UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 09-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #101
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Round 28: Oh joy, it’s Koi

Can we get this done in the next eight days? Can we? Also, that two Embers clause is rather a lot now Jeri, should probably look at that.

The penultimate Pokémon of our twelve emerges on to the by now fairly battle scarred sand, and we see that Jerichi’s final representative is his iconic Kecleon, Koi. Lizzie the Jynx regards the newcomer warily, perhaps fearing the myriad super effective opportunities a normal type usually brings to the party.

Sure enough, we have a super effective attack straight off the bat from the Chameleon Pokémon, who strides forwards with a stream of KOI NO MAJIKARU BIIMU. Which I think translates as “Koi doesn’t like you one little bit, and now he’s going to burn you to flaming deaths. In flames.” Or at least, that’s roughly how it ends up working as Koi pumps a significant amount of energy into the Fire-boosted attack to deal a large slice of damage to Lizzy.

Jynx reels from the super effective attack, but responds quickly, issuing forth a Sweet Kiss in projectile form. The RNG monkey goes scampering to his post ahead of the imminent requests, but Koi looks pretty confused and Lizzie looks pretty committed to her next attack...a massive Focus Blast slams into Koi, who has very little inclination to dodge as he’s busy skipping through TOs past in his head. Unwise that, as a gigantic explosion sends sand flying in all directions and knocks him the ground, taking beyond extreme damage into the bargain.

Koi is understandably upset by this typically underhand blow and strikes the exhausted Lizzie another fearsome blow with a Shadow Claw, sending her teetering to the brink of extinction.

Summary

Nasty round for both Pokémon, with Lizzie left well into critical health regions and low on energy as well, in the final quarter there. Koi is already into his second quarter from that fearsome blow, while his energy use was very high too thanks to his pretty inefficient signature move. Fire energy very low, Ghost energy around half.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #102
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
"Great work Liz, Let's go with a Psywave and Ice Beam, if you can."
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #103
Jerichi
本✚能

"Dig, Fire Punch to replace the attack part."
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #104
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Cubone Round 29: Falcoooon Punch!

I really will try and get this done before I leave on Friday...should be doable as long as the final matchup isn’t too Dodge-laden.

Lizzie is drained after her Focus Blasting prior round, dulling the effects of her initiative and meaning that only one of her four Psywave rings impact on Koi before the Kecleon can disappear out of harm’s way under the sand, Digging for victory like a wartime housewife, taking only light damage from the initial burst of Psychic power.

Lizzie looks around nervously, waiting for some sign of the chameleonic Pokémon surfacing to attack. When Koi does burst forth from the ground, wielding a vicious Falcon Fire Punch meme, she is too slow to react and is struck a fearsome blow from below before any Ice Beams can come to fruition, flooring and finishing the already heavily damaged Jynx. Koi stands victorious via fairly nasty overkill, awaiting his opponent for our final matchup of this epic clash...

Lizzie is unable to battle! A final Pokémon from DaveTheFishGuy if you would!

Summary

Koi took only light damage in this round, but use significant energy. He remains a high amount above half on both counts, but Fire energy is pretty much all gone now.
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #105
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return Lizzie, great job.

Now then, it's all down to you... Cyberduck!"

Quote:
Cyberduck: Genderless Porygon-Z
Porygon-Z: (Normal) - Of the Porygon line, Porygon-Z possesses higher agility and speed than its bretheren, at the cost of slightly lower defenses. Like its prevolutions, it moves by hovering with the same restrictions (flight ceiling = 6 feet max). Porygon-Z's head is also capable of moving indepedently of its body (including full 360-degree rotation without having to turn its body), but the head cannot go beyond or be forced more than half a foot away from its body.
Normal-types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. They are resistant to nothing, and are weak to Fighting, taking double damage.
No Signature Move
"Try to stay high, Uproar to Dark Pulse."

Last edited by DaveTheFishGuy; 09-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #106
Jerichi
本✚能

"Synchronoise x2."
Old 10-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #107
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Round The Thirtieth - Thirtieth does not look like a word

Fancy introduction about taking over reffing a match? Nope. Straight to the action. Why? Because I can, that's why.

Well, with Lizzie knocked cold by the killer Kecleon Koi, we go back to Dave to send out his next Pokemon. Returning the Jynx to her Pokeball, the lord of the fish sends out a Porygon-Z. Cyberduck the rather originally named Porygon-Z. Funnily enough I'm not being sarcastic at all. Or am I? Who knows! Anyway, let's just pull up the RefDex information... regardless of the fact that Dave has just provided it. I'm gonna do my own thing dangit!

