UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #676
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: Jenni sees you recall Kara, which is then followed by the appearance of Allon. "Damn, I don't think we can continue this match, only have Jigglypuff with me right now." She says, rather sad that the match can no longer continue. "It was a great match though, you and your Ralts are really good. "She slowly walks over to her Jigglypuff and bends down as she takes out a Super Potion which she uses. "You did great Jiggly! Take a nice long rest." The Jigglypuff smiles before being absorbed by the Pokéball. "I'm currently starting out my journey as a Pokémon trainer," she then looks up into sky, displaying a show of small lights, "I've been waiting to explore all sorts of places and now I finally get a chance to...." her expression changes as she continuous, "I'm sorry, I'm going off on a tangent. May I ask what you are doing here in the Space Path? I grew up around here so I pretty much know the place by heart if you need to get somewhere, I can certainly guide you in the right direction. Or if you want, I can show you around, my family runs a Pokémon shelter nearby that I think you would love to see."

How will you respond?
A red light comes out of the ball and hits the sleeping Ralts. He grabs a new one with strange blue markings. He tosses it up into the air and out comes a special Magnemite. The girl takes note of this before opening her mouth ass if to say something.

"Damn, I don't think we can continue this match, only have Jigglypuff with me right now." She says, rather sad that the match can no longer continue. "It was a great match though, you and your Ralts are really good. "She slowly walks over to her Jigglypuff and bends down as she takes out a Super Potion which she uses. "You did great Jiggly! Take a nice long rest."

Rey eyes the girl suspiciously as she smiles at him. His heart rate seems to have stabilized from the exciting match.

"Your Jigglypuff was great too! Sure got me sweating throughout. Put up a fight, that's for sure. Her moves are amazing as well! You've got yourself a best friend for life and I'm happy to see other kids like me who are enthusiastic when it comes to Pokemon."

The Jigglypuff smiles before being absorbed by the Pokéball. "I'm currently starting out my journey as a Pokémon trainer," she then looks up into sky, displaying a show of small lights, "I've been waiting to explore all sorts of places and now I finally get a chance to...." her expression changes as she continuous, "I'm sorry, I'm going off on a tangent. May I ask what you are doing here in the Space Path? I grew up around here so I pretty much know the place by heart if you need to get somewhere, I can certainly guide you in the right direction. Or if you want, I can show you around, my family runs a Pokémon shelter nearby that I think you would love to see."

Rey's suspicious expression turns into a carefree one before answering the girl. "Oh! I went here to investigate the mysterious disappearances for some adventure and hopefully find cool Pokemon along the way." He thinks to himself if he has any specific location in mind but just shrugs after a few moments. "I'd be up for a tour since you offered! A Pokemon shelter is sure to have a lot of cute and cool Pokemon! Just a question though..." Rey expression turns grim before continuing, "do you have any idea to what happened to those who disappeared around here? You don't have to answer that now though! I'd love to meet your family and see the shelter before we stray off in investigation." He becomes animated with emotions as he rubs his head in embarrassment.
__________________

Last edited by pengyzu; 06-19-2012 at 10:38 PM.
pengyzu is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #677
Shuckle
Mage of Mind
 
Shuckle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Thought and Melody
Posts: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Rose Arch
Shuckle: "Elize! Use Mean Look to show that bug whose boss! Afterwards, use a Growl and follow it up with a Confusion!" The Ralts nods at her trainer before staring down Fizz, locking him into the battle with a Mean Look. Taking an opportunity at a clear shot, Fizz sends a wave of bug energy with Struggle Bug, hitting the Ralts for some damage. The Ralts shakes off the attack and Growls loudly, slightly unnerving the turtle-like Pokémon and lowering his attack. Another pulse of energy is released by Shuckle as another round of Struggle Bug is used, hitting the Ralts again for more damage. The Ralts concentrates for a second before emitting psychic waves with Confusion, which hit Shuckle for light damage. The Shuckle looks on as it releases another Struggle Bug, which the Ralts seems to be prepared for as she dodges the attack. "Great job Elize! Use another Growl to lower that Shuckle's attack further! Then hit it with another Confusion and Taunt it afterwards!"

What will you do?
Turtle frowns, furrowing his brow in concentration. That last couple of attacks seemed a little bit too heavy for his liking, and Ralts seemed to be keeping up with and even anticipating Fizz's moves. So he'd vary it up a little, and maybe cheat just a smidge. Heeheehee.

"Let's twist things up a bit. Rock Blast while rushing (figuratively speaking) that Ralts, then Constrict it and launch an Acid to its face. We don't necessarily need to defeat it, just make it difficult enough that they'll back off, okay?"

Shuckle is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #678
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Welcome to my group KratosAurion & kaisap112! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Stardust Fields

kaisap112: With the beautiful scenery taking up your attention, and Skitty's as well, you decide to follow the moon to wherever it may take you. You continue to observe the magnificent performance being given by the sky, and see only peacefulness as the stars shine brightly, with shooting stars passing by periodically. Nothing out of the ordinary except for a few trainers, entranced by the display above like yourself, laying on the field with their Pokémon, gazing into the sky. You continue on your way until you see something odd, a blue and black cat with a star-like tail, skipping about the fields. You see it get closer to you and it finally notices you as well, and runs towards you, in a playful manner before stopping in front of you shaking it's tail madly and jumping. Looks like this little Shinx want to play...

How will you respond?
The night continued to stay quiet, only the starts shining in the sky. A shooting star here, a shooting star there…if any place could make wishes come true, it would have to be this one. Noriko and Skitty walked past other Trainers, who were in the middle of the same activity as they were: staring at the sky in silence. Their Pokémon were following their Trainers.

A fair amount of distance away from the other people, Skitty made a quiet noise, her tail swinging eagerly. Noriko stopped and looked in front of her. On the field was a lone Pokémon, blue and black and definitely feline. No wonder Skitty had taken notice! The cute little star at the end of the Pokémon’s tail looked like a miniature shooting star, swinging back and forth, creating a shiny spark every now and then. Suddenly, the Pokémon Noriko recognized as a Shinx, noticed the duo. Skitty tried to squirm her way out of Noriko’s hold. Shinx didn’t hesitate for a moment before running, or how Noriko saw it, gliding over to them. Skitty struggled hard, managing to finally break away from her Trainer, swinging her tail in time with the Shinx.

Noriko watched quietly as Skitty and Shinx leaped at each other – ending up rolling down a small bit of land. Once they got themselves on all four paws the two started chasing each other, running and leaping and jumping around, like little kids on a play date. “Well those two seem to have hit it off,” Noriko smiled to herself, slowly walking behind the two felines. She was glad Skitty was making friends.

The two Pokémon ran off to a pile of what looked like stones. A couple of berry trees were reaching for the stars right nearby. Skitty had flopped on her back on the ground, happily rolling under one of the trees. Shinx decided to follow the leader, as it were, flopping on its back as well, rolling right after Skitty. “Hey you two, be careful!” Noriko sat down, feeling slightly exhausted from merely watching the Pokémon.

Suddenly, what seemed like a very large shooting star flew across the sky. However, it didn’t disappear like all the others. Noriko stared in bewilderment as the star kept flying and flying…and then very clearly caught on fire. Even Skitty and Shinx took notice, having stopped playing around on the field.
Noriko’s eyes grew wide as the object actually approached her. The ball of fire made a light whistling noise as it flew at the berry tree, right over the berry tree – and at that point Noriko’s brain registered the threat and urged Noriko to get out of the way, fast. The shooting star, in the meanwhile, got in contact with ground some feet away. A shockwave pushed Noriko on the ground while the impact itself created a small crater. Skitty ran at Noriko, Shinx right behind her.

Touched at her partner’s concern, Noriko opened her mouth to let the Pokémon know she was alright – only to notice Skitty and Shinx leaping and running all over her, excited to see the interesting crater. “Yes, I’m completely fine guys, thanks for asking,” Noriko muttered to herself, getting up and dusting herself off. She turned around toward the crater. The little ones were standing quietly at the edge of the crater, eyes glued to something. Even Shinx had stopped sparking in an excited manner. The silence worried Noriko and she decided to see for herself what was so mesmerizing.
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #679
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: (Just a small note, you can't make time pass as it is considered self updating, not a problem right now so don't worry about it, just be careful in the future) You decide to set up camp for the night, with your new team mate meeting her companions for the first time and eventually, both Pokémon who fought earlier could no longer resist a nice long rest. Everything seems to be peaceful, with the sounds of Hoothoot's cooing every few minutes, and pretty much nothing else, as the overall calmness of the forest seems to be in full effect, as if to be frozen. That is until you hear something that sounds like galloping.

You look around to see the source of the sound only to be met by the stillness of the forest. A few seconds pass and the sound seems to be getting closer, which eventually gives away the direction of where the sound is being emitted from, showing a sillouhette of something that appears to be a small horse. Your Pokémon seem to be slightly alerted by the approaching figure until you see a orangish red pup, with a cream coat on the top of its head and underneath its belly. The Growlithe seems somewhat desperate as it whines for your attention and seems to be asking for you to follow it as it impatiently paces in one place while moving it's head towards the direction it came from...

What will you do?
((Sorry about that, you're right, won't happen again!))

The quietness of the surroundings had a curious effect. At first, while adrenaline was still running high from the battle, Levin couldn't stand still. It was as if, the more silent it got, the more sounds he started hearing. It seemed as if sleep would never come, but a while later, long after all of his Pokémon had fallen asleep themselves, the calmness of the forest began weighing on his eyelids, as if pulling them down, closing them shut. As he was about to surrender and rest, a much clearer, much more real noise was heard.

Startled, both Levin and all of his Pokémon stood straight up, with the exception of Wicca, who was too tired to care and dozed off again. The sound of galloping became progressively louder, and it was only after Gaius, Crix and Min had adopted their respective battle stances that Levin saw there was no reason for alarm - yet.

Before them stood a Growlithe, clearly looking for help rather than trouble. Seemingly relieved to have found somebody, the large pup began barking incessantly, motioning for Levin to follow it back in the direction it had come from. Whatever it was, it was urgent.

He couldn't just ignore the dog, even if nothing really stopped him from doing so - he was still tired, in dire need of sleep and so were his Pokémon. But he knew what it felt like to need help and be offered indifference, everybody did. Growlithe looked so helpless, it'd be downright cruel to just walk away...

The boy recalled all of his Pokémon - he'd save them the run. Lightly patting the Growlithe on the head, he told the dog in a confident tone:

- Okay boy, I'll help you out. Lead the way, but don't forget it's dark around here! Stay close or I'll lose you!
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #680
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
CLOUD GARDEN
Cloud Forest: A huge forest that surrounds the Rainbow Road, it's surprisingly always bright no matter what time of day it is. The forest acts as a home to most (if not all) Grass and Bug type Pokemon and also several other forest dwelling types. Just try not to get lost.
OOC: If any of you updators have a slot open, would you mind taking me on?


The entrance to the Cloud Forest was framed by two giant, prehistoric trees, and Blaze and Eric could not help but gaze in wonderment at their humongous bulk as they walked underneath the forest's outermost branches. Pokémon could be heard chittering away among the underbrush along with the sounds of running water, possibly coming from a stream within the forest's depths. Rays of sunlight filtered through leaves and around branches, casting the inhabitants of the trees into a bright glow.

Taking a few more steps into the shelter of the trees' arms, Eric breathed in the moist aroma of fresh, stirred up dirt that lingered along the floor of the forest. "Isn't this great, Blaze?" Eric asked his traveling companion. "Can't you just smell the adventure in the air? I bet there are a lot of Pokémon here for us to befriend."

Blaze nodded and barked his agreement, advancing farther down the wooded path. As they walked, Eric couldn't shake the feeling that something was following them, or, at the very least, watching from afar. After about 15 minutes of traveling, the pair stumbled upon a fork in the trail: one path branching sharply to the left; the other veering off to the right. "Hmm... I've heard that this forest is quite notorious for puzzling those who travel into it. We need to find some way to mark our trail, just in case we get lost and have to backtrack."

Finding a stick a short distance away, Eric knelt and sliced an 'X' right in front of the left passage, gouging it deep into the earth. Throwing the branch aside, Eric and Blaze turned left, venturing deeper into the depths of the forest...


Last edited by Thrain; 06-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Thrain is offline  
Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #681
takkupanda
Charismagnetism
 
takkupanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Posts: 990
Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Cloud Forest

takkupanda – Yarnia squeezes the vines tighter around the bear’s torso to ensure its behavior (though cooperation is another matter), careful not to cut off its circulation. Meanwhile, against better judgment, you and Broly gingerly approach the beast. You suddenly stop short, and Broly looks back at you with a whine, eyes clearly pleading. You urge the brave pup forward, reasoning that his affinity to earth means he possesses a distant kinship to the bear family, which should allow deeper chance of connection, right? Broly responds with an expression that clearly indicates he thinks that idea is crazy, but he grudgingly consents. Cautiously, he tiptoes up to the Ursaring and offers a friendly bark, its wavering pitch belying his foreboding.

The Ursaring, however, ignores Broly’s presence altogether and continues to try and get at its bindings to gnaw them. Broly glances back, and you shrug but shoo him on stage anyway. Yarnia offers an encouraging good-luck-glad-it’s-not-me wave, and Broly wilts under his peers’ so-called support, beginning to regret his own suggestion to chase after a giant bear in the first place. It’s a whole other story when he’s the one who has to deal with the consequences of bravery face to face. Or in his case, snout to snout.

Still entirely unconvinced of your plan, the Growlithe tries again, louder this time. The Ursaring responds with a low growl, sending Broly scampering back behind your legs, tail between his. The giant mass of brown starts to shift, and Yarnia braces against the movement, preparing to dose it with some sedatives. However, it simply rolls over, and eventually manages to sit up against a tree, still trying to get into a better position to eat at the ropes. All three of you breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Glancing around, you spot Broly cowering under a brush, his beige bushy tail a dead giveaway. With some difficulty, you fetch the frightened firedog out from under there and give him another great shove towards the beast. Feeling the weight of your unyielding gaze, Broly reluctantly ventures forward once more. He reasserts himself to the giant, who this time replies with a noncommittal grunt. Pleased at this progress, Broly presses for more. Gradually, the Ursaring seems to divulge itself, punctuating the long strings of barks with a series of short, gruff bursts. Eventually a mournful look crosses its face and it lets loose a despondent wail, its gravity enough to reduce a few leaves from the surrounding trees.

Broly nods in understanding, and turns to interpret the situation for you. Contrary to your initial impression, this Ursaring is a female, and a mother at that. It seems she has lost her cub, and was using her SWEET SCENT to try and signal the Teddiursa to come back to its Mama, hoping it would help the dear little darling to find its way. She’s sorry for causing so much damage to the forest that is their home, but she’s desperate and worried and won’t rest until she finds her baby. As large tears roll down her cheeks, Broly puts a paw reassuringly on her lap. In contrast to the terrier’s terror before, his gestures are now full of only sympathy. Even Yarnia relaxes her grip a bit, extending another vine to tenderly wipe the creature’s eye. Your two Pokémon turn to you expectantly, and you can feel all pressure put purely on you now.

Will you help with a poor parent’s plight?
After Marcelo's suggestion that Broly would be able to communicate better with the Ursaring, the brave Broly, having never been in a situation quite like this, seemed noticeably taken aback. After several desperate yet futile attempts to try and convince Marcelo to change his mind, he tried communicating with the bear. Initially the bear looked uncooperative and its gestures creeped Broly out. But then once Broly raised voice and the Ursaring decided to give in and tell the truth. They spoke with barks and grunts, Marcelo understanding none of it. He realized that the Ursaring was a lot less aggressive now and looked worried. The conversation ended with the Ursaring letting out a desperate wail and Broly came toward Marcelo in order to interpret whatever Ursaring said.

Being unable to do so verbally, Broly rubbed his nose on the pocket in which Marcelo had kept his Pokedex. Realizing what he was hinting, Marcelo took out the Pokedex and opened it. Broly then used the tips of his paws to operate the Pokedex:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokemon. Before food becomes scarce in wintertime, its habit is to hoard food in many hidden locations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Ursaring, the Hibernate Pokémon. The Ursaring has such a keen sense of smell that it can even find food that has been buried. Ursaring is the evolved form of Teddiursa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
Ursaring learns Sweet Scent. It can release a pleasant aroma that attracts other Pokemon.
Marcelo understood exactly what Broly meant to say. It was Ursaring who had been using Sweet Scent to find a missing Teddiursa! And judging from the worried expression and the now teary eyes of the Ursaring, she must be the Teddiursa's mother!

A sudden sense of pity filled Marcelo's mind. Even Broly and Yarnia started showing compassion towards the helpless mother. Yarnia pulled her vines back and wiped Ursaring's tears with one of her vines. Marcelo guessed that maybe the quick-temperedness of the Ursaring was why she couldn't stay patient enough to look for her offspring properly and was enraged. Maybe if he and his Pokemon could help, the Ursaring might be able to find her lost baby.

"All right!" he pulled out another Pokeball from his belt and let out Nova, the Starmie. "Let us help this poor Ursaring out by searching for the Teddiursa together! Nova, see if you can use your Psychic powers to sense the presence of a Teddiursa nearby. Yarnia you did well so far, now you can have some rest." He pulled out another Pokeball and called Yarnia back into it. "Broly, try to use your smell and hearing to check if Teddiursa is anywhere around. And I will use my eyesight." His eyes glinted in the sunlight. "Let's go Ursaring, we will all help you find your Teddiursa back!" said Marcelo encouragingly.
__________________
PASBL
TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles


Cable Club Trading List
takkupanda is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #682
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Rainbow Road

ShadowshockerUnfortunately, since it's impossible to tell if a specific party issued a KO and none of your Pokémon battled for long enough, I can't award any of them a Level Up. =/ Sorry.

Impatience and desperation compels you to pull out all the stops. You command Durin to ground the entire flock by manipulating the earth’s gravitational field. Planting himself in the ground, the iron seed expends all his Psychic energy to drop the birds to his level. They squawk in surprise as their wings all of a sudden feel leaden, almost magnetized. They plummet altogether, the leader the last to resist the pull of the terrain. As they try to recover from the declining disorientation, you scan hopefully for any sign of Doldrum. He too should’ve been affected by the gravitation, yet there are too many flailing feathers about to get a good view.

Novawing takes the opportunity to channel Rock energy into his limbs, forming a sphere which he sends crashing onto the leader, who cries out in pain as if his wings were not only pinned, but further crushed beneath a boulder. For a moment, it appears to finally FAINT under the pressure. However, when Novawing draws close to check, it opens its eyes and slams into the Charmeleon in a last-ditch ATTACK. Roaring in indignation at falling for the same trick as his comrades, Novawing glows with a dragon’s rage and rushes into his opponent, sending it flying. Yet from this vantage point, the leader seems to spot something. Fortunately or unfortunately, Arugulus, standing atop his perch like a sailor in a crow’s nest, calls your attention to it at the very same time, and your heart sinks when you realize what it is.

A tiny tuft of cloud surfaces and floats above the sea of black for but a moment before it is gone again. In that brief instance however, the leader cries to its cronies in that area, who pick up the signal and dive in to try and salvage the drift. You attempt to extort your way to the center, but the bulging black mass of beaks and claws are too much. Like a witch’s thorny maze. You call to Durin to try and block the flock’s escape, but the leader hears your intent. It ducks and crawls along the ground to the Ferroseed, who is practically being bounced about like a beach ball in all the confusion. With the last of its energy, it latches on to Durin and attempts to QUASH any effort to detain its flock. In addition, it releases a HAZE to disable your eyes as well as disorient. For a split second, you catch a flash of purple, caught between two talons, before the violet completely fills your vision…

The next few precious minutes are filled with pandemonium and panic as you try to feel your way through the greasy feathers, but they slip through your fingers like oil, until finally none remains. When the mist starts to clear, you’re left standing in an empty field littered with black down but no birds they belong to. More than that, no Doldrum. Your head and shoulders slowly drop in defeat.

As you stare dejectedly at the ground, you realize your previous assessment at having lost sight of everything wasn’t quite true. Buried under a blanket of feathers is the body of the leader, who appears to have lost consciousness. It must have been too weak from trying to ensure its brethren’s safe passage to follow them. Perhaps it had even been accidentally trampled by some of them during all the chaos. You almost feel a slight sense of sympathy for its brave sacrifice, but swiftly suppress it.

Just then you become aware of a rustling, followed by an angry squawk, and turn to find the leader was apparently not the only one left behind. Arugulus is still sitting squarely on his captive, having proudly managed to keep it prisoner all throughout the mayhem. He beams smugly, crossing his legs as if to impress that it was no big deal restraining this feral hoodlum (hastily uncrossing and firmly planting them when the beast threatens to buck him off).

What will your next strategy be, now that you have two birds in the hand but no balloon?
OOC: It's fine, lilblue; it's a fair response. Do what you need to as the updator. o:

Shadow's heart fell as the reality of the worst case scenario sank in. How could he let another of his operatives be absconded, on his watch? What made matters worse was that this time, there were almost no leads to follow. No witnesses, no logos, no hints; the Murkrow flock had descended like a tornado and left just like one, with no explanation or answers. Nearby, Novawing growled to express his own disapproval.

Turning around, Shadow was surprised to see that contrary to expectations, not all the Murkrow had safely made it out. The apparent leader was out for the count in its bid to stop Durin from advancing; the Ferroseed in question was impishly nudging the fainted feathered felon, as though testing its lack of consciousness. Shadow frowned briefly at this before glancing at Arugulus, who was keeping his quarry under control; albeit somewhat struggling to do so.

So now the team had the Murkrow's leader under ransom, as it were. But what of it? If the top Murkrow was willing to give itself up so the rest of the flock could escape with one Balloon Pokemon, it seemed highly likely that the leader would simply be replaced by the much larger flock; Dark-types were known for scheming tactics and less savoury ethics. Still, it was the only lead the team had - Shadow had to assume that without further orders, the Murkrow flock would not know how to proceed. But they had to hurry before any further harm came to Doldrum. Rustling into his inventory, Shadow retrieved the second and third of the score of PokeBalls he'd purchased long ago, while Novawing sauntered to the conscious bird, baring his claws and teeth in threatening stance.

"Now, listen." Shadow glared sternly at the awake Murkrow, who shot the scientist an equally murderous (if not more) stare in response. "You're going to tell us exactly where your associates took Doldrum. We have your leader, right here; if you cooperate, we can all negotiate an exchange. If you refuse - " At this, Shadow brandished the twin capture orbs in his hands, "I'll catch you both. And then we'll make you take us there instead. The easy way, or the hard way. Understand?"
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #683
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #10 (06/20/2012)

Welcome to my group Thrain!

Space Path
pengyzu: Jenni looks slightly amused and excited at the same time as you finish your question, "I'm kind of glad you asked that, that is something I plan to find out eventually myself. I have heard of millions of stories of trainers who have stopped by, who wanted to search for that answer themselves, but personally, I think it's aliens." she then winks as she says the last part. "Anyway, let get going!" as she finishes that thought, she grabs your hand and you both head off.

A few minutes pass before she finally slows down and starts to talk once again, "My great grandparents were the ones who initially opened the Pokémon shelter, or so I was told. My great grandpa wanted to make up for abandoning his first Pokémon, a Caterpie, right after a battle he lost when he was very young. They wanted to give a temporary home to Pokémon who needed help, especially wild Pokemon, they would never turn their backs on travelers though. We have many kinds of Pokémon there, from all walks of life, as you'll soon see." She then stops for a second before continuing, "We're here!" she announces gladly. You then see the full scale of the place, which looks a lot like a ranch with its own habitat enclosed in the back, including trees, bushes and a pool, all laying on top of the golden path, with a big beautiful wooden house with a stable right next to it. "Well what kind of Pokémon would you be most interested in meeting? We don't break Pokémon up into groups but they tend to gravitate to their type while they stay here, we have Normal type, Psychic type, Electric types and the random Pokémon group that don't really like to mingle with any of the other types. Well which one would you like to meet the most-" she then looks as she's realized something before finishing her question. "I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves, my name is Jenni." She then extends her hand for a handshake.

How will you respond?

KratosAurion: Look back here.


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Fizz nods as the battle commences once again. Rock energy seems to fill the rock turtle, as five rocks start to circle around him, and are launched one by one at the Ralts with Rock Blast, hitting her and sending her back slightly with each hit for good damage. The Ralts shakes off the dirt from her body before producing another Growl, lowering the attack of the Shuckle a little, who then launches himself towards Elize, latching onto her with a Constrict, wrapping his tentacles around the Ralts with all his power. The Ralts tries to struggle Fizz's grasp but fails to release herself, until she fills herself with psychic energy as she sends another Confusion wave. The attack manages to make Shuckle's grasp slightly looser, but he quickly sends an Acidic spit right to the Ralts body, making the Ralts' struggle triple, as the attack hits the Ralts' flesh. She *manages to get out of the Contrict and walks back a few steps in pain before Taunting Fizz, slightly angering the turtle to attack. The Nidoran tugs your pants a little as it hides behind you with its tiny paws, a little lighter with its hurt paw, grabbing your jeans...

It looks like the trainer and Elize are not ready to back down yet.

What will you do?


Stardust Fields
Tuner89:
Look back here.

kaisap112: (Just a note, though don't worry about it this time, you self-updated yourself a little by controlling the Shinx and making that shooting star crash near you. Like I said though, don't worry about it, just for future reference)
Your Skitty and Shinx quickly warm up to each other as they roll around in the tall grass of the Stardust Fields, playfully raising their paws against each other and chasing each other, as the shooting stars that were once the main attraction of your friend are soon forgotten by her new acquaintance. The Shinx eventually slows down and yawns, looking a little bored of their current game before it stretches and suddenly looks like it had an idea as it looks at Skitty. The electrical feline starts to rush towards Skitty, almost ramming into her with a Tackle, which Skitty barely dodges at the last moment. The Shinx turns back towards her new pink and white friend with intensity in it's eyes, as if to battle. Looks like this little critter wants to play a rougher game.

What will you do?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: The Growlithe looks at you, rather excited, and jumps on you with it it's front paws trying to lick you, before getting down on its four legs and darting off into the forest, with you following behind. The pup makes sure that you are following it by looking behind every few seconds and waiting for you to catch up before continuing. The fiery pup starts to bark loudly, after what seemed the longest distance you've ever run in that short amount of time, and you start to hear something moaning, as the pup comes to a full stop when it reaches what appears to be a hole in the ground. "Ruby, is that you?" a rather weak voice says as the Growlithe starts to whine and bark once again before looking down the hole and looking back at you. You inch closer towards the hole and see that about 10-15 feet down, there is someone there. "Please help me! They are going to get away!" the person says, a little louder than before...

What will you do?

Nagasaki: "Woah, woah, woah!" the ranger says, slightly smiling, "One question at the time, really like your attitude though. To start answering your questions, my name is Peter." he then gets slightly more series with the next part, "Unfortunately we have found no evidence in the forest fires except for scared and injured Pokémon, as all fires were in remote locations scattered about this section of the Cloud Forest," Peter quickly circles the whole map, "None in other areas of the Cloud Forest, for now at least. As for the culprits, we have found no evidence of it being one person or multiple people. All we know for sure is that it was a deliberate fire cause by a fire Pokémon or something that can cause fires to expand quickly, as the spread of the damage caused is too big for it to be a regular fire. For all we know it might be a fire Pokémon alone, though that is extremely unlikely. As for the final question," he then points to the five darkened areas of the map. "Well not sure-" Chester quickly calls for the attention of his trainer and shakes his head, "Looks like Glameow doesn't know anything about the fires, though I'm sure it'll still help us out won't you?" The cat looks a little indifferent to the ranger before looking at you and nodding. "Ha, this is one weird cat," he says, back to chuckling. "Anyway, where do you want to start investigating?"
(Map for reference, you are currently in the Ranger Station in S32)

How will you respond?

Thrain: Venturing into the beautiful, yet completely mysterious Cloud Forest, you decide to place a mark to remember where you started. As you delve deeper into the forest, you continue to hear the happy chirps of bird Pokémon and rustling of leaves every now and then. You continue you path, observing everything possible with all the vegetation around you being lush until- FWAP. You are suddenly on the ground, having been swept off you feet by something, as Blaze growls angrily to your right. You turn only to see what appears to be a bell shaped flower with two leaves on its sides, and as strange as it might sound, it appears to be snickering. The Bellsprout can no longer contain itself and it burst into laughter as it continuous to look at you on the ground...

How will you respond?

