UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 AM   #726
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: With the fire next to you becoming more intense by the second, you have no choice but to distract one of the people responsible for the fire, at least until reinforcement arrive. Koffing is the first to make a move as it Taunts Blazer into attacking. The attack seems successful in provoking the easily fired up chick as it prepares to go in the offensive. The Koffing goes in for a Tackle, just as Torchic sets up a fire wall with Incinerate, making the Koffing stop in its tracks as Torchic gets out of the way from the Tackle. With quick movement, the Koffing manages to produce two images of itself with Double Team. All three Koffing seem to be the real one, which makes Blaze Incinerate a copy, as it disappear with the fire attack disappearing along with it. Blazer heads in for a Tackle to one of the two remaining Koffing, and as it makes contact with the real Koffing, it floats back a few feet as the last clone disappears. Taking a glance around it seems like you are still alone...

What will you do now?
"Still no sign of them, and you are more hit than Blazer does. It only shows you are a no-brainer..." With these words, Nagasaki Kishimoto lifted his sword-like stick, eventually thinking of a plan against the poisonous Koffing. Without further ado, Blazer surprisingly made a decision faster than his trainer's "Hey Kishimoto. I am just thinking of something." He thwn whispered Nagasaki with the following words: "I think this ball of junk will spit some sh*t out of it, so before that happens, I'll Growl the scum bag, then I will retaliate with a dodge to a wall of fire through Incinerate if it attacks. Then another Incinerate will do." Nagasaki whispered back regarding Blazer's strategy. "I agree with that, but make sure to stay in the center of the burned area to avoid making the forest fire worse. At least the only burned ones are charcoal instead of leaves and grass during the process." He and Blazer went onto position as Nagasaki swings the stick sword pointing to the enemy. "Blazer, do what you want this time!" With this surprising quote, the enemy will have a hard time predicting the attack pattern, as this will let their minds think that Blazer will do what he wants, but the truth is, the quote is a signal for Blazer to commence the plan he and his trainer was in mind...
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #727
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest

Thrain: Blaze barks in response to your attacks, as he tries to distract the Nuzleaf enough to get a clear shot at Bellsprout by walking around it. He stops and starts once again starts to form white energy balls and sends them in all directions again, only this time, the Hidden Power (Ice) was not aimed directly at the Nuzleaf but the Bellsprout. The energy balls explode on the Bellsprout, but as you turn to see the field again, the Nuzleaf seems to be missing, until it drops from the trees above with a white trail behind it as it Quick Attacks Blaze. The attack seems to work as Growlithe yelps in pain, but tries to Bite Nuzleaf which it misses by a hair's breadth. The Nuzleaf sends another batch of green seeds with another Bullet Seed attack, managing to annoy the pup more than do damage as he finally unleashes another stream of fire towards the Nuzleaf as he uses Flamethrower. The Nuzleaf drops to its knees with its injuries as the Bellsprout rushes to its friend's side, they bicker a little before the Bellsprout takes it to a tree trunk to rest before turning its attention back to Blaze, both Pokémon ready to finish the match they started.

What will you do now?

Barking to confirm he understood the attack commands, Blaze leaped from side to side in hopes of distracting the Nuzleaf from its post protecting Bellsprout. Setting off into a run, Blaze feinted to the right and then let loose a blast of Hidden Power (Ice) aimed at the plant Pokémon. His aim was true as the icy orbs of energy collided into the side of the Bellsprout, inflicting a significant amount of damage. As the mist cleared from the attack, Blaze looked up to find that the Nuzleaf had vanished. Where did it go? Eric thought, glancing around him and off into the trees. Did the Nuzleaf go off and abandon its friend? Eric was interrupted from his thoughts as a rustling sound emanated from a tree hanging over the clearing. Realizing what was about to happen, Eric called out for Blaze to get away from the tree, but was too late. The Nuzleaf burst out from the branches up above and charged down to the Growlithe with a Quick Attack, knocking the pup to the ground. Regaining his feet, Blaze retaliated with a Bite which only barely missed the Nuzleaf as it jumped back quickly. A Bullet Seed attack was the wily Pokémon's response, the seeds hitting Blaze and bouncing off just as quickly. "Blaze, now's your chance," Eric called. Shrugging off the weak grass type move, the Growlithe let loose yet another sizzling Flamethrower, but this time the attack hit Nuzleaf head-on, wounding the Pokémon severely.

Crying out in despair, the Bellsprout rushed to the Pokémon's aid, and, after a significant amount of arguing, the Nuzleaf consented to let the Bellsprout rejoin the fight. Spreading its roots wide, the flower Pokémon glared at Blaze and Eric, waiting for their next move. Alright, we need to be able to get this over with soon, Eric thought, noticing Blaze's pant. "Blaze, start off with a Safeguard so it can't inflict you with any status moves. Next, shoot Ember at the Bellsprout until it moves closer to you. Fry it with a Flamethrower when it's close enough! You've got this!" Eric called out optimistically, clutching the Poké Ball tightly in his hands.

Thrain is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #728
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: You and your starter, Vesta the Charmander, start walking through the Rainbow Road. All seven colors of the rainbow guide your way across, with every step giving both of you an even better view of the Cloud Garden. With bird Pokémon flying above the road, and chirping happily as they pass by, you can't help but feel an odd calmness in this road. Pokémon chatter happily in the bushes and trees, with not a care in the world, until you notice something, something resting on a tree. You do a double take and see a ladybug, sleeping on the tree trunk. What's more interesting is that an Ariados seems to be slowly approaching it, from the ground, and it look quite hungry. The Ladyba seems to be in the deepest slumber, conpletely unaware that it will become someone's meal, with the Ariados only a few feet away now...

What will you do?
Profile

"It's so peaceful," Pest said to nobody in particular, watching Pokemon flitting to and fro. The serenity surrounding Rainbow Road had an odd soothing effect on her, an effect that didn't seem to have quite the same impact on the native Pokemon. Probably because they were quite used to it by now. Strange how similar species act so different from how they did at home.

A ladybug shape soon pulled her from her musing though, and she quickly became aware of the hungry striped arachnid eyeing it close by. "Ah, the circle of life in action," she breathed; here was something she was more familiar with. Still, something didn't quite sit right with how this was playing out. Maybe because it was so contradictory to the peaceful surroundings, or else because the colors were starting to make her loony. Whatever it was, she felt an odd urge to stop this morbid lunch from occurring.

She beckoned to Vesta, who leaned in closer so she could whisper her plan to her. "We'll try diplomacy first," she said. "If it doesn't listen to reason, we'll switch to plan B: Growl a warning at it, then Scratch it if it doesn't back off. Try to keep your distance though, we don't want you to get tangled up in any spiderwebs it shoots at you. Pull off a second Scratch after that, if you can."

Vesta nodded and jumped nimbly off of Pest's shoulders, landing gently on the colorful road as the trainer took a few careful steps forward. "Psst," she hissed, careful not to wake the Ledyba with her volume - no point in aggravating the Ariados by stealing its meal all at once. "Hey, mister spider. Nice find there! Looks like a pretty decent bug to me. But I don't know if it'd be worth the catch, sleeping like that. Hunters usually enjoy their prey if it puts up a fight first, right? Or if it catches it on the run. Fight or flight, you know?" She bit her lip, hoping she hadn't just shot herself in the foot with her fighting talk. Still, there was no way to take it back, and she could only hope that the Ariados would be feeling merciful enough not to leap at her instead.
Pest is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #729
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,548
Drifloon Up, Up, & Away~

Welcoming Talon87 to my group. This will also be the last Update I post before I leave for vacation on the 4th.

Sky Gate

Talon87 – You wake. Sunlight screams at your eyes, and you shut them tight before opening once again. As sleep departs from your body, your sight soon becomes clear, yet your thoughts are more confused than ever. Where are you? What were you doing? Slowly, you spread your muscles and reverse direction, raising yourself from the resting. The clouds sigh as their stress lightens, inflating back to their original shape.

Clouds?

You startle. What on earth? No, not on earth. That much is clear, as you try to peer over the makeshift pillow where your head lay but greet only a world of white. If you didn’t know any better, you would guess from the slight damp and chill in the air that you were stuck in winter. Like an Ursaring awakened from hibernation before spring. But snow, however soft, doesn’t have this cotton consistency. It tickles to your touch, and most peculiarly removes any trace of imprint as soon as your hand releases its weight.

The only answer then, unless this is all a dream, is that you are up. But how did you get here, bar passing directly through the Pearly Gates? (A possibility you do not want to even consider, for a number of reasons.) Your mind whirls and rewinds, trying to navigate the fog of memories that clouds your own brain. You recall sending out SugarPuff to subdue Mankey, and then there was something about a serpent…

You stop. SugarPuff. Mankey. Where are they? You search frantically. There are no signs of your companions anywhere, let alone the snake you were fighting. It didn’t steal your friends away with the promise of fruit, did it? No, no, that’s silly talk. Keep a level head, Cyrus. Your hands fly to your belt, comforting slightly at the familiar feel of six metal spheres under your fingers. Shaking with trepidation, you obtain the nearest one and call upon its contents, praying for an answer. Even if this were paradise, there’s no way you would wish to spend eternity alone.

The ball brightens, and from it births the image of your Chikorita, safe and sound. She immediately leaps upon you without restraint, causing the two of you to fall together onto the softness. You laugh in both joy and relief as she tickles your chin with her leaf, adoring. For some reason, you both feel as if forever has passed since you last saw each other. It’s a warming emotion… One of homecoming, reunion. Togetherness.

Prying Celes off your lap at last, you stand up and check each of your teammates in turn, smiling to see they’re all here and healthy before returning them promptly back to their homes. When you reach Celes, she shies from your summon and shakes her head slightly. You sigh, stooping down to stroke her leaf and explain to her the situation at hand. Upon realizing her footing is not as firm as she had thought, she sadness substitutes alarm as she swiftly shifts her load back and forth, striving to maintain lightness. Upon your repeated offer of her Pokéball, she wilts but reluctantly withdraws to safety.

With the headcount handled, you turn your attention to the matter of still not knowing exactly where the hell (at the very least you can hopefully rule that possibility out) you are. As your scan the surroundings, your eyes widen to recognize a building in the distance, bold against the blank background. Not only that, but a proud “P” presents itself above the doorway, as holy and iconic as a pair of golden arches would appear right now. You massage your eyes in disbelief, unsure whether it might merely be a mirage. When the image persists, your heart leaps with hope. Not only does the prospect of other people appeal to you, but surely this qualifies as hard proof that you’ve not died and gone to heaven. Why would paradise need a Pokémon Center, after all?

You cross the clouds as quick as you dare, fearing heavy steps will break through such thin support, and enter the double doors into a hospitable realm that thankfully takes you back. The sterile smell, the sight of trainers resting with their Pokémon, and the same old tune you’ve heard time and time again playing over the lobby loudspeakers… They all welcome you gladly.

For some reason, the interior also seems to be strangely decorated with a number of colored balloons. You briefly wonder if it might be someone’s Birthday, but push aside the thought in favor of the more pressing priority. Ignoring the rest of the millers for the moment, you march straight on over to address the smiling woman behind the counter. She bows to your approach, the typical twin extensions at the back of her head bobbing faintly.

“Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center. How may I help you?”

You quickly describe your circumstances, and she nods, never losing her joyful look.

“Why, you’re at the Cloud Garden, dear.” At your questioning stare, she clarifies. “My, don’t tell me you’ve never heard of it? It’s only the most wondrous place in the world! In fact, there’s a festival that’s just about to start right outside to celebrate its first discovery. Why don’t you go take a look?”

She then leans in close, and her sweet smile stretches ever so slightly. It’s a bit unnerving how it never sways.

“Although, if you want my advice, the place you should really check out first is Memory Lane. It’s just past the entrance to Rainbow Road, you can’t miss it. Believe me, it’s beautiful this time of year. Why, I remember there was a boy about your age who also came into the Center a while ago with his Houndoom, and he took my suggestion to go there… He never did come back though… I wonder what became of him…”

Her voice drops to a murmur, as if conversing more to herself. All the meanwhile, her brilliant blue eyes bore into your own, and you find yourself barely able to keep contact. Like a trance, you succumb to suggestion.

Suddenly, a hand clasps your shoulder, silencing the spell. You startle to see a man of height and uniform standing next to you, smiling obliquely.

“Thank you, Joy. We’ll be leaving now.”

The nurse beams and bows politely once more. “Thank you for coming. We hope to see you again!”

Before you have a chance to form a response, the man steers you towards the door with a firm grip. Rather than forcing you through them however, he relaxes upon seeing the nurse already occupied with another patient and releases you near the waiting benches. His plastic grin eases as you await an explanation.

“Sorry about that, kid. You shouldn’t listen to Jo- I mean, Nurse Joy too closely. She’s been a bit batty ever since a fire burned down her old Center several years ago, killing all the Pokémon inside. Now she always sends trainers on gravewalks to remind them of the pain she suffered.”

He leans in close, and the ventilation system must have malfunctioned for a moment because the air in the lobby seems to drop a degree.

“Rumor has it that she goes there herself in the dead of the night to harvest organs for transplants. She then lets the patients die on her table and keeps their corpses in the back.”

Upon your appalled reaction, he abruptly draws back, chuckling with great amusement.

“Just kidding! She’s a good doctor, and a friend of my colleague. Her tastes are just a little weird. I can understand where she’s coming from though.” His smile slackens, and the detachment in his eyes seems to suggest he’s reliving some horrors of his own right now. He absently touches the brim of his navy blue cap, and for the first time you notice it bears a badge of bronze wings.

Snapping back, his tone turns suddenly serious. “Besides, it is true she’s not all well. Sad to say it, but after she moved up here for a break, the lack of oxygen might have also addled her brain eventually.”

He notes your look of concern, and hastily continues. “But you don’t have to worry about that, if you’re just visiting. Scientists have figured out how to adjust the atmosphere so that it would take years to cause significant damage to your body. Most humans who live here have a natural tolerance from birth, especially if they were raised in the environment. Others usually go through training to develop it if necessary, such as myself.”

He extends a hand and tips his hat, revealing a head of dark hair. “Name’s Michael Falk by the way, pilot at your service. I’m helping to run the fair Nurse Joy mentioned. You’re welcome to come by if you’d like.” He regards you for a moment, taking in your besieged, bedraggled appearance. Maybe he mistook your disheveled hair as a sign of unspeakable suffering rather than slumber, as he smiles sympathetically. He turns to one of the magazine racks by the benches and pulls out a pamphlet, which appears to be a guide to the Garden. In inflates itself with definitions of each area, as well as associated images. He opens to a page that humbly describes a calm water park filled with fresh, frolicking fish, and presents it to you.

“It’s gonna get extremely here crowded soon, but you look like you could probably do with some peace and quiet instead. If you prefer a place to just sit and think, The Fountain Garden is a good place to reflect. Though that’s just my personal recommendation, feel free to visit wherever you like while you’re here. I hear The Rose Arch and Stardust Fields are also quite nice.”

As he lets you look over the choices as well as familiarize with your overall location, he checks his watch. “Looks like I’d better get back to my station. They’ve probably finished setting up by now, it’s almost opening time.” He doffs his cap again. “It was nice meeting you. Perhaps I’ll see you around. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Cloud Garden!”

With that, he departs, leaving you with guide in hand and a decision to make.

Where will you go?


Memory Lane

Shadowshocker – As you rest your light touch upon the boy’s head, both the lack and abundance of moisture makes you shudder. Like a fog from dry ice, only the cold you feel would fail to measure in Farenheiht. However, you maintain control and murmur what you hope your face reflects as an honest promise. The boy’s dull eyes brighten to this news, and he squeezes Doldrum’s tail tighter in excitement. Doldrum doesn’t seem to mind though, and he bobs approvingly at your decision. Seems he’s grown rather attached the poor soul after hearing his story.

You then turn to the numerous, murderous pairs of eyes glaring at you, not one of them daring to believe your words for a minute. Addressing the jury under your breath, you make your final appeal, take it or leave it. The stands sour and squabble amongst themselves at your response, and Jacob raises himself on tiptoe to peer curiously over your shoulder, wondering what the hushed conversation is about. Doldrum quickly stirs to distract him by waving a heart in front of his face, and the boy grins as he marvels at his moving inflatable. You feel a slight shame to take such a precious toy from Jacob when it seems he possessed few pleasures in life, but this is your irreplaceable teammate you’re talking about here. You’re not about to let an operative – nay, a friend – go that easily.

Meanwhile, the Murkrow appear to have come to a consensus. One of them glides down from the branches towards you, and you instinctively duck while your Pokémon prime themselves for an attack. However, the bird merely passes overhead, in the process releasing something from its talons. The object flutters down before your face, coming to settle mildly at your feet. As you pick it up, you feel its faintness between your fingers. Years have made it fragile, as if it could simply fall apart in your hands. You carefully unfold and smooth the paper, then read the bold letters printed on it, faded but surviving:

COME ONE, COME ALL TO THE ANNUAL SKY FAIR, WHERE WE CELEBRATE THE FIRST DISCOVERY OF A GORGEOUS GARDEN IN THE CLOUDS. TAKING PLACE AT THE SKY GATE TODAY!

GAMES, PRIZES, AND OUR BIGGEST ATTRACTION: HOT AIR BALLOON RIDES AND RACES – COME ON DOWN!

Then in miniature, half-peeled scrawl at the bottom:

Sponsored in part by the U.U.A.

Though the black-and-white image below the top text is all but invisible, the message makes it clear that it’s a flyer for some sort of festival. Checking the date on the bottom, you sink to realize that, surprise, it once again coincides with today. You vaguely recall seeing some people setting up booths when you passed through the gate this morning, but took no heed in your eagerness to seek out more colorful attractions. Although, at this moment, the liveliness of a crowded event sounds far more inviting than the drab scenery before you.

You don’t even have to look up to see the Murkrow’s loaded stares in order to understand what they wish you to do. You glance at Jacob, who is attempting to offer Doldrum some kind of brown, rotten food from his pocket. The balloon turns pale and politely declines the unappetizing treat, shooting you a sideways plea for relief. Though clearly a more patient prisoner than you considering the situation, it seems he’s also reaching the end of his rope.

Will you escort Jacob to the fair in order to save your Pokémon?


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter¤Link to Your Last Update¤

Flame Mistress¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Cloud Forest

Charminions¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

After securing Carnivine’s confinement, you tend to Apollo’s wounds. The medicine performs marvels, making most of the battle marks depart from his body. He flexes his arms experimentally, no longer marred by the ugly rope burns that flattened his feathers. He nods at you, and the two of you then set off in search of further excitement… Just hopefully not in the form of another sexual predator. You’ve had enough rough ’n tumble for one day, best to steer clear of conflict for a while.

You wander without aim, enjoying the lull after such a heated experience. All is quiet, save for the mild songs of birds. …That is, until you hear a shrill voice scream through the trees, perishing the peace. Feathers and leaves rain down on you as the birds alarm and take flight, bumping into each other. You and Apollo exchange stares through the surprise shower, then take off running towards the sound in tandem.

The two of you burst into a clearing, ready to defend against whatever threat you may face. Your gaze greets a small girl sitting in the center, sobbing. An inverted basket lies by her lap, next to a bright patch of flowers. Picked blossoms spill from its interior, drowned passengers, flooding the forest floor with pastel petals. A pretty yet poignant paint canvas. Sinking in a whirlpool of color and tears, the girl herself, sat gracefully even in her grief, complements the lovely picture. Golden hair joined in braids exudes royal radiance, and her strawberry skirt and slippers resemble a gown, an elegant doll’s dress. You almost want to pick up such a cute creature and take her home with you to have tea parties.

You glance around for any signs of danger, but nothing seems to jump out at you. Relaxing slightly, you approach the child to see if she’s all right. She stops sniffling when she sees you coming, and as you smile and reach out your hand to help her up…

“EEK! PERVERT! GET AWAY!”

Her teeth chomp down on your tender fingers, followed by a tiny fist to your face and finally a sharp kick to your leg. You cringe and crumple, while the little girl scrabbles to her feet and scurries away to the safety of a tree. Her beady eyes observe the damage from behind a branch as you rub your smarting shin. (You swear you sense a smirk.) For such a petite figure, she sure packs a punch. Apollo pats your back and glares at the girl, who stretches one of her eyes, almost revealing the socket, and sticks her tongue out in response.

“Biiiii~”

That does it. Apollo rolls up his feathers, about to pursue the brat and drill into her some discipline about manners. You manage to hold him back though, thinking no good will come of beating up on a kid when she’s already accused you of being a molester. You sigh, wondering what story you’d have to tell the cops if they came upon such a scene. Just your luck; as soon as you escape from a real rapist, this time it seems you’re the one mistaken for a sexual menace.

Now that both of you are no longer crying out (whether from pain or panic), you suddenly find yourself aware of a persistent hum. Curious, you follow it to see a happy Combee hovering around the patch of flowers, oblivious to the tension between you two as it carries about its buzzniss of collecting pollen.

How will you react to this situation?

takkupanda – Though one of your ranks has deserted in the blink of an eye, the rest of your loyal party buckles down to save the bear or die trying. Nova casts a cloak over its self to shield it from insect eyes, skin becoming only a shimmer in the wind. Beedrill is stunned by this enchantment, and buzzes in bewilderment as it FOCUSes its ENERGY to find its opponent. Safe in suppression, Nova never fears, and launches further psychological warfare on the exposed enemy, nearly knocking it out of the sky.

However, thanks to that attack, your sniper also effectively gave away its position. Using its sharpened senses, Beedrill pinpoints the location the waves occurred from, an echolocation backfired. It also spots the glaring weakness in the uniform’s design. Though Nova also attempted to dull the standout portion of its body, it cannot disguise its boldness forever. Its jewel is simply too bright and beautiful to conceal, a barrel shining in the sun from the afterglow of rounds fired.

Beedrill seizes its moment, and masks itself in its own veil – only of darkness rather than delusions. It becomes a smoke bomb, which it lobs at its center target. Nova cannot escape the spy’s dogged PURSUIT, and its crystal nearly shatters from the strike, causing the illusion to weaken and wobble. However, the infiltrator also leaves itself wide open to retaliation, which is exactly what Nova gives it in the form of white-hot stars shot from its stomach.

Despite triggering a trap, the Beedrill fully intends to carry out its mission of disarming one opponent. Ignoring the pain, it surrounds itself in shadow again and rams into the switch once more with all its strength, an ASSURANCE of its pledge to the horde. And of victory, as it succeeds in disengaging the dream field. Nova stumbles back from the binary blow, gem flickering faintly as it tries to reboot its system and prevent crashing.

Meanwhile, Broly takes on the other pest. He charges forward and bares his fangs, no sign of fire in them this time. The Beedrill casually readies its stinger, comfortable in the advantage its altitude affords it. However, Broly diverts unexpectedly, making a wild leap into the air at the wasp’s side and biting down on one of its wings. Shocked to see a creature so close to the earth able to clear such height, the BUG panics and starts to STRUGGLE frantically. Unable to uphold his grip, Broly lets go, but at the same time he opens his mouth he releases another wave of intense heat that washes over Beedrill.

Smoking and swaying, the Beedrill barely manages to regain elevation and unleashes its FURY by ATTACKing Broly repeatedly. The pup yelps in pain, but attempts to defend himself by wrapping his paws in flame and delivering a fierce chop to the insect’s abdomen. However, this only fuels the Beedrill’s RAGE further. It maximizes the torture, no longer interested in information but in completely breaking its prisoner of war, who dared to even invade its airspace. Its red eyes are blind to anything else at this point, even its partner. If you don’t do something soon to stop it, you could be seeing your own ally killed in combat before your eyes.

What will you do?


Rock Garden

blazeVA¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151¤Link to Your Last Update¤


Delibird Ridge

DaisyInari¤Link to Your Last Update¤
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #730
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update 17 (07/03/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: Looking slightly confused at your interest in the Ladyba's well being, the Ariados makes some angry spider noices at Vesta. A few seconds pass and it finally seems to realize that the effort to fight the Charmander, while maintaining the Ladyba in that state for it to become lunch is too much for it to even attempt it. It starts to slowly back down, while keeping an eye on the fire type for a few feet, before retreating to the bushes. It seems like Vesta successfully managed to evade an unnecessary fight, with the Ladyba sleeping peacefully, for for now at least.

"Hello young trainer." Somewhat startled by the random voice you turn and see a man in a white robe, which seems rather ancient, as his brown and somewhat greasy hair shines, reflecting the sunlight. "Boy do I have an offer that you would love, I'm finding a treasure and I know you are the perfect person to help me. I just feel it. How about it stranger? My name is Hugo by the way." He seems extremely eager, yet smooth as he explains his situation...

How will you respond?


Space Path
pengyzu: Look back here.

KratosAurion: Fire seems to be burning in both Pokémon's eyes as they continue the match, despite the chilly display that Brunhilde displayed last round. The Spoink puffs up its cheeks for a second before releasing a barrage of bright white star shaped energy projectiles with Swift, which as soon as they touch the blubbery skin of your Pokémon explode for light damage individually, yet moderate damage as a whole. Shaking off the latest strike, Hilde does a loud, threatening Growl that effectively sends shivers down the little piggy's spine/tail lowering its attack. The Spoink quickly tries to remember everything about the Growl as it learns the attack instantly successfully Mimicing the Spheal's latest command. Another water blast is sent the piggy's way as Hilde sends another Water Gun its way, soaking it completely as well as taking moderate damage as it is pushed back. Spoink tries to use the move it just learned, as it Growls quite loudly for such a little creature, sending the same message Spheal sent earlier, lowering her attack slightly. A sheet of snow covers the Spoink for more damage as Hilde once again releases Powder Snow. As the little psychic type shakes off the snow, looking irritated by the cold attack, both Pokémon still look fresh for the fight, Spoink less so than Spheal.

What will you do now?


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: The old lady chuckles as she hears your reason for wanting a Moon Stone, "Haha, it's nice to see that you are thinking ahead, though don't worry about it too much, enjoy the time you have with your Skitty! And I wouldn't dream of challenging another trainer with their tired Pokémon, I have a soup that'll restore them to full health in no time!" She then starts walking, with you following her. After a few minutes of walking, and talking, mostly her about her travels as a Pokémon coordinator. You finally reach her house, "There it is!" she announces, as you see a small yet beautiful white house, with a red roof and porch with a swing.

As you walk in the house you hear light footsteps rushing to you, as a young girl suddenly screams, "Grandma! You're home!" The old lady puts her cane on the side of a table as she hugs the maybe 5-6 year old little girl, with an Eevee excitedly running behind the little girl, "Hey there sweetie, I came with company! This is Noriko, and her friend, Kitty!" The little girl hides behind her grandmother's leg as she timidly says, "Hello, my name is Daisy, and this is Vee." "Where is Nadine?" the grandmother asks, which the little girl answer, "She left a minute ago to get some berries!" She then runs off outside with Eevee, as Ann screams after her, "Stay near the porch!" she then turns to you as she excuses her, "I'm so sorry she's quite timid and energetic." She then ushers you to the kitchen, noticing a cabinet full of trophies on the way, mostly from contests, which makes you wonder just how good Ann is or was in her time.

As soon as she enters the kitchen, she grabs two bowls and pours a red soup from a pot, as she proudly says, "I just made it today, it's Sitrus Berry soup, not a single sick Pokémon in sight after they drink it!" She lays it on the ground with Kitty approaching it slowly before taking a lick, after which she had no trouble continuing to eat it to the last drop while Ann spoke of the task at hand, "He's upstairs, we'll go get him in a second after Skitty feels better." Suddenly Kitty's ears perk up, with the old lady noticing it, "Huh, I wonder what got her attention?" She asks after which something like footsteps are heard from upstairs as something runs across the room and then down the stairs as the old lady tenses up. "Turtwig, Turt!" a little grass turtle like creature urgently tries to get your attention outside as it scratches the door. You both head towards the door and open it. You see a man in the distance, dressed in jeans and a red shirt with a bag, bag that is moving, walking towards a Rapidash, as Daisy goes after him, punching him on the legs to let go of the bag, "Let Vee go!" she says screaming, only to get pushed to the ground easily as he gets on top of the Rapidash, fleeing the scene instantly.

You both rush to the little girl as the grandma drops her cane to the ground to hold the girl, "Those men took Vee!" the little girl says still screaming, while sobbing uncontrollably. "It's alright baby, all that matter is that you're okay." is all Ann says while hugging the little girl and petting her head. The Turtwig rushes to where the man got on the Rapidash which still seem to leave the indentation of the hooves...

How will you respond?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: "Koffing! Tackle that pest once again, afterwards Protect yourself from the Incinerate, and finish off with an ear splitting Screech!" Blazer is the first one to make a move as he Growls loudly, slightly scaring the Koffing an dropping it's defense. The poisonous ball heads towards Torchic and then Tackles him, sending back the chick a few feet. The Koffing quickly puts up a Protective shield, just as Blazer recovers from the Tackle an sends a wall of fire towards Koffing with Incinerate, which fades as soon as it hits the shield around Koffing. Blazer sends another Incinarate fire wall attack, which the Koffing has no protection for as the attack hits it for moderate damage. The Koffing then creates a loud Screeching noice, which lowers Blazers defense. "We cannot lose! Use another Screech to lower his defense further! Hit it with another Tackle and then hit it with a Psybeam!" the man commands his Koffing, with frustration in his voice.

What will you do?

Thrain: (If you want to throw a Pokéball at the end of this round just link it to the confirmation post in the Pokémart with the number that is currently being thrown. Like if you used 2 of 5 you need to link it to where you bought the 5 and say that you are using Pokéball (3/5)) With both Pokémon continuing to show their health with their breathing, Bellsprout seeming to be panting harder, it seems like it will be a close match with the Nuzleaf's help. Growlithe is the first to make a move as a protective layer seems to cover every possible part of the pup with Safeguard. The flower Pokémon quickly releases another set of flying leaves towards Blaze as it sends Razor Leafs at him. The pup is unable to dodge the leaves, slightly damaging him and cutting his fur in some places. Blazer retaliates by spitting a few flame balls towards Bellsprout with Ember, which hit it lightly as most of the fire balls hit the floor, taking a little more health away. The Bellsprout starts to spit Bullet Seeds once again at Growlithe who takes on the attack head on, taking a sliver of health away, while the Growlither charges another Flamethrower in his mouth, releasing the attack as the seeds stop coming. The stream of fire hits Bellsprout right on, draining more health with it as the flame dissipate. The Bellsprout seems to be panting heavely while Growlithe is panting a little heavier than last time...

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 AM   #731
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: The paralyzing current in Vulpix's body seem to have temporarily gone dormant as it moves around your floating creature. It seems ready for anything. Well almost everything except an attack aimed to its ears, as Allon begins to produce Supersonic sounds as the vibrations produced from his magnet are where the sound originates from, which seem to successfully confuse the fox again. Fighting through the confusion, the Vulpix manages to send another fire attack towards Allon, a fire stream is produced from its mouth which then hits Allon for full damage. The flames of the Flametrower subside, and it looks like they took quite a toll on the steel type, as it tries to conjure up more electric power, once again sending the electric power to the sky as it arcs towards the fox, and the Thunder hits it once again, taking away more health. The fox seems slightly lost and paralyzed as both effects from the paralysis and confusion take over. Taking advantage of the current upper hand, Allon sends another jolt of Thunder towards the Vulpix, which misses the Vulpix by a foot. The Vulpix manages to fight both conditions this time around and sends another fireball like attack with Flame Burst towards your floating friend and hits it for even more damage. Both Pokémon have around half of their health left. Vulpix has about half energy left as well with Allon having about 2/5 of his energy left.

What will you do?
ooc: For people viewing the link, please don't copy it. It's wrong. You cannot edit posts after it has been updated or touched by a Mod. I'll keep the usage in my entry post from now on.

Also, oh my gosh. I didn't know Vulpix Day was coming so soon. So I'm going to do my best here now that I have space.

The Vulpix moves around the floating metal ball, the static in its body must have subsided for now. It was ready for anything as it eyed Allon with determination. What it wasn't ready for was another sound-based attack. Vulpix clearly did not like these, especially the ear-shattering Supersonic which seems to have the ability to mess with its way of thoughts. The Vulpix does its best to fight through the mental handicap and is successful at doing so, breathing a stream of hot fire at the perpetrator. The Flamethrower makes Allon shake in pain, taking a toll on his health. Allon conjures up more electrical energy, sparks fly between the spaces in his magnets as a high-pitched sound emanates from him. He unleashes another Thunder, hitting Vulpix head-on and returning the favor. It looks like the paralysis and the confusion has gotten the best of the wild Pokemon once again as he's unable to attack, Allon uses this opportunity to hit with another high-powered Thunder but this time... it misses.

"Oh nooooo! Allon! Please try to do better, other than that... you're doing well for a Steel type. Just a bit more!"

With the lingering effects settling down, Vulpix fights the statuses and spits out a crimson red Flame that Bursts upon impact with Allon. Allon seems to be distressed as his health takes a dip once more.

"I'm sorry Allon. I should have gotten the other guys to do this. Please forgive me. Only a little bit more and you can get your rest, dear. Use a Magnet-boosted Thunder once again. Chill afterward. If it's not confused by the end of the round, use a Supersonic before I chuck this PokeBall [2/2] at it. Let's go!"
pengyzu is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #732
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest

Thrain: (If you want to throw a Pokéball at the end of this round just link it to the confirmation post in the Pokémart with the number that is currently being thrown. Like if you used 2 of 5 you need to link it to where you bought the 5 and say that you are using Pokéball (3/5)) With both Pokémon continuing to show their health with their breathing, Bellsprout seeming to be panting harder, it seems like it will be a close match with the Nuzleaf's help. Growlithe is the first to make a move as a protective layer seems to cover every possible part of the pup with Safeguard. The flower Pokémon quickly releases another set of flying leaves towards Blaze as it sends Razor Leafs at him. The pup is unable to dodge the leaves, slightly damaging him and cutting his fur in some places. Blaze retaliates by spitting a few flame balls towards Bellsprout with Ember, which hit it lightly as most of the fire balls hit the floor, taking a little more health away. The Bellsprout starts to spit Bullet Seeds once again at Growlithe who takes on the attack head on, taking a sliver of health away, while the Growlithe charges another Flamethrower in his mouth, releasing the attack as the seeds stop coming. The stream of fire hits Bellsprout right on, draining more health with it as the flame dissipate. The Bellsprout seems to be panting heavely while Growlithe is panting a little heavier than last time...

What will you do?

Panting heavily, the two exhausted Pokémon stood facing each other, ready to continue the battle as best they could in their weakened states. Blaze started off by unleashing a Safegaurd attack, shielding his entire body in a protective coating that prevented statuses. Changing tactics, the Bellsprout whipped its arms back and forth, summoning a barrage of Razor Leaves aimed directly at the Growlithe. The majority of the assault sliced and cut Blaze, inflicting a minimal yet significant amount of damage, what with his already lowered health. Blaze bit back the pain and navigated around the perimeter of the clearing, spitting out Embers that also wounded the Bellsprout slightly. Planting its roots in the ground firmly, the flower Pokémon reared back and spat out Seed Bullets toward Blaze in retalitation; the trajectiles grazed the pup directly, taking yet another slither of health. After the brunt of the attack subsided, the Growlithe leaped towards the Bellsprout, projecting a massive Flamethrower that wrapped and curled around the Pokémon's body.

As the fight had been wearing on, Eric had stood from afar analyzing the situation. It looks like Blaze won't be able to put up much of a fight any longer. He's fought well so far, besting the Nuzleaf before he was able to finish his original fight. We'll have to wrap everything up this round, then, Eric thought. Opening his mouth wide, Eric called out his orders: "Blaze, the battle's almost over; you've been doing awesome. Now finish everything up with another Hidden Power (Ice) attack. Then rush forward and Bite the Bellsprout; as your teeth are clamped onto it, unleash a Flamethrower at point-blank range."

Standing back, Eric watched the ensuing attacks, and then threw the Poké Ball (1/5) that he had been clutching towards the Bellsprout...

Last edited by Thrain; 07-03-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Edited link.
Thrain is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #733
DaisyInari
Biding my time
 
DaisyInari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tay-haas
Posts: 2,238
Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Delibird Ridge

DaisyInari – The solution to Natu’s riddle seems simple enough at first… Perhaps a little too simple. Then again, it is only the first round. Perhaps your opponent is merely warming up for the real challenge ahead. About 80% sure of yourself, you set off in direction of…


The Rose Arch

A short walk takes you back to the Sky Gate, where you choose the mobile marked by the decorative arch you saw in your dreams. As soon as the two of you arrive on the path, your senses are saluted by a host of pleasant sights and smells. Flowers of all different origins and shades flank the trail, lending flavor to the air. They sway mildly in the breeze, dreaming of the sky above. A sweetness fills your lungs, expanding your confidence for this little exploration, even if the initial incentive for coming happens to turn out incorrect.

As you amble along at your own ease, stopping every so often to literally smell the roses, Sunshine takes off ahead, whistling a cheery tune but remaining alert for any suspicious activity. The notes seem to both float and fall, even getting underfoot. They support your step, causing it to quicken in altitude, if not by distance. A musical magic carpet. You hum along, only absently aware of the competition at this point. If not for Sunshine occasionally circling back to nudge you forward when you become diverted by a particular plant, the two of you would hardly make any progress. It takes all your concentration just to consider keeping an open mind for psychic signals. Perhaps this is what Natu anticipated by sending you to such a relaxed setting. What a cheeky tactic. …Though you suppose it is your own fault for being so easily sidetracked, to which Sunshine rolls her eyes in agreement.

By the third time this happens, something other than Sunshine’s beak suddenly snaps you out of reverie. A frightened scream, followed by a sinister slurping sound. You and Sunshine exchange a brief look of panic before running ahead to find the source: A Victreebel insinuates upon the path, looming over a Lilligant with hunger in its eyes.

Before either of you can act, however, a strange wind starts to pick up, and a storm of roses suddenly steals your vision. For a moment, you swear you can hear mysterious theme music playing. When the petals subside, there stands before you a Roserade wearing a cape and mask, striking a dramatic pose. He thrusts his bouquet directly at the villainous Victreebel, who appears momentarily confused by the masked weirdo’s mannerisms. It first glances behind it, then upon realizing it was the one being issued a challenge, simply snarls back in response, unimpressed at being held by petalpoint.

However, the Roserade soon becomes quickly distracted (not unlike a certain little girl). He winks at Lilligant and tosses a rose in her direction, whose cheeks quickly turn the same color upon catching it. As Roserade continues to flirt and flaunt for Lilligant’s benefit, the Victreebel grows impatient and WHIPs out a VINE, slamming it into the unsuspecting Roserade’s backside. Lilligant screams as her suitor is sent suddenly flying, landing unceremoniously at your feet with swirls in his eyes, apparently already knocked out.

Victreebel sweatdrops and shrugs, surprised at the ease at which its foe was disposed but not one to complain. It turns eagerly back to its meal, swooping her up with its vine and drawing her close to its gaping jaws. Meanwhile, Roserade is still seeing stars and birdies, and not just the one on your shoulder. Looks like this hammy hero could use a bit of help.

What will you do?
"Come on Sunny! We need to be more confident! About 20% more confident, to be exact!" Daisy piped as she and her feathery friend neared at the Rose Arch. The smell of the flowers hit her before the sight did, and the little girl inhaled deeply. As the pleasant aroma filled her lungs, she felt a lot more calm and her mind seemed to clear of any pessimistic thoughts. Even Sunshine, with her poor smelling abilities, could sense the sweetness and chirped softly. She flew to her trainer's head and nestled into one gian cotton ball, whistling a new song as she let Daisy's legs carry them both. "Aaaah, this place smells great~ I'm glad Natu brought us here. Now all we have to do is not get distracted and w-we got this- AH-CHOO!" Daisy let out a enormous sneeze, her whole body pitching forward and eliciting a very loud squawk from her resting Swablu. One sneeze followed after another, and after a good 30 seconds the girl finally stopped, her face red and teary. "Fudge. Why did the allergies have to kick in? Good thing I have some medicine in here before this gets any worse..." Daisy rummaged in her backpack, taking out some allergy medication along with a hearty amount of tissues. Sunshine fluttered around her head, a little miffed at the sudden launch. "Sorry Sun, didn't expect that to happen! Forgive me?" The child gave a kiss on the bird's head, in which it responded with a soft nip on the cheek.

"Now that that horrible episode's over, what were we going to do again? Oh yeah, find that sneaky little Natu!" Daisy, with a clean nose and a pocket full of used tissues, set out along the flora-lined trail, Sunshine belting out a marching tune. It took about 10 steps before this 9 year old girl had her attention grabbed by some flower and stopped to admire its prettiness. The first time were red hibiscuses and long, drooping heliconias. The second had powerful-smelling jasmine and sweet-pea blossoms that gave Daisy a headache after she smelled them nonstop for a few minutes. It took Swablu all of her power to pull her dizzy trainer away. Sure, the famous roses that gave this place their name were quite nice too, but the last distraction were caused by a group of daisies. Acting just like Pikachu with yellow things in "Hey You Pikachu", the wide-eyed Daisy broke out of her reverie not by her pokemon, but by a piercing scream. Alert, she listened again, and this time she heard an equally loud slurping noise. "Sounds like someone's in trouble! THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR SUPER DAISY! LET'S GO, PARTNER IN CRIME!" Daisy and Sunshine headed straight for the noise, not looking back once to glance at the small yellow and white flowers.

"Whoa, this is EXACTLY what I expected. A damsel in distress and an evil monster coming to eat her! Just like in the movies~" Daisy exclaimed. In this case, the damsel was a frightened Lilligant, frozen in fear as the hungry monster in the form of a Victreebel crept closer to her, drooling. Just as Daisy was about to intervene, a flurry of petals fill the path, obscuring everyone's vision before revealing a dapper Roserade wearing a mask and cape. There was music playing too, and it sounded strangely familiar to the trainer. The mysterious hero threw the bouquet of roses he was holding straight at the Victreebel's face, momentarily stunning it due to the unexpectedness of the action. Instead of finishing the monster off, Tuxedo Rose (as Daisy mentally called it) took out a rose and with a flourish, gave it to the Lilligant. At the sight of the fair lady's blush, Tuxedo Rose continued his charms, not noticing the hungry pitcher plant sneaking up from behind and WHAM! The Vine Whip lashes at the not-so-hero, launching him towards Daisy's feet. The obstacle take care of, Victreebel lurches forward with renewed energy, gurgling contentedly at the thought of his next meal. Lilligant seemed to be as mobile as a rock, so she just closed her eyes and waited for her untimely demise.

"STOP RIGHT THERE. YOU'RE NOT EATING ANYONE, YOU EVILDOER!"

The toothy pokemon stopped and glared angrily at his next obstacle. Daisy stood there, posing dramatically while Sunshine sang a theme song of her own. They might've looked quite formidable, if not for their small size and the big wad of snotty tissues pouring out of Daisy's pocket. "YOU HAVE EATEN YOUR LAST LILLIGANT, YOU MONSTER! PREPARE TO BE BEATEN LIKE AN EGG!" The child declared. Turning to her bird friend, she whispered, "How was that? Did that sound like something SUPER DAISY would do?" Sunny replied with an affirmative tweet and changed the theme song to a battle cry, stirring up the adrenaline withing Daisy.

"ALRIGHT, LET'S SHOW IT WHAT WE'RE MADE OF SUN. TELL HIM TO CHILL WITH AN ICY WIND, THEN RAVAGE HIM UP WITH A TWISTER!"

Hi team post!

Last edited by DaisyInari; 07-03-2012 at 07:15 PM.
DaisyInari is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #734
Shuckle
Mage of Mind
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Thought and Melody
Posts: 3,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rose Arch
Shuckle: Fizz nods as the battle commences once again. Rock energy seems to fill the rock turtle, as five rocks start to circle around him, and are launched one by one at the Ralts with Rock Blast, hitting her and sending her back slightly with each hit for good damage. The Ralts shakes off the dirt from her body before producing another Growl, lowering the attack of the Shuckle a little, who then launches himself towards Elize, latching onto her with a Constrict, wrapping his tentacles around the Ralts with all his power. The Ralts tries to struggle Fizz's grasp but fails to release herself, until she fills herself with psychic energy as she sends another Confusion wave. The attack manages to make Shuckle's grasp slightly looser, but he quickly sends an Acidic spit right to the Ralts body, making the Ralts' struggle triple, as the attack hits the Ralts' flesh. She *manages to get out of the Contrict and walks back a few steps in pain before Taunting Fizz, slightly angering the turtle to attack. The Nidoran tugs your pants a little as it hides behind you with its tiny paws, a little lighter with its hurt paw, grabbing your jeans...

It looks like the trainer and Elize are not ready to back down yet.

What will you do?
Turtle clenches his fist in frustration. "Man, I can't believe it's not down yet. How long is this going to take?" He sighs, then bends down to the poor Nidoran's paw and takes out a handy Swiss army knife. Rapidly flipping through the various tools, he finally comes across the tweezers and begins to pull the thorns out of the injured paw.

Casually, over his shoulder, the tall kid calls out his orders to Fizz.

"I'd like another Constrict, a nice tight one. Acid to the face again, then again if he is still in your clutches...otherwise let's have a Struggle Bug. Hmm, stupid failure tweezers..."

__________________

Spoiler: show
[The Sorcerer's Ambition]A handy link, to be sure.
Level Acquisitions, sorted by level instead of name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
Shuckle's awesomeness level continues to rise.
Shuckle is offline  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #735
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: Looking slightly confused at your interest in the Ladyba's well being, the Ariados makes some angry spider noices at Vesta. A few seconds pass and it finally seems to realize that the effort to fight the Charmander, while maintaining the Ladyba in that state for it to become lunch is too much for it to even attempt it. It starts to slowly back down, while keeping an eye on the fire type for a few feet, before retreating to the bushes. It seems like Vesta successfully managed to evade an unnecessary fight, with the Ladyba sleeping peacefully, for for now at least.

"Hello young trainer." Somewhat startled by the random voice you turn and see a man in a white robe, which seems rather ancient, as his brown and somewhat greasy hair shines, reflecting the sunlight. "Boy do I have an offer that you would love, I'm finding a treasure and I know you are the perfect person to help me. I just feel it. How about it stranger? My name is Hugo by the way." He seems extremely eager, yet smooth as he explains his situation...

How will you respond?
Profile

For a long tense minute Pest watched the Ariados, anxiously waiting for it to strike. To her surprise, it soon seemed to give up on keeping an eye on two targets at once, and quickly scuttled into the bushes and out of sight. "Well, at least we dodged the bullet there," she told Vesta in relief. "Too bad it didn't have more to do with my social skills." Vesta laughed, then realized that her trainer's statement hadn't been a joke.

"And the Ledyba's still sleeping!" Pest said as an afterthought. Her gaze drifted back to the insect slumbering peacefully on the tree. It looked rather adorable, actually. "Though I wonder if I shouldn't have woken it up or something, and have it offer its service in gratitude. Oh well ..."

"Hello, young trainer."

Pest stiffened in surprise, swiveling rather robotically to see a greasy-looking man in a robe. What the -? Where did he come from? Her eyes darted nervously about, unsure where he might have been hiding to sneak up on her so suddenly. She'd been quiet with the Ariados thing, hadn't she? He's stalking me, isn't me? I bet he is. Creeper.

"Boy, do I have an offer that you would love," he continued, not seeming to notice her wariness. "I'm finding a treasure and I know you are the perfect person to help me. I just feel it. How about it stranger? My name is Hugo, by the way."

Pest and Vesta exchanged a glance. That offer came out of nowhere even faster than this Hugo character did. And he'd called her "young trainer" ... well, she wasn't exactly a kid anymore, but that didn't deter her memories of her mother's lengthy lectures about talking to strangers. Add in the vague promise of a treasure and how she was the perfect one to help, and all this guy needed was a suspicious-looking van.

On the other hand, he'd promised treasure. And on the off-chance this was legit, she'd be an idiot to give it up.

"Well," she said after a moment's cautious thought, "that certainly sounds like an interesting proposal. The details involved are a bit lacking though." She rubbed her chin, hoping she could act just important enough to not be pushed into anything. "What exactly is your plan for finding this treasure? To be honest, I'm not sure I understand just how I would play into it. Care to elaborate?"
Pest is offline  
Old 07-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #736
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
MarbleZone: The Growlithe barks in response as she start to sniff around for the scent of her owner's path, until she finally seems to catch the trail were he came from as you head behind her. You walk past many trees and bushes, and while the forest itself isn't dark, there seems to be something awfully creepy about walking in the forest at this time. It isn't long until Ruby starts to bark excidedly, and as you see ahead, a bag is resting on the foot of the tree. You start to head over and are a few feet away only to be surprised as you see something drop from the tree, a green monkey! The Pansage grabs the bag as a red and blue monkey drop from the tree as well. The Pansage quickly climbs another tree and settles on a low branch before taunting you as it pulls underneath its eyes and extends its tongue, with the bag on its other hand. The two other apes look at you and Ruby as the Pansear engages Ruby in a fight to the side and the Panpour sends a Water Gun to your feet, instinctively prompting you to back away a few steps...

What will you do now?
Dammit! The three elemental monkeys!

The way they moved in coordinated fashion heavily suggested that they had been trained to do so. Besides, one was rare enough as it is; the odds of finding the trio in the wild were minimal.

Ruby the Growlithe prepared to engage Pansear, and Panpour issued a challenge of its own to Levin with a Water Gun... but the real target was Pansage, who held the Bag. Bringing a hand to his forehead, Levin let out an exasperated sigh. Would they ever get to rest?

He analysed the situation calmly. Hopefully Growlithe knew what to do, because Levin had no idea what attacks and Abilities she had. For the moment, it'd be best to watch before giving her instructions. As for Panpour, he'd need to be quick in dealing with it. Whereas he could choose his Elekid for type advantage, Crix was yet to learn any Electric-Type moves... Nah, he'd go for raw power instead.

- Out you come... Gaius!!

The young Gible materialized in front of Levin and let out a small roar, clearly fired up for battle.

- This Panpour needs to go down fast, Gaius. Blind it with Sand Attack, then send him packing with Strength!
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #737
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,197
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Sky Gate

Talon87 – You wake. Sunlight screams at your eyes, and you shut them tight before opening once again. As sleep departs from your body, your sight soon becomes clear, yet your thoughts are more confused than ever. Where are you? What were you doing? Slowly, you spread your muscles and reverse direction, raising yourself from the resting. The clouds sigh as their stress lightens, inflating back to their original shape.

Clouds?

You startle. What on earth? No, not on earth. That much is clear, as you try to peer over the makeshift pillow where your head lay but greet only a world of white. If you didn’t know any better, you would guess from the slight damp and chill in the air that you were stuck in winter. Like an Ursaring awakened from hibernation before spring. But snow, however soft, doesn’t have this cotton consistency. It tickles to your touch, and most peculiarly removes any trace of imprint as soon as your hand releases its weight.

The only answer then, unless this is all a dream, is that you are up. But how did you get here, bar passing directly through the Pearly Gates? (A possibility you do not want to even consider, for a number of reasons.) Your mind whirls and rewinds, trying to navigate the fog of memories that clouds your own brain. You recall sending out SugarPuff to subdue Mankey, and then there was something about a serpent…

You stop. SugarPuff. Mankey. Where are they? You search frantically. There are no signs of your companions anywhere, let alone the snake you were fighting. It didn’t steal your friends away with the promise of fruit, did it? No, no, that’s silly talk. Keep a level head, Cyrus. Your hands fly to your belt, comforting slightly at the familiar feel of six metal spheres under your fingers. Shaking with trepidation, you obtain the nearest one and call upon its contents, praying for an answer. Even if this were paradise, there’s no way you would wish to spend eternity alone.

The ball brightens, and from it births the image of your Chikorita, safe and sound. She immediately leaps upon you without restraint, causing the two of you to fall together onto the softness. You laugh in both joy and relief as she tickles your chin with her leaf, adoring. For some reason, you both feel as if forever has passed since you last saw each other. It’s a warming emotion… One of homecoming, reunion. Togetherness.

Prying Celes off your lap at last, you stand up and check each of your teammates in turn, smiling to see they’re all here and healthy before returning them promptly back to their homes. When you reach Celes, she shies from your summon and shakes her head slightly. You sigh, stooping down to stroke her leaf and explain to her the situation at hand. Upon realizing her footing is not as firm as she had thought, she sadness substitutes alarm as she swiftly shifts her load back and forth, striving to maintain lightness. Upon your repeated offer of her Pokéball, she wilts but reluctantly withdraws to safety.

With the headcount handled, you turn your attention to the matter of still not knowing exactly where the hell (at the very least you can hopefully rule that possibility out) you are. As your scan the surroundings, your eyes widen to recognize a building in the distance, bold against the blank background. Not only that, but a proud “P” presents itself above the doorway, as holy and iconic as a pair of golden arches would appear right now. You massage your eyes in disbelief, unsure whether it might merely be a mirage. When the image persists, your heart leaps with hope. Not only does the prospect of other people appeal to you, but surely this qualifies as hard proof that you’ve not died and gone to heaven. Why would paradise need a Pokémon Center, after all?

You cross the clouds as quick as you dare, fearing heavy steps will break through such thin support, and enter the double doors into a hospitable realm that thankfully takes you back. The sterile smell, the sight of trainers resting with their Pokémon, and the same old tune you’ve heard time and time again playing over the lobby loudspeakers… They all welcome you gladly.

For some reason, the interior also seems to be strangely decorated with a number of colored balloons. You briefly wonder if it might be someone’s Birthday, but push aside the thought in favor of the more pressing priority. Ignoring the rest of the millers for the moment, you march straight on over to address the smiling woman behind the counter. She bows to your approach, the typical twin extensions at the back of her head bobbing faintly.

“Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center. How may I help you?”

You quickly describe your circumstances, and she nods, never losing her joyful look.

“Why, you’re at the Cloud Garden, dear.” At your questioning stare, she clarifies. “My, don’t tell me you’ve never heard of it? It’s only the most wondrous place in the world! In fact, there’s a festival that’s just about to start right outside to celebrate its first discovery. Why don’t you go take a look?”

She then leans in close, and her sweet smile stretches ever so slightly. It’s a bit unnerving how it never sways.

“Although, if you want my advice, the place you should really check out first is Memory Lane. It’s just past the entrance to Rainbow Road, you can’t miss it. Believe me, it’s beautiful this time of year. Why, I remember there was a boy about your age who also came into the Center a while ago with his Houndoom, and he took my suggestion to go there… He never did come back though… I wonder what became of him…”

Her voice drops to a murmur, as if conversing more to herself. All the meanwhile, her brilliant blue eyes bore into your own, and you find yourself barely able to keep contact. Like a trance, you succumb to suggestion.

Suddenly, a hand clasps your shoulder, silencing the spell. You startle to see a man of height and uniform standing next to you, smiling obliquely.

“Thank you, Joy. We’ll be leaving now.”

The nurse beams and bows politely once more. “Thank you for coming. We hope to see you again!”

Before you have a chance to form a response, the man steers you towards the door with a firm grip. Rather than forcing you through them however, he relaxes upon seeing the nurse already occupied with another patient and releases you near the waiting benches. His plastic grin eases as you await an explanation.

“Sorry about that, kid. You shouldn’t listen to Jo- I mean, Nurse Joy too closely. She’s been a bit batty ever since a fire burned down her old Center several years ago, killing all the Pokémon inside. Now she always sends trainers on gravewalks to remind them of the pain she suffered.”

He leans in close, and the ventilation system must have malfunctioned for a moment because the air in the lobby seems to drop a degree.

“Rumor has it that she goes there herself in the dead of the night to harvest organs for transplants. She then lets the patients die on her table and keeps their corpses in the back.”

Upon your appalled reaction, he abruptly draws back, chuckling with great amusement.

“Just kidding! She’s a good doctor, and a friend of my colleague. Her tastes are just a little weird. I can understand where she’s coming from though.” His smile slackens, and the detachment in his eyes seems to suggest he’s reliving some horrors of his own right now. He absently touches the brim of his navy blue cap, and for the first time you notice it bears a badge of bronze wings.

Snapping back, his tone turns suddenly serious. “Besides, it is true she’s not all well. Sad to say it, but after she moved up here for a break, the lack of oxygen might have also addled her brain eventually.”

He notes your look of concern, and hastily continues. “But you don’t have to worry about that, if you’re just visiting. Scientists have figured out how to adjust the atmosphere so that it would take years to cause significant damage to your body. Most humans who live here have a natural tolerance from birth, especially if they were raised in the environment. Others usually go through training to develop it if necessary, such as myself.”

He extends a hand and tips his hat, revealing a head of dark hair. “Name’s Michael Falk by the way, pilot at your service. I’m helping to run the fair Nurse Joy mentioned. You’re welcome to come by if you’d like.” He regards you for a moment, taking in your besieged, bedraggled appearance. Maybe he mistook your disheveled hair as a sign of unspeakable suffering rather than slumber, as he smiles sympathetically. He turns to one of the magazine racks by the benches and pulls out a pamphlet, which appears to be a guide to the Garden. In inflates itself with definitions of each area, as well as associated images. He opens to a page that humbly describes a calm water park filled with fresh, frolicking fish, and presents it to you.

“It’s gonna get extremely here crowded soon, but you look like you could probably do with some peace and quiet instead. If you prefer a place to just sit and think, The Fountain Garden is a good place to reflect. Though that’s just my personal recommendation, feel free to visit wherever you like while you’re here. I hear The Rose Arch and Stardust Fields are also quite nice.”

As he lets you look over the choices as well as familiarize with your overall location, he checks his watch. “Looks like I’d better get back to my station. They’ve probably finished setting up by now, it’s almost opening time.” He doffs his cap again. “It was nice meeting you. Perhaps I’ll see you around. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Cloud Garden!”

With that, he departs, leaving you with guide in hand and a decision to make.

Where will you go?
With pamphlet in hand, Cyrus walked over to one of the sofas in the Pokémon Center and took a seat. This was all so very strange. Maybe the pamphlet which that man had handed to him would shed some light on this place. Cyrus opened up the pamphlet and started absent-mindedly scanning its contents. His mind was elsewhere, a flurry of thoughts. Just where in the world was he right now? The Cloud Garden? Cyrus had never heard of such a place before. Was he really 10,000 feet above the ground right now? How did he get here? What had happened to the fight with that snake from a few minutes ago? Cyrus caught himself staring fixedly at this one picture in the brochure of a desolate wasteland. "The Burnt Forest Wastelands, huh?" Cyrus muttered to himself. The picture showed blackened earth and petrified trees. Cyrus read the description text beside it. "Not much is known about this baron, sandy, dusty, dirty, burnt area. Some say it was once a lush, green forest that was the battlefield between two powerful fire Pokémon." But look at it now. Were places like this one typical of the Cloud Garden? Cyrus turned back to the start of the pamphlet and began to read the descriptions of each and every one of the areas. Whenever he reached one which the man, the one who introduced himself as Michael Falk, had specifically mentioned by name, Cyrus made a mental note of it. But speaking of Captain Falk ...

Cyrus looked up from the brochure. There was no sign of the pilot anywhere, of course. As Cyrus' eyes took in the center, they fell on Nurse Joy. Cyrus wondered about Captain Falk's warnings to him. In fact, that entire series of conversations had been so strange. Why had Cyrus felt so compelled to visit Memory Lane? Why did Captain Falk crack those off-color jokes about Nurse Joy? He seemed to be on a first-name basis with her. Were they really just jokes? Or was there some truth to what the pilot had said? Cyrus had no idea what to think or who to believe.

Looking back down at the brochure, Cyrus cynically chuckled to himself, thinking that he couldn't even really be sure that the person who had made this pamphlet was trustworthy. What if he had wandered into one of those pagan villages you always hear about in scary stories? The ones where the locals sacrifice a poor lost soul who has found himself lost or in need of a lift? What if the "fair" that Captain Falk had been talking about wasn't really a fair at all? What if it was ...? Dismissing these thoughts from his mind as paranoid and stupid, Cyrus looked back at the brochure Captain Falk had given him. "The Fountain Garden: A small garden filled with fountains, waterfalls and clear lakes. Water Pokémon love this little area and thrive to the point where you can't turn around without tripping over a Magikarp. Fishing is not allowed in this area as it is considered as cruelty towards the water Pokémon."

Hmm, Cyrus thought. Fountains, huh? And waterfalls too. Where there's running water, Cyrus figured, there's got to be a source. If he were follow the water back to its source then maybe, just maybe, he might find some more answers about where on earth he was right then. Standing up from the couch, Cyrus opened up his backpack, threw the pamphlet inside, zipped his backpack up, checked his belt to make sure all six PokéBalls were there, and headed out the front door. Looking for a roadsign or for someone who could point him in the right direction, Cyrus made his way towards the Fountain Garden.


Member Post
Talon87 is offline  
Old 07-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #738
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update 18 (07/05/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: He chuckles a little before responding, "I need someone to help me deal with some Pokémon and/or people that might be a little...bothered that we are going into their habitat," while seeming a little suspicious and vague, he continuous to expand his explanation. "I can't tell you where the treasure is because, well, you'll have a hard time believing it if I told you, which is why I want to show you. Mind you, I've never been there before but I heard stories of people who said they heard it from other people, and I've finally located the place where to begin searching for the treasure. It'll be a long and tough path, but it'll definitely be worth your time. I guarantee it!" Still seeing that you're not satisfied with the response, he continuous, "Like I said I'll show you! The pathway is not far from here!" After walking for a few minutes you reach the edge of the rainbow path. He then starts again, "You have exactly one minute to decide whether you want to follow me or not, after which the gate will close, so act fast if you want to follow!" Throwing a bit of powder off the edge, he says, "Wish me luck, hopefully I'm right!" He then dive off the path, with nothing but emptiness off the path, which after looking down, there is not trace of the man...

What will you do?


Space Path
pengyzu: With Allon's type disadvantage, it is clear that the Vulpix is trying its hardest to exploit it with fire attacks, though not this time around, as it slowly swings its tail. Charging towards Allon, Vulpix jumps overhead before Tail Whipping him, with minimal damage, but lowering his defense effectively. It seems that the little fox is rid of the confusion completely as the last blow is delivered. Allon starts to charge up electrical energy, and releases another devastatingly powerful Thunder, whose power clears the clouds overhead before arching back down towards the Vulpix. The blast hits right next to Vulpix who is sent flying to the side. Slowly getting up from the latest assault, Vulpix spits out another dose of small fireball like attacks towards Magnemite with Ember, who takes the attack lowering his health by a bit. Shaking off the flames, Allon releases a Supersonic sound, which the Vulpix is once again greatly affected by, as it succumbs to the confusion once again. You throw the Pokéball at the Vulpix, and as the red and white orb hits the fur on top of the Vulpix's head, it disappears, absorbed by the orb. You and Jenni, watch as the ball vibrates on the ground for a few seconds which seem like an eternity, until the ball bursts open. Jenni groans, obviously disappointed at the outcome, before quickly cheering for both of you, "Come on, you can do it Rey! You too Allon!" Allon's energy is now almost 1/5, with his health being a little lower than 2/5, and the little fox's health and energy are also about 2/5.

What will you do now?

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: The Nidoran winces a little as a single thorn is taken out, taking its paw away for a second, while the trainer, quite irritated now, barks orders to the Ralts. "Elize, set up a Double Team! Hit is with a Confusion after that!" The Ralts nods as it starts to move rapidly across the field, creating two exact copies of herself with Double Team, who set up a triangle formation around Fizz. Fizz jumps to a copy of Ralts, trying to squeeze her once again with his tentacles with Constrict, but passes right through the copy, turning as quickly as possibly before being hit with a light wave of psychic energy as Elize uses Confusion. Meanwhile, the last thorn is finally taken from the Nidoran's paw, looking quite grateful for the help you've offered it. Fizz releases another ray like attack of bug energy as you look to the match, the Struggle Bug hits the real Ralts right in the chest, making the other copy disappear as the attack takes a chunk of the Ralts' health. "We cannot lose this! Start by setting up a Light Screen, and follow it up with another Growl. Then go in for an Ice Punch!" The Ralts nods at her trainer, panting a little from her reduced health as it is around 2/5 left, with her energy being around 1/2 left, and Fizz's health being around 3/5 left, while his energy is also 1/2 left. The Nidoran looks on to the match, while still weak from the assault it sustained earlier, but now free of thorns on her paw.

What will you do now?


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: Look back here.


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: With Ruby fighting on your left side, you see that she is very well trained as she manages to hold her own against the fiery ape. This leaves your focus to be solely on Gible, at least for now, with the Panpour looking at the Gible with a grin on its face, and the Pansage cheering on its elemental friends with the bag over it's shoulder on its back. Gaius is the one that makes the first move as he kicks the ground to send dirt into Panpour's eyes with Sand-Attack, effectively lowering its accuracy. The Panpour can still apparently make out shapes and hear the Gible as it Scratches Gaius across the body for light damage, which makes him retaliate by slamming into the aquatic simian for good damage with Strength. The Panpour quickly responds as well by heading for a big wet Lick, which seems to damage the Gible more emotionally than physically, as it wipes of the attack. Both Pokémon still look quite ready to continue with the match just beggining...

What will you do now?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Your pup barks happily at your confidence and praise as the Bellsprout looks at both of you, while a little shaken, it's eyes still show determination to see this fight through. The Bellsprout quickly roots itself on the ground, and takes energy from the ground as it grows a little from the power gain given by its Growth. The pup quickly responds by creating the orbs around his body which release ice energy on impact with Hidden Power (Ice) , which hit the Bellsprout again, lowering its health further. The Bellsprout retaliates by spitting another Bullet Seed attack towards Blaze, hitting him on the face, taking a little health away, jumping away in the middle of the seed barrage to Bite the Bellsprout, who dodges the attack barely. The Bellsprout then starts to glow, trying to recover health once again with Synthesis, trying to convert solar energy into health, just as Blaze sends a Flamethrower attack to Bellsprout, which hits it completely and engulfs it in fire. The flames fade and the Bellsprout looks on, still standing and panting heavely, but then as it tries to move it reaches its limit, falling to the ground KO'ed. Level Up for Growlithe. You decide to throw a Pokéball at the fallen Pokémon, which hits its fainted body, absorbing the Bellsprout into it. It shakes once... twice...and does a sound before finally stopping. Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 6 Bellsprout! The Nuzleaf looks on, with tears on its eyes, as it quickly runs and fades into the trees and forest after seeing its friend be captured...

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:05 AM   #739
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: With Allon's type disadvantage, it is clear that the Vulpix is trying its hardest to exploit it with fire attacks, though not this time around, as it slowly swings its tail. Charging towards Allon, Vulpix jumps overhead before Tail Whipping him, with minimal damage, but lowering his defense effectively. It seems that the little fox is rid of the confusion completely as the last blow is delivered. Allon starts to charge up electrical energy, and releases another devastatingly powerful Thunder, whose power clears the clouds overhead before arching back down towards the Vulpix. The blast hits right next to Vulpix who is sent flying to the side. Slowly getting up from the latest assault, Vulpix spits out another dose of small fireball like attacks towards Magnemite with Ember, who takes the attack lowering his health by a bit. Shaking off the flames, Allon releases a Supersonic sound, which the Vulpix is once again greatly affected by, as it succumbs to the confusion once again. You throw the Pokéball at the Vulpix, and as the red and white orb hits the fur on top of the Vulpix's head, it disappears, absorbed by the orb. You and Jenni, watch as the ball vibrates on the ground for a few seconds which seem like an eternity, until the ball bursts open. Jenni groans, obviously disappointed at the outcome, before quickly cheering for both of you, "Come on, you can do it Rey! You too Allon!" Allon's energy is now almost 1/5, with his health being a little lower than 2/5, and the little fox's health and energy are also about 2/5.

What will you do now?
The Vulpix pounces at the levitating ball after it takes a bit of a breather. It uses its Tail to Whip and wipe the magnet in an attempt to make it a bit softer. This proves to be successful as though it seems that the Vulpix has recovered from the confusion.

"Oh no.... Wait... we can still do this Allon! I hope that paralysis kicks in... Either way, just keep going!"

Electrical energy flies through the air surrounding Allon once again. The power emanates a powerful aura colored yellow complete with crackling sounds. The little bolt of zest sends a large amount of electricity in the form of lightning and Thunder at the wild Pokemon once again. The electricity courses through its veins but it overcomes the power once again, breathing out a small Ember, still doing some nice super effective damage on the hero's friend. Allon recovers from this before vibrating its magnets at a fast pace, making a Supersonic sound echo once more, jumbling Vulpix's thinking.

"Great Allon! Okay... it's time...." said Rey. He grabs a Pokeball from his bag and throws it at the Vulpix. It pings as it hits the Pokemon, before engulfing the target with a red light and absorbing it. The two trainers waited in anticipation and excitement, with fingers crossed and eyes, peeled open, they were anxious to see the outcome as the ball wiggles and sounds. The smiles turned into frowns as the ball burst open, revealing the Vulpix.

Jenni groans, obviously disappointed at the outcome, before quickly cheering for both of you, "Come on, you can do it Rey! You too Allon!"

"Thanks Jenni. I owe you for this nice battle. Anyway, I can't have my dear Allon suffer for much longer. I think I need to end this... Allon... please, do your best. Hidden Power (Water) twice. Then... I shall throw another Pokeball [1/10]."
__________________

Last edited by pengyzu; 07-07-2012 at 12:46 AM.
pengyzu is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #740
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest

Thrain: Your pup barks happily at your confidence and praise as the Bellsprout looks at both of you, while a little shaken, it's eyes still show determination to see this fight through. The Bellsprout quickly roots itself on the ground, and takes energy from the ground as it grows a little from the power gain given by its Growth. The pup quickly responds by creating the orbs around his body which release ice energy on impact with Hidden Power (Ice) , which hit the Bellsprout again, lowering its health further. The Bellsprout retaliates by spitting another Bullet Seed attack towards Blaze, hitting him on the face, taking a little health away, jumping away in the middle of the seed barrage to Bite the Bellsprout, who dodges the attack barely. The Bellsprout then starts to glow, trying to recover health once again with Synthesis, trying to convert solar energy into health, just as Blaze sends a Flamethrower attack to Bellsprout, which hits it completely and engulfs it in fire. The flames fade and the Bellsprout looks on, still standing and panting heavely, but then as it tries to move it reaches its limit, falling to the ground KO'ed. Level Up for Growlithe. You decide to throw a Pokéball at the fallen Pokémon, which hits its fainted body, absorbing the Bellsprout into it. It shakes once... twice...and does a sound before finally stopping. Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 6 Bellsprout! The Nuzleaf looks on, with tears on its eyes, as it quickly runs and fades into the trees and forest after seeing its friend be captured...

What will you do now?

Thinking quickly, the Bellsprout extended its roots into the earth to gather nutrients for a Growth as soon as Eric finished speaking; the move increased the plant's attack power slightly. Barking with a confidence and determination Eric had not yet seen, Blaze reared back and let loose a Hidden Power (Ice) soon after, hitting the flower Pokémon head-on. "Yeah, that's the way, Blaze!" Eric shouted as the Bellsprout cried out in pain. There's no way this fight will last much longer. The Pokémon's tenacious, I'll give it that, but it's not a match to a fire type, Eric thought to himself silently. The Bellsprout seemed to realize this, too, as it stood across the clearing panting heavily. It did not give up, however, shooting forth Seed Bullets in Blaze's direction. The attack hit the fiery pup, inflicting a minimal amount of damage. Shrugging off the assault, Blaze leaped forward and tried to Bite the flower, but the Pokémon was quick and managed to evade his maw. The sun streaming through the trees then began to worm and wiggle its way towards the Bellsprout: the Pokémon was absorbing light energy for a Synthesis to heal itself! "No, Blaze. Don't let it complete the Synthesis!"

Blaze barked his understanding and opened his mouth wide, discharging a massive wave of flames for a Flamethrower. The fire circled and snaked its way around the plant's body, burning it in several places. As the smoke cleared, Eric found the Bellsprout still standing, but then it took a few steps and fell heavily to the ground, KO'ed. (Blaze grew from Lv. 7 to Lv. 8.) Eric shouted in excitement, throwing a Poké Ball over towards the fallen Pokémon. The ball hit the Bellsprout on the head, absorbing the Pokémon into its depths. It hit the ground, rolling once... twice... a third time. And then a resounding Ping! rang forth through the clearing, signaling that the flower had finally been caught. "Yes, Blaze! We did it! We caught our first Pokémon!" Eric yelled in excitement. Rushing over, the Growlithe jumped up and down in ecstasy as well. "Well, celebrations aside, Blaze. You deserve a nice rest." Pulling out his Poké Ball, Eric returned him to it.

Turning to look across the clearing, Eric watched the Nuzleaf that had fought previously regain its feet, teary-eyed. The Pokémon then rushed off into the wilderness, crushed out of view by the brush. Feeling a little saddened for the poor Nuzleaf, Eric continued along the path in the general direction the Pokémon ran off, all the while looking for a Pokémon Centre to heal Blaze and his new Bellsprout...
Thrain is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #741
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: He chuckles a little before responding, "I need someone to help me deal with some Pokémon and/or people that might be a little...bothered that we are going into their habitat," while seeming a little suspicious and vague, he continuous to expand his explanation. "I can't tell you where the treasure is because, well, you'll have a hard time believing it if I told you, which is why I want to show you. Mind you, I've never been there before but I heard stories of people who said they heard it from other people, and I've finally located the place where to begin searching for the treasure. It'll be a long and tough path, but it'll definitely be worth your time. I guarantee it!" Still seeing that you're not satisfied with the response, he continuous, "Like I said I'll show you! The pathway is not far from here!" After walking for a few minutes you reach the edge of the rainbow path. He then starts again, "You have exactly one minute to decide whether you want to follow me or not, after which the gate will close, so act fast if you want to follow!" Throwing a bit of powder off the edge, he says, "Wish me luck, hopefully I'm right!" He then dive off the path, with nothing but emptiness off the path, which after looking down, there is not trace of the man...

What will you do?
Profile

When he laughed in response to her question, Pest's hackles rose. At least, she was pretty sure they were rising; she didn't have a clear idea of what hackles would be.

"I need someone to help me deal with some Pokémon and/or people that might be a little ... bothered that we are going into their habitat," he said, a statement which didn't do anything to lessen Pest's suspicions. Was he a poacher of some kind? A cultist poacher? Did those even exist outside of crime shows? "I can't tell you where the treasure is," he went on, "because, well, you'll have a hard time believing it if I told you, which is why I want to show you." She supposed he had a point there. "Mind you, I've never been there before but I heard stories of people who said they heard it from other people, and I've finally located the place where to begin searching for the treasure. It'll be a long and tough path, but it'll definitely be worth your time. I guarantee it!"

And that had answered exactly none of her questions. Not in full, at least. "So ... we'd be going after an urban legend, then?" She was tempted to throw in a joke about it being a rural legend instead, but even she could tell that would probably be the least funny thing on the planet. "Look sir, your offer is pretty tempting, but if you can't even tell me about this place ..."

"Like I said, I'll show you! The pathway is not far from here!"

He started off, seeming fairly confident that she would follow. Pest raised an eyebrow at Vesta, who was just as skeptical about this. "What do you think?" she asked. "Is this guy a criminal, or just crazy?"

Vesta shrugged.

Pest liked to think of herself as a logical person. She preferred to have reasons for doing things, and she wanted to be fairly sure of the results of her actions. What she had done recently with the Ariados was not logical however, yet that had turned out perfectly all right. Perhaps it was a sign? "Maybe we can take a chance," she said reasonably. "He does look pretty earnest about his little quest." She waved at the Ledyba on the trunk, not particularly caring that it was still asleep. "Wish me luck, little bug! I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it."

With that she hurried after the stranger, with Vesta right on her heels.

The colors of Rainbow Road stretched on before them as they ascended, reflecting in the air with their chromatic beauty. Thus it was soon rather obvious that they had reached its end, where the man stood waiting for them. "You have exactly one minute to decide whether you want to follow me or not, after which the gate will close, so act fast if you want to follow!" He followed this statement with a toss of a pinch of powder, which was sprinkled over the edge. "Wish me luck, hopefully I'm right!"

"About what?" she quipped. "Me following you, or there being a gate?"

But his jump quickly threw her sarcasm from her mind; with a gasp she hurried over to peek past the edge. What was he doing? But soon she saw something that gave her pause, or rather a lack of something: there was no trace of the man to be seen, no shrinking speck to show his inevitable doom. It was as if he had simply vanished off the face of the earth.

"What the ...?" She stared open-mouthed for a few seconds, hardly believing what had just happened. "Maybe he's not so crazy at all."

Vesta didn't have a response for that.

"Well, it seems like he has more of an idea about what he's doing than we thought." She reached down and picked her Charmander up, setting her back on her shoulders. "And if there's magic ... well ..."

She glanced over the edge again. Everything looked so small from up here ...

"I hope I don't regret this," she muttered, and leapt off the edge before common sense could stop her.
Pest is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #742
Charminions
Your reality is mine
 
Charminions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Cloud Forest

Charminions¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

After securing Carnivine’s confinement, you tend to Apollo’s wounds. The medicine performs marvels, making most of the battle marks depart from his body. He flexes his arms experimentally, no longer marred by the ugly rope burns that flattened his feathers. He nods at you, and the two of you then set off in search of further excitement… Just hopefully not in the form of another sexual predator. You’ve had enough rough ’n tumble for one day, best to steer clear of conflict for a while.

You wander without aim, enjoying the lull after such a heated experience. All is quiet, save for the mild songs of birds. …That is, until you hear a shrill voice scream through the trees, perishing the peace. Feathers and leaves rain down on you as the birds alarm and take flight, bumping into each other. You and Apollo exchange stares through the surprise shower, then take off running towards the sound in tandem.

The two of you burst into a clearing, ready to defend against whatever threat you may face. Your gaze greets a small girl sitting in the center, sobbing. An inverted basket lies by her lap, next to a bright patch of flowers. Picked blossoms spill from its interior, drowned passengers, flooding the forest floor with pastel petals. A pretty yet poignant paint canvas. Sinking in a whirlpool of color and tears, the girl herself, sat gracefully even in her grief, complements the lovely picture. Golden hair joined in braids exudes royal radiance, and her strawberry skirt and slippers resemble a gown, an elegant doll’s dress. You almost want to pick up such a cute creature and take her home with you to have tea parties.

You glance around for any signs of danger, but nothing seems to jump out at you. Relaxing slightly, you approach the child to see if she’s all right. She stops sniffling when she sees you coming, and as you smile and reach out your hand to help her up…

“EEK! PERVERT! GET AWAY!”

Her teeth chomp down on your tender fingers, followed by a tiny fist to your face and finally a sharp kick to your leg. You cringe and crumple, while the little girl scrabbles to her feet and scurries away to the safety of a tree. Her beady eyes observe the damage from behind a branch as you rub your smarting shin. (You swear you sense a smirk.) For such a petite figure, she sure packs a punch. Apollo pats your back and glares at the girl, who stretches one of her eyes, almost revealing the socket, and sticks her tongue out in response.

“Biiiii~”

That does it. Apollo rolls up his feathers, about to pursue the brat and drill into her some discipline about manners. You manage to hold him back though, thinking no good will come of beating up on a kid when she’s already accused you of being a molester. You sigh, wondering what story you’d have to tell the cops if they came upon such a scene. Just your luck; as soon as you escape from a real rapist, this time it seems you’re the one mistaken for a sexual menace.

Now that both of you are no longer crying out (whether from pain or panic), you suddenly find yourself aware of a persistent hum. Curious, you follow it to see a happy Combee hovering around the patch of flowers, oblivious to the tension between you two as it carries about its buzzniss of collecting pollen.

How will you react to this situation?
Charm and Apollo aimlessly venture off further into the Cloud Forest, feeling quite at ease after dealing with such an intense battle. However, their peace is ended when they hear a girlish scream echoing through the forest. The shrieking distrubed the nearby birds who fly away in alarm, causing leaves and feathers to shower down on the duo. "What was that?" Charm asks, looking at his equally confused partner. As if on cue, Charm and Apollo run to find the source of the scream.

They find themselves at a clearing and anxiously prepare to face whatever may come their way, but all they find a little girl crying away. An upside-down basket sits on top of her lap with a batch of flowers laying next to her. The girl has braided blonde hair, and wears a red skirt and slippers. Charm wondered what a little girl would be doing in a dangerous forest like this, and why she's crying.

Charm looks around to see if there's any danger around them. Not noticing anything, he approaches the girl to see if she's okay. Reaching out his hand he asks, "Are you alright?" when suddenly the girl yells out, “EEK! PERVERT! GET AWAY!” She bites down on his fingers, before punching him in the face with her small fist and following up with a kick to his leg. Without even a moment to realize what's going on, Charm crumbles to the floor. "What the..." The girl runs off to a nearby tree, and Charm almost can feel like that girl wasn't seriously crying. He rubs his injured shin while Apollo comes over to comfort Charm. The Combusken stares coldly at the little attacker, who responds by stretching her eye and sticking our her tongue.

Apollo certainly wasn't going to take that and prepares to go after the girl. "No don't bother with her," Charm says, holding him back. "If we beat her up, the cops will go after us. She already accused me of being a sexual offender." Apollo relaxes a bit, still not happy with the situation but figures that it's best to not cause more trouble. Charm gives out a sigh, "Just great. First we're attacked by a sex offender and then I'm accused of being one."

They get up and hear a buzzing sound. Following it, they find a Combee happily tending to some flowers but feeling somewhat aware of Charm and Apollo's tension. "Let's not bother this little Combee. Maybe we should keep moving. Following that little girl would cause us more harm than good at this rate, but if we run into her again we'll have to find out why she attacked me."
__________________
Charminions is offline  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #743
RoseradeX
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Rainbow Waterfalls: A lush green area with many caves and secret hideouts. Pokemon of all kinds are drawn to the area due to its serenity and rich source of nutrition. The spray from the waterfalls create many rainbows which hang in the skies above making it a popular destination for pokemon trainers and tourists alike.
Vine and I followed one rainbow onto the next one. The scene was breathtaking; color captured the landscape as far as I could see. Vine motioned towards me, and I knew what she wanted. Bending down slowly, she jumped onto my right shoulder, balanced herself, and took a better look.

