UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 06:02 AM   #176
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,254
I am the shadow on the wall, I'll be the one to save us all

Jonouchi ~ Daniel and Maude hugged their son tight to their frames, almost crushing the poor boy; overwhelmed by relief at his uninjured state. They turn to you and thank you profusely for your actions and that of your pokemon and look for your companion to thank her. You ask them how to calm down the Rapidash Chloe had ran after and they seemed shocked by your question. Daniel runs around the charred caravan and sees that only one Rapidash remains whinnying pitifully. Spying the other a few hundred metres away he gasps at its frantic state, bucking wildly whilst a young girl and her Skitty try to soothe it whilst avoiding its hard hooves.

"Oh dear, this situation keeps getting worse I fear," he mumbles to himself with a hint of sadness lacing his voice before he jogs over to you.

"Honey gets spooked very easily and all of this commotion combined with the sudden bad weather has really gotten her frightened." He says referring to the escaped Rapidash. "Usually her sister Caramel would help to calm her nerves but she's in no fit state to right now, her nerves are about shot too."

You look between the two caravans to see William and Maude trying to reassure Caramel now that most of the fire had died down. Your pokemon continuing their watery attacks had nearly extinguished all the fires with only blackened wood and billows of smoke evidence that there was one.

"We'll need Honey to pull the caravan back to Laramie Ranch so I can't use the tranquilizer gun we keep in case of emergencies. I think, yes, maybe a battle would tire her out and then we'll be able to get close and properly calm her down. She's a tough fighter though and my only pokemon is worn out from putting out the fires," he says referring to the Psyduck sat on the ground trying to regain some energy. "Would you be willing to help us once more?" he asks of you knowing that you had already done so much for them.

Chloe and Hannah had come to the same conclusion that Daniel had and were trying to engage Honey in battle but with an overwhelming size difference and strength difference they wouldn't last long. Mizuya and Kaio had now extinguished all the fires but were looking completely drained from the constant water attacks they used. You hear a cry of pain as Hannah is struck with a hard Stomp flattening her to the ground as Chloe looks torn on whether to approach her pokemon or not knowing that she could be attacked too. If you are going to help it better be soon because Honey looks ready to bolt.
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #177
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge
 
Jonouchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Under your bed at night
Posts: 218
Re: I am the shadow on the wall, I'll be the one to save us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Jonouchi ~ Daniel and Maude hugged their son tight to their frames, almost crushing the poor boy; overwhelmed by relief at his uninjured state. They turn to you and thank you profusely for your actions and that of your pokemon and look for your companion to thank her. You ask them how to calm down the Rapidash Chloe had ran after and they seemed shocked by your question. Daniel runs around the charred caravan and sees that only one Rapidash remains whinnying pitifully. Spying the other a few hundred metres away he gasps at its frantic state, bucking wildly whilst a young girl and her Skitty try to soothe it whilst avoiding its hard hooves.

"Oh dear, this situation keeps getting worse I fear," he mumbles to himself with a hint of sadness lacing his voice before he jogs over to you.

"Honey gets spooked very easily and all of this commotion combined with the sudden bad weather has really gotten her frightened." He says referring to the escaped Rapidash. "Usually her sister Caramel would help to calm her nerves but she's in no fit state to right now, her nerves are about shot too."

You look between the two caravans to see William and Maude trying to reassure Caramel now that most of the fire had died down. Your pokemon continuing their watery attacks had nearly extinguished all the fires with only blackened wood and billows of smoke evidence that there was one.

"We'll need Honey to pull the caravan back to Laramie Ranch so I can't use the tranquilizer gun we keep in case of emergencies. I think, yes, maybe a battle would tire her out and then we'll be able to get close and properly calm her down. She's a tough fighter though and my only pokemon is worn out from putting out the fires," he says referring to the Psyduck sat on the ground trying to regain some energy. "Would you be willing to help us once more?" he asks of you knowing that you had already done so much for them.

Chloe and Hannah had come to the same conclusion that Daniel had and were trying to engage Honey in battle but with an overwhelming size difference and strength difference they wouldn't last long. Mizuya and Kaio had now extinguished all the fires but were looking completely drained from the constant water attacks they used. You hear a cry of pain as Hannah is struck with a hard Stomp flattening her to the ground as Chloe looks torn on whether to approach her pokemon or not knowing that she could be attacked too. If you are going to help it better be soon because Honey looks ready to bolt.
Ricco watches Hannah get injured by Honey, the Rapidash, leaving him in need to assist her. After all, he was ready to protect both of them at all costs. Ricco, first calls Swampert and Poliwhirl over, leaving them to walk with whatever energy they had as Ricco takes out a Pokeball, ready to call Mizuya back.

"Kaio, you're amazing." Ricco said. "Return."

Kaio gets engulfed in a red beam that sucks him back into the Pokeball. Ricco was a little nervous about his plan, but he had to calm that Rapidash down quickly.

"Mizuya, I know you're worn out, but I need your help for one last job. Are you up for it?"

Mizuya nods, ready to battle till the bitter end. The two run over to the bucking Rapidash, ready to stop it.

"I want you to be careful with this. When you get a good shot, get that Rapidash with a Hypnosis attack! That'll hopefully put it to sleep. Try again if you miss."

Ricco looks at Chloe, wishing she wasn't involved in something this dangerous.

"Chloe, I know you want to help, but I need to ask you and Hannah to help the people from the caravan, just to make sure they're all right. Just leave this to me I have everything under control."

Ricco hoped that Chloe would listen to his words, because that Rapiash wasn't ready to be calm right now. If anything went wrong, he would have Tori to back him up, but for now, it doesn't seem likely.
__________________
Ricco's Crew: Fizzy Bubbles

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Jonouchi is offline  
Old 11-20-2007, 07:33 AM   #178
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Lee-san: Najid nods, Howling loudly, both of your Pokemon readying themselves for this round. Nuray zips out of sight, while Najid lunges with terrifying speed, but the Beedrill aren't about to just stand there. The one Nuray is targeting splits into three with a Double Team, Nuray taking out one of the clones. Najid, however, has more success, snatching hold of the injured Beedrill's right wing, and with a horrible tearing sound, Najid spits out the wing in his mouth, and the Beedrill drops to the ground, immobilized.

The other Beedrill, however, seem pretty pissed, and Nuray senses this, splitting into four with a Double Team. Both remaining Beedrill swarm at Nuray, taking out all three clones and bombarding the real Nuray with a barrage of Twineedles. With a scream of pain, Nuray collapses to the ground, KO'ed.

Najid is now left alone to face two Beedrill, against two almost uninjured Beedrill, who seem to be panting slightly. Najid's stats haven't changed much though.

Two rounds til Saria awakens. Hang in there!
"No, Nuray!" Lee cried out as he watched his Pokemon collapse on the ground after being assaulted by the Beedrills, battered and beaten. He quickly took Nuray's Pokeball out and returned the Electric type to it, the red beam putting the Jolteon into safety. As the red-and-white ball rested in his hands, Lee looked at it and murmured
"Sorry buddy, I should have made you retreat when you were hurt in the first place..you'll be nurses back to full health soon, I promise, but first I've gotta get this over with.."
This whole journey to Elyra was slowly turning into quite a horror trip..first Mekhet was beat up by that extremely strong guy, then Guts was badly poisoned, and now Nuray was hurt..Lee could definately use a break but, well, looks like that wasn't gonna happen any time soon. Looking up from Nuray's Pokeball to Najid, Lee knew that he had to give commands fast so that this battle was gonna be over rather sooner than later. It was two-on-one, but Najid was strong and he had the type advantage..Lee knew he could make it - and even if Najid didn't win, at least he'd able to buy them some more time..
"Alright Najid, you're on your own now, but you can do it, I believe in you! Dodge any attacks coming your way with Agility, and roast those Beedrills with your Heat Wave and Flamethrower!"
Lee hoped that this was gonna be enough for now..he looked down on the sleeping girl, Saria, and wondered what exactly her role in all of this was - they didn't exactly get the chance to have a good conversation yet. Once they were out of trouble, he definately wanted to ask her some questions..
__________________
FB Info
Lee-san is offline  
Old 11-23-2007, 05:10 AM   #179
Joshua
Rainbow Badge
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 972
Re: The Twilight Realm

Dream Breaker: Excited at the prospect of prizes, you and Arioran follow the sign that seems to point in the direction of the Inferno Royale. After walking for a few minutes, a huge burst of fire erupts from behind some nearby shrubs, and you head in that direction.

Upon emerging from said shrubbery, you find yourself staring at a large rocky battlefield, and notice a bunch of people congregating over the other side. Heading round, you find a young women, perhaps in her early twenties, sitting behind a small table, with a pile of clipboards.

Upon noticing you, she smiles and waves you over. "Interested in the Inferno Royale, are we?" she asks, noticing Arioran. You reply with an affirmative, and she claps her hands in delight. "Perfect, the last contestant. Now, if I can get you to fill out this form, we'll be all set to start." She hands you a form, and darts off to parts unknown. Looking at the form, you notice several questions in regards to your Pokemon.

((Note: Since I'm lazy, I'm not going to do a huge questionnaire for you to fill out. Simply post Arioran's current stats at the end of your reply, please.))

Looking around as you fill out the form, you notice two participants step up to the battlefield, presumably the first two. You notice a scoreboard with eight pictures, which tells you there are eight people in this tournament, but you can't make out much more from this distance. You watch, however, as the first trainer, a young girl with bubblegum pink pigtails, unleashes a Quilava, which swiftly deals with her opponent, a young boy and his Torchic.

Your response?

Dragon11: Deciding to try a leap of faith, you clutch hold of the Flying crystal, keeping your Pokemon ready as a back-up plan. You place your foot gently down-

- And plummet into the fiery lake. You are dead.

Nah, I'm kidding. Your foot connects with something solid, yet invisible, and with a burst of wind from the Flying crystal, the room erupts with howling winds, and you close your eyes and hold up your arms in front of your face to brace yourself.

When you open them, the Flying crystal is hovering in front of you, and the room itself has changed. The chasm and its flames are gone, and you now stand on flat ground, a tiled arena, it seems. Through the door on the other side struts a triplicate of Kecleon, one blue, one yellow, one red. Each looks rather angry and ready to fight.

Words begin to write themselves in front of your face again, and you read out loud:

"Knowledge, wits and courage three
Tests conquered, but we've yet to see
The final piece of soul's true light
Show your strength and win this fight!"


Seems simple enough, doesn't it? Your response?

[Dootakun]: (You have three hungry kitties eying you for dinner. I'm not gonna complain if you want a fair fight to defend yourself. )

Unleashing Assustador and Hades to 'remove you from the menu', all three Persian seem rather unhappy about having to fight for their meal. Hades is up first, unleashing a volley of flames straight at the centre Persian, the damp cat not swift enough to dodge the attack, getting a tad roasted for its trouble.

Assustador is next, his Double Team causing three doppelgangers of the crimson Scizor to shimmer into existence. This is enough to scare off one of the Persians, who goes scampering off into the rain, but the other two will not be scared so easily, both kitties leaping in for a Slash attack, Hades countering with a Shadow Claw which results in damage to both the Persian and Hades, and the main Persian (the singed one) goes straight through one of Assustador's clones. The Scizor promptly responds with an Aerial Ace, his clones fading alongside him as he smacks into the singed Persian.

There are two Persian left, one is singed from Hades' Flamethrower, but not actually burnt, and it has taken some damage. The other one has taken only minor damage.

Hades has taken a small amount of damage, and used some energy. Assustador has taken no damage, but used the most energy so far.

Your response?

Lee-san: Najid starts this round on the defensive, readying himself for any attacks that come his way, and his patience is soon rewarded as both Beedrill rush in for a Twineedle, the Arcanine's speed far too much for the Beedrill, who miss by a mile.

Najid swings into action, unleashing a devastating Heat Wave over both Beedrill, followed by a Flamethrower. One Beedrill is quick enough to dodge the flames, but the second is charred badly, a huge burn across its abdomen.

The burnt one hovers in the air, not moving much, but the last Beedrill rushes in while Najid is distracted, and strikes him in the side with a powerful Fury Attack for some heavy damage. Najid leaps away, but looks pretty beat up at the moment.

One Beedrill is currently not far from being KO'ed, its simply hanging in the air. The other one is still at about half health, and angry.

Najid has taken some heavy damage this round, and his energy reserves are starting to run low as well.

One round left until Saria awakens. You can do it!
Joshua is offline  
Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #180
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?
 
Deebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: KY
Posts: 1,867
Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Dream Breaker: Excited at the prospect of prizes, you and Arioran follow the sign that seems to point in the direction of the Inferno Royale. After walking for a few minutes, a huge burst of fire erupts from behind some nearby shrubs, and you head in that direction.

Upon emerging from said shrubbery, you find yourself staring at a large rocky battlefield, and notice a bunch of people congregating over the other side. Heading round, you find a young women, perhaps in her early twenties, sitting behind a small table, with a pile of clipboards.

Upon noticing you, she smiles and waves you over. "Interested in the Inferno Royale, are we?" she asks, noticing Arioran. You reply with an affirmative, and she claps her hands in delight. "Perfect, the last contestant. Now, if I can get you to fill out this form, we'll be all set to start." She hands you a form, and darts off to parts unknown. Looking at the form, you notice several questions in regards to your Pokemon.

((Note: Since I'm lazy, I'm not going to do a huge questionnaire for you to fill out. Simply post Arioran's current stats at the end of your reply, please.))

Looking around as you fill out the form, you notice two participants step up to the battlefield, presumably the first two. You notice a scoreboard with eight pictures, which tells you there are eight people in this tournament, but you can't make out much more from this distance. You watch, however, as the first trainer, a young girl with bubblegum pink pigtails, unleashes a Quilava, which swiftly deals with her opponent, a young boy and his Torchic.

Your response?
Walking further down the path with was sort of a bonding experience between the two; they had ultimately decided to work towards a common goal: to defeat all who opposed them in the Inferno Royale. The Numel, though nearly about to erupt in a mixture of nervousness and excitement, ran around Zach's legs every time they stopped in order to prep herself for the challenge ahead.

Suddenly, a burst of fire exploded from behind a rather large bush, scaring the crap out of Arioran, who let out a squeal of surprise at the sight. Zach chuckled and led her around it and towards a large, rocky stadium that (it seemed) would house the Inferno Royale battles. A large group of people surrounded the sidelines of the arena, and though Zach couldn't quite see who the contestants were yet, it seemed that the tournament was just starting. Looking down at Arioran, he said, "Looks like we made it just in time," with a large smile on his face. Despite his encouragement, the Numel seemed to have become unnerved and lost all of her confidence she exuded on the walk up.

Turning back towards the site, he struggled to find some sort of registration table before finding the young woman with the clipboard. Smiling, he approached it, with Arioran following close behind. The woman smiled and waved in response, and then asks, curiously, "Interested in the Inferno Royale, are we?"

"Yes, ma'am," Zach said affirmatively.

Upon viewing Arioran peering from behind Zach's legs, the woman clapped her hands together, saying, "Perfect, the last contestant. Now, if I can get you to fill out this form, we'll be all set to start." She handed Zach a clipboard with several fields needed to be filled in. Thanking the woman he moved away from the table and somewhere off to the side with Arioran.

"This is rather comprehensive," he said to Arioran, who was staring at the rocky battlefield apprehensively. Zach turned his head over to see the two first contestants to take the field, both rather young. One, a young girl with pink hair, released a Quilava, who lunged on her opponent's, a young boy probably around the same age, Torchic. Upon seeing the Quilava, Arioran burst into another fearful fit of anxiety. "It's fine; I'm sure you'd be able to deal with it, I mean, you know plenty of rock or ground moves." Looking back at the scoreboard, Zach could see eight squares, and concluded that there would be eight contestants. He finished up the registration form and took it back to the woman, wondering who his competitor would be"


Pokémon: Numel (F) Lv. 13 [Traded from quilava plush @ Lv. 5]
Nickname: Arioran
Residence: Pokeball
Nature: Sassy
Height: 2'04"
Weight: 52.9 lbs
Type: Fire/Ground
Tameness: 0
Evolution Chain: Evolves into Camerupt @ Lv. 33
Bio: In progress.
Level Up Moves: Growl, Tackle, Ember, Magnitude, Focus Energy(15), Take Down(21), Amnesia(25), Lava Plume(31), Earth Power(35), Earthquake(41), Flamethrower(45), Double-Edge(51)
Egg Moves: Howl, Scary Face, Body Slam, Rollout, Defense Curl, Stomp, Yawn, Ancientpower, Mud Bomb, Heat Wave
Move Tutor Moves: Double-Edge, Mimic, Substitute, Snore, Endure, Mud-Slap, Swagger, Sleep Talk
Special / Advanced Moves: Strength, Rock Smash
TMs: N/A
Special Abilities: Oblivious, Simple
Current Location: Active Team
__________________
Deebs is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 01:17 PM   #181
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Dragon11: Deciding to try a leap of faith, you clutch hold of the Flying crystal, keeping your Pokemon ready as a back-up plan. You place your foot gently down-

- And plummet into the fiery lake. You are dead.

Nah, I'm kidding. Your foot connects with something solid, yet invisible, and with a burst of wind from the Flying crystal, the room erupts with howling winds, and you close your eyes and hold up your arms in front of your face to brace yourself.

When you open them, the Flying crystal is hovering in front of you, and the room itself has changed. The chasm and its flames are gone, and you now stand on flat ground, a tiled arena, it seems. Through the door on the other side struts a triplicate of Kecleon, one blue, one yellow, one red. Each looks rather angry and ready to fight.

Words begin to write themselves in front of your face again, and you read out loud:

"Knowledge, wits and courage three
Tests conquered, but we've yet to see
The final piece of soul's true light
Show your strength and win this fight!"


Seems simple enough, doesn't it? Your response?
Aero gave a sigh of relief as his foot hit something solid. He looked back at Sandstorm, who was still holding on to his arm and smiled. "I'm glad that worked out. Hmm, wit, knowledge, courage. That should mean you'll get a battle soon, Sand." The Flygon smiled and nodded but Aero was preoccupied by the Flying crystal, which had gusts of wind coming out of it. Then the winds spread through out the room. Aero had no choice but to shield his eyes from the wind.

When the wind died down and Aero opened his eyes, he was in a boring room. Well, boring other than the fact that three blood-thirsty Keckleon were staring evily at the three intruders. There was a poem floating in the air, but Aero figured that it happens often in this floating island. He glanced back towards the dragon.

"I'm sure you were probably hoping for a giant boss monster," Sandstorm shrugged as if to say 'Whatever', "but I guess you and Angelique can handle these twerps." Aero huddled the two pokemon by him together with him and explained, "Okay. The plan is for you, Angelique, to use some sort of flying move then for you, Sandstorm, to use Thunder on that Keckleon. So, lets fry us some Kecleon!"
__________________
FB Squad

FB PC
Dragon 11 is offline  
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #182
zami
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Re: The Twilight Realm

Catherine let out a yawn as she flipped through the pages of the guild book she had just recived. This zone seemed like a very interesting area but she had no clue where to go. She could flip through the book all day or allow destiny lead the way, destiny had been preety good to her before taking her on many interesting adventures. Prehasp it was best just to fallow it and see what hapens from there.

After a bit more flipping through the pages she placed the guildbook in her back pack and took a round object out of it. She enlarged the pokeball and pressed the button on it as she tosed it up into the air, a bright red light coming from it as it burst opened. When the light faded away an eleglant blue dragon had appeared in the sky. Its slender body hovered through the air as it gracefuly flew over and landed beside its trainer. It then looked over at its trainer with inquisitive eyes.

A large grin slowly appeared on Catherine's face as she stared at the beauty before her. It was her Dragonair Arya, a pokemon she had worked hard on to get to this stage. She had always dreamed of owning one but never in her wildest imagination did she ever exept to own one of these amazing, rare creatures. She was so pleased that things had worked out and was hoping to have many grand adventures with the dragon.

"We're going to fallow destiny Arya," Catherine exclaimed as she looked over to her Dragonair who was trying to make meaning of what her trainer was saying.

"Drag?" Ayra asked with after not being able to understand what Catherine ment.

"What I mean is were going to fallow whatever path feels right and go through this adventure letting the adventure chose us. No plans, just believing in the futar," Catherine explained in the best way she could.

Arya nodded before she efortlessly lifted her snake like body into the air. She took one look at her trainer before slowing making her way down one of the paths. Catherine quickly took pursuit as she wondered what place this path was going to lead her to.
__________________
[center:38imtg0o]Fizzy Bubbles Team
Arya Lv 40 (F) Rage Lv 100 (M) Riolu Lv 1 (M)
Sumer Lv 40 (M) Majesty Lv 40 (F)

PC
Ledy Lv 100 (M) Shimmer Lv 100 (F) Shine Lv 100 (M) Saphira Lv 35 (F)
Angel Lv 53 (F) Buneary Lv 1 (M) Lapras Lv 40 (F) Vasukia Lv 35 (F)
Athrun Lv 100 (M) Eevee Lv 1 (F) Nidorino Lv 34 (M)[/center:38imtg0o]
zami is offline  
Old 12-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #183
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Note: If you're not posting a signature including team stats, can you please at the very least provide a direct link to your registration post at the bottom of your reply? This makes referring to your Pokémon's stats when necessary a lot simpler for me. Thanks.


Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Eon: This time when Nereid looks at you it's with an expression of utter shock. All colour seems to drain from her face while her eyes widen in fear, causing you to wonder if your suggestion is such a good idea after all.

"It's not that I disagree with you," Nereid finally replies, "But these people are dangerous. Even if we do succeed in catching him, where will we hold him? How do we know he'll tell us anything at all, and how do we know those he works with won't come to find him?"

Falling silent, Nereid continues to stare deeply into your eyes as though trying to read your thoughts through them. While looking back at her, you can see her own eyes are filled with emotion, and sense that she is seriously considering what you have to say. She looks away, her gaze falling upon the path leading into the Silver Lake region, and a moment later she turns her gaze back to you, her lips forming a sly smile.

"I have an idea," Nereid whispers, her hushed tone filled with excitement. "Like you've already pointed out, you've inadvertently attracted their attention. Now we have to ensure you keep their attention. Do you have any water types that may appeal to them, because if so I have just the plan we're looking for. Silver Lake offers an assortment of water games and races which, when won by a competitor, secures them a reward. If you were to enter these games and win, you'll prove to them that you have more than one Pokémon worthy of their attention. It's risky, and we'll still need to work out where and how to lure him into a trap before you enter the games, but it just may work..."



Xander: Roger thanks you profusely, the expression in his eyes a little too relieved for comfort leading you to believe he may not have been exactly honest regarding his reasons for having asked you to make this delivery. Realising you'd seen his expression, Roger quickly responds to your questions hoping you'll soon be distracted enough by the details to have forgotten you'd seen anything.

"Leonard is the man to be looking for," Roger replies. "Lighthouse Keeper Lenny is one hundred and four years old and as fit as a fiddle. Delightful fellow he is, with many a fantastic tale to tell. We all know he's senile, but his stories are so entertaining that nobody cares. As long as he leads ships safely in and out of port, he's harmless. When you hand the package over to Lenny he'll sign the delivery docket which you can bring back to me to receive payment for your services."

Looking at his watch, Roger excuses himself rather hastily. "Well, look at the time!" he exclaims. "I'd better be getting back to work. Thank you again, and I'll see you when you return." Waving goodbye, Roger disappears inside the warehouse so quickly that your suspicions regarding his intentions are left lingering. Shrugging it off you figure it doesn't really matter since you'd been planning on visiting the lighthouse anyway, and this job opportunity has only given your visit an additional purpose.

Twenty minutes later you're walking along the Elyra coastline toward the lighthouse when you hear the faint sound of a wailing cry coming from the cliffside. Looking over the edge you see a young girl trapped on a crumbling ledge while a little Cubone is trapped on the rocks beneath her with water splashing all around it. It's terrified beyond belief, crying out for help while the girl has tears streaming down her cheeks because she's unable to get to it. Although Cubone is in immediate danger, it appears to be more concerned for the girls safety than it's own but is unable to reach her for fear of causing the unstable ledge she is standing on to crumble beneath her...



Shadowshocker: Catching the rope the girl tosses you, you flash her what you're hoping resembles a reassuring smile before gingerly taking hold of the reigns belonging to the Rapidash she's loaned you. Trying not to let go of the rope holding the struggling troublemaker, you clamber onto the fire horse while briefly wondering how on earth you've managed to find yourself in this situation. Not feeling at all comfortable with horses in general, you're hoping the majestic beast will understand the instructions you're trying to relay through some gentle tongue clicking, but thankfully Rapidash knows what to do and upon waiting until you're comfortably seated, starts walking after the girl before breaking into a trot and catching up with its owner. Now that you're riding side by side along the path leading into the ranch while the two black clad men are stumbling along behind you, the girl glances toward you admiringly.

"You handled yourself well back there," she comments, obviously referring to your quick reactions upon spying the men fleeing from the ranch. "I'm Loretta by the way, and my family owns Laramie Ranch. These two have been up to no good for months now, stealing our horses and more recently sabotaging the ranch. If it weren't for your quick thinking I'm sure they would have escaped again, and we'd be no closer to working out why they're doing what they're doing, or where our champion Rapidash have been taken. Thanks to you we should be able to get some answers now and hopefully get our horses ba...."

Before Loretta has the chance to finish what she's saying, a blood curdling screech fills the air. You can feel the hairs on your skin rising as both yours and Loretta's eyes turn toward the sky. Not exactly sure what to expect, nothing could have prepared you for the sight that greets you as the most fearsome looking Fearow swoops toward you at high speed surrounded by an aura of dark, pulsating energy. It's not the bird itself that has your heart leaping into your throat however, it's the birds' appearance that has caught you offguard. It is a purplish black, it's glowing red eyes filled with an evil you cannot possibly fathom, and while it closes the gap between you at an astonishing rate, one of its large wings glints silver before Fearow flies directly overhead and lashes downward, severing the ropes binding your two hostages...



Arnold: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, you're more interested in what lays beyond the entry point to Elyra, and scan the area for a map. Eventually finding one, you take some time to peruse the area descriptions while Espy sits silently by your side, also looking at the map though not really understanding what all of the strange symbols on it mean. Finally deciding that the Forest of Mystery sounds, well, mysterious, you begin walking out of Elyra Port, wondering what adventures await you.

Several minutes later you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. Already having an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the forest, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. These are of little interest to you however, as it's the dense shadow of the Forest of Mystery to your right which has caught your eye. While Espy walks regally by your side, her head held high as the admiring gaze of curious onlookers fall upon her, you can't help but feel proud to have such a beautiful Pokémon by your side. Judging from the looks she is receiving you figure that her kind must be a rarity in these parts which leads you to wonder what kind of Pokémon do inhabit Elyra.

Continuing your journey toward the forest, you're soon approached by a girl of around nineteen. She is tall, standing at around 5'11". Her slim build, waist length black hair, fair complexion, and large violet eyes creating a rather attractive package indeed. Her gaze flicks between you and Espy for a few seconds before she finally begins speaking.

"I'm sorry to intrude," she says shyly, already looking like she's regretting having started a conversation. "But I couldn't help but notice your lovely Espeon and am wondering if it's ok to ask you a few questions."

The girl looks like she's about to explode with embarrassment as a blush creeps into her cheeks. You can tell from her demeanour that it's out of character for her to approach a stranger out of the blue like this, but for some reason she feels compelled to speak to you and so you give her a moment to explain.

"I train Eevee's you see," she continues, her hand reaching nervously toward her belt to which several custom Pokéballs are attached. "All but two have reached their final stage, but Lila, who is to become an Espeon, seems to be having some trouble. She's so sad, and I can't understand why she's so unhappy. I'm hoping that if she can see your Espeon, perhaps they can talk for a while and we may be able to figure out what is upsetting her so."

The girl then bites her lip nervously, almost as though she's expecting you to tell her to get lost, her large, sad eyes looking deeply into yours with such anxiety that you can't help but feel for her...



Will: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you've never been happier to set foot upon solid ground as boats have never been a particularly appealing form of travel as far as you're concerned. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers due to some rather tall stories that have been spreading to all corners of the globe. Feeling a little light headed after your voyage, you take a moment to draw in a deep, refreshing breath of fresh sea air before looking around to note that this is a perfectly beautiful day to be setting out upon your newest adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. Releasing Sifa who has been copped up for a little too long so that she is able to share this moment with you, you scan the area for a map so that you have a better idea of what places and areas are available for you to visit. Soon finding one, you take some time to peruse the area descriptions while Sifa sits silently by your side, also looking at the map though not really understanding what all of the strange symbols mean. Mulling over the vast array of possibilities, the one area that has drawn your attention is the Forest of Mystery. Its Mystical Woodland sounds fascinating, so after confirming your choice with Sifa who seems pleased by the idea, you both begin walking out of the port area toward Elyra Field which will eventually lead you into the forest.

Several minutes later you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. Already having an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the forest, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. These are of little interest to you however, as it's the dense shadow of the Forest of Mystery to your right which has caught your eye. Sifa walks happily alongside you, the fresh air and freedom from the restraints of her Pokéball putting a huge smile on her face. Stopping to sniff the lovely scents of each flower she passes, Sifa appears to be in heaven which makes you feel good to be seeing her in such high spirits.

While you're travelling, a small boy sitting under a tree is watching Sifa, an expression of curiosity in his eyes. Not making it obvious that you'd seen him watching, you notice while you're walking past him that he seems to want to say something. He opens his mouth to speak, then closes it again while continuing to watch Sifa pass by. Then, completely out of the blue, he speaks.

"Hey mister..." he says so softly that you almost miss it. In fact, if you hadn't been expecting him to say something, you probably wouldn't have heard him at all. Sifa hears him as well and turns toward him, her head cocked curiously to one side wondering what the child is wanting with her master. When you stop to look down at him as well, the boy seems reluctant to continue, seemingly afraid that he may have upset you by interrupting your journey. He knows that he has to speak now though, especially since he's already gained your attention, and begins stuttering nervously.

"I... umm... if it's okay... can I.... can I have a look at your Bulbasaur? She... she's very pretty and... and I haven't see... seen one before. If you want y.. you can look at my Turtwig too..."

Looking up at you with wide, scared eyes, the boy waits for your reaction, and while you're trying to figure out why he's so fearful of asking such a simple question, you notice a little green turtle-like Pokémon poke its head out from behind his back, looking up at you curiously...
enchantress is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 AM   #184
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Note: If you're not posting a signature including team stats, can you please at the very least provide a direct link to your registration post at the bottom of your reply? This makes referring to your Pokémon's stats when necessary a lot simpler for me. Thanks.


Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Catching the rope the girl tosses you, you flash her what you're hoping resembles a reassuring smile before gingerly taking hold of the reigns belonging to the Rapidash she's loaned you. Trying not to let go of the rope holding the struggling troublemaker, you clamber onto the fire horse while briefly wondering how on earth you've managed to find yourself in this situation. Not feeling at all comfortable with horses in general, you're hoping the majestic beast will understand the instructions you're trying to relay through some gentle tongue clicking, but thankfully Rapidash knows what to do and upon waiting until you're comfortably seated, starts walking after the girl before breaking into a trot and catching up with its owner. Now that you're riding side by side along the path leading into the ranch while the two black clad men are stumbling along behind you, the girl glances toward you admiringly.

"You handled yourself well back there," she comments, obviously referring to your quick reactions upon spying the men fleeing from the ranch. "I'm Loretta by the way, and my family owns Laramie Ranch. These two have been up to no good for months now, stealing our horses and more recently sabotaging the ranch. If it weren't for your quick thinking I'm sure they would have escaped again, and we'd be no closer to working out why they're doing what they're doing, or where our champion Rapidash have been taken. Thanks to you we should be able to get some answers now and hopefully get our horses ba...."

Before Loretta has the chance to finish what she's saying, a blood curdling screech fills the air. You can feel the hairs on your skin rising as both yours and Loretta's eyes turn toward the sky. Not exactly sure what to expect, nothing could have prepared you for the sight that greets you as the most fearsome looking Fearow swoops toward you at high speed surrounded by an aura of dark, pulsating energy. It's not the bird itself that has your heart leaping into your throat however, it's the birds' appearance that has caught you offguard. It is a purplish black, it's glowing red eyes filled with an evil you cannot possibly fathom, and while it closes the gap between you at an astonishing rate, one of its large wings glints silver before Fearow flies directly overhead and lashes downward, severing the ropes binding your two hostages...
OOC: Not to worry, Tess. My signature is my registration post. I'll have to inventinate a statful signature in time.

Much as he was a tactician by nature and rarely surprised, there are some things that Shadow's list of odds don't account for. So when a huge, purple, evil Fearow suddenly declared its presence upon the scene, Shadow's first reaction was petrification, followed by a disconnected thought of, "Well, now. There's something you don't see every day."

Those moments of stunned, deer-facing-headlights-ness were to cost him dearly, as he noted when his brain had restored its original thought process capability. The new intruder had freed the two men in black he had helped capture not so long ago, and the Fearow's appearance wasn't going to raise their morale anytime soon.

It's appearance... Shadow found he couldn't take his eyes off the Fearow, and it wasn't just because of fear transfixing him. There was something oddly familiar about the colouration, and the murderous look this Beak Pokemon possessed. He had come across something similar in his studies, he was sure; he simply had to run his brain through the several thousand memory files of data it had stored...

Until he hit what he thought was the right answer like slamming a car into a tree.

Shadow Pokemon. Shadow had read about the phenomena, though he had never actually witnessed it. Shadow Pokemon were created by artificially locking their emotions, turning them into soulless fighting machines. They possessed a purple aura, which the scientist found was extremely similar in description to the one this Fearow now had...

But wait! Contradiction abruptly seared through his grey matter. Wasn't the aura only visible using a special machine? Not to mention that the two men the Fearow had just helped didn't look anything like the original group that had been responsible for the heralding of Shadow Pokemon. No, things weren't adding up as easily as Shadow had thought.

The instinctive side of the scientist kicked in. He would have to file his immediate hypothesis into his not-that-short-term memory banks; there was a threat he now had to handle. He hoped that Loretta's steeds would assist him on the dot, but the situation demanded for immediate action.

"Loretta, please close your eyes for a brief moment! And your Rapidash, too!" he shouted, as he took out Mango's PokeBall once again. "Mango, I need your help once more!" The Wooper appeared with equal enthusiasm as she had before.

"Flash attack right off the bat!" he ordered, making sure his Blackglasses were properly placed on like they had been. "Then douse the Fearow with Water Gun before locking it down completely with a full-bodied Ice Beam!"
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #185
Will
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
]Note: If you're not posting a signature including team stats, can you please at the very least provide a direct link to your registration post at the bottom of your reply? This makes referring to your Pokémon's stats when necessary a lot simpler for me. Thanks.

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Will: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you've never been happier to set foot upon solid ground as boats have never been a particularly appealing form of travel as far as you're concerned. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers due to some rather tall stories that have been spreading to all corners of the globe. Feeling a little light headed after your voyage, you take a moment to draw in a deep, refreshing breath of fresh sea air before looking around to note that this is a perfectly beautiful day to be setting out upon your newest adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. Releasing Sifa who has been copped up for a little too long so that she is able to share this moment with you, you scan the area for a map so that you have a better idea of what places and areas are available for you to visit. Soon finding one, you take some time to peruse the area descriptions while Sifa sits silently by your side, also looking at the map though not really understanding what all of the strange symbols mean. Mulling over the vast array of possibilities, the one area that has drawn your attention is the Forest of Mystery. Its Mystical Woodland sounds fascinating, so after confirming your choice with Sifa who seems pleased by the idea, you both begin walking out of the port area toward Elyra Field which will eventually lead you into the forest.

Several minutes later you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. Already having an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the forest, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. These are of little interest to you however, as it's the dense shadow of the Forest of Mystery to your right which has caught your eye. Sifa walks happily alongside you, the fresh air and freedom from the restraints of her Pokéball putting a huge smile on her face. Stopping to sniff the lovely scents of each flower she passes, Sifa appears to be in heaven which makes you feel good to be seeing her in such high spirits.

While you're travelling, a small boy sitting under a tree is watching Sifa, an expression of curiosity in his eyes. Not making it obvious that you'd seen him watching, you notice while you're walking past him that he seems to want to say something. He opens his mouth to speak, then closes it again while continuing to watch Sifa pass by. Then, completely out of the blue, he speaks.

"Hey mister..." he says so softly that you almost miss it. In fact, if you hadn't been expecting him to say something, you probably wouldn't have heard him at all. Sifa hears him as well and turns toward him, her head cocked curiously to one side wondering what the child is wanting with her master. When you stop to look down at him as well, the boy seems reluctant to continue, seemingly afraid that he may have upset you by interrupting your journey. He knows that he has to speak now though, especially since he's already gained your attention, and begins stuttering nervously.

"I... umm... if it's okay... can I.... can I have a look at your Bulbasaur? She... she's very pretty and... and I haven't see... seen one before. If you want y.. you can look at my Turtwig too..."

Looking up at you with wide, scared eyes, the boy waits for your reaction, and while you're trying to figure out why he's so fearful of asking such a simple question, you notice a little green turtle-like Pokémon poke its head out from behind his back, looking up at you curiously...
Added a link to my registration in my sig, my apologies Tessa.

Walking out Elyra Port and into the Field with the same name with Sifa at his side, Will takes a deep breath. It was nice to be off the boat and back onto solid land again, especially such a beautiful and pure place as this. It had been a long time since he had last been out to explore and he was genuinely excited about the prospect of finding a new path for himself and his Pokemon. Letting out a low whistle, Will makes a quick motion with his hand and heads out into the field with Sifa bounding closely at his heels.

Eyeing the distance between the entrance of Elyra field and the entrance to the Mystical Forest and setting off in that direction Will decides to take his time and look around on the way there. Strolling through the field and admiring the sheer beauty of the place, Will can't help but chuckle to himself with amusement as he admires Sifa's antics. Watching the little Bulbasaur jump from flower to flower Will can't remember the last time he saw her so active and happy and it warms his heart.

Suddenly feeling eyes on him, Will begins to look around and finally spots the boy under the tree staring at him and Sifa. Watching the boy out of the corner of his eye, Will motions Sifa closer to him and keeps walking. As they pass the boy finally speaks up and asks if he could take a look at Sifa. The boy's reluctance to ask such a simple question worries will but he stops anyways.

"Yeah, you can take a look at-"

As Will starts to respond to the boy Sifa lets out a little burp then begins to glow white. The glow is so bright that will has to cover his face with his arms to keep from blinding himself and as the light dies down he peaks over his arms to see Sifa sitting there. She had evolved into an Ivysaur!

"Great job girl, I am-"

In the middle of his praise Will is interrupted again by a burp coming from Sifa and the glow starts up again. Simply looking away this time, Will turns back to find Sifa has evolved once again into a Venusaur.

"Well, well," Will says admiring his new Venusaur and giving her a pat on the head, "You are as full of surprises as always little girl." As he pats her on the head, he looks down to his feet and sees several Rare Candy wrappers on the ground. Counting them in his head and doing the math he realizes just how she had evolved.

"You little butthead! That was almost all of my Rare Candies!" Will scolds as he picked up all the wrappers. Sighing, Will turns back to the boy.

"Well, she is no longer a Bulbasaur but you are still welcome to play with her if you would like," he says pulling another Pokeball of his belt and releasing Tyr his Scizor as well, "Her name is Sifa and he is Tyr, they are both extremely friendly and are more than happy to have you look 'em over."

"And I would love to look at your Turtwig," Will says kneeling down, "Can I ask why you were so afraid to ask me to see Sifa? It was a simple request so I don't understand why you would be so frightened."
__________________
[center:efafb]FB Registration[/center:efafb]
Will is offline  
Old 12-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #186
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Lee-san: Najid starts this round on the defensive, readying himself for any attacks that come his way, and his patience is soon rewarded as both Beedrill rush in for a Twineedle, the Arcanine's speed far too much for the Beedrill, who miss by a mile.

Najid swings into action, unleashing a devastating Heat Wave over both Beedrill, followed by a Flamethrower. One Beedrill is quick enough to dodge the flames, but the second is charred badly, a huge burn across its abdomen.

The burnt one hovers in the air, not moving much, but the last Beedrill rushes in while Najid is distracted, and strikes him in the side with a powerful Fury Attack for some heavy damage. Najid leaps away, but looks pretty beat up at the moment.

One Beedrill is currently not far from being KO'ed, its simply hanging in the air. The other one is still at about half health, and angry.

Najid has taken some heavy damage this round, and his energy reserves are starting to run low as well.

One round left until Saria awakens. You can do it!
I'm extremely sorry that I waited so long to reply Joshua, but my motivation to do anything FB-related has been near zero lately x.x

"Almost there..almost made it.." is what was running through Lee's mind as he watched Najid battle. Somehow, he knew that this fight was going to end soon..one way or another. Najid had taken quite a beating and used quite a lot of attacks, so he was already near exhaustion..but the two Beedrills left weren't exactly in good shape either. Lee figured that Najid would be able to take one down without a problem, but the other one still looked like it could put up a fight..this wasn't gonna be easy, that was for sure. Lee looked down beside him, at the sleeping Saria. Watching her sleep gave him renewed courage; "I'm gonna protect you!" was the one, determining thought left in his mind.
The young trainer looked at his Arcanine again, and called out to him to give out one last order.
"Hang on Najid, this battle is almost over - you can do it! First off, use Flash to blind the Beedrills, this should give you enough time to pull off your final moves: Take Down the one that's just hanging around almost beaten, and then put all your energy in one final Overheat to strike the other one!
I hope this works.." Lee muttered to himself, as he raised his arm before his eyes in order not to get blinded by Najid's Flash.
__________________
FB Info
Lee-san is offline  
Old 01-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #187
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge
 
Dark Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 214
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Dark Fire: Drought lets her anger take control for a moment, Taunting the Farfetch'd in her native tongue, and after a few moments, the look of hatred on the bird's face is enough to show you it was successful. The Farfetch'd charges at Drought, who stares it down, the hypnotic waves causing the duck Pokemon to sprawl across the ground.

The girl promptly responds with a temper tantrum, sitting on the ground and screaming constantly "It's not fair!" What will you do, with a snoozing psychotic duck and a irritating child?
OOC: Well, seeing as UPN has changed its layout, I am finally able to participate in FB fully. I'm sorry it took so long, and assuming I have not been canned from your group I would love to continue this adventure.

"Perfect." Rayne yelled upon witnessing the plan unfold perfectly. Several options flooded his brain as he watched the duck slump helplessly to the ground. Even while his opponent whined, his Vulpix urged for an all out offensive, he was deliberating on what to do.

"Listen here - girl - my Vulpix and I really need to be heading off." Rayne said, slowly moving towards the opponent. "So I'll give you a choice, either my partner here roasts your duck while he sleeps, or you can tell us what you know about the lady in the green and we leave you alone." Rayne was only half bluffing, his Vulpix' attitude had rubbed off on him, and if the girl chose the first option who stick to his word.

<See. This is what we need more of.> Drought said, snapping her jaws viciously. To prove he wasn't bluffing he was going to really raise the pressure. Rummaging through the back pocket of his bag he pulled out a small velvet sac. He yanked the bit of string that was keeping it closed, and spilled its contents into his hand. The bright stone shimmered a bit in the sun, which caught Drought's attention.

"I think it's time Drought." Rayne said quietly.

<Not going to disagree with you there. Let's finish this up quick, and get moving.> With that Rayne bent down, extended his hand and tentatively let the rock touch Drought's nose. Immediately his Vulpix was engulfed in an intensely bright white light. As many times as he's seen this process, he still couldn't avoid the thrill he felt. Drought transformation continued for several seconds; legs lengthening, new larger tails spurting, snout elongating, all the while getting slimmer and larger. When the light finally faded there stood a majestic looking Ninetales, but a Ninetales like no other. Drought's mane, the tuft of her around her neck, was pitch black, a sight both eerie and awe inspiring.

"Wow." Is all Rayne could muster up, as he looked into the deep crimson eyes of his newly evolved fox.

<Not bad. We should have done this earlier. Ha.> Drought responded flicking her tails in all different direction, trying to see how the extra digits feel. Rayne nodded, before snapping back to the situation at hand. Drought twirled around back to the duck, a dark black aura circling around her.

"So? What will it be?" Rayne asked once again. Drought was crouched ready to unleash a devastating combination of Faint Attacks.
__________________
.: Team Dark Fire :.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Dark Fire is offline  
Old 01-03-2008, 09:23 PM   #188
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,161
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlygon
Elyra Field:

Xuande - The Pidgey barely manages to land on the branch it aimed on, but still sounds as angry as ever when it makes squeaking sounds at you from a distance, but it stays there, while you and Celes manage to get away from the tree without trouble.

You constantly close in on the forest, and the closer you get the faster you walk, until you find yourself facing a slope that you will have to get past in order to reach the edge of the forest. You start to walk up, but find that it is a bit more difficult than you had originally thought, needing the assistance of Celes more than once. As you reach the top, you turn around and look down at the acres of land below, mostly consisting of lush green grass and a number of scattered trees. Celes nudges you, and nods towards the trees, then walks slowly towards it. You follow her, but just a few meters from the first tree, you hear a hissing in the grass right next to you. Startled, you jump away from it, and notice a small Ekans lying on a stone nearby, basking in the sunlight. Celes looks from you, to the snake, and then to you again. What will you do?
OoC: First time replying since August. I understand that my updator changed from FF to Lee-san, but that Lee-san's been pretty inactive these days, too. So ... whoever wants to have a go with me, go for it. Just be prepared for some pretty "beginner" replies. Patience is a must!

Cyrus froze in his tracks. "Celes," he whispered, "that's an Ekans, a poison-type Pokémon. You're no match for it, but Mankey, on the other hand ..."

Mankey. Cyrus thought back to when he captured Mankey. He had still not given it a proper name. And he had still not let it out of its PokéBall in the presence of Celes. He wondered if Mankey had calmed down or if it was as dangerous -- both to itself and to others -- as ever before. There was only one way to find out: good battle experience.

Ever the pacifist, Cyrus turned his attention back to Celes and whispered, "I'm going to try and just ignore the Ekans and walk right on by after I summon you back to your PokéBall."

"Chika!?" Celes gasped. She didn't like the thought of Cyrus being all alone with that long, venomous snake.

"Don't worry, if things get bad, I'll summon Mankey, okay? And if they get even worse, well, I've got you and SugarPuff and even little Torchic to count on, okay?"

Celes nodded in agreement, still with a concerned look on her face.

"Okay, good," Cyrus said. "Celes, return!" And so saying, he aimed her PokéBall right at her to summon her back.

"Now," he muttered to himself, "... how're we gonna do this?" And with that, Cyrus began to try and slowly walk right past the rock the Ekans was resting on. He avoided eye contact. He listened intently for any sign of movement. With baited breath, Cyrus wondered if the Ekans was going to stop him or if it was basking in the sun, enjoying itself, and was going to continue doing exactly that. Just in case, his right hand fingered the PokéBall on his belt belonging to Mankey ...
Talon87 is offline  
Old 01-04-2008, 02:27 AM   #189
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: With a multitude of thoughts swirling through your head, some more conscious than others, instinct kicks in helping you to react faster than your mind can keep up. Reaching for Mango's Pokéball, you trigger the release mechanism and are momentarily startled to see a completely different Pokémon appear from inside. No longer the adorably cute hyperactive little Wooper you'd recalled only a minute before, Mango has evolved into a larger, more robust Pokémon approximately four times her original size. She now has arms where before she'd had none, and while her appearance has most definitely changed, her personality has not. Still the same adrenaline pumped Water Fish Pokémon, Quagsire now has the advantage of being stronger than her pre-evolved form and Mango is eager to show you what she can do.

Loretta takes heed of your warning and immediately instructs her Rapidash to turn away while covering her own eyes in preparation for the bright Flash that momentarily bursts onto the scene. Luckily they are spared the blinding effects of Mango's attack, but unfortunately Fearow isn't affected either due to its Keen Eye ability protecting its retinas. The fearsome bird swoops overhead before circling back around and diving back toward you, its eyes filled with an evil that succeeds in tying your stomach up in knots. At this moment, upon Loretta's command, both Rapidash rear upward, opening their mouths wide before unleashing synchronized Flamethrowers into the sky. Clinging tightly to your own steed so as not to slide off, you can feel the heat radiating from the horse and are thankful the attack isn't aimed toward you. Bitter disappointment soon follows when you watch Fearow Protect itself from the attack, but Mango is quick to react by firing off a Water Gun which strikes Fearow head on, drenching its face, neck and breast.

Surprisingly Fearow doesn't appear to want to attack even though it has ample opportunity, a fact which deep down is a relief as you're under no delusions about the fact this thing could take out both you and Loretta as well as all of your Pokémon in an instant if that were its intention. Instead it Leers Mango down on its approach, as though able to read her mind and knows what she is planning, effectively delaying her from making her next move. As Fearow reaches the ground the two bandits leap onto its back, and now with their eye contact broken, Mango spins around and aims a fully charged Ice Beam straight at the bird's rear but a quick burst of Fearow's Agility allows it to evade the attack. Seeing her enemies escape, Loretta reacts instantly by instructing her Rapidash to Bounce into the air, and while you watch her fire horse leaps onto the fence by the path and puts all of its strength into its hind legs to aide in its attempt to leap as high as possible. The fence cracks under the pressure Rapidash has used to push off, but the results are tremendous as it sails higher than you could ever have imagined. You briefly wonder how it's going to land without hurting itself as this move seems a rather desperate kamikaze style technique, but you figure Loretta would never instruct her Pokémon to do something it can't survive and so watch with baited breath to see what happens next. The outcome is unexpected to say the least, for one of the bandits is watching Loretta closely while holding something in his hand. Fearow appears to slow down for a moment, allowing Rapidash to get closer, and a split second before Rapidash and Loretta are close enough to make physical contact, an energy beam shoots out of the object he is holding. Rapidash suddenly disappears right out from underneath Loretta, sucked into the device which you can only assume is some kind of Pokéball. You hear Loretta scream, "Andromeda! Noooooooooooooo!", while both men laugh raucously. Fearow shrieks loudly, using another burst of Agility to streak off into the distance and leaving you to watch while Loretta falls straight toward the ground some fifty metres below...



Will: Curious as to why the young boy appears so reluctant to speak, you're more than happy to allow him to examine Sifa. Unfortunately Sifa's little burp followed by her subsequent evolution startles the child so much that he yells with fright and scrambles backward, nearly crushing his Turtwig in his haste. With his back pressed firmly against the tree, he watches the glow surrounding your little Bulbasaur who is in the next instance an Ivysaur while his Turtwig squeals excitedly at being lucky enough to witness this event. Upon realising the radiant glow was only your Bulbasaur evolving, the boy's eyes change from an expression of terror into an expression of awe, but when Sifa burps again and begins to evolve a second time, the kid is beside himself.

"Ho... How did it do that?" he asks, his voice trembling, but upon hearing your mention of rare candies a look of understanding seems to calm him somewhat.

Concerned by the child's manner, and the fact he is way too jumpy for comfort, you can't help but wonder why the boy is so afraid of everything around him. His hesitation regarding such a simple request from you followed by his reaction to Sifa's evolution is odd to say the least, and now that you're able to look at him more closely you can see the boy is quite undernourished and rather grubby. His clothes don't fit him properly leading you to believe it's possible he's just scrounged up anything he could find, and the only thing he seems to own other than his Turtwig is an old beaten knapsack that is tearing at the seams. Kneeling down beside the child while patting Sifa's side, your motion causes the boy to stiffen, a reaction that leads you to believe that he is also afraid of being in close proximity to another human being. Backing away a little, enough to help put the child at ease, yet not enough to show you're surprised by his body language, you speak to him in a gentle tone, allowing him to play with Sifa while asking him why he was so afraid to speak up earlier.

The boy slowly stands up, walking closer to Sifa and hesitantly reaching his out hand to touch her while his Turtwig moves up and begins sniffing Sifa's feet. He's a little slow to say anything in response to your question, but you can see that his mind is churning over while thinking of a way in which to answer. Not wanting to force the issue you wait patiently, patting his Turtwig's head when it comes over to warily sniff at your clothing. Patting Sifa, the boy smiles, an expression you doubt has crossed his features many times in his life, and after a minute of silence the boy finally speaks up.

"Where I come from, I'm not allowed to talk," he says simply. "This place is so.... different. It's colourful, and people laugh. There are nice Pokémon everywhere, and clean water to drink."

He falls silent for a minute as though wanting to say more but unsure if he should, but what he's said already is enough to concern you even if he's completely unaware of that fact. Waiting for him to continue, you sit patiently while his Turtwig begins digging its nose into your backback, possibly wondering if there are any more sweet treats tucked away in there for him.

"I have dreams about Bulbasaurs," he continues hesitantly. "I don't know why I dream about them but I have for as long as I can remember. When I saw you walking with your Bulbasaur I wanted to see her up close but was scared you'd get mad. I wanted to see her so badly, I'm sorry if I did wrong."

As though realising for the first time that he's actually talking to you, the boy suddenly steps away from Sifa, his face as pale as a ghost, and scooping Turtwig into his arms he backs up several paces as though ready to flee.

"I'm sorry sir, me and Terry will go now..."
enchantress is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 06:02 AM   #190
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xander: Roger thanks you profusely, the expression in his eyes a little too relieved for comfort leading you to believe he may not have been exactly honest regarding his reasons for having asked you to make this delivery. Realising you'd seen his expression, Roger quickly responds to your questions hoping you'll soon be distracted enough by the details to have forgotten you'd seen anything.

"Leonard is the man to be looking for," Roger replies. "Lighthouse Keeper Lenny is one hundred and four years old and as fit as a fiddle. Delightful fellow he is, with many a fantastic tale to tell. We all know he's senile, but his stories are so entertaining that nobody cares. As long as he leads ships safely in and out of port, he's harmless. When you hand the package over to Lenny he'll sign the delivery docket which you can bring back to me to receive payment for your services."

Looking at his watch, Roger excuses himself rather hastily. "Well, look at the time!" he exclaims. "I'd better be getting back to work. Thank you again, and I'll see you when you return." Waving goodbye, Roger disappears inside the warehouse so quickly that your suspicions regarding his intentions are left lingering. Shrugging it off you figure it doesn't really matter since you'd been planning on visiting the lighthouse anyway, and this job opportunity has only given your visit an additional purpose.

Twenty minutes later you're walking along the Elyra coastline toward the lighthouse when you hear the faint sound of a wailing cry coming from the cliffside. Looking over the edge you see a young girl trapped on a crumbling ledge while a little Cubone is trapped on the rocks beneath her with water splashing all around it. It's terrified beyond belief, crying out for help while the girl has tears streaming down her cheeks because she's unable to get to it. Although Cubone is in immediate danger, it appears to be more concerned for the girls safety than it's own but is unable to reach her for fear of causing the unstable ledge she is standing on to crumble beneath her...
While he travels toward the lighthouse, Xander is contemplating Roger's behaviour regarding the package the storeman seemed reluctant to deliver for himself. The lighthouse isn't a difficult destination to reach, it doesn't look to be in disrepair or dangerous to enter, and from Roger's description of Lighthouse Keeper Lenny, the old man sounds to be a likable chap. Studying the package he is carrying, Xander muses over its contents, wondering if the package is the cause of Roger's concern or if something about the lighthouse is what prompted Roger to ask him to make this delivery.

While he is studying the package Xander hears a terrified scream coming from the side of the cliff and steps over for a closer look. The sight that greets him is heart stopping. To find anyone in danger is cause for concern, but a child and her Pokemon in a life threatening situation is far worse. Reacting instinctively, Xander has Bulbasaur's Pokeball in hand instantly. Releasing his small Grass type, Xander reaches for a second Pokeball and releases Skarmory.

"Extend your vines and secure the girl, Bulbasaur!" Xander instructs. "When she is safely in your grasp, carefully lift her up the cliff side. You'll have to retrieve Cubone, Skarmory. Fly low, allow it to jump on your back and bring it up here." Hoping he doesn't fail to rescue the girl and her Cubone, Xander waits anxiously while Bulbasaur and Skarmory move into action.
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #191
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: With a multitude of thoughts swirling through your head, some more conscious than others, instinct kicks in helping you to react faster than your mind can keep up. Reaching for Mango's Pokéball, you trigger the release mechanism and are momentarily startled to see a completely different Pokémon appear from inside. No longer the adorably cute hyperactive little Wooper you'd recalled only a minute before, Mango has evolved into a larger, more robust Pokémon approximately four times her original size. She now has arms where before she'd had none, and while her appearance has most definitely changed, her personality has not. Still the same adrenaline pumped Water Fish Pokémon, Quagsire now has the advantage of being stronger than her pre-evolved form and Mango is eager to show you what she can do.

Loretta takes heed of your warning and immediately instructs her Rapidash to turn away while covering her own eyes in preparation for the bright Flash that momentarily bursts onto the scene. Luckily they are spared the blinding effects of Mango's attack, but unfortunately Fearow isn't affected either due to its Keen Eye ability protecting its retinas. The fearsome bird swoops overhead before circling back around and diving back toward you, its eyes filled with an evil that succeeds in tying your stomach up in knots. At this moment, upon Loretta's command, both Rapidash rear upward, opening their mouths wide before unleashing synchronized Flamethrowers into the sky. Clinging tightly to your own steed so as not to slide off, you can feel the heat radiating from the horse and are thankful the attack isn't aimed toward you. Bitter disappointment soon follows when you watch Fearow Protect itself from the attack, but Mango is quick to react by firing off a Water Gun which strikes Fearow head on, drenching its face, neck and breast.

Surprisingly Fearow doesn't appear to want to attack even though it has ample opportunity, a fact which deep down is a relief as you're under no delusions about the fact this thing could take out both you and Loretta as well as all of your Pokémon in an instant if that were its intention. Instead it Leers Mango down on its approach, as though able to read her mind and knows what she is planning, effectively delaying her from making her next move. As Fearow reaches the ground the two bandits leap onto its back, and now with their eye contact broken, Mango spins around and aims a fully charged Ice Beam straight at the bird's rear but a quick burst of Fearow's Agility allows it to evade the attack. Seeing her enemies escape, Loretta reacts instantly by instructing her Rapidash to Bounce into the air, and while you watch her fire horse leaps onto the fence by the path and puts all of its strength into its hind legs to aide in its attempt to leap as high as possible. The fence cracks under the pressure Rapidash has used to push off, but the results are tremendous as it sails higher than you could ever have imagined. You briefly wonder how it's going to land without hurting itself as this move seems a rather desperate kamikaze style technique, but you figure Loretta would never instruct her Pokémon to do something it can't survive and so watch with baited breath to see what happens next. The outcome is unexpected to say the least, for one of the bandits is watching Loretta closely while holding something in his hand. Fearow appears to slow down for a moment, allowing Rapidash to get closer, and a split second before Rapidash and Loretta are close enough to make physical contact, an energy beam shoots out of the object he is holding. Rapidash suddenly disappears right out from underneath Loretta, sucked into the device which you can only assume is some kind of Pokéball. You hear Loretta scream, "Andromeda! Noooooooooooooo!", while both men laugh raucously. Fearow shrieks loudly, using another burst of Agility to streak off into the distance and leaving you to watch while Loretta falls straight toward the ground some fifty metres below...

The series of events passed by Shadow's eyes blurrier than a Gastly's composition. At midnight. In a foggy graveyard. The adolescent scientist had read about battles, watched countless visual representations on the subject, even fought in a few trial matches himself...

But this was entirely different. The adrenalin rush, the emotional clash between determination and despair, far exceeded what Shadow had prepared himself for. One moment he had formulated the action plan in his mind, and the next he saw that action plan shatter into a kajillion pieces right in front of him. He could have dragged his palm down his face -- how could he have overlooked Fearow's ability, now?

Loretta's scream derailed his train of thought, once more, diverting his attention fully onto the combat sequence. One of the men had administered a peculiar, PokeBallesque device on Loretta's Rapidash, and had carried out what Shadow assumed was a forceful capture.

"Wait... that Fearow..."

Synapses once against burst through like water through a busted dam, connecting with each other, but Shadow's instinct held fast as he saw Loretta plummet. If he didn't do something soon, Loretta would become grass fertiliser.

Luckily, he had the very operative for the job.

"Ephidel, BATTLE STATIONS!" he hollered, releasing his black-and-red capture orb, summoning the tetra-winged myotis who appeared with a screech. "Fly up there and catch Loretta!" pointed Shadow at her falling figure. "Before she's fieldkill! Hurry!"
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 01-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #192
[Dootakun]
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 52
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
[Dootakun]: (You have three hungry kitties eying you for dinner. I'm not gonna complain if you want a fair fight to defend yourself. )

Unleashing Assustador and Hades to 'remove you from the menu', all three Persian seem rather unhappy about having to fight for their meal. Hades is up first, unleashing a volley of flames straight at the centre Persian, the damp cat not swift enough to dodge the attack, getting a tad roasted for its trouble.

Assustador is next, his Double Team causing three doppelgangers of the crimson Scizor to shimmer into existence. This is enough to scare off one of the Persians, who goes scampering off into the rain, but the other two will not be scared so easily, both kitties leaping in for a Slash attack, Hades countering with a Shadow Claw which results in damage to both the Persian and Hades, and the main Persian (the singed one) goes straight through one of Assustador's clones. The Scizor promptly responds with an Aerial Ace, his clones fading alongside him as he smacks into the singed Persian.

There are two Persian left, one is singed from Hades' Flamethrower, but not actually burnt, and it has taken some damage. The other one has taken only minor damage.

Hades has taken a small amount of damage, and used some energy. Assustador has taken no damage, but used the most energy so far.

Your response?
Well put XD

John observed his pokemon's actions throughout the battle. They have certainly improved their skills tremendously while being on Daycare, and the Technical Machines he had used on them showed their abilities. Assustador seemed to be the confident battle of the duo, as he observed carefully the Persian, ready to counter any of their attacks with fantastic speed. Hades seemed a bit insecure however - maybe because this was his second battle - but nevertheless, it looked like he was rather enjoying it than fearing it, which was all that mattered to them.

"Well done you two!" the trainer exclaims, never losing sight of the kitty-cats. "Assustador, I want you to Slash one Persian, and smash it with your Metal Claw! Be careful with them: it is said Persian has extremely high speed, so don't be surprised if they manage to outspeed you." The Scizor nodded, glaring at the nearest opponent, ready to mark it with his claw.

"Hades, you're doing well, keep it up! Sink your teeth into one Persian with your Crunch, and go for a Dragon Claw afterwards." The dinosaur creature nodded, twisting his mouth vigorously, ready to crush something with his fangs.
__________________
[center:f7692]FB Regi[/center:f7692]
[Dootakun] is offline  
Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #193
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Lee's group - Update #14

Once again, I apologize for taking so long to update, I barely had any motivation to do it and was generally pretty busy..hopefully updates will come more frequently now.
Also, zami and Xuande, you're now in my group, hope you enjoy my updates!


Forest of Mystery - Please reply in limegreen

Mystical Woodland


Sylar:

Content with how the battle was been going so far, you give Hippo further orders and watch as he charges forward, towards his opponent. The Exeggcute still seems quite taken aback by losing two of its heads, so it's nowhere near ready to counter your first attack. Just as he's about to reach the Grass type, Hippo releases a Sand-Attack from his nostrils, and that one hits right in the spot, blinding all of the remaining heads. Although its blinded, Exeggcute still releases a Psywave in its opponents general direction, but the attack misses Hippo by a few inches, so he stays safe and his Tackle lands, striking Exeggcute for good damage. Enraged by its failure to hit your Pokemon, the Grass type decides to go for a different tactical approach, and suddenly, it splits up in several copies of itself - looks like it successfully used a Double Team attack. Now you gotta handle 16 little eggs - 4 times 4, although all of them are blinded. Hippo takes his chance and charges at one group of them, Biting them - but right as he makes contact, the 4 heads vanish, being only copies of the original one.
Now, you still have 3 groups remaining facing you, 2 copies and the real one..what will you do?
The fog is getting thicker..




thed3:
by the way, only the tree snapped in two, not the man, so you're not a murder, don't worry xD

Knowing that you must act quickly in order to assure that your mission will be a success, you order Shredder and Tsunami to stop Umbreon as fast as possible.
Shredder doesn't waste any time whatsoever and immediately disappears after hearing your order, only to appear right in front of Umbreon again a split second later, striking it for some damage and stopping it in its track. Seeing the Umbreon stop, Tsunami turns around and fires his cannons in the opposite direction, propelling him towards the Dark type and crashing right into it, striking it for some nice damage. The guard's Pokemon screams out in pain after being hit by such a huge Pokemon as Blastoise, but Tsunami knows that now isn't the time to show mercy and releases a chillingly-cold Ice Beam from his mouth. The attack hits and..completely freezes Umbreon, encasing it in a solid block of ice.
Knowing that you're safe - at least for now - you sigh with relief and watch as Shredder hovers in front of Umbreon and focues totally on it. Knowing that he is executing his Mind Reader attack, you walk towards your Pokemon, past the unconscious guard. After a few second, Shredder turns towards you and nods - he now knows the village's whereabouts.
Since there's pretty much nothing left you can do about the guard and his Pokemon, you urge Shredder to lead the way towards the village, and follow him with Tsunami in trail.
After a few minutes of walking, you notice that there aren't nearly as many trees around you as before, and quite suddenly, there are no trees around you at all - you've come into quite a large clearing in the middle of the forest. The clearing has two defining features - two guard towers standing in the middle of it, about 20 yards away from the edge of the clearing, where you are standing now. The towers are entirely wooden, they are supported by four pillars on which they are standing, and there is a distance of about 15 yards between them. On the back of them, facing away from you, there's a ladder leading up to the outlook at the top of the tower. In each of the towers, you spot a guard just like the one you've faced before, only that these don't seem to have any Pokemon with them. The whole clearing is about 75 yards long, but much, much wider - walking around it on the edge of it would take too long, considering that the guard and his Umbreon won't be out cold forever.
Somehow, you have to get through - but how?




Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xuande:

Returning Celes to her Pokeball, you cautiously and slowly being to walk past Ekans. Not taking your eyes from it, you walk, step by step..by step..by step..
..and suddenly, without warning, the Poison type opens its eyes, spots you, and hisses agressively. Looks like the little snake thinks you invaded its territoy, and now, it's not going to let you walk by just like that. Slowly, it raises up from the stone it was lying on, and slithers towards you. You swallow hard as you watch this, and then, Ekans stops, just a few yards away from you, gazing at you with a violent look in its eyes.
Knowing that you need a Pokemon's assistance now, you take a Pokeball from your belt and throw it, releasing the Pokemon within. With a bright Flash of light, your Mankey appears before you, facing Ekans. The little snake shifts its gaze from you to the little monkey, and hisses at it. Well, you better order something quick, since it looks like Ekans might attack any second now..




zami:

After arriving in the beautiful land of Elyra, you quickly make up your mind that you're not going to follow a set path, but instead go wherever destiny will lead - certainly a brave decision in an unknown land, but nonetheless, with Ayra by your side, you're sure that you're going to make it.
After setting foot in Elyra Port, the place where you arrived by boat, you're greeted by the very own atmosphere this port town has to offer - there are other travellers like you around, some with Pokemon, some without, who are preparing to set out on a great journey across Elyra. Then, of course, there are the inhabitants of this port, merchants, salesmen, entertainers, little kids running around, old folks, the crews of the ships docked here..you see that this is one busy port indeed.
Together with Ayra you make your way through the town, on the way observing merchants trying to sell the most exotic of wares, Pokemon trainers having fierce battles and people going on with their daily lives. You're quite amazed by all the things going around you that you almost get a heart attack when suddenly, right next to your face, you hear a loud "Whooooaaaa!"
Quite taken aback by that, you turn around to see the source of this exclamation - next to you is standing a boy of about 16 years, with medium-long, pretty wild brown hair, dressed in simple blue jeans and a red t-shirt. At first you think he's gazing at you, but then you notice that his eyes are set firmly on Ayra hovering next to you.
"Wow, I can't believe it, a Dragonair..I've never seen one of them with my own eyes. This must be my lucky day!" he exclaims. "Since I've been here, I haven't seen another Dragon trainer.."
For a moment you wonder what he means by that statement, when suddenly you notice that he has a Pokemon by his side as well. At first, you're reminded of a Grovyle crossed with a shark - the creature is blueish with a red belly, has a fairly large tail and a fin on its back, and is about as tall as you. It looks pretty intimidating, especially with those sharp claws..
Noticing you watching the Pokemon, the boy says "Oh, do you like him? Isn't he just the coolest? Ah, and don't worry, he'd never people, so don't mind those sharp claws of his.
Oh, hey, where are my manners? I haven't introduced myself..my name's Tyro, and this is my Gabite, called Rex. Pleased to meet you!"
The two of you shake hands, but before you get the chance to say anything, Tyro goes on talking.
"Well, I noticed that you have this beautiful Dragonair with you, and that you just arrived here and seem a little bit lost, so..well, for these two reasons, I think we should team up. Or, er..", he blushes a bit, "rather, I think you can help me out with this, eh, thing, and in return, you get to see the land of Elyra. Well, what do you say, uh..oh, I'm sorry, I think I didn't catch your name..?
Lee-san is offline  
Old 01-14-2008, 06:53 AM   #194
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Dragonair Re: The Twilight Realm

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Emotional turmoil is the only way to describe what you're feeling as the injustice of the situation hits you. Despair and frustration boil inside while you watch the two bandits escape upon the back of what you're assuming is a Shadow Fearow. The fact they've just stolen one of Loretta's Rapidash just adds insult to injury, but your immediate priority is Loretta who is likely to end up with every bone in her body broken if she continues to plummet straight toward the ground. Reacting swiftly, you throw a Rocket Ball into the air watching while Ephidel bursts out and heads straight into the sky to intercept the falling humans inevitable impact with the ground. Approaching her at an angle so as not to break her fall with too much force, Ephidel slips in beneath her with less than twenty metres to spare. Loretta grabs hold of him so tightly that he's almost tempted to shake her off before she squeezes the air from his lungs, but he instead comes in to land as quickly as possible, just as relieved when she leaps off his back as she is to be back on solid ground.

"Gaaaaaarh!" she screams, her frustrated yell so full of agony that you're wondering if she was hurt after all, but you soon realize her cry is more a mixture of fury, frustration, and distress than that of physical pain. Her gaze turns to the dark speck in the sky, her features twisted into a mask of emotional torment while the Rapidash she had referred to as "Andromeda" is carried off to who knows where. You can even feel the muscles of the Rapidash you're astride rippling, and can sense its desire to gallop across Elyra Field and beyond in pursuit of its friend. Fortunately it's aware of the fact that giving chase is pointless and it stays, its distressed whinnies and extreme restlessness the only signs of just how agitated it is.

"How could I have not seen that coming?!" Loretta cries, now blaming herself for having allowed the bandits to steal Andromeda. "How could I have been so STUPID?!"

Not quite sure how to respond, you remain silent, understanding that it may take a few minutes for her to calm down at such an emotional time. Eventually she does, turning to you with such a helpless expression that you wish there were more you could do to help.

"Well there's no point standing here," Loretta finally says resignedly. "Staring at the sky isn't going to get Andromeda back. I need to get back to the ranch, collect some things, and hunt them down."

Her expression has now changed into one of determination, and it's plain as day that she has no intention of hanging around here when her horse needs to be rescued.

"I'm so sorry for all of the trouble you've gone through at my expense," Loretta apologizes while gently stroking the nose of the Rapidash you're on. "You've done more than I could have asked, and all at the risk to yourself and your Pokémon. Why don't you tell me why you were traveling to the ranch while we make our way back. This may be the last chance we have to speak as I intend to leave before nightfall..."



Xander: Not wasting a moment, you have Bulbasaur's Pokéball in hand within a second of seeing the dangerous scene before you. The little grass type explodes from her ball as though sensing how dire the situation is, the bright burst of energy catching the girl's attention even from below.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!" she cries, looking up the cliffside, the hysterical tone in her voice matching the terrified expression on her little dirt covered, tear strewn face.

Bulbasaur, immediately understanding there is no time to waste, leaps into action even before Skarmory appears. Extending her vines down the cliffside, she wraps them securely around the girl, taking a moment to brace herself as firmly as possible in the soft soil before taking on the girl's full weight and beginning the slow process of pulling her steadily up the rocky precipice. After releasing Skarmory who immediately soars down to the water, you help to anchor Bulbasaur to ensure she doesn't slip, watching while your metal bird swoops in low beside Cubone. The little ground type, scared out of his mind, is frozen solid with his eyes fixed upon the girl while large waves crash all around him. Skarmory, forced to circle around a second time, doesn't even wait for Cubone to jump on his back this time, instead latching onto him with his talons and lifting him off the rocks.

Relieved to see that Cubone is safe, you reach over the cliffside and take hold of the girl just as Bulbasaur pulls her to the top. Gently hauling her up onto solid ground, you're sure to quickly carry her to a safe distance several metres back from the edge. Skarmory then passes overhead, dropping the distressed Cubone into the girls lap before coming in to land beside you. Cubone leaps into the childs embrace, each of them hugging the other so tightly you're almost convinced they're going to squish one another to death. Giving them a few moments to comfort each other, you study them closely wondering how they'd managed to find themselves in such a perilous situation. The girl doesn't appear to be more than six, and Cubone looks to be quite young, so how they'd ended up way out here is anyone's guess. Finally, the girl looks up at you, a small smile quivering on her lips.

"Thank you mister," she says quietly. "Thank you for saving Bonky and me..."
enchantress is offline  
Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 AM   #195
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,033
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Shadowshocker: Emotional turmoil is the only way to describe what you're feeling as the injustice of the situation hits you. Despair and frustration boil inside while you watch the two bandits escape upon the back of what you're assuming is a Shadow Fearow. The fact they've just stolen one of Loretta's Rapidash just adds insult to injury, but your immediate priority is Loretta who is likely to end up with every bone in her body broken if she continues to plummet straight toward the ground. Reacting swiftly, you throw a Rocket Ball into the air watching while Ephidel bursts out and heads straight into the sky to intercept the falling humans inevitable impact with the ground. Approaching her at an angle so as not to break her fall with too much force, Ephidel slips in beneath her with less than twenty metres to spare. Loretta grabs hold of him so tightly that he's almost tempted to shake her off before she squeezes the air from his lungs, but he instead comes in to land as quickly as possible, just as relieved when she leaps off his back as she is to be back on solid ground.

"Gaaaaaarh!" she screams, her frustrated yell so full of agony that you're wondering if she was hurt after all, but you soon realize her cry is more a mixture of fury, frustration, and distress than that of physical pain. Her gaze turns to the dark speck in the sky, her features twisted into a mask of emotional torment while the Rapidash she had referred to as "Andromeda" is carried off to who knows where. You can even feel the muscles of the Rapidash you're astride rippling, and can sense its desire to gallop across Elyra Field and beyond in pursuit of its friend. Fortunately it's aware of the fact that giving chase is pointless and it stays, its distressed whinnies and extreme restlessness the only signs of just how agitated it is.

"How could I have not seen that coming?!" Loretta cries, now blaming herself for having allowed the bandits to steal Andromeda. "How could I have been so STUPID?!"

Not quite sure how to respond, you remain silent, understanding that it may take a few minutes for her to calm down at such an emotional time. Eventually she does, turning to you with such a helpless expression that you wish there were more you could do to help.

"Well there's no point standing here," Loretta finally says resignedly. "Staring at the sky isn't going to get Andromeda back. I need to get back to the ranch, collect some things, and hunt them down."

Her expression has now changed into one of determination, and it's plain as day that she has no intention of hanging around here when her horse needs to be rescued.

"I'm so sorry for all of the trouble you've gone through at my expense," Loretta apologizes while gently stroking the nose of the Rapidash you're on. "You've done more than I could have asked, and all at the risk to yourself and your Pokémon. Why don't you tell me why you were traveling to the ranch while we make our way back. This may be the last chance we have to speak as I intend to leave before nightfall..."

The mood, Shadow could tell, was melancholy at best, if that could even begin to describe the deep pit of low the scientist felt they were in; him, his new acquaintance, and their teammates sans one. Though it had barely been minutes since they met, Shadow could feel Loretta's negative emotions cloak the area like mist in a graveyard, and he shared them. It could easily have been Mango, or another of his team that had been snatched away before his eyes. Tears stung the eyes of the normally indifferent scientist, threatening to pour out and join in Loretta's grief. Yet his characteristic emotional range of a teaspoon held. "That's what you get for surrounding yourself in data for most of your intelligent life," he dully noted.

"It's not your fault, Loretta." Softly he spoke, meeting the ranchgirl's gaze. "If anything, I was to blame for freaking out back there and making the incorrect decisions."

He didn't like to admit it, but his conscience would not have allowed him to say otherwise. He had feared in the face of sudden, overwhelming adversity, and the price to pay from his indecision had barely even inconvenienced him. He had cost the Laramie Ranch another of their fine steeds.

They began the journey back to the ranch, hints of sadness still lingering in the air. Now that the current battle had ended, Shadow's rationale and planning once again took precedence in his head, along with calmer speech.

"Well, I had originally come to the Laramie Ranch to participate in the field games," he explained. "I was hoping to win some prizes and add to my savings for a Porygon -- it's a rather definitive choice of mine for a team member, me being... well, rather the Super Nerd, myself, but... now, it doesn't even seem like a priority."

As he made conversation, Shadow's mind got to work. While he couldn't affirm the precise nature of the bandits' capture device, the most obvious conclusion he had come to was that this wasn't the first time the thefts were carried out in such a fashion. From what he had observed, it was extremely likely that the Fearow was another victim of the kidnap machine, though it wasn't a sure thing it could be classified strictly as a Shadow Pokemon.

The most intriguing and disturbing observation, Shadow noted, was the device's capability to override the ownership programme of the PokéBall. Possibly, assuming that the Fearow he'd seen had undergone the machine's effects, the vicious purple aura surrounding the Fearow had something to do with the device's ownership-overriding programming. Was it based on enforced mind control, or was it simply a stronger form of energy that countered and overwhelmed the PokéBall capture net? Was there a trail of energy signature to follow? At such a preliminary stage with no concrete data at hand, Shadow could not even start to conjecture properly.

He looked back at Loretta, seeing the grimly set determination she bore. A niggle had been forming at the back of his brain, and now it was at the point where Shadow could not simply brush it away in dismissal. Perhaps, all along, he knew what he had to do. There was no way he would let her face this ominous danger all alone. He had borne witness to the evil force she would be fighting against, and she would need help, no matter how little.

Before his sensible side could say anything in response, he had halted the Rapidash he was riding on with a severely serious look on his face, and dismounted to look Loretta in the eye.

"Loretta, I... I'd like to go with you. To save Andromeda, and the other Laramie Pokemon." Shadow spoke, trying his best to echo the determination Loretta displayed. "From what I've seen, taking these criminals head-on won't be the best answer. They possess advanced technology, possibly even an impenetrable fortress -- I can offer my help with regards to the scientific aspects. But though though I may not be strong, or even highly experienced... there's no way I'm going to stand here and let you go out there without backup, alone. You'll need someone to watch your back, to help if things get impossible... Please, Loretta, let me go with you!"

The scientist panted for breath, a faint blush colouring his cheeks. Emotional displays, especially in outburst form, had never been his thing. But would Loretta accept his offer of assistance?

Silently, he awaited the ranchgirl's answer.
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 01-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #196
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,161
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xuande: Returning Celes to her Pokeball, you cautiously and slowly being to walk past Ekans. Not taking your eyes from it, you walk, step by step..by step..by step..
..and suddenly, without warning, the Poison type opens its eyes, spots you, and hisses agressively. Looks like the little snake thinks you invaded its territoy, and now, it's not going to let you walk by just like that. Slowly, it raises up from the stone it was lying on, and slithers towards you. You swallow hard as you watch this, and then, Ekans stops, just a few yards away from you, gazing at you with a violent look in its eyes.
Knowing that you need a Pokemon's assistance now, you take a Pokeball from your belt and throw it, releasing the Pokemon within. With a bright Flash of light, your Mankey appears before you, facing Ekans. The little snake shifts its gaze from you to the little monkey, and hisses at it. Well, you better order something quick, since it looks like Ekans might attack any second now..
OoC: I took several days to see if I could improve this, but ... not much came to mind. Sorry for the brevity!

This was the first time Cyrus had used Mankey in a battle against a wild Pokémon. The two had trained together since that day long ago, the day he and Celes defeated the brutish primate in order to save a petrified Oddish. Mankey now knew a couple of interesting moves, and Cyrus was interested to see just how Mankey would pull them off against a combattive foe.

"Mankey!" Cyrus called. "If Ekans wants to have a staring contest, let's show him what a REAL stare looks like -- use Leer! Follow it up with Fire Punch! And then use your Scratch attack!"

Here was the first of Mankey's new moves -- Fire Punch. Now, how would Ekans respond?

Meanwhile, Cyrus sized up the battlefield for any signs of a possible advantage ...


OoC Edit-Update: As of February 4th, my Mankey went from Level 9 to Level 28 and learned many moves. Consult this post for more details.
Talon87 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #197
Ytnim
Pokemon Trainer
 
Ytnim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Posts: 7
Send a message via AIM to Ytnim
Re: The Twilight Realm

Staring out of a porthole in a cruise liner's living suite, is a young man, in his late teens. He is wearing rather casual clothes, a clean white t-shirt and board shorts, sneakers on his feet. His hand goes to his forehead to brush his hair from his eyes, which are a dark brown colour.

While on first approach he might seem just an ordinary teenager, on vacation or something, a closer inspection he can been seen to be a pokémon trainer. His mostly white shorts have the picture of six pokéballs, three on each leg, just below the top seam, or so it would appear. In actual reality, these designs are not designs at all, but real pokéballs, presumably holding real pokémon, the shorts having been either made specially for this use or a later edition for ease of use, the answer is unknown, and also irrelevant.

A knock is heard behind the boy, on the other side of his room's door. The trainer turns, and walks over to the door, opening it.

"Good morning Mr. Anderson." A member of the crew's hospitality department was on the other side of the door, his name tag reading "Bruce". Bruce was obviously older than the young man, and his calling him "Mister" amused him.

"Please Bruce, like I told you last time you were here, call me Minty, please?" The boy replied.

"Yes sir. Here is the map of Elyra you requested Mr. Minty." Bruce replies, not getting his customer's request as it was intended.

Minty shakes his head at being called sir, but says nothing, taking the map with a thank you and he closes the door after Bruce leaves. Opening up the new map on the table, his eyes scan the lands, obviously looking for something in particular. Grabbing a pencil, he circles five areas, noting their names. Next to the bed in the room was a beside table, and on it was a book titled "A Tourist's Guide to Elyra: PokéTrainer Edition". Grabbing it, he flips to each location that he circled on the map and reads the introduction about them. He then pulls out the pencil again, turning it upside down and scrubbing out two of the locations circled with the rubber. Seemingly puzzled, the trainer reaches down to his shorts and pushes the button on each of the pokéballs, a red line of energy extending from each one, forming into six completely different pokémon.

The first formed into a humanoid pokémon slightly taller than Minty, it's red, yellow and orange colouration depicts it to be a fire type. It is a Blaziken, who was given the name Havok by Minty. The second rather resembled a fluffy cloud with a head and talons protruding. The "cloud" is actually it's wings, the pokémon is known as Altaria, with this particular one named Zephyr by her trainer. The third to appear was a short, green pokémon, looking something like a cross between a lizard and a mushroom. This Breloom is called Bane, although it seems an ill-fitting name for such a creature at first glance. The next to enter the room from his pokéball was another small one, but not particularly cuddly-looking. Sharp spines covering his back and deadly claws on each of his four limbs, this pokémon looked like a fearsome foe indeed. The ground type Sandslash was aptly given the name of Granite. The second last pokémon was mostly blue with a black spiral on its white underbelly. The Poliwhirl gave a mischievous wink to his trainer, which was returned to Tonic, the water pokémon's name. The last, but certainly not least to be released was a four-legged pokémon with a sharp yellow mane, and an overall sharp appearance. The Manectric was called Blitz, and from his build, one could tell why.

"Ok guys," Minty calls his team in, "we need to make a decision. You all know I'm looking for a particular pokémon which I think could be an excellent addition to our family, but failing that, I reckon a good old fashioned adventure would be just great, don't you think? Well I've circled the places that I reckon that species is likely to find a home in, so now we need to choose which one we want? First up is Empyrean Mountain, a volcanic mountain-"

"Blaze! Blaziken!" Havok butts in, his wrists bursting into flame.

"Yeah, yeah, I figured as much Havok, just settle down will ya? Where was I? Oh yeah, it's active, so could get dangerous. Next up is Mt. Glacier, another volcano, but it's been dormant for generations apparently, and it's peak is now covered in snow and ice, but it's prone to some extreme blizzards and stuff, so no cake walk there either. Lastly is a place called Incura Valley. It's a harsh desert with caverns and rocky ledges and all sorts of other challenging obstacles to overcome. So, show of hands who wants to go to the valley?" Minty puts forth the question to his pokemon.

Granite and Bane immediately shoot up their appendages, Granite because the place sounded so much like his natural terrain, and Bane because of the challenging nature of the place. As the two were great friends it was expected that the two would choose the same area.

"Ok, noted you two. Next, Mt. Glacier?" Minty puts forth the second option.

Zephyr has no hands but she nodded her head vigorously, showing her choice. Blitz, seemingly about to vote for the snow covered mountain too, gets a face full of water. Tonic, ever the prankster, shot a weak water gun into the face of Blitz before raising his hand in this option as well. Blitz glares at the water pokémon, crackling slightly with electric energy before calming down, and not making any further action to vote for this course of action.

Minty slaps his face, realising where how this vote was going to end. "And you two want to go to Empyrean Mountain, am I right?"

Havok nods his approval again, along with Blitz.

"A tie. You guys are always so helpful, aren't you?" Minty says sarcastically, "Ok, we draw straws, or in this case, pencil pieces." Picking up the pencil, Minty turns his back and snaps it into three bits, one smaller than the other two. "Ok Havok and Tonic, you each take a piece. Havok, if you get the small one, we go to Empyrean Mountain. Tonic, if you get it, Mt. Glacier will be our destination. If I'm left with the small one, we go to Incura Valley." Minty holds his hands so the lengths of each piece are unknown.

Havok takes one, of average length, a frown comes over his face. Tonic steps up, and picks one of the two remaining, and compares it with Havok's and they find to their surprise that it is longer than Havok's. Minty reveals the remaining one is also longer than Havoks, who realising he's won, burns his pencil piece to a crisp on his wrists.

Just then, the internal P.A System chimed on. "Passengers, this is Captain Walker speaking. We are now cruising into the Elyra Port, and you will need to disembark soon. Please begin preparations for departure. Thank you, Captain out."

"Well then, that settles it, Empyrean Mountain it is." Minty tells his pokémon before returning them to their pokéballs and gathering his belongings, so he is ready to leave when the ship docks.
__________________

Party:
Steel Core Egg | Lvl 55 Zephyr | Lvl 38 Bane
Lvl 27 Granite | Lvl 50 Tonic | Lvl 30 Blitz

PC:
Lvl 23 Core | Lvl 5 Cannon
Lvl 7 Ether | Lvl 55 Havok
Ytnim is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 03:40 AM   #198
Xander
Pokemon Trainer
 
Xander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27
Re: The Twilight Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Xander: Not wasting a moment, you have Bulbasaur's Pokéball in hand within a second of seeing the dangerous scene before you. The little grass type explodes from her ball as though sensing how dire the situation is, the bright burst of energy catching the girl's attention even from below.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!" she cries, looking up the cliffside, the hysterical tone in her voice matching the terrified expression on her little dirt covered, tear strewn face.

Bulbasaur, immediately understanding there is no time to waste, leaps into action even before Skarmory appears. Extending her vines down the cliffside, she wraps them securely around the girl, taking a moment to brace herself as firmly as possible in the soft soil before taking on the girl's full weight and beginning the slow process of pulling her steadily up the rocky precipice. After releasing Skarmory who immediately soars down to the water, you help to anchor Bulbasaur to ensure she doesn't slip, watching while your metal bird swoops in low beside Cubone. The little ground type, scared out of his mind, is frozen solid with his eyes fixed upon the girl while large waves crash all around him. Skarmory, forced to circle around a second time, doesn't even wait for Cubone to jump on his back this time, instead latching onto him with his talons and lifting him off the rocks.

Relieved to see that Cubone is safe, you reach over the cliffside and take hold of the girl just as Bulbasaur pulls her to the top. Gently hauling her up onto solid ground, you're sure to quickly carry her to a safe distance several metres back from the edge. Skarmory then passes overhead, dropping the distressed Cubone into the girls lap before coming in to land beside you. Cubone leaps into the childs embrace, each of them hugging the other so tightly you're almost convinced they're going to squish one another to death. Giving them a few moments to comfort each other, you study them closely wondering how they'd managed to find themselves in such a perilous situation. The girl doesn't appear to be more than six, and Cubone looks to be quite young, so how they'd ended up way out here is anyone's guess. Finally, the girl looks up at you, a small smile quivering on her lips.

"Thank you mister," she says quietly. "Thank you for saving Bonky and me..."
The relief Xander is feeling to see this girl and her Cubone safe after such a terrifying ordeal is slowly turning into anger. Where are her parents, and how can they be irresponsible enough to let their child wander freely when there is such dangerous terrain in the area? He has a few things he'd like to say to them, but now is not the time to dwell on it. Careful not to let the girl see or sense his disapproval in case she misinterprets it to mean he's upset with her, Xander returns her smile. "You're welcome, pumpkin" he answers, reaching out and patting Cubone's bony skull. "You and Bonky are both welcome."

Thanking fate for sending him via the warehouse district this morning which led to his meeting Roger who is responsible for Xander being here now, Xander examines the girl's teary face not wanting to imagine what may have happened to her had he not been here when she needed help. Feeling responsible for her now that she is safe, Xander has no intention of letting her out of his sight until he knows she is safely home even if it means his package will be delivered later than planned.

"What is your name, and why are you and Bonky way out here all alone?" he asks, hoping that some conversation will help to take the girls mind off her traumatic experience.
__________________
Active FB Squad
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.35 Lv.25 Lv.21 Lv.19

Lanette's PC
Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100 Lv.100
Lv.100 Lv.25 Lv.17 Lv.6 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.5 Lv.2
Xander is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #199
zami
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Re: Lee's group - Update #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
zami: After arriving in the beautiful land of Elyra, you quickly make up your mind that you're not going to follow a set path, but instead go wherever destiny will lead - certainly a brave decision in an unknown land, but nonetheless, with Ayra by your side, you're sure that you're going to make it.
After setting foot in Elyra Port, the place where you arrived by boat, you're greeted by the very own atmosphere this port town has to offer - there are other travellers like you around, some with Pokemon, some without, who are preparing to set out on a great journey across Elyra. Then, of course, there are the inhabitants of this port, merchants, salesmen, entertainers, little kids running around, old folks, the crews of the ships docked here..you see that this is one busy port indeed.
Together with Ayra you make your way through the town, on the way observing merchants trying to sell the most exotic of wares, Pokemon trainers having fierce battles and people going on with their daily lives. You're quite amazed by all the things going around you that you almost get a heart attack when suddenly, right next to your face, you hear a loud "Whooooaaaa!"
Quite taken aback by that, you turn around to see the source of this exclamation - next to you is standing a boy of about 16 years, with medium-long, pretty wild brown hair, dressed in simple blue jeans and a red t-shirt. At first you think he's gazing at you, but then you notice that his eyes are set firmly on Ayra hovering next to you.
"Wow, I can't believe it, a Dragonair..I've never seen one of them with my own eyes. This must be my lucky day!" he exclaims. "Since I've been here, I haven't seen another Dragon trainer.."
For a moment you wonder what he means by that statement, when suddenly you notice that he has a Pokemon by his side as well. At first, you're reminded of a Grovyle crossed with a shark - the creature is blueish with a red belly, has a fairly large tail and a fin on its back, and is about as tall as you. It looks pretty intimidating, especially with those sharp claws..
Noticing you watching the Pokemon, the boy says "Oh, do you like him? Isn't he just the coolest? Ah, and don't worry, he'd never people, so don't mind those sharp claws of his.
Oh, hey, where are my manners? I haven't introduced myself..my name's Tyro, and this is my Gabite, called Rex. Pleased to meet you!"
The two of you shake hands, but before you get the chance to say anything, Tyro goes on talking.
"Well, I noticed that you have this beautiful Dragonair with you, and that you just arrived here and seem a little bit lost, so..well, for these two reasons, I think we should team up. Or, er..", he blushes a bit, "rather, I think you can help me out with this, eh, thing, and in return, you get to see the land of Elyra. Well, what do you say, uh..oh, I'm sorry, I think I didn't catch your name..?
Catherine looked around at her environment with amazment. She took in all the events going on stopping here and there to get a quick snipet of a battle all the while Ayra quietly hovered behind her. She was in her own little world untill a loud sound snapped her back into reality. Immediately she noticed a boy around her age staring in her derection and it took her a few moments to realize that he was admiring Ayra who was calmly staring back at him.

Only after he exlaimed his excitment over seeing a Dragonair did Catherine notice the large blue dragon standing beside the boy. She had never seen a creature like it before on her adventures and she could not help but gaze at it taking in its wonderful form.

After he interduced himself Catherine decided it was best to shake his hand while Ayra gave a quick nod as a sign of meeting. Catherine was about to ask Rex a few question when he butted in and answered most of the thoughts swirling around in her mind.

"Alright, it probably will be better to travel this land with another person especialy since I have never been here before," Catherine answered after quickly thinking the idea over. "Oh by the way my name is Catherine and the lovely Dragonair beside me is Ayra," Catherine quickly added.

"Drag, drag," Dragonair spoke while bowing her head as a sign of interduction. Catherine noticed that the dragon was quite honoured by the way the Rex admired her. She was not use to this kind of reaction because Catherine rarely ever took her into town.

After getting the introduction over with Catherine wondered whether she should try starting up a conversation of let Rex do some talking. Unfortinaly for her she was kind of on the shy side so conversation with people she did not know well were hard. She then decided it was best to see what Rex wanted to say or do next.
__________________
[center:38imtg0o]Fizzy Bubbles Team
Arya Lv 40 (F) Rage Lv 100 (M) Riolu Lv 1 (M)
Sumer Lv 40 (M) Majesty Lv 40 (F)

PC
Ledy Lv 100 (M) Shimmer Lv 100 (F) Shine Lv 100 (M) Saphira Lv 35 (F)
Angel Lv 53 (F) Buneary Lv 1 (M) Lapras Lv 40 (F) Vasukia Lv 35 (F)
Athrun Lv 100 (M) Eevee Lv 1 (F) Nidorino Lv 34 (M)[/center:38imtg0o]
zami is offline  
Old 01-31-2008, 06:05 AM   #200
thed3
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: O-Ah-Who
Posts: 91
Re: Lee's group - Update #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
thed3: by the way, only the tree snapped in two, not the man, so you're not a murder, don't worry xD

Knowing that you must act quickly in order to assure that your mission will be a success, you order Shredder and Tsunami to stop Umbreon as fast as possible.
Shredder doesn't waste any time whatsoever and immediately disappears after hearing your order, only to appear right in front of Umbreon again a split second later, striking it for some damage and stopping it in its track. Seeing the Umbreon stop, Tsunami turns around and fires his cannons in the opposite direction, propelling him towards the Dark type and crashing right into it, striking it for some nice damage. The guard's Pokemon screams out in pain after being hit by such a huge Pokemon as Blastoise, but Tsunami knows that now isn't the time to show mercy and releases a chillingly-cold Ice Beam from his mouth. The attack hits and..completely freezes Umbreon, encasing it in a solid block of ice.
Knowing that you're safe - at least for now - you sigh with relief and watch as Shredder hovers in front of Umbreon and focues totally on it. Knowing that he is executing his Mind Reader attack, you walk towards your Pokemon, past the unconscious guard. After a few second, Shredder turns towards you and nods - he now knows the village's whereabouts.
Since there's pretty much nothing left you can do about the guard and his Pokemon, you urge Shredder to lead the way towards the village, and follow him with Tsunami in trail.
After a few minutes of walking, you notice that there aren't nearly as many trees around you as before, and quite suddenly, there are no trees around you at all - you've come into quite a large clearing in the middle of the forest. The clearing has two defining features - two guard towers standing in the middle of it, about 20 yards away from the edge of the clearing, where you are standing now. The towers are entirely wooden, they are supported by four pillars on which they are standing, and there is a distance of about 15 yards between them. On the back of them, facing away from you, there's a ladder leading up to the outlook at the top of the tower. In each of the towers, you spot a guard just like the one you've faced before, only that these don't seem to have any Pokemon with them. The whole clearing is about 75 yards long, but much, much wider - walking around it on the edge of it would take too long, considering that the guard and his Umbreon won't be out cold forever.
Somehow, you have to get through - but how?
Finally Tsunami is out of the PokeSpa... Now I can finally reply to this update, huzzah!

Following Shredder, his Shedinja, who just recently read the mind of a guard's Umbreon towards the people's village. Soon enough the amount of trees that Thed is running past begin to become lower and lower and soon he can see there is a clearing with two guard towers. "Good job Shredder," Thed says softly as he pats Shredders halo. "Now all we need to do is get past these guys and hopefully we'll be in the village and find Coconut... But, we can't simply go around since I'm unsure how long the guard and that feral Umbreon will be out." Thed thought for awhile and remembered that he just recently taught Shredder a quite helpful TM.

Thed looked at Shredder and said, "Sorry buddy, but I'm going to have to ask you to be bait for me and Tsunami. I know this is going to be really tough, but I'm sure you can pull it off and rejoin us right after." Thed then grabbed Tsunami's head and drew it close to his and Shredders. "Alright here's the plan. Shredder will use a Double Team to create some clones of himself and he'll go out and distract the guards. Shredder if you feel you're in danger use Protect, Detect, and Endure at your own discretion. I'm going to be riding on Tsunami who will Withdraw into his shell and propel himself with his cannons. If me and Tsunami are seen well we'll just run over anyone or thing that get's in our way. Shredder in all this calamity I want you to be aware of your surroundings don't let anything surprise you. Use a Shadow Ball on the ground to hopefully cause some sort of explosion with dust and such and then use Faint Attack to get to me and Tsunami and then hold onto my shirt with your claws and we'll ride off with Tsuanmi. If you get overwhelmed Shredder call out to us and me and Tsunami will help you out someway, somehow even if we have to stop."

Shredder floated like it always did and gave a knowing nod to Thed and Tsunami. Thed prepared himself by getting onto and grabbing Tsunami's shell. He hoped they would be able to get past the guards and get into the village. Coconut's life was at stake and Thed knew that his plan had to be successful in order to for Coconut, as well as Tsunami and Shredder, to make it out of here alive.
__________________

Go-On Yellow!
*farts*
The Eh No Make Li'Dat Crew
thed3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.