UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 08-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Dopple's Mysterious Adventure

About a week ago I fell into a worm-hole and found myself in an alternate reality slash parallel universe where I am the one with an accent, the weather is perpetually Pirates of the Caribbean and one wears a tuxedo to every class.

It's a curious place. I'll be sure to talk about curious things.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Well.

This looks like it could be interesting.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Politics grad school program?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I met a nun. She asked if I had a church to go to (there's a regular church and a cathedral in the same town). I said yes, I already knew about the nearby church, I heard about it last week.

She then asked if I went to church last Sunday.

I said no...I was still un-packi...

ಠ_ಠ
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I feel ya bro
Old 08-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #6
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I had the worst dream of my life last night. I've had nightmares, but this one was beyond terrible.

It involved zombies and I was back at home in a Ravenholm-style universe. At one point I slid down a clothes-line and landed on my long-dead cherry tree (it's been up-rooted for at least 10 years).

My Dad had accompanied me here to Wonderland but left, yet he was there in the dream in the same clothes as when I waved him off. Always eager to help his kids, he enthusiastically assembled a sitting lawn-mower for me to use and started explaining how to use it.

I told him, "Daddy, I hate to tell you this, but this is a dream. Even if you explain to me how to use this...I'm going to disappear not long from now, so I can't accept this lawn-mower."

He was crest-fallen and gave me a look that made me feel like I swallowed a stone. I felt bad not because there were zombies but because I'd be leaving him all alone.

Then I said goodbye, hugged, told him I loved him and woke up.

Fuck, I didn't even cry when I woke up but I'm watering now. I'm so emotionally stunted I never cry, although I value it a lot - it reminds one that one is alive. And I'm glad my Dad is too.

Gosh darn. Will I ever sleep again?
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
deoxys
Fog Badge

See, this is interesting to me due to the fact that just a few nights ago, I had a very eerie dream in which I was in a sort of encampment that was divided between people who had contracted a virus and those who hadn't. The ones who had were like a box of one dozen starving, crazed weasels, trapped behind jagged and rusty spear like fencing, thrashing and gnawing. The others were from the outside looking in, waiting in a line to get a vaccination.

Someone got to close to the fence and was bitten, start mutating, and turned around and scratched me. I began to transform into a Werewolf like thing, sprouting large, hairy arms and claws, and mindlessly freaking out. My mind didn't control my body and I watched as I helplessly began throwing people out of the way and sprinting for the pit where the vaccine was being given. I jumped onto a ledge over the pit, where below was some kind of river of green, acid looking liquid, which was being used as the base for the vaccine. A worked frantically tried to pull a bucket up to use against me, but I lept over to him and swiped at him. A frantic "Help m-me!" left my mouth in a twisted, deeper, demonic voice. I jumped from the ledge and to the front gate of the pit, where an employee shot me in the arm with a gun that contained the cure. If anything I could say that this cure was rare. But I thought "Now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air".

I believe parallel universes may be crossing between planes as we sleep. This could be an existential crisis bigger than any of us can comprehend.

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I had the worst dream of my life last night. I've had nightmares, but this one was beyond terrible.

It involved zombies and I was back at home in a Ravenholm-style universe. At one point I slid down a clothes-line and landed on my long-dead cherry tree (it's been up-rooted for at least 10 years).

My Dad had accompanied me here to Wonderland but left, yet he was there in the dream in the same clothes as when I waved him off. Always eager to help his kids, he enthusiastically assembled a sitting lawn-mower for me to use and started explaining how to use it.

I told him, "Daddy, I hate to tell you this, but this is a dream. Even if you explain to me how to use this...I'm going to disappear not long from now, so I can't accept this lawn-mower."

He was crest-fallen and gave me a look that made me feel like I swallowed a stone. I felt bad not because there were zombies but because I'd be leaving him all alone.

Then I said goodbye, hugged, told him I loved him and woke up.

Fuck, I didn't even cry when I woke up but I'm watering now. I'm so emotionally stunted I never cry, although I value it a lot - it reminds one that one is alive. And I'm glad my Dad is too.

Gosh darn. Will I ever sleep again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
See, this is interesting to me due to the fact that just a few nights ago, I had a very eerie dream in which I was in a sort of encampment that was divided between people who had contracted a virus and those who hadn't. The ones who had were like a box of one dozen starving, crazed weasels, trapped behind jagged and rusty spear like fencing, thrashing and gnawing. The others were from the outside looking in, waiting in a line to get a vaccination.

