but put it down to the fear she is feeling from retelling her story. That is until her little body suddenly goes completely limp and she collapses, laying unconscious on the grass. Bonky immediately leaps to his feet, patting Kayla's face and trying to wake her up, but to no avail...



Shadowshocker: "You can't blame yourself, especially for something that is way out of your control," Loretta says quietly in response to your apology. "You didn't have to help me at all, but you did at the risk of your own life and your Pokémon's. Please don't think you've done anything wrong, or should have made different decisions. The outcome would most likely have been the same, if not worse." Walking over to the severed ropes laying on the ground, Loretta picks them up and stares at them helplessly before using them to tether the thieves Tauros' to the fence. "I'll have Declan collect them later," she says, almost as an afterthought, before turning and walking slowly back up the track toward the ranch.

While you walk, you tell Loretta of the reasons for your visit to Laramie Ranch which puts a small, but definite smile on her face. Having grown up on the ranch she has seen many people come and go since she was a very little girl. All had different reasons for wanting to take part in the games, and she had made quite a few friends over the years. She has also taken part in all of the games countless times and knows how much fun, and sometimes just how frustrating, they can be. Her first love has always been for the Laramie horses however, and with her being taught how to ride before she could even walk, they had become a part of her soul. To this day, not a single person in the world has been able to break Loretta's record of the fastest lap at the ranch, or anywhere else. She is a true equestrian, feeling more at home on the back of a Rapidash than on her own feet. Of this she says nothing, simply continuing to listen while the two of you walk closer to the ranch.

Finally dismounting your steed, Loretta takes the reigns into her hand while you look her in the eye, offering to help her on her mission. A look of concern floods her face and you can see straight away that she's not at all comfortable with your plan. Her inner turmoil is fighting between her instinctive need to move as fast as possible with nobody to look out for other than herself, and her logical mind which is telling her that it just may be advantageous to have you join her. You've already helped once and shown an aptitude for the scientific side of the expedition she's about to embark upon, and she's well aware of her own major fault of making rash decisions which could get her into trouble without a logical mind present to help her see reason rather than dashing headlong into a situation she may not be able to get out of alone. But this is her mission, and her own stubborn nature cannot see how she can possibly allow another person to come to harm while fighting her battle. "I don't know...." she replies slowly, not wanting to hurt your feelings, but at the same time not entirely convinced she should go it alone.

Feeling decidedly uncomfortable with her response to your offer of help, Loretta smiles, giving you a gentle hug. "You're a wonderful person to be making such an offer but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of you coming to harm while helping me on a mission that will be very dangerous" she says by way of apology. "You've done more than enough already, and to think of you getting hurt... or worse...." Her words trail off, but she knows how ungrateful she sounds and is quick to try putting your mind at ease. "I'm not saying no, but can I think on it for a little while?" she asks before linking her arm through yours and walking through the main gate leading into the ranch.

Upon walking into the grounds of the ranch everything you'd just discussed with Loretta takes a back seat as the devastating scene in front of you assaults your eyes. The homestead is still standing, though badly fire damaged, but the smoldering pile of ashes and steel that you're assuming were once the stables, are completely destroyed. Ponyta, Rapidash, Tauros and Miltank are all wandering around the grounds of the ranch while people and a handful of water type Pokémon are running all over the place trying to put out the remnants of the fire. It is only then that you remember the trail of black smoke that had been rising into the air when you were approaching the ranch, but due to the distraction of the mysterious men in black along with the following events you'd completely forgotten about it. Not only had they stolen Andromeda and many other Laramie horses, but they'd also destroyed most of the ranch while they were at it.

"I'm so sorry you've come at such a bad time," Loretta says softly from beside you while her eyes scan the devastation wreaked upon her home. "At the very least let me offer you a meal and a room for the night after all you've done. You must meet my family as well, and if there's anything at all we can do for you please don't hesitate t..." but before Loretta has a chance to finish you both hear a loud creaking sound. Looking toward the remains of the stables you notice that one section of smoldering wall that hasn't completely burned yet is starting to fall - right onto a stray Ponyta who has wandered in too close to the burning ruins...
enchantress is offline  
Old 02-23-2008, 08:44 AM   #207
S_M
Volcano Badge
 
S_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to S_M
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

S_M: With Persian and Dragonite both suffering the effects of Ariados' poison, you're pretty sure that Persian is much worse off than your dragon and so decide to attend to the injured cat first. While you're releasing Swellow, Ariados stares up at Dragonite and unleashes black bolts of energy from its eyes, the Night Shade striking Dragonite under the chin and sending him reeling backward. Swellow takes flight with the Lum Berry in her beak, darting straight up into the tree and perching on the branch next to Persian, reaching down and placing the berry to its lips. She's not looking at all comfortable with putting her head so close to Persian's mouth considering the fact birds are a cats' natural prey, but since she can see that Persian is well and truly stuck to the branch and too weak to be bothered with taking her head off, she is partly satisfied with the fact that it is, at least for the moment, no direct threat to her. While Persian begins nibbing the berry Swellow has offered, Dragonite regains her composure and stares at Ariados with rage in her eyes. A Dragon's Rage is nothing to sneeze at as Ariados soon learns, for in the next instant it is engulfed in a fireball that explodes out of Dragonite. The arachnid doesn't seem to want to give up, and fires off a String Shot, the sticky webbing splatting across Dragonite's chest which fortunately does nothing more than annoy her. Regardless of the fact Ariados is at least four times the size as that of any other of its kind that she's seen, including her very own teammate, Dragonite isn't about to let it get the better of her. Steam forms in front of her face as frost forms in her mouth and a moment later Dragonite unleashes an Ice Beam which freezes Ariados solid, KOing it. Level up for Dragonite. Pleased to see that Ariados is no longer an issue, you don't have a chance to celebrate your victory before hearing an angry, "Hey!" from behind you. Turning around you see the same boy who'd run off screaming like a little pansy returning with a rather irate man at his side whom you assume to be the boys father. Whatever the kid told him you're sure it's not the truth, for the man looks like he's ready to tear you limb from limb. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he yells, his face red with anger...
Stephen watches with pride as Dragonite battles on. The overlarge Ariados, however, decides that the fight isn't over yet, its eyes turning black for a moment as a thunderbolt of ghost energy flies forth, striking Dragonite and sending her reeling back a few steps. Roaring in annoyance more than anything, Dragonite's eyes narrow and begin to glow a faint orange as she opens her mouth, releasing a massive fireball toward the Ariados. The Ariados is struck hard by the attack, but still fights on desperately. Again, the Ariados spits a sticky string from its mouth, striking into Dragonite again, but with the same effect as last time - none. A blue ball of energy forms inside Dragonite's mouth before spawning a beam of ice energy, the Ice Beam flying across the field and striking into the Ariados, freezing over the bug type and KOing it.

Sighing in relief that the battle was finally over, Stephen turns to Dragonite, who is noticibly wincing in pain from the poison. Pulling out a white and red orb, Stephen recalls the dragon, saying "Good job" as Stephen allows her to get some much needed rest.

Turning upward to see what is going on with Swellow and Persian, Stephen's attention is quickly brought back to eye level as he hears a "Hey!" from behind him. Turning around, Stephen sees the little boy from before, who had decided to run away and leave his Persian sitting in a tree rather than help it, and a man, who seemed to be the boy's father. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" the man yells, his face turning red from anger. Immediately, Stephen realizes that whatever story the boy had made up, it was certainly not true.

"I'm sorry? I just saved your kid's Persian from that giant monstrocity of an Ariados," Stephen says, gesturing to the Ariados popsicle. "I'm not sure of everything which happened, but when I got here the Persian was up in the tree, about to be eaten by the Ariados. I used my Dragonite to KO it, and I sent my Swellow up to the tree with a Lum Berry to try to cure the Persian's paralysis."

Rolling his eyes, Stephen remembered exactly why he hated whiny little brats again.
__________________
TL6 - Former B+ Ref
Former Dragon and Prehistoric Gym Leaders
57 - 18 - 6
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 AM   #208
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: "You can't blame yourself, especially for something that is way out of your control," Loretta says quietly in response to your apology. "You didn't have to help me at all, but you did at the risk of your own life and your Pokémon's. Please don't think you've done anything wrong, or should have made different decisions. The outcome would most likely have been the same, if not worse." Walking over to the severed ropes laying on the ground, Loretta picks them up and stares at them helplessly before using them to tether the thieves Tauros' to the fence. "I'll have Declan collect them later," she says, almost as an afterthought, before turning and walking slowly back up the track toward the ranch.

While you walk, you tell Loretta of the reasons for your visit to Laramie Ranch which puts a small, but definite smile on her face. Having grown up on the ranch she has seen many people come and go since she was a very little girl. All had different reasons for wanting to take part in the games, and she had made quite a few friends over the years. She has also taken part in all of the games countless times and knows how much fun, and sometimes just how frustrating, they can be. Her first love has always been for the Laramie horses however, and with her being taught how to ride before she could even walk, they had become a part of her soul. To this day, not a single person in the world has been able to break Loretta's record of the fastest lap at the ranch, or anywhere else. She is a true equestrian, feeling more at home on the back of a Rapidash than on her own feet. Of this she says nothing, simply continuing to listen while the two of you walk closer to the ranch.

Finally dismounting your steed, Loretta takes the reigns into her hand while you look her in the eye, offering to help her on her mission. A look of concern floods her face and you can see straight away that she's not at all comfortable with your plan. Her inner turmoil is fighting between her instinctive need to move as fast as possible with nobody to look out for other than herself, and her logical mind which is telling her that it just may be advantageous to have you join her. You've already helped once and shown an aptitude for the scientific side of the expedition she's about to embark upon, and she's well aware of her own major fault of making rash decisions which could get her into trouble without a logical mind present to help her see reason rather than dashing headlong into a situation she may not be able to get out of alone. But this is her mission, and her own stubborn nature cannot see how she can possibly allow another person to come to harm while fighting her battle. "I don't know...." she replies slowly, not wanting to hurt your feelings, but at the same time not entirely convinced she should go it alone.

Feeling decidedly uncomfortable with her response to your offer of help, Loretta smiles, giving you a gentle hug. "You're a wonderful person to be making such an offer but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with the idea of you coming to harm while helping me on a mission that will be very dangerous" she says by way of apology. "You've done more than enough already, and to think of you getting hurt... or worse...." Her words trail off, but she knows how ungrateful she sounds and is quick to try putting your mind at ease. "I'm not saying no, but can I think on it for a little while?" she asks before linking her arm through yours and walking through the main gate leading into the ranch.

Upon walking into the grounds of the ranch everything you'd just discussed with Loretta takes a back seat as the devastating scene in front of you assaults your eyes. The homestead is still standing, though badly fire damaged, but the smoldering pile of ashes and steel that you're assuming were once the stables, are completely destroyed. Ponyta, Rapidash, Tauros and Miltank are all wandering around the grounds of the ranch while people and a handful of water type Pokémon are running all over the place trying to put out the remnants of the fire. It is only then that you remember the trail of black smoke that had been rising into the air when you were approaching the ranch, but due to the distraction of the mysterious men in black along with the following events you'd completely forgotten about it. Not only had they stolen Andromeda and many other Laramie horses, but they'd also destroyed most of the ranch while they were at it.

"I'm so sorry you've come at such a bad time," Loretta says softly from beside you while her eyes scan the devastation wreaked upon her home. "At the very least let me offer you a meal and a room for the night after all you've done. You must meet my family as well, and if there's anything at all we can do for you please don't hesitate t..." but before Loretta has a chance to finish you both hear a loud creaking sound. Looking toward the remains of the stables you notice that one section of smoldering wall that hasn't completely burned yet is starting to fall - right onto a stray Ponyta who has wandered in too close to the burning ruins...
Shadow took in all that lay before him and still found it rather unbelievable that he could be surprised. The situation had become clear, now, that this extended beyond petty robbery and kidnapping. There seemed to be a whole history of grudges at work here, plaguing the ranch behind the scenes with disaster after disaster. It only affirmed Shadow's resolve to help Loretta in any way he could.

At the creaking sound Shadow paused sharply, turning his head at the devastated stables and noticing the stray Ponyta, as well as its imminent injury -- unless, of course, he did something about it. His hands reached for the Ghost Ball and Love Ball around his belt...

"Grim, Mango, battle stations!" he hollered, releasing the Dusknoir in a burst of ghostly wind. "Grim, use Disable to hold the wall so we can get that Ponyta out of the way! Mango, help to put out the fires with Water Gun!"
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 11:32 AM   #209
TurtleKing
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5
Re: The Twilight Realm

Hiro sighed, scratching his head as he and several other trainers stepped off a boat that had finally reached the Elyra Port, located in the Elyra Field. It was a long trip here, but on the way, Hiro had rested along with his Pokemon Grove (Treecko), Tyler (Surskit), and Sandy (Phanpy). The only Pokemon out at this current time was Grove, who was more of a bestfriend to Hiro than his other Pokemon. Hiro and Grove slowly walked down the ramp before walking onto the dock.

"Alright, we're finally in the Elyra Port. From here, we want to get to the Empyrean Mountain." Hiro looked around and noticed the other trainers walking past him. Would anyone offer any help? He asked around, "Does anyone know where the Empyrean Mountain is?"

Grove stood, arms folded as he too looked around, silent though. It simply uttered its name as a sign of showing interest in locating said mountain as well.
__________________
FB Profile
TurtleKing is offline  
Old 02-24-2008, 01:07 PM   #210
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Lee's group - Update #15

Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

Mystical Woodland


Sylar: Repost of your last update

Content with how the battle was been going so far, you give Hippo further orders and watch as he charges forward, towards his opponent. The Exeggcute still seems quite taken aback by losing two of its heads, so it's nowhere near ready to counter your first attack. Just as he's about to reach the Grass type, Hippo releases a Sand-Attack from his nostrils, and that one hits right in the spot, blinding all of the remaining heads. Although its blinded, Exeggcute still releases a Psywave in its opponents general direction, but the attack misses Hippo by a few inches, so he stays safe and his Tackle lands, striking Exeggcute for good damage. Enraged by its failure to hit your Pokemon, the Grass type decides to go for a different tactical approach, and suddenly, it splits up in several copies of itself - looks like it successfully used a Double Team attack. Now you gotta handle 16 little eggs - 4 times 4, although all of them are blinded. Hippo takes his chance and charges at one group of them, Biting them - but right as he makes contact, the 4 heads vanish, being only copies of the original one.
Now, you still have 3 groups remaining facing you, 2 copies and the real one..what will you do?
The fog is getting thicker..




thed3:

You tell your strategy to your Pokemon, and after making sure that they've understood it, you climb on Tsunami's back while Shredder is getting ready to distract the guards. You give him a signal, and then he dashes forward into the clearing. The two guards immediately notice him and shout something at each other; Shredder follows up by using Double Team, creating quite a large amount of clones. Deciding that this would be a good time to start off as well, you pat Tsunami on his back, ordering him to start. He then shoots two jets of high-pressured water from his cannons, propelling him and you backwards at high speed, right into the clearing.
At the same time, the guards seem to have overcome their initial confusion, and just as you and Tsunami come speeding into the clearing, you notice some movement in the two guard towers as suddenly, two Pokemon jump down from the towers - a pair of Weavile. The two guards shout something from the towers, and the Weavile take on a fighting stance, facing you on Tsunami and Shredder and his clones. One of the Weaviles uses its Icy Wind attack on some of the clones, making them disappear. Meanwhile, you and your Blastoise continue on towards the two hostile Pokemon with high speed; at this rate, you're bound to crash into them. Unfortunately, they seem to be prepared - both of them start charging up an Ice Beam attack, ready to fire it at you..however, Shredder intervenes at the last second by firing a Shadow Ball at the two Weaviles - noticing the incoming attack, they are forced to jump out of the way at the same second they fire their Ice Beams. Luckily, the attacks fail to hit you and Tsunami directly, however they do hit the ground directly in front of you, freezing it and making it quite slippery. This causes Tsunami to take a slightly different course than intended - namely, straight into the right-handed guard tower. You only notice at the last second that you're going to crash into it and realise it's too late to alarm Tsunami. You close your eyes, hold on tight to your Pokemon and hope for the best as the two of you crash into the tower, effectively destroying two of the wooden "legs" it's standing on - which of course causes the whole tower to collapse. You fall down from Tsunami's back and see the leftovers of the tower crashing down towards you. You begin to think that this is it for you, however Tsunami has reacted quickly, grabbing you by your shirt and getting the two of you the heck out of there.
On the other guard tower, the guard positioned there screams in horror as sees the tower his fellow guardsman was on collapse. He gives some more orders to the Weaviles, and one of them jumps near the whole bunch of Shredder's clones and fires out multiple bolts of Dark energy in all directions - the Dark Pulse attack effectively eradicates all of Shredder's clones, however the original himself managed to evade the attack by using Detect.
Meanwhile, you and Tsunami slowly get up again, standing beside the rubble of the destroyed guard tower, just in time to notice the other Weave running towards your Blastoise with its claws extended. Looks like you couldn't get through here as smoothly as you hoped - what will you do?




Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xuande: Remember to post your signature from now on, please. And don't worry about your post being too short, my update wasn't that long either ;p There's only so much you can write about a battle.

You give your orders to Mankey, hoping that it'll be capable of defeating Ekans despite this being its first battle. The snake-like Pokemon stares angrily at Mankey and is about to leap forward when your Pokemon executes its Leer attack, staring down Ekans and stopping it dead in its tracks. Mankey uses this chance to speed towards its opponent, its fist enveloped in fire - and punches Ekans straight in its face, doing some good damage with Fire Punch and sending the snake flying a good distance. Ekans recovers pretty quickly though and is prepared to strike back - it fires several small needles at Mankey, which strike it for rather minor damage. Looks like, however, this attack isn't called Poison Sting for nothing as your Pokemon suddenly winches and kneels down in pain - this attack managed to poison it. Ekans sees this as another chance and leaps towards Mankey, about to strike it with a Slam attack - but the Fighting type, despite being poisoned, notices the incoming attack and deftly manages to dodge the attack by quickly ducking away under Ekans' tail. Mankey doesn't waste any time and follows up with its counter attack, Scratching away at the Poison type for some damage.
This first round of the battle went rather well for you - Mankey managed to inflict some good damage on its opponent and didn't use all that much energy. However, it is poisoned which could become a problem should the battle take too long. Now, what will you do next?




zami: I think you got it wrong, the boy is called Tyro, while his Gabite is called Rex ;p It's no biggie though.

You can tell by the expression on Tyro's face that he's obviously glad that you agreed to go with him. "Wow, that's good news, thank you Catherine! You hear that, Rex? We got ourselves some companions!"
The Gabite nods at this, throwing your Dragonair a satisfied look. Tyro then goes on talking.
"Alright now, here's the situation..pretty far to the north of here, there's this mountain range, and somewhere among it, there's rumored to be a place where the strongest Dragon Pokemon in this world live - can you imagine that?" It's pretty clear that Tyro is very enthusiastic about this topic. "That must be the coolest place ever..like a Dragon village where they live all secluded by themselves, or a big cave with a ceiling so high that you can't see the top of it where they all fly around, or a whole valley where.." He goes on like this for several minutes, until Rex, his Gabite, gently nudges him, muttering "Ga Ga.." with a slightly annoyed look on its face.
"Oh, right, sorry, I got a bit carried away there..well, since you got a Dragonair, I figured you'd be interested in accompanying me on this trip. Also, it'll probably get kinda dangerous at some point, so I'll need you to..eh, I mean, I'll protect you should the situation demand it, ahem!" Tyro says, smiling nervously. "By the way, I only got one Pokemon with me beside Rex, namely my Vibrava." he says, pointing to a Poke Ball attached to his belt. "How about you, what partners do you have with you?"
"Oh, and..well, what do you say - do you still wanna go with me? I'd understand it if you say no, but yeah..it's totally up to you." he says, smiling weakly.
What is your answer?
Lee-san is offline  
Old 02-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #211
zami
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Re: Lee's group - Update #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
zami: I think you got it wrong, the boy is called Tyro, while his Gabite is called Rex ;p It's no biggie though.

You can tell by the expression on Tyro's face that he's obviously glad that you agreed to go with him. "Wow, that's good news, thank you Catherine! You hear that, Rex? We got ourselves some companions!"
The Gabite nods at this, throwing your Dragonair a satisfied look. Tyro then goes on talking.
"Alright now, here's the situation..pretty far to the north of here, there's this mountain range, and somewhere among it, there's rumored to be a place where the strongest Dragon Pokemon in this world live - can you imagine that?" It's pretty clear that Tyro is very enthusiastic about this topic. "That must be the coolest place ever..like a Dragon village where they live all secluded by themselves, or a big cave with a ceiling so high that you can't see the top of it where they all fly around, or a whole valley where.." He goes on like this for several minutes, until Rex, his Gabite, gently nudges him, muttering "Ga Ga.." with a slightly annoyed look on its face.
"Oh, right, sorry, I got a bit carried away there..well, since you got a Dragonair, I figured you'd be interested in accompanying me on this trip. Also, it'll probably get kinda dangerous at some point, so I'll need you to..eh, I mean, I'll protect you should the situation demand it, ahem!" Tyro says, smiling nervously. "By the way, I only got one Pokemon with me beside Rex, namely my Vibrava." he says, pointing to a Poke Ball attached to his belt. "How about you, what partners do you have with you?"
"Oh, and..well, what do you say - do you still wanna go with me? I'd understand it if you say no, but yeah..it's totally up to you." he says, smiling weakly.
What is your answer?
After hearing what Tyro had to say Catherine felt a rush of exciment come over her. Traveling to a place that was supose to have the strongest dragon pokemon sounded very cool since dragon pokemon were her favorite type of pokemon. Of course it would be a bit hard traveling with someone with just two pokemon but she had several strong ones that could make up for that and any way if she did not accept there was very little chance that she would be able to go to this desination. It did not take to long for Catherine to make up her final decisions.

"Tyro, I would really enjoy going on this adventure with you. You see dragons are my favorite type of pokemon I have four of them in total counting Dragonair. The others are a Salamence, Vibrava, and Altaria," Catherine told him with a smile on her face. "I got several other pokemon as well but we can talk about them another time," she added.

"Dra, Dra," Ayra comented, agreeing with her trainer.

"So anything else I need to know," Catherine asked before quickly adding. "I am ready to leave when ever you want."
__________________
[center:38imtg0o]Fizzy Bubbles Team
Arya Lv 40 (F) Rage Lv 100 (M) Riolu Lv 1 (M)
Sumer Lv 40 (M) Majesty Lv 40 (F)

PC
Ledy Lv 100 (M) Shimmer Lv 100 (F) Shine Lv 100 (M) Saphira Lv 35 (F)
Angel Lv 53 (F) Buneary Lv 1 (M) Lapras Lv 40 (F) Vasukia Lv 35 (F)
Athrun Lv 100 (M) Eevee Lv 1 (F) Nidorino Lv 34 (M)[/center:38imtg0o]
zami is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #212
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,163
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Lee's group - Update #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xuande: Remember to post your signature from now on, please. And don't worry about your post being too short, my update wasn't that long either ;p There's only so much you can write about a battle.

You give your orders to Mankey, hoping that it'll be capable of defeating Ekans despite this being its first battle. The snake-like Pokemon stares angrily at Mankey and is about to leap forward when your Pokemon executes its Leer attack, staring down Ekans and stopping it dead in its tracks. Mankey uses this chance to speed towards its opponent, its fist enveloped in fire - and punches Ekans straight in its face, doing some good damage with Fire Punch and sending the snake flying a good distance. Ekans recovers pretty quickly though and is prepared to strike back - it fires several small needles at Mankey, which strike it for rather minor damage. Looks like, however, this attack isn't called Poison Sting for nothing as your Pokemon suddenly winches and kneels down in pain - this attack managed to poison it. Ekans sees this as another chance and leaps towards Mankey, about to strike it with a Slam attack - but the Fighting type, despite being poisoned, notices the incoming attack and deftly manages to dodge the attack by quickly ducking away under Ekans' tail. Mankey doesn't waste any time and follows up with its counter attack, Scratching away at the Poison type for some damage.
This first round of the battle went rather well for you - Mankey managed to inflict some good damage on its opponent and didn't use all that much energy. However, it is poisoned which could become a problem should the battle take too long. Now, what will you do next?
OoC: Here are some posts that will give you a sense of what my most recent concepts of Cyrus are like and particularly what his Mankey is like. These will prove useful to you if you have an interest in helping me bring the characters to life as I have (attempted to) portray them, i.e. if you would like to show Mankey being violent but aren't sure how far I would allow you to take it. If nothing else, be sure to read Post #4: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

"Mankey!" Cyrus cried out as the fierce primate winced in pain from Ekans' Poison Sting attack. The battle had barely begun and already Mankey was suffering from the effects of Ekans' venom. Mankey had managed to get off a second attack, but Cyrus knew that time was of the essence here. He and Mankey needed to defeat Ekans -- and fast. If it became a war of attrition, the snake would surely win.

"Mankey! Try to use your Karate Chop we've been practicing!" Cyrus thought quickly -- "Aim for Ekans' head! If he dodges, grab onto his long body and use your Seismic Toss! If he stays put and tries to bite you, use your Revenge attack!" Cyrus was counting on this plan to work. Whether Ekans decided to avoid the Karate Chop and leave an opening in its defense or whether it decided to hunker down, take the Karate Chop, retaliate, and then get pummeled by a Revenge attack, it was going to get pulverized either way. Or so Cyrus feared -- for his hope was simply to defeat the Ekans, not destroy it. Anxiety gnawed at Cyrus as he began to wonder -- had Revenge been too strong an attack to ask Mankey to use? And should he really have asked the primate to aim for the head? With a karate chop? It seemed like the logical choice if Cyrus wanted to win -- and indeed, Cyrus wanted to win not only for his sake but for the poisoned primate's -- yet it didn't seem so appetizing when he considered the ways in which it could go wrong.

All this flashed through Cyrus's mind in a split-second. In that split-second, Mankey had processed Cyrus's orders. How would he react? Would he be able to fight off Ekans? Or did the purple snake have other plans?
Talon87 is offline  
Old 03-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #213
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

S_M: With the giant Ariados little more than a popsicle slowly thawing in the morning sun, you look up into the tree to see how Persian is doing when the boy and his father catch your attention. Though in a rather foul mood to see the little brat has obviously lied through his teeth to his father, you do your best to control yourself and reply in a civil manner even though the father isn't extending the same courtesy. Upon hearing your explanation and seeing for himself that a bird is indeed holding a berry in its beak while feeding it to his rather sickly looking feline, the man's expression turns from one of anger to apology/embarrassment, and back to anger again, only this time he's angry with his son.

"Is this true?!" he yells at the boy, his rhetorical question causing the kid to back up a few steps in the face of his father's rage. "You tell me some trainer is trying to hurt Lila, and all along he's saving her!"

The boy looks down at his feet and begins to twirl the tip of his shoe in the grass, too afraid to say anything in response for fear of getting into even more trouble. The father isn't about to let him get away with the silent treatment however, and becomes even angrier. "Apologise at once!" he rages, standing over the boy until he eventually looks up at you and with a meek little "Sorry", turns around and runs off into Elyra Field.

Allowing the father a few moments to settle down, you turn your attention back to Swellow and Persian. Persian has now finished off the berry and is looking a little healthier than she had a few minutes ago, but there is an unmistakable expression of pain in her eyes and you can only hope there's nothing more seriously wrong than the aftereffects of the poison. Swellow is nibbling away at the sticky string tying the cat to the tree branch, and a moment later she lets out a triumphant, "Caw!" before flying down to you. It appears she's succeeded in releasing Persian from its bindings, but that hasn't changed the fact that something is still seriously wrong as the cat still isn't making any move to climb down from the tree.

"You've done more than enough already, let me take care of this" says a calm voice from behind you. Spinning around, you watch while the boy's father removes a Pokeball from his pocket and releases a Pokémon you've never seen before. In fact, it looks more like a large purple balloon than a living creature. After the father ties a rope to Drifblim it floats up into the air, rising closer and closer to the branch Persian is laying on, and a moment later you watch while it extends ribbon like arms over to the cat and helps her to move on top of it. Once Persian is laying safely on top of Drifblim's head, the boy's father pulls on the rope to bring Drifblim slowly and steadily back to the ground which is when you see just what kind of state Persian is in.

Not sure how this has happened, you can only stare at the rib protruding from the feline's body, and at the back leg which is quite obviously broken and is hanging limply at a rather frighteningly unnatural angle. Her breathing is shallow and while you're wondering what Ariados had done to cause this kind of damage it takes you a moment to realise the father isn't even looking at the injured cat. Curious, you see him bending over the frozen Ariados before he takes a fishing knife from his pocket and stabs at a section of ice until a part of Ariados is exposed. Next he takes a syringe from his pocket and stabs it into the unconscious spider before drawing some liquid out of its body and into a tube attached to the end of the syringe. Completely clueless as to what it is he's doing, let alone why he's carrying a syringe of all things on his person, you watch while he caps the bottle containing the liquid drawn from Ariados and stands up. Walking over to you, the father hands the vial to you.

"Use it sparingly," he says simply. "This isn't easy stuff to get hold of and will protect you from becoming poisoned if you happen to come across any more of these monstrosities. For some reason we can't explain the serum doesn't work on Pokémon, but it will protect humans. These freaks of nature have been coming out of the forest in recent months and their toxins have been discovered to kill a human within two minutes of infection. Make sure to carry a water bottle on you at all times with a little of this serum mixed into it. You have about three days' worth of serum in that vial and if you're careful may be able to stretch it to four."

Turning his attention back to his Pokémon, the man gently strokes Persian's head. "Don't fret, Lila" he croons. "We'll have you back to your old self in no time."

Turning back to you he smiles, an expression far more pleasant than the mask of anger he'd worn upon first meeting you only a few minutes ago. "Take care son, and if you're ever in need of assistance just remember that I owe you one. The name is John, and you'll always be able to find me at the Royal Oak in Atrea."

John then lays his hand gently upon Persian to keep the cat steady on Drifblim's head before slowly leading the balloon Pokémon off into Elyra Field, toward Atrea City...



Shadowshocker: Though you're unsure of the history between the Laramie family and the men in black, small pieces of a puzzle much larger than you can comprehend are falling into place. Whatever the reason for the attacks and thefts against the Laramie's, you know deep down that they don't deserve the kind of trauma being inflicted upon them which only strengthens your resolve to help Loretta in any way you can. Of immediate concern are the small fires still dotting the land, and of even more immediate concern is the little Ponyta about to be squished by the burning stable wall. As the wall loses its battle to stay standing, it gives in with one loud, creaky groan of protest as it finally collapses, keeling over straight toward the inquisitive little Ponyta who had strayed too close to the smoldering ruins. Thankfully you're quick to notice the danger and with reflexes like lightning have Grim on the scene before anyone else has a chance to think, let alone react. Dusknoir bursts out of his ball, a bright ray of energy already shooting across the grounds before he's even fully formed. With the combination of both Grim's quick reflexes and yours, the energy Grim has created hits the wall and stops it dead just inches from Ponyta's head as screams fill the air. Grim's alternative use of Disable has bought just enough time for a man near the stable ruins to get in underneath the wall which is now hovering mid-air, and to take hold of the frightened pony and lead it out to safety. As soon as they're clear Grim lets the wall drop to the ground where it proceeds to burn into ashes.

Releasing Mango next, she doesn't even need to await your instructions in order to know what to do. The smoke, flames and wreckage are enough incentive for her to leap into action, racing off to the nearest fire and spurting a Water Gun over it before moving on to the next, and then the next. While she's busy fighting the fires you look down at Loretta who you hadn't even noticed had been watching you the entire time with a expression of quizzical admiration. You have the distinct impression that you've won her respect for life, though the curious glint in her eye makes it seem like she's wondering where on earth her saviour had come from in her time of need - almost like you're an unexpected miracle. Whatever it is she's thinking, you're pretty certain she's not going to turn down your offer of help now which lifts some weight from your mind. At that moment, the man who had rescued Ponyta appears on the scene with the little fire pony trotting alongside him. Loretta immediately wraps her arms around Ponyta who seems to be enjoying the attention before she looks up at the man who had brought it over.

"Daddy, this is..." and then she stops, only just realising that she doesn't even know your name. "...our guardian angel," Loretta continues, smiling up at you. "He helped me battle the dark men and then he helped buy enough time for you to rescue Kindle before he...." choking up with emotion Loretta is unable to finish speaking, but the admiration in her eyes says more than words ever will. Her father seems to notice this too and looks you up and down a little more closely. His daughter isn't one to be easily charmed or swayed by any man, and you'd done just that in less than ten minutes.

"It seems like we have a lot to thank you for," he says, extending his hand to shake yours. His tone is friendly, but you can tell he's trying to hide his caution. You are, after all, a total stranger, and happened to turn up on the scene at just the right moment so it's only natural that he's a little suspicious especially when you seem to have won his daughter's admiration so quickly. "I'm James. James Laramie, but my friends call me Jim." Nodding toward Mango who is still racing around helping to put the fires out, James adds, "She must be yours, I didn't think I recognised her." Watching her for a moment, James turns back to you. "I'd better get back to it before the smoldering wood flares up and starts burning again. Stick around boy, I know the missus will want to be cooking you up a big thank you feast." With that, James leaves Ponyta with you and Loretta while he returns to attend to what's left of his ranch.

"I have a favour to ask," Loretta then says quietly, albeit a little hesitantly. "That is if you're interested..."
enchantress is offline  
Old 03-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #214
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Though you're unsure of the history between the Laramie family and the men in black, small pieces of a puzzle much larger than you can comprehend are falling into place. Whatever the reason for the attacks and thefts against the Laramie's, you know deep down that they don't deserve the kind of trauma being inflicted upon them which only strengthens your resolve to help Loretta in any way you can. Of immediate concern are the small fires still dotting the land, and of even more immediate concern is the little Ponyta about to be squished by the burning stable wall. As the wall loses its battle to stay standing, it gives in with one loud, creaky groan of protest as it finally collapses, keeling over straight toward the inquisitive little Ponyta who had strayed too close to the smoldering ruins. Thankfully you're quick to notice the danger and with reflexes like lightning have Grim on the scene before anyone else has a chance to think, let alone react. Dusknoir bursts out of his ball, a bright ray of energy already shooting across the grounds before he's even fully formed. With the combination of both Grim's quick reflexes and yours, the energy Grim has created hits the wall and stops it dead just inches from Ponyta's head as screams fill the air. Grim's alternative use of Disable has bought just enough time for a man near the stable ruins to get in underneath the wall which is now hovering mid-air, and to take hold of the frightened pony and lead it out to safety. As soon as they're clear Grim lets the wall drop to the ground where it proceeds to burn into ashes.

Releasing Mango next, she doesn't even need to await your instructions in order to know what to do. The smoke, flames and wreckage are enough incentive for her to leap into action, racing off to the nearest fire and spurting a Water Gun over it before moving on to the next, and then the next. While she's busy fighting the fires you look down at Loretta who you hadn't even noticed had been watching you the entire time with a expression of quizzical admiration. You have the distinct impression that you've won her respect for life, though the curious glint in her eye makes it seem like she's wondering where on earth her saviour had come from in her time of need - almost like you're an unexpected miracle. Whatever it is she's thinking, you're pretty certain she's not going to turn down your offer of help now which lifts some weight from your mind. At that moment, the man who had rescued Ponyta appears on the scene with the little fire pony trotting alongside him. Loretta immediately wraps her arms around Ponyta who seems to be enjoying the attention before she looks up at the man who had brought it over.

"Daddy, this is..." and then she stops, only just realising that she doesn't even know your name. "...our guardian angel," Loretta continues, smiling up at you. "He helped me battle the dark men and then he helped buy enough time for you to rescue Kindle before he...." choking up with emotion Loretta is unable to finish speaking, but the admiration in her eyes says more than words ever will. Her father seems to notice this too and looks you up and down a little more closely. His daughter isn't one to be easily charmed or swayed by any man, and you'd done just that in less than ten minutes.

"It seems like we have a lot to thank you for," he says, extending his hand to shake yours. His tone is friendly, but you can tell he's trying to hide his caution. You are, after all, a total stranger, and happened to turn up on the scene at just the right moment so it's only natural that he's a little suspicious especially when you seem to have won his daughter's admiration so quickly. "I'm James. James Laramie, but my friends call me Jim." Nodding toward Mango who is still racing around helping to put the fires out, James adds, "She must be yours, I didn't think I recognised her." Watching her for a moment, James turns back to you. "I'd better get back to it before the smoldering wood flares up and starts burning again. Stick around boy, I know the missus will want to be cooking you up a big thank you feast." With that, James leaves Ponyta with you and Loretta while he returns to attend to what's left of his ranch.

"I have a favour to ask," Loretta then says quietly, albeit a little hesitantly. "That is if you're interested..."
Shadow noted the new developments with a mixture of relief and apprehension. Already his soldier senses were buzzing in preparation for further challenges that were to come, and the caution he had observed in James affirmed this. Admittedly, the adolescent scientist certainly looked very out of place amongst the ranchpeople, and James' wariness wasn't a surprise. Careful procedure, thought Shadow, took even higher priority from now on, as he prepared to answer Loretta's query...

"If it's anything to help out, I'll be glad to assist to the best of my ability," said the young labtech. "Though, if you don't mind, you can call me Shadow. Calling me 'guardian angel' sounds a bit much..." A slight blush tinged his cheeks as he said this.
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #215
Slick Rick
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Re: The Twilight Realm

Ace stumbled off the boat among the crowd of other people exiting the boat, stretches and gives a big yawn.

"Staryu, come on out. You've been couped up long enough."

Drawing Staryu's Pokeball, he releases the starfish-pokemon on the ground next to him in a flash of light. With a loud "byahh", Staryu greets his trainer.

"Well buddy, we're here. The Elyra Port. This is where the journey begins," Ace states to his Pokemon.

"Byaah?" replied Staryu.

"Where are we going? WHERE ARE WE GOING?! I'll tell you where we're going! We're going...THERE!" Ace exclaims.

Pointing off into the distance of the port, Ace marches off with Staryu behind him with both obviously having no idea where they are going and what's ahead.
__________________
[center:3boljzb6]Fizzy Bubbles Team

Staryu: Lv. 13 Sandshrew: Lv. 11 Hoothoot: Lv. 3
Bagon: Lv. 1 Grimer: Lv. 1 Cacnea: Lv. 1
Fizzy Bubbles Info
Registration[/center:3boljzb6]
Slick Rick is offline  
Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #216
Stark
Rainbow Badge
 
Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 746
Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon
Minty: Shaking your head as the buneary disperse a brilliant idea hits you. You have Blitz Odor Sleuth Jeff in an attempt to catch the scent of the buneary with the ring. At first Blitz looks a little perplexed with your strategy, but soon follows your request and within a few moments his head raises and turns from side to side until he finally catches a scent. With look that seems to say 'I've got it', Blitz runs off after one of the groups of buneary. You and Jeff quickly chase after the manectric.

The buneary begin splitting off into more groups, but Blitz continues his pursuit of the little ring thief, no longer confused about which one of the little rabbits is the bandit. Buneary scowls as he finds himself running out of options. It seems that Blitz would catch up to him soon. Buneary finally slows down and stops to face off against your Manectric, causing Blitz to slow to a stop himself while you and Jeff keep running to catch up to the speedy pokémon. In the distance you notice what looks like a man silhouetted on the horizon watching the events as you finally reach Blitz and Buneary.

The small rabbit faces off against Blitz. Apparently it has decided that the only way it will escape with its new prize is to fight its way out. Buneary spreads its arms out and turns sideways striking a fighting pose. "Buneary!" it shouts as its forward paw raises twice in a bring it on motion.
What will you do?

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon
Turtle King: You arrive amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port wondering how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travelers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favorite treats from one of the many stands on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for tidbits dropped by careless merchants and customers.

With Treecko by your side you ask if anyone can give you directions to Empyrean Mountain. At first it seems as if no one is even paying attention to you, but just as you are about to ask again, a voice calls out to you.

"Yeah sure. I can tell you where it is mister," a young kid in ratty clothes and a newboy cap says to you from behind, "course yer gonna have ta battle me first. 'less you're scared of a little kid." With a toss of the pokéball, the kid releases a Rattata as a small crowd of other raggedy looking kids begin to gather round. What will you do?
Stark is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #217
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xander: Giggling upon hearing you call her "pumpkin", the girl appears to be feeling more at ease now that she knows you're not going to be mad with her. "My name is Kayla, and I'm six years old" the girl replies, holding up five fingers to confirm her age. "Me and Bonky came here to look for something, but we didn't find it and then the dark man came." At this point Kayla's features cloud over, her little forehead creased in a frown and her eyes filling with fear as she relives the memory. "He wanted the key, but I didn't have it and he wouldn't believe me. He said if I didn't give it to him he'll feed Bonky to the Sharpedo. I told him not to and I didn't know about a key and he threw Bonky off the cliff. I tried to save Bonky but the rocks kept breaking and falling into the water and I couldn't go down and I couldn't get up again. The dark man laughed and said next time he tells me to give him the key I better give it to him and then he went away and then you came."

Watching Kayla while she tells her story, you can see that she's hiding something but are unsure as to whether or not to push the issue. As for what she means by, "The dark man," you really have no idea as to who she can be referring to, but now knowing that a person is responsible for leaving a little girl and her Pokémon to die... it's simply inconceivable. Pondering over everything Kayla has just said, you're a little concerned to see her face becoming paler and paler, but put it down to the fear she is feeling from retelling her story. That is until her little body suddenly goes completely limp and she collapses, laying unconscious on the grass. Bonky immediately leaps to his feet, patting Kayla's face and trying to wake her up, but to no avail...
Xander chuckles lightly when Kayla holds up five fingers to confirm her six years of age. He finds actions like these to be one of the most endearing qualities children have to offer and is happy to listen to the girl talk while memories of his own lost daughter come to mind. Born months before she was due she hadn't stood a chance, but he is grateful for the one moment he had been granted to hold her before she was taken away forever. If she were here today Xander can't imagine allowing any situation that could lead to her being hurt the way Kayla has been and while listening to the girl relive her ordeal his anger returns, mixed with caution when discovering that his own arrival was momentary to that of the departure of the dark man responsible for terrorising her. It's possible the emotional overload Kayla had experienced has warped her sense of time, but it's not a risk Xander is willing to take. If he did arrive moments after Kayla had been thrown off the cliff then it's reasonable to assume the man responsible is still nearby and may be watching them.

Xander can sense Kayla is keeping something from him, but isn't going to question her about it. She is far too upset and he already regrets asking her what she had been doing out here. He's prepared to wait until she feels comfortable confiding in him, but when she collapses and loses consciousness he is no longer worried about dark men and missing keys because he knows he needs to find help. Lifting Kayla into his arms Xander considers using Skarmory to fly into Atrea City, but it may be too late by the time he gets there. The lighthouse is closer and Lighthouse Keeper Lenny must have medical supplies and a radio on hand in the event of emergencies but Xander isn't going to gamble Kayla's life on a hunch. Lifting Bonky onto his shoulder Xander mounts Skarmory, holding Kayla securely. Recalling Bulbasaur, he decides Atrea is the safest option. "To Atrea City Skarmory! We need to find a hospital!"
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #218
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

Xander: With Kayla pale as a ghost, her breathing shallow, and there being no help in sight, you toss up between running for the lighthouse or making a flying dash for the city. Neither option seems practical, the lighthouse seeming an unlikely source of the medical attention she'll require while Atrea City is just too far away. Knowing something has to be done you decide upon the safest course of action for Kayla and are in the air moments later, heading straight into Atrea in search of a hospital. Skarmory is aware of the urgency of the matter and forces himself to fly faster than he ever has before, resulting in your arrival within ten minutes of departing the cliffs beside the lighthouse. Locating the hospital from the air, Skarmory comes in to land right outside the front doors after which you rush Kayla inside. A nurse immediately approaches you upon noticing the limp figure of a child in your arms, but upon looking at the girl's face turns pale.

"You.. you can't bring her in here..." the nurse says, apparently terrified. "Please leave now before..." but before the nurse has a chance to finish what she's saying the lights begin flashing before the entire hospital falls into darkness. A few seconds later electrical appliances start humming and sparking, some even exploding, while the lights begin flickering. "It's too late!" the nurse cries, turning and running along the corridor toward the front doors. "They're coming!"...




Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Seeing the blush creeping into your cheeks, Loretta realises how dramatic she must have sounded and ends up blushing herself. Quickly laughing it off to avoid any more embarrassment for either of you she gives Kindle another hug before sending him off into the ranch grounds.

"When you asked earlier about accompanying me in my search for Andromeda I was a little hesitant because I didn't like the idea of putting you in any danger, but I was being selfish. I still don't like the idea off putting you in harms way, but I've seen that you're able to handle yourself spectacularly. I don't know what I would have done without your help today. If you're still interested in coming with me then I'd like to leave as soon as possible. I can't tell father of my plans because if he even gets wind of the fact I want to go after these men alone he'll not let me out of his sight."

Falling silent for a moment Loretta watches your expression closely looking for any sign at all of you having any doubts. You're pretty certain that if you even show a hint of hesitation she'll be long gone before you even notice she's missing which means you're going to have to be very careful not only with your response, but also to not let anything slide with your facial expression.

"So what do you say? Do you still want to come with me?" she asks, awaiting your response...



Slick Rick: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you really have no idea of where you want to go and release Staryu in order to waste a bit of time.

Appearing in a bright flash of light and taking in the bustling scene around him, Staryu looks up at you quizzically. Still having no clue whatsoever of where you'd like to go or what you'd like to do, you simply point off in a random direction which causes a sweatdrop to appear on the starfish's central ruby. It shrugs in that starfish kind of way and follows you out of the port area and eventually, several minutes later, onto the sparkling sandy white stretch of Elyra's Diamond Beach. With this looking like more of a welcome scene for your watery companion, Staryu happily spins across the sand and to the edge of the water where two young children are building a sandcastle when a loud explosion in the sky causes chaos on the beach. Looking up, you watch a fireball appear which soon turns into a smoke trail as something comes careening toward the water. The whistling sound it makes as it drops from the sky is akin to an aircraft having lost complete control and people begin screaming, running away from the sand as quickly as possible. A moment later the object lands in the water approximately fifty metres from shore, but even though you're curious about what it is you're more concerned with the fact that a rather large piece of wreckage is heading straight for the beach - directly toward Staryu and the two children who are jumping up and down excitedly while pointing toward the object in the water...
enchantress is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:17 AM   #219
Slick Rick
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Slick Rick: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you really have no idea of where you want to go and release Staryu in order to waste a bit of time.

Appearing in a bright flash of light and taking in the bustling scene around him, Staryu looks up at you quizzically. Still having no clue whatsoever of where you'd like to go or what you'd like to do, you simply point off in a random direction which causes a sweatdrop to appear on the starfish's central ruby. It shrugs in that starfish kind of way and follows you out of the port area and eventually, several minutes later, onto the sparkling sandy white stretch of Elyra's Diamond Beach. With this looking like more of a welcome scene for your watery companion, Staryu happily spins across the sand and to the edge of the water where two young children are building a sandcastle when a loud explosion in the sky causes chaos on the beach. Looking up, you watch a fireball appear which soon turns into a smoke trail as something comes careening toward the water. The whistling sound it makes as it drops from the sky is akin to an aircraft having lost complete control and people begin screaming, running away from the sand as quickly as possible. A moment later the object lands in the water approximately fifty metres from shore, but even though you're curious about what it is you're more concerned with the fact that a rather large piece of wreckage is heading straight for the beach - directly toward Staryu and the two children who are jumping up and down excitedly while pointing toward the object in the water...
"What the hell...?!"

Amidst the chaos, Ace stares as the large object plummets into the ocean. Nearly knocked down as people run by flailing their arms, his concentration is not broken.

"Where did that come from?"

The roaring sound of the object colliding with the waves in combination with the screams of horror of the terrified beachgoers echoes in the hot beach air. Ace snaps back into reality after being caught up in the moment and immediately realizes that Staryu is not comfortably at his side. Scanning the beach, Ace catches a glimpse of his Starfish companion along with the two children eagerly pointing at the event occuring in the ocean. Ace smiles once he spots his buddy, but it is a brief smile as it fades from his face when he catches a glimpse of the debris heading directly for them.

"Staryu! Kids! STARYU! LOOK OUT!"

Ace calls to his Pokemon but is drowned out by the roar of the panicked crowd. Taking matters into his own hands, Ace charges Staryu and the children and leaps at them hoping to pull them out of the way as the debris moves in closer and closer.
__________________
[center:3boljzb6]Fizzy Bubbles Team

Staryu: Lv. 13 Sandshrew: Lv. 11 Hoothoot: Lv. 3
Bagon: Lv. 1 Grimer: Lv. 1 Cacnea: Lv. 1
Fizzy Bubbles Info
Registration[/center:3boljzb6]
Slick Rick is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 12:15 PM   #220
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Seeing the blush creeping into your cheeks, Loretta realises how dramatic she must have sounded and ends up blushing herself. Quickly laughing it off to avoid any more embarrassment for either of you she gives Kindle another hug before sending him off into the ranch grounds.

"When you asked earlier about accompanying me in my search for Andromeda I was a little hesitant because I didn't like the idea of putting you in any danger, but I was being selfish. I still don't like the idea off putting you in harms way, but I've seen that you're able to handle yourself spectacularly. I don't know what I would have done without your help today. If you're still interested in coming with me then I'd like to leave as soon as possible. I can't tell father of my plans because if he even gets wind of the fact I want to go after these men alone he'll not let me out of his sight."

Falling silent for a moment Loretta watches your expression closely looking for any sign at all of you having any doubts. You're pretty certain that if you even show a hint of hesitation she'll be long gone before you even notice she's missing which means you're going to have to be very careful not only with your response, but also to not let anything slide with your facial expression.

"So what do you say? Do you still want to come with me?" she asks, awaiting your response...
Knowing that he had to pick his vocabulary and facial display methodology carefully, but also bearing in mind of the risks that such an endeavour would be fraught with, the scientist's brain was working faster than a Combee colony. He didn't know about Loretta, but he did know that planning was imperative. Shadow could even scarcely imagine what they might be facing -- if his worst fears were true, he might drag Loretta into a battle for their lives against a large-scale organisation. And if the two apparent henchmen had access to the disastrous technology he had witnessed, what about a whole army of them? Or their leader? Or even their headquarters itself?

Shadow heaved a sigh on the inside. He could never agree with potentially overwhelming odds, but the validity Loretta's stand was undeniable. Time was of the essence, in more ways than one. Each second that passed meant a second less likely of them leaving... and chancing Andromeda's life with her kidnappers.

"Loretta, my decision still stands. I was willing to help you save Andromeda... and the others. That hasn't changed." Meeting Loretta's gaze with a look filled with as much conviction Shadow could muster, he gave his reply. "Agreed, we need to leave as soon as possible. But we can't charge into this; it'd be potential suicide if we did. We'll need leads and plans on how to go about this rescue mission... or we might end up the ones needing rescue. I can't say I know more about these villains than you do, but I can tell they won't be easy meat."

"So we'll make for the road once you can find us an opening... but, as I've said, we'll have to get ourselves a solid plan. And supplies, if necessary." Tensing for a bit and a breath, Shadow continued. "Loretta, I know how much all this means to you. And I want to save Andromeda as much as you do. Even so much more since you risked her to save me. But resilience can only get us so far... I can't guarantee our safety if we have to constantly gamble with rash decisions, even before we set out." He winced slightly at the last sentence; it had to be said out, for both their sakes, but this didn't make it any less painful.

"I'm more than willing to join you, Loretta. I've never considered otherwise," he said quietly. "But I can only help you as much as you'll let me, Loretta. If you'll have me as your partner... is it alright that I ask that we proceed in logic and tact? That we keep our anger only for the battle?"

He extended his right hand as an invitation of a handshake, and hoped dearly that he didn't sound like he was doubting her. But what would Loretta think; even he couldn't say...
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 04-11-2008, 01:13 AM   #221
Stark
Rainbow Badge
 
Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 746
Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Port - Please reply in lemonchiffon
Altocharizard: Adventure is calling. Or so you hope. Your thoughts of finding a way to the Dark Realm suddenly disappearing as a tree in the wrong place at the wrong time stops your advance. With a sense of anger mixed with frustration at having done something as foolish as running into a tree you decide to take a quick break and release your formidable assortment of pokémon companions. Each one showing a sign of happiness with their release. With your team assembled you go over your plan with them so that they understand your motives. The visual aid of a map only adding to the understanding. With your plan in place you head off to the starting point for so many travelers of this land... Elyra Port.

Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travelers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favorite treats from one of the many stands on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for tidbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, your interest lays elsewhere.

You make your way along the docks, only to find that while yourself, Inferno, Aero, and Mystic seem to be having little difficulty navigating through the crowds, however, your larger non-flying pokémon seem to be having far more trouble getting through them. Shouts of terror and anger assault you and your pokémon for being so brazen as to think you could just waltz through while everyone else has to go out of their way to let you pass. Soon the crowd parts ahead of you to reveal a lone young man in his twenties with spikey blond hair wearing a red, white, and black windbreaker, black pants, and sunglasses with oval shaped lenses. You pause for a moment wondering what is going on when finally the young man tilts his glasses forward on his nose and tilts his head down to get a good look at you.

"You've got some nerve," he says quietly, "You should know better than to let pokémon of that size run loose on a crowded street. Unless your intention is to cause havoc and general chaos, in which case I'm afraid it ends here. You can count on it."

The man pulls a pokéball off from his belt and holds it at a ready position while you hear a few members of the crowd begin to chant "Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight." Looking around at the suddenly assembled mob your eyes can't help but notice a pair of what looks like teenagers in matching outfits standing near a door in the alley next to you. What they are doing you can't quite make out, but the small explosion of a flash of light and the subsequent smoke wafting into the air from the door tell you they probably didn't use a key to get into the building, which in turn probably means that they are not supposed to be there.

Unfortunately, with a potential confrontation ahead of you and battle thirsty crowd gathering around you, finding out what the mysterious breaking and entering duo are up to might be a little more difficult than it's worth. Then again maybe it's none of your business and a few words could dissolve the situation rather quickly or maybe fleeing the scene would be the wiser choice. What will you do?
Stark is offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 10:51 AM   #222
Altocharizard55
The Scientist
 
Altocharizard55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Republican Capitol of America
Posts: 1,199
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark
Elyra Port - Please reply in lemonchiffon
Altocharizard: Adventure is calling. Or so you hope. Your thoughts of finding a way to the Dark Realm suddenly disappearing as a tree in the wrong place at the wrong time stops your advance. With a sense of anger mixed with frustration at having done something as foolish as running into a tree you decide to take a quick break and release your formidable assortment of pokémon companions. Each one showing a sign of happiness with their release. With your team assembled you go over your plan with them so that they understand your motives. The visual aid of a map only adding to the understanding. With your plan in place you head off to the starting point for so many travelers of this land... Elyra Port.

Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travelers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favorite treats from one of the many stands on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for tidbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, your interest lays elsewhere.

You make your way along the docks, only to find that while yourself, Inferno, Aero, and Mystic seem to be having little difficulty navigating through the crowds, however, your larger non-flying pokémon seem to be having far more trouble getting through them. Shouts of terror and anger assault you and your pokémon for being so brazen as to think you could just waltz through while everyone else has to go out of their way to let you pass. Soon the crowd parts ahead of you to reveal a lone young man in his twenties with spikey blond hair wearing a red, white, and black windbreaker, black pants, and sunglasses with oval shaped lenses. You pause for a moment wondering what is going on when finally the young man tilts his glasses forward on his nose and tilts his head down to get a good look at you.

"You've got some nerve," he says quietly, "You should know better than to let pokémon of that size run loose on a crowded street. Unless your intention is to cause havoc and general chaos, in which case I'm afraid it ends here. You can count on it."

The man pulls a pokéball off from his belt and holds it at a ready position while you hear a few members of the crowd begin to chant "Fight. Fight. Fight. Fight." Looking around at the suddenly assembled mob your eyes can't help but notice a pair of what looks like teenagers in matching outfits standing near a door in the alley next to you. What they are doing you can't quite make out, but the small explosion of a flash of light and the subsequent smoke wafting into the air from the door tell you they probably didn't use a key to get into the building, which in turn probably means that they are not supposed to be there.

Unfortunately, with a potential confrontation ahead of you and battle thirsty crowd gathering around you, finding out what the mysterious breaking and entering duo are up to might be a little more difficult than it's worth. Then again maybe it's none of your business and a few words could dissolve the situation rather quickly or maybe fleeing the scene would be the wiser choice. What will you do?
Alto thinks to himself for a moment, considering his options. For starters, the people going into that building looked extremely suspicious. However, there wasn't an easy way to get to them. If he fleed the scene, the crowd would likely follow him into the building and cause a ruckus. He also doubted that he could somehow talk the crowd into dispersing without getting to see a battle, regardless of his own innocence.
"Guess there's no other choice." he mumbles to himself, as he recalls all of his pokemon other than Inferno, his Charizard."I accept your challenge, on one condition. If I win, you must let me leave without any fights." Alto states bravely. despite the angry mob around him. He looks at the crowd a bit longer, and hopes that things will turn out in his favor, so he can find out what those teens were up to.


OOC: Just to let you know, I no longer have a Steelix, as I traded it back to Edward.
__________________


PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline  
Old 04-18-2008, 08:29 AM   #223
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Lee's group - Update #16

Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

Mystical Woodland


Sylar: Repost of your last update

Content with how the battle was been going so far, you give Hippo further orders and watch as he charges forward, towards his opponent. The Exeggcute still seems quite taken aback by losing two of its heads, so it's nowhere near ready to counter your first attack. Just as he's about to reach the Grass type, Hippo releases a Sand-Attack from his nostrils, and that one hits right in the spot, blinding all of the remaining heads. Although its blinded, Exeggcute still releases a Psywave in its opponents general direction, but the attack misses Hippo by a few inches, so he stays safe and his Tackle lands, striking Exeggcute for good damage. Enraged by its failure to hit your Pokemon, the Grass type decides to go for a different tactical approach, and suddenly, it splits up in several copies of itself - looks like it successfully used a Double Team attack. Now you gotta handle 16 little eggs - 4 times 4, although all of them are blinded. Hippo takes his chance and charges at one group of them, Biting them - but right as he makes contact, the 4 heads vanish, being only copies of the original one.
Now, you still have 3 groups remaining facing you, 2 copies and the real one..what will you do?
The fog is getting thicker..




thed3: Repost of your last update

You tell your strategy to your Pokemon, and after making sure that they've understood it, you climb on Tsunami's back while Shredder is getting ready to distract the guards. You give him a signal, and then he dashes forward into the clearing. The two guards immediately notice him and shout something at each other; Shredder follows up by using Double Team, creating quite a large amount of clones. Deciding that this would be a good time to start off as well, you pat Tsunami on his back, ordering him to start. He then shoots two jets of high-pressured water from his cannons, propelling him and you backwards at high speed, right into the clearing.
At the same time, the guards seem to have overcome their initial confusion, and just as you and Tsunami come speeding into the clearing, you notice some movement in the two guard towers as suddenly, two Pokemon jump down from the towers - a pair of Weavile. The two guards shout something from the towers, and the Weavile take on a fighting stance, facing you on Tsunami and Shredder and his clones. One of the Weaviles uses its Icy Wind attack on some of the clones, making them disappear. Meanwhile, you and your Blastoise continue on towards the two hostile Pokemon with high speed; at this rate, you're bound to crash into them. Unfortunately, they seem to be prepared - both of them start charging up an Ice Beam attack, ready to fire it at you..however, Shredder intervenes at the last second by firing a Shadow Ball at the two Weaviles - noticing the incoming attack, they are forced to jump out of the way at the same second they fire their Ice Beams. Luckily, the attacks fail to hit you and Tsunami directly, however they do hit the ground directly in front of you, freezing it and making it quite slippery. This causes Tsunami to take a slightly different course than intended - namely, straight into the right-handed guard tower. You only notice at the last second that you're going to crash into it and realise it's too late to alarm Tsunami. You close your eyes, hold on tight to your Pokemon and hope for the best as the two of you crash into the tower, effectively destroying two of the wooden "legs" it's standing on - which of course causes the whole tower to collapse. You fall down from Tsunami's back and see the leftovers of the tower crashing down towards you. You begin to think that this is it for you, however Tsunami has reacted quickly, grabbing you by your shirt and getting the two of you the heck out of there.
On the other guard tower, the guard positioned there screams in horror as sees the tower his fellow guardsman was on collapse. He gives some more orders to the Weaviles, and one of them jumps near the whole bunch of Shredder's clones and fires out multiple bolts of Dark energy in all directions - the Dark Pulse attack effectively eradicates all of Shredder's clones, however the original himself managed to evade the attack by using Detect.
Meanwhile, you and Tsunami slowly get up again, standing beside the rubble of the destroyed guard tower, just in time to notice the other Weave running towards your Blastoise with its claws extended. Looks like you couldn't get through here as smoothly as you hoped - what will you do?




Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xuande:

You give your next orders to Mankey, all the while hoping that he won't inflict too much damage on his opponent so that Ekans won't be severely hurt. The snake Pokemon doesn't care that much for your kind thoughts however as it quickly fires its dangerous Acid attack in Mankey's direction. Your Pokemon, already busy preparing his next attack, can't dodge fast enough and suffers the full consequences from the attack. The Acid burns a hole in Mankey's hide and burns the flesh underneath, causing the Fighting Type to cry out in pain. However, this also enfuriates him even more, causing him to rush at Ekans head-on and slamming his fist straight at the snake's head, Karate Chopping it for some good damage.
Ekans also cries out in pain, but quickly recovers from the hit. It then proceeds to look fiercely in Mankey's eyes, hoping that its Glare will frighten and possibly paralyze its opponent. However, that wasn't exactly the smartest move it seems..Mankeys in general and yours in particular don't like it when their opponent makes eye contact with them, as they see it as a challenge to their authority. And you get to witness the result of this first-hand, as Mankey is basically seething with rage now, his face red and his fists clenched. Ignoring any and all of your commands, your Pokemon rushes towards Ekans and, before the Poison type can react, proceeds to beat it to a pulp with several punches and kicks. Ekans is sent flying several feet by the last hit and only very slowly gets up again. It's not down yet, but doesn't look like it has much fight left in it. Your Mankey is the exact opposite, since it doesn't exactly look like it wants to stop fighting any time soon..what will you do?



zami:

As you've come to expect from him, Tyro pretty much explodes with joy upon hearing your answer.
"Woo, alright! Thanks, you're the best! Well then..no point in wasting any more time in this town, let's head out!"
And so, you follow Tyro through the rest of Elyra Port, along the colorful main road, passing more people and Pokemon along the way. After a while and more small talk with your fellow travelling companion, the two of you pass the outer town gate, and soon you find yourself standing on the outskirts of the massive Elyra Field. It's wide open plains as far as the eye can see, with several small villages, farms and forests sprinkled in between. As you follow the road leading north, you can't help but be amazed by your beautiful surroundings, be it the rolling plains, the sunshine that seems to be going on all day or the swarms of bird Pokemon you spot once in a while flying overhead. Tyro however only seems to have one thing on his mind - Dragons. The fact that you seem to possess almost every Dragon Pokemon there is seems to fascinate him to no end.
"..in addition to your Dragonair as well - wow, that's simply amazing! I've been looking all my life for Dragons and only got two - I must seem like a total beginner compared to you!..
..and an Altaria, wow, gotta love its majestic and sirene feel..although I always found it to be kind of a girly Pokemon I must admit..
..well, we both got a Vibrava, but still, if you ask me there's a fine difference between.."
This goes on and on, and before you know it, quite a bit of time has passed and the sun is slowly but surely starting to set. At a road intersection, you make a brief pause, settling down on a nearby stone with Dragonair while Tyro pulls out a map with Rex, his Gabite, standing beside him and looking over his shoulder.
"Let's see..if we started from here and passed this point at midday then we must be..aha, here!" he exclaims, waving the map around wildly. "This is perfect..hey Catherine!" he says, looking at you. "How about we have a little practice match - me and Rex versus you and your Dragonair! It'd be perfect to see each other's skills and after all, they say trainers can only really get acquainted to each other by having a friendly battle. Also, there is a Pokemon Center about 3 miles down the road, so we can heal our Pokemon and spend the night there after we're done here - perfect, eh? Well, what do you say, shall we give it a try? Of course, it's totally up to you, so if you don't want to, that's fine by me."
Lee-san is offline  
Old 04-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #224
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

With some changes taking place in the TR, Eon's group (Joshua, lilbluecorsola, and Jamil), Arnold's group (Dani and Inferno), and Joshua's group (Lee-san, Dark Fire, Dragon 11, and John's Knight), are now with me. Rather than ask any of you to restart, I've read over all of your updates and replies so as to continue with your current adventures. However, if you'd rather not continue then feel free to ignore these updates. Also, if you can please let me know via PM if you've decided to opt out of the Twilight Realm in favour of another zone I'll greatly appreciate it. In the meantime, let the updates begin! Errrmm... Continue!


Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: "You're absolutely right," Loretta replies, reaching out to accept your handshake, and with it your offer of partnership. "Behaving rashly has always been a weakness of mine, and when those I love are in danger I never think. I go with my gut instinct which has on more than one occasion gotten me into even more trouble. I promise that from here on in I'll try my best not to do anything without at least consulting with you first. I need a good kick in the bum from time to time, so it'll be beneficial to have you join me. Not only because you're clear headed and think before you act, but because you deserve to be a part of this after having already suffered at the hands of these men. You've seen what they're capable of, and are not walking into this blindly." Stopping to think for a moment, Loretta's brow creases in a frown. "Every time they've come they've always headed west when leaving, and the only place in the western region of Elyra is Incura Valley. It's possible that's where they're taking our Rapidash, and is where we'll find Andromeda, but I have no way of knowing for sure if that's the case. Perhaps if we travel toward the valley we may come across people who have seen these men, and if so they may be able to confirm a location for their base. With no more information to go off than a meer hunch, that's the only plan I can offer you. If you don't have any Pokémon who can provide you with hasty travel, I can loan you Perseus", she says, nodding toward the Rapidash whom you had been riding earlier. "He's strong, fast, and has every reason to want to see Andromeda brought home safe and sound." You have the distinct impression there's more to this last statement than Loretta is letting on, but choose not to question it for the time being. "If there's anything else you'd like to address, or to suggest before we leave, then now is the time. All I need to collect are some supplies and my own ride for the journey while you gather your Pokémon. If we play our cards right we'll be able to slip away unnoticed while everyone is busy here at the ranch, otherwise we can leave tonight. What do you say?" she asks, awaiting your response.


Slick Rick: Just as confused as everyone else upon witnessing the fireball in the sky, it takes a few moments for you to really comprehend what's going on. By the time the reality of the situation sinks in, you notice that Staryu is missing and frantically scan the beach looking for him amidst the chaos of hundreds of people fleeing from the shore. Finally spotting him on the water's edge with two children who are pointing excitedly at the object in the water, a huge wave of relief washes over you until you realise that a large piece of wrecking is not only falling toward the beach, but directly toward Staryu and the children. Calling out for them to move, your voice is drowned out by the terrified screams of the beachgoers leaving you with only one choice if you ever want to see your Starter Pokémon alive again. An adrenaline rush like nothing you've felt before takes over, and you find yourself covering the distance between them and yourself at a surprisingly fast pace. Diving for the trio just as the wreckage is about to hit, you knock all three forward and into the water only to feel a huge blast of energy barely a metre behind you as the wreckage hits. The force sends you all flying even further into the ocean, and even though Staryu is confused while trying to figure out what just hit him, and the children are screaming hysterically after being hurled into the water, at least everyone is alive. Making your way back to shore you stare at what appears to be a plane engine sitting in the sand in the exact spot that the three had been standing only seconds before, and the children, now wet, frightened, and very much over the excitement of the initial crash, run off up the beach toward a frantic looking woman who scoops them up into her arms before turning and racing as far away from the beach as she can, completely unaware of the fact that you'd just saved her childrens lives.

Still partly in shock yourself, you turn back to the water and look at the cabin of the plane which is slowly sinking into the ocean. Hoping that nobody has been injured, you watch and wait for a minute before seeing the door on the side of the plane swing open to reveal a very distressed man appear in the doorway. He's not very tall, and appears to be in his mid fifties. He also doesn't appear to be too fond of the idea of leaping into the water, but considering it's a case of sink or swim he finally opts to jump from the open hatch with a box tucked securely under one arm. Using one arm to hold the box up as high out of the water as possible, and the other to swim awkwardly toward the shore, he finally ends up dragging himself onto the sand before putting the box down and hurriedly tearing open the lid. He doesn't even appear to have noticed you as he's more concerned with the contents of his box, but upon looking inside he releases a mournful cry of dismay. "This can't be!" he wails loudly, "All of my work. All of my work, DESTROYED!"



DANI: With your peaceful ride interrupted by violent goings on, you have your own theories on exactly what kind of grass is growing in Elyra Field *raises eyebrow*, but your main concern is to rescue the boy who has just had an arrow spear him through the shoulder resulting in him being thrown from his Ponyta. Confident in Amber's ability to outrun the two Tauros and Dodrio along with their riders, you have Amber circle around and come straight back toward the boy whose Ponyta is standing protectively over him. Its blue main and tail flare up at the sight of four figures approaching, but Amber is quick to communicate with it and let it know you're there to help. Ponyta doesn't look too certain, but considering you don't appear to be dressed like those who are chasing its master, it reluctantly chooses to trust in the two of you and allow you to help seeing as it has no way of protecting, let along saving, the boy itself. While you're approaching at a full gallop, you direct the beam from Jolteon's Pokéball toward the tree where the boys bag had fallen, watching while your electric pup materialises. Sensing the danger Jolteon's fur is bristling with electrical energy, and upon surveying the scene before him listens carefully to your instructions. As soon as you've passed by him, Jolty stands facing the approaching men baring his teeth threateningly before releasing a blinding Flash that none of their steeds are prepared for. Temporarily blinded, the two Tauros and Dodrio are disoriented enough to stumble which results in chaos as the three crash into one another. His job done, Jolty spins around and grabs the bag from beside the tree while you and Amber gallop straight past the boy and his Ponyta. Thankfully having the equestrian skills needed to pull off your daring feat, you reach down while you pass, lifting the boy off the ground and hefting him up onto Amber who, as instructed, doesn't stop galloping. Ponyta, seeing that its master is now safely on his way toward Laramie Ranch atop a fellow fiery equine, breaks into a gallop and follows while Jolty makes use of his Agility and streaks across the field, leaping onto Amber's back with the bag clasped tightly in his mouth.

Minutes later you're galloping into Laramie Ranch with a wounded child and a shiny Ponyta in hot pursuit, which grabs the immediate attention of those in the grounds. Several people come running toward you with concerned expressions while Amber finally comes to a stop, breathing quite heavily after having exerted quite a lot of energy into getting to the ranch as fast as possible. A man in his mid forties is the first to reach you, his face pale upon noting the boy has an arrow through his shoulder, is barely conscious, and has ragged breathing. Gently lifting the boy from Amber's back, he looks up at you and speaks softly. "Thank you for bringing him home. Please come inside, I'd like to know what happened, but first I need to tend to Chris before the poison can spread. If it reaches his heart..." The man stops speaking, instead turning and carrying the child into the main homestead. "Home?" you're left thinking to yourself. "This boy is a Laramie?"



Lee-san: Najid releases a blinding Flash of light that completely disorients the two remaining Beedrill before setting his sights on the one hovering drunkenly in the air. His eyes narrow before he pounces from the ground, striking Beedrill with Take Down and KOing it. You notice Saria beginning to stir, but with Najid still not out of danger you concentrate on the battle, hoping he's able to pull through what little is left of it without coming to any more harm. The one remaining Beedrill, having no idea of where its enemy is at, goes for the kill, spinning around at high speed with Toxic Spikes shooting out in all directions. Diving for the ground in order to avoid being hit, you cover Saria with your body to ensure the girl isn't injured while Najid takes a deep breath. His hair seems to bristle while his body charges with fire energy, and a moment later a powerful stream of flames shoots from his mouth, the intensity of his Overheat engulfing Beedrill who drops to the ground KOed, in a smoking heap. Two levels for Najid. Unfortunately Najid's firepower isn't welcome so close to the tree line on the border of the forest, leaving you helpless to watch while a nearby tree begins to burn. Knowing you'll have to do something soon in order to avoid a full scale forest fire you roll away from Saria and crouch beside her, watching while her eyes slowly open, a confused frown creasing her brow. Her confusion soon turns to panic upon witnessing the fire and she sits bolt upright, her fingers clasping around an emerald colored crystal attached to a golden chain around her neck. Her eyes close and while she murmurs something in a language you are unfamiliar with, a radiant form of energy falls over the area, quenching the flames. Astounded by this turn of events, and by the power this girl apparently possesses, you're even more surprised to discover that the tree that had been burning is now standing unscathed with no signs at all to signify the fact it has just been ablaze. Even more surprising is that the Beedrill and Najid are now fully healed, and the Beedrill are all sitting in a row upon one of the tree branches looking quite ashamed of themselves under Saria's scrutiny. At that moment, before you have a chance to properly process any of the information from the goings on around you, the angry voice of Greed shatters the silence. "You can't hide from me forever, Saria!" he yells. A split second later the same Arbok you'd run from only minutes before comes charging through the trees and straight at Saria. Its mouth opens wide and you can see a strange coloured toxic liquid dripping from its fangs as it clamps down hard onto Saria's arm. Saria's agonized scream sends a chill up your spine as you have a sneaking suspicion that this particular Arbok is a cut above the rest, and that the toxins it holds are like no other you've come across. The Beedrill swarm in, attacking Arbok with everything they have and succeeding in making it back off just enough for you to drag her to her feet. She feels weak though, and as her sapphire blue eyes stare into yours, you can see the life fading from them. "The Forest Shrine..." she murmurs weakly. "Please... Take me to the Forest Shrine...". She then falls limply into your arms while the Beedrill continue to keep Arbok and bay and Greed's voice once again reaches your ears, but this time sounding much closer. "WHAT IS YOURS WILL BE MINE! AAHAHAHAHAHA!"


Dark Fire: While Farfetch'd rolls over into a more comfortable position and begins snoring softly, you interrupt the girls tantrum by laying down an ultimatum. She stops screaming, instead glaring hatefully at you through teary eyes while listening to what you have to say. Your words only succeed in making her more annoying, however, as she begins screaming, "That's not fair! I'm s'posed to win! The lady said I had to WIN! If I don't win I don't get my LOLLIPOP!" While she stomps her foot in the dirt to demonstrate her frustration, she begins her repetitive wailing of, "It's not FAIR!" over and over again. Ignoring her, you turn your attention to Drought while rummaging through your belongings to find something you've been holding on to for quite some time now, waiting for just the right moment in which to use it. With everything that has been taking place as of late, you're under no illusion that now is definitely the right time. Drought's eyes widen in appreciation and excitement upon seeing the golden glint of the Fire Stone falling into your hand. The red vein running through its core is the key to her evolution and with it, added strength. She eagerly steps closer, her little nose reaching up to meet your descending hand, and when the stone touches her nose you find yourself immersed in the magic of the familiar, yet never tiresome, process of evolution. Drought is surrounded by a brilliant white light that begins to grow and expand as her tiny body grows within it. Her torso becomes slimmer as her legs and body grow longer, her snout elongating, and three more tails forming while her fur changes from the familiar reddish brown into a softer, creamy yellow shade. When the light fades Drought's elegant new form of Ninetales is standing before you, her crimson eyes sparkling with approval while she flicks her tails, enjoying the feeling of her new self. You notice that a patch of fur on her neck is pitch black, and taking note of the charcoal she has been holding all of this time, you're not all that surprised to see it. It somehow makes her look more threatening, which will only help to intimidate her opponents, so it's most definitely a welcome surprise. Returning your attention to the matter at hand, you both turn back to the girl whom you hadn't noticed had shut right up while witnessing the evolution of the little fox she was supposed to defeat. Seeing the fear in the child's eyes, you're fairly confident that you'll not need to call your bluff, but you're not about to allow her to know that it is only a bluff. A dark energy surrounds Drought causing a terrified squeak to emit from the girl's throat, a far cry from her previous wailing, and a second later she cracks. "Ok, you win! Just don't hurt me!" she cries. "The lady went that way," she continues, pointing at the sky and toward the peak of Empyrean Mountain which is towering over a small village at its base. "She said to reclaim what's yours you have to bring the Forsaken Blade or you'll never see him again, and then she flew away on her Charizard." The girl then bends down to lift her snoozing duck from the ground before turning to run away. "Oh, and she said to give you this." Throwing a small, black velvet satchel at you, she turns and races off into Elyra Field with Farfetch'd in her arms, eager to put as much distance between herself and you as possible. Glad to be rid of the child, you're curious as to what can be in the satchel, and open it, peeking inside. The sight that greets you causes your stomach to churn and though you try to stop it, you can't help but be sick. Several thoughts are swirling through your mind while you try to make sense of why Lust would do such a thing, but the one that is standing out at the moment is, "She couldn't have... Could she?" For if the severed Houndour paw in the satchel does indeed belong to Obsidian, then this woman will pay dearly for what she has done...


Dragon11: With multicoloured Kecleon blocking your path, you figure it's time for some action and turn to Angeline. Upon hearing you instruct her to use "some sort of flying move", Angeline balks, apparently unimpressed with being told what to do. She half shudders, half shrugs, the motion giving you the distinct impression she'd be indignantly ruffling her feathers if she had any, before she looks up at you and says, "I'm your guide, not your Pokémon, you can't tell me what to do! Besides, I do not possess the abilities needed to battle these three. This is your fight, and is why we require your help. If we were able to undertake these trials on our own, we would have done so decades ago." She then struts off to the corner to watch as the battle unfolds, and you have the niggling feeling that you may have offended her, but a moment later she calls out, "Beware! These three are deceptive, and do not possess their natural ability. Their colours correspond to their types, and only attacks effective against their respective types will weaken them." Turning back to the Kecleon, you mull over the advice Angeline has given you while watching Sandstorm unleash a burst of electric energy, his Thunder arcing through the air and crashing into the yellow Kecleon. The Kecleon is thrown back into the wall from the force of the attack, but it soon regains its feet, standing up and smirking at Sandstorm who is surprised to see that his attack hasn't done nearly as much damage to the little chameleon type creature as it should have. The next minute, all three Kecelon attack Sandstorm in unison, the blue one releasing a Bubblebeam, the red one a Flamethrower, and the yellow Kecleon a Thunderbolt. Luckily Sandstorm takes little damage from the fire and electric attacks, but the water attack was far from pleasant. Shaking himself off, Sand glares back at the Kecleon, now having a better idea of just what they're capable of and prepared to give this battle everything he's got...