"Wow. I never thought I would get to see something so incredible."

Vine nodded in agreement. She had grabbed a nearby flower on the way here and now was chewing on it gleefully. Sitting down, I rummaged through my backpack, looking at all I had. Once that grew dull, I lay on my back and stared up at the blue sky. Or was it red? There was definitely a patch of pink floating there, and maybe a dab of green. Actually, it was kind of hard to see any blue; it was being chased away by a unique spectrum of twenty different hues or so.

Yet, even with the serene hum of waterfalls and quiet rush of wind, I was distressed. I craved action, a sense of adventure, or just anything to keep my on my toes. For some reason, I felt Vine knew what I was feeling, so she climbed onto my chest and tried to pull my hair. I pushed her away. At least she was trying to get some response from me, but my lethargy conquered my sense of action. Closing my eyes, I decided I would wait until later, hoping that adventure would find me, instead of the other way around.
RoseradeX is offline  
Old 07-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #744
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields

kaisap112: The old lady chuckles as she hears your reason for wanting a Moon Stone, "Haha, it's nice to see that you are thinking ahead, though don't worry about it too much, enjoy the time you have with your Skitty! And I wouldn't dream of challenging another trainer with their tired Pokémon, I have a soup that'll restore them to full health in no time!" She then starts walking, with you following her. After a few minutes of walking, and talking, mostly her about her travels as a Pokémon coordinator. You finally reach her house, "There it is!" she announces, as you see a small yet beautiful white house, with a red roof and porch with a swing.

As you walk in the house you hear light footsteps rushing to you, as a young girl suddenly screams, "Grandma! You're home!" The old lady puts her cane on the side of a table as she hugs the maybe 5-6 year old little girl, with an Eevee excitedly running behind the little girl, "Hey there sweetie, I came with company! This is Noriko, and her friend, Kitty!" The little girl hides behind her grandmother's leg as she timidly says, "Hello, my name is Daisy, and this is Vee." "Where is Nadine?" the grandmother asks, which the little girl answer, "She left a minute ago to get some berries!" She then runs off outside with Eevee, as Ann screams after her, "Stay near the porch!" she then turns to you as she excuses her, "I'm so sorry she's quite timid and energetic." She then ushers you to the kitchen, noticing a cabinet full of trophies on the way, mostly from contests, which makes you wonder just how good Ann is or was in her time.

As soon as she enters the kitchen, she grabs two bowls and pours a red soup from a pot, as she proudly says, "I just made it today, it's Sitrus Berry soup, not a single sick Pokémon in sight after they drink it!" She lays it on the ground with Kitty approaching it slowly before taking a lick, after which she had no trouble continuing to eat it to the last drop while Ann spoke of the task at hand, "He's upstairs, we'll go get him in a second after Skitty feels better." Suddenly Kitty's ears perk up, with the old lady noticing it, "Huh, I wonder what got her attention?" She asks after which something like footsteps are heard from upstairs as something runs across the room and then down the stairs as the old lady tenses up. "Turtwig, Turt!" a little grass turtle like creature urgently tries to get your attention outside as it scratches the door. You both head towards the door and open it. You see a man in the distance, dressed in jeans and a red shirt with a bag, bag that is moving, walking towards a Rapidash, as Daisy goes after him, punching him on the legs to let go of the bag, "Let Vee go!" she says screaming, only to get pushed to the ground easily as he gets on top of the Rapidash, fleeing the scene instantly.

You both rush to the little girl as the grandma drops her cane to the ground to hold the girl, "Those men took Vee!" the little girl says still screaming, while sobbing uncontrollably. "It's alright baby, all that matter is that you're okay." is all Ann says while hugging the little girl and petting her head. The Turtwig rushes to where the man got on the Rapidash which still seem to leave the indentation of the hooves...

How will you respond?
"Haha, it's nice to see that you are thinking ahead, though don't worry about it too much, enjoy the time you have with your Skitty! And I wouldn't dream of challenging another trainer with their tired Pokémon, I have a soup that'll restore them to full health in no time!" Noriko smiled at Ann, relieved that her Kitty and new friend, Elmira the Shinx, could get some well-earned rest.

“I sure like my Skitty as she is, but she might want to evolve someday…” Noriko walked after the older woman, listening to her stories about her career as a Pokémon coordinator. This lady sure had been everywhere and taken part in all the big Contests! "There it is!" Ann said suddenly, the two having reached a lovely little house, white as snow, with a red roof and a sweet little porch.

As they entered the house, a little girl ran to them, accompanied by an Eevee. "Grandma! You're home!" Ann hugged the girl tightly. She couldn’t have been older than five or six years. "Hey there sweetie, I came with company! This is Noriko, and her friend, Kitty!" Noriko bowed politely, Kitty meowing a greeting. "Hello, my name is Daisy, and this is Vee." Noriko put Kitty down on the floor, the kitten Pokémon immediately starting to converse with Vee. “That’s a cute little Eevee you have there, Daisy! You’re really lucky.”

Ann looked around the house. "Where is Nadine?" "She left a minute ago to get some berries!" Satisfied with her input, Daisy ran outside with Vee. "Stay near the porch!" Ann sure was a good grandma, Noriko thought to herself.

"I'm so sorry she's quite timid and energetic." Noriko waved away the apology. “It’s alright, I like children and Daisy’s simply adorable. I don’t mind at all.” Ann then ushered Noriko and Kitty to the kitchen. Noriko couldn’t help but notice all the trophies in the cupboards: Contest trophies, mostly, and in large numbers. How long exactly had Ann been a successful coordinator? A sweet scent snapped Noriko out of her thoughts. Ann had poured two bowls of soup and set one bowl on the floor for Kitty.

"I just made it today, it's Sitrus Berry soup, not a single sick Pokémon in sight after they drink it!" Kitty started eating away, not leaving a drop in the bowl. Noriko let Elmira the Shinx out of her Pokéball, the wounded feline making a bee-line for the soup as well. The young trainer made a note to herself to ask for the recipe later.

"He's upstairs, we'll go get him in a second after Skitty feels better." Noriko nodded lightly at Ann’s words. Suddenly Kitty’s ears perked up. "Huh, I wonder what got her attention?" With a loud noise, a small Pokémon dashed from upstairs to the door, scratching at it in an alarming manner. "Turtwig, Turt!" Ann and Noriko hurried to the door, opening it to reveal a shocking scene of a man in jeans and a red shirt, carrying a moving bag, walking toward a mean-looking Rapidash. Daisy was trying to punch his legs, but still far too small and weak against a grown man. "Let Vee go!"

The man pushed Daisy aside like she was nothing before getting on his Rapidash and dashing into the distance. Daisy ran to her grandmother in panic. "Those men took Vee!" Ann hugged Daisy. "It's alright baby, all that matter is that you're okay."

Noriko noticed the little Turtwig running after the thief, Rapidash’s hoove marks clearly visible on the ground. “Kitty, Elmira, let’s go! We’ve got a thief to catch!” Noriko ran after Turtwig, her Skitty and Shinx right behind her, eager to rescue their new friend Vee. “Don’t worry Daisy, we’ll get Vee back for you, I promise!”
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #745
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: "Koffing! Tackle that pest once again, afterwards Protect yourself from the Incinerate, and finish off with an ear splitting Screech!" Blazer is the first one to make a move as he Growls loudly, slightly scaring the Koffing an dropping it's defense. The poisonous ball heads towards Torchic and then Tackles him, sending back the chick a few feet. The Koffing quickly puts up a Protective shield, just as Blazer recovers from the Tackle an sends a wall of fire towards Koffing with Incinerate, which fades as soon as it hits the shield around Koffing. Blazer sends another Incinarate fire wall attack, which the Koffing has no protection for as the attack hits it for moderate damage. The Koffing then creates a loud Screeching noice, which lowers Blazers defense. "We cannot lose! Use another Screech to lower his defense further! Hit it with another Tackle and then hit it with a Psybeam!" the man commands his Koffing, with frustration in his voice.

What will you do?
"Ooooh. Seems like this one is a mind reader. That girl of yours chose you as boyfriend. And oh, I'm sorry, but I ignore defense. Blazer, do a Swords Dance, and focus on dancing to ignore the Screech! When the ball is going to Tackle you, give it a blast of Flamethrower! Then a wall of Incinerate to block the Psybeam and attack the Koffing at once!" Utters Nagasaki as he starts laughing like insane, intimidating the enemy like there's no tomorrow. Noticing this, Blazer said, "You really enjoy this battle, I presume. Oh well, time to do my job." Nagasaki heard it, and replied while chuckling on their enemy. "I'm bored. Since Peter is still not here, it doesn't hurt to play with this stupid ball until they both moan in pain." He then releases an evil-like laugh. Blazer threw in another joke to Nagasaki. "Speaking of ball, it should be Glameow who's fighting this one. Glameow's a cat, after all." He then laughed insanely. Nagasaki chuckled more, then told the little Torchic, "Alright, no time for fooling! Let's turn both of them into dust. Shall we?" Blazer agreed. "Remember Kishimoto, Blazer's the name, burning outlaws is my game!" The two then made themselves in offensive stance, doing their strategy against the ball...
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 07-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #746
KratosAurion
Soul Badge
 
KratosAurion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Comet Observatory.
Posts: 1,060
Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
KratosAurion: Hilde sees, and feels, your confidence as the match starts. She releases a stream of water from her mouth towards the Spoink, hitting it right on its face. The Spoink is soaked and thrown back by the Water Gun, but it wastes not a second before springing towards your cute, round, and slightly blubbery, companion, hitting her with a Headbutt which seems to make the Spheal wince as she is hit. Hilde releases another stream of Water Gun towards the Spoink, who barely dodges the second stream, as it then releases it's own form of a psychic Water Gun, as it once again sends waves of psychic energy in the form of rings with a Psywave. Hilde gets struck by the attack and tries to fight it before rolling back a few times as she is overpowered by the waves' intensity. She quickly recovers from the attack as she sends a small blizzard from her mouth towards the psychic piggy, covering it in snow with Powder Snow. Spoink shakes off the snow, and shivers a little before appearing ready once again.

What will you do now?
"OK Hilde, let us maintain the offensive! Declared our Trainer as he saw his Spheal perform every command without fail or hesitation, clearly engaged in the Battle. "OK, listen dear, Growl once more to break his concentration, then hit him with a Water Gun! Let's keep on with the formula, and send in another Powder Snow!" Declared James, completely certain that Brunhilde had the advantage, given his past experience with Battles in the Academy. Yet, as the young Trainer knew very well, no matter how hard he tried, no matter what strategy he put in place, no mater the Type advantage involved, no Batttle was ever certain.
__________________
[竜]

// PASBL // Wild Future //
KratosAurion is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #747
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #19 (07/09/2012)

Rainbow Road
Pest: Deciding to follow the interesting fellow into what appears to be quite a fall, you leap off the edge of the colorful path. With the adrenaline rush passing through your body from the jump that could maybe be the end of the line for you, there now seems to be nothing to do but wait for the inevitable result of the fall. A few seconds pass that seem like an eternity before you finally see nothing but darkness.

"Quickly! Get up!" You still see nothing, but hear those words, opening your eyes slowly, realizing you're on the floor, with Hugo shaking you a little to get your attention. Something seems off as soon as you open your eyes, though you feel drowsy so you can't really seem to grasp what it is at first. That is until you turn to Vesta. The bright colors that once colored everything from the sky to the rainbow colored road below you are gone, yet the look of the rainbow path seems to be almost identical, albeit black and white, Hugo and yourself being black and white as well. Your Charmander seems to be staring down a growling Lillipup, who does not seem at all happy to see any of you, on what you assume to be its territory. "Thank god you woke up! Thought you were gone for a second there! Good news, we made it! Bad news, we are under attack..." Hugo says, before you turn your head a little and see a Bagon, also staring down another Lillipup in the same manner as Vesta. You slowly get up still feeling quite tired, but it seems like the Lillipup's will have none of that as it tries to ram into Vesta with a Tackle, which Vesta barely dodges. Hugo then says, "You and Charmander take care of that Lillipup! Me and Bagon will take care of the other!"

What will you do?


Space Path
pengyzu: Your Magnemite nods at you, and appears quite tired at this point with both health an energy approaching critical levels. Allon starts by creating white orbs around his body with Hidden Power (Water), which are sent in all directions, most of them towards the fiery fox, which as soon as they make contact explode and release water energy, damaging it quite a bit. The Vulpix tries to retaliate but it seems that the dormant paralysis finally unleashes on the fox's body, rendering it unable to make a move. Allon takes advantage of the unfortunate turn for Vulpix and creates another set of energy orbs with Hidden Power (Water), unleashing them on the fire type for even further damage. The Vulpix, finally shows formal signs of being tired, panting quite heavely now, but it manages to gather energy for another Ember, sending small fireballs towards Allon, dipping his health quite a bit. Both Pokémon look like they won't last much longer, which seems like the perfect opportunity for you to try to catch the Vulpix again. You throw the orb and it taps the fox again, absorbing it with a red light. It shakes on the ground for a few seconds before settling down... Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 3 Vulpix!

"You did it!" Jenni says enthusiastically, "I'm glad to see this Vulpix finally find a home, I'm sure you'll be a great trainer for him!" She then seems to remember Allon, who is looking one step away from fainting, "Oh Allon," she says to the your floating metal friend before turning to you again, "I hope you are not planning to leave just yet, we can heal you Pokémon if you wish to stay a bit longer. It'll take an hour or so!"

How will you respond?

KratosAurion: Spoink is the first to make a move as it springs into the air and then dives towards Hilde, hitting her with another Headbutt, lowering Hilde's health and also making her back down a few steps in pain. Shaking off the attack she then Growls loudly, lowering the attack of the Spoink further. Hilde quickly takes advantage of the Spoink being temporarily paralyzed by the Growl and sends another stream of water with Water Gun towards Spoink, who gets hit with another blast of water lowering its health moderately. Spoink retaliates by sending a pulse of psychic energy with Psybeam, making Hilde roll back with the hit, also lowering her health moderately. Hilde gathers herself and then sends another blast of snow towards Spoink with Powder Snow, covering the piggy in a blanket of snow in a familiar fashion. Shaking off the snow once again, the Spoink looks on, still determined to win.

Both Pokémon still look able to fight, and ready to continue. That is until you feel something race right next to you and onto the field. It appears to be a dark colored dog, and it goes straight for the Spoink, who then sinks his teeth into the Spoink's spring with Bite, and taking it behind you just as quickly as it went into the field, while the Spoink squeals in pain. "Thanks for the easy catch bud!" Says a woman in a black tank top and jeans, with a red hat covering Most of her blond hair, "Really appreciate it!" She then winks at you as the Houndour takes the Spoink to a cage right next to the lady and is thrown inside the cage, with the lady quickly locking the cage after that.

How will you respond?


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112: The girl stops crying a little as she nods and says, "Thank you". Ann quickly adds, "Please, be careful Noriko!" before you head out after the thief.

With the Turtwig leading the way, and you and your companions trailing behind him, he seems determined to find the person who took Daisy's friend. With every step you follow, while they still look fresh, you can't help but wonder how far ahead the thief is ahead of you. After an hour of following the trail, there appears to be signs of the day slowly coming to a close, by the slightly darkening of the field while not extreme, definitely noticeable. You then hear someone in the distance, "Hey!" You turn and see someone running towards you and your group. The person get closer and you are finally able to make out, someone in a police outfit, a woman. She gets closer and before long she is a few feet away, panting slightly, "Hey, what are you doing here? It is quite dangerous for people to be walking about these part of the fields. I suggest you turn back before nightfall. There is Pokémon Center back that way." She then points you to the left of the trail you are following.

How will you respond?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.

Nagasaki: Koffing wastes not a second continuing the match, producing a loud, very annoying noice as it Screeches. Blazer begins to dance but is unable to completely tune out the Screech heard throughout the field, lowering his defense a little. After a few seconds, the Sword Dance is complete, raising Blazer's attack by a quite a bit. The Koffing quickly charges towards Blazer, but Blazer puffs up and releases a stream of fire from his mouth with Flamethrower when the Koffing was only a few feet away, not completely stopping the momentum of Koffing's Tackle. The poisonous fire ball then rams into Torchic with the Tackle, both Pokémon being affected by the attacks, Koffing's health taking the biggest hit, while Torchic took moderate damage. Koffing shakes off the excess flames while Torchic gets up from being rammed by the Koffing. Koffing and Torchic then release a pulse of psychic energy with Psybeam, and wall of fire with Incinerate, respectively. Both attacks clash and produce a small explosion on the field, putting out some of the flames that have been slowly encroaching on the field, but also damaging both Pokémon with moderate damage. Both Pokémon have about 1/2 their health left, with Koffing's being lower, and both Pokémon have about 3/5 of energy left. Taking a look behind you, neither Glameow or Peter seem to be there yet...

What will you do now?

Thrain: With the Nuzleaf leaving the place where its friend was caught, you decide to follow its path, in hopes of also finding a Pokémon Center on the way. You continue walking the forest, with the sun's ray still filtering through the leaves, bright as ever. The chirping and chattering of the Pokémon who live in the forest still being heard every once in a while. It seems to be quite peaceful, just like it was before encountering Bellsprout, that is until you feel something following you. You look around and see nothing. With nothing appearing to be out of the ordinary you decide to continue. A minute after continuing, you have that same feeling of eyes being on you again, and as you look around this time you see a few leaves rustle above you and fall down. Looks like you have a personal stalker and it appears to be in the trees above you...

What will you do?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.

Last edited by Itzatrap; 07-09-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #748
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields
kaisap112: The girl stops crying a little as she nods and says, "Thank you". Ann quickly adds, "Please, be careful Noriko!" before you head out after the thief.

With the Turtwig leading the way, and you and your companions trailing behind him, he seems determined to find the person who took Daisy's friend. With every step you follow, while they still look fresh, you can't help but wonder how far ahead the thief is ahead of you. After an hour of following the trail, there appears to be signs of the day slowly coming to a close, by the slightly darkening of the field while not extreme, definitely noticeable. You then hear someone in the distance, "Hey!" You turn and see someone running towards you and your group. The person get closer and you are finally able to make out, someone in a police outfit, a woman. She gets closer and before long she is a few feet away, panting slightly, "Hey, what are you doing here? It is quite dangerous for people to be walking about these part of the fields. I suggest you turn back before nightfall. There is Pokémon Center back that way." She then points you to the left of the trail you are following.

How will you respond?
With Daisy's thanks and Ann's warning to be careful in her ears, Noriko ran after Turtwig. The little Grass Pokémon seemed determined to get his friend back, which didn't surprise Noriko at all. They must've been close. As Noriko, Kitty, Elmira and Turtwig followed the trail of marks left behind by the thief, the sun started to set. After an hour of trailing, Noriko started to wonder exactly how far the kidnapped had gone already: would they be able to catch him at all? A flash of Daisy's teary face went through Noriko's head. No, they had to catch him. For Daisy and Vee's sake.

A voice called for them from a distance. "Hey!" Noriko stopped and turned around to see a female police officer running their way. Soon enough the person, who looked a whole lot like all those Jennies Noriko had seen, stopped in front of her, panting. "Hey, what are you doing here? It is quite dangerous for people to be walking about these part of the fields. I suggest you turn back before nightfall. There is a Pokémon Center back that way."

Noriko didn't feel like hiding what was going on, and perhaps Jenny could even help her? "Officer, I'm sorry but my friend's Eevee was kidnapped about an hour ago by a really shady man and we're following the marks left by his Rapidash. I promised my friend to get her Eevee back, I can't go to the Pokémon Center now! That guy's getting away!" Kitty and Elmira both started meowing at the humans, eager to get going before something bad happened to Vee.
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 07-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #749
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: Your Magnemite nods at you, and appears quite tired at this point with both health an energy approaching critical levels. Allon starts by creating white orbs around his body with Hidden Power (Water), which are sent in all directions, most of them towards the fiery fox, which as soon as they make contact explode and release water energy, damaging it quite a bit. The Vulpix tries to retaliate but it seems that the dormant paralysis finally unleashes on the fox's body, rendering it unable to make a move. Allon takes advantage of the unfortunate turn for Vulpix and creates another set of energy orbs with Hidden Power (Water), unleashing them on the fire type for even further damage. The Vulpix, finally shows formal signs of being tired, panting quite heavely now, but it manages to gather energy for another Ember, sending small fireballs towards Allon, dipping his health quite a bit. Both Pokémon look like they won't last much longer, which seems like the perfect opportunity for you to try to catch the Vulpix again. You throw the orb and it taps the fox again, absorbing it with a red light. It shakes on the ground for a few seconds before settling down... Ping! Congratulations, you have caught a male level 3 Vulpix!

"You did it!" Jenni says enthusiastically, "I'm glad to see this Vulpix finally find a home, I'm sure you'll be a great trainer for him!" She then seems to remember Allon, who is looking one step away from fainting, "Oh Allon," she says to the your floating metal friend before turning to you again, "I hope you are not planning to leave just yet, we can heal you Pokémon if you wish to stay a bit longer. It'll take an hour or so!"

How will you respond?
ooc: Though I should be totally ecstatic right now. I'm afraid I'm not right now. Still.... thank you so much Itza for being awesome.

Rey's heart was racing as his Magnemite starts the round. He's starting to lower in levitation height, showing his tiredness, but despite that, he still creates some orbs of energy around him. These spiral clockwise before being shot at different directions, mostly hitting the fox, making it squeal in pain. It attempts to retaliate but the dormant static electricity acts up, locking it up in a position it doesn't want to be in. Another round of orbs come its way, making its mark, no sweat. Now starting to pant heavily, Vulpix makes use of his temporary release and blows a few embers at Allon. Allon is on the verge of being knocked out but Vulpix isn't looking so good either.

"Okay! Good job Allon! It's my turn now! Vulpix, prepare to meet your new friend!" he shouted with confidence. He throws another Pokeball at the Vulpix, absorbing it with red lightning as it touches. Jenni and Rey are sitting on the edge of their sit as Allon keeps a watchful eye. After a few moments, the struggling stops and a ping is heard. Everyone lights up with enthusiasm and happiness, even the tired and injured Allon is cheering. Rey stops the jumping for a few moments and walks over to the ball. He grabs it and stares at it with content eyes.

"You put up a fight 'lil guy. I'm honored to be your new trainer. I'll see you soon, friend." He turns back to Jenni who seems to be cheering him on. He doesn't forget about his partner, who helped him immensely on this capture. "Allon, you have proven yourself to be an amazing friend and companion in this battle. I'm proud to be your trainer, I can tell you'll grow even stronger, and I hope you help me do the same in this coming adventure."

Level 3 Male Vulpix has been caught!

"You did it!" Jenni says enthusiastically, "I'm glad to see this Vulpix finally find a home, I'm sure you'll be a great trainer for him!" She then seems to remember Allon, who is looking one step away from fainting, "Oh Allon," she says to the your floating metal friend before turning to you again, "I hope you are not planning to leave just yet, we can heal you Pokémon if you wish to stay a bit longer. It'll take an hour or so!"

"Oh yeah! I'll stay for a while longer, maybe get to know you and your family more, perhaps play with some Pokemon while doing so. Can my new Vulpix be able to rest as well? I'm sure he'd love to take part in this adventure as well." he pauses as if trying to remember a few words to say, "Oh! And! Thank you so much Jenni for making this happen! You and your family's awesome hands-down!"
pengyzu is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #750
Pest
Volcano Badge
 
Pest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: ???
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rainbow Road
Pest: Deciding to follow the interesting fellow into what appears to be quite a fall, you leap off the edge of the colorful path. With the adrenaline rush passing through your body from the jump that could maybe be the end of the line for you, there now seems to be nothing to do but wait for the inevitable result of the fall. A few seconds pass that seem like an eternity before you finally see nothing but darkness.

"Quickly! Get up!" You still see nothing, but hear those words, opening your eyes slowly, realizing you're on the floor, with Hugo shaking you a little to get your attention. Something seems off as soon as you open your eyes, though you feel drowsy so you can't really seem to grasp what it is at first. That is until you turn to Vesta. The bright colors that once colored everything from the sky to the rainbow colored road below you are gone, yet the look of the rainbow path seems to be almost identical, albeit black and white, Hugo and yourself being black and white as well. Your Charmander seems to be staring down a growling Lillipup, who does not seem at all happy to see any of you, on what you assume to be its territory. "Thank god you woke up! Thought you were gone for a second there! Good news, we made it! Bad news, we are under attack..." Hugo says, before you turn your head a little and see a Bagon, also staring down another Lillipup in the same manner as Vesta. You slowly get up still feeling quite tired, but it seems like the Lillipup's will have none of that as it tries to ram into Vesta with a Tackle, which Vesta barely dodges. Hugo then says, "You and Charmander take care of that Lillipup! Me and Bagon will take care of the other!"

What will you do?
Profile

The wind shrieked as Pest fell, and the colors of Rainbow Road soon shrank into a long thin strip behind her. Not that she could see this, obviously, as gravity's acceleration was currently a more pressing matter.

Nothing's happening, thought the small corner of her brain that wasn't frozen in panic. He lied to us, and now we're going to die for it. She was dimly aware of Vesta's claws digging into her skin as the air whipped at them viciously; but a swarm of dots soon crawled out from the edges of her vision before she could actually scream, and blackness quickly swallowed her up.

After that she knew nothing, until she was shaken back to consciousness by an unfamiliar hand. "Quickly! Get up!"

Hugo? With some effort she pulled her eyelids open, though she didn't feel quite alert enough to feel much more than a bit of mild surprise and curiosity. Huh. We're alive.

Even disoriented, she thought there was something odd going on. She gradually realized that the colors had vanished from the world, transforming everything into a less vibrant landscape. Even Rainbow Road had morphed into a grayscale stripe. And yet ... and yet it looked so similar to how it had been before. The prospect of other dimensions crossed her mind, and in her slightly-out-of-it state she casually accepted the possibility.

A growl drew her gaze over to a nearby Lillipup, growling and tensed for action. Vesta stood facing it, eyes narrowed and tail-flame flickering intently.

"Thank god you woke up!" Hugo exclaimed in relief. "Thought you were gone for a second there! Good news, we made it! Bad news, we are under attack..." Closer to him was a Bagon staring at another Lillipup. Ordinarily Pest would have been thrilled to see such a rare Pokemon, but at the moment it was lost in the vagueness made up of her current thoughts.

Uncaring of her mental state, "her" Lillipup was quick to leap at Vesta; the Charmander managed to skip out of the Tackle's path, but only just. Swishing her tail in slight irritation, Vesta kept her eyes locked on her furry foe.

"You and Charmander take care of that Lillipup!" Hugo called out. "Me and Bagon will take care of the other!"

Pest took a deep breath, rubbing her temples in an attempt to concentrate. "Okay," she muttered. "First battle. I've got to win this. Okay." She looked over at Vesta again, and the two manage to exchange glances briefly. The determined look in Vesta's eyes somehow granted the trainer a bit of mental clarity, even if she couldn't yet work herself up to excitement. "Hit it with an Ember! Then jump it with a vicious Scratch, and then use another Ember to the face while it's reeling." She watched the scene carefully, hoping Vesta might take an early lead in the fight. Without taking her eyes off the two Pokemon, she smacked herself. She really needed to get her head in the game.
Pest is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.