UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 03-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #151
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Been streaming an Emerald Nuzlocke two days ago. Didn't get too far but caught a lot of goodies~ Also I'm playing with Duplicate clause on.

Team:
- SHROOOOOMS Lv. 5 Male Shroomish
- Atluss Lv.6 Female Ralts
- Goongull Lv.5 Male Wingull
- Pooches Lv. 6 Male Poochyena
- P.U.G. (Pick Up God) Lv. 5 Male Zigzagoon
- Apollo Lv.10 Male Torchic

At Petalburg Woods so far, stopped after defeating the Team Aqua grunt there. So yeah, so far the team is looking very well rounded. It would kill me if any of these guys died ;_;
Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #152
Firewater
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Firewater
lol, still going through Soul Silver- noone's died in a while anyway, 8/8 badges in Johto, 3/8 in Kanto

Quinto- Lv.60 Girarafig
I_D- Lv.59 Gloom
Blaze- Lv.50 Rhydon
Stblk- Lv.54 Skarmory
Brandan- Lv.52 Gyarados
Rangeet- Lv.50 Machoke

...yeah, I miss the original 6. but fuck Lance. seriously, that Dragonite can go to hell.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #153
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Someone just died while training to battle Elesa so I felt the need to update.

Current Team:

Wayne: Gurdurr-Male-Level 28
Ziggy: Simipour-Male-Level 28
Clay: Dwebble-Male-Level 29

Dead:

Thestalos: Darumaka-Male-Level 15-20 (died in the desert)
Cassie: Snivy-Female-Level 5-28

Also, since it was my starter that died, I went ahead and wrote something about it.

Spoiler: show
Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. It was a weak attack. I thought she could take it but when it actually came, I found myself nearly in tears. The Pansage's claws raked across Cassie's chest. The look on her face matched mine in terms of fear and shock. The simian's claws shredded open her chest, severing a major artery and leaving her bleeding profusely. I called out her name as she fell into the grass. A sickening thud emanated as the Servine's body hit the earth.

I couldn't help myself. As soon as she hit I ran over and fell to my knees at her side. As gently as I could, I picked her body up. I could feel it convulsing as she took harsh, labored breaths. Eyelids hung heavy as the light began to fade from her pupils. A long breath was drawn in, as if she was getting ready to say one final message. No words came out with the breath. I felt the body, once vibrant and lively, go limp with lifelessness.

Tears fell from my eyes, landing on the corpse in my arms. In the back of my mind I was hoping that it would be like one of those movies where someone who cares about someone who died cries on the body and it comes back to life in some magical way. I knew it wouldn't happen but the hope was still there. I pulled her in close. Blood saturated my jacket but I didn't care. I just wanted her back.

Something rushed passed my side. I wouldn't find out until hours later that it was Wayne. The Gurdurr had seen his ally fall and had apparently beaten the opposing Pansage to near death. I would go back and apologize to that trainer. She'll accept but I'll get the feeling she won't mean it.

After the shape passed by me, two more appeared at my side. My own monkey, Ziggy, a Simipour, and Clay, my Dwebble, were both staring at Cassie's body. Both started crying. Ziggy was crying harder which made me remember that he had known Cassie almost as long as I had. She rooted him on as he soloed the Striaton Gym and assisted in the training that had prepared him for that feat. Their bond was brother-sisterly.

We stayed out in that field for another hour weeping. For the next hour after that, we searched for a suitable, solitary place and buried her there. Clay helped in finding a suitable rock to use as a gravestone and Wayne helped in putting it in the ground. By the time we finished, the sun had begun to set. Rather than trekking back to the city in the dark, we decided to stay at that spot in the woods. Our last night with Cassie.

Probably not a great piece of writing but hey, it was a spur of the moment idea and written in a half hour. Should be good enough to convey what I want.

EDIT: Announcing the cancellation of Black Nuzlocke. Instead, I'll be starting a VoltWhite Nuzlocke.

Last edited by kusari; 03-11-2012 at 03:14 PM.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #154
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

@FW: Brandan as Gyrados and Rangeet as Machoke? I think it would be better the other way around, but whatever. XD

Anyway, let it be known far and wide that I kill everything I see. Getting more than two team members is going to be a miracle.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #155
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Got Volt White working, and going to Nuzlocke it. Any preferences on documentation?

I'm going to use the species clause(so I can spam special grass >=D) and, to balance it, the one heal clause where I get one heal per healer, and an additional heal in each town after I beat the town's gym leader. (basically, all of Pokemon Journey HD's rules)

Thanks Pengy!

Watching every episode of pokemon

Most Recent Episode: Se3 Ep133 - Fighting Flyer With Fire
Tuner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #156
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
I'm going to use the species clause(so I can spam special grass >=D) and, to balance it, the one heal clause where I get one heal per healer, and an additional heal in each town after I beat the town's gym leader. (basically, all of Pokemon Journey HD's rules)
I don't think you realize what a terrible handicap this is. "To balance it," you say, but ... this is like saying "to balance the fact that I'm playing basketball against a child, I'm going to close my eyes and I have to walk backwards."

All I can say is, gooooooooooooooood luck! Doable in Gen 3, sure, but Gen 5 ...
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #157
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I don't think you realize what a terrible handicap this is. "To balance it," you say, but ... this is like saying "to balance the fact that I'm playing basketball against a child, I'm going to close my eyes and I have to walk backwards."

All I can say is, gooooooooooooooood luck! Doable in Gen 3, sure, but Gen 5 ...
Well I watched an entire playthrough of a guy doing it on youtube(Pokemon Journey HD), so I know what to expect, and the tricks to make it easier... Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

Thanks Pengy!

Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #158
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm just saying. Gen 5's ridiculously CritHit happy. Even putting your life into the low green, never mind the yellow or the red, while fighting in this game can be risky if you're Nuzlocke-ing it. And this very practice is going to become a regular occurrence with you since you'll only get to use non-gym city PokeCenters once and gym city PokeCenters twice.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #159
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Is it even possible to finish that? I mean, you won't be able to grind much at all because you'll run out of PP too fast, and have to Struggle out all your battles against opponents who aren't Struggling.

The only chances you'll get for PP recovery would be Mom's house, Pokecenters, and learning new moves. Not sure the game can be beat on that...

Also, did they up the crit chance in Gen V or something, or are you just referring to personal experience, Talon? And if you're referring to personal experience... how? Didn't you boycott this game?
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #160
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
^He's got a point
Old 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #161
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
Also, did they up the crit chance in Gen V or something, or are you just referring to personal experience, Talon? And if you're referring to personal experience... how? Didn't you boycott this game?
Everyone said I had to play it before I could knock it. So I did play it. While maintaining my boycott. Then everybody said I had to play it in English. So I did that too. Then everybody said making it through Gym 3's city wasn't good enough to judge. "Fine, ~_~" I said. So I beat the game. And just to shut them up before they could say anything, I pressed on and did most of the post-Story Mode stuff too (like getting Volcarona out of the desert castle and finding Cynthia at the summer resort city).

So I've done both, as paradoxical as that may sound to you: maintained my boycott ("not going to buy another game until they shape up >_>") but at the same time have played the game so that I can back up my claims with first-hand authority -- because YOU THE PEOPLE demanded me to.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #162
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I wasn't accusing you or anything, I was genuinely curious - I didn't know that you had emulated it.

That said, do you find BW crit-crazy because of your personal experience, or because they changed a game mechanic?

I also find it funny that I've played less of the game than you - I beat it twice, with two different starters, and haven't done much of any post-game stuff at all.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #163
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

For the record, Bidoof is a fucking tank.

Was expecting a rock-type. Instead, Brandan63 the Psyduck has joined the team.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Current team:

Charm: Male Charmander, Level 11/12 (Can't remember atm)
Maple: Female Bidoof, Level 10
Brandan63: Female Psyduck, Level 7
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.

Last edited by Kindrindra; 03-12-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #164
swampert28
#009: Blastoise

If anyone of you have an ralts call it swampy .
Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #165
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Just beat Brawly in emerald

Team:
Grovyle level 18
Beautifly level 18
Kadabra level 18
Whismur level 12
Makuhita level 10
Magikarp level 10

Haven't lost anyone lately.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #166
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Since it's Volt White, I have a lot more, higher tiered options avalible to me so I can create a more balanced team. Additionally, I get lots of Lucky Eggs and EXP. Shares early in the game to help train with but yes, PP is a limiting factor. Like I said, I watched a guy finish the challenge so I know it's possible.

Thanks Pengy!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #167
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

I can't wait to see how that turns out.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #168
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Which is why I asked all of you how you'd like me to chronicle it I appreciate all the 'OMG NO WAI DATS HARD' comments and all, but no one's given me a suggestion for keeping track of what I'm doing yet... xD I can't draw, so a comic isn't really going to happen. I've never streamed before, but I guess I could if enough people would like to see it, or I can just write some paragraphs after every time I play or so? IDK, what would you all prefer?

Thanks Pengy!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #169
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Stream would be cool, I'd watch it. The paragraph idea would be fine as well.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #170
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

You could always just make it a screenshot run. Just take a picture of the screen after you do something significant (or whenever you want) and post it here. You could even put it in spoilers to cut down the length of the post.

We really should have separate threads for these runs if they're going to be increasing in number.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #171
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You could do a 1st person narrative diary (a.k.a. diary fiction) like Dracula or Dinotopia.

March 12, 2012
Hungry, tired, holed up under tree on Route 6. Kerban is asleep; he's breathing heavily, but the antidote seems to be working as his fever's broken. It was a close call: that Wurmple came out of nowhere. If it hadn't been for Kerban, I might have been a goner. It's a good thing I had an antidote on me ... unfortunately, that was my last one, and we're still 10 miles away from the nearest city. Hopefully Kerban and I can make it back to Driftveil without incident.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #172
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
You could do a 1st person narrative diary (a.k.a. diary fiction) like Dracula or Dinotopia.

March 12, 2012
Hungry, tired, holed up under tree on Route 6. Kerban is asleep; he's breathing heavily, but the antidote seems to be working as his fever's broken. It was a close call: that Wurmple came out of nowhere. If it hadn't been for Kerban, I might have been a goner. It's a good thing I had an antidote on me ... unfortunately, that was my last one, and we're still 10 miles away from the nearest city. Hopefully Kerban and I can make it back to Driftveil without incident.
Although neat, I am not that creative. I could compose a symphony about my adventure, but I would not know how to write a diary about it if I had to to save my life. xD

Currently trying to figure out how to make livestream work. I'll probably do a combo of that and screenshots

Thanks Pengy!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #173
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Do the symphony. Yes yes yeeeeeeeessssssss!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #174
Tuner89
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymez View Post
I wouldn't be able to until I knew how the adventure ended... motives n such... But if enough people would actually listen to it, I would for sure =D

Thanks Pengy!

Old 03-12-2012, 09:27 PM   #175
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner89 View Post
Although neat, I am not that creative. I could compose a symphony about my adventure, but I would not know how to write a diary about it if I had to to save my life. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haymez View Post
song that plays when Tuner loses his starter

Oskar Tuner: I ... I could have done more. ;_; I COULD HAVE DONE MORE! ;____;

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON