UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #801
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: Each of the Pokémon start on your plan, with the water Pokémon being the first ones to take action. They release water attacks on the fire, which stops it from advancing towards the trapped Pokémon. With the fire under control, Chikorita starts chipping away at the tree with the strongest Razor Leaf it can muster. After a minute of continuously attacking the tree, the Chikorita seems to start slowing down slightly, but it still doesn't stop until the tree is finally chipped enough to only need to be pushed a little to save the Bellsprout. You start to push the tree, with Chikorita and Blazer both using Tackle on the tree, which seems to work as you finally move the tree, little by little until the Bellsprout is finally freed from the tree, though it is badly injured, barely awake. The Chikorita looks at its friend, unable to do anything for it. The fire seems to be under control now, with everyone pulling their weight, but the Bellsprout needs immediate medical attention...

What will you do?
"Nice job! Let's move out of here. The Bellsprout barely needs medical help. I'll take it from here." With these words came out from his mouth, Nagasaki carried the greatly injured Bellsprout into his arms, lifting him like some sort of a baby. "Quick! Let's get outta here. The Bellsprout needs our help, and the others also need back-up on putting out the fire." He stood up, carrying the injured Pokemon. "Hurry. Let's backtrack to Peter. He might still be in there. We'll hand over the Bellsprout to him since he knows more of the area than us. He'll go to the Pokemon Center to bring the Bellsprout, while we will go to Glameow to assist him." Blazer interrupted Nagasaki's words. "If these Pokemon don't know if there is a nearby Pokemon Center from here. If there is, let's head down there first. This is a great emergency! You want the Bellsprout to die?" Nagasaki agreed with him. "All right, we'll ask Chikorita if there is a nearby Pokemon Center in here. If there is, then let's go for you and Bellsprout to be treated with first aid. If none, we'll proceed with my plan of going into Peter. Besides, Chikorita seems to know the way here, so he can guide us through our allies' places." Nagasaki and Blazer then decided to bring the Bellsprout to a Pokemon Center, where he can be totally cured. Nagasaki looks into Chikorita, asking if there is a nearby center. "So, is there a Pokemon Center here?"

Last edited by Nagasaki; 07-27-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #802
Flame Mistress
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

Stardust Fields

Flame Mistress¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

Dewdrops glitter as stars, brightening to your approach. Their radiance runs and excites. Despite the playful flicker of the fields under your feet, you fear to frolic freely amongst the lights, lest you disturb a world and its inhabitants at peace. Flare is not frightened however. She is enchanted, but by smell, not sight. The scent of stones fills the air, rich and resplendent. Like a trance, she steps unceremoniously onto the grass in search of the sweetness tickling her nose.

You tug gently on her tail, severing the spell. Flare responds to your caution with an insolent look, but sighs and surrenders to your side. Cautiously, you lead the way, taking care not to upset the terrain too much. Moonbeams dance over the earth as you walk, illuminating the stage for stars to shoot. Looking over your shoulder to ensure Flare doesn’t stray, you spot the Vulpix vainly holding her head and fan high as if on a red carpet runway, emboldened by the flashes flanking her. Her paws trot daintily over the mobile you so respectfully forged for her, and her train swishes elegantly to and fro. You find it your turn to sigh and roll your eyes, leaving her to her little fantasy.

You turn your attention back to your progress, though thanks to that short distraction, your reflexes are somewhat dulled. Before you have taken another two steps, a pink ball of fur darts suddenly across your path, joyfully chasing the shimmering spotlights. Unable to promptly react, your vision only catches the brief whisk of a tail before it disappears again after its prey. Your position falters, but thankfully manages to correct itself in time to avoid crushing a beautiful purple plant beneath your sole – in your opinion more precious than any rock.

As you tenderly soothe and make apologies to the scared flower, its smooth petals seeming to tremble under your touch, Flare’s senses alert to more movement. Ignoring your inordinate concern for the inanimate, she curiously pursues the shadow, poking her snout through the tall grass. The reeds behind her rustle, and a paw reaches out to touch the tip of one of her swaying tails. The Vulpix yips and spins around to confront only vibrating vegetation. As she stares in bewilderment, the mitt emerges from the other side to swat gleefully again at her bottom. You smile and suppress a giggle as you watch this process of cat-and-fox repeat a few times, the poor Vulpix growing more and more vexed by the minute.

Finally Flare has had enough, and ROARs irritably in order to try and scare the stalker out of hiding. It succeeds, as a small creature skitters out from the cover, bumping abruptly into your leg. You gaze down amusedly at the dazed critter, observing its cream undercoat and feline appearance. The Skitty soon picks itself up and shakes its head before glancing around, momentarily confused. Spotting Flare a few feet away, it mews excitedly and races over, pouncing at the fox’s behind once again. This time it pins Flare’s train to the ground and begins to blissfully roll on its back, playing with each extension. Unable to shake the weight off, Flare is forced to gaze at you pleadingly for help. Seems this overzealous fan is fascinated by Flare’s own fabulous fan, and is rather persistent at getting a personal interview.

What will you do?

Oh, yes. Stardust Fields was paradise.

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she watched Flare blissfully walk in her own little fantasy world, though she couldn't help but feel that the Vulpix looked just absolutely adorable like that. She didn't notice how much she'd been distracted by this until, out of the corner of her eye, she caught sight of a tail, light pink in colour, disappearing behind the bushes. What on earth was that? she wondered, not entirely realising that she was falling.

She caught herself just in time, steadying herself, and noticed a beautiful, wondrous, violet-hue flower just beneath her feet. Oh, how terrible it would've been to crush that sacred jewel! Charlotte gently apologised to the flower (completely oblivious to the fact that she looked ridiculous while doing so). However, Flare wasn't interested in the blossom.

Flare's surprised yelp snapped Charlotte out of her own fantasy, and she watched in amusement as a cat-like Pokemon emerged from the bushes, swatting the fox's backside, and popped back into the bushes. As the process repeated several times, Charlotte found herself trying to stifle more and more giggles that threatened to burst out of her mouth. But, oh, they looked so adorable!

Charlotte took out her Pokedex and quickly scanned Flare's avid fan when the now considerably annoyed Vulpix roared at the cat, forcing it out of the bushes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex V.5.1
Skitty, the Kitten Pokemon. It can’t stop itself from chasing moving things, and it runs in a circle, chasing its own tail.
See? It's so adorable! Charlotte thought as she read the Pokedex Entry. She returned it to her pocket, only to see that the Skitty was now playing with each of Flare's tails, while Flare was looking at her pleadingly, her round eyes the size of giant marbles, asking her to do something.

"Well," Charlotte said, as she walked up to the Skitty, and petted it on its head softly. "Hey!" she said, introducing herself, "my name's Charlotte, and I'm a Pokemon Trainer. You like Flare over there, don't you? Yes, of course you do. Would you like to travel with her, so that you can be with Flare all the time?"

Charlotte could feel Flare's furious gaze boring into her. Well, the Skitty was cute...
Flame Mistress is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #803
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update 30 (07/27/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: He chuckles a little at your concerns, "Haha, yeah it is quite different than your world isn't it? The thing is, I'm not sure how to answer that." He thinks for a few seconds before continuing, "Okay here is the story, I use to work for the royal family. My job was to make the best possible inventions for them. One day a portal was discovered in the dungeons of the castle, the portal leads to your world. Actually it's more of a different dimension, since they appear to be axactly the same in their structure, at least the place you call Rainbow Road. It is exactly like where we are right now, only without the houses and such. Anyway, I was sent to you world to gather information on it, and boy was I surprised by what I saw. Everything had a what you call "color" in your world. I think it has something to do with the type of light in your world."

"Anyway, after a few trips I realized how truly different your "dimension" was. Almost everyone was friendly, and there were no forms of punishment for breaking the law! Things like walking after curfew when you are not a guard were acceptable! Exploring without the consent of the royal family is even encouraged!" He seems genuinely excited and giddy until he continuous, "Now here is why I brought you, I want to rescue someone very near and dear to me in the castle and just go to your dimension for good. I'm not planning on coming back this time. I'm not even sure I'll be able to even if I wanted since the only portal I found was on that edge of the path and I don't know when it will activate again. We were lucky we made it here actually." He has a smile on his face but it soon fades, "They have been slowly trying to bring your world into ours, as you can see by the castles "color". Only they are not planning on bringing the rules of your world along. Not sure how they brought the colors myself."

"Anyway if you are still willing to help me, we have four options into the castle, since I don't think I can get you in through the front door. Two are through the moat, there we can enter either the dungeons or the sewer, both of which have wild Pokémon on the way to the lower part of the dungeons, to protect them from intruders like us. That's where the labs are, where our treasure waits, and coincidently where the person I have to rescue is probably going to be. We have the least amount of probability of getting caught going through the the moat. We can also use the back door, provided we wait for the right time to enter, which might put a strain on our time to get out of here in time. We can also Fly to the upper parts of the castle if you have a flying Pokémon." Seriousness fills his face as he continuous, "Don't worry though, I understand if you want to leave as quickly as possible, I'll get you home safe after we enter the castle, without going to the rescue, if that is what you want. I promise to get you home either way."

How will you respond?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Minori gets close enough to Dustox as he tries to Headbutt the Dustox. The moth is too quick for the seal and dodges the attack as he is about to hit it. Kitty takes advantage of Minori attacking first and spits out a wall of fire towards Dustox while it is distracted by Minori with Incinerate. The flames hit the Dustox and it squeals as the fire touches it, taking a good chuck of the remaining health the Dustox has. The Dustox shakes off the fire attack and flies towards Kitty, hitting her with a Tackle, and turns, firing another Psybeam towards Minori, who gets shoved back by the attack, taking moderate health away from him. He shakes off the attack and once again aligns himself to Headbutt Dustox, this time managing to hit it, and making it falter, just as Kitty prepares her own attack, using Incinerate on the Dustox once again. The Dustox tries to redirect the attack to the floor by flapping it's wing at the attack, but fails as the fire attack hits it again, taking more health away. Dustox, quite upset, and breathing heavely now, releases another wave of psychic energy towards both Pokémon with Confusion, lowering their health. Kitty seems to be the most effected as she starts to match Dustox's breathing. The Dustox health is now in critical range after the last attack, but so is Kitty's. Turtwig looks on at the match, desperate to continue on your way. Jenni almost seems to be done with her match as well as she says, "You did great Growlithe, finish this with two Flamethrower attacks!"

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: Chikorita chirps happily, nodding in response to your question, and darts into the forest with you following it. The smell of the smoke of the forest seems to fade the further you walk from it, returning to the smell of nature, though you can still see a large stack of smoke where you came from. The damage caused by the pair of individuals seems to be unfathomable. You continue on your way until something swooshes in front of you like a whip, stopping you in your tracks, barely missing. You turn and see a Weepinbell, who does not seem to be happy at all seeing you with the Bellsprout. The Chikorita sees this and goes to your side before trying to communicate with the mad plant, but it is no use as it unleashes another Vine Whip towards you and Chikorita, which drops you to your backside with Chikorita by your side, with the Bellsprout in your arms. It seems to think you've done something to the Bellsprout and it is not happy. The Bellsprout is starting to burn up with a fever in your hands, and it doesn't seem like you have much time to help it...

What will you do?

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: You decide to recall Gaius and throw the Pokéball at the battle worn Lotad. The ball flies towards the lily pad, who seems too confused and tired to do anything at the incoming ball. It gets tapped by the ball and it turns red as it is transformed and absorbed by a red light. The ball falls to the ground and shakes a little before stopping. Before you get a chance to celebrate, it starts moving once again. Before long, it finally settles down for good. Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 4 Lotad!

"How dare you defile these grounds!" A thunderous voice is heard around you, and it continuous, with you trying to find its origin, "Explain your purpose here! You do not belong here! What do you want to take from us now?!" The voice does not seem very happy to see you and it is almost impossible to tell where it is coming from...

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #804
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge
 
ChaoticHell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
ChaoticHell83: You decide to recall Gaius and throw the Pokéball at the battle worn Lotad. The ball flies towards the lily pad, who seems too confused and tired to do anything at the incoming ball. It gets tapped by the ball and it turns red as it is transformed and absorbed by a red light. The ball falls to the ground and shakes a little before stopping. Before you get a chance to celebrate, it starts moving once again. Before long, it finally settles down for good. Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 4 Lotad!

"How dare you defile these grounds!" A thunderous voice is heard around you, and it continuous, with you trying to find its origin, "Explain your purpose here! You do not belong here! What do you want to take from us now?!" The voice does not seem very happy to see you and it is almost impossible to tell where it is coming from...

What will you do?


The thunderous voice that rang out pierced Caesar's ears and drove him to his knees in fright. Oh crap, crap, crap! What've I done now? He frantically thought to himself. All I wanted to do was have a nice pleasent stroll with my Pokemon, I didn't mean to upset anyone! And then he stopped for a moment and thought. Wait, how would I've upset some one? I didn't do anything! I battled and captured a Pokemon, as it's my right as a Pokemon trainer. I'll be more than just a great trainer, I will also be a caretaker and friend to my companions.

He suddenly stood up, confidence beaming off of him as he looked around him, searching for the mysterious voice still.

"Who are you?!" He called out, his voice nearly breaking as his confidence began to falter slightly. He had no idea what in the world he might be dealing with, "I-" He paused for a moment, "I-'m sorry... For upsetting you, and for scaring the Pokemon here. I only meant to take a peaceful stroll with my friend Gaius. I did not intend for a battle to take place, and I captured this Pokemon here because I feel-... Well I feel like he would be happy with me!"

He looked down at the ground where the Pokeball was lying still. He calmly approached it and picked it up in his hand, smiling with delight as his accomplishment. He raised it in the air and scanned the clearing again before speaking out once more; "I ask again, who are you, and apologize for trespassing here, the home of these Pokemon. I wish for all to know my name, Caesar, and for all to know I am not a mere trainer but a friend to Pokemon!"

Caesar lowered the Pokeball in his hand and cradled it close to him. He hoped to avoid a conflict, with two exhausted and battered Pokemon to look after he had no wish for another battle. And then he realized something else. Nobody was stopping him from leaving, or trying to leave right now. It was his duty to get these Pokemon the care and attention they need, and so he decided to speak to the voice again.

"I'm sorry, whoever you are, but I've no time for games. I've two injured Pokemon with me now who require the aid and care of professionals."

Caesar waited a moment for a response, preparing himself to bolt it out of the forest should he need to.
__________________
*** ACTIVE TEAM ***
Gaius Lv.5 Marcus Lv.7 Aurelia Lv. 2 Squirtle Lv. 6 Carnivine Lv. 1

ChaoticHell83 is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #805
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Minori gets close enough to Dustox as he tries to Headbutt the Dustox. The moth is too quick for the seal and dodges the attack as he is about to hit it. Kitty takes advantage of Minori attacking first and spits out a wall of fire towards Dustox while it is distracted by Minori with Incinerate. The flames hit the Dustox and it squeals as the fire touches it, taking a good chuck of the remaining health the Dustox has. The Dustox shakes off the fire attack and flies towards Kitty, hitting her with a Tackle, and turns, firing another Psybeam towards Minori, who gets shoved back by the attack, taking moderate health away from him. He shakes off the attack and once again aligns himself to Headbutt Dustox, this time managing to hit it, and making it falter, just as Kitty prepares her own attack, using Incinerate on the Dustox once again. The Dustox tries to redirect the attack to the floor by flapping it's wing at the attack, but fails as the fire attack hits it again, taking more health away. Dustox, quite upset, and breathing heavely now, releases another wave of psychic energy towards both Pokémon with Confusion, lowering their health. Kitty seems to be the most effected as she starts to match Dustox's breathing. The Dustox health is now in critical range after the last attack, but so is Kitty's. Turtwig looks on at the match, desperate to continue on your way. Jenni almost seems to be done with her match as well as she says, "You did great Growlithe, finish this with two Flamethrower attacks!"

What will you do now?
Minori’s Headbutt wasn’t quick enough to hit Dustox, the moth dodging at the last moment. This gave Kitty the perfect opportunity to use her new move, [b]Incinerate. Watching the battle, Noriko smiled a bit as Dustox squealed in pain when it came to contact with the fire. Dustox managed to shake off the fire, but had taken considerable damage. Kitty was hit with a Tackle and, turning around, Dustox fired Psybeam at Minori. The Seel was pushed back but managed to hold his ground, aligning for another Headbutt.

This time the attack hit. Kitty hit Dustox with another Incinerate and even though Dustox tried to get rid of the fire by flapping his wings he took every bit of intended damage. Breathing heavily, Dustox shot Confusion at Kitty and Minori. The kitten Pokémon seemed to be almost as tired as Dustox. Turtwig was getting desperate to continue their hunt for the Pokémon thief. Jenny was, from the sounds of it, finishing up her battle with Ninjask.

"You did great Growlithe, finish this with two Flamethrower attacks!"

Noriko took a deep breath. “Kitty, Minori, I know that you can take Dustox out this time! Give it all you’ve got! Minori, Headbutt twice while Kitty uses Bullet Seed from a distance, then finishes with Incinerate!”
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #806
RoseradeX
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 28
Quote:
RoseradeX – The rainbows raise you to a realm beyond report. They steal not only the sky, but roar and rush all around you in waves. Beside you, Vine petitions for a better view. You incline, and she scampers up to your shoulder, where she settles to survey the breathtaking scape. As you step forth, she reaches out to pluck a stalk from the lush vegetation, growing more dense and delicious as you approach the water’s edge. She folds the flower into a sandwich and chews delicately, squeezing all the softness out of the petal. Here, the water calms and collects in a pool around your feet. You sink into serenity.

However, instead of succumbing to prone peace just yet, you remain upright as you root restlessly through your bag, taking stock of your inventory. Vine lazes idly, watching through fading lids as you carefully unpack and repack your belongings, wondering what you are searching for. Soon everything is neatly stowed away again, without having accomplished much but filling your fingers for a while. Your body stretches out across the earth, having no more to do but dream absently up at the sky, colors shifting gradually from bands of blue to puffs of pink and globs of green.

The mild breeze sighs as it tickles your skin, and one similarly slips from your lips. Despite the overwhelming silence and splendor, you came seeking a quest, not to rest. Where hides all the action, excitement? Vine senses tension and clambers onto your chest to tug at your hair, trying to provoke some sort of movement. You’ll never have an adventure just by lying down all day. You deny her constructive attempts by merely shoving her off. This causes her to chew faster in frustration, practically grinding her petal into paste. She scoots down by the shore to sulk, spitting out the sorry bits of blossom to send sailing on their way. Slouching on her stomach with one cheek in hand, she watches the ripples radiate and weaken before plucking another nearby reed to play with, dipping it here and there on the surface to compose a silent symphony of circles.

You barely muster the energy to shrug, glad your companion at least discovered a way to amuse herself. You briefly entertain the idea of joining her, or simply getting off your bum to go search for something stirring like you so want, but lethargy wins in the end. Let adventure find you for a change, you say, as the shadows of sleep start to slide over your eyes.

Zzzz…

Soon enough, you wake to the sound of a soft splash, followed by laughter. You prop an elbow to see Vine waving her baton about with even finer finesses, tapping the pond elegantly in all directions. Big circles, small ones, collide together and resound. In their center, a blue bug with rosy cheeks and a golden cap spins and dances, carefully following the movements of the wand. Despite its miniscule size, you can barely believe its slim, spindly legs can support its body’s weight on top of the water, but they never break once through the surface. As if bearing no burden at all. They carry the little performer to and fro, performing leaps and bounds.

Vine conducts it across the pond and back in a final fabulous flight, landing in the center of a giant ripple that serves as a platform. The lizard precisely times the last few notes surrounding the stage, like spotlights, growing subtler in succession until completely still. Now fully awake, their presentation moves you to applause. The two startle, then Vine smiles and takes a graceful bow. However, Surskit freezes in place, blushing deep as a fire engine. Rather than a proud performer, it has the look of a criminal caught red-handed. Its little legs start to shake, and for a minute you fear it will go under. You continue to pile praise in hopes of pacifying it, but the star skater only seems to shrink at your words, inching further away from the bank. All of a sudden, it bolts, skimming across the lake as if its little life depends on it, leaving only a thin trail of currents in its wake. It suddenly skids to a stop halfway across, backs up, and to your surprise attempts to duck beneath a lily pad. Even from this distance, you can tell its position by the fact its leaf cover is still quivering, causing ripples of its own as it tries to sneak away unsuccessfully. …Some camouflage.

What will you do?
I woke to a strange, yet beautiful, scene. Vine was being carried around by a small, powder blue Pokemon. Their swift movements left blurs of blue and green in their wake; I realized I was now wide awake. Vine flipped her twig around and around in her hand, twirling to her heart's delight, while the small blue Pokemon followed its movements carefully. As to not ruin the party, I drew out my PokeDex quietly.
Quote:
Surskit, the Pond Skater Pokemon. It appears as if it is skating on water. It draws prey with a sweet scent from the tip of its head.
The Surskit's yellow top truly did smell delicious. Its aroma carried through the rainbow-tinted wind to my nose which briefly distracted me from the scene. A bright flash of light broke me of my trance and I turned back to the two Pokemon in time for the finale. Vine flew into the center of rippling water and landed to my rapid applause. It happened before I could stop myself. I should have guessed that a shy-looking Pokemon like Surskit would be frightened by the loud noise; but, I didn't. The Surskit looked up at me and then its legs began to vibrate over the water. Ripples began forming all around its thin legs until it began to slip over the water's surface. My eyes watered at the idea of it falling through so I yelled words of praise.

"That was amazing! You did so well!" but my kind words had an adverse reaction on the Surskit and instead of coming forth, it skitted backwards under a leaf. For a second, I lost it amidst the bright, vivid colors and for the first time I cursed Nature for the incredible spectrum it had created here. But, finally, I discovered a shivering leaf to my right. From one corner, I saw a small blue leg shaking, and I knew I had found the Surskit. Thinking fast, I came up with a plan. I had to calm down the Pokemon; I really liked that Surskit. Beforehand, I had noticed its legs rippling the water, and that gave me an idea.

I relaxed my limbs and calmly floated to my knees. Then, I told myself to think placid thoughts. With quiet breaths and closed eyes, my plan went into fruition. I dragged my index finger to the water's edge, and quickly, dabbed it onto the water's surface. Creating a ripple, I watched it carry through the water and reach the leaf. Continuing to tap at the water, I waited to see if it was working. Unknowingly, I had developed a rhythm and it was actually soothing me. Vine stood next to me and joined me in the tapping. One-two. One-two. One-two. All I was trying to do was calm the Pokemon down with a rhythm, but something greater happened.

A tune came to my mind. I didn't know where it had come from. But, apparently, I had relished the melody. My cloudy memory began to send me images of long, warm hands rocking my body back and forth. A lullaby. I was remembering a lullaby. Losing control of my body and relying on my instincts, I began a soft whistle. I followed the notes in my head, but kept the sound low. Hoping it had reached the small Pokemon, I waited and watched as the beautiful moment melted into my mind and joined the lullaby; a memory I would not soon forget.


Profile

Last edited by RoseradeX; 07-28-2012 at 03:35 PM.
RoseradeX is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #807
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: He chuckles a little at your concerns, "Haha, yeah it is quite different than your world isn't it? The thing is, I'm not sure how to answer that." He thinks for a few seconds before continuing, "Okay here is the story, I use to work for the royal family. My job was to make the best possible inventions for them. One day a portal was discovered in the dungeons of the castle, the portal leads to your world. Actually it's more of a different dimension, since they appear to be axactly the same in their structure, at least the place you call Rainbow Road. It is exactly like where we are right now, only without the houses and such. Anyway, I was sent to you world to gather information on it, and boy was I surprised by what I saw. Everything had a what you call "color" in your world. I think it has something to do with the type of light in your world."

"Anyway, after a few trips I realized how truly different your "dimension" was. Almost everyone was friendly, and there were no forms of punishment for breaking the law! Things like walking after curfew when you are not a guard were acceptable! Exploring without the consent of the royal family is even encouraged!" He seems genuinely excited and giddy until he continuous, "Now here is why I brought you, I want to rescue someone very near and dear to me in the castle and just go to your dimension for good. I'm not planning on coming back this time. I'm not even sure I'll be able to even if I wanted since the only portal I found was on that edge of the path and I don't know when it will activate again. We were lucky we made it here actually." He has a smile on his face but it soon fades, "They have been slowly trying to bring your world into ours, as you can see by the castles "color". Only they are not planning on bringing the rules of your world along. Not sure how they brought the colors myself."

"Anyway if you are still willing to help me, we have four options into the castle, since I don't think I can get you in through the front door. Two are through the moat, there we can enter either the dungeons or the sewer, both of which have wild Pokémon on the way to the lower part of the dungeons, to protect them from intruders like us. That's where the labs are, where our treasure waits, and coincidently where the person I have to rescue is probably going to be. We have the least amount of probability of getting caught going through the the moat. We can also use the back door, provided we wait for the right time to enter, which might put a strain on our time to get out of here in time. We can also Fly to the upper parts of the castle if you have a flying Pokémon." Seriousness fills his face as he continuous, "Don't worry though, I understand if you want to leave as quickly as possible, I'll get you home safe after we enter the castle, without going to the rescue, if that is what you want. I promise to get you home either way."

How will you respond?
Profile

As her Pokemon awoke, Pest listened to Hugo's intriguing story. He explained the nature of this uncanny dimension, the relative location of this street to Rainbow Road, and the possible differences between the types of light that may or may not produce color. At her side, Mercury sniffed her hand curiously, and she scratched behind his ears while keeping hers on the subject at hand. The more she heard about the many laws of this place, with all its strict punishments, the less she liked the idea of the two worlds bleeding into each other. This royal family he kept talking about sounded like bad news. Memories of old sci-fi shows resurfaced in her mind, filled with episodes of bad actors in worse costumes declaring their intent to emerge from the shadows and enslave the planet. The plot here seemed much the same, but now it was nothing to laugh about.

When Hugo brought up his friend in the castle, she nodded in sympathy. After what she'd heard, there was no way she could leave him or her at the hands of those people. She couldn't even imagine what it must be like in that deceptively lovely castle. Not that she wanted to, though.

Upon hearing his plans to enter the castle she said, "Well, I unfortunately don't have any flying Pokemon, so that way is out of the question. And it probably wouldn't be all that safe to wait for the back door considering we'd have to depend entirely on outside circumstances. Our best bet is probably to use the dungeons or the sewer, whichever you prefer. That way we can kill three birds with one stone: nab some treasure, save your friend, and get to the portal without having to retrace our steps." She smiled, putting on an air of confidence as she recalled her two now-healthy Pokemon. "Well, of course we're going to save him! Or her. It's not like I can just get straight back to my dimension. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help you out?"
Pest is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #808
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: Chikorita chirps happily, nodding in response to your question, and darts into the forest with you following it. The smell of the smoke of the forest seems to fade the further you walk from it, returning to the smell of nature, though you can still see a large stack of smoke where you came from. The damage caused by the pair of individuals seems to be unfathomable. You continue on your way until something swooshes in front of you like a whip, stopping you in your tracks, barely missing. You turn and see a Weepinbell, who does not seem to be happy at all seeing you with the Bellsprout. The Chikorita sees this and goes to your side before trying to communicate with the mad plant, but it is no use as it unleashes another Vine Whip towards you and Chikorita, which drops you to your backside with Chikorita by your side, with the Bellsprout in your arms. It seems to think you've done something to the Bellsprout and it is not happy. The Bellsprout is starting to burn up with a fever in your hands, and it doesn't seem like you have much time to help it...

What will you do?
"Please, my friend. Calm down and listen to me. This Bellsprout might be part of your family, so you are reacting like that. But we didn't hurt him. We saved him from danger. Can a cruel person do this to Bellsprout. If I am evil, I might have killed it instead of save it. If you don't want to believe in me, ask Bellsprout instead." With these words spoken, Nagasaki tried to talk to the enraged Weepinbell to resolve the conflict. On a side note, Nagasaki, after saying these statements, talked to both Blazer and Chikorita. "Chikorita, Blazer, if diplomacy will not work, and the Weepinbell still tried to attack us, Chikorita, if you have a sleep or paralysis-inducing attack, use it against Weepinbell to disorient it. Blazer, if Chikorita's attack fails, we have no other choice than to make him lose his consciousness. If that scene happens, Prepare to set up thre continuous Flamethrowers against it." Nagasaki, in preparation, gets the Oran Berry out of his bag. "Can you handle it without letting yourself to be hurt? If not, better take this. if you can, go on with the plan." Blazer responded to Nagasaki. "I'll take the berry if I need it." Nagasaki then prepares for what will happen. "Let's be alert for everything that might happen. And we must do it pronto, or Bellsprout might not make it to the center. Let's do this for this baby." Blazer saw Nagasaki's fierce, blazing look. He then talked to Chikorita. "Chikorita, we need intense teamwork in this kind of situation. We must do these fast, or it's over for Bellsprout. Can I have your trust?"
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #809
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #31 (07/29/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: "Thank you..." Hugo says, quite emotional as you say that, clearing his throat a little before continuing, "Anyway, we should get going." He gathers a few supplies from the cabinet in a bag before finally saying, "Okay, let's go!" with a confident grin in his face.

You walk out of Hugo's house and head the opposite direction that you came from, toward the castle. The "event" still seems to be showing as the place is still deserted. You walk the many houses, until you finally reach the end of the village, "We've made it!" Hugo says, and you both continue off the village.

"Stop right there!" A pair of forceful voices say those words in unison, which you can only assume are aimed at you and Hugo. Both of you stop, "Where do you think you are going?" Says one of the two men in a similar robe that Hugo wears, but with a hat instead. "We are walking to the castle under the royal families request." Hugo quickly responds, though the two men seem unconvinced. "You two better come with me, we need to clear this with the chief." They both release a pair of Pawniards from Pokéballs in their hands, who seem more than ready to strike as soon as they come out of their home. Hugo releases his own Pokémon, "Bagon, come on out, use Ember on the Pawniards!" He turns to you, "Pest, we need to take care of these two quickly, before others are alerted, I'll take on one of the Pawniards!"

How will you respond?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Dustox begins to flap its wings violently again, only towards Minori this time. The Gust makes him roll back a few feet with the force. He gathers himself from the attack as Kitty begins to spit Bullet Seeds at Dustox, which seem to annoy it greatly. Minori jumps towards Dustox and Headbutts it, bringing it to the ground. From the ground, Dustox slowly gets up and sends one more Psybeam towards Minori, which takes away another chunk of his health, which makes the him start to breathe moderately. Minori tries to Headbutt the Dustox once again, but fails as it takes flight just when it is about to be hit. Kitty quickly unleashes the fire attack on the Dustox, hitting it with Incinerate. The Dustox shakes off the attack once again, looking extremely tired. It continues to fly for a second, but falls to the ground, KO'ed. Level up for Seel & Skitty! "Great! We need to get out of here. We've lost enough time with these. One second." Jenny grabs two Revives from her pocket and uses it on the two fallen bugs, which make an upset sound before flying away. She then takes out a spray, "Your Pokémon look quite tired, let me handle it." She sprays both Seel and Skitty, and then her own Growlithe with the bottle. "That will heal them completely, it will take a little while but it'll take effect." You all then continue to follow the trail, with all companions by your side, except for the Growlithe who is guiding everyone.

After another hour passing by, the day seems to be getting darker as the night keeps approaching. You then notice a pretty big wooden cabin up ahead. You continue heading in that direction, getting closer and closer to it. The fiery pup stop a few feet from the cabin, and it seems like the Rapidash trail ends there, with shoes' footprint on the ground leading up to the door of the cabin. Jenny whispers to everyone, "Okay everyone, we've made it, be careful now!" The cabin seems extremely quiet, and Jenni gets underneath a window and slowly pokes her head above to take a peek of the inside. She then motions you to go to the door with her. You both stand in opposite sides of the door and she whispers, "In three I'll open the door, one....two...three!" An alarm starts to sound immediately as Jenny opens the door, and as soon as both Growlithe and Jenny run in, a powder falls on top of them. Both of them try to shake of the powder but it is too late. They both start to look drowsy, "Sleeping Powder..." Jenny mumbles before she and Growlithe fall asleep on the ground. The alarm keeps blaring, and it seems it is just a matter of time until whoever is in charge to appear...

What will you do?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: The Weepinbell hears your sincere words and seems to believe you, at least for now as it lowers its attacking stance. The Chikorita chirps again, signaling it is time to go, with everyone running towards the Pokémon Center, including the Weepinbell, who seems to want to keep an eye on you. A half an hour after following the Chikorita, you finally see the white an red colors of the Pokémon Center. The closer you get though, you start to see a group of injured Pokémon outside the center with nurses running around.

You are finally in front of the center, injured Pokémon of all types seem to be around, from Bidoof to Caterpie's. A nurse notices the Bellsprout in your hands before rushing to you, "Oh my, we'll take care of this one right away." She takes the Bellsprout as another nurse approaches you, "It'll take a while to get your Bellsprout back. As can see we are spread pretty thin here. We should be alright once the emergency supplies get here from the other Pokémon Center from the south of the lake arrive. Though they should have arrived a while ago." She seems rather concerned but she quickly adds, "We can heal your Torchic and Chikorita a little, they look quite tired. We can't use the equipment on them but a Blissey could definitely heal them if you want."

How will you respond?

Thrain: Look back here.


ChaoticHell83: A few seconds pass from your declaration, with every passing one seeming like an eternity. Suddenly you see some movement in the top of the trees in the opposite side of the pond, with something dropping from them. A young girl with a green shirt and short with a sash drops from them, with a green Pokémon, slightly resembling a chameleon on her head, with a red zig zag stripe across its body, and an apparatus that looks like a megaphone hanging on side. She eyes you suspiciously, and seems to think for a little while as she looks at you, "Fine, I shall help your Pokémon." She then grabs a Pokéball from her sash and presses the button in the center, releasing bright lights which take shape of a cat. "Skitty!" it say happily as it emerges. "Ra, can you please use Wish on his Pokémon?" The Skitty nods happily, ready to help your Pokémon. You let out your Pokémon, who are quite tired, ready to be healed by the helpful girl and her Skitty. "Sorry if I scared you, we've been getting not so friendly visitors lately. They have been harming the Pokémon in the forest and destroying our lands." She then looks at you a few seconds after both of Ra's Wishes work, healing both your Pokémon almost completely, "My name is Yolanda, by the way. Your Pokémon are healed now. Be careful out there. Actually, what are you doing in these part of the forest anyway?" Genuine interest seems to fill her face as both your Pokémon look on, completely refreshed after their battle.

How will you respond?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.

Last edited by Itzatrap; 07-29-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #810
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: With your plan in motion, there is nothing you can do anymore but wait for your Pokémon to pull through. You focus on Gaius for now, who seems like a completely different Pokémon as he assaults the Panpour relentlessly with Outrage. He swipes his claws on the Panpour, and then pushes it to the side by ramming into it. Meanwhile, Min starts to head cautiously towards the Pansage, and starts to climb the tree from the opposite side of Pansage's branch. She gets close enough, a few feet from the Pansage, but it seems to hear Min as it turns it's focus from the battle towards the tree trunk, but turns it's attention back to the battle after a few seconds of seeing nothing. You turn back to the battle and the water monkey unleashes another stream of water, and the Water Gun hits Gible right on, but it seems like the Gible is more focused on its rage as it spits out a flame towards Panpour, taking more health away as the Outrage continues. You notice the Panpour is now panting, and it seems quite difficult to tell how much longer Gible will continue this assault. You begin to hear a lullaby, and realize that while you can't hear it that well, it is definitely Min Singing the Pansage to sleep. The Panpour releases 4 water orbs around its body with Aqua Ring, which start to circle around it. Gaius' Outrage is still in effect as it starts to head towards the Panpour once again, scratching and kicking it, popping two o the orbs around Panpour. The Panpour is pushed back quite a bit by the attack, and Gible finally stops his assault, stopping completely like a robot without oil, trying to recover itself from the assault. It looks like Gible will need a little time to recover from it. (You may only use two commands next turn) Gible's health is around 3/5 of the way full and Panpour is about 2/5 of the way full after an orb returns to its body to heal it by a sliver, with 1 orb remaining, orbiting around it. Gible's energy is about 2/5 full and Panpour has about 3/5 remaining. Min's Singing also seems to be starting to take effect as the Pansage's grasp starts to falter for a second, but it shakes it's head before grabbing it tightly once again. Looks like Min will need a little while longer for the simian to fall asleep.

What will you do now?
Gaius’s Outrage didn’t get the job done, and now he’d pay the price. The Gible was panting, visibly exhausted, and the next instructions couldn’t be too demanding. But he couldn’t afford to waste too much time, because the Panpour wasn’t letting up and it still had a means of recovery available, whereas they did not. He had to rethink his strategy… Did he have any other move that could hit the opponent hard enough? Outside of Outrage and Tackle, all of Gaius’s other moves were…

Wait. No, they’re not. Gible are part Ground, but while Ground is weak to Water… Water-Types don’t resist Ground attacks! So we do have another weapon!

This would probably require Gaius to use most of his remaining strength, but at least it didn’t require a lot of movement – at least that would save him some energy. And if bad came to worst, maybe they would get lucky and either Panpour’s own exhaustion or the Sand Attacks from before would finally have an effect if the simian tried to strike back.

- Alright Gaius, one final effort! Hit him twice with your Earth Power!!

Briefly turning his attention from the fight to look at the spectator Pansage, Levin was pleased to find that at least part of his plan had worked out – their target was becoming visibly drowsy, and apparently hadn’t noticed Minccino. Atta girl.

Keep going Min, that’s the way… just a little longer!



((OOC: I will be unable to reply to any updates for the first two weeks of August (possibly a little longer), so if you can, please don’t drop me for inactivity! Thanks in advance.))
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #811
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: "Great, you won't be disappointed!" She says, and with that you are both off, this time to the back again. The Pokemon seem the same but, there is a different energy in the place, maybe because all the Pokémon seem to be hungry. Jenni comes in a small cart, with all sorts of different foods in the back, the smell of them being a little weird together, "Don't worry, this isn't for us, it's for the Pokémon!"

You start to feed the Pokémon, and all of them seem to be focused on the food as soon as see it. With most of them fed only the psychic "group" seems to be left. As soon she puts out the food for them, all the remaining Pokémon rush to it, but she then comments on the only one who doesn't seem hungry, "Chimeco, it doesn't eat with the other Pokémon, it likes to eat alone, don't know why though, we'll take it inside to eat with us in a few minutes. I'll go prepare us something to eat, it'll be ready in 10 minutes." She then rushes back inside, and with Jenni gone, the Chimeco slowly approaches you. Before you get a chance to say or do something you feel something tickle your back, startling you and Chimeco as you hear the culprit laugh at your reaction, a Smeargle, barely holding on to its tail/paintbrush on the floor, laughing...

What will you do?
"Great, you won't be disappointed!" she says as they start walking to the back.

"I'm sure I won't be disappointed. This place is amazing! The Pokemon look so healthy, and everyone in your family looks so industrious! I mean, you! someone younger than me, already cooks and stuff. I might need some lessons later if you won't mind." he chuckles as they continue walking.

He glances at the passing sights in the house, the refined details clearer in his memory than what has been imprinted before. The familiar door brightens up his mood, knowing that what lies behind is something worth seeing.

They exit the building and find themselves in where he met his new friend Vulpix. The aura emanating from the Pokemon feels more energetic and wild, stemming from the thought that it is feeding time. Jenni enters with a cart full of food emitting a weird scent all together. The young lad winces a bit at the foreign smell before asking if that was their afternoon snack. "Don't worry, this isn't for us, it's for the Pokémon!" she replied, causing a hearty laugh from the inquirer.

He grabs some packs and starts feeding the Pokemon, petting some on the way but noting that they have their eyes glued on the food he's holding while doing so. They rush to the food he lays out like they haven't eaten for days, causing Rey to flash a smile and feel content with the sound of sighs of satisfaction and approval.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

"Only one group left! I can't wait to see how this group eats this stuff. The reaction is always what gets me going!" he states.

Jenni takes the liberty of feeding the last group, laying out the food, evenly spread. All the remaining Pokemon bar one rush to it like wild Emboars. You can't help but wonder what's up with the remaining Psychic type, only to be met by a comment from Jenni. "Chimeco, it doesn't eat with the other Pokémon, it likes to eat alone, don't know why though, we'll take it inside to eat with us in a few minutes. I'll go prepare us something to eat, it'll be ready in 10 minutes." she says before dashing off into the house, leaving you and the soothing bell Pokemon alone.

"Well hi there li-"

He is stopped cold by a sudden jolt of laughter coming out from his mouth, startling both himself and the Chimecho. He doesn't even have to turn around to hear the laughter of the madman who tickled you out of no where. He turns his head to see a Smeargle, rolling on the floor laughing contagiously. Rey chuckles a bit before casting a smirk in its direction.

He snaps to call its attention and bends down to see it eye-to-eye. "A little feisty aren't we? You don't have to be rude to guests, I don't mind it myself, but you startled poor little Chimecho over there. What do you want, anyway? A battle? A tickle war?" as he scans the Smeargle with his Pokedex.

"Oh! I wouldn't forget about you Chimecho! I know someone who can play with you and battle if you ever feel up to it!" he says with conviction, pulling out a shiny Pokeball from his bag. He tosses it up into the air and out comes a Ralts with his energy and strength restored.

"So, had a good rest, buddy? Well, here's my new acquaintance Chimecho and Smeargle. I was thinking you could battle Smeargle or Chimeco for me if ever they want to rumble." he says.

"Though, getting back at Smeargle should be my main priority," he says as he glares at the perpetrator.
__________________

Last edited by pengyzu; 07-29-2012 at 11:17 PM.
pengyzu is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #812
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Dustox begins to flap its wings violently again, only towards Minori this time. The Gust makes him roll back a few feet with the force. He gathers himself from the attack as Kitty begins to spit Bullet Seeds at Dustox, which seem to annoy it greatly. Minori jumps towards Dustox and Headbutts it, bringing it to the ground. From the ground, Dustox slowly gets up and sends one more Psybeam towards Minori, which takes away another chunk of his health, which makes the him start to breathe moderately. Minori tries to Headbutt the Dustox once again, but fails as it takes flight just when it is about to be hit. Kitty quickly unleashes the fire attack on the Dustox, hitting it with Incinerate. The Dustox shakes off the attack once again, looking extremely tired. It continues to fly for a second, but falls to the ground, KO'ed. Level up for Seel & Skitty! "Great! We need to get out of here. We've lost enough time with these. One second." Jenny grabs two Revives from her pocket and uses it on the two fallen bugs, which make an upset sound before flying away. She then takes out a spray, "Your Pokémon look quite tired, let me handle it." She sprays both Seel and Skitty, and then her own Growlithe with the bottle. "That will heal them completely, it will take a little while but it'll take effect." You all then continue to follow the trail, with all companions by your side, except for the Growlithe who is guiding everyone.

After another hour passing by, the day seems to be getting darker as the night keeps approaching. You then notice a pretty big wooden cabin up ahead. You continue heading in that direction, getting closer and closer to it. The fiery pup stop a few feet from the cabin, and it seems like the Rapidash trail ends there, with shoes' footprint on the ground leading up to the door of the cabin. Jenny whispers to everyone, "Okay everyone, we've made it, be careful now!" The cabin seems extremely quiet, and Jenni gets underneath a window and slowly pokes her head above to take a peek of the inside. She then motions you to go to the door with her. You both stand in opposite sides of the door and she whispers, "In three I'll open the door, one....two...three!" An alarm starts to sound immediately as Jenny opens the door, and as soon as both Growlithe and Jenny run in, a powder falls on top of them. Both of them try to shake of the powder but it is too late. They both start to look drowsy, "Sleeping Powder..." Jenny mumbles before she and Growlithe fall asleep on the ground. The alarm keeps blaring, and it seems it is just a matter of time until whoever is in charge to appear...

What will you do?
Minori took a hit as Dustox hit him with Gust, pushing the Seel back a few feet. While Minori was busy getting himself back on track, Kitty spat a load of Bullet Seed at Dustox, the latter turning around in an annoyed manner. Minori took his chance and Headbutted Dustox from behind, smacking the moth down, only to receive a shot of Psybeam as Dustox made its way back up. Attempting another Headbutt Minori went flying, right past Dustox as it dodged beyond Minori’s reach.

Kitty decided to take her chance, releasing Incinerate right at Dustox, making it squeal loudly in pain while shaking off the attack. It flew on for one, two seconds – then crashed into the ground, unconscious. Noriko looked on silently for a second before erupting into excited shouting and jumping. “We did it, guys! We really did it!” Kitty and Minori, although tired, looked just as happy as their trainer, but also stronger than before. Noriko knew they’d gained more experience before her Pokédex started beeping from her bag about a level-up.

Noriko turned to Jenny, who’d also finished her own battle with Ninjask. "Great! We need to get out of here. We've lost enough time with these. One second." She took something out of her bag – two Revives, and used them on the passed out bugs, both flying away with an irritated squeak. For some reason Noriko found this a bit amusing.

"Your Pokémon look quite tired, let me handle it." Jenny was now holding a bottle in her hand, spraying its contents on Kitty, Minori and her Growlithe. "That will heal them completely, it will take a little while but it'll take effect." Growlithe barked, springing into action and running after the trail of the kidnapper – luckily he hadn’t lost the scent. Noriko returned Minori back in his ball before grabbing Turtwig in her arms to enable faster moving. Hopefully they wouldn’t be too late!

After about an hour of following the trail, the group discovered a big cabin in the middle of the woods. The sun had set down even further, making the cabin look more threatening than it most likely would’ve during daytime. Growlithe stopped – there were Rapidash’s trail marks that ended a small distance from the door. They seemed fresh too. "Okay everyone, we've made it, be careful now!" Noriko nodded at Officer Jenny’s words and the gang quietly moved closer to the cabin.

Jenny moved under a window, popping her head up to see inside, much like a secret agent. She then motioned with her hands for Noriko and the rest to move to the door. Noriko put Turtwig back on the ground as Jenny sneaked her way to the door. The officer grabbed the doorhandle. "In three I'll open the door, one....two...three!”

As soon as Jenny got the door open an alarm started blaring loudly. She and Growlithe ran right in, only to have something fall all over them. Something light, powdery and blue. Both became drowsy immediately. "Sleeping Powder..." Jenny and Growlithe fell asleep despite their efforts to shake off the powder, leaving Noriko, her Pokémon and Turtwig to fend for themselves. With the alarm still on, Noriko was sure they’d have company soon enough.

“Quick, let’s hide!” Noriko grabbed Kitty beneath one arm and Turtwig under the other, making a quick leap into a nearby bush. Saving Vee would never work if they were all caught by the kidnapper and the Sleeping Powder trap suggested he didn’t like people coming after him. Noriko tried to stay as still and quiet as possible, hoping that an element of surprise would give them an opening.
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 07-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #813
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: "Thank you..." Hugo says, quite emotional as you say that, clearing his throat a little before continuing, "Anyway, we should get going." He gathers a few supplies from the cabinet in a bag before finally saying, "Okay, let's go!" with a confident grin in his face.

You walk out of Hugo's house and head the opposite direction that you came from, toward the castle. The "event" still seems to be showing as the place is still deserted. You walk the many houses, until you finally reach the end of the village, "We've made it!" Hugo says, and you both continue off the village.

"Stop right there!" A pair of forceful voices say those words in unison, which you can only assume are aimed at you and Hugo. Both of you stop, "Where do you think you are going?" Says one of the two men in a similar robe that Hugo wears, but with a hat instead. "We are walking to the castle under the royal families request." Hugo quickly responds, though the two men seem unconvinced. "You two better come with me, we need to clear this with the chief." They both release a pair of Pawniards from Pokéballs in their hands, who seem more than ready to strike as soon as they come out of their home. Hugo releases his own Pokémon, "Bagon, come on out, use Ember on the Pawniards!" He turns to you, "Pest, we need to take care of these two quickly, before others are alerted, I'll take on one of the Pawniards!"

How will you respond?
Profile

Hugo was surprised, though grateful, for her decision to help his friend. "Thank you..." he said, seeming on the verge of tears. Then he cleared his throat and became all business. "Anyway, we should get going," he remarked, taking various items from his cabinet for future use. "Okay, let's go!"

Pest half expected a small army to be standing just outside the door and ready to seize them, but the streets outside Hugo's house were just as empty as before. The only signs of life came from the ongoing whipping. Then again it wasn't exactly comforting to hear that ominous chanting, especially now that she knew about its source. They left silently anyway, and gradually the noises of the "event" faded behind into nothing, muffled by distance and the many houses separating them.

Before she knew it, they had passed the last of the houses and stood on the very edge of the village. "We've made it!" Hugo exclaimed, and Pest felt a surge of relief at getting away so easily. The rainbow castle looked much closer now than it had before, and it probably wouldn't be too much trouble to make their way over there.

"Stop right there!" The voice came out of nowhere, and they were surprised enough to actually do so. "Where do you think you are going?" it added as two men emerged from the shadows, dressed in white robes and strange hats.

"We are walking to the castle under the royal families request," Hugo said quickly, putting on an air of bravado.

The men's eyes narrowed, unbelieving. "You two better come with me, we need to clear this with the chief." In a flash of light, they released a pair of wicked-looking Pawniards, brandishing the arms on their blades threateningly.

Hugo wasted no time in letting his own Pokemon out. "Bagon, come on out, use Ember on the Pawniards!" As the little dragon prepared to spray their foes with fireballs, he glanced at her with a worried expression. "Pest, we need to take care of these two quickly, before others are alerted, I'll take on one of the Pawniards!"

Pest swallowed and nodded. Fighting a wild Lillipup was one thing, she knew; fighting a clearly hostile Pawniard was quite another. She really didn't have an option here on whether to win or lose, since the latter would lead to unthinkable consequences. Releasing her Charmander, she quickly gave her commands. "Vesta! Sorry for making you battle again so soon, but we need to get this done. I want you to Growl to make them falter a bit, and then use your own Ember twice to hit them." She bit her lip, waiting for the fight to unfold.
Pest is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #814
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #32 (07/31/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: "Pawniard! Leer at the Charmander, then Scratch it twice!" The Pawniard looks at Charmander, quite maliciously as it Leers at her, lowering her defense while sending a shiver down her spine. A loud Growl is emitted by Vesta as she shakes off the intimidating feeling of the Leer, and also manages to intimidate the Pawniard slightly, lowering its defense. The Pawniard, while a little reluctant, rushes towards Vesta, and Scratches her, making her wince as she is struck, but she manages to retaliate by sending the flame balls towards the Pawniard, taking quite a bit of damage from the Ember. It shakes off the flames and strikes Vesta once again with another Scratch across her arm, taking a little more health away from the Charmander. Vesta holds her arm as the sting of the attack is still present, but spits another round of Ember towards the Pawniard. It tries to slash the fire attack away, but fails as the attack touches it, taking more health away. It manages to shake off the atack again and both Pokémon look confident as they stare at each other, ready to continue. "Pawniard, use a Dual Chop on it, then hit it with the strongest Headbutt you can do and finish this round by Scratching again!"

What will you do?


Space Path
pengyzu: The Smeargle looks at you and Kara, crossing its arms as you mention rumbling. It doesn't look like it is up for a battle. And the Chimeco even less so, as it seems to have disappeared while you looked at the Smeargle after being scared and challenged to a battle as well. The Smeargle turns away from you and starts to draw in the golden ground underneath him. You try to take a peek, but he just moves to block you from seeing whatever it is drawing on the floor.

After a few minutes he moves out of the way to reveal this. "Time to eat!" Jenni says as she approaches you. "I see you've met our group's prankster." A smile fills her face as she says that, "It was abandoned a while ago by a trainer passing through. It took a while, but it recovered fairly quickly considering what it went through, though it doesn't really trust any humans except for us when they come over." She pets the Smeargle in the head as she says that. "Anyway, you should wash up, the kitchen is through the side. You can wash up there, the dining room is on the other door in the room . I'll check up on a few Pokémon and meet you there." You agree and head towards the kitchen door. The kitchen smells wonderful, with all sorts of delicious smells mixing. You see the sink and wash up. Afterwards you head to the other door, which has a large table with 6 chairs and foods of all kinds on the table. It smells wonderful, mouthwatering even. You walk around the table to take a peek at all things that are offered, from beans, rice and salads, to different types of meat, from which you assume to be Miltank meat and burgers. You continue to admire the set up, until you hear something coming from an opposite door that that you came from, "Fine, I'll also include the Sneasel." It is the voice of Jenni's father, you can't help but continue to listen through the slightly opened door, as another man speaks, "Fine I'll buy the Sneasel and Chimeco for 150,000 coins." "That's fine." Jenni's father responds. "Great, you'll hear from us once we finish breeding it to get your cut of the profit as well." Jenni enters from the same side you came from, with the Chimeco right next to her. "We can finally eat! I'm so hungry! You and Kara made quite an impression on the Smeargle, it can't wait to see you again! Please take a seat!"

How will you respond?

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: You decide to hide and ride it out, at least until the right moment. You stay as still as possible, with Turtwig and Skitty by your side, looking at Jenny thrown on the floor with Growlithe in front of her, sleeping through the noise like sleepy Snorlax. A few seconds pass and you suddenly see movement inside the cabin, and see someone get near the door, a man, the same man that stole Vee! He seems to turn off the alarm, and Turtwig can't help but to get tense looking at him, nearly bolting towards him, but stops itself. The man takes a look at Jenny and Growlithe, "Fools." he says to himself, with a big smug grin on his face. He quickly takes Jenni by the hand and Growlithe by the paw, dragging both of them into the cabin, closing the door as he goes in. A minute passes and you see the man in the middle of the room through the window, looking the other way, so you decide to take a closer look through the window. You glance at the man and he has finished tying up Jenny's leg and arms behind her back, and is now working on Growlithe's mouth, until he finally moves to the legs. The room seems to be square with a staircase to the left of the entrance. The room is about 40 feet by 40 feet, with the man being in the center of the room, about 15 feet from the door with Jenny an Growlithe at his feet. Now seems like the perfect opportunity to strike as he ties the Growlithe up. You did not hear a click to signal that he locked the door, but you remember what happened to Jenny, so you would need to avoid that happening to you, unless maybe there is no backup sleeping powder for the second person, hopefully. You notice a rock near where you are, large enough to break the window. But your Pokémon would need to be carried over the glass somehow should you break the window and go in through it, or you could throw them in... You could also try and look for more help, but who knows what might happen to Jenny and Growlithe while you are gone. Whatever you do, you need a plan and quick.

What will you do?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Min continuous to Sing to the Pansage, and it is getting more tired, with its eyes closing for a second, and then opening, before closing them again each time for a little longer. Meanwhile, the Panpour spat another stream of water towards Gaius who seems to still be frozen after the effects of Outrage. Gaius gets hit by the Water Gun, and it seems to wake him up, but it also takes health away. Gaius fills its paw with Earth Power, and strikes the ground, which transfers the energy towards the Panpour, moving the ground underneath it, shaking it to the core and taking health away. The Panpour does not seem happy at the attack, and lunges once again towards Gaius, Scratching him across his face, taking a little damage away. Gaius retaliates by filling its paw with Earth Power once again, hitting the ground and shaking the floor underneath Panpour. It hisses at Gais before Scratching him once again, taking a little more health away.

You then see the Pansage drop on the tree branch, fast asleep with the bag falling over its shoulder and into the ground. Min quickly goes to the foot of the tree and grabs the bag, bringing it to you. Both apes finally notice Min, and turn to their friend, who is sleeping, and get away from the battle and run up the tree, checking to see if their friend is alright. Looks like you've got the bag with the Escape Rope in it as you open it. The apes are still tending to their friend, perfect opportunity for you to run back to the hole while the apes are distracted.

What will you do?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: Look back here.


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.

Last edited by Itzatrap; 07-31-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #815
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: The Weepinbell hears your sincere words and seems to believe you, at least for now as it lowers its attacking stance. The Chikorita chirps again, signaling it is time to go, with everyone running towards the Pokémon Center, including the Weepinbell, who seems to want to keep an eye on you. A half an hour after following the Chikorita, you finally see the white an red colors of the Pokémon Center. The closer you get though, you start to see a group of injured Pokémon outside the center with nurses running around.

You are finally in front of the center, injured Pokémon of all types seem to be around, from Bidoof to Caterpie's. A nurse notices the Bellsprout in your hands before rushing to you, "Oh my, we'll take care of this one right away." She takes the Bellsprout as another nurse approaches you, "It'll take a while to get your Bellsprout back. As can see we are spread pretty thin here. We should be alright once the emergency supplies get here from the other Pokémon Center from the south of the lake arrive. Though they should have arrived a while ago." She seems rather concerned but she quickly adds, "We can heal your Torchic and Chikorita a little, they look quite tired. We can't use the equipment on them but a Blissey could definitely heal them if you want."

How will you respond?
"Thanks for the offer, Ms. Nurse. We appreciate your help." Nagasaki and the others went inside the Pokemon Center. While Blazer and Chikorita are being healed, Nagasaki tried to identify the status of the admitted Pokemon. "Blazer, Chikorita, cure yourselves for now. afterwards, we will go to Glameow to check him and assist him if needed, and then to Peter to report the events in here fore the corresponding action. Chikorita, thanks for your help, and on your succeeding help in advance. I all appreciate it." Nagasaki stood up from his seat. "Rest for a while. we will immediately go there after." Afterwards, he went to the nurse for further investigation on the area's status. "Ms. Nurse, I am Nagasaki, ally and frind of Pokemon Ranger Peter. how many casualties are in here? And what are the status of the majority in here? After my Blazer and the volunteer Chikorita became fully healed, we will immediately report this to Peter for immediate action. Right now, the fire can be possibly all-out. They can help you to help these Pokemon quickly."
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 PM   #816
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,550
Shuckle Is this what you expected? *globglobglob*

Just a reminder to everyone to please post in Size 1 Verdana and the color of the area you are in, as well as include a link to your registration post. Thank you.

Sky Gate

Talon87¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

With all the strangeness your senses have been assaulted by today, trust is becoming much more difficult to afford. Who’s to say you can believe any of what you see or hear from medical personnel, the pilot, or even the pamphlet print for that matter. At this point you’re still not entirely convinced your location amongst the clouds is correct. Lack of confidence leads you to crack open the brochure and choose the safest option suggested to you: A world of water, to soothe and reflect. Water must flee from a source. Follow the source, and you will find a solution. Or so you hope. Hope, in itself, springs eternal.

You tuck the leaflet in your bag, confirm your partners’ presence one last time, and make your way towards the door. Outside, you glance for a guide, whether animate or not, to direct you where to go. Soon you spot several signs attached to the sides of the Sky Gate, conducting traffic to whichever destination travelers please. You scan the markers until you come across one that reads “Fountain Garden”, and below it in small print: “No fishing allowed” accompanied by a drawing of a hooked Magikarp with a cross over its center. Scratched beneath the depiction in even slighter lettering is another message: “Violators will be eaten by Gyarados.” Whether by the same hand that penned the previous caution or not, some cheeky but well-meaning miscreant had even bothered to carve a rough representation of a stick figure being attacked by the flying fish dragon. Huh. Guess you’d better heed that warning.

Despite growing concerned that your place of purpose might not be as peaceful as you thought, you press on down the winding mobile to…


The Fountain Garden

(Update continues after the break.)

dosuser¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You sigh and stretch your legs in the sunlight, glad to be out of that stuffy mansion for once. You can’t even remember the last time you had a real vacation. (Assignments that require you to travel to foreign countries don’t count.) Running secret operations by day, doing battle with enemy agents by night, all this on top of maid duties… A girl – even a guy turned into one – needs a break to herself once in a while. Yep, this’ll be your chance to finally sit back and relax… That is, if your fish friend didn’t have anything to say about it.

Like her name suggests, the wily Enchantress sneaks up behind you and suddenly casts a cold spell of rain. Wiping water from your face, you turn around to find that apparently she wasn’t alone in this plot. Two more Magikarp stare blankly back at you, their innocent guise barely masking a clear penchant for mischief. Upon your greeting, they all splash about together in response, sending another fine spray your way. Chuckling, you call out to the one you recognize, proposing it’s time to move on. You allow her a moment to say goodbye to her newfound friends though, which she does in the flashiest way possible.

Now thoroughly soaked from head to toe, the two of you carry on your quest through the garden in search of more excitement. …And perhaps a towel.

Talon87 & dosuser – As you walk, a small stream offers to accompany the way, and soon its gentle sounds wash away all secondary thoughts. What began as a babbling baby brook matures into a proud parent pool, sustained by a cascade of natural waterfalls and fountains. At the edge where you stand there is only cool serenity, stillness. You are surrounded by it. Yet, you sense a surge of activity. The water brightens to your approach, laughing and murmuring as its waves lap at your feet like a pet, as if greeting an old friend. Then, turning suddenly shy, the surf runs away. Sparkles run and excite on the surface, teasing you to give chase. You sigh, appreciative of the offer but content to remain where you are. Soon forgetting your quest to seek the source, you sink slowly on the soft sand, relaxing for a minute to rest your feet. The warmth makes you feel welcome.

Lazing, you notice a creature further down the shore, closer to where the water meets soil to form mud. A lil blue body with black curved markings, three in a row pulsing down its belly, and purple spikes protruding from the sides of its head. You watch as the Wooper diligently packs wet earth onto its tail before slapping it onto a rising pile surrounded by pillars, carefully crafting the shapeless mound into what resembles a crude castle. You smile and sit back to quietly oversee the construction, admiring its eye for and dedication to detail. It even troubles to dig a deep trench around the fortress and fill it to the brim with water. As a finishing touch, it finds a piece of driftwood and positions it across the moat, then sticks a few more pebbles here and there as decoration.

Finally it stands back in satisfaction, and you marvel at the masterpiece as well. Clearly Wooper has the potential to become a famed sculptor someday. You consider going down to congratulate and perhaps offer to even promote or purchase its work when suddenly you hear a loud squeal, then a splat, followed by a squelch. You startle, and see Wooper leaping back to avoid being struck by a giant wrecking sphere. Unfortunately, the palace isn’t so lucky to survive, as over half of it is caved by the impact. Wooper wails in dismay and immediately sinks down to try and salvage the remains. Meanwhile, you hear two voices approaching, engaged in argument.

“Jeeze, your stupid Combusken kicked it too far!”

“Not my fault! You threw it too hard! Now where’d it go?”

A boy and a girl come running over the hill, followed by a Marshtomp and Combusken. The boy spots the ball sitting by the shore and, without regard to the desperate pleas of the blue being beside it, stomps all over the rest of the ruined castle in order to pick up his prize.

“Aw man, it’s all covered in mud now.”

“Ew, go wash it off.”

“Whatever, it’s fine. Don’t get your panties in a bunch. Here, heads up!”

With that, he drops the ball and gives it a boot, unaware that Wooper was still below it. You wince as Wooper is sent flying along with the ball, and the girl screams as she catches both in her hands, unable to react otherwise on such short notice.

“Gross, what is this thing?! It’s all slimy!”

She drops Wooper like it’s a hot potato, apparently preferring the mud-soaked ball over it. The poor thing sits up in a daze, only to snap alert as a stone flies by its head, initiated by the boy.

“Shoo! Get lost! Don’t interrupt our game!”

Wooper panics and tries to flee, only to bump into the girl’s legs and mistakenly dive behind them. This causes her bare skin to crawl and another shriek to emerge. The boy chucks another rock towards her feet, just missing the intended target.

“And quit bugging my sister!”

Wooper whimpers as it cowers, and your blood starts to seriously boil. The abuse by these two brats is becoming far too much to bear.

At that moment, you both notice the other bystander staring at the scene from the other side, mirrored masks of fury.

Will you intervene?


Memory Lane

Shadowshocker¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

The flyer and the festival rouse memories deep within you, a few of them rather unpleasant. For but a moment, there’s a brief wonder if the sponsor’s acronym and colorful balloons associated with it had any bearing on the last big (and unfortunately abysmal) fairground event you attended… But it flees before you make the connection. Clenching your teeth and the paper in your hand, you consent that the only course of action to save your own balloon is to bring the boy to a place where there are copious others.

Unfortunately, the problem that plan then presents is the fact that no one would admit a dead body into a celebration of life and joy. Even without a cohort of crows following his every move – which would surely result in curses and commotion from a superstitious crowd – his ghostly appearance alone would raise some questions from curious passerby. How then to go about chaperoning such a harmless chap without raising concern? You ponder as you observe Doldrum steadily deflate under the pressure of acting prisoner, unable to help but amuse slightly at the notion that for one supposed to steal children away to the spirit world, he is instead being held hostage by a spirit child. (Though the latter seems yet unaware he is a thief.) As if the two were tied by a string of fate.

You shake your head and resume your objective, not wanting to lose sight – lest you lose your valued operative. Your first thought is to put a spell over the crowd, but clearly that won’t work. Not only is your only caster too capricious, but maintaining a deception of such dimension, let alone for the entire day, seems doubtful. That only leaves material disguise. You decline your bag and begin to search for any suitable attire that would fit a small boy, while your Pokémon shuffle to surround you just in case of a surprise attack. Jacob again rises on his toes, wondering what you’re up to. Perhaps looking for a present? His hopeful eyes gleam eagerly with slight greed, but who can blame him, given the secrecy with which you conduct yourself? For all he knows you and your Pokémon were all invited guests, meant to surprise him. This is probably the first time he’s been offered a gift by another human since his death, possibly even in life.

At length, you produce a pair of dark glasses and a smart emerald scarf. Those would do for the head, but what about the body? A beat, and you sigh as you stand up, slipping out of your favorite long-sleeved jacket. Your skin shivers as the stale air slides across it, drawing bumps to the surface. To your nonsurprise, you note that Jacob doesn’t seem to mind the chill. Still, you drape the insulation over his shoulders and draw it tight around his tiny body, another purpose leading you to ensure no pale limbs are exposed. Jacob carefully switches Doldrum from one hand to the other as you help him with the sleeves, seeming confused by your actions but obliging anyway. You step back to survey the effect, at the same time worrying that it will disappoint the boy’s expectations. Jacob appears elated with his new look though, feeling the fine quality of the cloth with his free hand.

“Wow, this is the ni-cest coat I’ve ever worn. Thanks, mis-tah!”

Relaxing at his reaction, you carefully append the shades and scarf. His smile, though still somewhat sickly, thankfully shows he at least suspects nothing. While he’s distracted by the new duds, you turn to the Murkrow to propose your plot for getting into the fair unnoticed. They rustle softly in assent, and appoint the Murkrow who has been leading you thus far to remain as an escort. It salutes, and you give a satisfied nod before bracing yourself for the task to come. Drawing in a deep breath, you take hold of the boy’s hand, which feels even colder and clammier than you could have imagined.

“What’s wrong, mis-tah? Where are we going?”

You swallow and shake your head at the first question, and decide to keep silent on the second until you arrive. In fact, you even advise him to close his eyes, since it’s a “surprise”. The request is more for your own sake though, as even behind the tinted lens those black holes tend to unnerve you.

Feeling several more stabbing at your back as the silent mass of Murkrow watches the party go, you steadily steer Jacob to the…


Sky Gate

“Step right up, try your luck! We’ve got tons of prizes!”

“Get your hot dogs here! Popcorn and cotton candy for sale!”

The clamoring sounds and cloying smells of the carnival assault your senses first, and Jacob opens his eyes to a wondrous sight of colors and crowds. They melt and merge together on this vast stretch of cloud, where rainbows and crossroads converge, from which more people are constantly pouring by the minute. He spots the balloons tied to posts, the exotic birds perched on the gate overhead before taking off in a fantastic display, and finally the big banner garlanding the entrance, announcing the Xth annual Cloud Garden gala. His eyes widen, shining so bright beyond their natural dimness, you almost feel a sense of shame for forcing them to hide behind the shade.

“The Sky Fair…” he breathes. “I always hoped my fa-ther would take me here, be-fore he…”

His gaping mouth shuts, lips suddenly sealed tight. He squeezes your hand for affirmation though, as if to assure himself this is not a dream. You find yourself no longer repelled by his touch, growing accustomed to the temperature. Still, there is no movement, no excitement. Not like you would expect. When you look, he seems almost afraid to cross from hard concrete onto the soft cloud. At first you wonder if it’s because the footing looks unstable, so you take a step to show that it’s safe. However, he shakes his head and lets go, and you sense there’s something more to his terror, something far more subtle. As if he realizes, deep down, it divides the line between himself and the living.

You smile and hold out your hand, granting him access. He hesitates, then takes it, and you pull him across. The Murkrow flutters after, helping to steady before shrinking back to the shadows. At the very least it knows how and when to remain inconspicuous, a favor you are thankful for.

Wishing to avoid drawing too much attention by just standing around, you quickly hustle the group inside, touring Jacob along the booths in hopes that something will stir him. Despite his clearly captivated expression, the boy seems way too overwhelmed to make a decision. Like a trance, his feet merely drag listlessly after the leader, gawking at everything – including other visitors. You try to hurry him along before his gaze is met, but eventually you start to grow tired of this game. Looks like you’ll have to choose an activity for him to occupy his attention, and fast.

You hear wings overhead, and look to see one of the late stragglers from the opening routine returning to its trainer. It veers to the left, where you spot a uniformed man standing atop a stage. He reaches out his arm to receive the bird, stroking its feathers before sending it off again to circle the grounds, crooning in a majestic voice for all to hear. You can see some people heeding the call, beginning to gather by the benches set before the platform. Perhaps they’re preparing for an aerial show?

You are then distracted by another beckon from your right, this time belonging to an oddly familiar-looking woman dressed in white as she ushers people in with a winning personality. She practically sings a promotion for her game, which appears to involve lots of – you guessed it, balloons. In fact, there’s a Pikachu floating above her head by way of several balloons tied to its back, tethered to a pole behind her in order to prevent drifting off in a wayward wind.

And then, just up ahead, you can make out a long queue for what appears to be the hottest attraction: the hot air balloon ride. An elderly man with a moustache welcomes cheering children and adults alike aboard the craft, which strikingly resembles Doldrum. Then with a tap of his cane on the side of the basket, the balloon swells and starts to lift, almost expiring out of sight. People stop to point at the beautiful purple ball, parents lifting their kids up to see and promising to take them later when the line thins out. You can only imagine what the view must be like for the lucky passengers who were willing to wait.

With all the enticing options before you, where will you go?


The Rose Arch

DaisyInari¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

With Tuxedo Rose out of commission, it’s up to SUPER DAISY to save the day. You proudly declare your presence to the background of your own beat, provided by Sunshine. The Victreebel stops and stares at the strange pair of you with a mix of bewilderment and frustration, wrinkling its nose at your small stature and eruption of snot spilling out of your pocket. Its expression clearly indicates it’s had enough of dealing with annoying characters and obstacles for one day, wishing to simply enjoy its meal in peace.

Upon hearing your EGG-scrutiating joke, it groans and rolls its eyes, apparently already taking minor damage from the pain of having to endure such a lame pun. In retaliation, it boos your performance by flinging rotten produce – only it doesn’t actually bear fruit so it fires just the foliage. You duck to avoid a RAZOR-sharp LEAF, flinching as you feel it shave a few hairs off the top of your head. Sunshine quickly repositions to defend your face, wincing as the projectiles slice at her wings. Thanks to her plumage’s plush padding, most bounce harmlessly away. However, a few stars catch in the cotton, burying deep.

Hurt that the audience didn’t appreciate your joke, you decide the critic needs to cool off a bit before continuing. Sunshine douses the heckler with a sheet of ice and snow, making it shudder and stiffen. Lacking energy, its movement and jeers reduce slightly. However, it decides two can play at that game, and releases a cloud of STUN SPORE. The seeds settle mostly on Sunshine’s body, though a few stray ones tickle your nose, forcing your allergies to flare again. While you fight to control your incessant sneezing, Sunshine struggles to stay aloft as the spores start to weigh her down, locking her limbs.

However, Sunshine manages to surpass the stage hook by doubling her efforts to impress, beating her wings furiously enough to summon a tornatow. Victreebel’s eyes widen comically as it sees the cyclone approaching, and it deems the only desperate response is to fight wind with wind. It spins rapidly, forming a LEAF TORNADO of its own, which it sends forth to do battle with Sunshine’s servant. The tornatows roar and collide with each other, and Lilligant shields her eyes as the two titans clash for supremacy. You too are forced to stand back as the wind whips your hair, covering your nose as well to avoid more dust being blown in. Sunshine flaps even further to fuel her element, while Victreebel can only afford to add layers of leaves that almost immediately get ripped to shreds. As such, Sunshine appears to slowly gain an edge. She grins as the tornatow starts to move in the direction of her opponent, who panics and maximizes its exertion.

It seems its endeavors are not for naught, however, as the piles of leaves begin to build faster than they can be destroyed, congesting the airways. The leaves and spores clogging Sunshine’s cloud also start to take their toll as she tires. For but a brief moment, the two see evenly eye to eye, and there is a calm before the storm. Then, the opposing currents create a grand explosion, resulting in both competitors being knocked back. BOOM. THE END.

You try to catch Sunshine before she blasts off and becomes a star in the stratosphere, but the shreds of green makes it too hard to see. When the gales subside, your heart leaps to spot Sunshine a short distance away. As you approach however, you notice behind her a red backdrop, and you panic for a moment thinking that she might have crashed into a tree and produced a pool of blood. The red starts to flutter as fabric though, and to your relief you realize her fall was broken by the gentle cloak of Tuxedo Rose, who was woken by the noise. It casts you a gallant grin as it allows Sunshine to slide off the silk to safety, at the same time offering her a flower that causes her to flush the same color as the cape.

To your luck, it also looks like the leaves and spores were at least blown away by the wind, leaving your bird clean as a whistle (as well as sounding like one when you ask if she is okay). When you look to see how far the enemy was tossed, you sour to see it hanging from a tree by its vine, having grabbed on at the last moment to help ground itself. It lowers itself in a daze before spotting Lilligant and your group, shaking its head as it immediately remembers what it was supposed to be doing. It snarls at Sunshine, daring her to try such a trick again – to which Tuxedo Rose tsks and moves forth to defend her with a wink. Looks like Victreebel won’t give up the feast easily, and is now thinking of even adding chicken with herbs to the menu.

What will you do now?


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter – You mull the proposition for a moment. Searching for a rare berry that may or not exist in order to secure an audience with an old owl who may or may not accept your offer – or even know anything about Linguistite for that matter – sounds like a possible waste of time and energy. Still… If it gets you one step closer to the stone you seek, perhaps it is at least worth a try.

You recall Terrance to save him the trouble of making the trip to the falls on his turtle trunks, and invite the lighter Zapz up to your head. Once your group is all set for travel, the grumpy guide and lovely assistant lead the way to…

Rainbow Waterfalls

The waters wave to greet the party as it makes its presence. Here, rainbows not only soar, but swim as well, as the clear surface reflects the sky. The two mice conduct you along the current until you reach a row of rocks, which run roughly across the width of river. They stop and point towards the opposite bank, where you can spot a peculiar plant growing. Its flower bears but a single fruit, bursting with every color imaginable. From the looks of it, you imagine it could very well contain every flavor as well. Your mouth waters at the prospect.

Plusle smiles and makes to begin crossing, but Minun pulls it back, pointing out a large gap between the final few stones and the shore. Plus when you adjust for perspective, the pedestals’ sizes gradually regress. It indicates a fallen log much further downstream, which would serve as a sturdier bridge. Minun starts to continue heading towards the log, but Plusle pouts, thinking it a waste to travel so far when the prize and a direct path to it was right here. Before you or Zapz can act, it’s already jumped onto the first boulder. A few more hops and it’s at the center.

Sensing no one is following, Minun turns around to tell the three of you to get a move on. It then pales upon seeing its partner over two thirds of the way across, perched precariously on a surface area no greater than a pebble’s. It calls and flails its arms in panic, but Plusle merely waves back, unable to hear over the rush of the rapids. It gestures towards the blossom, seeming to imply that it’ll grab the berry and be right back. Minun bites its lips and shakes its head, not at all reassured by this suggestion. However, it can do nothing but watch in terror as Plusle primes itself to make the last leap of faith…

SPLASH!

Minun’s fears are realized as Plusle just misses the target and falls into the water. Its paws reach for the side, scraping a section of rich soil, but it merely crumbles away as silt. In desperation, it manages to grab one of a number of overhanging vines and attempts to cling on/climb it to safety, but the line soon snaps from the demand on its life. Its single saving grace gone, Plusle can only cry out as the torrent swiftly sweeps it away. Minun races after along the sand, keeping pace but unable to do more than shout encouragement. You gulp as you glance down to see where the pair is headed. Sure enough, straight towards a fuming waterfall.

Minun sees it too, and exerts an extra burst of speed, managing to pull ahead. It seems to be heading for the log to try and prevent Plusle’s progress past that point. However, it would obviously be impossible for such a small body to draw another up from that height.

What will you do?


Flame Mistress – After performing a quick background check on the fanatic feline, you determine it to be harmless, if a bit of an enthusiast. There should be no danger in letting it tag along backstage on your tour, to be constantly close to its idol. In fact, it might be fun having your own little groupee in the group. Flare’s eyes beg you to reconsider, but as her producer, you only recognize fame and personal gain. Trust you, this will be a great chance for publicity. She wanted to be a star, now’s her chance. Start with one fan, and build up a following. Yes, it’s the perfect plan. Your mind describes Flare onstage after her performance, when Skitty suddenly appears from the side, bringing the overwhelmed Vulpix a bouquet of roses and posing with her for photos… (Before probably attacking the mic and getting tangled up on the wires, but don’t worry, that’s all part of the appeal. The audience will definitely eat it up!)

Lost in your own little fantasy, you lean down to congratulate the lucky hometown resident for being chosen among thousands. To receive a rare chance to accompany a celebrity’s rise to renown, what could be more exciting? However, the Skitty suddenly freezes upon sensing your hand above its head. Something is wrong. Its beady eyes, already barely visible between folds, narrow to sheer slits in suspicion, and before you can backtrack…

MROOOOOOOOWR!

Leaving little time to flee, the cat instantly leaps upon your face and starts to scratch violently. Its claws even insinuate in large clumps of your hair, pulling at the root in the process of removing them. You shriek and grab its sides while Flare frets fruitlessly at your feet, unsure what to do. At length – and at least – you manage to forcefully pry the feral ball of fur off, facing it away from you to prevent its flailing paws from doing any more damage to your poor complexion (though they merely switch targets to your arms and wrists). Unfortunately, its behind turns out to be just as dangerous as the front. Its TAIL WHIPs furiously back and forth, finishing with a fierce DOUBLESLAP that leaves two burning red marks on your cheeks. Perhaps inviting it to play wasn’t such a fun idea after all.

Finally, as if the facial torture wasn’t enough, its tiny teeth bite down hard on the hand that tried to pet it, causing you to yelp and wave it desperately around. The stubborn creature clings on with all its might, its long tail swishing further to complete the crescent by touching the ground. Like a pendulum, it keeps perfect time. In fact, its perpetual smile almost seems to suggest it’s enjoying the free ride. Despite the additional (and might you add undeserved) pain, you begin to appreciate the impossibility Flare faced in trying to shake the darn thing off.

At last, you succeed in dislodging the weight with a long shot, sending it soaring in a radial arc towards the lone cherry tree in the distance. It hits the trunk with a thud that frees several petals, raining down on its dazed head. You wince, feeling immediately sorry. You hadn’t meant to throw it that fast or far, but panic removed all personal inhibition.

As you approach to try and apologize, the Skitty recognizes you and immediately jumps to its feet, bridging its back. It then scampers up the bark before coming to rest on a high branch, hissing down at you through the foliage. You sigh, wondering what you could have done to scar it so badly – aside from the accidental pitch, of course. (Pausing to examine your own outer wounds, you’re relieved to find the fine lines are at least rather light. It is a kitten after all. Some medicine should hopefully do the trick.)

At that moment, your Pokédex starts to beep. Curious, you open it up again. To your amazement, the digital encyclopedia inflates itself with new knowledge.

“Enabling backlog. Version 4.2 entry.”

Oh, right. Apparently this thing comes equipped with a backwards compatibility feature. You must have conveniently “forgot” about it.

“Skitty, the Kitten Pokémon. It's adorable when it chases its own tail. It's difficult to earn its trust.”

Ah, so it doesn’t trust you yet. Got it. You’re about to stow the device away again when it continues:

“Ver. 3.2 entry. It is said to be difficult to earn its trust. However, it is extremely popular for its cute looks and behavior.”

Okay, you get the picture…

“Activating translation mode.” (Disclaimer: This is only a trial test. The unit is still undergoing development.)

Whoa, since when did technology become so advanced?

“Accessing Mystery Dungeon reports. Approximating message based on observation. At 51%-100% HP, Skitty states, ‘I'm finicky about friends, but I can fight with you.’”

To your surprise, a smug smiley face suddenly pops up on the screen.

“In summary: Don’t count your Torchic before they’ve hatched. :-)”

All right, you’ve heard enough. You slam the Pokédex shut, but it continues to flash and make all sorts of annoying sounds until you stuff it in your bag, shoving it angrily underneath layers of items. You make a note to get it checked out later, and possibly give the snarky programmer a piece of your mind. Meanwhile, Skitty continues to watches from above with a mix of caution and confusion.

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest

Charminions – As you indicate over the girl’s shoulder, she glances up and her eyes bug about to see the number of Combee crawling above her head. Her mouth gapes open and you fear she is about to scream again, so you quickly offer assistance. Her gaze returns to you, hopeful, but then aghast at your request in return. The brat brashly opens her mouth to retort, but then stops as she senses a grand movement. She gulps and sneaks another glimpse of the hive hovering over her hair, as the cloud of Combee part to allow their queen to come forth. That shuts her up. Seems she’s got some sense to keep her voice down at least. After some consideration, she calls to you quietly, remaining perfectly static in the process.

“All right, fine. I’m sorry. Now hurry and help me!”

Not much of an apology, but you suppose it will have to suffice. You are about to coordinate how to get her down from the tree when you hear a snap followed by a scream. You look up to see the girl dangling from the broken branch that was her hands’ only support. You and Apollo race over to be ready should she fall. However, realizing what a direct view from below would afford the two of you, the girl goes red and foregoes all common sense as she begins to kick her legs violently.

“Eeeeyaaaaah! Don’t look!”

For pete’s sake, is this child ever concerned about anything other than her panties? You grimace as you try to get a good grip on the flailing feet, but they’re out of your reach. Even if you were at the right height, you’d probably only end up with another brusque boot to the face again. You wince as you rub at the bruises from before. Saving this kid seems to be far more trouble than she’s worth – so far it’s only caused you pain. Perhaps her fierceness could even fend off a horde of angry bees if left unabated.

Though the thought is amusing, you cannot forget the reality of the situation as the Combee start to collect around the severed stem. You notice some of them sucking on the sap as it seeps in abundance, probably in preparation for propolis (or in layman’s terms: sealing small spaces in order to help stabilize the hive). However, the majority simply seem to sense their helpless victim down below. The girl freezes as she feels them start to creep across her fingers. Rather than a full-blown shriek, she lets out a little gasp more like a squeak. Her eyes roll back as she promptly faints, simultaneously letting go of the limb.

You and Apollo both scramble to catch the bundle of frills, instead bumping straight into each other and falling flat on your rumps. You groan as you feel another bruise forming, this time caused by your own partner’s beak. There’s no time for Apollo to apologize though, as he dives past you to save the small body just before it hits the ground. You quickly check to make sure she is still breathing and there are no broken bones anywhere, and sigh in relief upon finding her health satisfactory. Well, except for a small sting on the back of her wrist, but you can deal with that later once you’re out of the woods.

You smile, thankful that the patient had been (involuntarily) still and silent throughout the brief examination. Had she been awake, she most certainly would have cried foul again and punched you directly in the gut. So long as she’s peacefully asleep like this, she looks like a harmless angel. One could even call her cute. …Suddenly, you get the overwhelming urge to draw on her cheeks.

There’s no time for silly pranks right now though, even though she probably deserves it. A developing drone signals that Vespiqueen and her followers have dropped down to ground level, and are enraged to find you nursing their prey.

At that moment, you hear a moan from the compacted Combee as it struggles to salute its comrades. Compared to the serene child nestled in your arms sucking her thumb, right now it looks like the one more in need of serious medical attention. At this point its internal injuries might require professional care – you highly doubt even Potions could do the trick. If left on the forest floor, it probably will die despite the care of its companions and/or whatever natural remedies might be available.

The horde looks from it to your group and back again before putting two and two together. If they weren’t previously aware that one of their own had been wounded, they are now. They also seem to have concluded that you must be the perpetrator, or at least an accomplice. At any rate, since you and Apollo appear to still be conscious, they arbitrarily switch their target to you two. The Vespiqueen screeches in grief and rage for the attempted murder of one of her children as she begins to ORDER the rest of her minions to ATTACK.

Will you fight or flee?

takkupanda – In desperation, Broly attempts to lock eyes with the Beedrill. At this point, its pure pools only seem to see scarlet. A sea of blood, reflections of rage. Though frenzied movements make contact difficult, Broly eventually succeeds in snapping the soldier to attention. Its limbs stiffen in recognition of a strict superior. Meanwhile, Broly salutes to an even higher position. The planet’s general commander beams with approval, restoring his health in honor of valor.

Upon seeing its rival suddenly awarded, insurgence surges through the lower rank. It refuses the order to continue the war and stubbornly ROOSTs on the earth, seeking to restore its own wounded wing. The tattered white flag of truce. Broly either ignores or is ignorant of the symbol, simply taking advantage of the peace to rub his paws together, sparking flame. He then launches a surprise siege, cutting off the supply of oxygen by striking the stationary bug’s abdomen.

The insect gasps and glares, aghast at the use of such a foul maneuver. Some dignified dog, he definitely did not deserve distinction or decoration. Still, despite the severe blow to both its belly and its pride, its passive strategy seems to have paid off, as it appears refreshed and ready to return to duty. It rises up and RUNs at Broly, hammering in the lesson of proper field practice like a DRILL sergeant. Broly grunts as his body digs into the ground from the force of the attack, quelling flame for the moment.

The Beedrill isn’t done yet, as it decides to try a dirty little trick of its own by scattering TOXIC SPIKEs across the ground, effectively turning it into a minefield. One wrong move and your Pokémon could be blown sky-high poisoned. Unfortunately, as Broly attempts to regain his footing, he accidentally triggers the trap. He howls as a thorn pierces his paw, poison seeping into his veins. Licking the oozing blood in an effort to stem the flow only serves to steepen the pain. His stomach lining soon starts to burn from ingesting further toxins, causing Broly to whine and curl up into a ball, having never experienced a fire this strong in his belly before. Beedrill rubs its needles with glee, pleased to see its Trojan takeover was a triumph. The gloves are off now; nobility has no place on the battlefield.

Nova is clearly concerned for its comrade, but knows better than to try and navigate such a danger zone at the risk of its own life. Instead it falls back on guerrilla tactics, concealing itself once again against the background as it also takes time to recoup. The other Beedrill buzzes in frustration, growing tired of this ploy. However, a good warrior knows that even waiting has its advantages. While unable to accomplish much else, it bides the time by training its body, limbering up to boost AGILITY.

A flash, followed by an invisible pulse. The moment of movement comes. Thanks to its speedy reaction, Beedrill shaves seconds off the strike, springing its snare on the source. All of a sudden Nova finds itself completely caught in an ELECTROWEB. The Beedrill salivates over its success, and BITEs down on the form of its helpless victim, now exposed through the network. The BUG forces a system failure, as Nova’s renewed firewall shuts down again.

With one partner polluted and the other taken captive, things are looking grim for your group. However, the Beedrill are also showing signs of slowing down, having built up a number of battle burns and scars.

*Growlithe has been POISONed*

What will you do now?


Rock Garden

blazeVA¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151¤Link to Your Last Update¤

RoseradeX – The waters welcome you, like a warm embrace. Rhythm flows from your fingers, stirring recollections to the surface. They reflect in the ripples: kind hands reaching out to soothe, to sway. But when you try to touch them, they disappear. Washed away by the waves, sighing as they sink slowly back into the depths. They belong to you, but at the same time you cannot claim to connect. Contact was lost long ago, now buried at the bottom of the pool and your soul.

Still, there is a song, a reminder, soft and sweet. It inflates your essence, and you quietly hum along. The tune calls the images back, swimming shyly just out of your reach. You watch them through the glass, content to remain on the opposite side of the mirror for now. Like a precious painting. Look, but don’t touch. But a part of you cannot resist. You bring your face close this time, almost to a kiss. Whose hands were those, that held you fast in infancy and gently rocked you to sleep? As you struggle to conceive, your breath fogs the picture along with your fingers. Colors run as you swirl the paint lazily in circles, remixing and resounding. A poor impressionist work, never able to perfect the vision in your mind’s eye.

Turns out your heart is not the only thing the melody touches. You smell a familiar sweetness, and recall the rhythm’s original purpose. That’s right. Better return to the basics, the beat. For now at least. There will be time to reminisce later. Looking up, you find Surskit poking its head out from under the leaf, listening to the comfort of such a relaxing piece. Despite its apparent ease, its little legs twitch reflexively every time a pulse reaches it. You smile, inviting it to take the stage once more. Finally, it can no longer hold itself back, and obliges the request for an encore. Vine joins with her twig, and together the three of you form a brilliant symphony.

When the second show is over, Surskit glides up to you, no longer afraid after hearing the quality of your music – as well as your character. By lightly tracing some symbols in the water, you sense it is trying to tell you that what it heard was truly beautiful. Like pure magic. Even without translation, the stars in its eyes don’t lie. It then makes its introduction by extending a spindly leg to shake, which you smile and accept.

Realizing the implication of its action, Surskit sheepishly draws back from the greeting, looking slightly ashamed of having overstepped its bounds. The bug drags its feet a bit before boldly brightening again. It begins to sign slowly at first, but gains momentum as it goes. Though you have to ask Vine for clarification on a few points, the message gradually becomes clear. In the deepest caverns of the Rock Garden, there lives a legendary Maestro. On nights when loud, annoying rock concerts aren’t scheduled outside, many creatures of the surrounding forest secretly gather below the earth in order to hear the Maestro play. Insects are specially invited to come. Surskit has always wanted to attend a performance, and even dreamed of possibly dancing for the benefit of the audience (as well as hoping to catch the eye of the Maestro himself). But fear of failure, not to mention ferocious cave-dwellers, has always kept it from trying. Not once in its life has it ever left the safety of its pond. But perhaps, if the two of you were to accompany it…

It lowers its eyes, shaking again as it immediately regrets its selfish suggestion after having only just met. Still, it sneaks a hopeful glance at you and Vine, whom it feels must be fellow aficionados, kindred spirits. Surely its intimation wasn’t too forward? You would at least all get to appreciate some good music, right? Or is the promise of such an intangible prize too paltry for your palate?

How will you respond?

Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 01-19-2013 at 03:24 PM.
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #817
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: "Pawniard! Leer at the Charmander, then Scratch it twice!" The Pawniard looks at Charmander, quite maliciously as it Leers at her, lowering her defense while sending a shiver down her spine. A loud Growl is emitted by Vesta as she shakes off the intimidating feeling of the Leer, and also manages to intimidate the Pawniard slightly, lowering its defense. The Pawniard, while a little reluctant, rushes towards Vesta, and Scratches her, making her wince as she is struck, but she manages to retaliate by sending the flame balls towards the Pawniard, taking quite a bit of damage from the Ember. It shakes off the flames and strikes Vesta once again with another Scratch across her arm, taking a little more health away from the Charmander. Vesta holds her arm as the sting of the attack is still present, but spits another round of Ember towards the Pawniard. It tries to slash the fire attack away, but fails as the attack touches it, taking more health away. It manages to shake off the atack again and both Pokémon look confident as they stare at each other, ready to continue. "Pawniard, use a Dual Chop on it, then hit it with the strongest Headbutt you can do and finish this round by Scratching again!"

What will you do?
Profile

"Pawniard! Leer at the Charmander, then Scratch it twice!" was what the man ordered, and Pest resisted the urge to sigh in relief. It didn't seem that it would deal too much damage to Vesta just yet.

Pawniard's intimidating Leer was quickly canceled out by Vesta's disarming Growl, and for a moment Pest was completely underwhelmed by how bloody the battle had become. Then the bladed pawn Pokemon slashed out with a vicious Scratch, and she grew serious again.

Vesta spat several small fireballs at her foe in retaliation, an attack which clearly dealt a fairly impressive blow with its super-effectiveness. Collecting itself, Pawniard Scratched at her again, and was it was rewarded with another assault of Ember. Its attempts at cutting the oncoming fire away failed miserably. The two Pokemon then paused for a moment to collect themselves, and their eager-to-fight postures made it clear that this battle wasn't anywhere near over.

The man spoke up again. "Pawniard, use a Dual Chop on it, then hit it with the strongest Headbutt you can do and finish this round by Scratching again!"

So it had been holding back? Great. "Vesta!" she called out, "try another Growl to lower its power a bit more. Then dodge that Headbutt; the last thing we need is for you to start flinching. If you can hit it with your tail fire while you're dodging, that would be great. Finally hit it with another Ember while it's disoriented from the missed Headbutt!"
Pest is offline  
Old 07-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #818
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge
 
ChaoticHell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
ChaoticHell83: A few seconds pass from your declaration, with every passing one seeming like an eternity. Suddenly you see some movement in the top of the trees in the opposite side of the pond, with something dropping from them. A young girl with a green shirt and short with a sash drops from them, with a green Pokémon, slightly resembling a chameleon on her head, with a red zig zag stripe across its body, and an apparatus that looks like a megaphone hanging on side. She eyes you suspiciously, and seems to think for a little while as she looks at you, "Fine, I shall help your Pokémon." She then grabs a Pokéball from her sash and presses the button in the center, releasing bright lights which take shape of a cat. "Skitty!" it say happily as it emerges. "Ra, can you please use Wish on his Pokémon?" The Skitty nods happily, ready to help your Pokémon. You let out your Pokémon, who are quite tired, ready to be healed by the helpful girl and her Skitty. "Sorry if I scared you, we've been getting not so friendly visitors lately. They have been harming the Pokémon in the forest and destroying our lands." She then looks at you a few seconds after both of Ra's Wishes work, healing both your Pokémon almost completely, "My name is Yolanda, by the way. Your Pokémon are healed now. Be careful out there. Actually, what are you doing in these part of the forest anyway?" Genuine interest seems to fill her face as both your Pokémon look on, completely refreshed after their battle.

How will you respond?


Caesar felt a rising in his stomach as the little girl helped him.

"Thank you so much!" H exclaimed hurriedly, "I should've been more responsible and carried Potions for them. I should've thought ahead but, well, as I said I didn't come expecting trouble.

"Sorry if I scared you, we've been getting not so friendly visitors lately. They have been harming the Pokémon in the forest and destroying our lands. My name is Yolanda, by the way. Your Pokémon are healed now. Be careful out there. Actually, what are you doing in these part of the forest anyway?"

Caesar listened carefully while the little girl, Yolanda, explained her suspicious behaviour. Though he felt a bit hypocritical thinking that, considering how he'd just behaved; fighting with the Pokemon whom were minding their own, scaring them off, yelling at the girl when she yelled at him.

"It's quite alright," He began, smiling slightly and nodding his head, "I was a little startled but you were just trying to protect the Pokemon. Quite an admirable goal if I do say so myself. It's a shame you've been getting sch foul visitors, I'd like to know more about them to be honest. Do you know who they are? Where they're from? What and why are they doing what they do? Also, you said it's your lands? Do you own this forest?" He paused for a moment and took a deep breath, "You know, if you need any help I'd be more than willing to team up with you. Perhaps we could find out the source of the problem and fix it, that way it'll stop happening. Or happen less at the least." He took another moment to collect himself, just then realizing how fast and rapidly he was speaking and then also remembering he had yet to introduce himself he extended his open palm towards her, "My name is Caesar by the way, oh, and this is my Scyther, Gaius."

Gaius carefully crept up behind Caesar and straightened his back, eyeing Yolanda and her Skitty, and the other Pokemon with the megaphone looking appartus carefully.
__________________
*** ACTIVE TEAM ***
Gaius Lv.5 Marcus Lv.7 Aurelia Lv. 2 Squirtle Lv. 6 Carnivine Lv. 1

ChaoticHell83 is offline  
Old 08-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #819
RoseradeX
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
RoseradeX – The waters welcome you, like a warm embrace. Rhythm flows from your fingers, stirring recollections to the surface. They reflect in the ripples: kind hands reaching out to soothe, to sway. But when you try to touch them, they disappear. Washed away by the waves, sighing as they sink slowly back into the depths. They belong to you, but at the same time you cannot claim to connect. Contact was lost long ago, now buried at the bottom of the pool and your soul.

Still, there is a song, a reminder, soft and sweet. It inflates your essence, and you quietly hum along. The tune calls the images back, swimming shyly just out of your reach. You watch them through the glass, content to remain on the opposite side of the mirror for now. Like a precious painting. Look, but don’t touch. But a part of you cannot resist. You bring your face close this time, almost to a kiss. Whose hands were those, that held you fast in infancy and gently rocked you to sleep? As you struggle to conceive, your breath fogs the picture along with your fingers. Colors run as you swirl the paint lazily in circles, remixing and resounding. A poor impressionist work, never able to perfect the vision in your mind’s eye.

Turns out your heart is not the only thing the melody touches. You smell a familiar sweetness, and recall the rhythm’s original purpose. That’s right. Better return to the basics, the beat. For now at least. There will be time to reminisce later. Looking up, you find Surskit poking its head out from under the leaf, listening to the comfort of such a relaxing piece. Despite its apparent ease, its little legs twitch reflexively every time a pulse reaches it. You smile, inviting it to take the stage once more. Finally, it can no longer hold itself back, and obliges the request for an encore. Vine joins with her twig, and together the three of you form a brilliant symphony.

When the second show is over, Surskit glides up to you, no longer afraid after hearing the quality of your music – as well as your character. By lightly tracing some symbols in the water, you sense it is trying to tell you that what it heard was truly beautiful. Like pure magic. Even without translation, the stars in its eyes don’t lie. It then makes its introduction by extending a spindly leg to shake, which you smile and accept.

Realizing the implication of its action, Surskit sheepishly draws back from the greeting, looking slightly ashamed of having overstepped its bounds. The bug drags its feet a bit before boldly brightening again. It begins to sign slowly at first, but gains momentum as it goes. Though you have to ask Vine for clarification on a few points, the message gradually becomes clear. In the deepest caverns of the Rock Garden, there lives a legendary Maestro. On nights when loud, annoying rock concerts aren’t scheduled outside, many creatures of the surrounding forest secretly gather below the earth in order to hear the Maestro play. Insects are specially invited to come. Surskit has always wanted to attend a performance, and even dreamed of possibly dancing for the benefit of the audience (as well as hoping to catch the eye of the Maestro himself). But fear of failure, not to mention ferocious cave-dwellers, has always kept it from trying. Not once in its life has it ever left the safety of its pond. But perhaps, if the two of you were to accompany it…

It lowers its eyes, shaking again as it immediately regrets its selfish suggestion after having only just met. Still, it sneaks a hopeful glance at you and Vine, whom it feels must be fellow aficionados, kindred spirits. Surely its intimation wasn’t too forward? You would at least all get to appreciate some good music, right? Or is the promise of such an intangible prize too paltry for your palate?

How will you respond?
Profile

I broke out of the sweet, nostalgic memory and returned to the situation at hand. Looking over by the leaf, I found that a certain small and blue creature was now observing my performance, much to my amazement. Who would have known that a sudden reflection of the past, a light-hearted tune, would have been the way to the Surskit's heart? Briefly taking in its sweet aroma, I smiled and beckoned it forward. Its head turned brighter than usual and I could see its legs still shivering with every ripple in the water; but, eventually, it came out from underneath and skitted towards me.

It began to harmonize with my rhythm and Vine joined in with the small stick from before. Together, we filled an otherwise quiet place with a beautiful sound. The brief memory of loving hands still fluttered through my mind, but I shooed them away to stay in the moment. At last, we ended our song and waited for applause. Although none came, we all seemed happy nonetheless. I turned my attention to the blue creature who was now more comfortable than before. Easily, the Surskit pushed itself on the surface of the water towards me and soon was close enough to touch.

Soon, it began drawing random doodles in the water. They stayed for a moment and then were wisked away into the stream by its light current. It took me a moment to realize it was drawing the same thing over and over again. These could not be simple symbols, but complex drawings and each one held an emotion. Gratitude? Maybe. By taking a look into its bright eyes, I saw something different. I saw a compliment. It must have truly thought what we had just done was sensational; maybe to the point where it would like to come with me. Conflicting thoughts seemed to pass through its mind, but it then handed one of its small limbs to me. Not a second passed before I lightly gripped it with two fingers; I had never noticed how small the creature was.

For a second, I thought I saw shame in its eyes. I stared into its eyes with a gentle smile. It's ok. I hope it received the message. Apparently so, it began to spin around in the water, splashing drops everywhere. The splashes became symbols, and the symbols became messages. Confused, I turned to Vine for guidance. She helped me clarify what the Surskit was trying to tell me. It wanted me to go somewhere. But where? It was drawing beautiful rock formations and a quiet earth with holes. Vine shrugged at the landmarks, but, I seemed to understand. A name clicked into my mind. The Rock Garden? To my surprise, I had spoken those words out loud, and the Surskit seemed to nod.

Through Vine, I learned that in one of the deepest caves, maybe even similar to a grotto, there lives a thing, a Maestro. Did this Pokemon want to go there? The name Maestro seemed to ring a bell, and the sudden memory entailed that Bug Pokemon were especially welcome. The Bug before me began to skate across the water and I could see a dreamy look in its eyes. I knew that I had that look in my eyes sometimes, and if I could fufill my own dreams, maybe I would finally be happy. But, I would first have to remember what those dreams are, and who I really am. A sudden urge shifted through my body: an urge to help this Pokemon. Maybe in exchange, it would join me as well. Its pale blue body was looking up at me, wondering if it had been selfish to ask such a thing. Adventure had found me, just as I had asked for it.

"I'll go with you. I'll be able to fend off anything that tries to harm you." I stared at it for a response and it span in a vibrant circle. Turning my attention to Vine, I saw some worry in her eyes. There may be some trouble along the way, but I gave her a reassuring look. Everything would be fine.

I was about to walk away when I realized I couldn't. Had I stepped in some mud? No. Had some Pokemon grabbed me with its tail and would it now lure me to my doom? No. I had frozen myself. I had gained another souvenir from my past. Alas, this time there was no song. There were no arms to hold me tight. Only fear gripped my once delighted heart. The fear of darkness: the fear of not knowing where I am, who I'm with, and what lay before me. I shuddered at the cruel thoughts and I began to ponder if my body was trying to warn me. Those caves held nothing but shifty shadows and cruel creatures who had no sympathy for me. I unfroze to look at Surskit who was still maneuvering over the water's gentle slope. I weighed my emotions. Was my volition to help Surskit overbearing compared to the fear I had for the darkness ahead? Finally, I settled on yes.

First, my hands unfroze. Soon, the rest of my body followed. Vine began to climb onto my back, but, decided otherwise. I guessed she wanted to stay with the Surskit. Those two had grown quite a bond. I wondered what had happened when I was asleep. Pushing away those thoughts and strengthening my drive, I asked the two playful Pokemon, "Where do we go?"

I took a deep breath and prepared myself. I would need all the courage I had for this next adventure.

Last edited by RoseradeX; 08-01-2012 at 03:16 PM.
RoseradeX is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #820
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #33 (08/04/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: Vesta nods before Growling loudly once again, making the Pawniard slightly warier as it looks on, with it's attack lowered a little. It looks at the blades that are it's hands, and they begin to glow slightly as they fill with dragon energy, until it finally leaps towards Vesta, slashing her with a Dual Chop, which take away a decent amount of health, visible by her winces as the blades slash her tough skin. Vesta shakes the attack and prepares to Dodge, as the Pawniard finally starts to rush towards Vesta headfirst. It tries to Headbutt Vesta, but she moves out of the way just at the right time, quickly turning to the Pawniard that missed its mark and sending small fireballs towards it with another Ember. The flames hit the Pawniard in it's back, growling madly and trying to put out the flames in it's back. The Pawniard, looking quite mad now, Scratches Vesta across the face, making her hold nose from the stinging pain. Both Pokémon now seem to be totally fired up, ready to tear each other to pieces...

What will you do?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: The nurse looks around the room, "Audino! Can you please take care of this Chikorita and Torchic?" The Audino appears in front of both Pokémon and examines them before getting to work on them. Meanwhile Nurse Joy starts answering your question, "As you can see, we have many injured Pokémon around, most of them only have light injuries, and we were lucky that's the case after the magnitude of the fire. We still need the emergency supplies that were suppose to arrive half an hour ago to heal the Pokémon with lesser injuries. That and we also need the vehicle to take some of the lightly injured Pokémon to another Pokémon Center to rest there to reduce the strain on this center. Actually did you mention Peter? Give me one second. " She quickly walks over to someone in a brown coat and similar ranger clothing that Peter wears before signaling for you to come over. The other lady in the ranger clothing grabs her walkie talkie and hands it to you, and you hear Peter's voice from it, "Hey Nagasaki. We have everything under control here, we should be able to put out the fire out completely in about an hour, then I'll head over to the Pokémon Center to help you guys out there. Glameow is fine, its been very helpful so far. Anyway we'll talk when I get back." The walkie talkie clicks, as Peter stops talking

The female ranger takes her walkie talkie and clips it to her belt as she starts to talk to you, "You heard Peter, they have everything under control there. Though if you want to do something while we wait I'm heading over to find out what happened to the supplies, you can come with me if you want. My name is Anne by the way. I understand if you need a moment to rest until Peter comes though." Both Chikorita and Torchic look really refreshed as they walk right next to you, completely healed thanks to the Audino.

How will you respond?

Thrain: Look back here.

ChaoticHell83: She takes a look at your hand and quickly grabs it to shake it. "Nice to meet you both. As for the people who have been harming our lands, they are poachers. They take Pokémon with traps and use the lands without care, tearing them apart, setting fires, basically destroying our lands and taking Pokémon forcibly." She then notices your curiosity once again as she says 'our lands', which makes her chuckle, "Hehe, nobody owns these lands, they belong to everyone, including the Pokémon that live here." She kneels down and pets the head of her Kecleon and Skitty, "Nobody should destroy a Pokémon's home and take Pokémon for money with such brutality..." She looks quite upset by this, nearly tearing up. She wipes her face before continuing, "We could really use everyone's help to be rid of those monsters, my village is not far from here if you want to help. We can further discuss everything there."

How will you respond?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #821
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: Vesta nods before Growling loudly once again, making the Pawniard slightly warier as it looks on, with it's attack lowered a little. It looks at the blades that are it's hands, and they begin to glow slightly as they fill with dragon energy, until it finally leaps towards Vesta, slashing her with a Dual Chop, which take away a decent amount of health, visible by her winces as the blades slash her tough skin. Vesta shakes the attack and prepares to Dodge, as the Pawniard finally starts to rush towards Vesta headfirst. It tries to Headbutt Vesta, but she moves out of the way just at the right time, quickly turning to the Pawniard that missed its mark and sending small fireballs towards it with another Ember. The flames hit the Pawniard in it's back, growling madly and trying to put out the flames in it's back. The Pawniard, looking quite mad now, Scratches Vesta across the face, making her hold nose from the stinging pain. Both Pokémon now seem to be totally fired up, ready to tear each other to pieces...

What will you do?
Profile

That's right, Pest remembered as the slightly-dulled claws came down on Vesta. Dual Chop uses dragon energy, not fighting energy. Not that it matters, but that's a pretty glaring mistake anyway. Whoops.

The Dual Chop looked rather painful, but luckily the Pawniard's next move missed entirely: Vesta darted right out of the path of its Headbutt, making it flail uselessly forward for a bit. Taking advantage of its disorientation, she sprayed it with another barrage of fireballs, and it snarled in pain as it swiveled about. Madly it swiped her across the face, and she winced as she clutched the fresh injury.

Now this battle is really starting to heat up, Pest thought, keeping track of the two Pokemon as they began to glare down at each other again. I've got to pull ahead somehow. But how? She rubbed her chin, but no solution magically presented itself in spite of the fact that this apparently worked in the battle against Mercury. What a pity.

"Vesta, keep your head in the game!" she said, not caring if that line was cheesy. "Throw an Ember at it; if it tries to dodge, sweep the fire after it. Follow up with another disorienting Growl, and then hit it with another Ember! You can win this!"
Pest is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #822
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Memory Lane

Shadowshocker – The flyer and the festival rouse memories deep within you, a few of them rather unpleasant. For but a moment, there’s a brief wonder if the sponsor’s acronym and colorful balloons associated with it had any bearing on the last big (and unfortunately abysmal) fairground event you attended… But it flees before you make the connection. Clenching your teeth and the paper in your hand, you consent that the only course of action to save your own balloon is to bring the boy to a place where there are copious others.

Unfortunately, the problem that plan then presents is the fact that no one would admit a dead body into a celebration of life and joy. Even without a cohort of crows following his every move – which would surely result in curses and commotion from a superstitious crowd – his ghostly appearance alone would raise some questions from curious passerby. How then to go about chaperoning such a harmless chap without raising concern? You ponder as you observe Doldrum steadily deflate under the pressure of acting prisoner, unable to help but amuse slightly at the notion that for one supposed to steal children away to the spirit world, he is instead being held hostage by a spirit child. (Though the latter seems yet unaware he is a thief.) As if the two were tied by a string of fate.

You shake your head and resume your objective, not wanting to lose sight – lest you lose your valued operative. Your first thought is to put a spell over the crowd, but clearly that won’t work. Not only is your only caster too capricious, but maintaining a deception of such dimension, let alone for the entire day, seems doubtful. That only leaves material disguise. You decline your bag and begin to search for any suitable attire that would fit a small boy, while your Pokémon shuffle to surround you just in case of a surprise attack. Jacob again rises on his toes, wondering what you’re up to. Perhaps looking for a present? His hopeful eyes gleam eagerly with slight greed, but who can blame him, given the secrecy with which you conduct yourself? For all he knows you and your Pokémon were all invited guests, meant to surprise him. This is probably the first time he’s been offered a gift by another human since his death, possibly even in life.

At length, you produce a pair of dark glasses and a smart emerald scarf. Those would do for the head, but what about the body? A beat, and you sigh as you stand up, slipping out of your favorite long-sleeved jacket. Your skin shivers as the stale air slides across it, drawing bumps to the surface. To your nonsurprise, you note that Jacob doesn’t seem to mind the chill. Still, you drape the insulation over his shoulders and draw it tight around his tiny body, another purpose leading you to ensure no pale limbs are exposed. Jacob carefully switches Doldrum from one hand to the other as you help him with the sleeves, seeming confused by your actions but obliging anyway. You step back to survey the effect, at the same time worrying that it will disappoint the boy’s expectations. Jacob appears elated with his new look though, feeling the fine quality of the cloth with his free hand.

“Wow, this is the ni-cest coat I’ve ever worn. Thanks, mis-tah!”

Relaxing at his reaction, you carefully append the shades and scarf. His smile, though still somewhat sickly, thankfully shows he at least suspects nothing. While he’s distracted by the new duds, you turn to the Murkrow to propose your plot for getting into the fair unnoticed. They rustle softly in assent, and appoint the Murkrow who has been leading you thus far to remain as an escort. It salutes, and you give a satisfied nod before bracing yourself for the task to come. Drawing in a deep breath, you take hold of the boy’s hand, which feels even colder and clammier than you could have imagined.

“What’s wrong, mis-tah? Where are we going?”

You swallow and shake your head at the first question, and decide to keep silent on the second until you arrive. In fact, you even advise him to close his eyes, since it’s a “surprise”. The request is more for your own sake though, as even behind the tinted lens those black holes tend to unnerve you.

Feeling several more stabbing at your back as the silent mass of Murkrow watches the party go, you steadily steer Jacob to the…


Sky Gate

“Step right up, try your luck! We’ve got tons of prizes!”

“Get your hot dogs here! Popcorn and cotton candy for sale!”

The clamoring sounds and cloying smells of the carnival assault your senses first, and Jacob opens his eyes to a wondrous sight of colors and crowds. They melt and merge together on this vast stretch of cloud, where rainbows and crossroads converge, from which more people are constantly pouring by the minute. He spots the balloons tied to posts, the exotic birds perched on the gate overhead before taking off in a fantastic display, and finally the big banner garlanding the entrance, announcing the Xth annual Cloud Garden gala. His eyes widen, shining so bright beyond their natural dimness, you almost feel a sense of shame for forcing them to hide behind the shade.

“The Sky Fair…” he breathes. “I always hoped fa-ther would take here, be-fore he…”

His gaping mouth shuts, lips suddenly sealed tight. He squeezes your hand for affirmation though, as if to assure himself this is not a dream. You find yourself no longer repelled by his touch, growing accustomed to the temperature. Still, there is no movement, no excitement. Not like you would expect. When you look, he seems almost afraid to cross from hard concrete onto the soft cloud. At first you wonder if it’s because the footing looks unstable, so you take a step to show that it’s safe. However, he shakes his head and lets go, and you sense there’s something more to his terror, something far more subtle. As if he realizes, deep down, it divides the line between himself and the living.

You smile and hold out your hand, granting him access. He hesitates, then takes it, and you pull him across. The Murkrow flutters after, helping to steady before shrinking back to the shadows. At the very least it knows how and when to remain inconspicuous, a favor you are thankful for.

Wishing to avoid drawing too much attention by just standing around, you quickly hustle the group inside, touring Jacob along the booths in hopes that something will stir him. Despite his clearly captivated expression, the boy seems way too overwhelmed to make a decision. Like a trance, his feet merely drag listlessly after the leader, gawking at everything – including other visitors. You try to hurry him along before his gaze is met, but eventually you start to grow tired of this game. Looks like you’ll have to choose an activity for him to occupy his attention, and fast.

You hear wings overhead, and look to see one of the late stragglers from the opening routine returning to its trainer. It veers to the left, where you spot a uniformed man standing atop a stage. He reaches out his arm to receive the bird, stroking its feathers before sending it off again to circle the grounds, crooning in a majestic voice for all to hear. You can see some people heeding the call, beginning to gather by the benches set before the platform. Perhaps they’re preparing for an aerial show?

You are then distracted by another beckon from your right, this time belonging to an oddly familiar-looking woman dressed in white as she ushers people in with a winning personality. She practically sings a promotion for her game, which appears to involve lots of – you guessed it, balloons. In fact, there’s a Pikachu floating above her head by way of several balloons tied to its back, tethered to a pole behind her in order to prevent drifting off in a wayward wind.

And then, just up ahead, you can make out a long queue for what appears to be the hottest attraction: the hot air balloon ride. An elderly man with a moustache welcomes cheering children and adults alike aboard the craft, which strikingly resembles Doldrum. Then with a tap of his cane on the side of the basket, the balloon swells and starts to lift, almost expiring out of sight. People stop to point at the beautiful purple ball, parents lifting their kids up to see and promising to take them later when the line thins out. You can only imagine what the view must be like for the lucky passengers who were willing to wait.

With all the enticing options before you, where will you go?
Holding Jacob's bony fingers against his own Shadow began to let his mind wander in ponderment. By any definition, the team was still considered deep within potentially dangerous territory given the conditions of their escort mission, and any immediate backup was unlikely. Shadow was grateful that the young zombie was amusedly occupied, unable to say more than the bare necessities; what did a person say to the walking departed, anyhow? Novawing, still clutching the unconscious Murkrow in his claws, made his best attempt to remain stalwart even as he steadily shifted his vision around all sides. Durin teetered about the cloudy ground, his expression unreadable as usual. Arugulus slithered about everyone's feet, a combination of being on high alert and snappy nerves, bothered by the situation's urgency. Doldrum was looking the most chipper he had been through the adventure, taking in the sights alongside his unwitting captor. All in all the group stood around Jacob, giving him enough of a view but also managing to prevent prying eyes from noticing them.

Shadow began thinking back to Jacob's dourer moments. Like most spirits, he assumed, there must have been something unresolved, something traumatic - but with the insufficient intel the group was no closer to securing Doldrum back. Who did Jacob think Doldrum was - a visitor for his birthday, or a present to keep forever? How was the team going to make an exchange, and more importantly, would Jacob notice or mind? The scientist's attention went back to the activities at hand. Perhaps under normal circumstances any of them would have been suitable, but the task of keeping Jacob concealed remained imperative. Shadow glanced over at the woman wearing white - and briefly, a few dots began to connect. He remembered the fairground and the cataclysm that came afterwards, though he hadn't participated in the lady's activity then. Now he remembered his acquaintance - was her name Jess? - and her mention of the pacifist organisation, but little more than skimmed information.

The ex-KND operative started to evaluate his options. There wasn't a lot to go on about the balloon-based game, but given the bird Pokemon show and hot-air balloon ride, the risks of being exposed were much higher - what if in the excitement of the show, the audience or a random bird involved Jacob in the celebrations? Or the panic that might ensue metres above ground level in an enclosed space? No, the balloon game seemed like the safest option... he hoped. Perhaps he could participate in Jacob's stead and ask for permission to let the rest stand guard nearby, so Jacob could still watch.

"Alright, team," muttered Shadow as Arugulus darted up his shoulder, ready to pass on the message. "The balloon game it is. Stay sharp and stay on guard; we'll find a way out of this together."
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #823
ChaoticHell83
Boulder Badge
 
ChaoticHell83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
ChaoticHell83: She takes a look at your hand and quickly grabs it to shake it. "Nice to meet you both. As for the people who have been harming our lands, they are poachers. They take Pokémon with traps and use the lands without care, tearing them apart, setting fires, basically destroying our lands and taking Pokémon forcibly." She then notices your curiosity once again as she says 'our lands', which makes her chuckle, "Hehe, nobody owns these lands, they belong to everyone, including the Pokémon that live here." She kneels down and pets the head of her Kecleon and Skitty, "Nobody should destroy a Pokémon's home and take Pokémon for money with such brutality..." She looks quite upset by this, nearly tearing up. She wipes her face before continuing, "We could really use everyone's help to be rid of those monsters, my village is not far from here if you want to help. We can further discuss everything there."

How will you respond?


Noticing that she's about to tear up Caesar moves forward and puts his hand on her shoulder.

"I know, I agree completely. I'll only ever take a Pokemon if I know I'll be a good trainer for it, or if it needs a good trainer. In which case I'll do my best or find a trainer who can do it better for me!"

"We could really use everyone's help to be rid of those monsters, my village is not far from here if you want to help. We can further discuss everything there." Yolanda says, wiping her face.

"It would be an honor to help. What do you think Gaius?" The Scyther let out a cry of agreement and nodded it's head proudfully. The Lotad that Caesar had just caught scurried around his feet excitedly, quite happy to be revitalized by the Skitty's Wishes, "Haha, and I'm assuming you're full of energy and ready to go too there, eh... Marcus? Yeah, I'll call you Marcus. I am Caesar, by the way. Quite a pleasure to meet you."

The Lotad paused for a moment before smiling and scurrying up Caesar's leg and body and onto his shoulder where he remained sitting peacefully, rubbing his head up against Caesar's.

"Hehe, you two are great. Which reminds me."

Caesar took out his newest Pokeball and tossed it into the ground to release his fresh, new Horsea, who cried happily and spewed bubbles everywhere.

He knelt down to talk to the new Pokemon on it's level, rather than towering above it, "Hey there, you." The Pokemon gave out another happy little cry and blew a couple more bubbles before quickly spinning around in a circle around the trio. "Hehe, energetic little fella aren't you? Alright, what shall we call you now? Hmm..." Caesar paused and thought long and hard for a moment, "Julia. I like that name, how about you?"

The Horsea brushed itself up against Caesar's pant leg before spinning off again in circles around him, clearly enjoying itself.

"Great! I am Caesar, and these are my companions Gaius and Marcus. Marcus is pretty new just like you, and don't be scared of Gaius, he'd never do a thing to harm you. He just likes to look scary," Caesar turned around and made a face at Gaius, to which the Scyther had almost no reaction beside looking down and clearly being a bit annoyed at the immaturity of his trainer.

"Hehe, alright, let's go Yolanda. Sorry for the wait, I wanted to properly introduce myself to my companions before I ask anything of them."
__________________
*** ACTIVE TEAM ***
Gaius Lv.5 Marcus Lv.7 Aurelia Lv. 2 Squirtle Lv. 6 Carnivine Lv. 1

ChaoticHell83 is offline  
Old 08-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #824
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer
 
Mon1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Mon1010:You decide to switch to a more battle ready Pokémon, Munna, who quickly takes up to the battle. She starts off by Yawning loudly, and producing bubbles that make their way over to the Psyduck, popping as soon as they make contact. The Yellow duck seems to be getting drowsy as it jumps towards Shaana, slashing her with a Scratch, which makes her come down slightly with the sting of the attack. Shaana retaliates by concentrating, and sending a few waves of psychic energy with a Psywave. The Psyduck looks quite discomforted, responding with a another stream of water from it's mouth, with a Water Gun. The Munna gets pushed back slightly, and shakes off the water from the attack. Both Pokemon still look quite ready to fight with Psyduck becoming sleepier by the second...

What will you do now?
Scott watched as the Psyduck responded to Shaana's attacks. Despite the duck being drowsy as Yawn's effect slowly kicked in, the duck was still able to retaliate quite well. Shaana was still energetic as ever, and still ready to keep the fight going. Scott took a second to think of what to do next before commanding his Pokemon. "Alright Shaana, your doing well so far. Now then, while you wait for it to fall asleep, use Barrier to raise your defernses. Once it's unconscious, use Psybeam followed by Pursuit to wear it down."
__________________
Banner made by American--Pi

Fizzy Bubbles
Mon1010 is offline  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:51 AM   #825
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: The nurse looks around the room, "Audino! Can you please take care of this Chikorita and Torchic?" The Audino appears in front of both Pokémon and examines them before getting to work on them. Meanwhile Nurse Joy starts answering your question, "As you can see, we have many injured Pokémon around, most of them only have light injuries, and we were lucky that's the case after the magnitude of the fire. We still need the emergency supplies that were suppose to arrive half an hour ago to heal the Pokémon with lesser injuries. That and we also need the vehicle to take some of the lightly injured Pokémon to another Pokémon Center to rest there to reduce the strain on this center. Actually did you mention Peter? Give me one second." She quickly walks over to someone in a brown coat and similar ranger clothing that Peter wears before signaling for you to come over. The other lady in the ranger clothing grabs her walkie talkie and hands it to you, and you hear Peter's voice from it, "Hey Nagasaki. We have everything under control here, we should be able to put out the fire out completely in about an hour, then I'll head over to the Pokémon Center to help you guys out there. Glameow is fine, its been very helpful so far. Anyway we'll talk when I get back." The walkie talkie clicks, as Peter stops talking.

The female ranger takes her walkie talkie and clips it to her belt as she starts to talk to you, "You heard Peter, they have everything under control there. Though if you want to do something while we wait I'm heading over to find out what happened to the supplies, you can come with me if you want. My name is Anne by the way. I understand if you need a moment to rest until Peter comes though." Both Chikorita and Torchic look really refreshed as they walk right next to you, completely healed thanks to the Audino.

How will you respond?
"Hey Nagasaki. We have everything under control here, we should be able to put out the fire out completely in about an hour, then I'll head over to the Pokémon Center to help you guys out there. Glameow is fine, its been very helpful so far. Anyway we'll talk when I get back."

"Roger that. Be sure go gather all of you, including Glameow's group. I'll report to you what happened on my way later. Over." Nagasaki then approaches the lady Pokemon Ranger.

"You heard Peter, they have everything under control there. Though if you want to do something while we wait I'm heading over to find out what happened to the supplies, you can come with me if you want. My name is Anne by the way. I understand if you need a moment to rest until Peter comes though."

"I'm Nagasaki Kishimoto, Pokemon trainer and member of the Phoenix Clan. Nice to meet you. Actually, we're okay now. Resting for a while is just what we need to move on. It's better for us to help you in your quest in looking for the cargo vehicle with the medical supplies. In emergency situations like this, all must work as one for quicker and better results. Besides..." Nagasaki stood up from his seat, limbered himself, and continued his statements. "Besides, I don't want to sit here and do nothing, watching the casualties having a hard time on their injuries. So we're coming. Right, Blazer?" Blazer walked beside his trainer. "Of course, Kishimoto! I am ready for everything! So as our friend Chikorita." Nagasaki smiled at Blazer, contented with his response. "And so, we will go with you." He then looked at the wild Chikorita. "So, do you want to come with us? If not, it's okay. In that case, you and the water Pokemon shall help Nurse Joy heal the casualties." Nagasaki then waits for the response of the heroic leaf Pokemon...
Nagasaki is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.