Quote:
Porygon-Z: (Normal) Of the Porygon line, Porygon-Z possesses higher agility and speed than its bretheren, at the cost of slightly lower defenses. Like its prevolutions, it moves by hovering with the same restrictions (flight ceiling = 10 feet max). Porygon-Z's head is also capable of moving indepedently of its body (including full 360-degree rotation without having to turn its body), but the head cannot go beyond or be forced more than half a foot away from its body.
Well, Cyberduck stays nice and high, and by that I mean at it's low flight ceiling of a mere six feet off the ground. The more fresh Z starts off the round, showing that he can be just as batshit insane as he looks, letting loose a might scream of an Uproar, which causes Koi to cringe a bit from the annoyingly loud noise, though most definitely not enough to prevent him from sending out mass brainwaves, which somehow manage to enter the computer-based Pokemon's AI or something. I blame science. Anyway, the Synchronoise, which has, yanno, no noise to it at all, causes Cyberduck some nice pain related errors, apparently compatable to the Porygon-Z's software somehow. Justgowithit. Not at all happy - can programs feel emotion? - about this, Cyberduck immediately lets loose a wave of darkness, the Dark Pulse smacking Koi for some pain before the Kecleon decides to go broken record on us. That's right, he let's loose another Synchronoise, the brainwaves once again somehow magically converted into data and making Cyberduck's programming go just a little bit wacky. And that would seem to be it for this round...

Koi took some nice hits, and is looking a good bit roughed up now. Energy use was pretty nice, over the hill on energy now.

Cyberduck took nice damage, looking just a tiny bit damaged. Energy usage was relatively good, and is still fairly fresh.

Jeri.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #108
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Curses, I'd forgotten that you don't give health levels ;;

Cheers Sneezy!
Old 10-29-2011, 11:23 AM   #109
Sneaze

I actually JUST switched to not giving health levels (though I did it before I had disappeared for two years), though I know EXACTLY where they sit. I don't like giving exact points, it just doesn't seem descriptive enough. I don't even like the way I currently have it, but haven't perfected a better system.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2011, 11:26 AM   #110
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Yeah, s'fair enough. As long as you got Koi's prior damage down pat then I'm good.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #111
Sneaze

Two rounds worth of damage? Yeah, I think I got that down about right. I mean, that's a LOOOOOT of rounds worth of math.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #112
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

{Note: Jeri may or may not drink lager. Point remains though}
Old 11-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #113
Jerichi
本✚能

Teetotaler, sorry!

...you though these were orders, didn't you?

haha, nope

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 11-21-2011, 10:23 PM   #114
Jerichi
本✚能

Okay, fine.

"KOI NO MAJIKARU BIIMU (Normal) x2."
Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #115
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

>Post response
>Ordes pop up
Oh excellent.

"Ice Beam between his attacks, then Thunder. Then put him away with a Double-Edge."

Second Three-mover confirmed. PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!

inb4Sneezy takes ages to ref
Old 11-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #116
Sneaze

Round The Thirtyfirst - Love Isn't Enough

induring reffed in less than a day (yes, I'm reffing my other matches, I just saw this one first)

As Cyberduck decides to be a bit more tactical this round, Koi lets loose a bright white beam of energy from his eyes smacking Cyberduck for nice enough damage. Recovering from the Koi no Majikaru Biimu, Cyberduck fires off his own beam, ironically one made of icy energy. The Ice Beam smacks the Kecleon square in the stomach, leaving a nice patch of ice there, but certainly nothing worthy of hindering movement. A moment later Koi sets to send out another beam of Normal energy, which looks oddly familiar, likely because it's the exact same thing he just used. The Magic Beam of Love whacks Cyberduck a second time, but the Porygon-Z decides it's time to drop the hammer. A brief moment leads to Cyberduck letting loose a massive amount of Electric energy, the program drawing it straight from his computational source. Koi is struck hard by the Thunder and left reeling, but it doesn't end there. Cyberduck rushes Koi, slamming into him with a Double-Edge, taking some damage to himself from the attack via recoil. But it matters not, as after a moment of struggling to stay up, Koi falls limp on the ground, and this long battle is finally over.

Koi is unable to battle!

DaveTheFishGuy is the winner!

Jeri gets 6 TP
DTFG gets 12 TP and 6 KOs
LC gets 5.5 SP
I get .5 SP

Hooray for getting barely any SP. =o Also, no idea if I get any sort of quick reffing bonus due to it not going 5 rounds with me reffing. =/

Will put up in the Battle Results after everyone's had a moment to get their say in.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #117
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

"Return, Cyberduck. Brilliant work."

Well, we almost made it up to a year... great battle, Jeri. I was sure I'd lose in the early stages after I horribly misplayed Venomoth. I think I only managed to get ahead thanks to that Rock typechange on Torterra, given that it gave him a lot more Ampharos-abusable weaknesses. Hopefully this counts for a bit more than our last match ;]

Cheers for the pickup, Sneezy, and thanks for Elsie for the prior reffings. Only letdown was the speed.

Dave out.

inb4 complaints from Jeri
Old 11-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #118
Jerichi
本✚能

I don't care enough anymore to complain.

Good job.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL