UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #826
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Thrain: With little to actually speculate anything at all about the mysterious sparkle in the Ariados eyes, you decide to temporarily focus on the match. The Ariados start to spit purple pin like projectiles towards Blaze, who tries to dodge the pins but is unable. He yelps as the Poison Sting hit his body, but the actual damage of the attack is minimal, at least directly. He doesn't appear to be poisoned, as he quickly aims his Ember attack to the web that slows him down. He manages to remove the web from his feet, but gets hit with a Dark Pulse as soon as he looks up to see the Ariados, pushing him to his side on the ground, doing quite a bit of damage on the pup. Blaze gets a hold of himself before concentrating for a second, forming white orbs around his body with Hidden Power (Ice) and sending them towards the Ariados. They manage to dip his health, but the Ariados doesn't seem to want to give up as it releases another round of the Poison Sting towards Blaze, doing minimal damage as they hit him. Flames hit Ariados' body as Blaze spits another Flamethrower attack at it. The spider screeches loudly as it is hit, and jumps out of the way after 3 seconds of getting hit, the damage of the attack dipping it's health further. As the spider lands, it still looks very confident, while definitely not winning for now, the glint in its eyes is still there...

What will you do now?

OOC: Since there aren't any official FB descriptions of Pokemon moves, I went ahead and followed PASBL's description of Safeguard. Hope that's fine.

Wasting no further time with the battle, Ariados jumped forwards and spat out purple, pin-like projectiles in a mid-range Poison Sting attack. The needles raced through the air and sliced across Blaze's fur, eliciting a short yelp of pain from the fiery pup; the attack cut shallowly across his body, however, and no poison was inflicted. Eric breathed a sigh of relief at that, noting that the battle could have easily swung in the spider's favor if the poison had spread. Turning his attention back to the current matter at hand, Eric watched Blaze shoot Embers at the web stuck to his body, melting the sticky thready into ash. Free to move around, the Growlithe tried to dodge the spider's next Dark Pulse, but couldn't do so. Dark energy rocketed out of the Ariados's mouth, hitting Blaze in the side and pushing him back a few feet. "Blaze, your turn now! Teach that thing that it should never again mess with a fire type!" Eric called, a short distance away.

The Growlithe planted his feet firmly in the ground, rearing back and howling as he unleashed his Hidden Power (Ice). The icy orbs of energy spread out and exploded as they hit the spider, causing a moderate amount of damage. The Ariados's rebuttal came in the form of another Poison Sting, but Blaze managed to shoulder the attack in a more effective manner this time around. A glint of anticipation began to grow in his eyes as a fiery energy ran through his body. Blaze unleashed the energy in the form of another Flamethrower, which found its mark right on the side of the poisonous spider. It chittered angrily, jumping aside and out of the flames' reach.

"You've got it on the run now, Blaze! Let's finish this up. Try to get a little closer; Safeguard yourself from its attack if necessary. Follow it up with a quick Leer, then give it another Flamethrower up close to deal more damage!"



Thrain is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #827
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN

Everybody knows that the best things for a Garden are sun and rain, so moving it closer to the sun and clouds would make a wonderful garden.
So what if we put the garden in the clouds? Imagine the beauty of this place. Actually, don't imagine, come and see for yourself, this picture of natural beauty set into the clear blues skies. Stick around and explore, who knows what surprises and adventures you will encounter.

Areas:

Sky Gate: The entrance to this wonderful world, here you will find your pokemon centre and any other things you may need before setting out on your adventure. There are several paths leading away from the Sky Gate and if you want you can hire a guide to help you with your travels, but they may ask for something in return.…

After losing an intense battle to a trainer who was likely leagues more competent than him, Niles looked for a Pokemon center for Zoomer. After a few hours of wandering on the clouds he had come across the one at Sky gate. He quickly walked up to the counter and approached the nurse Joy. He reached for his Ralt's Pokeball and let out Zoomer, carrying him in his arms.

"Excuse me nurse Joy, I was just participating in a battle and my Ralts lost. He didn't faint, he just needs a nap from using so much energy. He did take some damage though and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind looking at him for a minute." Niles asked while lifting up Zoomer.

Stats

OoC: Thanks for taking me, Itza!
YDT is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #828
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #34 (08/08/2012)

Sky Gate
YDT:
"Not a problem, he should be fine in half an hour." She turns slightly towards a round pink blubbery Pokémon, with her attention still on Zoomer, who seemed to be quite tired from the battle, "Chansey, can you please help me with this Ralts?" "Chan-sey!" She exclaims happily, helping Nurse Joy put Ralts on a gurney, taking him to the back of the Pokémon Center.

After half an hour, the same Nurse Joy and Chansey emerge from the doors that Ralts disappeared to before, with him walking right by their side. "He is fully healed and should have no problems." Zoomer runs to your side, with the red headed nurse looking on with a smile on her face, with you wondering how they could have restored Zoomer's energy so quickly. "This must be your first time around these parts isn't it? Haven't seen you around before. Well, let me give you some suggestions on what to do around here, even if you've been here before, you can go around the Sky Gate, there are many people looking to either help guide you around this wonderful place, though they might ask for something in return, or maybe you might find someone that might need your help that will reward you handsomely, especially around this area. Of course you need experience to help some of them. You could also go venture into the many different areas the Cloud Garden has to offer." She points to the wall, holding a map of all the different areas available to you, Rainbow Road, The Space Path, Memory Lane, The Rose Arch, Mystery Island, Stardust Fields, Comet's Corner, Cloud Forest, The Fountain Garden, The Rock Garden, The Forbidden Garden, Rainbow Waterfalls, Burnt Forest Wastelands, Delibird Ridge & The Oasis . "I have to say though, if you are looking around for the view, the Comet's Corner is quite beautiful. If you are looking to explore, I would recommend you go to the The Rock Garden or Delibird Ridge. Hope you enjoy your stay in the Cloud Garden! Feel free to stop by any Pokémon Center if your Pokémon get injured again. Good Luck!"

What will you do?


Rainbow Road
Pest: "Pawniard, use a Double Team, then raise your defense with Iron Defense and finally, Slash it." The tone of the man seems to be more robotic than ever as the battle continues, with Bagon and Pawniard battling each other right next to you, and it didn't seem like Hugo was having much luck in his battle as he growled when Bagon got hit with a Night Slash, making Bagon step back a few feet, clearly in pain after the attack. "Shake it off Bagon! I know you can do this!" Hugo says encouragingly. Meanwhile, Pawniard starts to move around rapidly, and two copies of it are created with Double Team, all of which look like they could be the real one. The three copies start to approach Vesta, with her responding by spitting an Ember attack at one of the copies, with the fire engulfing and disappearing along with the copy. You then notice that the man seems to show little emotion to the battle as the battle continues, with no passion reflecting the performance his Pawniard is giving. Both Pawniards begin to glow in weirdly as they raise their defense with Iron Defense, with Vesta Growling loudly, making both Pawniard try to cover their ears in vain, lowering their attack. Both Pawniard race towards Vesta, and she tries to dodge both Pawniards attacks, unsuccessfully as the one on the right is the one that causes the damage to right side of her body as it is Slashed, leaving a mark on her side. Vesta growls madly as she then sends an Ember attack towards the Pawniard, firing him up again as it looks at Vesta, eyes narrowed and ready to pounce. "Pawniard, Leer at the Charmander, then Scratch it and finish with another Slash." His monotonous voice is still present as he tells his commands to Pawniard...

Both Pokémon have about 3/5 of health left with Pawniard having a little less than 1/2 it's energy left and Vesta having energy between 3/5 and 1/2 left.

What will you do now?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: Chikorita looks at you with indignation in its eyes, as if to say how dare you assume that it would want to stay when help is needed elsewhere. In any case, the ranger can't help but to crack a small smile at the Chikorita, "Okay let's get going!"

After half an hour of walking, the road seems somewhat empty, after all, there is little traffic in the forest, especially when there are fires nearby, also giving the forest an eerie quietness. You then take a look at where the fire was, with smoke still being released from that area, while definitely not as thick or big as it once was, it certainly looks like a bigger disaster was avoided even though it is not as bright as it was a few hours ago. Anne looks around and covers her eyes from the weaker sunlight, signaling ahead, "Somebody is running down the road towards us." You then see what Anne is talking about, a man comes closer and closer by the second, running quite quickly in your direction, and before long, he is about 30 feet away, "Please help me!" he says, before you all run towards him, with him finally in front of you and your group, gasping for air, "My truck was attacked by something, the wheels popped and I skidded a little but I'm alright but I need to get the truck to the Pokémon Center now, please help me!" He seems quite shaken, and bends a little, placing his hands on his knees, taking deep breaths as Anne quickly responds, "You're in luck, we've come to see what was happening to the supplies, Ponyta, come on out!" A cream colored horse with a fiery mane emerges from a Pokéball that the Anne throws in the air, "Ponyta can you please carry him?" The Ponyta replies with a nod. "Get on, we need you to take us there immediately!" The man quickly get on the Ponyta with Anne's help and you all continue on your way towards the truck.

It isn't long until you see the truck up ahead, which miraculously seems okay, except for two deflated wheels, on the side that you see. "Be careful." The man whispers as you all get closer, getting off the Ponyta, hearing something walk inside the truck, with the doors of the back open. As you get closer you see what caused the wheels to pop, some sort of purple spikes seem to have popped the wheel, a lot of them to be exact. Anne signals you to come with her to see what is in the back, and you follow her. She takes a peek with the door blocking her body and then looks at you, signaling you to do the same. Taking a look, you see two Nidoran in the back, rummaging through the supplies, unaware of your presence. "Let's lure them out of the truck." Anne whispers to you. She takes a berry from her fanny pack, "Nidorans! Do you want a berry?" she says shaking the berries and then throwing them away from the truck. They both look at Anne, alarmed, and run out of the truck, backing down a little, both of them growling at you and Anne. One of them sends Poison Stings towards you and Anne, both of you cover your face and try to get out of the way, but Ponyta jumps in from of you both taking the purple pin-like projectiles. It neighs in pain, but quickly sends an Ember attack towards the Nidorans, who jump out of the small flames' way in different directions. "Nagasaki, you take on one of the Nidoran, I'll take care of the other, be careful, they are very hostile right now!"

What will you do?

Thrain: (Thats's fine, Safeguard can be used as it is in the PASBL if you want to use it that way) Blazer gets closer to the Ariados, with it just looking at him with all it's eyes on him, while looking ready to attack, not moving a muscle. Blazer takes advantage of this eye contact and Leers at the spider, lowering its defense a little more. That doesn't stop the Ariados from stabbing Blazer with Poison Jab, its leg hitting him right on the side making him yelp in pain an take and few steps back. Luckily it doesn't seem like it poisoned Blazer, though the damage was moderate. Shaking his head slightly he releases another stream of fire in retaliation with a Flamethrower, which seems to make contact with the spider only for you to see it avoided the attack in the last second by using Agility to get out of the way. Looks like this itsy bitsy spider still has a few tricks ups it's sleeves. The Ariados still has a little more than 1/2 its health left, and 3/5 of energy left, while Blazer has about 3/4 of his health left with 1/2 his energy left.

The Ariados still seems to be quite calm, even though it might appear to be losing with the type disadvantage. It even appears to have a...smile on its face, or as close to a smile as a spider can show on its face...

What will you do now?


ChaoticHell83: "It's fine, great actually. I can sense a strong bond forming between you and your Pokémon." She lightly wipes the last tear, with a smile on her face after seeing you and your Pokémon. She starts to walk away, with her Kecleon climbing up to her head, hanging on with one hand on her head, "Come on, let's get going!" she says, signaling you to follow her with your and your Pokémon running behind, catching up and walking by her side. She seems to gracefully move about the forest, with no stumbling or slowing down, except for you to catch up with her, while the roots, branches, and terrain of the forest seem to be plotting against you and your Pokémon, slowing you down the further you walk.

Finally, she stops, "That took a while, are you okay? I know it was a little tough, but I'm sure you're okay." You then notice huts ahead, in an somewhat more open area, finally noticing the almost silent chatter of people coming coming it. "Papa!"She screams before running off into the huts and open area, easily with more than a dozen people, all with similar clothing to Yolanda's, of all ages scattered around. She finally stops in front of an older man,with peppered hair, "Yoli! I'm glad you are back, your mom was looking for you." He rustles her hair, which doesn't seem to amuse her as she scowls at him, but she turns towards you, "This is Caesar dad. I found him near Crescent Pond, and he says he wants to help us deal with the poachers!" The man quickly rushes in towards you, grabbing your hand and shaking it, "That is fantastic! We have been looking for some extra help and you've come at the right time! My name is Ismael! Mateos, comes over here!" He can barely contain his excitement, as a young man, no older than 16, walks right next to him. "Yes father?" "This is Caesar, he will help you find and take care of the poachers." He takes a look at you before saying to his father in disbelief, "You can't be serious! He is an outsider! How can you trust him?" "Because your sister trusts him." He responds with authority, but it seems that he is not easily convinced. "Fine, let's see if he has what it takes, Leavanny, come on out!" He flings a Lure Ball into the air, and with a sparkling display of lights, a yellow bug-like Pokémon covered in green leaves appears in from of you, as people clear the space and move away from the open field-like center and in front of their huts. "Let's see if you are even good enough to help us!"

How will you respond?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: The Psyduck rushes towards Shaana, who seems ready to take the attack, only the duck stops midway between where it started to rush towards Shaana to where she actually it. Thrown on the ground it begins to snore and a bubble forms on its nose, just as Munna sets up a pane of glass in front of her with Barrier, protecting her from future physical attacks. Shaana begins to charge and then fires a multi colored beam towards the Psyduck, hitting the aquatic creature with Psybeam, which sends the Psyduck to it's side, still asleep, but barely, as it seems to be have been hurt by the attack. Shaana disappears as she floats around, filled with dark energy, until she drops on the sleeping Psyduck and slams into it with Pursuit, making it quack in pain as it wakes up, quite upset that it was woken up. It puffs it cheeks and then releases a powerful stream of water towards Shaana, hitting her with Water Gun, soaking her completely again and sending the levitating Pokémon flying back a little before regaining its balance in the air, slightly protected by the shield in front of it. The Psyduck quacks in a low tone, slightly angry, circling around Shaana, while she stares at the Psyduck, both Pokémon waiting for the other to make the next move...

What will you do?

Last edited by Itzatrap; 08-08-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #829
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: Chikorita looks at you with indignation in its eyes, as if to say how dare you assume that it would want to stay when help is needed elsewhere. In any case, the ranger can't help but to crack a small smile at the Chikorita, "Okay let's get going!"

After half an hour of walking, the road seems somewhat empty, after all, there is little traffic in the forest, especially when there are fires nearby, also giving the forest an eerie quietness. You then take a look at where the fire was, with smoke still being released from that area, while definitely not as thick or big as it once was, it certainly looks like a bigger disaster was avoided even though it is not as bright as it was a few hours ago. Anne looks around and covers her eyes from the weaker sunlight, signaling ahead, "Somebody is running down the road towards us." You then see what Anne is talking about, a man comes closer and closer by the second, running quite quickly in your direction, and before long, he is about 30 feet away, "Please help me!" he says, before you all run towards him, with him finally in front of you and your group, gasping for air, "My truck was attacked by something, the wheels popped and I skidded a little but I'm alright but I need to get the truck to the Pokémon Center now, please help me!" He seems quite shaken, and bends a little, placing his hands on his knees, taking deep breaths as Anne quickly responds, "You're in luck, we've come to see what was happening to the supplies, Ponyta, come on out!" A cream colored horse with a fiery mane emerges from a Pokéball that the Anne throws in the air, "Ponyta can you please carry him?" The Ponyta replies with a nod. "Get on, we need you to take us there immediately!" The man quickly get on the Ponyta with Anne's help and you all continue on your way towards the truck.

It isn't long until you see the truck up ahead, which miraculously seems okay, except for two deflated wheels, on the side that you see. "Be careful." The man whispers as you all get closer, getting off the Ponyta, hearing something walk inside the truck, with the doors of the back open. As you get closer you see what caused the wheels to pop, some sort of purple spikes seem to have popped the wheel, a lot of them to be exact. Anne signals you to come with her to see what is in the back, and you follow her. She takes a peek with the door blocking her body and then looks at you, signaling you to do the same. Taking a look, you see two Nidoran in the back, rummaging through the supplies, unaware of your presence. "Let's lure them out of the truck." Anne whispers to you. She takes a berry from her fanny pack, "Nidorans! Do you want a berry?" she says shaking the berries and then throwing them away from the truck. They both look at Anne, alarmed, and run out of the truck, backing down a little, both of them growling at you and Anne. One of them sends Poison Stings towards you and Anne, both of you cover your face and try to get out of the way, but Ponyta jumps in from of you both taking the purple pin-like projectiles. It neighs in pain, but quickly sends an Ember attack towards the Nidorans, who jump out of the small flames' way in different directions. "Nagasaki, you take on one of the Nidoran, I'll take care of the other, be careful, they are very hostile right now!"

What will you do?
Nagasaki made a quick response to the situation. "Roger!" Blazer, with that call, prepared quickly for battle. "I know what to do." Nagasaki quickly draws the stick again, and points it toward the target. "Set off a fierce Growl to fend off the targets. Follow up with a burst of a Will-o-Wisp! For the final touch, a powerful Flamethrower will do!" Blazer then responds to his trainer. "Expect me to do the honors." He then looks at Chikorita. "Young warrior, can I ask you a favor? If I became collapsed due to this battle, please take my spot." He then faced to the foes, who are totally enraged. Blazer is ready to fire his attacks. Looking at his target with great accuracy and precision. With the chick and horse on the battlefield, the two fire Pokemon trainers commanded both Pokemon to attack, and so the battle emerges within the area...
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #830
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge
 
ChaoticHell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
ChaoticHell83: "It's fine, great actually. I can sense a strong bond forming between you and your Pokémon." She lightly wipes the last tear, with a smile on her face after seeing you and your Pokémon. She starts to walk away, with her Kecleon climbing up to her head, hanging on with one hand on her head, "Come on, let's get going!" she says, signaling you to follow her with your and your Pokémon running behind, catching up and walking by her side. She seems to gracefully move about the forest, with no stumbling or slowing down, except for you to catch up with her, while the roots, branches, and terrain of the forest seem to be plotting against you and your Pokémon, slowing you down the further you walk.

Finally, she stops, "That took a while, are you okay? I know it was a little tough, but I'm sure you're okay." You then notice huts ahead, in an somewhat more open area, finally noticing the almost silent chatter of people coming coming it. "Papa!"She screams before running off into the huts and open area, easily with more than a dozen people, all with similar clothing to Yolanda's, of all ages scattered around. She finally stops in front of an older man,with peppered hair, "Yoli! I'm glad you are back, your mom was looking for you." He rustles her hair, which doesn't seem to amuse her as she scowls at him, but she turns towards you, "This is Caesar dad. I found him near Crescent Pond, and he says he wants to help us deal with the poachers!" The man quickly rushes in towards you, grabbing your hand and shaking it, "That is fantastic! We have been looking for some extra help and you've come at the right time! My name is Ismael! Mateos, comes over here!" He can barely contain his excitement, as a young man, no older than 16, walks right next to him. "Yes father?" "This is Caesar, he will help you find and take care of the poachers." He takes a look at you before saying to his father in disbelief, "You can't be serious! He is an outsider! How can you trust him?" "Because your sister trusts him." He responds with authority, but it seems that he is not easily convinced. "Fine, let's see if he has what it takes, Leavanny, come on out!" He flings a Lure Ball into the air, and with a sparkling display of lights, a yellow bug-like Pokémon covered in green leaves appears in from of you, as people clear the space and move away from the open field-like center and in front of their huts. "Let's see if you are even good enough to help us!"

How will you respond?


After traveling through the forest and almost being seemingly attacked by nature itself Caesar was glad to see some form of civilization as he stepped out into the more open area.

"Phew, yeah I'm fine thanks for asking, what about you guys?" Caesar looks back, affirming that his Pokemon were having a slightly easier time then him. Must be outta shape he chuckled to himself.

As he turned his head back around he did a double take at the large, metallic creature following behind him. It resembled Gaius, but Gaius wasn't a Scizor yet... Caesar approached him, and inspected him more closely, and sure enough the proud bug-type was still in there, he was just now coated over with metal.

"Well that's pretty cool! Eh, Gaius?" The Pokmon seemed to loosen up a bit more and smile even! As well as give a bit of a nod as he shook his limbs loosely and bounced back and forth on the spot, as if ready to enter a boxing match.

The new Squirtle that Caesar had gotten in a trade was lagging closely behind, clearly fatigued by the journey.

"Awe, you alright there buddy?" Caesar asked, approaching the little guy and scooping him up in his arms, "Sorry about that, I should've put you back in your Ball like I did with Marcus and Julia. Oh! Which reminds me, what shall we call you?"

The Squirtle seemed to collapse and crumble into Caesar's arms as he scooped him up. He continued to lie lazily there with no problem whatsoever by being handled by his new trainer, though that may be because he was so tired. He looked like he was falling asleep.

"Haha, I'll call you Servius." Caesar proclaimed, running his hands along the Squirtles exposed stomach, of whom didn't seem to care.

When he turned back around to see what had become of Yolanda a man appears and hastily grabs his hand to shake it, clearly quite excited and eager.

"That is fantastic! We have been looking for some extra help and you've come at the right time! My name is Ismael! Mateos, comes over here!" The man spoke, his excitement barely able to be contained.

"Oh yes, well, I'm Caesar," He spoke, though he felt like the man didn't hear, too excited and rowdy to pay attention. "Just to formally introduce myself."

Caesar watched as the young man, about 16-ish he'd guess, appeared and began walking towards Ismael. This must be Mateos, he thought to himself.

"Yes father?" He spoke, his voice perhaps carrying a bit of resentment?

"This is Caesar, he will help you find and take care of the poachers." Ismael explained, though Caesar had a feeling that Mateos would have a problem with him. He seemed like the type to defy his superiors and elders, and to give Mateos another reason to protest, Caesar seemed very much an outsider of their clan.

His suspicions seem to come to fruition as he allowed Mateos to look over him and inspect him, his face beginning to contort as he clearly disapproves. Though it was more of a quick skim read than an actual analysis or inspection, Caesar thought to himself. Sure enough, without a second glance, the boy began to speak his mind.

"You can't be serious! He is an outsider! How can you trust him?"

"Because your sister trusts him." Ismael responds with authority, causing even Caesar to feel a bit more reserved.

"Fine, let's see if he has what it takes, Leavanny, come on out!" Mateos flings a Lure Ball into the air, and with a sparkling display of lights, a yellow bug-like Pokémon covered in green leaves appears in from of you, as people clear the space and move away from the open field-like center and in front of their huts. "Let's see if you are even good enough to help us!" The boy challenges.

Caesar takes a moment to respond before motioning with his hand for Gaius to come forward. "You know, there are other ways besides violence that I could prove myself. Doesn't this feel a little wrong? Solving fighting with more fighting? Instead of wasting our time we could be fighting the poachers!" He took a sigh and covered his face with his hand, "But I feel that would never be enough for you. So be it, Gaius we'll show them how capable we are. Flurry him with (3) Bullet Punches!.
__________________
*** ACTIVE TEAM ***
Gaius Lv.5 Marcus Lv.7 Aurelia Lv. 2 Squirtle Lv. 6 Carnivine Lv. 1

ChaoticHell83 is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #831
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Sky Gate
YDT:
"Not a problem, he should be fine in half an hour." She turns slightly towards a round pink blubbery Pokémon, with her attention still on Zoomer, who seemed to be quite tired from the battle, "Chansey, can you please help me with this Ralts?" "Chan-sey!" She exclaims happily, helping Nurse Joy put Ralts on a gurney, taking him to the back of the Pokémon Center.

After half an hour, the same Nurse Joy and Chansey emerge from the doors that Ralts disappeared to before, with him walking right by their side. "He is fully healed and should have no problems." Zoomer runs to your side, with the red headed nurse looking on with a smile on her face, with you wondering how they could have restored Zoomer's energy so quickly. "This must be your first time around these parts isn't it? Haven't seen you around before. Well, let me give you some suggestions on what to do around here, even if you've been here before, you can go around the Sky Gate, there are many people looking to either help guide you around this wonderful place, though they might ask for something in return, or maybe you might find someone that might need your help that will reward you handsomely, especially around this area. Of course you need experience to help some of them. You could also go venture into the many different areas the Cloud Garden has to offer." She points to the wall, holding a map of all the different areas available to you, Rainbow Road, The Space Path, Memory Lane, The Rose Arch, Mystery Island, Stardust Fields, Comet's Corner, Cloud Forest, The Fountain Garden, The Rock Garden, The Forbidden Garden, Rainbow Waterfalls, Burnt Forest Wastelands, Delibird Ridge & The Oasis . "I have to say though, if you are looking around for the view, the Comet's Corner is quite beautiful. If you are looking to explore, I would recommend you go to the The Rock Garden or Delibird Ridge. Hope you enjoy your stay in the Cloud Garden! Feel free to stop by any Pokémon Center if your Pokémon get injured again. Good Luck!"

What will you do?

Niles spent his time, waiting for Zoomer, running all over the Pokemon centre. He would be looking at one thing then another; at one point he almost followed someone cool looking outside, but then remembered he was waiting for Zoomer. Near the end of the wait he got bored and just started flipping a coin (mostly dropping it). After waiting a half hour he saw the Chansey come back and rushed over to Zoomer. He picked him up and swung him around in circles a few times. He then put Zoomer down and looked at the Chansey and Nurse Joy.

"Thanks a lot! He's so energetic now!" Niles thanked with a giant smile, Zoomer cried in appreciation too.The Nurse then informed Niles of a lot of interesting places nearby. Niles listened with excitement, these places all seemed so amazing. He was gonna have a lot of trouble picking which one to go to. Maybe Rock Garden or Delibird Ridge, exploring was Niles favorite.

"Thank you again!" Niles exclaimed as he walked with Zoomer out of the Pokemon center. Niles quickly put Zoomer back in his ball, he didn't want him tiring out again. Niles started to walk down the cloudy street, glancing at some of the buildings. As soon as he walked down one street, he realized he had no idea where he was going. This wouldn't be like last time, with him getting extremely excited and just start running off in one direction. No, this time he had a foolproof plan.

"Hey! Can you help me adventure?" Niles screamed at the closest person to him.


Stats

Last edited by YDT; 08-08-2012 at 12:59 PM.
YDT is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #832
Charminions
Your reality is mine
 
Charminions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Cloud Forest

Charminions – As you indicate over the girl’s shoulder, she glances up and her eyes bug about to see the number of Combee crawling above her head. Her mouth gapes open and you fear she is about to scream again, so you quickly offer assistance. Her gaze returns to you, hopeful, but then aghast at your request in return. The brat brashly opens her mouth to retort, but then stops as she senses a grand movement. She gulps and sneaks another glimpse of the hive hovering over her hair, as the cloud of Combee part to allow their queen to come forth. That shuts her up. Seems she’s got some sense to keep her voice down at least. After some consideration, she calls to you quietly, remaining perfectly static in the process.

“All right, fine. I’m sorry. Now hurry and help me!”

Not much of an apology, but you suppose it will have to suffice. You are about to coordinate how to get her down from the tree when you hear a snap followed by a scream. You look up to see the girl dangling from the broken branch that was her hands’ only support. You and Apollo race over to be ready should she fall. However, realizing what a direct view from below would afford the two of you, the girl goes red and foregoes all common sense as she begins to kick her legs violently.

“Eeeeyaaaaah! Don’t look!”

For pete’s sake, is this child ever concerned about anything other than her panties? You grimace as you try to get a good grip on the flailing feet, but they’re out of your reach. Even if you were at the right height, you’d probably only end up with another brusque boot to the face again. You wince as you rub at the bruises from before. Saving this kid seems to be far more trouble than she’s worth – so far it’s only caused you pain. Perhaps her fierceness could even fend off a horde of angry bees if left unabated.

Though the thought is amusing, you cannot forget the reality of the situation as the Combee start to collect around the severed stem. You notice some of them sucking on the sap as it seeps in abundance, probably in preparation for propolis (or in layman’s terms: sealing small spaces in order to help stabilize the hive). However, the majority simply seem to sense their helpless victim down below. The girl freezes as she feels them start to creep across her fingers. Rather than a full-blown shriek, she lets out a little gasp more like a squeak. Her eyes roll back as she promptly faints, simultaneously letting go of the limb.

You and Apollo both scramble to catch the bundle of frills, instead bumping straight into each other and falling flat on your rumps. You groan as you feel another bruise forming, this time caused by your own partner’s beak. There’s no time for Apollo to apologize though, as he dives past you to save the small body just before it hits the ground. You quickly check to make sure she is still breathing and there are no broken bones anywhere, and sigh in relief upon finding her health satisfactory. Well, except for a small sting on the back of her wrist, but you can deal with that later once you’re out of the woods.

You smile, thankful that the patient had been (involuntarily) still and silent throughout the brief examination. Had she been awake, she most certainly would have cried foul again and punched you directly in the gut. So long as she’s peacefully asleep like this, she looks like a harmless angel. One could even call her cute. …Suddenly, you get the overwhelming urge to draw on her cheeks.

There’s no time for silly pranks right now though, even though she probably deserves it. A developing drone signals that Vespiqueen and her followers have dropped down to ground level, and are enraged to find you nursing their prey.

At that moment, you hear a moan from the compacted Combee as it struggles to salute its comrades. Compared to the serene child nestled in your arms sucking her thumb, right now it looks like the one more in need of serious medical attention. At this point its internal injuries might require professional care – you highly doubt even Potions could do the trick. If left on the forest floor, it probably will die despite the care of its companions and/or whatever natural remedies might be available.

The horde looks from it to your group and back again before putting two and two together. If they weren’t previously aware that one of their own had been wounded, they are now. They also seem to have concluded that you must be the perpetrator, or at least an accomplice. At any rate, since you and Apollo appear to still be conscious, they arbitrarily switch their target to you two. The Vespiqueen screeches in grief and rage for the attempted murder of one of her children as she begins to ORDER the rest of her minions to ATTACK.

Will you fight or flee?
The girl is astounded by Charm's request. Apologize? No way. She looks back up to see the Combee pouring out of the hive which further alarms her and she hastelly makes her decision. “All right, fine. I’m sorry. Now hurry and help me!” she says. What a lame apology, Charm thinks, just utterly disgusted by this girl, but it will have to do, I suppose. Beginning to plan out how to save her, the twig the girl is holding on snaps and she lets out a scream. She still manages to hang on by her hands and the trainer and his Pokemon run over to get ready for the inevitable fall, but the direct view the two got caused the girl to throw a fit about her panties again. “Eeeeyaaaaah! Don’t look!”

"God damn," Charm mutters in annoyance at the girl. "Maybe leaving her here would be alright, she would probably be able to fight off that swarm," he considers jokingly. The majority of the Combee notice their fallen comerade and the kid shrieks when she feels the bees creeping across her fingers. Instead of screaming, she gasps out a squeak before fainting and letting go her of her grip.

"Oh boy, catch her quick!" Charm says while the two scramble around to catch her, comically bumping into each other, making another bruise on Charm from the Combusken's beak. Apollo does manage to catch the girl at the last second, though. Charm quickly checks to see if she's attained any injuries and is relieved to see that there weren't any except for a small sting on her wrist. Good thing she was out cold, or she would be going crazy right now, he thinks, thankfully. As long as she's asleep, we'll be fine for now... maybe I should draw marks on her cheeks as payback, he deviously thinks, but there's no time for that.

Charm then notices the Vespiqueen and some more Combee drop down and notice him tending to the girl. The beaten Combee gives off a soft buzz to salute his comrades and Charm notices that the little Combee is in way worse condition than the little she devil resting peacefully in his arms. "Poor thing will probably die at this rate," he says softly. The swarm looks back at the beaten Combee and the small group and figures out what has happened if they haven't already. "Crap... now we won't even be able to help that little Combee," he says, watching the swarm getting increasingly angry at the duo who had no part of this.

The Vespiqueen screams in rage, signaling her Combee to attack. "And now we're screwed." There's no way Apollo, alone, would be able to fight off an entire horde of Combee led by a Vespiqueen. "We need back up," he reaches into his bag and pulls out a Pokeball. Out of it pops a Sneasel, Osage, who quickly looks around and notices they're in a terrible situation. "Sorry to call you out, Osage, but we need your help. But first, RUN LIKE HELL!" Charm keeps a grip on the girl before dashing off, his two Pokemon keeping up pretty well. He turns back to order, "Keep them off our backs with some Flamethrowers and Ice Beams if they get too close. But more importantly, KEEP RUNNING!" Charm has no idea how they'll escape out of this, simply running will eventually tire them out, but it's all he can think of for now. The Pokemon reluctantly nod and the trio keep running to god knows where.
__________________
Charminions is offline  
Old 08-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #833
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: "Pawniard, use a Double Team, then raise your defense with Iron Defense and finally, Slash it." The tone of the man seems to be more robotic than ever as the battle continues, with Bagon and Pawniard battling each other right next to you, and it didn't seem like Hugo was having much luck in his battle as he growled when Bagon got hit with a Night Slash, making Bagon step back a few feet, clearly in pain after the attack. "Shake it off Bagon! I know you can do this!" Hugo says encouragingly. Meanwhile, Pawniard starts to move around rapidly, and two copies of it are created with Double Team, all of which look like they could be the real one. The three copies start to approach Vesta, with her responding by spitting an Ember attack at one of the copies, with the fire engulfing and disappearing along with the copy. You then notice that the man seems to show little emotion to the battle as the battle continues, with no passion reflecting the performance his Pawniard is giving. Both Pawniards begin to glow in weirdly as they raise their defense with Iron Defense, with Vesta Growling loudly, making both Pawniard try to cover their ears in vain, lowering their attack. Both Pawniard race towards Vesta, and she tries to dodge both Pawniards attacks, unsuccessfully as the one on the right is the one that causes the damage to right side of her body as it is Slashed, leaving a mark on her side. Vesta growls madly as she then sends an Ember attack towards the Pawniard, firing him up again as it looks at Vesta, eyes narrowed and ready to pounce. "Pawniard, Leer at the Charmander, then Scratch it and finish with another Slash." His monotonous voice is still present as he tells his commands to Pawniard...

Both Pokémon have about 3/5 of health left with Pawniard having a little less than 1/2 it's energy left and Vesta having energy between 3/5 and 1/2 left.

What will you do now?
Profile

"Pawniard, use a Double Team, then raise your defense with Iron Defense and finally, Slash it."

Pest frowned at the sound of the man's voice. It was hardly the time to get distracted of course, but she still had to wonder why he was showing absolutely no emotion in this battle. Hadn't he and his companion been intent on stopping them? Yet still he spoke in a flat monotone ... a word that sounded suspiciously close to monochrome. She hastily decided not to consider the implications.

Close by, Hugo cheered his Pokemon on. "Shake it off Bagon! I know you can do this!"

Pawniard moved in a blur, soon producing two copies of itself that moved perfectly in sync. Taken a little aback by the sudden Double Team, Vesta quickly launched a flaming Ember at one of them, which turned out to be a copy that flickered out of existence upon impact. Pawniard and its clone then glowed silver briefly, increasing the defensive strength of its steely hide; but another of Vesta's Growls made them carry their blades a little more uncertainly. Neither was completely shaken however, and both leapt at Vesta to strike her before she could avoid them. It was the one on the right who made contact though, and now that she was aware of which was real, she managed to hit the correct one this time. Both Pokemon glared at each other as they paused to catch a breath; of the two, Vesta looked better off overall, though barely. Pawniard's clone glared as well, its disguise briefly foiled.

The man spoke up again, emotionless as ever. "Pawniard, Leer at the Charmander, then Scratch it and finish with another Slash."

What to do, what to do? "Okay then," she said, coming up with an odd idea. "Vesta, counteract its Leering with another fearsome Growl. The last thing we want is for it to score extra damage. Then release a thick Smokescreen - that'll make it harder for both Pawniards to hit you or Bagon! Finally, spray Pawniard with an Ember; it'll have to try and hit you first, so you'll know where it is. Even if it misses, you should be able to hear it."

She glanced over at Hugo, who clearly seemed frustrated with how things were going with his Pawniard. Maybe the Smokescreen would be enough to let them escape?
Pest is offline  
Old 08-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #834
Shuckle
Mage of Mind
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Thought and Melody
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rose Arch
Shuckle: The Nidoran winces a little as a single thorn is taken out, taking its paw away for a second, while the trainer, quite irritated now, barks orders to the Ralts. "Elize, set up a Double Team! Hit is with a Confusion after that!" The Ralts nods as it starts to move rapidly across the field, creating two exact copies of herself with Double Team, who set up a triangle formation around Fizz. Fizz jumps to a copy of Ralts, trying to squeeze her once again with his tentacles with Constrict, but passes right through the copy, turning as quickly as possibly before being hit with a light wave of psychic energy as Elize uses Confusion. Meanwhile, the last thorn is finally taken from the Nidoran's paw, looking quite grateful for the help you've offered it. Fizz releases another ray like attack of bug energy as you look to the match, the Struggle Bug hits the real Ralts right in the chest, making the other copy disappear as the attack takes a chunk of the Ralts' health. "We cannot lose this! Start by setting up a Light Screen, and follow it up with another Growl. Then go in for an Ice Punch!" The Ralts nods at her trainer, panting a little from her reduced health as it is around 2/5 left, with her energy being around 1/2 left, and Fizz's health being around 3/5 left, while his energy is also 1/2 left. The Nidoran looks on to the match, while still weak from the assault it sustained earlier, but now free of thorns on her paw.

What will you do now?
"Well, now that that's taken care of," says Turtle with a smile. He holds his hands out to the little Nidoran, hoping to scoop up the poor little critter and give her a big hug. She'd been through so much, you know. But Turtle, ever mindful, avoids the dangerous barbs that Nidoran have on their backs and ears and face! If she doesn't want to be picked up, he will leave her well enough alone.

Turning briefly, he barks out orders to the Shuckle, malice etched into all the corners of his face.

"Protect the little Nidoran, Fizz! Let's try for something unorthodox. Start with a Rock Blast to smash through the screen, then Struggle Bug to Bide your time through that Ice Punch. You have the advantage, so let's make the most of it."

__________________

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #835
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #35 (08/12/2012)

Sky Gate
YDT:
Deciding to let the interested parties seek you out, you scream to the nearest person your need for help in your adventure, only she looks at you, slightly startled and confused as she scuttles off away from you. It seems like your plan failed, that is until you feel someone tap your shoulder. "So, you are looking for some help? What do you need help with?" You hear a rather deep voice, which comes from the man that was right behind you, who tapped your shoulder. He looks you up and down, analyzing everything on you, "Also what do you have to offer in return for my help? I can help with anything, and I guarantee to do a good job. Name is Mitch by the way." He seems awfully sleek, with his brown hair reflecting the sunlight slightly with the gel he seems to be wearing with his hair spiked up slightly to the left side, wearing a blue-black stripped shirt that is covered partially by a dark grey cardigan and dark blue jeans, faded at the knees. He seems to exude a rather calming and charming vibe from him, and his light brown eyes seems to be hypnotizing. Something about him seems to tell you to be careful as he looks at you...

How will you respond?


Rainbow Road
Pest: Vesta tries to make direct eye contact with the Pawniard, trying to Leer at it. She manages to get their eyes to meet, which seems to work on the Pawniard, lowering its defense, but it still refuses to back down completely as it tries to intimidate Vesta itself as it Growls loudly, unsettling Vesta and lowering her attack a little. The surroundings are invaded by a dark cloud that is released from Vesta's mouth, with everyone coughing as the Smokescreen keeps expanding. The Pawniard tries to fruitlessly find where Vesta is, by hearing it's surrounding, though it is proving quite difficult as it Scratches the air right be Vesta, missing by a centimeter but giving her the Pawniard's position as she unleashes an Ember at the Pawniard, making it growl angrily as the fire attack takes away more health. It Slashes the air where it feels the attack came come, making Vesta yelp out in pain as she is hit by the attack in the arm.

The smokescreen seems like the perfect cover for you to ask Hugo and your Pokémon to run, that is if you manage to do it without alerting the people wanting to stop you from chasing you in the direction you are going, maybe giving you a few seconds head start, might even be enough to run away without a problem. Or you could always try another strategy to distract them or continue the fight, but with the smokescreen, it may be only a matter of time until other people see it and join in to help the guards...

What will you do?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: The Nidoran looks at your extended hand, expressionless at first, before smiling, crying out happily, "Nya-Nya!" You can see the battle continue with the corner of your eye as you carefully scoop up and hold the Nidoran tight. A crystal coat seems to cover the Ralts as it focuses its energy to create a Light Screen. It isn't long until Fizz starts following your commands, sending a couple of huge rocks towards the Ralts, the first one cracking the protecting shell, and each subsequent rock from the Rock Blast attack cracking it further until the last blast shatters it completely, sending the Ralts back a few feet. The Nidoran seems to have no intention of letting go of you as her head rests on your chest, she seems to be breathing a little heavier than usual. Fizz inhales and spits out a Struggle Bug, the bug energy beam hitting the Ralts right on the face, knocking her to the ground, panting quite hard now. She looks at Fizz and Growls loudly at him still on the ground, but the attack has minimal effect as Fizz begins to glow red, preparing to Bide the following attack. Elize gets up from the ground and charges towards Fizz, concentrating all her energy on her hand as she forms a fist, full of ice energy. "Stop Elize!" He tries to warn his Pokémon in vain, but it is too late and it seems that the Ralts is unwilling to give up or stop from attacking, not without damaging her pride. The Ice Punch hits Fizz right on the head, making it cry out in pain as a cold sensation is sent throughout his body. He looks at the Ralts with anger on his eyes before unleashing a red pulse of energy, sending the same damage Shuckle suffered twofold. The attacks hits the Ralts, knocking her to the ground. She struggles to get up, but seems to have sustained too much damage to continue, dropping to the ground. Level up for Shuckle! "Damn it Elize! Return!" The trainer seems furious as he clips the Pokéball to his belt, "You got lucky this time, don't expect to happen again if we meet!" He quickly runs off fuming, cursing as he runs off...

The Nidoran looks quite happy to be rid of the guy, but it still seems like she needs help to recover her energy back as she looks up to you, a little weak in the eyes and panting. A potion might help her a little, or maybe you can try to look for some help or a Pokémon Center. Fizz also doesn't seem to be doing well as he slowly hobbles back to you...

What will you do now?


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: The Chikorita nods at your request, ready to take over if necessary, as one of the Nidoran rushes towards Blazer, lowering its horn and jabbing Blazer with it as it Pecks him on his body, taking out a few feather from Blazer along with a small portion of his health. Blazer Growls as loudly as possible after the attack, effecting everyone on the field except Ponyta, lowering both Nidoran's attack power by intimidating them. The Nidoran backs down a little before Leering at Blazer, which fails until they make eye contact, sending a paralyzing jolt through Blazer's body, lowering his defense slightly. This makes Blazer concentrate on his next attack from a distance, creating blue flames and sending them towards the Nidoran with Will-o-Wisp. The flames touch the Nidoran and it squeaks in pain, while the attack doesn't damage it, it creates a burning sensation throughout its body. Looking slightly agitated by the attack, it sends a pawful of sand towards Blazer's face, some of it even entering its beak. Blazer tries to spit out the dirt from the Mud-Slap, but it seems to have taken great effect on the chick as his accuracy is lowered with some of the dirt going into his eyes and lowering his health slightly. The Nidoran looks on, quite happy, before Blazer sends a Flamethrower attack towards the Nidoran, who manages to evade the full blast of the attack by moving out of the way, but not quick enough as its paw is hit by the flames. The Nidoran yelps as the burn effect activates, taking health away as it disappears, but it doesn't look like it will give up anytime soon...

What will you do now?

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: "You really think you can help us with the poachers if you are not strong enough? You will only hinder our cause if you go with unprepared. We'll see if you are soon enough! Leavanny! Start this battle by confusing him with a Double Team. Then raise your strength by performing a Swords Dance and follow it up by using an Air Slash on him." Yolanda tries to go to the middle of the field, to maybe stop the battle but her father holds her back with one arm and shakes his head at her. Leavanny is the first to make a move as two copies of herself appear on the field as she moves around quickly with Double Team. Gaius looks at all the copies, unsure of which one to attack, until he finally makes a decision, filling his claw with steel energy, and punching a Leavanny, or the image as Gaius passes through the copy, disappearing afterwards. "Come on Gaius, you can do it! You too Ceasar!" Yolanda says encouragingly to you and Gaius, and although it seem rather odd that she is not cheering for her brother, she must realize that if you are good enough in a fight, they might be able to stop the poachers. Both Leavanny start to dance, raising their attack with each dance move of the Swords Dance as it is graciously performed. Gaius rushes to another Leavanny, and once again passes through it as the Bullet Punch hits the other copy, and gets hit himself with a wave of air, product of the Air Slash produced by the other Leavanny. She smirks as Gaius is hit, and gets hit by the quick movement of Gaius as he Bullet Punches her after her attack, but a wider grin appears across the Leavanny's face, as if to be enjoying the battle....

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.

Last edited by Itzatrap; 08-13-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 08-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #836
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge
 
ChaoticHell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
ChaoticHell83: "You really think you can help us with the poachers if you are not strong enough? You will only hinder our cause if you go with unprepared. We'll see if you are soon enough! Leavanny! Start this battle by confusing him with a Double Team. Then raise your strength by performing a Swords Dance and follow it up by using an Air Slash on him." Yolanda tries to go to the middle of the field, to maybe stop the battle but her father holds her back with one arm and shakes his head at her. Leavanny is the first to make a move as two copies of herself appear on the field as she moves around quickly with Double Team. Gaius looks at all the copies, unsure of which one to attack, until he finally makes a decision, filling his claw with steel energy, and punching a Leavanny, or the image as Gaius passes through the copy, disappearing afterwards. "Come on Gaius, you can do it! You too Ceasar!" Yolanda says encouragingly to you and Gaius, and although it seem rather odd that she is not cheering for her brother, she must realize that if you are good enough in a fight, they might be able to stop the poachers. Both Leavanny start to dance, raising their attack with each dance move of the Swords Dance as it is graciously performed. Gaius rushes to another Leavanny, and once again passes through it as the Bullet Punch hits the other copy, and gets hit himself with a wave of air, product of the Air Slash produced by the other Leavanny. She smirks as Gaius is hit, and gets hit by the quick movement of Gaius as he Bullet Punches her after her attack, but a wider grin appears across the Leavanny's face, as if to be enjoying the battle....

What will you do now?

"Ugh, damn it!" Caesar muttered gently under his breath, he glanced over at Yolanda as she cheered him on which lightened his mood a bit, but he kept the notion that this battle was going to be tough in the back of his mind. "You know there is more to Pokemon than strength. The same can be said for life in general." He called out in retaliation to his opponent.

Damn it! What can I do? That Swords Dance is going to be a major problem. I really need to stop him from getting anymore of them off.

"Gaius! Make sure he doesn't make anymore of those clones, or start dancing again! Give him a Quick Attack, then another Bullet Punch. Try ending by Focusing your Energy.
__________________
*** ACTIVE TEAM ***
Gaius Lv.5 Marcus Lv.7 Aurelia Lv. 2 Squirtle Lv. 6 Carnivine Lv. 1

ChaoticHell83 is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #837
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: Vesta tries to make direct eye contact with the Pawniard, trying to Leer at it. She manages to get their eyes to meet, which seems to work on the Pawniard, lowering its defense, but it still refuses to back down completely as it tries to intimidate Vesta itself as it Growls loudly, unsettling Vesta and lowering her attack a little. The surroundings are invaded by a dark cloud that is released from Vesta's mouth, with everyone coughing as the Smokescreen keeps expanding. The Pawniard tries to fruitlessly find where Vesta is, by hearing it's surrounding, though it is proving quite difficult as it Scratches the air right be Vesta, missing by a centimeter but giving her the Pawniard's position as she unleashes an Ember at the Pawniard, making it growl angrily as the fire attack takes away more health. It Slashes the air where it feels the attack came come, making Vesta yelp out in pain as she is hit by the attack in the arm.

The smokescreen seems like the perfect cover for you to ask Hugo and your Pokémon to run, that is if you manage to do it without alerting the people wanting to stop you from chasing you in the direction you are going, maybe giving you a few seconds head start, might even be enough to run away without a problem. Or you could always try another strategy to distract them or continue the fight, but with the smokescreen, it may be only a matter of time until other people see it and join in to help the guards...

What will you do?
Profile

As Pest had supposed, the sound of the Growl and the sight of the Leer managed to balance each other nicely. But the battle soon took a more interesting turn as Vesta spewed forth a thick black cloud of smoke that obscured everything. Listening intently to hear over the sound of her own coughing, Pest grinned for a moment at the sound of Pawniard stumbling; a faint flash of fire revealed Vesta's success of another hit. Then she bit her lip as Vesta yelped, due to the Slash attack.

Things are going fairly well, she decided, furrowing her brow as she considered the expanding Smokescreen. It probably won't be long before people from that event catch sight of it though. The guards' Pawniards weren't taken out, but they were quite injured. Not in the best shape for a chase ...

"Hugo!" she hissed in the direction of her companion, deeply hoping he could hear her and that the guards could not. "They know we're heading to the castle, but they don't know how we're planning to get in! If we dart off now, we can probably lose them in the bushes or something. And I don't know if you want to wait for more guards to show up. We'd better make a break for it while we can."

She patted Vesta's head affectionately; the Charmander was beginning to breathe heavily, but she certainly wasn't out of the fight. Still, she grasped at Vesta's Poke Ball with her other hand and returned her to it, ready to run for it when Hugo gave the word.


(OOC: the users of Leer and Growl are mixed up, though I don't know if that matters very much :P)

Last edited by Pest; 08-13-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Pest is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #838
Toyo
melon doggo
 
Toyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

Areas:
Burnt Forest Wastelands: Not much is known about this baron, sandy, dusty, dirty, burnt area. Some say it was once a lush, green forest that was the battlefield between two powerful fire pokemon. Now all that is left is burnt trees and charred earth.


"So, here we are Maxwell. Quite the hike, huh?" James asked his weasel-like companion, then turning to look at his exhausted body. Maxwell shot his trainer a glare, and the two looked around their surroundings. The wastelands were properly named- The landscaped was dotted with blackened or broken down trees, and the few patches of grass on the charred ground were a beige color. But that’s why they were here- To see if anything had survived the battle of fire pokémon, or whatever caused this forest to become… this.

Pit pit pit. James turned around to see Maxwell hitting his tail against the ground. His clever friend then jumped up and snatched the water bottle from his hand- Then struggled with the cap.
“Yeah, having the water bottle isn’t so helpful without thumbs.” James took the bottle from his hands and opened it for him, and Maxwell took a few gulps before handing it back.

“Well, this looks promising. Let’s go meet the locals, shall we?” James said, and walked forward, the Buizel right behind.
__________________

Last edited by Toyo; 10-16-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Toyo is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #839
DaisyInari
Making that sweet coin
 
DaisyInari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: In the workforce
Posts: 2,230
Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
The Rose Arch

DaisyInari¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

With Tuxedo Rose out of commission, it’s up to SUPER DAISY to save the day. You proudly declare your presence to the background of your own beat, provided by Sunshine. The Victreebel stops and stares at the strange pair of you with a mix of bewilderment and frustration, wrinkling its nose at your small stature and eruption of snot spilling out of your pocket. Its expression clearly indicates it’s had enough of dealing with annoying characters and obstacles for one day, wishing to simply enjoy its meal in peace.

Upon hearing your EGG-scrutiating joke, it groans and rolls its eyes, apparently already taking minor damage from the pain of having to endure such a lame pun. In retaliation, it boos your performance by flinging rotten produce – only it doesn’t actually bear fruit so it fires just the foliage. You duck to avoid a RAZOR-sharp LEAF, flinching as you feel it shave a few hairs off the top of your head. Sunshine quickly repositions to defend your face, wincing as the projectiles slice at her wings. Thanks to her plumage’s plush padding, most bounce harmlessly away. However, a few stars catch in the cotton, burying deep.

Hurt that the audience didn’t appreciate your joke, you decide the critic needs to cool off a bit before continuing. Sunshine douses the heckler with a sheet of ice and snow, making it shudder and stiffen. Lacking energy, its movement and jeers reduce slightly. However, it decides two can play at that game, and releases a cloud of STUN SPORE. The seeds settle mostly on Sunshine’s body, though a few stray ones tickle your nose, forcing your allergies to flare again. While you fight to control your incessant sneezing, Sunshine struggles to stay aloft as the spores start to weigh her down, locking her limbs.

However, Sunshine manages to surpass the stage hook by doubling her efforts to impress, beating her wings furiously enough to summon a tornatow. Victreebel’s eyes widen comically as it sees the cyclone approaching, and it deems the only desperate response is to fight wind with wind. It spins rapidly, forming a LEAF TORNADO of its own, which it sends forth to do battle with Sunshine’s servant. The tornatows roar and collide with each other, and Lilligant shields her eyes as the two titans clash for supremacy. You too are forced to stand back as the wind whips your hair, covering your nose as well to avoid more dust being blown in. Sunshine flaps even further to fuel her element, while Victreebel can only afford to add layers of leaves that almost immediately get ripped to shreds. As such, Sunshine appears to slowly gain an edge. She grins as the tornatow starts to move in the direction of her opponent, who panics and maximizes its exertion.

It seems its endeavors are not for naught, however, as the piles of leaves begin to build faster than they can be destroyed, congesting the airways. The leaves and spores clogging Sunshine’s cloud also start to take their toll as she tires. For but a brief moment, the two see evenly eye to eye, and there is a calm before the storm. Then, the opposing currents create a grand explosion, resulting in both competitors being knocked back. BOOM. THE END.

You try to catch Sunshine before she blasts off and becomes a star in the stratosphere, but the shreds of green makes it too hard to see. When the gales subside, your heart leaps to spot Sunshine a short distance away. As you approach however, you notice behind her a red backdrop, and you panic for a moment thinking that she might have crashed into a tree and produced a pool of blood. The red starts to flutter as fabric though, and to your relief you realize her fall was broken by the gentle cloak of Tuxedo Rose, who was woken by the noise. It casts you a gallant grin as it allows Sunshine to slide off the silk to safety, at the same time offering her a flower that causes her to flush the same color as the cape.

To your luck, it also looks like the leaves and spores were at least blown away by the wind, leaving your bird clean as a whistle (as well as sounding like one when you ask if she is okay). When you look to see how far the enemy was tossed, you sour to see it hanging from a tree by its vine, having grabbed on at the last moment to help ground itself. It lowers itself in a daze before spotting Lilligant and your group, shaking its head as it immediately remembers what it was supposed to be doing. It snarls at Sunshine, daring her to try such a trick again – to which Tuxedo Rose tsks and moves forth to defend her with a wink. Looks like Victreebel won’t give up the feast easily, and is now thinking of even adding chicken with herbs to the menu.

What will you do now?


~Profile~

"SUNSHINE!" Daisy cried out in terror as the mix of tornatows, leaves, and spores somehow made an ANIME EXPLOSION that harmed both parties. She could see the blue bird's body get flung back from the sheer power, and the little girl attempted to catch Sunshine before she could end up in another region. Slivers of grass obscured her vision however, and Daisy only managed to touch a cottony wing tip before losing sight of her precious friend. More screams erupted from the trainer, but the winds were too loud and muffled her voice. Heartbroken, Daisy crouched and covered her head as she waited for the gale to subside.

The howling sounds gradually died down and when the last few bits of shredded vegetation settled down, Daisy looked up from her protective position. Through teary eyes she spotted a splash of blue and white a short distance away. "Sunny, you're still here," the child whispered, and her tears of sorrow became to one of joy. As she wiped her face, Daisy's eyesight became a little more focused. With another glance she noticed something that she had missed before- a large area of red surrounding her pokemon. Joy almost descended back into sadness and panic until the "blood" started to flutter. Blinking rapidly to fully restore her vision, Daisy could now see the entire scene clearly.

The ANIME EXPLOSION would definitely have shot Sunshine into next week, but fortunately Tuxedo Rose had woken up from his state of unconsciousness
and managed to save the bird with his handy dandy red cloak. With a sigh of relief Daisy looked on and giggled as she watch her little bird get all flustered by Tuxedo Rose's charms. She picked herself up, running over to reunite with her friend with a big hug. "I thought I'd never see you again, Sunny. I love you so much~" Turning to Sunshine's savior, Daisy continued, "Thank you so, so much, Tuxedo Rose. You are truly a hero. And quite a dapper gentleman as well! I'm forever grateful." After a quick check to see how Lilligant was doing, the trainer deemed everyone was relatively unharmed from the blast. Even, much to Daisy's disappointment, the hungry Victreebel, who managed to use its vine like a trusty grappling hook and tether himself to a stable tree.

With Sunshine safe and sound, Daisy quickly returned to her cheery demeanor. "Okay! Time to get back in action, Sunshine! SUPER DAISY won't take a loss for an answer! It's time to FINISH THIS." The little girl shot a fist into the air in triumph, eliciting a loud chirp from her avian partner. Staring at the pitcher plant, Daisy's look became hardened. "I'm not gonna forgive you, mister. You had your chance." Something twitched within Daisy as she gave her orders.

"Give him a taste of your two Heatwaves. We're going to give him a taste of BURNINATION."

Last edited by DaisyInari; 08-13-2012 at 03:35 PM.
DaisyInari is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #840
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Sky Gate
YDT:
Deciding to let the interested parties seek you out, you scream to the nearest person your need for help in your adventure, only she looks at you, slightly startled and confused as she scuttles off away from you. It seems like your plan failed, that is until you feel someone tap your shoulder. "So, you are looking for some help? What do you need help with?" You hear a rather deep voice, which comes from the man that was right behind you, who tapped your shoulder. He looks you up and down, analyzing everything on you, "Also what do you have to offer in return for my help? I can help with anything, and I guarantee to do a good job. Name is Mitch by the way." He seems awfully sleek, with his brown hair reflecting the sunlight slightly with the gel he seems to be wearing with his hair spiked up slightly to the left side, wearing a blue-black stripped shirt that is covered partially by a dark grey cardigan and dark blue jeans, faded at the knees. He seems to exude a rather calming and charming vibe from him, and his light brown eyes seems to be hypnotizing. Something about him seems to tell you to be careful as he looks at you...

How will you respond?
"Wait come back!" Niles screams hopelessly at the woman as she scurries away. Niles is filled with sadness at the loss of a potential adventure. He then feels a tap on his shoulder, and is filled with excitement. Might this be another adventure? As Niles anticipated it was an offer for an adventure.

"Oh, I just want to go on an adventure! My name is Niles, Mitch. Hmmm, what do I have to give you? I think I wrote down a list of all my stuff here. If any of this stuff interests you I can give it to you. If not that I also have some candies and money." Niles replied eagerly, the thought of going on an adventure was very riveting. Niles then noticed something off about the man, his clothes, his attitude and his unusual friendliness. His father had told him about people like this.

"Are you a Honosexuall?" Niles asked without any regard for common courtesy or proper pronunciation.
YDT is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #841
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge
 
Kori Gotcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

The Oasis: A vast, desert-like area. Nothing but sand and stone for as far as the eye can see. In the distance there seems to be a bunch of palm trees and a lake, is it real or just a mirage? Pokemon and Trainers that can brave the vicious sandstorms just might be able to find out but beware! A mysterious dense fog in said to sometimes cover this entire area and when it does all sorts of strange things begin to happen..
Kori and Lee, his Combusken, walked through the desert, the sun beating down on them and the dry air blowing. It had been a while since Kori first started his adventure and walked out of Mediville. His team of Pokemon has been bolstered with some new additions and he felt that he was truly set on his path as a Pokemon trainer. "Combu! Combusken!" crowed Lee who was quite enjoying the heat of the desert. Kori guessed fire types wouldn't mind it but he was already feeling his lips drying and the sweat dripping. He had his blue hoodie tied around his waist and a baseball cap on his head to keep the sun out of his eyes but still, even with the cover, the desert was vast and bright.

"Having a good time Lee?" he said to his Combusken with a smile. The little fighter bird looked up at Kori with what would be considered a smile from his eyes. Kori continued through the desert and recalled back to why he was sent here in the first place.

***
It was about a week back when Kori was called in by the energetic and enigmatic Pokemon professor Maggie Fern. She was the Pokemon Professor who first gave Kori his Pokedex after his brother Mori gave him his baby Torchic. Her area of expertise was in the communication of Pokemon with her end goal being the invention of something or the understanding of Pokemon and humans the world over. Kori went to her lab, fully expecting to hear her stereo blasting with her favorite mambo music as well as find her dancing with her Pokemon assistant Ludicolo, but instead the lab was empty. He wandered about and couldn't figure out what was going on until he heard the familiar music blasting from behind him in her car.

"HEY KORI! GET IN THE CAR!" she yelled. Professor Maggie Fern was wearing her usual attire, her lab coat with her bellossom patterned dress, glasses, sunkern earrings and curly orange hair. She waved at Kori through the window and her assistant pokemon Ludicolo was dancing in the passenger side seat. The roof of her car was loaded with all kinds of computers and equipment that were covered under a tarp. Kori hurried to the car and climbed into the back seat.

"Hey Maggie, whats going on?!" asked the clearly confused Kori who had to yell over her music. Maggie turned the music in her car off and turned around.

"Do you have any swimming trunks?" she asked mysteriously.

"Uhhh....." started Kori.

"Like it matters anyway, we're going off to sea!" she yelled. Kori could barely ask "What?" before she slammed her foot down and sped off to the docks. Maggie was a force of nature on the road, weaving in and out of empty spots at breakneck speeds. Kori was pressed back into the seat because of the g-forces. Before he even knew it, they were already at the docks, Ludicolo already helping to offload the equipment that was strapped to the roof. Kori peeled himself off of the seat and crawled out of the car.

"What are we doing?" coughed Kori between gasps of air and heaves of car sickness kicking in.

"Like I said, we're going out to sea. My computers have been getting some strange readings out there and I need to get some physical samples for my Pokemon research. My computer is receiving readings of what could be Pokemon Communication but in a wavelength that I haven't seen before. My research has already discovered that Pokemon of 1 type speak to others of that same type in a similar wavelength. That's how Pokemon like Squirtle are able to understand other water types like Finneon, but the mystery of how water types can speak to other pokemon like Fire types has always eluded me. It wouldn't surprise me that I haven't found all of the different wavelengths of the Pokemon language. I'm hoping that these readings are leading me to that frequency and if not, then hopefully a new form of Pokemon communication that I haven't heard yet!"

She explained in her usual excited tone. She grabbed some more equipment off of the top of the car and headed towards a large Krabby boat that was floating off of the dock. Ludicolo and the Professor hauled their computers and equipment onto the boat and Kori followed.

"So.......I think I get where you going to go with this...." said Kori, catching on to what is bound to be the Professor's request.

"That's right! This boat is gonna take us to the location of the frequency and you are going to go and search it out when we get there!" she said with a large smile. Kori knew it was coming. He breathed deep and smiled back.

"No problem Professor!" said Kori. As a pokemon trainer, Kori was ready for the challenge to discover unknown places and hopefully meet new Pokemon. He also knew that he owed the Professor for helping him and his family in the first place. One thing puzzled Kori though. "Why did you ask if I had a swimsuit by the way?" he asked. Just as he said that, the professor, Maggie Fern whipped off her lab coat and her Bellosom dress came off and flew towards Ludicolo who caught the flying fabric. Kori looked at his Professor who was sporting a bikini that made him blush. He's never seen this side of any pokemon professor before.

"Well, we're gonna be on the boat for a while, might as well get some sun!" she said as she walked onto the boat and set up a folding chair where the professor laid back, Ludicolo rushing to serve her a fresh daiquiri. Kori took a moment to process everything that just happened and stepped onto the boat. It was about 3 days later of checking computer readings, fishing, playing music and dancing with Ludicolo and suntanning that they finally reached their spot, a vast desert island. Professor Fern manned the computers and checked the readings.

"Yep, it's definitely somewhere out there. A frequency that I haven't heard of just yet. I'll be giving you a recording device and camera so be sure to do your best and find what it is that's out there." she ordered. Kori accepted the items and put them in his backpack.

"What are you going to be doing Professor?" asked Kori. The professor adjusted her glasses and looked at Kori in a matter of factly manner.

"I'm gonna stay here and keep an eye on the readings of course, but be careful. You've got your Pokemon with you but be sure to take precautions and call if your ever in too much trouble. Now get going!" she said. Kori hopped off of the boat and set off into the desert.

***

Kori kept at a decent pace wandering through the sand and emptiness wondering what it was exactly that he was supposed to be looking for, but in his mind, the anticipation of discovery was part of the game. He and Combusken were well on their way.
__________________

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 08-17-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Kori Gotcha is offline  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #842
lilbluecorsola
Snek fam
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for time
Posts: 4,508
Trapinch Love is noise, love is pain, love is these blues that I'm singing again...

(For those of you unaware, this is YUKI.N.)

Welcoming Kori Gotcha to my group. Please remember to post in Size 1 and include a link to your profile. Thank you. =)

Sky Gate

Shadowshocker – Weighing your options, you decide the balloon game to be your safest bet for now. You usher Jacob along, keeping care not to attract attention as you slip into the gathering crowd. You watch as the woman gives her speech, memories of when and where you saw her before stirring to the surface…

“Greetings! My name is Taryn, and welcome to the Sky Festival! I have here a challenging little game for all of you to play. See my friend Pikachu behind me? The goal will be to help get him down from the sky once I release the rope! Each of you will take turns firing, and the one to pop the last balloon gets a prize! But if you hit Pika, you receive a penalty and will have to skip a turn! That’s a big no-no!

But rest assured, there’s no need to worry as we’ve taken a number of safety precautions. Pika’s wearing a protective suit specially designed to absorb Pokémon attacks.” As she says this, you realize the rodent’s entire body is in fact wrapped in some kind of rubbery substance, a pair of thick goggles yet to be pulled over his eyes completing the ensemble. “He’s also got an emergency parachute for landing, and my Altaria will be FLYing underneath to spot him. In addition, my Alakazam will be tracking his movements closely, and is prepared to catch him with PSYCHIC powers in case anything goes wrong.” She points to the humanshape Pokémon nearby, who waves his spoon at the crowd. “He is also instructed to use KINESIS – or whatever he deems the most effective maneuver at his disposal – if any attacks happen to go into the fairgrounds, but I trust you can keep them under control.”

At this remark, her eyes suddenly become ice as she shoots a freezing glare into the audience, daring one of you to try any funny business. As the cool orbs scan to ensure full compliance, they pause upon you, and widen briefly before softening. “Ah, if I’m not mistaken, you were there at…” Taryn murmurs softly, then remembers her stance and shakes her head, smiling professionally once again as she straightens to address the mass.

“To make things more difficult, Alakazam may also randomly use the move to redirect your attacks from Pika. We’ll also be releasing a number of balloons to act as decoy targets, though if you hit a balloon at any point – including Pika’s which count for more – you’ll earn points which can be redeemed for more rewards at the end. Plus! A few of them even have tickets for extra prizes attached to the bottom. Which brings me to the final phase of the game: Whoever is the first to find Pika, wherever he lands within the fair, and return with the voucher he’s carrying will win the ultimate prize! For this part you are allowed to pass off to a tag team member if you wish, but only one of you can search for Pika. The shooter must stay behind. So here’s the twist: A trainer can partake in the shooting round, and custom-made peashooters will be provided. As a handicap, Alakazam will not interfere with human participants (unless of course their aim presents a danger). This can free a Pokémon, or if you prefer, another person to look for Pika, as well as pick up any prize permits along the way. The only trick is that you can’t have two Pokémon playing both phases. TELEPORT is also disallowed, though FLYing is permitted for the second phase. So plan your strategies wisely!”

Taryn turns to her two assistants, Altaria and Alakazam, who both nod, before confirming the readiness of the target himself. Pika prepares to take flight by drawing the goggles down, and gives his trainer a thumbs-up. She beams approvingly and faces the crowd again.

“Well then, I think that’s it. Do we have any takers? How about you, sir?”

She extends her hand pointedly in your direction. You’re not sure what the initial intent behind her gaze is, but you catch her voice trailing off as she notices Jacob standing beside you for the first time. She pales almost as white as her dress, looking like she had just witnessed a ghost. “Ahem. Your young… Friend can play too if he likes.”

What will you do?

Talon87¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Fountain Garden

dosuser¤Link to Your Last Update¤


The Rose Arch

DaisyInari – You run and scoop Sunshine up in your arms, glad to see she is safe and almost wanting to scold her so she’ll never ever scare you like that again. Instead you settle for a hug and reminder of how much you love her. Tuxedo Rose looks on the loving scene with a smile, satisfied with its work. You turn to it and offer profuse thanks, bobbing your head up and down until you’re dizzy. Tuxedo Rose simply holds up a bouquet, beseeching silence. A true hero needs no thanks, it seems to say.

You and Sunny both sigh, starstruck. However, this doesn’t mean SUPER DAISY will stand down. It’s time to get back in the game! Tuxedo Rose steps forward first however, insisting two lovely ladies such as yourselves should take a seat and watch it perform wonders. You and Sunshine exchange worried looks, recalling its earlier example of so-called “prowess”. Tuxedo Rose coughs and waves it off, claiming it was holding back so as to prevent seriously harming its opponent, whom it must have misjudged. Now it will show you its true power.

Well… Can’t argue with that. You decide to let Tuxedo Rose usher the two of you back for now, admittedly somewhat eager to see if it can actually pull off something spectacular this time. Tuxedo Rose turns around and faces the fuming Victreebel, tut tutting at such despicable actions before suddenly taking flight – or at least jumping very high. You and Sunshine watch in awe as it soars across the field, its cape blocking the sun as it gains a golden glow. You cheer loudly as it comes in for a kick, but Victreebel’s eyes narrow and it WHIPs out its VINEs again, wrapping around the Roserade’s leg. Tuxedo Rose gasps and falls, dangling helplessly as Victreebel swings it back and forth. You facepalm as you watch the hapless hero flail through your fingers. Fail.

Victreebel lightly flicks Tuxedo Rose with its leaf, laughing as the victim can only sway limply in response. A grin lights over Victreebel as an idea occurs to it, and it starts to whirl Roserade around above its head like a lasso, building up great speed before letting the projectile fly. Unfortunately having no blanket this time to support it, you cringe as Roserade crashes headlong into a tree and slides back down with spirals in its eyes, once again knocked out.

Well, that does it. No more miss nice gal. You order Sunny to BURNINATE that mean son of a beech, and she is only too glad to oblige. Summoning the FIRES OF RAGE within her, she blasts Victreebel with an intense wave of flames, leaving a charred black plant blinking comically. If this were a cartoon, you would expect it to pause a moment before turning into a pile of ash with a pair of googly eyes on top.

However, the pain sensors kick back in, and it shrieks loudly, reminding you that this is very much reality. Still, you’re not through with your revenge yet. You coldly command Sunshine to discharge another shot, and though tired, she begins to gradually gather another blaze in her belly. The first one was to pay for hurting Sunshine, this time it’s Roserade’s turn. For the honor of Tuxedos!

“LILLIGANT!”

To your astonishment, the Lilligant suddenly throws herself in front of Victreebel, holding her arms out as a shield. Sunshine startles and closes her beak, sweating and flustering as her cheeks turn red, bulging from the build-up of energy. You wave your arms wildly, worried she’s almost about to burst. Finally she heeds the warning and swallows, belching a small cloud of smoke and blushing almost as bright as before.

You breathe in relief, and turn curiously to Lilligant, who is currently patting Victreebel kindly on the back. It coughs and raises a vine to indicate it’s okay, and Lilligant smiles… Then smacks the pitcher so hard it nearly overturns. Shocked, Victreebel turns back with a hurt look, nursing its bruise with a leaf. You stare in confusion as Lilligant continues to scold the much larger creature until it shrinks under its foliage, wondering what the heck is going on. Wasn’t that Victreebel trying to eat Lilligant a moment ago? Why is it letting its meal chew it out instead, not to mention why would a prey defend its predator in the first place?

Looks like you’ll soon get your answer, as Lilligant approaches you with a subdued Victreebel in tow. Lilligant bows before you, pushing the pitcher plant to do the same. They then start to explain the whole situation to Sunshine, who looks a little hurt by the news but translates dutifully to her trainer. Tapping into your WING-WHISPERER attribute, you understand her words perfectly.

“Ms. Lily knows Mr. Rose has a crush on her, but he’s too shy to tell her! He’s only brave when he wears his mask and cape! He’s not really a hero, but he pretends to be one to try and impress her. She likes him either way, so she thought she’d set up an opportunity for him to save her and confess his feelings~”

The Victreebel cleared its throat at this juncture, and Sunshine added, “Victreebel is actually her cousin! His name’s Victor!”

Lily shot Victor a look, and he lowered his head, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly with a vine – although looking a little less sorry than perhaps he should. His sister rolled her eyes and sighed.

“But, it didn’t work out quite as planned. For one, this ‘big brute’ kept going overboard, even though he claims he was just teasing. And they didn’t expect the two of us show up!”

As Sunshine puffs her chest up proudly for some reason, Lily goes over to check on Tuxedo Rose, finding him still blissfully asleep and unaware. She leans over and plants a kiss on his forehead, and you can’t help but d’awww at the scene. Something tugs at your little heartstrings, playing a somewhat sad song for the star-crossed couple. You’d like to help these two lovers get together, but how?


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You mull the proposition for a moment. Searching for a rare berry that may or not exist in order to secure an audience with an old owl who may or may not accept your offer – or even know anything about Linguistite for that matter – sounds like a possible waste of time and energy. Still… If it gets you one step closer to the stone you seek, perhaps it is at least worth a try.

You recall Terrance to save him the trouble of making the trip to the falls on his turtle trunks, and invite the lighter Zapz up to your head. Once your group is all set for travel, the grumpy guide and lovely assistant lead the way to…

Rainbow Waterfalls

The waters wave to greet the party as it makes its presence. Here, rainbows not only soar, but swim as well, as the clear surface reflects the sky. The two mice conduct you along the current until you reach a row of rocks, which run roughly across the width of river. They stop and point towards the opposite bank, where you can spot a peculiar plant growing. Its flower bears but a single fruit, bursting with every color imaginable. From the looks of it, you imagine it could very well contain every flavor as well. Your mouth waters at the prospect.

Plusle smiles and makes to begin crossing, but Minun pulls it back, pointing out a large gap between the final few stones and the shore. Plus when you adjust for perspective, the pedestals’ sizes gradually regress. It indicates a fallen log much further downstream, which would serve as a sturdier bridge. Minun starts to continue heading towards the log, but Plusle pouts, thinking it a waste to travel so far when the prize and a direct path to it was right here. Before you or Zapz can act, it’s already jumped onto the first boulder. A few more hops and it’s at the center.

Sensing no one is following, Minun turns around to tell the three of you to get a move on. It then pales upon seeing its partner over two thirds of the way across, perched precariously on a surface area no greater than a pebble’s. It calls and flails its arms in panic, but Plusle merely waves back, unable to hear over the rush of the rapids. It gestures towards the blossom, seeming to imply that it’ll grab the berry and be right back. Minun bites its lips and shakes its head, not at all reassured by this suggestion. However, it can do nothing but watch in terror as Plusle primes itself to make the last leap of faith…

SPLASH!

Minun’s fears are realized as Plusle just misses the target and falls into the water. Its paws reach for the side, scraping a section of rich soil, but it merely crumbles away as silt. In desperation, it manages to grab one of a number of overhanging vines and attempts to cling on/climb it to safety, but the line soon snaps from the demand on its life. Its single saving grace gone, Plusle can only cry out as the torrent swiftly sweeps it away. Minun races after along the sand, keeping pace but unable to do more than shout encouragement. You gulp as you glance down to see where the pair is headed. Sure enough, straight towards a fuming waterfall.

Minun sees it too, and exerts an extra burst of speed, managing to pull ahead. It seems to be heading for the log to try and prevent Plusle’s progress past that point. However, it would obviously be impossible for such a small body to draw another up from that height.

What will you do?


Flame Mistress¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

After performing a quick background check on the fanatic feline, you determine it to be harmless, if a bit of an enthusiast. There should be no danger in letting it tag along backstage on your tour, to be constantly close to its idol. In fact, it might be fun having your own little groupee in the group. Flare’s eyes beg you to reconsider, but as her producer, you only recognize fame and personal gain. Trust you, this will be a great chance for publicity. She wanted to be a star, now’s her chance. Start with one fan, and build up a following. Yes, it’s the perfect plan. Your mind describes Flare onstage after her performance, when Skitty suddenly appears from the side, bringing the overwhelmed Vulpix a bouquet of roses and posing with her for photos… (Before probably attacking the mic and getting tangled up on the wires, but don’t worry, that’s all part of the appeal. The audience will definitely eat it up!)

Lost in your own little fantasy, you lean down to congratulate the lucky hometown resident for being chosen among thousands. To receive a rare chance to accompany a celebrity’s rise to renown, what could be more exciting? However, the Skitty suddenly freezes upon sensing your hand above its head. Something is wrong. Its beady eyes, already barely visible between folds, narrow to sheer slits in suspicion, and before you can backtrack…

MROOOOOOOOWR!

Leaving little time to flee, the cat instantly leaps upon your face and starts to scratch violently. Its claws even insinuate in large clumps of your hair, pulling at the root in the process of removing them. You shriek and grab its sides while Flare frets fruitlessly at your feet, unsure what to do. At length – and at least – you manage to forcefully pry the feral ball of fur off, facing it away from you to prevent its flailing paws from doing any more damage to your poor complexion (though they merely switch targets to your arms and wrists). Unfortunately, its behind turns out to be just as dangerous as the front. Its TAIL WHIPs furiously back and forth, finishing with a fierce DOUBLESLAP that leaves two burning red marks on your cheeks. Perhaps inviting it to play wasn’t such a fun idea after all.

Finally, as if the facial torture wasn’t enough, its tiny teeth bite down hard on the hand that tried to pet it, causing you to yelp and wave it desperately around. The stubborn creature clings on with all its might, its long tail swishing further to complete the crescent by touching the ground. Like a pendulum, it keeps perfect time. In fact, its perpetual smile almost seems to suggest it’s enjoying the free ride. Despite the additional (and might you add undeserved) pain, you begin to appreciate the impossibility Flare faced in trying to shake the darn thing off.

At last, you succeed in dislodging the weight with a long shot, sending it soaring in a radial arc towards the lone cherry tree in the distance. It hits the trunk with a thud that frees several petals, raining down on its dazed head. You wince, feeling immediately sorry. You hadn’t meant to throw it that fast or far, but panic removed all personal inhibition.

As you approach to try and apologize, the Skitty recognizes you and immediately jumps to its feet, bridging its back. It then scampers up the bark before coming to rest on a high branch, hissing down at you through the foliage. You sigh, wondering what you could have done to scar it so badly – aside from the accidental pitch, of course. (Pausing to examine your own outer wounds, you’re relieved to find the fine lines are at least rather light. It is a kitten after all. Some medicine should hopefully do the trick.)

At that moment, your Pokédex starts to beep. Curious, you open it up again. To your amazement, the digital encyclopedia inflates itself with new knowledge.

“Enabling backlog. Version 4.2 entry.”

Oh, right. Apparently this thing comes equipped with a backwards compatibility feature. You must have conveniently “forgot” about it.

“Skitty, the Kitten Pokémon. It's adorable when it chases its own tail. It's difficult to earn its trust.”

Ah, so it doesn’t trust you yet. Got it. You’re about to stow the device away again when it continues:

“Ver. 3.2 entry. It is said to be difficult to earn its trust. However, it is extremely popular for its cute looks and behavior.”

Okay, you get the picture…

“Activating translation mode.” (Disclaimer: This is only a trial test. The unit is still undergoing development.)

Whoa, since when did technology become so advanced?

“Accessing Mystery Dungeon reports. Approximating message based on observation. At 51%-100% HP, Skitty states, ‘I'm finicky about friends, but I can fight with you.’”

To your surprise, a smug smiley face suddenly pops up on the screen.

“In summary: Don’t count your Torchic before they’ve hatched. :-)”

All right, you’ve heard enough. You slam the Pokédex shut, but it continues to flash and make all sorts of annoying sounds until you stuff it in your bag, shoving it angrily underneath layers of items. You make a note to get it checked out later, and possibly give the snarky programmer a piece of your mind. Meanwhile, Skitty continues to watches from above with a mix of caution and confusion.

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest

Charminions – Securing the girl in your arms, you and your Pokémon start running for all you’re worth, deciding to leave poor Combee behind to die. You can’t be concerned about that right now though as the rest of its comrades are about to attack. Calling back to your Combusken and Sneasel whom you summoned for the purpose of protecting, you order them to defend if any of the pursuers get too close. They nod and shoot blasts of fire and ice at the vanguard, making the members drop like flies. However, their ranks are just as regularly replaced, a never-ending cycle. Seeing the second wave pull ahead, you panic and put on more speed.

Soon, the queen herself claws her way to the front. Before any of you can act, she drapes herself in darkness and tackles Apollo in hot PURSUIT, dealing intense damage due to his fleeing stance. She then turns to Osage and slashes with her CUTTERs in FURY, causing him to squeal in pain. To rub salt rocks on the wound, she charges up two bright POWER GEMs and fires them at both, sending them sprawling in opposite directions. You cry out in fear for their safety, and then your own as the Combee start to close in on you…

FWOOSH.

An intense burst of flame flies in front of Vespiqueen from the left, while simultaneously a beam of frost meets it from the right. The two attacks collide and cause a small-scale explosion, kicking up a cloud of smoke and cool mist. Realizing the opening your partners created, you congratulate them on their clever cooperation and quickly escape in the confusion. Out of the corner of your eye, you spot the half-frozen, half-cooked Vespiqueen ORDERing her minions to HEAL her injuries and smile. Good. With their leader out of commission, that’ll keep them occupied for a while.

As soon as both the sight and sound of the bugs are far from your mind, the three of you collapse against a tree, breathing a sigh of relief. You carefully examine your own Pokémon, frowning to find they apparently took a rather harsh beating. Still, it’s nothing compared to what you probably would’ve faced had they not come to your rescue, and for that you are eternally grateful.

At this moment, the body in your arms starts to stir. Sleepy eyes flutter open, blinking beautifully in the sun. When they see they face of the charming prince hovering overhead, they fly open wide and…

SMACK.

Oh for crying out loud. Her fist squarely meets your jaw this time, jarring painfully to the point of nearly twisting. If she were stronger the force might have even dislocated it. Still, you can practically feel your teeth and cranium collide. You drop her like a hot potato, and the girl rather resembles a sack of them as she dumps unceremoniously to the ground. You ignore her indignant squeals however, tears almost welling up as you focus on rubbing your poor chin. What did you ever do to deserve such punishment today?

Suddenly the girl sits up and glances around anxiously for something, scrambling on all fours. She stares at you accusingly, and you give an inward grown, wondering what you could’ve possibly done to wrong her now.

“My flowers! We have to go back for them!”

And then, quite astonishingly, she adds in a quieter voice: “Please.”

You notice beads in her blue eyes, as well as the fact that she winces whenever she puts weight on her wounded wrist. …Though you’re not sure whether that’s the cause.

How will you respond?

takkupanda¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

In desperation, Broly attempts to lock eyes with the Beedrill. At this point, its pure pools only seem to see scarlet. A sea of blood, reflections of rage. Though frenzied movements make contact difficult, Broly eventually succeeds in snapping the soldier to attention. Its limbs stiffen in recognition of a strict superior. Meanwhile, Broly salutes to an even higher position. The planet’s general commander beams with approval, restoring his health in honor of valor.

Upon seeing its rival suddenly awarded, insurgence surges through the lower rank. It refuses the order to continue the war and stubbornly ROOSTs on the earth, seeking to restore its own wounded wing. The tattered white flag of truce. Broly either ignores or is ignorant of the symbol, simply taking advantage of the peace to rub his paws together, sparking flame. He then launches a surprise siege, cutting off the supply of oxygen by striking the stationary bug’s abdomen.

The insect gasps and glares, aghast at the use of such a foul maneuver. Some dignified dog, he definitely did not deserve distinction or decoration. Still, despite the severe blow to both its belly and its pride, its passive strategy seems to have paid off, as it appears refreshed and ready to return to duty. It rises up and RUNs at Broly, hammering in the lesson of proper field practice like a DRILL sergeant. Broly grunts as his body digs into the ground from the force of the attack, quelling flame for the moment.

The Beedrill isn’t done yet, as it decides to try a dirty little trick of its own by scattering TOXIC SPIKEs across the ground, effectively turning it into a minefield. One wrong move and your Pokémon could be blown sky-high poisoned. Unfortunately, as Broly attempts to regain his footing, he accidentally triggers the trap. He howls as a thorn pierces his paw, poison seeping into his veins. Licking the oozing blood in an effort to stem the flow only serves to steepen the pain. His stomach lining soon starts to burn from ingesting further toxins, causing Broly to whine and curl up into a ball, having never experienced a fire this strong in his belly before. Beedrill rubs its needles with glee, pleased to see its Trojan takeover was a triumph. The gloves are off now; nobility has no place on the battlefield.

Nova is clearly concerned for its comrade, but knows better than to try and navigate such a danger zone at the risk of its own life. Instead it falls back on guerrilla tactics, concealing itself once again against the background as it also takes time to recoup. The other Beedrill buzzes in frustration, growing tired of this ploy. However, a good warrior knows that even waiting has its advantages. While unable to accomplish much else, it bides the time by training its body, limbering up to boost AGILITY.

A flash, followed by an invisible pulse. The moment of movement comes. Thanks to its speedy reaction, Beedrill shaves seconds off the strike, springing its snare on the source. All of a sudden Nova finds itself completely caught in an ELECTROWEB. The Beedrill salivates over its success, and BITEs down on the form of its helpless victim, now exposed through the network. The BUG forces a system failure, as Nova’s renewed firewall shuts down again.

With one partner polluted and the other taken captive, things are looking grim for your group. However, the Beedrill are also showing signs of slowing down, having built up a number of battle burns and scars.

*Growlithe has been POISONed*

What will you do now?


Rock Garden

blazeVA¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151¤Link to Your Last Update¤

RoseradeX – You settle the matter with the Surskit, and it spins with joy. Vine views you with slight concern, wondering if you’re really prepared to act as a bodyguard. You smile to reassure her, and attempt to elevate. However, your body fails to stir. Something is wrong. Had the mud or a monster claimed your soles? No, but your soul was sinking. Thinking. About what you found. What was left behind. And what lay ahead. Deep darkness. You realize you are afraid of more than just shadows, the behemoths you might behold within. It is the feeling of not knowing where or who you are, of being both without direction and light. Your mind is already more than murky maze, to plunge your physical being into the same sensation scares you beyond belief.

Yet, compassion overcomes. You wish to help the Surskit no matter what. And to do that, you are willing to face down the demons – even if they are your own. Perhaps the shadows may hold secrets for you as well. If you can navigate past the pitfalls, whether presented by the caves or produced simply by panic, you may finally discover what you are seeking.

Gradually, your hands unfurl, and they push the rest of your body up by degrees. Vine contemplates the opportunity to take her normal perch on your back before you fully raise, but decides she’d rather stay with Surskit. The two seem to have formed a fast friendship while you were asleep. You wonder what they could have been up to without your watch. Turning expectantly to the guide, you ask where to go.

This time it’s the Surskit’s turn to solidify, staring at the sand like it was some kind of foreign substance. Seems it wasn’t kidding about never leaving the water. You and Vine kindly coax and encourage. It skirts the side, assessing the silt until it discovers what it deems to be a secure deposit, a perfect safe patch. Very gradually, it lifts one leg and places it gently on the ground, eyes squeezed tight as if afraid it will fall through. When nothing happens, it slowly opens one eye and tries the other leg, followed by the second and back. Soon it is standing firm on all four feet. It blushes a bit upon your congratulations, but waves proudly.

Walking is another story however. It takes Surskit a few minutes to figure out how to coordinate its balance as it takes single steps at a time, like a baby learning how to toddle. Without the inconsistency of water underneath, it appears even more prone to wobbling than if a wave came and crashed into it. It soon gets the hang of it however, and even begins to bounce up and down in joy. Waddling forward to take the lead, it indicates its leg in a certain direction, and you gladly follow it to the…


Rock Garden

A stark contrast to the world of colors left behind, this land consists of only grey. Yet, it possesses its own form of beauty. Striking stones tower strong, exuding silent splendor. You marvel at the monoliths, each its own story, carved by climate and age. Hard, enduring. A testament to time, they are not only Nature’s best and bravest soldiers, but survivors.

Surskit seems to sniff the air, testing with its own antenna. It closes its eyes and listens, calmly attuning to the ambiance. You attempt the same, but hear nothing out of the ordinary. However, Surskit seems to have picked up on something, as it perks up and points towards a nearby cave. As you approach and peer profoundly into the gloom, you start to succumb to terror once again. Perhaps it would be best to turn back. Something tells you the shadows hold no secrets that would satisfy… Only sorrow.

You feel Surskit cling to your leg, and snap back to your surroundings. That’s right, you made a promise to protect, and it would be discordant not to keep it. Besides, whatever waits for you within those walls, you would rather know now than never. Taking a deep breath, you and the two Pokémon boldly enter to explore the earth.

Soon, you find yourself drenched in darkness. Feeling the walls, you pitch forward blindly, regularly stopping to make sure your companions stick close. After a while of walking, you begin to hear strains of something. A song. At the same time, a soft glow warms its way into your heart. Before you are two corridors. The beacon beckons from the left, while the music marches away to the right. Surskit grows excited, ignoring the brightness and instead pulling you towards the melody.

However, the tune is suddenly interrupted by a screech. A blue bat dives before your face, causing you to stumble back. Surskit squeals in panic as you nearly step on it, but thankfully Vine manages to pull it aside in time. Meanwhile, the Zubat hovers overhead, glaring distastefully between the three of you. It’s clearly intent on not letting any of you past this point.

What will you do?


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha – After a few days of fun, sun, and perhaps seasickness, the professor drops you off at your destination. Surprisingly (or perhaps not considering the kind of slave driver you’re dealing with), there is nothing but sand as far as the eye can see. You turn to miss Maggie for instructions, but she merely shoos you off without even so much as providing provisions. (She at least remembers to hand you a recorder and camera, though you're not sure those will help satisfy your body's needs when it's stuck in the middle of the desert without access to food or water.) Never one to question your mad mambo-loving mentor for whom the mission comes first, you shrug and set off without direction or intention, let alone a timeframe to be back. You only know you’re looking for a “frequency” that will forward the research of Pokémon communication. …How on earth you’re supposed to find something so intangible – especially without any tools to locate – you have no idea.

At least you have one companion with you on this tortuous trek. Lee the Combusken marches before you, arms swinging side to side as he whistles a merry tune, basking in the warmth. Meanwhile, you remove your hoodie and tie it around your waist, removing your cap to wipe the sweat off your brow before replacing it to block the brightness. Despite these measures, the heat makes your body burn beyond belief. Before long, you’re even starting to see visions. At first you dream of things like pools and waterfalls and cola machines. You know, the usual desires of a person about to die from dehydration. Every time you see a lake in the distance you deeply wish you had brought a pair of swimming trunks after all (even though chances are you would’ve left them on the boat), despite knowing it’s but the trick of a mind addled by thirst.

Still, there is something odd. The foggy scene suddenly starts to solidify, describing an image far stronger than the ones previous. You see… A boy? And his Sandslash staring at what appears to be some sort of frog. Confused, you try and catch up to them, only to find the figures fade before your eyes, collapsing to dust. You turn to Lee to question if he saw the mirage too, and to your surprise he nods. Checking his forehead temperature, you confirm he seems to be feeling fine, no sign of heart stroke thanks for his fire-retardent feathers. So then what could’ve been the cause of such a rare shared hallucination?

While the two of you puzzle over this, you hear a strange squeal. A weaving, wailing pitch that almost reminds you of a song. You can’t tell where it’s coming from. Could this possibly be the frequency? You strain closer, hoping to pinpoint the source. Unfortunately, trying to tune without an instrument is impossible. There’s just too much static, raw noise. Junk.

Too late you think to reach for the recording device, but at that very moment the resonance recedes, and is soon replaced by a loud snapping sound, coming from nearby your base. Looking down, you leap in surprise to see a Trapinch nipping playfully at your toes. Your Combusken primes a pose for combat, but the Ant Pit Pokémon simply grins, allowing you to notice what appears to be a… Well, you’re not exactly sure of the shape, but it seems like a sparkling piece of purple crystal clamped tight in its jaws. Curious.

Suddenly, you feel your feet start to sink, and stumble back in shock. The sand beneath you has turned to a slow swirl, drawing towards the focus. You and Lee scramble to safety, however the Trapinch waves calmly at you before swimming straight towards the center, burying deep and vanishing into the void. …It might have been your imagination, but you could have sworn it was telling you to follow.

What do you do?

Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 02-17-2014 at 12:53 PM.
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #843
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #36 (08/16/2012)

Welcome to my group Tyoyo3131! Hope you enjoy your stay in the Cloud Garden!

Sky Gate
YDT:
The man chuckles as he hears you say that, "Haha. A homosexual? No, I'm not gay. But let me see what you have to offer." He grabs your list and examines it closely, before you see a lightbulb go off on top of his head after a minute of staring at the list, "Well I see nothing that interests me in this list, but since you are looking for an adventure how about you help me search for a Clefairy in Comet's Corner? I'm a jack of all trades, mainly photographer/model as you can probably tell." He flashes you a white smile as he says that, "And this is my partner, Fabian." He reaches for the back part of his belt, and throws up a cherry colored ball into the air, releasing a spectacular show of light, with a Lucario emerging from the disappearing lights, with a camara around his neck. "Hey, I was looking for that!" Mitch takes the camara from the Lucario, under slight protest and puts it around his own neck. "Anyway I want to get a Clefairy to star in my next photoshoot, with their cuteness I will be famous in no time! What do you say? Wanna join me?" The Lucario looks on, anxiously awaiting your answer, moreso than his trainer.

How will you respond?


Rainbow Road
Pest: (Sorry about that, knew I had to fix something but forgot about it, sorry ^^;) Hugo grinned as you both saw this as the perfect opportunity to escape. Barely being able to see through the smoke, he grabs a Pokéball and with a low flash, Bagon returns safely to his Pokéball. "Let's go!" He says in a hushed tone, before stopping for a second and looking back, and saying this loud enough for the guards to hear, "Bagon, hang in there buddy, use Flamethrower twice on both Pawniards!" He grabs your hand and points to the side of what was once Rainbow Road, that now has a few trees on it. You look back and see the smoke is still covering your escape, and the guards don't seem to be chasing you yet. Before long you can see the smoke from a distance, and it appears that you are safe, at least for now. "Hoooweee, that was close!" Hugo says, with a big smile on his face.

After walking for a while, the castle seems closer than ever, and you're finally able to grasp the full size of this castle as you hide in the trees around it with Hugo. It is easily at least 200,000 feet square, with the moat being at least 200 feet from the edge of the castle to the colorless land. Then you notice as you get closer to the edge of the moat, what appears to be water, but it is a dark color, and it is at least 20 feet down to the surface of the water to where you are, and it seems to be quite deep after the 20 feet drop, with even darker shadows roaming in the water scattered about and swimming. Hugo takes a Pokéball from his bag and releases a turtle Pokémon who yawns loudly "Tirrrrrr", Hugo bends down next to the Tirtouga, grunting as he lifts him in his arms, who seems rather happy, and drowsy at the same time.

"Anyway, here is the plan, we are going to have to take turns to go to the sewer since I don't think Tirtouga can take both of us. After you dive into the water, hold on to Tirtouga's shell, he'll take you there in no time." Tirtouga gracefully drops from the edge and dives into the water with no difficulty, floating and waiting for you to drop. You take a deep breath and dive into the water, and although your dive isn't as elegant or as perfectly executed as the turtle's, you quickly get help with the Tirtouga acting as a buoy and float to the surface. You grab his shell and he nods before swimming quickly to a large hole in the wall. Although it is slightly unsettling to see the shadows get near you, none of them get close enough to do anything, but in less than a minute you make it to the other side, you get up and stand on the hold and take peek into the sewer, and it looks quite large, but it also looks like it hasn't been used in a while. You look back at the rock turtle and see it has already made it to the other side, with Hugo jumping into the water. He grabs the turtle and they are both off, and before long they make it 3/4's of the way...1/2...1/4. Something swoops in from the sky, knocking Tirtouga to the side as soon as he is about 20 feet from you, with Hugo swimming after Tirtouga. Hugo tries to get to his partner, only he is also attacked by the same thing, a Murkrow, that's Pecking Hugo in the head. "Get off me!" Hugo screams at the Murkrow, flailing one arm towards the Murkrow and the other to keep afloat, and Tirtouga releases a Water Gun towards the Murkrow, which it manages to dodge and begins to Peck Tirtouga. Another Murkrow swoops down and starts to Peck Hugo relentlessly before he gets a chance to help Tortouga. You also see the shadows get closer to Hugo and Tirtouga, who are trying to get to you, only the Murkrow aren't making it easy...

What will you do?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: "Start with Air Slash again Leavanny! Try to Dodge that Bullet Punch and then hit it with an Aerial Ace!" The Leavanny nods as Gaius starts to charge towards her as quickly as he possibly can, slamming into the Leavanny with Quick Attack, making her stumble back a few steps. She slashes the air and another Air Slash forms in the air, headed for Gaius. He takes the attack, and it seems like it wasn't a huge blow as Gaius prepares almost immediately, filling his claw with more steel energy, and punching towards Leavanny with Bullet Punch. She tries to dodge the attack but it is too fast for her to dodge completely as she is hit in her side, her trainer grunts as he sees his partner get hit by the attack, "Hang in there Leavanny!". She holds her side as she looks at Gaius, and it almost seems like she glides through the field as she gets near him and hits him with Aerial Ace, and it is again not as effective but still takes a bit of health away. Gaius starts to concentrates as he raises his accuracy and attack with Focus Energy after the Aerial Ace while the Leavanny looks on suspiciously, as if waiting for Gaius to attack. "Leavanny, lower his speed by tangling him up with a String Shot! Then Slash him right in the face and finish by blinding him with Flash! You can do it!"

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.


Burnt Forest Wastelands
Tyoyo3131:
There is little that you can see ahead in these barren lands, but what you can see is not that impressive. You only see the remains of what you suspect was once a beautiful place. Although you can tell that this is the way it has been for a while, you can still smell something similar to charcoal. You cover your face as random winds pick up, with ash from the ground being dragged into both Buizel's and your face. There is a sad and deserted feeling around this place as you continue to walk, with rock Pokémon like Geodude rolling around and fighting with Dwebble and Aron. You continue walking until you hear someone to your left, "Ahhhhh! Help!" You can't help but to turn towards where you think the scream came from, and it sounded like a little girl's scream. You quickly head the way of the scream and after a minute you hear her again, "No! Please let go of her!" This time it sounds a lot closer and you look around until Buizel shows you where the trouble is. About 30 feet from you stands little girl, no older than 10 years old, nearly in tears as a Vulpix lays on the floor, probably knocked out, with a Geodude closing in on the girl, as she grabs a rock and throws it at the Geodude, screaming "Get away from me!"

What will you do?
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #844
YDT
Pokemon Trainer
 
YDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Sky Gate
YDT:
The man chuckles as he hears you say that, "Haha. A homosexual? No, I'm not gay. But let me see what you have to offer." He grabs your list and examines it closely, before you see a lightbulb go off on top of his head after a minute of staring at the list, "Well I see nothing that interests me in this list, but since you are looking for an adventure how about you help me search for a Clefairy in Comet's Corner? I'm a jack of all trades, mainly photographer/model as you can probably tell." He flashes you a white smile as he says that, "And this is my partner, Fabian." He reaches for the back part of his belt, and throws up a cherry colored ball into the air, releasing a spectacular show of light, with a Lucario emerging from the disappearing lights, with a camara around his neck. "Hey, I was looking for that!" Mitch takes the camara from the Lucario, under slight protest and puts it around his own neck. "Anyway I want to get a Clefairy to star in my next photoshoot, with their cuteness I will be famous in no time! What do you say? Wanna join me?" The Lucario looks on, anxiously awaiting your answer, moreso than his trainer.

How will you respond?

Niles looks at Mitch, suspiciously. He really didn't trust the answer to his question, but I guess that didn't matter too much. He said he could help adventure and that is most important. After looking at Niles list of possessions for a minute, his face lit up.

"Well I see nothing that interests me in this list," Niles starts to get depressed "but since you are looking for an adventure how about you help me search for a Clefairy in Comet's Corner?" Niles feels a bit better at the thought of adventure and doesn't really care that Mitch doesn't like his stuff "I'm a jack of all trades, mainly photographer/model as you can probably tell." Niles made a great smile as he imagined Mitch as an action figure with a camera strapped around his neck. Once again Niles ignorance prevails again.

Mitch then reaches for a pokeball and a burst of light explodes with many different colours. This further pushes Niles' suspicion for Mitch's behavior, but he would let this one slide. Out pops a Lucario who apparently stole Mitch's camera. Mitch then asks Niles if he is willing to help with the clefairy photo shoot, Fabian even more anxious than his trainer.

"I'm so in!" Niles declares, his eyes as wide as possible. "We are gonna find all the Clefairies! And they will be dancing. And we will make an awesome movie! And then we'll get their treasures!" The last sentence said with a maniacal grin.


Stats
YDT is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 12:33 AM   #845
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge
 
Kori Gotcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
(For those of you unaware, this is YUKI.N.)


The Oasis

Kori Gotcha – After a few days of fun, sun, and perhaps seasickness, the professor drops you off at your destination. Surprisingly (or perhaps not considering the kind of slave driver you’re dealing with), there is nothing but sand as far as the eye can see. You turn to miss Maggie for instructions, but she merely shoos you off without even so much as providing any provisions. Never one to question your mad mambo-loving mentor, you shrug and set off without direction or intention, let alone a timeframe to be back. You only know you’re looking for a “frequency” that will forward the research of Pokémon communication. …How on earth you’re supposed to find something so intangible – especially without any tools – you have no idea.

At least you have one companion with you on this tortuous trek. Lee the Combusken marches before you, arms swinging side to side as he whistles a merry tune, basking in the warmth. Meanwhile, you remove your hoodie and tie it around your waist, removing your cap to wipe the sweat off your brow before replacing it to block the brightness. Despite these measures, the heat makes your body burn beyond belief. Before long, you’re even starting to see visions. At first you dream of things like pools and waterfalls and cola machines. You know, the usual desires of a person about to die from dehydration. Every time you see a lake in the distance you deeply wish you had brought a pair of swimming trunks after all (even though chances are you would’ve left them on the boat), despite knowing it’s but the trick of a mind addled by thirst.

Still, there is something odd. The foggy scene suddenly starts to solidify, describing an image far stronger than the ones previous. You see… A boy? And his Sandslash staring at what appears to be some sort of frog. Confused, you try and catch up to them, only to find the figures fade before your eyes, collapsing to dust. You turn to Lee to question if he saw the mirage too, and to your surprise he nods. Checking his forehead temperature, you confirm he seems to be feeling fine, no sign of heart stroke thanks for his fire-retardent feathers. So then what could’ve been the cause of such a rare shared hallucination?

While the two of you puzzle over this, you hear a strange squeal. A weaving, wailing pitch that almost reminds you of a song. You can’t tell where it’s coming from. Could this possibly be the frequency? You strain closer, hoping to pinpoint the source. Unfortunately, trying to tune without an instrument is impossible. There’s just too much static, raw noise. Junk.

The resonance gradually recedes, and is soon replaced by a loud snapping sound, coming from nearby your base. Looking down, you leap in surprise to see a Trapinch nipping playfully at your toes. Your Combusken primes a pose for combat, but the Ant Pit Pokémon simply grins, allowing you to notice what appears to be a… Well, you’re not exactly sure of the shape, but it seems like a sparkling piece of purple crystal clamped tight in its jaws. Curious.

Suddenly, you feel your feet start to sink, and stumble back in shock. The sand beneath you has turned to a slow swirl, drawing towards the focus. You and Lee scramble to safety, however the Trapinch waves calmly at you before swimming straight towards the center, burying deep and vanishing into the void. …It might have been your imagination, but you could have sworn it was telling you to follow.

What do you do?
This desert has just been ramped up the crazy scale! The hallucinations, the people that crumble into dust, what is going on here! Kori got up on his feet and stared at the vortex of sand trying to get his thoughts together. Lee followed and started pacing behind his trainer as Kori tried to rationalize his next move.

"Ok, that noise, what the heck was that noise! That wasn't like any Pokemon I remember hearing, and what was with that trainer and pokemon mirage? Mirage's don't work in tandem Lee. At least, I don't think they do." said Kori. His Combusken shrugged. Kori was frustrated. He should have recorded the noise if it hadn't come and gone so suddenly and rattled his brain so hard. Kori looked down into the swirling vortex that the Trapinch just descended and stared at it intensely as if trying to divine an answer to the questions from the void. He didn't really want to consider it as the choice was extremely dangerous, but Kori had no other real choices. He looked around the haze and saw that he had no idea where to go. Even if he retreated, which way would lead him back to the boat? The strange desert fog (was that a thing that even happened in deserts anyway?) was so thick and he couldn't see his previous footprints. There was really no other choice in the matter.

"We're going in Lee." Kori decided. Lee nodded in agreement. The little fighter was a brave little bird indeed. Kori pulled a Pokeball out and pointed it at Combusken. "It'll be safer if your in the ball when we go down." Lee looked disappointed but agreed with his trainer still. A little red beam shot at the Pokemon and soon the bird was safely in the small Pokeball. Kori attached it to his belt and took a deep breath.

"HERE WE GO!" he yelled jumping straight down to follow the odd Trapinch and following his only lead.
__________________

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 08-17-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Kori Gotcha is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #846
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,153
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post


Rock Garden

blazeVA¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You and Marche quickly conclude that only music can soothe the souls of these two great beasts. The only problem is that your partner lacks an accompaniment. You offer to go and fetch one, but Marche stops you and shakes his head with a knowing smile. He points to Keith, who seems to be, er, “gazing” pointedly at Charlie, who simultaneously shrinks under everyone’s stares. Seems the little sneak has been withholding something. He shuffles sheepishly, then shrugs in defeat and holds up a claw, signaling you all to wait a moment before he disappears inside his shell. Some strange sounds emanate from within, including but not limited to bumps, crashes, clucks, and growls. You could swear you even heard a siren somewhere in the mix.

Finally, Charlie emerges, strangely covered in feathers, clutching what appears to be the handle of an instrument. He strains on the surplus, but it appears to be stuck. Blushing as he pardons his naked appearance, he awkwardly scuttles further out of the hole and braces his legs against the sides. With a sharp tug and a twist, Charlie suddenly loses grip and tumbles over backward, allowing the guitar to grow gloriously before your eyes (although how on earth it managed to squeeze past the opening and fit inside the shell in the first place you have no idea).

The thing is certainly a beauty. Carved out of heavy stone and marble, only an Olympic weightlifter (or maybe a masochist) would dare to even try and pick it up. (Which then begs the question of how strong Charlie the crab must be to have been carrying it around with him all this time…) Precious gems entrench themselves in the bed of the body, embellishing. Rubies, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds – you name it. The tuning keys even appear to be made from mother of pearl, and the bridge of pure jade. Strung with silver and gilded along the edges with gold, the gaudiness- er, gorgeousness is almost blinding.

“This is the legendary Ragnarock,” Marche explains. “Keith told me about it on our way here.” It occurs to you that the rock may as well have been talking during the tour through the Garden, and you simply weren’t aware. Marche reaches out eagerly for the instrument, as if magnetized. Charlie looks unsure, but Keith’s slight nod convinces him to hand it over. The Geodude wobbles a little under the guitar’s weight, but quickly corrects his altitude. Once settled, he strums a few experimental bars and winces at the sound, like a cat whining in protest after having been woken from a nap. Seems the poor girl’s been in storage for quite some time. He plucks at each string in turn, tuning to perfection, before testing again with a strident slam.

The guitar booms a gruff, but solid scale, effectively grabbing the attention of the two behemoths on stage. They glance at your odd group, confused, as Charlie tries to hide inside his shell to avoid any association, or perhaps simply anger for giving the guitar away. Marche nods at you, and on your cue, one, two…

Together, you belt out a rough rendition of your favorite rock ballad. Marche plays with surprising finesse, his fingers practically flying over the frets. Even Charlie immediately pops his head out to hear the performance. When it is done, he claps his claws together for an encore, but stops when he realizes he’s the only one applauding. …Although this could also be an account of the fact he’s the only one physically capable of achieving such a feat. As such, you look to your audience onstage nervously for the final assessment.

The Bastiodon and Probopass grunt inquisitively at Dwebble, who squeaks and scurries back, pleased to be invited to the conversation for once. Together, the three hold a brief conference, and you gulp as you anxiously await the judges’ decision. After more bickering and stache-wrinkling, they finally turn back, and Marche translates their comments one by one.

Bill: “Not bad for a first audition. Could use some work. Kinda pitchy in places.”

Charlie: “I loved it! You guys are great!”

Ian: “That was absolutely the most HORRENDOUS performance I have ever heard. …But we’re short and there’s no one else available, so I suppose you blokes will have to do.”

While you and your partner bump fists over your (moderate) success, Bill suddenly interjects with his original issue. Marche continues to relay the debate without even realizing: Bill still wants to hire the Heaven’s Devils to act as security and won’t back down. Ian calmly asks if he need remind Bill that such decisions shouldn’t be made without the band leader present? Charlie quietly points out that they just agreed to hire two stand-ins off the stone on their own, and both beasts glare at him, causing him to almost shrivel up. Seems like another fight’s about to break out unless you do something fast.

What do you do?

Marche looked at me and I looked at him, and we both knew quite instantaneously that were going to need to get on stage and rock it till we dropped it. Hopefully, the rocking part would lead to an actual dropping part. But, despite me being a vocalist, Marche had no guitar to play with. Marche, however, had that sly look on his face like he knew something all along that somehow I didn't know. "Blaze, don't worry, Keith can set me up with a guitar." He points over to Keith, who kinda looks over at Charlie. Charlie sees that everyone is staring at him, and he slinks away from everyone's stares, trying to go back into his shell. 'Wait a minute,' I though to myself, 'I know that look from anything. He is hiding something from us that he doesn't want us to have.' Charlie continues to try and slink away before a nod from Keith puts Charlie at ease, and he shrugs to himself in defeat. He thinks for a moment before raising one claw in the air, signaling that he wanted us to wait for a moment. He retreats back inside of his shell to go and grab something. The little shell stays still for a moment before it begins to rock back and forth. All sorts of noises began to come from inside of the shell, ranging from the quacking of a duck, canned laughter like on those sit-com, growls, a large crash. 'Hell, is that even a siren in there? What in the world goes on inside of a Dwebble's shell?'

Charlie emerged not much later, covered in feathers of some sort and was gripping onto some large object that was inside the shell. It appears to be some kind of musical instrument, of the like I had never seen. What little was there shone brilliantly. Charlie puled and pulled on the instrument, but, it appeared to be stuck inside of his shell. 'It isn't going to budge an inch. It is STUCK.' Charlie looks over and apologizes for his rather, indecent, appearance, and scuttle his way out of the shell to gain some more leverage on the instrument. Pushing his legs into the ground, he pulled and pulled even harder. But, it still didn't move an inch. Charlie stopped for a moment and looked at it, before trying again. He pulled on the guitar and gave it a sharp jerk to the side, which proved to be the icing on the cake. Charlie flew backwards as the guitar suddenly jerked out of the hole, leaving a rather embarrassed Charlie lying face first in the ground. Now, that guitar stood in its entirety of its beauty. 'However in heavens though it fit in the hole in the first place is beyond me though.'

The guitar was a magnificent piece. It shone like the sun, like it had its own internal light source. The guitar had been carved out of solid white marble, with black bands running through it that made it look like one of those really good marble counter tops. I went to try and pick it up, but, it was way to heavy for me; I could barely get the guitar off the ground! I had no idea who would be able to pick up such a heavy instrument. 'Wait a minute....how was Charlie able to carry it around in his shell the entire time? :/' As I continued to look on the guitar, the more of its beauty I saw. It had rubies and sapphires and emeralds and diamonds and pearls galore. The cost of the gemstones alone must have reached into the hundreds of millions of dollars. Some of them were so big that I thought that they HAD to be fakes, but, at the same time, I knew that they were not. The double bridge(my internal awesome meter had hit max at the sight of that) was made out of pure jade, giving it a deep green color to contrast the white of the body. The struts were made out of platinum, and the strings were made out of silver. The tuning keys were even made special, out of that mother of pearl stuff that is really popular these days. The edges of the guitar were gilded in gold. The entire thing looked like a piece of heaven that had fallen down to Earth.

Marche had a similar look of awe on his face, and we both knew that it was love at first sight. "Keith was telling me about this guitar on the way here. This guitar is called the Ragnarock." 'Well...I didn't quite here them talking about the guitar, but, their language is so subliminal that I really could not tell one way or another if they were talking. Wait a minute, could they have been talking about me?' Marche reached out for the guitar, as if it was meant to be in his arms and that nothing in the world could ever come close to taking it away from him. Charlie looked a little concerned about it, and, grunted towards Keith. Keith merely nodded at him, one of his few signs of awareness in his surroundings that I had seen. Marche picked up the guitar, but wobbles under its weight. It was heavy even for him. But, soon enough, he has gotten in comfortable enough to where he could play it quite well. He placed a few fingers on a strut to test out an see whether or not the guitar would work. He played a string that sounded like someone was skinning a cat....or playing a banjo, whichever. Everybody winced while Marche fiddled with the tuning heads until he got it to perfection. "The poor thing had been in storage for so long I guess it just went out of whack. But this should help fix the old girl up." He slammed on the guitar after that.

The sound was one like a gruff grunt, something a guitar made of rock probably should have sounded like. The Probopass and the Bastiodon had heard the noise and looked our way with an inquiring glance. Charlie went back inside of his shell, maybe trying to avoid being seen by the two behemoths for being near us...or that it may have had something to do with giving away the mighty Ragnarock. Marche looked at me and nodded, meaning that this was my cue. I breathed in an out an prepared myself for the part. "On a one, two, a one two three four...."

Spoiler: show
BORKED


Marche and I busted out into glorious music, playing one of our favorite songs. Marche played the Ragnarock with an ability that I had never seen before out of him, he fingers moving up and down the bridge with perfect finesse. Every move seemed like it was calculated for maximum effect. Charlie popped his head out of the shell to hear the performance, and, Keith seemed pleased, rocking his head back and forth. The Probopass and Bastiodon just looked at us, showing their best poker faces so their feelings could not be shown about the performance. When finished with our song, the sweat was pouring off of my head, but in no way was I tired. Charlie clapped his claws together for an encore, but soon stopped. He wasn't the only one who could clap to the music, since the Probopass could use his Mini-Noses, but, out of the two, he was the only one clapping. Marche and I looked at each other with nervous excitement on what they were going to say to us.

The first thing that the Probopass and the Bastiodon did was beckon Charlie over with them so that they could talk. Charlie squeaked with excitement at being allowed back in the conversation. I guess anything would be better than what we had walked in on before. The three of them grunted and talked for a couple of minutes about the performance. While there was none of the stomping and shouting before hand...it seemed that the Probopass could wrinkle his stache with the best of them. When they finished, Marche went up to each of them and translated each comment.

Bill: “Not bad for a first audition. Could use some work. Kinda pitchy in places.”

Charlie: “I loved it! You guys are great!”

Ian: “That was absolutely the most HORRENDOUS performance I have ever heard. …But we’re short and there’s no one else available, so I suppose you blokes will have to do.”

Marche and I have each other a fistpump over something definitely a little bit epic, but, it was not all good tidings. Bill the Bastiodon interjected with the original problem in the first place, were they going to hire the Heaven's Devils as band security, or not? Ian the Probopass tried to remain calm and asked that such decisions should probably not be made without the band leader present. Charlie points out that they just hired me and Marche without the band leader around to say anything, but, they both just glared at him, making him shrivel in his shell again. 'A fight is going to break up if I don't do something fast.'

But, it seems that I was not going to need to. Marche had gotten in between the two and puts his hands up. "I have a compromise for the both of you." Both Ian and Bill looked intrigued, while Marche told them the plan. "That man over there, Blaze, is a Pokemon trainer of considerable skill. He can help with the security by bringing in two of his Pokemon. We can hire two Heaven's Devils for security so that it is an even two and two. With four on security, all should be well. Is this satisfactory for the both of you?" I hoped that this plan was going to work. All that was left was to hear the two Pokemon's responses......

Squad Post
Emi is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #847
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Min continuous to Sing to the Pansage, and it is getting more tired, with its eyes closing for a second, and then opening, before closing them again each time for a little longer. Meanwhile, the Panpour spat another stream of water towards Gaius who seems to still be frozen after the effects of Outrage. Gaius gets hit by the Water Gun, and it seems to wake him up, but it also takes health away. Gaius fills its paw with Earth Power, and strikes the ground, which transfers the energy towards the Panpour, moving the ground underneath it, shaking it to the core and taking health away. The Panpour does not seem happy at the attack, and lunges once again towards Gaius, Scratching him across his face, taking a little damage away. Gaius retaliates by filling its paw with Earth Power once again, hitting the ground and shaking the floor underneath Panpour. It hisses at Gais before Scratching him once again, taking a little more health away.

You then see the Pansage drop on the tree branch, fast asleep with the bag falling over its shoulder and into the ground. Min quickly goes to the foot of the tree and grabs the bag, bringing it to you. Both apes finally notice Min, and turn to their friend, who is sleeping, and get away from the battle and run up the tree, checking to see if their friend is alright. Looks like you've got the bag with the Escape Rope in it as you open it. The apes are still tending to their friend, perfect opportunity for you to run back to the hole while the apes are distracted.

What will you do?
At least that went well…

- Well done Min! Let’s go back everyone, Ruby’s trainer needs our help!

Gaius looked at his trainer, deeply annoyed that he wouldn’t get to finish his battle with the Panpour, but simultaneously gasping for air indicating it was not far from collapsing. Proceeding with the confrontation was out of the question at this point, and deep inside the Gible knew it, but his ego had taken a massive blow nonetheless.
Recalling his Pokémon, he urged the Growlithe to guide them back to her trainer (as his own sense of direction was downright terrible) so they could get him out of that trap hole.

As they started running back to the boy, leaving the elemental monkeys behind, Levin’s mind was racing. Those Pokémon were remarkably strong; not only had the Pansear endured all the punishment that Ruby threw at it, the Panpour was nothing short of a tank, having withstood a barrage of Tackles, Strengths, Outrages and Earth Powers, and always managing to land its attacks despite two successful Sand Attacks to the eyes… all the while without a trainer nearby to give it instructions! It wasn’t just Gaius’s morale that was shattered at the failure, Levin’s own confidence had been shaken to the core as well. If he couldn’t beat an unevolved, unguided Panpour with a rare Gible and all of its strongest attacks, what did that tell about his skill as a trainer?...


(( I don’t think I can assume that Levin made it back safely to the boy, the same way I can’t make time pass on my own, so I was conservative – sorry for the short post but I didn’t want to make the same mistake as last time by advancing too fast without your input.))
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #848
Charminions
Your reality is mine
 
Charminions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
Cloud Forest

Charminions – Securing the girl in your arms, you and your Pokémon start running for all you’re worth, deciding to leave poor Combee behind to die. You can’t be concerned about that right now though as the rest of its comrades are about to attack. Calling back to your Combusken and Sneasel whom you summoned for the purpose of protecting, you order them to defend if any of the pursuers get too close. They nod and shoot blasts of fire and ice at the vanguard, making the members drop like flies. However, their ranks are just as regularly replaced, a never-ending cycle. Seeing the second wave pull ahead, you panic and put on more speed.

Soon, the queen herself claws her way to the front. Before any of you can act, she drapes herself in darkness and tackles Apollo in hot PURSUIT, dealing intense damage due to his fleeing stance. She then turns to Osage and slashes with her CUTTERs in FURY, causing him to squeal in pain. To rub salt rocks on the wound, she charges up two bright POWER GEMs and fires them at both, sending them sprawling in opposite directions. You cry out in fear for their safety, and then your own as the Combee start to close in on you…

FWOOSH.

An intense burst of flame flies in front of Vespiqueen from the left, while simultaneously a beam of frost meets it from the right. The two attacks collide and cause a small-scale explosion, kicking up a cloud of smoke and cool mist. Realizing the opening your partners created, you congratulate them on their clever cooperation and quickly escape in the confusion. Out of the corner of your eye, you spot the half-frozen, half-cooked Vespiqueen ORDERing her minions to HEAL her injuries and smile. Good. With their leader out of commission, that’ll keep them occupied for a while.

As soon as both the sight and sound of the bugs are far from your mind, the three of you collapse against a tree, breathing a sigh of relief. You carefully examine your own Pokémon, frowning to find they apparently took a rather harsh beating. Still, it’s nothing compared to what you probably would’ve faced had they not come to your rescue, and for that you are eternally grateful.

At this moment, the body in your arms starts to stir. Sleepy eyes flutter open, blinking beautifully in the sun. When they see they face of the charming prince hovering overhead, they fly open wide and…

SMACK.

Oh for crying out loud. Her fist squarely meets your jaw this time, jarring painfully to the point of nearly twisting. If she were stronger the force might have even dislocated it. Still, you can practically feel your teeth and cranium collide. You drop her like a hot potato, and the girl rather resembles a sack of them as she dumps unceremoniously to the ground. You ignore her indignant squeals however, tears almost welling up as you focus on rubbing your poor chin. What did you ever do to deserve such punishment today?

Suddenly the girl sits up and glances around anxiously for something, scrambling on all fours. She stares at you accusingly, and you give an inward grown, wondering what you could’ve possibly done to wrong her now.

“My flowers! We have to go back for them!”

And then, quite astonishingly, she adds in a quieter voice: “Please.”

You notice beads in her blue eyes, as well as the fact that she winces whenever she puts weight on her wounded wrist. …Though you’re not sure whether that’s the cause.

How will you respond?
Charm and the crew charge off, running like mad away from the angered horde. Apollo and Osage cue their orders, blasting off Flamethrowers and Ice Beams at the waves of Combee that are approaching too close. The Combee are continuously replaced and it was becoming an infinite cycle. "Huff. Huff. How many of them are there in a single hive?" Charm says, running even faster as more Combee approach.

The Vespiqueen, herself, soon arrives and quickly strikes Apollo in a dark aura with a Pursuit. She then starts furiously cutting Osage, the slashes causing him to scream in pain. To add insult to injury, she creates twin Power Gems and blasts them off at the two Pokemon. "Oh shi-! Guys, watch out!" But there was little Charm could do as he watched the horrific Vespiqueen starting to approach him.

FWOOSH. A blast of fire and ice collide on the Vespiqueen from opposide sides, resulting in a huge explosion that leaves behind smoke and mist. Charm's eyes sparkle at the epicness that ensued, "Holy balls, that was freakin' awesome!" He notices the Vespiqueen, who is now half charred and half frozen from the combination. The queen orders her minions to treat her injuries. "Excellent. She'll be busy for a while. Move, move, move!" Charm orders.

A good amount of running later, the trio decide to collapse beside a tree. Charm examines his Pokemon, "Dang. You guys got pretty hurt back there." The little girl who has been graciously unconscious throughout this finally starts stirring. Her eyes flutter open as she looks up to see Charm over her. SMACK.

Fist meets jaw, as Charm feels some crazy pain from the blow. She could've dislocated his chin if she was actually strong. He drops her like a rag doll as he rubs his chin, ignoring her squeals. "This is totally not worth all the trouble you're putting us through." The girl finally sits up and looks around anxiously for something.

“My flowers! We have to go back for them!” she adds in, quietly, "Please." He notices the tears welling up and how she winces at her wounded wrist.

"We saved your life when you didn't deserve it and now you're asking for more?" Charm lets out a sigh. Those flowers must be pretty important if she'd even say 'please' to ask Charm to get them back. He looks back at his Pokemon, "Would you guys be able to take us back there?" Osage swipes his claws together with a "Sneasel-Snea". Apollo puffs out a small fireball and caws, "Combusken!"

"... Fine. We'll have to go around the path we came from to avoid the swarm. We'll form protective line. Osage, grab the front and lead the way. Apollo, keep a look out as you grab the back. Move at a steady pace." The group nods and start moving out, back to their doom.
__________________
Charminions is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #849
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields
kaisap112: You decide to hide and ride it out, at least until the right moment. You stay as still as possible, with Turtwig and Skitty by your side, looking at Jenny thrown on the floor with Growlithe in front of her, sleeping through the noise like sleepy Snorlax. A few seconds pass and you suddenly see movement inside the cabin, and see someone get near the door, a man, the same man that stole Vee! He seems to turn off the alarm, and Turtwig can't help but to get tense looking at him, nearly bolting towards him, but stops itself. The man takes a look at Jenny and Growlithe, "Fools." he says to himself, with a big smug grin on his face. He quickly takes Jenni by the hand and Growlithe by the paw, dragging both of them into the cabin, closing the door as he goes in. A minute passes and you see the man in the middle of the room through the window, looking the other way, so you decide to take a closer look through the window. You glance at the man and he has finished tying up Jenny's leg and arms behind her back, and is now working on Growlithe's mouth, until he finally moves to the legs. The room seems to be square with a staircase to the left of the entrance. The room is about 40 feet by 40 feet, with the man being in the center of the room, about 15 feet from the door with Jenny an Growlithe at his feet. Now seems like the perfect opportunity to strike as he ties the Growlithe up. You did not hear a click to signal that he locked the door, but you remember what happened to Jenny, so you would need to avoid that happening to you, unless maybe there is no backup sleeping powder for the second person, hopefully. You notice a rock near where you are, large enough to break the window. But your Pokémon would need to be carried over the glass somehow should you break the window and go in through it, or you could throw them in... You could also try and look for more help, but who knows what might happen to Jenny and Growlithe while you are gone. Whatever you do, you need a plan and quick.

What will you do?
Noriko, Kitty and Turtwig watched quietly as Jenny and Growlithe slept on like nothing was wrong – until the man they’d all been after came out of the shadows. Noriko could feel Turtwig was ready to bolt and give the man some Grass-type justice for kidnapping Vee, but was glad for the little Pokémon’s self-control. Being found out now could bring trouble, even more than there already was. As the man looked over Jenny and her partner, accompanied by an angry “Fools” from him, Noriko tried formulating some sort of plan. The Sleeping Powder was still a potential risk in case they went for the door…the window could work as an entrance, but getting the Pokémon through it was another story.
As the kidnapper proceeded to tie Jenny and Growlithe up, Noriko had an idea. Several, in fact. She quietly started moving toward the front door, Kitty and Turtwig in her arms. This would be risky, but what was a good plan without a little risk?

Without a sound, Noriko stood in front of the door, putting the two little ones on the ground in order to pick out a Pokéball. She opened it to bring out a Lileep, Alani. The male Lileep was a brand new addition, but Noriko wasn’t expecting to use him so soon. “Alani, melt that door with you Acid attack. Then you, Kitty, use Sing into the building. Let’s give him a taste of his own medicine, shall we?” Noriko had whispered the orders, but the Pokémon understood the seriousness of the situation. While their trainer backed up with her ears covered as a safety measure, her friends prepared for action…
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #850
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Sky Gate: The entrance to this wonderful world, here you will find your Pokemon Centre and any other things you may need before setting out on your adventure. There are several paths leading away from the Sky Gate and if you want you can hire a guide to help you with your travels, but they may ask for something in return.
A new trainer wearing a plain red shirt and blue jeans looks up at the Pokemon Center sign. He thinks to himself: Wow this is nerve wracking, I can't believe I'm about to start my journey!I hope Hotstuff and I are ready. He looks down at the single pokeball on his belt and taps it gently. The newbie sighs, steels himself, and walks through the doors. He looks around at the plush standard interior of the Pokemon Center and gives a half smile as he sees the familiar face of Nurse Joy. "Hi, my name is Big I'm new and you are the only person that I know for sure will be nice. I was wondering if you could direct me to where the guides are? I need help looking a specific Pokemon" He asks her shyly.

Hope that everything is in order.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 08-20-2012 at 07:00 PM.
biggggg5 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.