John's Knight: The battle continues, and though one Persian has decided to opt out of this battle, the two remaining felines are hungry and aren't about to give up their meal without a fight. Assustador sets his sight on the stronger looking of the two cats, dashing in speedily to Slash its hide only to have the enraged kitty spin around and Bite down hard on his arm. Extremely pissed off, Persian doesn't let go, clamping down for all its worth while its claws go into action with frenzied Fury Swipes which are painful to say the least as Persian works away on shredding Assustador's arm. Desperate to get rid of the writhing cat, Assustador's other claw begins glowing a silvery hue as it charges with steel energy, and a moment later he cracks it down onto Persian's skull, his Metal Claw forcing the crazed cat to let go. It falls to the ground, hissing viciously, its belly to the ground while it prepares itself to pounce straight back onto its target. Hades, meanwhile, is left facing the second Persian who has formed a shiny crystal-like formation of rock energy which it then hurls at him. The Power Gem strikes him in the forehead, but Hades is quick to retaliate by lunging in and Crunching down on the kitty's shoulder. Persian yowls loudly, the pain causing it to reflexively swipe out with its free paw and Scratch Hades across the face. One of Persian's claws graze across Hades' left eye, causing it to water up and his vision to blur. The pain is immense, but upon releasing his hold of Persian he is quick to strike, his foot crashing into the ground just as Persian lands allowing his Dragon Claw to lash across Persian's spine. Looking around you notice the rain is easing up, and can only hope this battle doesn't take too much longer to wrap up so that you're able to reach the Forest of Mystery before nightfall.


Joshua: While you're busy switching Pokémon and instructing them on their respective jobs in regards to putting out the fires that are destroying what's left of the farm, Elsa starts shaking. Now that Nadia is gone, Elsa has succumbed to the terror in her heart, heavy sobs wracking her entire body while she watches your Pokémon move into action. She looks to the ground, apparently unwilling to look you in the eye, but you realise this is due to utter humiliation rather than any kind of avoidance to your questions. Giving her time to pull herself together, you watch your Pokémon while Elsa cries softly beside you which gives you a little time to try and piece some information together. Nadia had been after a payment of some sort, and Elsa had been unable to meet the required quote despite her best efforts. Apparently it isn't the first time either considering the damage that had been done to one of the barns prior to Nadia's arrival. The fact she and her Pokémon are so strong is a little troublesome, for Nadia apparently belongs to some kind of organisation known as "The Nightbringers" which implies there are more like her out there who are quite possibly more powerful than she, and that they are terrorising this community. Whatever the case, Elsa is none other than a victim in the larger scheme of things and had risked her own life to save yours when Houndoom's Shadow Ball had very nearly ripped right through you. She obviously needs help, but whether or not you're in a position to provide it is something you're unable to judge until you know a little more about Nadia's organisation.

"She first appeared four months ago," Elsa's soft voice says in response to your questions. Turning your head toward her, you see that she is now watching you, obviously able to read the expression on your face and knowing that you'd like some answers. Not wanting to interrupt, you remain silent so that she's able to continue. "I don't know who she is or where she's come from, but she doesn't work alone. All of the farms in Elyra are being targeted by the Nightbringers who are demanding taxes in return for keeping our children safe." At this point Elsa's eyes cloud over, and you can tell that she's struggling within herself to keep her emotions in check. "On the first night she took my twelve year old son, Rael. On the second night she returned for my nine year old daughter, Alexis. On the third... On the third she took the life of my husband, Deacon, and our eighteen month old daughter, Amanda. Deacon tried to stop her from taking Amanda and Nadia just... she just killed him. With dark magic. Just killed him. Then she killed Amanda as a warning to me that she will not tolerate defiance in any form. She demanded that I provide her with twelve hundred pounds of wheat each week or Rael and Alexis will meet the same fate as Deacon and Amanda, but without Deacon to help... Others are in the same position. Their children have also been taken, but each family is being asked to provide a different form of payment. What the Nightbringers want, or where they are taking our supplies, we have no idea. We don't even know if our children are alive, but are doing as we're told in the hope the Nightbringers will eventually be satisfied with what they've taken and return our children to us." Nadia then falls silent, her gaze returning to her ruined farm and the smoke trails rising into the air. Your Pokémon have succeeded in putting out the fires, but from the expression on Elsa's face you can tell that she's barely holding onto any hope at all of her children being safe, let alone alive...



Jamil: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you're more interested in the rumours you've heard surrounding Auron Village whose inhabitants are said to worship the dead, and with this destination in mind you begin to look around for a friendly face in order to ask for directions. A few minutes later a young girl walks up to you, smiling, asking if you need any help because you look a little lost, and after asking her for directions to Elyra Field she points you in the right direction before scurrying back off into the crowd. Zubat seems pleased to be finally underway, and while you walk out of the port area you can't help but find yourself wondering what kind of adventures this supposedly magical land has in store for you.

Several minutes later you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. Already having an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra’s central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach Auron Village, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. It's Empyrean Mountain that has your attention though, as Auron Village is located at its base, and with your sights set on its volcanic peak, you wander toward it.

Though Zubat doesn't appear all too thrilled with the sunlight, your journey is pleasant. It's only mid morning, and you've already managed to cover a quarter of the distance needed to reach Auron, but the sight of a small fair set up in the field draws your attention away from your destination for a short while. Stopping by to check it all out you find many carnival rides and games set up along with a multitude of stalls selling all kinds of weird and wonderful things. It's the sound of a voice blaring over a loudspeaker that has your attention though, as apparently a trainer tournament is in progress. Walking toward the sound you find a raised stage set up with stands surrounding it where people are sitting and watching the battles. The announcer, a middle aged man with a pot belly, scruffy black hair, unkempt beard, but friendly demeanor, calls out theatrically, "The winner of the next battle will receive this Tri-Attack TM as their prize! Are there any takers? Who wants to give it a shot?" Waiting to see what happens next, you see a boy of about twelve leap up from the third row and rush up to the platform where he asks, "Can I have this one, Mr Brody? I've always wanted to teach Tri-Attack to Gizmo!" Mr Brody laughs, ruffling the boy's neatly brushed brown hair. "Of course you can Malcolm, I'm looking forward to seeing how your training has paid off." Looking back into the crowd Mr Brody asks, "Who'd like to battle young Malcolm here, and try winning a Tri-Attack TM for your Pokémon?" Hmm, it looks like an interesting enough challenge, but are you sure you want to be diverted from your trip to Auron with a fairground Pokémon battle?



Atrea, City of Fortune - Please reply in hotpink

lilbluecorsola: With this bittersweet goodbye turning into one of the sweetest moments you've ever experienced, both you and Ralts smile tearily at one another while you hold out your Friend Ball for the little psychic type. Psychically connected, visions of all of the trials you've been through on your long and arduous adventure are shared; happy times, sad times, tough times, trying times, all of them leading up to this very moment. The bond of friendship is already strong, and without a moments hesitation Ralts reaches out and triggers the release mechanism on the ball leaving you to watch with a happy heart while it's pulled inside. Ralts' willingness to become a member of your team has given you ownership of the level six female, whom you immediately release from the confines of her new home. Ralts leaps into your arms, thrilled to pieces to know she has a secure position on your team, and not wanting to be left out of the moment Bobble leaps into your arms as well which results in a group hug full of happy tears and laughter.

Several minutes later, while the three of you are heading toward the gates that will lead you out of Atrea City and into Elyra Field so that you can continue on toward the Forest of Mystery, you hear a loud cry coming from nearby. Looking around to see what all of the commotion is about, you spy an elderly woman laying on the ground while a young boy of around twelve with a Rattata by his side flees through the city gate with the old woman's handbag...



Empyrean Mountain - Please reply in red

Inferno: Considering you have every intention of travelling up to Empyrean Mountain's summit anyway, the idea of helping the professor out doesn't phase you. If anything, the professor's Nidoking suit, which is designed to withstand the heat of any volcano, only succeeds in perking your interest as it will come in very handy when it comes to searching out the Pokémon you're looking for. The fact the professor has even offered to allow you to test out the suit if you succeed in retrieving his equipment for him so that he's able to repair the damage only makes your additional task even more worthwhile as it means you won't need to ask him for permission to try it out. All in all, this is turning out to be one very interesting and promising day. Knowing that time will be an important factor, and that it's far too dangerous for your flying Pokémon to approach the summit by air, you choose your next best Pokémon for the trip. Returning Swellow who is a little disappointed to be returning so soon into her new adventure, you release Arcanine, your powerful canine bursting out of her Fire Ball with a roar of approval. She's in need of some good exercise, so the welcome thought of taking a long, uphill hike, is extraordinarily appealing to her. "My tool kit is white, and resembles a droid. Think of R2D2, and you'll know it when you see it" responds the professor in answer to your question. "Please hurry, for we don't have much time. If the bazooka Pokémon finds it, it may be destroyed and I'll never be able to repair the suit!"

Nodding your understanding, you instruct Arcanine to head up the mountain. She immediately takes off at a run, and waving a quick goodbye to Professor Happo, you hold on tight for the upcoming ride. Clasping on to fistfuls of Arcanine's mane so as not to fall off due to the speed at which she is traveling, the land passes by at a blur, and it isn't long before Elyra Field is behind you. As she enters Auron Village, Arcanine slows her pace, well aware of the attention you're both receiving from the villagers as she trots through the main town area and up to Empyrean Gate where an old man in a guards outfit awaits you. "Hail, friend!" he exclaims when you stop by the gate to await his permission to pass through. "That's a fine beast you have there," he continues as his eyes scan over Arcanine's powerful torso. "Beware of falling rocks and wild Pokémon today, lad. An explosion at the summit not long back has the native Pokémon on edge and they're not too fond of humans trespassing across their territory at the best of times." Nodding in response to his advice, you quickly thank him when he opens the gate, and without wasting another moment urge Arcanine to race up the Empyrean Mountain Trail. You haven't gotten far when a hair raising "ROOOOOAR!" causes Arcanine to come to a skidding halt as she can sense this is no ordinary cry. Looking about for the source of the terrifying bellow, you soon notice a trainer and his Blastoise mercilessly assaulting a Rhydon who is flailing in a muddy patch of ground, completely helpless to protect itself against the constant barrage of Hydro Pumps. The trainer is laughing sadistically, taking absolute pleasure in the torture he is inflicting upon the poor Pokémon whose dual rock and ground typing is causing it a great deal of pain against the watery assault.
enchantress is offline  
Old 04-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #225
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
Re: The Twilight Realm

First off, thank you for taking over, Tess. Second, I've decided to restart (sorry you had to read/write those updates for nada).

Aero stepped off the ferry and into the port town of Elyra Port, a Flygon by his side. He was amused by the hustle and bustle of the port, he watched fish markets and restaurants cluttered with patrons. It nearly made him hungry. But he had a bigger goal on his mind. He wanted to find out about the Light and Dark Avatars, and maybe even Aether. As they walked towards the edge of the city, the streets became less and less crowded. When the two finally reached the edge of the city, the trainer and his pokemon decided where to go.

"So, there are tons of places to go. There's the library in Atrea, and the castle. But there is also Auron Village with the Clock Tower and the Shaman's tomb," Aero explained. Flygon thought for a second before holding up one fingers.

"Atrea?" verified Aero. Flygon nodded. Aero got on Flygon's back and looked towards the fields. "Lets go!"
__________________
FB Squad

FB PC
Dragon 11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.