Last edited by Itzatrap; 06-20-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #684
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: Jenni looks slightly amused and excited at the same time as you finish your question, "I'm kind of glad you asked that, that is something I plan to find out eventually myself. I have heard of millions of stories of trainers who have stopped by, who wanted to search for that answer themselves, but personally, I think it's aliens." she then winks as she says the last part. "Anyway, let get going!" as she finishes that thought, she grabs your hand and you both head off.

A few minutes pass before she finally slows down and starts to talk once again, "My great grandparents were the ones who initially opened the Pokémon shelter, or so I was told. My great grandpa wanted to make up for abandoning his first Pokémon, a Caterpie, right after a battle he lost when he was very young. They wanted to give a temporary home to Pokémon who needed help, especially wild Pokemon, they would never turn their backs on travelers though. We have many kinds of Pokémon there, from all walks of life, as you'll soon see." She then stops for a second before continuing, "We're here!" she announces gladly. You then see the full scale of the place, which looks a lot like a ranch with its own habitat enclosed in the back, including trees, bushes and a pool, all laying on top of the golden path, with a big beautiful wooden house with a stable right next to it. "Well what kind of Pokémon would you be most interested in meeting? We don't break Pokémon up into groups but they tend to gravitate to their type while they stay here, we have Normal type, Psychic type, Electric types and the random Pokémon group that don't really like to mingle with any of the other types. Well which one would you like to meet the most-" she then looks as she's realized something before finishing her question. "I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves, my name is Jenni." She then extends her hand for a handshake.

How will you respond?
ooc: Thank you for the fast updates Itza! I'm having so much fun~

Rey looks eager to come with the little girl but despite that, he still stays true to his original plan in going to the Space Path. The girl listens to the lad, amused and amazed, she reciprocates his interest. Right after Rey finishes, the girl responds with a positive tune, "I'm kind of glad you asked that, that is something I plan to find out eventually myself. I have heard of millions of stories of trainers who have stopped by, who wanted to search for that answer themselves, but personally, I think it's aliens." she then winks as she says the last part.

"Aliens eh? Sounds like a solid theory. I propose we try to figure it out together some time!" replies Rey with a smile on his face.

"Anyway, let get going!" She grabs the guy's hand and off they go.

("Gee, I sure was wrong about her. At first I thought I couldn't trust her, but she seems like a kind person. I better apologize later.")

The two venture within the dreaded Space Path with star-spangled skies and golden roads, to a place unfitting, a place where goodness and hospitality thrives despite the unforgiving nature of the location. A kid of zest and excitement, complete with black hair and sparkling eyes, traveling with a younger girl with an innocent face, unaware of the troubled world beyond the Space Path. All you could see are two people and a Magnemite orbiting both of them, travelling with complete trust in their companions, their Pokemon, for they are not only companions, but are also friends, friends who don't even fight or talk back, friends who aim to make them happy... true friends. What adventure awaits them in this place is put on hold as they make a nice stop at the Pokemon Shelter owned by the girl's family.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

A few minutes have a passed before the group's pace slows down. The girl opens her mouth to say something, "My great grandparents were the ones who initially opened the Pokémon shelter, or so I was told. My great grandpa wanted to make up for abandoning his first Pokémon, a Caterpie, right after a battle he lost when he was very young. They wanted to give a temporary home to Pokémon who needed help, especially wild Pokemon, they would never turn their backs on travelers though."

("Sounds like she has a nice family. She's blessed for someone so young. I feel bad for the Caterpie but I sure am impressed with her great grandpa for taking the liberty to repent without being forced.")

"We have many kinds of Pokémon there, from all walks of life, as you'll soon see." She then stops for a second before continuing, "We're here!" she announces gladly.

"Woah! We're here already? Neat! Oh wow. The place looks so cool! The golden path only makes it look more dazzling! Is that a pool I spot behind there? You guys have everything in here! The wild Pokemon must be having so much fun here! This place reminds me of when I first met my awesome partner Ralts. I wasn't the one who found him. He actually found me when I was crying. The mini-forest you have there reminds me of that. So what kind of Pokemon are in here?" asked Rey.

"Well what kind of Pokémon would you be most interested in meeting? We don't break Pokémon up into groups but they tend to gravitate to their type while they stay here, we have Normal type, Psychic type, Electric types and the random Pokémon group that don't really like to mingle with any of the other types. Well which one would you like to meet the most-" she then looks as she's realized something before finishing her question. "I don't think we've properly introduced ourselves, my name is Jenni." She then extends her hand for a handshake.

The boy shakes her hand with trust and zest. "Hi Jenni. My name is Rey! It was nice meeting you! Haha, our introduction sure seems late, don't you think so? As for your previous question... hmmm..." the boy goes into deep thought before suddenly perking up again. "Oh! I know! Let's meet the random group first. I'd want to meet them and make them happy and give them someone to play with for once. It must be lonely being so few in number. Even if they are taken care of, perhaps we need to pay more attention to them." he stated.

"Oh... and... sorry for treating you like you're some kind of monster. I just felt unnerved that people would actually be around this place. Now I know I can trust you and your amazing family. My apologies once again!" he bows his head as he shows his sincere feelings.
__________________

Last edited by pengyzu; 06-20-2012 at 03:41 AM.
pengyzu is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 AM   #685
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: "Woah, woah, woah!" the ranger says, slightly smiling, "One question at the time, really like your attitude though. To start answering your questions, my name is Peter." he then gets slightly more series with the next part, "Unfortunately we have found no evidence in the forest fires except for scared and injured Pokémon, as all fires were in remote locations scattered about this section of the Cloud Forest," Peter quickly circles the whole map, "None in other areas of the Cloud Forest, for now at least. As for the culprits, we have found no evidence of it being one person or multiple people. All we know for sure is that it was a deliberate fire cause by a fire Pokémon or something that can cause fires to expand quickly, as the spread of the damage caused is too big for it to be a regular fire. For all we know it might be a fire Pokémon alone, though that is extremely unlikely. As for the final question," he then points to the five darkened areas of the map. "Well not sure-" Chester quickly calls for the attention of his trainer and shakes his head, "Looks like Glameow doesn't know anything about the fires, though I'm sure it'll still help us out won't you?" The cat looks a little indifferent to the ranger before looking at you and nodding. "Ha, this is one weird cat," he says, back to chuckling. "Anyway, where do you want to start investigating?"
(Map for reference, you are currently in the Ranger Station in S32)

How will you respond?
"Impossible." Stated by Nagasaki. "Considering this one to ten square inches per spot, This is one tremendous fire. The fire in Phoenix Island, as what we members of the Phoenix Clan called our island, is as big as this forest. And it only took a severe explosive to burn the entire island. This is a different case. During the Phoenix Island incident, the Torchic families were gone in panic, making the fire even worse. The Mudkip families evacuated first, making the fire big for them to disburse. Luckily here in Cloud Forest, according to my previous research before going here for the first, fire Pokemon are at a decreased rate. Maybe 5-10% of the whole Pokemon population is in here. And if you saw the damages Blazer did earlier, it doesn't even reached a square inch. If you rangers responded there quickly before these fire became all out, this is imposibble to be only a single fire Pokemon." The trainer walked to the window to see the forest. "All right. Let's start Operation: Anti-Firestarter. If Glameow doesn't know anything about the incidents, we will go to this site and investigate this, with the help of Glameow's sense." He then points and circles his fingers on map coordinates M20 to O23. "This area is where most of the casualties might be located, so many casualties equals too much information. This is the plan. Peter, prepare your investigatory equipment. Try to find any suspicious items in the area with the help of Glameow's enhanced sense of smell. It may smell some incendiary explosive powder in and under the area, while we will engage in an interview with the casualties and the Pokemon near the area, of course with Blazer's ability to translate Pokemon to human language and vice versa. Are you ready guys?" He then grabbed a rod from the station, and raised it like a sword to gain the team's confidence. "For justice and prosperity, may the Light guide us within!" While the party is preparing to go to the site, Nagasaki is still not letting his guard down, as he says on his mind, "I forgot to tell you guys another possibility, but it can be one of you. So, I will still watch for anything 'fishy' you might do." With the look of Nagasaki, which is a very serious one, Blazer got Nagasaki's message. "So he's thinking what I'm also thinking. I will not let my guard down either. No wonder what happens."

Last edited by Nagasaki; 06-20-2012 at 03:34 AM.
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #686
Thrain
Boulder Badge
 
Thrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Welcome to my group Thrain!

Cloud Forest
Thrain: Venturing into the beautiful, yet completely mysterious Cloud Forest, you decide to place a mark to remember where you started. As you delve deeper into the forest, you continue to hear the happy chirps of bird Pokémon and rustling of leaves every now and then. You continue your path, observing everything possible with all the vegetation around you being lush until- FWAP. You are suddenly on the ground, having been swept off you feet by something, as Blaze growls angrily to your right. You turn only to see what appears to be a bell shaped flower with two leaves on its sides, and as strange as it might sound, it appears to be snickering. The Bellsprout can no longer contain itself and it burst into laughter as it continues to look at you on the ground...

How will you respond?
OOC: Thanks for the welcome!

Trudging along the well-worn path, Eric noticed the sounds of Pokémon becoming more eminent the farther along they traveled. "Listen, Blaze. We must be getting pretty deep into the forest by now. Keep your eyes peeled for Pokémon, okay? I bet there are plenty around here," Eric muttered to his partner.

Blaze nodded and began to look among the trees, eyes roaming the forest floor for any movement. Eric did the same, looking this way and that for something--anything--that was out of place. A thought struck Eric. Of course! Blaze had one weapon Eric could never hope to attain: his high-powered nose. If we can't see any Pokémon, Blaze might be able to sniff them out! "Smell anything out of the ordinary?" Eric asked.

Turning to face his trainer, Blaze was about to shake his head no when he caught the edge of a scent--a tantalizing whisp of an aroma, sweet yet earthy, like a flower. Stopping in his tracks, Blaze grabbed onto the scent with his nose, allowing it to settle within him. It appeared to be emanating from behind Eric.

"What, do you smell some--"

FWAP!

The next thing Eric knew, he was on the forest floor. Something from behind had attacked, sending him sprawling in the dirt. Rolling onto his side, Eric found himself looking up into the eyes of... a plant? No, upon closer inspection, he saw that this was actually a Pokémon! Blaze sprang to his side, growling angrily at it. The Pokémon snickered, and, seeming unable to hold it in anymore, burst out laughing. It doubled over, overcome with amusement.

Regaining his feet, Eric pulled his Pokédex out of his backpack and scanned the Pokémon in front of him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Bellsprout, the Flower Pokémon. It prefers hot and humid environments and is quick at capturing prey with its vines.
"Aha! So you're a Bellsprout, huh? Well, Bellsprout, while you're busy laughing, I think I might try and catch you. Quick, Blaze, while it's distracted Intimidate it with a Roar and then go in close for a Bite! If it tries to run, jump over it and use Bite again! Try to dodge any of its retaliations if you can!"
Thrain is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #687
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields

kaisap112: (Just a note, though don't worry about it this time, you self-updated yourself a little by controlling the Shinx and making that shooting star crash near you. Like I said though, don't worry about it, just for future reference)

Your Skitty and Shinx quickly warm up to each other as they roll around in the tall grass of the Stardust Fields, playfully raising their paws against each other and chasing each other, as the shooting stars that were once the main attraction of your friend are soon forgotten by her new acquaintance. The Shinx eventually slows down and yawns, looking a little bored of their current game before it stretches and suddenly looks like it had an idea as it looks at Skitty. The electrical feline starts to rush towards Skitty, almost ramming into her with a Tackle, which Skitty barely dodges at the last moment. The Shinx turns back towards her new pink and white friend with intensity in it's eyes, as if to battle. Looks like this little critter wants to play a rougher game.

What will you do?
After a while of playing around with Skitty, Shinx seemed to get bored. It stopped in its tracks, stretching and yawning. Noriko slowed down to a stop as well: she suddenly got an odd feeling in her gut. Skitty on the other hand turned around in confusion, swinging her tail. What was up with Shinx? They were having so much fun just before. Like she had finally found a best friend, besides Noriko of course.

Out of the blue Shinx rushed right at Skitty with a Tackle. At the very last moment Skitty jumped out of the way, even more confused at her new friend’s behavior. Noriko had an epiphany: Shinx wanted to battle. “Nothing wrong with that I suppose, plus I bet Skitty would love for him to stick around with us,” thought Noriko. No better chance than this one! And maybe Shinx had realized that as well?

“Skitty! Shinx wants a battle, so let’s give him one okay?” Skitty meowed in response. She wasn’t about to lie down and give up just like that. And if she won… “Great! Use Fake Out and then Tackle him with all you’ve got!”
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #688
KratosAurion
Soul Badge
 
KratosAurion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Comet Observatory.
Posts: 1,060
Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
KratosAurion: Completely taken aback by the history and meaning of this place, you decide to explore the magical golden path that so many have taken before. The endless vision of space seem to be the main attraction of this serene place. You see the occasional trainers, and Pokémon as well, walking and admiring the special treat that this is, and what you assume to be trainer battles in the heat of the moment, one in particular, as a Dragonair unleashes a rather devastating white beam which seems to be felt even in your distance. With all that is going on around you, you fail to notice a Pokémon as it approached you, a little spring Pokémon bounces up and down a few feet from you until it gets close enough to see you and your Spheal. The little Spoink looks at you and your Spheal and quickly starts to smile before springing from the floor all the way to the top of your head and bouncing on your head before landing behind you and laughing. Looks like this little piggy has a rather odd sense of humor...

What will you do?
As our Trainer continued to race across the Space Path into the great unknown alongside his trusty partner who barely kept to his pace by rolling around much like she was used to, the shock of raging Battles between Trainers and their Pokemon caught both of their attention's. Becoming awestruck by the sheer power the other Pokemon had attained, he became even more inspired on keeping the pace he had so far, and gave a small pat to his Spheal in order to rouse her up to work even harder in order to achieve their goal: Unveiling the mysteries of the Space Path. As stars continued to flicker and rain endless light upon our Trainer and his Pokemon, he eventually came upon a small Spoink who made his day about by bouncing cutely on his tail. After seeing the Spoink's acrobatic display, which actually included him, he decided it was high time to add another comrade to his Team. "Hilde... Let us engage!" He declared in a stout, rousing tone as he called the Spoink's attention, hoping to gain another friend by the end of the Battle that could take place shortly.

...

There they lay, both our Trainer and his trusty Spheal, just as it struck our Trainer's mind how far he had travelled, far anough to see another Pokemon that did not inhabit the Northern Lands , something so different from what he had studied as a recruit. His excitement peaked and he was prepared, as he had trained all his life for this single engagement, the first Pokemon Battle he had partaken in outside from his hometown of Zavhert, and with a Wild Pokemon to boot! As memories continued to skip across his mind, our Trainer soothed down, and focused in order to make the best possible judgment in the Battle ahead.
__________________
[竜]

// PASBL // Wild Future //
KratosAurion is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #689
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,551
Weedle BUZZINGA

I'd like to officially welcome Flame Mistress to my group. ^-^ Hope you like your Update!

Rainbow Road

Shadowshocker – The conscious crow snaps and hisses as soon as you and your dragon come close. It refuses to cease even when Novawing bares his weaponry, though it does shut up once it notices the two red-and-white capsules in your hands. Grudgingly, it listens in murderous silence as you make threats to capture it and its leader in order to coerce them to do your bidding. Its eyes thin and it screeches loudly in protest as soon as you even suggest enslaving its leader. You give it an unrelenting glare, and it reluctantly relaxes, realizing you’re deadly serious. It sighs and squawks in defeat, agreeing to lead you to the location where your dear Doldum departed to with the flock.

You nod and cautiously stow the Pokéballs away, keeping them in a convenient pocket on your person just in case the need for them arises. Novawing picks up the leader’s limp body and slings it nonchalantly over his shoulder, keeping his claws poised at its throat for when it decides to wake up. Meanwhile, Durin wordlessly instates himself in the back as he also fixes his stare on the Murkrow, prepared to alert for any signs of movement. Finally, Arugulus slides carefully off his captive’s body. The crow flexes its wings and gratefully greets the air again, the GRAVITY haven worn off by this time. True to its word, it remains at visible level, not daring to make a break so long as you have its leader as leverage.

With the four of you following not far behind, your forefront guides the way to…


Memory Lane

As soon as you step onto the cold concrete, a foreboding suddenly shoots up your spine like a spider. The contrast from the beautiful, vibrant scenery you left behind is stark. Here, there is only gray for miles. Flowers occasionally gasp to fill the void along the sides of the straight mobile, clamoring for someone, anyone, to pay notice, to please take care of them. However, not even their weeping colors can distract from the sadness that stifles the air. Even their sweet perfume, when mixed with the oppressive odor of death, makes you gag and suppress your lunch.

Growing increasingly apprehensive of what the crows could be doing to Doldrum in such a place, you quicken your pace after the bird. It leads you past rows upon rows of graves, eventually landing on a small, nondescript marker. Flanked by two towering tombstones, you would not have even noticed the flat panel embedded in the grass had the Murkrow not pointed it out. You bend down and brush away layers of overgrown weeds and dirt just to make out the simple inscription. The plate holds nothing but a name and a date. The latter of which, to your consternation, just happens to align to today. Furthermore, there is no clarification as to whether it is a time of birth or passing. (Although considering the circumstances, you would assume the second.)

At that moment, you feel a tug on your sleeve. Spinning around, you come face to face with a little barefoot boy about six, dressed thinly in grimy, threadbare rags. He grins up at you with a shy expression, showing off his missing front teeth. As he opens his mouth to speak, you get the impression that the skin around the corners sags slightly and his jaw droops a little, as if not quite attached properly to the rest of the skull. In fact, several parts of his body appear almost grossly misaligned and in need of adjustment. Perhaps it’s because of this – in addition to his absent dentures – that he slurs his words more slowly, as if struggling with a minor impediment.

“Hu-llo, mistah. Are you here for my par-ty? To-day is my birf-day.”

You notice his fist his clenched tightly around some sort of string, and your heart both stabilizes and descends as you follow it up to find your Drifloon attached to it, at the very least looking safe and sound. In fact, he even waves to you with his free filament, assuring that things are fine on his end and there’s no need to panic. He then gestures subtly towards the grave, and you steal a glance at the name again. It would seem the burial site belongs to a Jacob Poore. If this boy before you is indeed Jacob, then according to the date, that would mean… You glumly depress at the realization.

The little boy looks at you expectantly with shining eyes – or as close to shining as an empty hole can get. You can feel Murkrow’s eyes boring into your skull behind your back, daring you to disappoint such a poor, pure, innocent soul on his special day. Those eyes are joined by several other pairs, watching warily from the sparse dead trees overhead – though keeping their distance since they see you have the leader in custody. Still, the flock worked hard to find and fetch a present for their good friend, they won’t forgive you for spoiling the surprise so soon.

How will you react?


Stardust Fields

Poke_Hunter¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You gladly oblige the Plusle’s plea, and produce another Potion from your pack. You advise Plusle to close its eyes, and douse it exhaustively with the remedy. You smile as the smear on its forehead gradually departs, gaining a more wholesome color. Minun watches the happening out of the corner of its eye (the other still fully alert on you), clearly impressed by the magic. The fire fades from its cheeks, and you seize the occasion to surprise Minun with a spritz from a second bottle for good measure. It squeaks in protest belatedly, but calms down when it senses its own wounds also restoring. Grudgingly, it lets the injury to its pride pass without word.

Meanwhile, you have some words of your own. You wear your best smile, and apologize once more for missing the two at first, yet marking them anyway. Plusle nods in understanding, and regrets its assuming actions as well. Its partner looks away, but a gentle yet firm push on its back forces it to join in repentance. You quickly assure them of your forgiveness, then move on to a more serious matter, asking if they knew of a certain stone you have been seeking: the legendary Linguistite.

The two mice glance at each other, shrug, and shake their heads. The name doesn’t seem to ring a bell. Plusle ponders for a moment, then bulb of light pops above its head. It gestures to the lone cherry blossom tree, and Minun appears greatly alarmed by this suggestion. The two oppose each other again, locking ears and cheeks as heated sparks fly between them in the form of invisible static. You look to your Pokémon hopefully for a translation, but for the moment they seem as lost as you are.

Abruptly, the Plusle ends the quarrel by planting a kiss on its partner’s nose. Minun blushes and turns away, unable to counter such a potent move. Plusle giggles and gives you a wink, then starts to explain its plan. It seems there is a wise old Noctowl who lives inside the tree, who would probably know the stone of which you speak. The only problems are a. He sleeps during the day, and b. He hunts at night, and his favorite prey happens to be rodents. In addition, he doesn’t like outsiders, especially humans. (Like a certain someone, Plusle adds, judging by the way it glances teasingly at a miffed Minun.)

The only way to even get the Noctowl to maybe meet and speak with you then would be for one of the mice to first present it an offering. The Noctowl is at least familiar with the pair since they always play around the tree during the day, safe for the simple fact he won’t leave his hole for any reason as long as there’s light. (Though on more than one occasion they’ve disturbed his sleep and gotten chased at duskfall, barely making some narrow escapes.) They have heard a rumor that he prefers a certain type of Berry, which only grows near the Rainbow Waterfalls due to the rich soil. And they can lead you to it, right?

Plusle nudges its partner, who is unmoved. Plusle puts its magic to work again by batting its bright eyes, and try as Minun might to resist, the cuteness is too much. It caves with a sigh, and nods its assent. However, gallantry insists that it will be the one to lead the way.

Will you take the mice up on their offer?

Flame Mistress – Dewdrops glitter as stars, brightening to your approach. Their radiance runs and excites. Despite the playful flicker of the fields under your feet, you fear to frolic freely amongst the lights, lest you disturb a world and its inhabitants at peace. Flare is not frightened however. She is enchanted, but by smell, not sight. The scent of stones fills the air, rich and resplendent. Like a trance, she steps unceremoniously onto the grass in search of the sweetness tickling her nose.

You tug gently on her tail, severing the spell. Flare responds to your caution with an insolent look, but sighs and surrenders to your side. Cautiously, you lead the way, taking care not to upset the terrain too much. Moonbeams dance over the earth as you walk, illuminating the stage for stars to shoot. Looking over your shoulder to ensure Flare doesn’t stray, you spot the Vulpix vainly holding her head and fan high as if on a red carpet runway, emboldened by the flashes flanking her. Her paws trot daintily over the mobile you so respectfully forged for her, and her train swishes elegantly to and fro. You find it your turn to sigh and roll your eyes, leaving her to her little fantasy.

You turn your attention back to your progress, though thanks to that short distraction, your reflexes are somewhat dulled. Before you have taken another two steps, a pink ball of fur darts suddenly across your path, joyfully chasing the shimmering spotlights. Unable to promptly react, your vision only catches the brief whisk of a tail before it disappears again after its prey. Your position falters, but thankfully manages to correct itself in time to avoid crushing a beautiful purple plant beneath your sole – in your opinion more precious than any rock.

As you tenderly soothe and make apologies to the scared flower, its smooth petals seeming to tremble under your touch, Flare’s senses alert to more movement. Ignoring your inordinate concern for the inanimate, she curiously pursues the shadow, poking her snout through the tall grass. The reeds behind her rustle, and a paw reaches out to touch the tip of one of her swaying tails. The Vulpix yips and spins around to confront only vibrating vegetation. As she stares in bewilderment, the mitt emerges from the other side to swat gleefully again at her bottom. You smile and suppress a giggle as you watch this process of cat-and-fox repeat a few times, the poor Vulpix growing more and more vexed by the minute.

Finally Flare has had enough, and ROARs irritably in order to try and scare the stalker out of hiding. It succeeds, as a small creature skitters out from the cover, bumping abruptly into your leg. You gaze down amusedly at the dazed critter, observing its cream undercoat and feline appearance. The Skitty soon picks itself up and shakes its head before glancing around, momentarily confused. Spotting Flare a few feet away, it mews excitedly and races over, pouncing at the fox’s behind once again. This time it pins Flare’s train to the ground and begins to blissfully roll on its back, playing with each extension. Unable to shake the weight off, Flare is forced to gaze at you pleadingly for help. Seems this overzealous fan is fascinated by Flare’s own fabulous fan, and is rather persistent at getting a personal interview.

What will you do?


Cloud Forest

Charminions – Though you curse the numerous setbacks overconfidence has led you, it seems you’ve got Carnivine on the ropes now. Or roots, rather. With its resistance lowered, it’s time to pull out all the punches. Apollo answers the booty call by crossing his arms and delivering a fiery chop directly to the inert plant, who screams in something like ecstasy. Gritting its teeth, it bears the intense pain as best it can, unable to go anywhere even if it wanted to. Bound tightly as it is, it’s forced to effectively stand its ground.

From the ground, then, it gains a final bit of strength, powering the GROWTH of its muscles to try and match Apollo’s. It sighs and loosely slips its limbs around its partner, measuring the chicken’s more impressive might. Stroking Apollo’s upper arm, it squeezes here and there and squeals slightly as it marvels at the appendage’s girth. Its tongue flickers out and even licks the length all the way towards Apollo’s head, causing a shudder to go down the chicken’s spine. Barely able to contain its excitement, the Carnivine suddenly reasserts dominance by BINDing down on the bicep, twisting so tight that it cuts off the circulation. Apollo gasps and abruptly goes limp. For the moment, the tables appear to have turned, with Carnivine now on top.

However, having realized the ruse, Apollo is not about to fall for it again. He raises his other claw to cruelly crush the opposition, bashing Carnivine’s head brutally against the bark. Splinters fly everywhere, and a horrid crack sounds. You and your Pokémon take a sort of satisfaction, almost sadistic pleasure, in watching the plant snap instantly back from impact like a punching dummy, impelled by its implants.

Swaying dizzily, the severity of the blow finally dawns on Carnivine as it notices sap oozing from the side of its head. Shocked by this, it all of a sudden bursts into tears, the abuse having at last crossed its tolerance threshold. Crying, it begins to panic as it clings and claws desperately, unfortunately unable to escape. The pitiful plant even gets down on its knees, begging for a break. Apollo only perceives this as a plea for further punishment though and gives the fetal form a callous kick, thinking such a glutton for pain would not give up at this point. Besides, understandably assuming it to be another trap, neither of you would be gullible enough to believe it ever again. Carnivine gulps and clearly dismays upon sensing both your reactions. Despite its genuine display, it seems no amount of struggle or repeated safe words will stop the session now. It signed up for this, now it will get its money’s worth.

In a last-ditch effort, the Carnivine weakly wraps its tethers around Apollo’s other arm in an attempt to WRING OUT the last of his aggression. Apollo winces as the vines dig into his veins, aggravating his bruises from before. However, this doesn’t deter Apollo from delivering the climax. Though both arms are incapacitated, his beak is wide open, and from it erupts a final geyser of flames. They scorch Carnivine’s entire body, and it faints from the heat of exhaustion, falling limp into its lover’s embrace. Their two bodies remain entwined, and for a moment you feel it a fault to break such a beautiful bond.

Apollo anxiously shoots you an askance look, asking you to (better) do something about the uncomfortable figure lying on top of him, and fast. Despite all the disturbance you’ve experienced today, you respect your opponent’s sexual battle prowess enough to try and recruit it. Thus you toss a Pokéball towards the plant, still tangled up in its partner. It successfully apprehends the criminal and, after a brief brawl, finishes the arrest.

Apollo sighs with relief as he fluffs his feathers, finally free of that pest. Remaining on guard, he keeps a wary eye as you approach his attempted rapist’s single-cell prison and pick it up, wondering what exactly you plan to do with your new inmate. (His suggestion: Dispose of it in the sea.)

*Combusken has gained a Level Up for this battle*

*You’ve caught a Lv. 6 Carnivine *

What will your next action be, now that you have a hardened sex offender on your side?

takkupanda – You amiably assent to the idea of helping a mother in need, and call out your star psychic to aid the task. Nova nods at your request and begins radially scanning the surroundings, hoping to register any signals belonging to the lost bear. Seeing no more need to keep Ursaring detained, you bail her out under promise of good behavior and call back the warden. Ursaring immediately flexes her arms and raises herself to full height, causing Broly to back up a bit just in case. However, she is calm now and keeps her word, merely watching the three of you carefully with worried eyes. You assure her of your personal assistance, your own eyes shining with sincerity. Gazing into them, she eases and agrees to put faith in your skills.

After assigning Broly to sniffing and snooping duty, you cover the final base by offering to keep your eyes peeled. You all concentrate hard on your separate tasks. Meanwhile Ursaring waits, wringing her paws in agony. Finally Nova starts to flash, alerting that it’s picked up on something. Broly barks to confirm; there’s a distinct mark of honey in the air, and where there’s honey, there’s bound to be a baby bear. He also reports hearing a buzzing sound. In fact, you hear it too. Your eyes follow the source, and spot a cheerful Combee passing overhead through the leaves. You put two and two together, and conclude all you’d have to do is follow the bee to its nest in order to find the bear.

Ursaring is so overjoyed at this news that she grasps and crushes you in a great big bear hug, nearly breaking your ribcage. Wheezing, you scarcely manage to order the search party to move out. The four of you start to trail the Combee at a casual pace, careful not to disturb its flight. Eventually you come to a fork, and Combee diverts towards the right. You are about to give chase when Nova flashes again, suggesting something is wrong. It points down the left path, pointing out it senses Teddiursa’s presence in that direction. Broly takes another deep whiff to verify. He does detect a faint scent of honey, and his eyes light up as he also associates it with the mother’s sweetness.

Ursaring doesn’t wait for any further corroboration as she charges straight down the channel, eager to see her cub. Broly barks after her, and looks to you with concern. He happens to hear a buzzing coming from that direction as well, and it doesn’t sound too happy. Alarmed, you give chase after the mother. Very soon the angry drone gets louder until it practically assaults your eardrums.

The three of you bust out into a clearing in the middle of what you were afraid to find: a nest swarming with angry Beedrill. You can spot the mother on the outskirts trying to swat her way through a barrage of bees. In the center, you notice a little brown lump, crying and covered in more swollen bumps. It looks like when Teddiursa got lost it ended up stumbling straight onto this hive instead, and mistook it for a colony of Combee. …Peculiarly, when you peer closer it appears there’s a Weedle wrapped around its battered body in an almost comforting, protective way. For a moment you’re not sure what to make of it.

Meanwhile, most of the Beedrill seem to be occupied with fighting off the largest and latest intruder, so they take no notice of you who have yet to set foot in their territory. However, two suddenly break away from the cloud and dive-bomb back to the Teddiursa’s location, seemingly intent on finishing their first victim off. Ursaring roars with maternal rage but is unable to move past the black-and-yellow barrier blocking her way. Weedle raises its head defensively, but it’s clear it’s no match for its bully brethren. If you don’t do something fast, both Teddiursa and Weedle could soon be toast.

What will you do?


Rock Garden

blazeVA¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

You and Marche quickly conclude that only music can soothe the souls of these two great beasts. The only problem is that your partner lacks an accompaniment. You offer to go and fetch one, but Marche stops you and shakes his head with a knowing smile. He points to Keith, who seems to be, er, “gazing” pointedly at Charlie, who simultaneously shrinks under everyone’s stares. Seems the little sneak has been withholding something. He shuffles sheepishly, then shrugs in defeat and holds up a claw, signaling you all to wait a moment before he disappears inside his shell. Some strange sounds emanate from within, including but not limited to bumps, crashes, clucks, and growls. You could swear you even heard a siren somewhere in the mix.

Finally, Charlie emerges, strangely covered in feathers, clutching what appears to be the handle of an instrument. He strains on the surplus, but it appears to be stuck. Blushing as he pardons his naked appearance, he awkwardly scuttles further out of the hole and braces his legs against the sides. With a sharp tug and a twist, Charlie suddenly loses grip and tumbles over backward, allowing the guitar to grow gloriously before your eyes (although how on earth it managed to squeeze past the opening and fit inside the shell in the first place you have no idea).

The thing is certainly a beauty. Carved out of heavy stone and marble, only an Olympic weightlifter (or maybe a masochist) would dare to even try and pick it up. (Which then begs the question of how strong Charlie the crab must be to have been carrying it around with him all this time…) Precious gems entrench themselves in the bed of the body, embellishing. Rubies, sapphires, emeralds, diamonds – you name it. The tuning keys even appear to be made from mother of pearl, and the bridge of pure jade. Strung with silver and gilded along the edges with gold, the gaudiness- er, gorgeousness is almost blinding.

“This is the legendary Ragnarock,” Marche explains. “Keith told me about it on our way here.” It occurs to you that the rock may as well have been talking during the tour through the Garden, and you simply weren’t aware. Marche reaches out eagerly for the instrument, as if magnetized. Charlie looks unsure, but Keith’s slight nod convinces him to hand it over. The Geodude wobbles a little under the guitar’s weight, but quickly corrects his altitude. Once settled, he strums a few experimental bars and winces at the sound, like a cat whining in protest after having been woken from a nap. Seems the poor girl’s been in storage for quite some time. He plucks at each string in turn, tuning to perfection, before testing again with a strident slam.

The guitar booms a gruff, but solid scale, effectively grabbing the attention of the two behemoths on stage. They glance at your odd group, confused, as Charlie tries to hide inside his shell to avoid any association, or perhaps simply anger for giving the guitar away. Marche nods at you, and on your cue, one, two…

Together, you belt out a rough rendition of your favorite rock ballad. Marche plays with surprising finesse, his fingers practically flying over the frets. Even Charlie immediately pops his head out to hear the performance. When it is done, he claps his claws together for an encore, but stops when he realizes he’s the only one applauding. …Although this could also be an account of the fact he’s the only one physically capable of achieving such a feat. As such, you look to your audience onstage nervously for the final assessment.

The Bastiodon and Probopass grunt inquisitively at Dwebble, who squeaks and scurries back, pleased to be invited to the conversation for once. Together, the three hold a brief conference, and you gulp as you anxiously await the judges’ decision. After more bickering and stache-wrinkling, they finally turn back, and Marche translates their comments one by one.

Bill: “Not bad for a first audition. Could use some work. Kinda pitchy in places.”

Charlie: “I loved it! You guys are great!”

Ian: “That was absolutely the most HORRENDOUS performance I have ever heard. …But we’re short and there’s no one else available, so I suppose you blokes will have to do.”

While you and your partner bump fists over your (moderate) success, Bill suddenly interjects with his original issue. Marche continues to relay the debate without even realizing: Bill still wants to hire the Heaven’s Devils to act as security and won’t back down. Ian calmly asks if he need remind Bill that such decisions shouldn’t be made without the band leader present? Charlie quietly points out that they just agreed to hire two stand-ins off the stone on their own, and both beasts glare at him, causing him to almost shrivel up. Seems like another fight’s about to break out unless you do something fast.

What do you do?


Rainbow Waterfalls

Celebii151 – You call upon your Squirtle again, who emerges suddenly more propelled than ever before. Barely able to contain his brimming energy, it overflows as a warning shot right off the bat, albeit missing the mark entirely. Before you can reel him in however, his body starts to blaze brilliant. His tail fills out and unfurls slightly, resembling a wave. Tufts of spray also sprout from the sides of his head. His skin, shell, and claws shed their infant softness to build a harder, deeper sheen. Baby blue washes away to leave cool cobalt underneath. In addition, two tiny fangs protrude from the corners of his mouth. Scanning this bold, blue creature with your Pokédex, you confirm that it is a Wartortle, signature of strength and endurance.

This time it is your turn to hardly control your enthusiasm as you congratulate Neptune on his evolution. However, there is no time for prolonged festivity, as there are still oppressing Golduck to attend to. You bark out orders to your Pokémon, then turn to Ducklett, who has been watching the development in awe. To see such a squat, awkward critter transform into a beautiful beast before its eyes seems to have inflated it with some confidence, as it responds to your request with a buoyant nod. With your encouragement, it can surely accomplish this much.

Once everyone’s assured of their individual strategy, they all spring into action. Larry starts off by insinuating his body into the earth, sharpening every surface to sleek precision. He even abrades harshly against the hard stones Ducklett was just sitting on. In the process, he receives some scratches and dings, but shrugs them off. Soon his entire shell is more streamlined, and especially efficient for moving through air. This, when combined with the fact that the wind is now blowing at his back rather than against, makes his body practically like a bullet. He tucks his head and rockets towards the leader, who has zero time to react as it receives Larry’s rock-hard head straight to its gut. The leader gasps and grunts, and you grin at Larry’s success. However, that smile substitutes a frown when you notice a hard gleam in Golduck’s eyes. Its gem glows strangely like a dancing flame, almost emanating heat, and its gaze glazes over with ice and ire as it lifts a hand high over its head. Before you can warn Larry to evade, the leader demonstrates its hidden potential and superiority over its brethren by bringing its arm down to deliver a lethal CROSS CHOP across Larry’s back.

Larry crumples, then collapses. After being dealt such a heavy and unexpected blow, his weakened body, already weathered by water and brain damage, is unable to withstand any more punishment. The followers cheer loudly for their chief’s victory, and it casts you a haughty look. Seems it heard your “stupid” remark, and dares you to now retract that statement. Realizing you’re not nearly impressed, it decides to give you more proof by turning its attention to the rest of your Pokémon.

Seeing his poor partner battered and brutalized, Boing leaps to avenge Larry. He first attempts to distract his enemies by a brilliant light show, but the leader senses his intent and calls a warning to the flock, most of whom are alert enough to respond appropriately by closing their eyes. The ones who manage to avoid blindness then take a page from their leader’s book, whose display of sudden mental prowess PSYCHed them UP. Copying the head’s confidence and ingenuity, their own flash of inspiration helps them figure out how to organize even bigger BOMBs of MUD. Upon their commander’s consenting snap, they bombard Boing from all directions, severely reducing the pig’s sight instead.

Boing squeals and rubs ineffectually at the sludge clouding his eyes. Discouraged but not deterred, he shakes his head blearily and bristles with greater fury. He tries to fire another wisp of electricity towards the leader, but rage and lack of vision makes him grossly overcompensate the distance, and the attack veers completely off course. Golduck merely snorts in derision as the spark lands far from its feet and fizzles out. Boing blushes in embarrassment and aborts back to your side, having been squarely beaten by his own game.

Now it’s Neptune’s turn to step up to the plate. He also tucks his head and launches himself at the leader, who groans as his stomach is assaulted once again. Seeing Neptune draw back his fist back for a follow-up, the Golduck’s jewel flares red again, this time spreading all over its body. Once again it is far too late to withdraw, and Neptune’s fist impacts the ruby armor with full force. Golduck grimaces but grins as it COUNTERs the strike for double damage, and both Pokémon are sent flying from each other.

The followers flock to facilitate their leader’s rise to its feet. It staggers slightly, dazed and disoriented and seeing duckies of its own. However, it retains enough clarity to shoot you a triumphant gaze, as your tortoise currently isn’t in much better condition. Not only was he heavily injured by his own backfire, he unfortunately landed on his backside. His clumsy, tired efforts to right himself make a shameful scene, and the Golduck slap their knees in amusement, some even rolling on their own backs with raucous laughter. One of them then gets a great idea, and concentrates hard to solidify one of the nearby pools with ICE BEAM. It seems their leader’s display of cleverness has initiated a wave of revolution, a sudden surge of resourcefulness. The others quickly get the picture and hi-five the genius.

They then descend on Neptune, who immediately shrinks into his shell upon sensing shadows surrounding him. One of them lifts Neptune and tosses it to its partner, who WHIPs its TAIL around to send the poor puck skidding onto the ice. The group whoops and follows, soon engaged in a rowdy game of Kick-the-Wartortle. The leader watches the proceedings with great satisfaction, too tired to join but appreciative of the show. Two of its cohorts have stayed behind as bodyguards and to help make their king more comfortable, and all three clap and cheer every time a goal is scored. It seems they’ve all but forgotten about the fight at this point. …Perhaps literally in the leader’s case, as it appears to use AMNESIA to help clear its mind of confusion, kicking back to rest and enjoy the game.

However, you can still catch the leader regularly keeping tabs on you out of the corner of its eye, waiting to see your reaction. It winks and waggles its tail teasingly in your direction. You sigh, recognizing this bully is clearly cleverer than you gave it credit for, or else it wouldn’t be in control over such a devoted crowd. You look to Ducklett, who has been tracking Neptune’s movements across the ice, covering its eyes anytime one of the players lines up for a slapshot. It realizes your stare and squawks nervously, knowing you expect it to assist. All the onus was on it now, and its knees buckle under the pressure, shaking together violently.

As it glances anxiously around for an excuse or escape, its eyes fall upon Larry’s comatose figure. It remembers your kind words and gestures, how hard you’ve been fighting for its sake, and hangs its head in disgrace. You remind the duck of its pride and promised friendship. Boing bounces forward, backing the encouragement. Ducklett relaxes upon receiving such support, and bucks its head up. It’s time for it to finally defend its friends for once.

It marches determinedly down to the bank, intent on telling the bullies to knock it off. They complete ignore its presence however, and Ducklett fluffs in frustration. Taking your advice, it spreads its wings wide before trumpeting a war call and sprinting as fast as its little legs can carry it towards the leader. The guards move to block its way however, and Ducklett only ends up bumping beak-first into their legs. The Golduck snicker and simply try to stomp on the little duck, who squeals in panic. As a finisher, both Golduck grab an outstretched wing and bend it behind the bird’s back, who cries out painfully. It weakly surrenders, allowing the Golduck to sit successfully on top of its wingtips. Poor Ducklett only sighs pitifully, putting up zero resistance to being pinned. Seems it’s fairly used to this sort of treatment.

You hear more loud laughter, and look to see the leader holding Neptune’s shell, with the group gathered around it. It tosses the shell around its back, catching it casually in the other hand before spinning it like a basketball. Seems it’s recovered enough to perform a few tricks for its fans’ benefit. Neptune shows no response from within; you wonder if he’s already been inadvertently knocked out by all the hard knocks he received. Your blood boils, feeling somewhat of a fool to see almost all your friends easily beaten like this, using bizarre and bewildering methods no less.

The Golduck senses your ire and stops showing off for a moment. Suddenly it beams, hatching a new scheme. It points at you and your Pokémon, then at Ducklett, and finally towards the ice. Its eyes beckons you with a daring, competitive glare. Having grown bored of battle, the leader seems to be challenging you to a game of hockey to decide the victor instead. If you win, it will release Ducklett and give Neptune back.

Will you play the Golduck’s game?


Delibird Ridge

DaisyInari¤Repost of Your Last Update¤

The solution to Natu’s riddle seems simple enough at first… Perhaps a little too simple. Then again, it is only the first round. Perhaps your opponent is merely warming up for the real challenge ahead. About 80% sure of yourself, you set off in direction of…


The Rose Arch

A short walk takes you back to the Sky Gate, where you choose the mobile marked by the decorative arch you saw in your dreams. As soon as the two of you arrive on the path, your senses are saluted by a host of pleasant sights and smells. Flowers of all different origins and shades flank the trail, lending flavor to the air. They sway mildly in the breeze, dreaming of the sky above. A sweetness fills your lungs, expanding your confidence for this little exploration, even if the initial incentive for coming happens to turn out incorrect.

As you amble along at your own ease, stopping every so often to literally smell the roses, Sunshine takes off ahead, whistling a cheery tune but remaining alert for any suspicious activity. The notes seem to both float and fall, even getting underfoot. They support your step, causing it to quicken in altitude, if not by distance. A musical magic carpet. You hum along, only absently aware of the competition at this point. If not for Sunshine occasionally circling back to nudge you forward when you become diverted by a particular plant, the two of you would hardly make any progress. It takes all your concentration just to consider keeping an open mind for psychic signals. Perhaps this is what Natu anticipated by sending you to such a relaxed setting. What a cheeky tactic. …Though you suppose it is your own fault for being so easily sidetracked, to which Sunshine rolls her eyes in agreement.

By the third time this happens, something other than Sunshine’s beak suddenly snaps you out of reverie. A frightened scream, followed by a sinister slurping sound. You and Sunshine exchange a brief look of panic before running ahead to find the source: A Victreebel insinuates upon the path, looming over a Lilligant with hunger in its eyes.

Before either of you can act, however, a strange wind starts to pick up, and a storm of roses suddenly steals your vision. For a moment, you swear you can hear mysterious theme music playing. When the petals subside, there stands before you a Roserade wearing a cape and mask, striking a dramatic pose. He thrusts his bouquet directly at the villainous Victreebel, who appears momentarily confused by the masked weirdo’s mannerisms. It first glances behind it, then upon realizing it was the one being issued a challenge, simply snarls back in response, unimpressed at being held by petalpoint.

However, the Roserade soon becomes quickly distracted (not unlike a certain little girl). He winks at Lilligant and tosses a rose in her direction, whose cheeks quickly turn the same color upon catching it. As Roserade continues to flirt and flaunt for Lilligant’s benefit, the Victreebel grows impatient and WHIPs out a VINE, slamming it into the unsuspecting Roserade’s backside. Lilligant screams as her suitor is sent suddenly flying, landing unceremoniously at your feet with swirls in his eyes, apparently already knocked out.

Victreebel sweatdrops and shrugs, surprised at the ease at which its foe was disposed but not one to complain. It turns eagerly back to its meal, swooping her up with its vine and drawing her close to its gaping jaws. Meanwhile, Roserade is still seeing stars and birdies, and not just the one on your shoulder. Looks like this hammy hero could use a bit of help.

What will you do?
lilbluecorsola is online now  
Old 06-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #690
takkupanda
Charismagnetism
 
takkupanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Posts: 990
Send a message via Skype™ to takkupanda
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Cloud Forest

takkupanda – You amiably assent to the idea of helping a mother in need, and call out your star psychic to aid the task. Nova nods at your request and begins radially scanning the surroundings, hoping to register any signals belonging to the lost bear. Seeing no more need to keep Ursaring detained, you bail her out under promise of good behavior and call back the warden. Ursaring immediately flexes her arms and raises herself to full height, causing Broly to back up a bit just in case. However, she is calm now and keeps her word, merely watching the three of you carefully with worried eyes. You assure her of your personal assistance, your own eyes shining with sincerity. Gazing into them, she eases and agrees to put faith in your skills.

After assigning Broly to sniffing and snooping duty, you cover the final base by offering to keep your eyes peeled. You all concentrate hard on your separate tasks. Meanwhile Ursaring waits, wringing her paws in agony. Finally Nova starts to flash, alerting that it’s picked up on something. Broly barks to confirm; there’s a distinct mark of honey in the air, and where there’s honey, there’s bound to be a baby bear. He also reports hearing a buzzing sound. In fact, you hear it too. Your eyes follow the source, and spot a cheerful Combee passing overhead through the leaves. You put two and two together, and conclude all you’d have to do is follow the bee to its nest in order to find the bear.

Ursaring is so overjoyed at this news that she grasps and crushes you in a great big bear hug, nearly breaking your ribcage. Wheezing, you scarcely manage to order the search party to move out. The four of you start to trail the Combee at a casual pace, careful not to disturb its flight. Eventually you come to a fork, and Combee diverts towards the right. You are about to give chase when Nova flashes again, suggesting something is wrong. It points down the left path, pointing out it senses Teddiursa’s presence in that direction. Broly takes another deep whiff to verify. He does detect a faint scent of honey, and his eyes light up as he also associates it with the mother’s sweetness.

Ursaring doesn’t wait for any further corroboration as she charges straight down the channel, eager to see her cub. Broly barks after her, and looks to you with concern. He happens to hear a buzzing coming from that direction as well, and it doesn’t sound too happy. Alarmed, you give chase after the mother. Very soon the angry drone gets louder until it practically assaults your eardrums.

The three of you bust out into a clearing in the middle of what you were afraid to find: a nest swarming with angry Beedrill. You can spot the mother on the outskirts trying to swat her way through a barrage of bees. In the center, you notice a little brown lump, crying and covered in more swollen bumps. It looks like when Teddiursa got lost it ended up stumbling straight onto this hive instead, and mistook it for a colony of Combee. …Peculiarly, when you peer closer it appears there’s a Weedle wrapped around its battered body in an almost comforting, protective way. For a moment you’re not sure what to make of it.

Meanwhile, most of the Beedrill seem to be occupied with fighting off the largest and latest intruder, so they take no notice of you who have yet to set foot in their territory. However, two suddenly break away from the cloud and dive-bomb back to the Teddiursa’s location, seemingly intent on finishing their first victim off. Ursaring roars with maternal rage but is unable to move past the black-and-yellow barrier blocking her way. Weedle raises its head defensively, but it’s clear it’s no match for its bully brethren. If you don’t do something fast, both Teddiursa and Weedle could soon be toast.

What will you do?
The Psychic powers of Nova sensed the presence of the missing Teddiursa. Broly also sensed a smell of honey in the air which meant that Teddiursa would most likely be nearby. They also heard a distant buzz indicating presence of Bee Pokemon also confirming the presence of honey. Then they also saw a Combee flying towards the same direction and decided to follow it in order to find Teddiursa. "Let's follow the Combee, guys! Looks like we already found it!" Marcelo said excitedly. The Ursaring was excited too and bear-hugged Marcelo. Struggling to breathe, Marcelo said, "Its... Okay.. Ursaring... Let's... go... now...".

They followed the Combee upto a fork where the Combee turned right, but Nova was fairly sure that the Teddiursa was in the left direction. Broly also sensed a smell similar to that of Ursaring's Sweet Scent and confirmed their suspicion. The Ursaring charged ahead down the path in joy, but Broly's ears twitched and Marcelo also heard a faint buzzing sound from the same direction and it sounded like trouble.

They chased after the Ursaring only to find it being surrounded by a swarm of angry Beedrill outside their nest. In the centre of the nest was the poor Teddiursa who looked seriously hurt and was crying. It seemed Teddiursa wanted to go to the Combee nest where the bugs are a lot less aggressive, but got lost and ended up as an intruder in the Beedrill nest. What seemed even more surprising was that a Weedle had wrapped itself around the Teddiursa in a protective way. This was the weirdest thing Marcelo had ever seen! A Pokemon trying to protect another completely unrelated Pokemon, who was also an intruder in the nest, from its own relatives!

But there was no time to think about that as they saw a pair of Beedrill dive towards the Teddiursa and the Weedle aggressively. The Weedle looked ready to defend the Teddiursa, but clearly looked no match for the Beedrill. Marcelo knew had to help. "Broly, Nova, go! Broly, use your Heat Wave on one of them! Nova, use Psychic on the other! Try to drive them away from the Teddiursa!" Marcelo himself sprinted towards the Teddiursa along with the other two. As he got close to the Teddiursa, he asked, "Teddiursa, are you okay? Look, we brought your mama here! There's no need to worry now..." he said with a gasp.
__________________
PASBL
TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles


Cable Club Trading List

Last edited by takkupanda; 06-21-2012 at 04:10 PM.
takkupanda is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #691
Charminions
Your reality is mine
 
Charminions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post
Cloud Forest

Charminions – Though you curse the numerous setbacks overconfidence has led you, it seems you’ve got Carnivine on the ropes now. Or roots, rather. With its resistance lowered, it’s time to pull out all the punches. Apollo answers the booty call by crossing his arms and delivering a fiery chop directly to the inert plant, who screams in something like ecstasy. Gritting its teeth, it bears the intense pain as best it can, unable to go anywhere even if it wanted to. Bound tightly as it is, it’s forced to effectively stand its ground.

From the ground, then, it gains a final bit of strength, powering the GROWTH of its muscles to try and match Apollo’s. It sighs and loosely slips its limbs around its partner, measuring the chicken’s more impressive might. Stroking Apollo’s upper arm, it squeezes here and there and squeals slightly as it marvels at the appendage’s girth. Its tongue flickers out and even licks the length all the way towards Apollo’s head, causing a shudder to go down the chicken’s spine. Barely able to contain its excitement, the Carnivine suddenly reasserts dominance by BINDing down on the bicep, twisting so tight that it cuts off the circulation. Apollo gasps and abruptly goes limp. For the moment, the tables appear to have turned, with Carnivine now on top.

However, having realized the ruse, Apollo is not about to fall for it again. He raises his other claw to cruelly crush the opposition, bashing Carnivine’s head brutally against the bark. Splinters fly everywhere, and a horrid crack sounds. You and your Pokémon take a sort of satisfaction, almost sadistic pleasure, in watching the plant snap instantly back from impact like a punching dummy, impelled by its implants.

Swaying dizzily, the severity of the blow finally dawns on Carnivine as it notices sap oozing from the side of its head. Shocked by this, it all of a sudden bursts into tears, the abuse having at last crossed its tolerance threshold. Crying, it begins to panic as it clings and claws desperately, unfortunately unable to escape. The pitiful plant even gets down on its knees, begging for a break. Apollo only perceives this as a plea for further punishment though and gives the fetal form a callous kick, thinking such a glutton for pain would not give up at this point. Besides, understandably assuming it to be another trap, neither of you would be gullible enough to believe it ever again. Carnivine gulps and clearly dismays upon sensing both your reactions. Despite its genuine display, it seems no amount of struggle or repeated safe words will stop the session now. It signed up for this, now it will get its money’s worth.

In a last-ditch effort, the Carnivine weakly wraps its tethers around Apollo’s other arm in an attempt to WRING OUT the last of his aggression. Apollo winces as the vines dig into his veins, aggravating his bruises from before. However, this doesn’t deter Apollo from delivering the climax. Though both arms are incapacitated, his beak is wide open, and from it erupts a final geyser of flames. They scorch Carnivine’s entire body, and it faints from the heat of exhaustion, falling limp into its lover’s embrace. Their two bodies remain entwined, and for a moment you feel it a fault to break such a beautiful bond.

Apollo anxiously shoots you an askance look, asking you to (better) do something about the uncomfortable figure lying on top of him, and fast. Despite all the disturbance you’ve experienced today, you respect your opponent’s sexual battle prowess enough to try and recruit it. Thus you toss a Pokéball towards the plant, still tangled up in its partner. It successfully apprehends the criminal and, after a brief brawl, finishes the arrest.

Apollo sighs with relief as he fluffs his feathers, finally free of that pest. Remaining on guard, he keeps a wary eye as you approach his attempted rapist’s single-cell prison and pick it up, wondering what exactly you plan to do with your new inmate. (His suggestion: Dispose of it in the sea.)

*Combusken has gained a Level Up for this battle*

*You’ve caught a Lv. 6 Carnivine *

What will your next action be, now that you have a hardened sex offender on your side?
The battle with the crazy sex offending plant has been a tough one as the final act unfolds. Apollo acts as if on cue and charges forward, arms cross and encased in flames. He slams right into the Carnivine, causing the plant to scream in pain as he's not able to escape the pain of the Cross Fire. Hoping to stand up to Apollo, Carnivine takes sucks out more nutrients from the ground for a final burst of Growth. The plant eater then proceeds to admire Apollo's body some more, gripping around him and making Charm and Apollo both feel grossed out. Squeezing, sighing, and even licking Apollo's body, the Combusken shudders before the Carnivine tries another sneaky attack by Binding around Apollo's arm until it goes limp.

Charm stares as the Carnivine begins to make a comeback, "Do it now, Apollo!" he exclaims. Apollo does just so, using his good arm to repeatedly slam Carnivine's face against the tree. Leaves flicker out as Charm and Apollo cruelly see pleasure in the pain of the sex offender who has disturbed them so. The pain is too much for the plant to bare, even begging down on his knees for forgiveness. "Don't fall for it, Apollo!" Charm yells. "Give him his proper justice."

The Carnivine sees that mercy won't be attained for someone like him, and feebly wraps his limbs around Apollo's good arm to Wring it Out. The vines stab into Apollo's veins, worsening the bruises from before. Both arms out for the count, it doesn't stop Apollo from releasing a mighty stream of fire out of his beak. Engulfing the Carnivine in flames before withering out, leaving a scorched body who is too tired to fight. The scorched plant falls right into the arms of Apollo. "Aww what a pretty picture," Charm almost laughs, however most of his joy is coming from the fact that they finally defeated this sexual monster.

Apollo gives a look to Charm, signalling that he is not happy at all to have this Carnivine on top of him. Charm answers the call and notes that such a fighter is deserving to be on their team. He takes out a pokeball from his belt, pressing the button for it to enlarge. Charm feels a bit giddy as he throws the ball at Carnivine, noting that it's the first Pokemon he truly captured from the wild. A bright red beam pokes the Carnivine before absorbing it into the Pokeball. The ball rattles forth for a bit before giving a beep, showing that it's caught.

Apollo gives a sigh of relief as he tends to his injured body. Charm comes forward and picks up the Pokeball, before putting it back in his battle. "No way I'll be sending him out for a while," he says. Apollo gives a smile, happy to be free of the Carnivine for now. "Anyways," Charm says as he approaches Apollo, "you're hurt." He reaches into his bag and pulls out a Potion. "This will sting a little but it will make you feel better," he says, spraying Apollo's arms and other bruised parts. It appears to work as most of the bruises have faded out. "We should take it a little easy for now, after going through such a rough battle. Let's keep moving, but steer clear of any battles for now. Maybe we'll run into something interesting other than wild Pokemon," Charm decides. The duo once again marches further into the forest, already greatly changed after the experiance they went through and awaiting whatever else may come their way.
__________________
Charminions is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #692
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer
 
Mon1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: The Psyduck doesn't waste a second before it takes a deep breath and unleashes a strong stream of water from its mouth with Water Gun attack. Scraggy takes the blast head on sending it back a few feet away from the puddle of water. The now completely soaked Hoodie then stares down the duck, which makes eye contact and freezes the Psyduck temporarily with a Leer. Without delay the Scraggy gets closer and Low Kicks the Psyduck making it fall flat on its side. The sea creature gets up quickly and lowers its head before charging towards Scraggy with a Headbutt. The Psyduck hits Hoodie straight on, making him drop his pants for a second as he is pushed quite hard by the attack before both Pokémon look at each other ready to continue.

What will you do?
OOC: Sorry this took so long. I often forget to check UPN, and I have to save some coins so Hoodie can get some new moves. Untill that happens I'm switching Pokemon

The Psyduck immediately retaliated, and let out a Water Gun from it's mouth. Which completely soaked the Shed Skin Pokemon, and sending it back a few feet. Scraggy fought back with a Leer, followed by a Low Kick. The Water Duck then proceeds to get up, and charge at Hoodie with a Headbutt.

Scott was wondering what to do next. Scraggy was a relatively young Pokemon, and it didn't have many moves at it's disposal. He wasn't sure how long he would last if this battle continued. So, he recalled Hoodie back into his Pokeball, much to Hoodie's displeasure. He was very much enjoying himself. He cursed in Pokemon speech, before disappearing into the ball. He then turned to Shaana, his Munna. "Ok Shaana, your turn. Use Yawn, then defend yourself with Psybeam.
__________________
Banner made by American--Pi

Fizzy Bubbles
Mon1010 is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #693
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #11 (06/22/2012)

Space Path
pengyzu: Taking half a second, with a smile on her face, she quickly responds, "Don't worry about it, I completely understand." She then stares into the distance of the seemingly infinite golden path as she continuous, "The Space Path really does give off that feeling, doesn't it?" She quickly snaps of the trance before inviting you in, "Let's go visit the Pokémon shall we?"

Walking into the house, you see what appears to be sort of a reception hall, with a man, in a red flannel shirt and dark hair which is slightly peppered on the sides, on a computer typing away madly, "Daddyyyyy, I'm home!" the girl says, in a sing song voice, which makes the man quickly look up with a smile on his face, who then rushes to Jenni, picking her up with a big bear hug, failing to notice you, "Jenni! You're home!" He then puts her down before examining her with a worried look on his face, "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Jenni laughs as she answers, "No daddy, I'm fine, just met someone who was interested in the shelter, so I'm going to give him a tour. This is Rey!" He finally seems to notice your presence, and introduces himself, "Hello young man! My name is George, welcome to our Pokémon Shelter! Might I ask what you are doing here?" Jenni quickly interrupts any response possible, quite excitedly, "He's here to explore the Space Path, to investigate the mysteries behind it and find out more about the missing people!" The man laughs quite a bit at the response, while patting his daughters hair, "Not the first time I heard that one before, just be careful out there." he says, with a more serious tone in his voice as he said the last part. "Oh yeah, you came for the tour didn't you? Don't let me keep you! Have things to do myself, so feel free to explore." He says before kissing Jenni's forehead and returning to his desk.

Walking into the back, you really start to notice all the different types of Pokémon. Everything from Abra and Spoink, to Mr. Mime to Solrock, Snubull to Togetics and Electrodes to Electivires. Seems like there is no Pokémon missing in one form or another as Jenni ushers you towards the pool. There you see two Pokémon stand out in particular, a Zweilous and Druddigon, who seem to be sparring, "These are the Pokémon you want to meet, they are a bit rough since they are wild but once you get to know them they are really the sweetest!" as soon she finishes her sentence, you notice a small orange fox approach you cautiously, before stopping near you, "Vul-Vulpix," the little fox mutters, as she eyes you and your floating friend, quite curiously...

How will you respond?

KratosAurion: You decide to challenge the Spoink to battle, with you Spheal right by your side, ready to assist you with the help needed to win the battle and maybe even get a new friend in the process. With the Spoink bouncing around happily, with not a single care in the world, it seems like a rather difficult task in itself for it to notice your challenge, let alone accept it. Your Spheal tries to get its attention failing miserably, until he finally has enough of the piggy's antics and growls loudly, which finally seems to get its attention. The Spoink's demeanor quickly changes, becoming slightly more serious as it finally understands what is wanted from it. The Spoink concentrates a little before releasing a few rings of psychic energy towards Spheal with Psywave, who evades the attack right on time. Looks line this little piggy no longer wants to frolic about with the challenge issued.

How will you respond?


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
Tuner89:
Look back here.

kaisap112: With the sudden realization of a battle challenge from her new found friend, your Skitty wastes no time launching herself forward, ramming into the Shinx with a Fake Out. The Shinx shakes her head before meowing herself and dashing towards Skitty at an unusual speed as it Quick Attacks her fellow feline, sending the Skitty to the ground for a second, who recovers and rams back into Shinx with a Tackle of her own. The Shinx tries to hold her ground but is pushed back similarly to the way Skitty was a second ago. Shinx begins to Howl, raising her attack slightly, as both Pokémon look at each other, who now appear to have some sort of rivalry growing with both being evenly matched in terms of power, ready for the next round.

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: Look back here.


Nagasaki: The ranger nods before gathering everything necessary for your investigation of the area. A few minutes pass before the ranger comes out of the cabin with a rather large backpack. "I'm ready, let's go!"

After about an hour of walking towards the burnt area, you finally sense a change in the air, what was once the smell and feel of fresh air and nature is overpowered by the smell of charcoal and smoke. You then start to notice ahead, what at one point possibly resembled the rest of the forest with big green trees and bushes with vibrant flowers all around, is now a shadow of what it once was. You see burn tree stumps and remains of the burned shrubbery all around, as well as fallen trees and broken branches all around. "This is where the first and second fires started," the ranger says, with a quite serious and upset tone, "The first time the fire started we thought it was just an accident, but when the fire started again right next to the same spot we knew it was deliberate, no way could this happen twice, not so close so soon by accident..." he clears his throat before continuing, "I'll go take a look around," The Glameow seems to have the same idea as it heads off into the burnt section of the forest.

You walk around the area for a while, searching for anything that might help you out to find the person, people or thing responsible, only find nothing out of the ordinary, but the remains of the forest. The Glameow walks back to you as well, with nothing to report. "Well it looks like there is nothing here that can help us for now." it seems like a somber response is all the ranger can currently provide after the investigation of this particular area. "I think we should move on to the next area, unless you have any suggestions."

What would you like to do now?

Thrain: Your fiery pup barks with confidence as you finish giving him instructions on how to approach the mean little flower. A loud Roar is heard almost instantly, which makes the Bellsprout stop laughing, and unnerving it a little. It backs down a little before releasing a cloud of purple particles with Poisonpowder, towards Blaze, who tries to escape the attack but is unable to move fast enough to evade it completely, poisoning the pup to a small degree. Blaze jumps forward towards the Bellsprout, and Bites the right leaf (arm?) of the Bellsprout. The plant winces as the pups fangs connect with its body, retaliating with a few Vine Whip across Growlithe's head, making the pup release his jaw and back down a little. Both Pokémon look on, ready to continue the fight with the poison slowly taking a small sliver of health for the round.

What will you do now?


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: You decide to switch to a more battle ready Pokémon, Munna, who quickly takes up to the battle. She begins by Yawning loudly, and producing bubbles that make their way to the Psyduck, popping as soon as they make contact. The yellow duck seems to be getting slightly drowsy as it jumps towards Shaana, slashing her with a Scratch which makes her back down slightly with the sting of the attack. Shaana retaliates by concentrating and sending a few waves of psychic energy with a Psywave. The Psyduck looks quite discomforted by the attack, responding with another stream of water from its mouth, with a Water Gun. The Munna gets pushed back slightly and shakes off the water from the attack. Both Pokémon still look quite ready to fight with Psyduck becoming sleepier by the second...

What will you do now?

Last edited by Itzatrap; 06-22-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #694
KratosAurion
Soul Badge
 
KratosAurion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Comet Observatory.
Posts: 1,060
Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
KratosAurion: You decide to challenge the Spoink to battle, with you Spheal right by your side, ready to assist you with the help needed to win the battle and maybe even get a new friend in the process. With the Spoink bouncing around happily, with not a single care in the world, it seems like a rather difficult task in itself for it to notice your challenge, let alone accept it. Your Spheal tries to get its attention failing miserably, until he finally has enough of the piggy's antics and growls loudly, which finally seems to get its attention. The Spoink's demeanor quickly changes, becoming slightly more serious as it finally understands what is wanted from it. The Spoink concentrates a little before releasing a few rings of psychic energy towards Spheal with Psywave, who evades the attack right on time. Looks line this little piggy no longer wants to frolic about with the challenge issued.

How will you respond?
"Finally, a Wild Pokemon!" Was the thought that ran cross our Trainer's mind as he saw the Spoink bouncing in such a carefree manner around the Sapce Path. Quickly enough, our Trainer commanded to his trusty Spheal to let out a rousing call for the Spoink's attention, as he wished to annex him to his Team and have yet another companion on his journey across Fizzy Bubbles. However, the Spoink's intentions were perhaps a bit too different, as not only did it ignore Hilde, but it also maintained his antics as he kept bouncing about happily. Obviously frustrated, both Trainer and Pokemon, a few minutes of bouncing was all it took for Hilde to let out yet another rousing call to Battle, which the Spoink finally answered to by releasing a Psywave targetted towards the valiant Spheal. Quick to roll, she easily avoided the incoming psychokinetic wave, and prepared herself for the upcoming Battle.

"OK Hilde, here is the game plan..." He said, as he briefly paused for a moment and closed his eyes. Indeed, he could already picture the ending, much like he had done all those years back at the Academy in Fendel under the Captain's orders. "Let us begin with a classic, my dear. Water Gun to soak him to the bone! Fire a second Water Gun to further secure our advantage! Finish with a Powder Snow to lock him down in a deep freeze!". As he declared his orders, he remembered the weather of the Winterlands that were his hometown, and thought on how nature herself had given him the key to victory. Prepared for whatever would happen next, he gazed upon the star ocean, watching the countless starts flicker and shine with brilliant light. Shortly afterwards, after this brief rest of his mind, he saw his Spheal once more, and smiled confidently, showing his determination to win, and his trust on his partner.
__________________
[竜]

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 06-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.
KratosAurion is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #695
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: Taking half a second, with a smile on her face, she quickly responds, "Don't worry about it, I completely understand." She then stares into the distance of the seemingly infinite golden path as she continuous, "The Space Path really does give off that feeling, doesn't it?" She quickly snaps of the trance before inviting you in, "Let's go visit the Pokémon shall we?"

Walking into the house, you see what appears to be sort of a reception hall, with a man, in a red flannel shirt and dark hair which is slightly peppered on the sides, on a computer typing away madly, "Daddyyyyy, I'm home!" the girl says, in a sing song voice, which makes the man quickly look up with a smile on his face, who then rushes to Jenni, picking her up with a big bear hug, failing to notice you, "Jenni! You're home!" He then puts her down before examining her with a worried look on his face, "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Jenni laughs as she answers, "No daddy, I'm fine, just met someone who was interested in the shelter, so I'm going to give him a tour. This is Rey!" He finally seems to notice your presence, and introduces himself, "Hello young man! My name is George, welcome to our Pokémon Shelter! Might I ask what you are doing here?" Jenni quickly interrupts any response possible, quite excitedly, "He's here to explore the Space Path, to investigate the mysteries behind it and find out more about the missing people!" The man laughs quite a bit at the response, while patting his daughters hair, "Not the first time I heard that one before, just be careful out there." he says, with a more serious tone in his voice as he said the last part. "Oh yeah, you came for the tour didn't you? Don't let me keep you! Have things to do myself, so feel free to explore." He says before kissing Jenni's forehead and returning to his desk.

Walking into the back, you really start to notice all the different types of Pokémon. Everything from Abra and Spoink, to Mr. Mime to Solrock, Snubull to Togetics and Electrodes to Electivires. Seems like there is no Pokémon missing in one form or another as Jenni ushers you towards the pool. There you see two Pokémon stand out in particular, a Zweilous and Druddigon, who seem to be sparring, "These are the Pokémon you want to meet, they are a bit rough since they are wild but once you get to know them they are really the sweetest!" as soon she finishes her sentence, you notice a small orange fox approach you cautiously, before stopping near you, "Vul-Vulpix," the little fox mutters, as she eyes you and your floating friend, quite curiously...

How will you respond?
"Don't worry about it, I completely understand," she quickly replied with a smile on her face. She then stares into the distance of the seemingly infinite golden path as she continuous, "The Space Path really does give off that feeling, doesn't it?"

"Yeah... it does..." Rey said with a worried tune. Jenni snaps out of the trance and aims to make things cheery once again ."Let's go visit the Pokémon shall we?" Rey's response is a simper on his young face. "I would love to. Lead the way, 'ol chap!" he laughed.

Inside the house Rey feels a sudden change in atmosphere, the cold grip on the heart by the Space Path has melted away into feelings of warmth and comfort. It was a no brainer that the Pokemon were attracted to this place. A man with a red shirt and dark hair is seen typing away behind the counter. The room looks like it's a reception hall, built in the way that it makes the guests at home.

("That must be her dad. He looks busy, maybe I shouldn't have barged in... Oh... and this room... I wonder if there are other guests aside from me.")

"Daddyyyyy, I'm home!" the girl says, in a sing song voice, which makes the man quickly look up with a smile on his face, who then rushes to Jenni, picking her up with a big bear hug, failing to notice the young lad beside her, "Jenni! You're home!" He puts her down, putting on a solicitous face. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Jenni laughs as she answers, "No daddy, I'm fine, just met someone who was interested in the shelter, so I'm going to give him a tour. This is Rey!" The lad turns sheepish as the girl introduces him. His face is flushing as her father examines him.

"Hello young man! My name is George, welcome to our Pokémon Shelter! Might I ask what you are doing here?"

"Uh, sir I-"

Jenni cuts him off quite excitedly, "He's here to explore the Space Path, to investigate the mysteries behind it and find out more about the missing people!"

George laughs heartily while patting his daughter's hair. "Not the first time I heard that one before, just be careful out there." he says, with a more serious tone in his voice as he said the last part.

"I will sir. I have a lot of trusty Pokemon to help me with that, I believe. Well... uh, they a-aren't just my Pokemon, they are my friends..." replied Rey.

"Oh yeah, you came for the tour didn't you? Don't let me keep you! Have things to do myself, so feel free to explore." He says before kissing Jenni's forehead and returning to his desk.

"Thank you, sir, for giving me the privilege of having a tour here." he says before being dragged off by Jenni.

As soon as they reach the back of the lot, Rey's pupils dilate as the plentiful amount of wild Pokemon hogs his eyesight. Most of these Pokemon are playing with each other but some are doing their own thing. One couple stands out from the rest as it looks like a sparring session is happening.

"These are the Pokémon you want to meet, they are a bit rough since they are wild but once you get to know them they are really the sweetest!" says Jenni. "I understand... They're pretty cool but they are quite intimidating. Wow Jenni... when you said this place had a lot of 'mon. You meant a LOT of 'mon! Just wow..."

Just then, Rey shifts his focus to a single Pokemon, coming closer taking a nice look at Rey and his floating friend. It comes closer cautiously before stopping near him. "Vul-Vulpix."

"Oh hey, little guy." The lad bends down to see him at his eye level. "Aren't you just adorable. Don't worry, I won't harm you. I won't harm anyone here. I'm here to enjoy the sights of Pokemon like you. Don't be scared. This is my friend Allon, we came here to find new friends and some adventure." He reaches in his bag to get one Magost Berry [x]. He offers it to the Pokemon wholeheartedly before continuing. "Would you want to battle me little fox? I'd love to have you on my team," he asked softly.
__________________
pengyzu is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 05:52 AM   #696
kaisap112
Volcano Badge
 
kaisap112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Stardust Fields

kaisap112: With the sudden realization of a battle challenge from her new found friend, your Skitty wastes no time launching herself forward, ramming into the Shinx with a Fake Out. The Shinx shakes her head before meowing herself and dashing towards Skitty at an unusual speed as it Quick Attacks her fellow feline, sending the Skitty to the ground for a second, who recovers and rams back into Shinx with a Tackle of her own. The Shinx tries to hold her ground but is pushed back similarly to the way Skitty was a second ago. Shinx begins to Howl, raising her attack slightly, as both Pokémon look at each other, who now appear to have some sort of rivalry growing with both being evenly matched in terms of power, ready for the next round.

What will you do now?
Skitty made her move, striking Shinx with a Take Out, making the opponent shake her head in confusion. Shinx made a loud meowing noise, excited about battling, right before dashing at Skitty with a very well-executed Quick Attack; Skitty slammed to the ground for a mere second, quickly getting up and retaliating with a powerful Tackle. With a loud meow Shinx slammed to the ground, equally if not with more force than Skitty just before. Noriko almost forgot to breathe while watching the battle, not having seen Skitty fight like this without some serious, usually infuriating, provocation. “With some training Skitty could become a pretty powerful opponent in battles,” Noriko thought to herself, proud of her partner.

Shinx was getting up from the ground, eyes gleaming happily in the face of such a challenge. Skitty was hissing in a manner that made Noriko translate it as “bring it on”. Shinx raised her head and started Howling. This raised her attack power, but the two Pokémon were still fairly equally matched in power. Noriko ran through Skitty’s move pool in her head again, trying to think of a strategy.

“Skitty, first use Tail Whip to drop Shinx’s defense, then Tackle and Tackle again!” Noriko intended to end the match as fast as possible, before Shinx had a chance to get the upper hand.


OOC: Itzatrap, could you please let me know what Shinx’s gender actually is, since I somehow got the impression Shinx is male but you write Shinx as a female? Sorry if this was mentioned before and I just missed it.
__________________
kaisap112 is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 AM   #697
MarbleZone
Soul Badge
 
MarbleZone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post

Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: The Growlithe looks at you, rather excited, and jumps on you with it it's front paws trying to lick you, before getting down on its four legs and darting off into the forest, with you following behind. The pup makes sure that you are following it by looking behind every few seconds and waiting for you to catch up before continuing. The fiery pup starts to bark loudly, after what seemed the longest distance you've ever run in that short amount of time, and you start to hear something moaning, as the pup comes to a full stop when it reaches what appears to be a hole in the ground. "Ruby, is that you?" a rather weak voice says as the Growlithe starts to whine and bark once again before looking down the hole and looking back at you. You inch closer towards the hole and see that about 10-15 feet down, there is someone there. "Please help me! They are going to get away!" the person says, a little louder than before...

What will you do?

"Ruby, is that you?"

The voice echoed from somewhere Levin couldn't exactly pinpoint. It was still dark; he didn't know what time it was, but the sun didn't seem interested in showing up.
Treading carefully, he stopped next to the Growlithe, who had starting barking loudly without moving. Falling to one knee, he finally realized they were directly in front of a large and, more importantly, deep hole in the ground. Somebody was trapped inside!

He leaned forward and shouted:

- Hey! Are you okay?! How did you get in there?

He couldn't really tell how deep it was, but anybody falling inside could end up seriously injured.

"Please help me! They are going to get away!"

Levin was taken aback by the response. There was a guy in a hole simultaneously asking for help and telling him to chase down somebody? Prioritize, dammit...

- Are you hurt? Who are "they"? Tell me what happened!

He didn't have any means to get the person out of there: no Flying-Types, no Pokémon with Vine Whip... Bringing him out of the hole was not an option, at least for now. All he could do at the moment was clarify the situation and try to help out in some other way.
__________________
MarbleZone is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #698
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge
 
Itzatrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 2,089
Update #12 (06/25/2012)

Just an old note for my new updatees: You should consider teaching your Pokémon a few moves with the Move Tutor, or TM's, or raise your Pokémon for level up moves, Training Centre, etc. for a few moves, as they make the battle easier as well as strategizing your attacks. This includes combining defensive moves with attack moves. Again, this is not necessary for now since you are starting out but it makes battles easier and you should win most of the time if you take that into account in the future.

Space Path
pengyzu: The Vulpix looks at the berry suspiciously before sniffing it and taking a small bite. The small creature seems delighted by the taste, as it takes the rest of it and happily eats it. It then looks at you and Allon, and yawns slightly after the light snack. After stretching for a few seconds it finally seems to have decided on your offer as it starts to growl as she looks at you and Allon, ready to test your skill to see if you are a worthy enough trainer for it. "Look like we are going to have to take this to the front of the house, since it seems like Vulpix wants to have a good match with you, and it is too crowded to have a full-on Pokémon match here." Vulpix seems to understand Jenni's concern as she scoops up the Vulpix and leads you and Allon to the front of the shelter.

Jenni puts the Vulpix down in the golden path outside the shelter, and the cute critter prepares itself as you and Allon take the opposite side. It seems to be waiting for you to start the match...

How will you respond?

KratosAurion: Hilde sees, and feels, your confidence as the match starts. She releases a stream of water from her mouth towards the Spoink, hitting it right on its face. The Spoink is soaked and thrown back by the Water Gun, but it wastes not a second before springing towards your cute, round, and slightly blubbery, companion, hitting her with a Headbutt which seems to make the Spheal wince as she is hit. Hilde releases another stream of Water Gun towards the Spoink, who barely dodges the second stream, as it then releases it's own form of a psychic Water Gun, as it once again sends waves of psychic energy in the form of rings with a Psywave. Hilde gets struck by the attack and tries to fight it before rolling back a few times as she is overpowered by the waves' intensity. She quickly recovers from the attack as she sends a small blizzard from her mouth towards the psychic piggy, covering it in snow with Powder Snow. Spoink shakes off the snow, and shivers a little before appearing ready once again.

What will you do now?


Rose Arch
Shuckle: Look back here.


Stardust Fields
kaisap112:
(For now the Shinx is genderless, once it is caught the gender is decided so please ignore any mistakes with pronouns for it in the past updates, sorry about that) Both kitties look on confidently, as the next round starts, with Shinx making the first move this time as it Leers at Skitty, slightly intimidating her and dropping her defense a little. Breaking from the eye contact the Shinx took advantage of, the pink cat jumps towards the electrical kitty, Tail Whipping it and hitting it for light damage and lowering her defense as well. With it's pride on the line, the Shinx acts quickly as she dashes towards Skitty and ramming into her with a Take Down, effectively throwing her into the side but also taking recoil damage from the attack. Your resilient feline gets up and Tackles her fellow kitty, whose legs fail it as it tries to evade the attack, and it is pushed by the attack. Skitty tries to Tackle the Shinx once again but misses as it moves to the side right as the attack was about to connect. Both Pokémon still look just as determined and very able to continue the fight...

What will you do now?


Cloud Forest
MarbleZone: "A girl challenged me to a battle and someone suddenly attacked me from behind," the person seems to trying to control the desperation in his voice, as your vision seem to gradually adjust itself as you look down into the hole revealing what appears to be a young man, "then they took all my Pokéballs from my belt and threw me down here." You then hear him yelp before continuing, "I think my ankle is injured since it really hurts, and I can't get up. Please you have to get me out of here! If you don't have a rope, I think I may have an Escape Rope in my backpack but I'm not sure if they stole my bag as well, shouldn't be hard to find if it is still nearby with Ruby. Please hurry!" the Growlithe looks at you ready to help you find the bag if necessary, whining slightly with her trainer still being in danger.

How will you respond?

Nagasaki: Look back here.

Thrain: Look back here.


The Fountain Garden
Mon1010: Look back here.
Itzatrap is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #699
Nagasaki
Cascade Badge
 
Nagasaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere...
Posts: 271
Send a message via Yahoo to Nagasaki Send a message via Skype™ to Nagasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Cloud Forest
Nagasaki: The ranger nods before gathering everything necessary for your investigation of the area. A few minutes pass before the ranger comes out of the cabin with a rather large backpack. "I'm ready, let's go!"

After about an hour of walking towards the burnt area, you finally sense a change in the air, what was once the smell and feel of fresh air and nature is overpowered by the smell of charcoal and smoke. You then start to notice ahead, what at one point possibly resembled the rest of the forest with big green trees and bushes with vibrant flowers all around, is now a shadow of what it once was. You see burn tree stumps and remains of the burned shrubbery all around, as well as fallen trees and broken branches all around. "This is where the first and second fires started," the ranger says, with a quite serious and upset tone, "The first time the fire started we thought it was just an accident, but when the fire started again right next to the same spot we knew it was deliberate, no way could this happen twice, not so close so soon by accident..." he clears his throat before continuing, "I'll go take a look around," The Glameow seems to have the same idea as it heads off into the burnt section of the forest.

You walk around the area for a while, searching for anything that might help you out to find the person, people or thing responsible, only find nothing out of the ordinary, but the remains of the forest. The Glameow walks back to you as well, with nothing to report. "Well it looks like there is nothing here that can help us for now." it seems like a somber response is all the ranger can currently provide after the investigation of this particular area. "I think we should move on to the next area, unless you have any suggestions."

What would you like to do now?
"I guess we forgot something important within the area..." Says Mr. Kishimoto. "I have thought of an idea. We will investigate all burnt areas before the sun sets in chronological order: from the first one burnt to the last. Same strategy as before. I will also ask the nearby Pokemon Centers as the nurses there might have information. Peter, please find anything in the areas. Suspicious footprints, fingerprints, even left items as well. And also, please cut at least three to five specimens of burnt trees in every area, and secure it in a little container as well, as we will analyze these later. Glameow might help you there. Glameow, please try to smell the whole area for possible scents of irregulariy, such as kerosene or explosive powder scents. If we cannot find enough information today, all we need to do is to call all rangers in every post for a meeting. My plan is to scatter through the whole forest, wait for the event to recur, then respond quickly to find out the culprit. I suggest that we should wait in high areas such as a lookout post, or the Pokemon Center, as those places can be possible evacuation centers."
With the firm and focused mindset of Nagasaki, he is still thinking of possible suspects in his mind. "Everyone of them might be the suspect. It is also possible that another person does this. But, how if it's another member of the Phoenix Clan? I know it's hard to fight someone with the same bloodline, but using fire for destruction instead of lighting is a major offense in the clan's code of conduct. If the culprit is a member of the clan, I'll crush him... I will show no mercy!" As the group sees Nagasaki's fists closed...
Nagasaki is offline  
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #700
pengyzu
heiir of liife
 
pengyzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Land of Lilypads and Lightning
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via Skype™ to pengyzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzatrap View Post
Space Path
pengyzu: The Vulpix looks at the berry suspiciously before sniffing it and taking a small bite. The small creature seems delighted by the taste, as it takes the rest of it and happily eats it. It then looks at you and Allon, and yawns slightly after the light snack. After stretching for a few seconds it finally seems to have decided on your offer as it starts to growl as she looks at you and Allon, ready to test your skill to see if you are a worthy enough trainer for it. "Look like we are going to have to take this to the front of the house, since it seems like Vulpix wants to have a good match with you, and it is too crowded to have a full-on Pokémon match here." Vulpix seems to understand Jenni's concern as she scoops up the Vulpix and leads you and Allon to the front of the shelter.

Jenni puts the Vulpix down in the golden path outside the shelter, and the cute critter prepares itself as you and Allon take the opposite side. It seems to be waiting for you to start the match...

How will you respond?
The little fox sniffs the gift before taking a nip out of it. It seems to love the taste as it happily gobbles up the remaining berry. It lets loose a big yawn of contentment after the snack. It does a few more stretches before starting to growl playfully at Rey.

"Oh! Excellent! I'll prove to you that I am worthy of being your trainer!"

Jenni cuts him off playfully, "looks like we are going to have to take this to the front of the house, since it seems like Vulpix wants to have a good match with you, and it is too crowded to have a full-on Pokémon match here."

"That will do for me! I'm looking forward to our match little Vulpix! I won't be going easy on you!"

Jenni picks up the red fox and heads off to the front of the shelter with Rey and Allon following her. Allon sparks with excitement and the feeling of its trainer is no different. Rey's eyes fill with determination in order to catch this fire type. He rushes to the playing field almost tripping along the way. Perhaps this little Vulpix can brighten up Rey's world.

Vulpix is freed and immediately goes over to one side of the field. Allon positions himself on the opposite side ready for combat. "Allon! I know we might be at a type disadvantage, but all you have to do is believe in yourself! We can do this!" The Magnemite whirs around its spot before Rey continues his speech. "If we want to win this, we have to play safe and strategically. Let's start things off with a Supersonic. Its big ears should magnify the attack even by a bit! If it's confused, blast it with Thunder; if not, let's do more ear damage with a Sonicboom! Either way, end it with a Metal Sound!" says Rey with conviction.
pengyzu is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.