Someone got to close to the fence and was bitten, start mutating, and turned around and scratched me. I began to transform into a Werewolf like thing, sprouting large, hairy arms and claws, and mindlessly freaking out. My mind didn't control my body and I watched as I helplessly began throwing people out of the way and sprinting for the pit where the vaccine was being given. I jumped onto a ledge over the pit, where below was some kind of river of green, acid looking liquid, which was being used as the base for the vaccine. A worked frantically tried to pull a bucket up to use against me, but I lept over to him and swiped at him. A frantic "Help m-me!" left my mouth in a twisted, deeper, demonic voice. I jumped from the ledge and to the front gate of the pit, where an employee shot me in the arm with a gun that contained the cure. If anything I could say that this cure was rare. But I thought "Now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air".

I believe parallel universes may be crossing between planes as we sleep. This could be an existential crisis bigger than any of us can comprehend.
I don't know what you two are on but I'd like to buy if you're selling.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

OK that's fucking weird

Because I had a zombie apocalypse dream like two nights ago.

I was talking to some people on an irc I frequent about the zombies - one person was even preparing to fight some off. Then I went out to a shop (the zombies weren't at my hometown yet) and saw a newspaper with a picture of one on the cover. Then a huge steel wall rose up around the border of the town to protect it from the zombies and crates of food were air-dropped in from then on. This continued until one day we got a crate full of guns, and people were taking them and arguing over them. I got a revolver and I saw someone shambling in the distance and, realising it was a zombie, I shot it, getting everyone to shut up and prepare. Then we all stood in a ring and fought off the zombies (who had gotten over the wall by just forming a pile and going over each other) as the dream ended.

I'm starting to think this is a bad omen, considering the amount of zombie dreams I've heard about recently.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #10
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Hahahahahhahaha Kusari my thoughts exactly.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This just in. I had trouble getting my printer to work. My computer kept telling it to print some documents from Firefox, but it wouldn't do it.

After some thumbing through the manual, I eventually figured out that to scan/print anything I had to ask the printer in Chinese.

It worked out.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

There was a department-driven social gathering today and I was forced to interview a number of second year students as a precursor to a mentorship program. I talked with 8 students, two men and six women.

Two of the women slapped me because I asked their ages. Presumably, they were un-married. One was from the Republic of China (aka Taiwan), the other was Indian. After the soreness died down they told me they were age 25 (because 25 is the ideal age, where a woman has perfect figure and the sharpest mind she'll ever have).

I found it painfully hilarious. It was like something out of an Anime. My only regret was I was so taken aback from the physical impact I couldn't parlay the insult into a compliment.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 08-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Have you fallen into Wonderland?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

My room-mate is Korean. While I know everything about the Japanese, I know very little about Koreans except for some stereotypes. So when I first met him, I asked if he was a fan of StarCraft and would want to play someday. He, embarassingly, admitted he's played and enjoyed the game, but implied he was a "casual fan" distanced from the zealous religion that's gripped his island home-land.

Today I offered to feed him some food I was cooking, didn't want to refrigerate and eat later. He brought it back to his room...and I got to peek inside. Dude's constructed a Hydralisk Den right over his bed out of blankets, it's the most bizarre bedroom furnishing I've ever seen.

Suffice to say, I think he lives for the Swarm.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #15
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>his island home-land.

Korea is an island?

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Korea is an island?
Quote:
I know very little about Koreans except for some stereotypes.
I think he answered that question.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Okay, now I'm getting creeped out. I had a Zombie Apocolypse dream last night. :/
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

>Kin
Welcome to a month ago.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Woah, this is heavy.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #20
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Got an exam back today. According to the professor,

Scoring Distribution:

Undergraduates (21)

Range: 78-99
Average: 88

Graduates (9)

Range: 90-114
Average: 104

These were the second highest scores she'd ever seen in decades of teaching this course. I'm shocked at whoever did better than us.

Spoiler: show
I got 103, meaning I'm below average. :/
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #21
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>I got 103, meaning I'm below average. :/

Not sure if sarcasm or actually disappointed.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #22
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I went into class today and the teacher asked, "aren't you forgetting something?"

Fearful I'd neglected an important item, like pants, I frantically searched around. Then I realized what was up.

I'm the only one who isn't pregnant.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #23
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Fearful I'd neglected an important item, like pants, I frantically searched around. Then I realized what was up.

I'm the only one who isn't pregnant.
Has the pants thing ever happened before Doppel? It seems like it has.

Was it some sort of child development class or something?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #24
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The pants problem happened last week, when I walked around my apartment complex (and nearly went to the store) in boxers. Having started out with briefs, I was a bit less conscious of those shorts as "under-wear". I also paid a visit to my lab during an off-day in swim trunks.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc