UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hallowe'en Costumes for UPN Artists to Draw

One thing UPN tends to enjoy is fanart of the community itself. Seeing some discussion on Hallowe'en, I thought it would be interesting to ask people what they were "going as" this year, even if they're not going trick-or-treating at all (like most of us who probably aren't ). Then I thought, "Hey, I bet the fan artists in the Fanart forum could do something with this."

But anyway, yeah: here's the idea:

(1) Tell UPN what you're "dressing up as" this year for Hallowe'en, even if you're really not. It would be preferable if the costume fit your UPN personality somehow. (E.g. it's cool and all if you say "Doctor Who," but if people don't see you as the Doctor, then meh. Even if you don't plan on going as Commander Cobra, if people see you as Commander Cobra, then that would be a better choice.) But in the end, pick a costume you're comfortable with. Even if that's something you want to go as but which no one sees you as. (For the brony crowd, consider this as inspiration for what I'm trying to say when I say "pick a costume which suits you.") If who (or what) you want to go as is obscure, consider posting a picture. In fact, consider posting a picture of who (or what) you want to go as regardless of how well it's known.

(2) If you're a fan artist reading this thread, feel free to draw any or all of the people who reply. Could be the Brit Pack, could be your best friends, could be the entire community, whatever. This thread is meant to give you material to draw. No pressure. I just thought it would be an interesting idea.

(3) If you have a really good idea for another member, feel free to speak up. However, be nice in your suggestions. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't bother saying it at all. Not in this thread. Let's keep it civil and fun for all, people.

(4) Feel free to draw something up even if it's past Hallowe'en. Fanart is eternal -- or at least as eternal as people's hard drives -- so even if you don't make it in time for October 31, it'd still be great to have.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

A suggestion for your fanart costume, Talon:
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That works. I'm not sure many people would get the reference once it translates into fanart form -- to recognize characters in fanart so often requires that the characters have distinguishing clothes, hair styles, or other factors -- but that definitely works.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Here, let me help out by posting some examples of what you guys can come up with. I feel like the way I worded Point No.1 may be scaring people off, or making people afraid to suggest things for themselves, and that shouldn't be the case at all. Amras has the right idea IMO by suggesting something which fits the member (or how the community perceives the member), but by all means pick what you would like to go as for Hallowe'en if it really matters very much to you. So like ... here are thoughts I've had for various categories.

Default Suggestions:
Doppelganger: Archer from Fate/Stay Night
big bad birtha: Harukaze Doremi
Kuno: Headmaster Kuno, the namesake of his which has stuck
Loki: that paper bag over his head superhero character he always cosplays as
Yuki: her namesake, Nagato Yuki, holding a little blue Corsola doll or something. Or maybe has a little blue Corsola hanging from her cell phone. Something like that.

"What I Would Like To Go As" Suggestions:
Doppelganger: could be something Artemis Fowl related, Ever17 related, or better yet ... something Sengoku Rance related. Like the man himself, Rance.
myself: Gilgamesh from Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night would be pretty sweet. I absolutely love Rider from Fate/Zero but don't think that'd be a good fit for me at all. Still, Rider rocks.

Comic / Poking Fun Suggestions:
myself: Oxford English Dictionary, eromanga magazine
big bad birtha: Drag Queen Sylvestor Stallone (was his avatar for a while )
Loki: Pervy Jiraiya (also was his avatar for a while)

So yeah. Post suggestions for others and more importantly don't hesitate to suggest things for yourself. They can be:
(1) what you think people see you as
(2) what you would like to go as, regardless of if it has any similarity to you or not
(3) a humorous thing to go as

Notice that Doppel might have been like, "Oh, no one will say they see me as Archer, so I will not put Archer down. " And I'm like, "HELL NO! That's a perfect costume for you! Anyone who sees that will TOTALLY think of you out of any person on UPN ever!" So a character fitting you doesn't mean it has to be like you. Just like with Twilight going as Princess Celestia, her role model, in the MLP:FiM sample I posted. That costume is perfect for her. So, too, could one of your favorite superheroes, movie characters, book characters, etc be a perfect fit for you.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Yuki: her namesake, Nagato Yuki, holding a little blue Corsola doll or something. Or maybe has a little blue Corsola hanging from her cell phone. Something like that.
I've actually thought of drawing this for some time. ^^;

Quote:
Doppelganger: could be something Artemis Fowl related, Ever17 related, or better yet ... something Sengoku Rance related. Like the man himself, Rance.
You forgot Muv-Luv. =O Also, mind explaining to me what's the relation betwen Dopple and Archer? o.O;

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in ages, but for personal costume ideas I guess I'll go with my default potential future cosplays: Yuki Nagato (obviously), Malon from OoT (coincidentally was looking at some amazing Zelda cosplays today), and Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran.

As for suggestions for other members...

Talon: Shamisen (possibly in catgirl form? *shot*). Professor Layton perhaps?
Dopple: Shirogane Takeru
BBB: Aside from Doremi... I dunno, maybe Ayu? XD I still associate him best with his Kanon avatar, since it was the one I recognized most back when I lurked the animé sector.
Kuno: Ranma or Luffy. Maybe Firo from Baccano! with dat hat? Also Sabrina (or Liza *shot twice*) from Pokémon.
DaisyInari: Hi, I'm Daisy! Kirby works too. Also a bumblebee outfit.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
GrJackass
Night Man

i wanted to go as a steampunk "scientist" or if i wanted to put some effort into it, i was gonna do a steampunk mr freeze. but my jacket that i got at comicon wont arrive in time... i was told i looked like a "whimzical willy wonka" then again this was from the guy who sold me the jacket so iono.

ill try to rework the costume but it just wont be as good

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #6
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

FFFFF, urge to draw a ginormous pic with a bunch of UPNer's risingggggg.

DX Just what I need, more distractions from school.

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #7
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Doppel's a big fan of 5th War Archer. Back when FSN was his anti-drug, he very much lived and breathed as an Archer fan. And yeah, I did forget about Muv-Luv. You could have him go as Takeru, that's true.

Awesome that you'd suggest Shamisen. XD I love that cat. But why Shami? ^^; Is that how you hear my voice? ;) Professor Layton, nice. I expect many will lay dibs on that one though. Oh God, that reminds me ... Peachi's Zak Gramarye. XD That would be a pretty funny costume for a troll. That in turn makes me think ... Hana as Mia Fey, Yuki as Maya Fey, and Daisy as Pearl Fey: three generations of FB/PASBL girls, and all (?) PW fans.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
Silver Wind
breezy metallics~

Use the combined artwork as a banner for a brand new skin? That would be nice.

Also, SW in a fun size Sunflower costume.

Fizzy Bubbles
° ° ° °
° ° ° °
Silver Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #9
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Awesome that you'd suggest Shamisen. XD I love that cat. But why Shami? ^^; Is that how you hear my voice? ;)
Well, also because Talon's one cool cat (if you know what I mean XP). ^.~

Quote:
Hana as Mia Fey, Yuki as Maya Fey, and Daisy as Pearl Fey: three generations of FB/PASBL girls, and all (?) PW fans.
Uh, Honey hasn't played the games yet. ^^; Plus ABL's the biggest PW fan out of all of us. Don't forget her. ;-;
Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
deoxys
Fog Badge

No idea what I'd pass as. I honestly can't think of anything that is matching personality wise. The closest thing I can think of is maybe Jake from Adventure Time, or Mordecai from Regular Show.

As far as what I'd like to be, that's up in the air, too, I have no idea.

For Halloween I'm being Finn from Adventure Time, though. Like... for real.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #11
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I have some suggestions.

I don't care which ones, but two MLP fans can do one of those horse costumes that require two people. The difference is that the horse will be a MLP character. One person is the head, and the other is the ass.

Doppel can be the otaku guy in Stein's, because we know he loves him.

Corsola wouldn't make a bad Hanasaki Tsubomi.

Suigin should totally be this guy. You don't have to get it.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #12
GrJackass
Night Man

i have a couple of mlp cosplay's from comicon i need to post

”Fee, fie, foe, fum the End are Near at thou Bobbum. Time me open Bobbum Van trunk, for ruin Bobbum wif Equipmunk.”
GrJackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #13
deoxys
Fog Badge

Yeah... I personally wouldn't ever costume myself as an MLP character, just because... although I suppose if I ever dressed up as a chicken I would be Scootaloo.

No, but most MLP based costumes are human versions of the characters... I have yet to see someone who went all out and dressed like an actual pony. Which would admittedly be odd.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #14
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

>Talons ideas for me

Way to be a bit dated Talon. Gawd.

>Yukis ideas

Most of those are fine. XP

Most of the ideas here are pretty good. But here is one for Talon and Gr that can be used as needed.
Talon
GrJackass

As for myself? This is all that needs to be said on this subject.

>Use the combined artwork as a banner for a brand new skin? That would be nice.

Haha that sounds awesome. Someone has to make this happen. Wait, that someone is me. I mean someone has to draw the banner. >_>

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:18 AM   #15
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
FFFFF, urge to draw a ginormous pic with a bunch of UPNer's risingggggg.

DX Just what I need, more distractions from school.
I have no idea what I would be. But, being Mordecai from Regular Show would be awesome.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #16
Copygoo
超高校級 写真師

I am willing to draw deoxys as Finn! Any other features you'd like me to add it so it doesn't just look like Finn and actually looks like you in a Finn costume?

I will also try drawing Kuno in a Vriska costume but that will probably be a bit harder!

[i can't believe all of the things they say about me]
Copygoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #17
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Hmm.. I'm about as lost as myself as I can be, I dunno what anyone would see me as, nor do I think I know you guys well enough to accurately choose something for you.

Yuki's easy her namesake Nagato, or a Shiny Corsola. I can almost see her as a Froslass too. Actually, from what I know of her personality, she could be Haruhi too.

I suppose we're not restricted in relating to anime or TV shows, so, I can kind of see Talon as a purebred Vampire Lord. (a real vampire, not one of those sparkly Twilight Vampires, and not Dracula style either)

Dopple, hmm, maybe an eccentric college professor?
*ducks* Like I said I don't know you guys well enough! >.<

BBB, I associate you most with that old coffee lady avatar you had when I first joined >.> Don't kill me! >.<

As for myself.. I usually associate myself with a dark shrouded, hooded and cloaked assassin, hidden in the background.

But I'd also like to be exploration, side-military Airship Captain/Admiral, with brass-rimmed flight goggles, a sturdy unadorned rapier at my right (I'm left-handed), and fancy but practical dress clothes. I'm still trying to figure out the rest of the details myself though. >_>

Others may see me though as a bland and uninteresting extra walking off the side of the screen..

Last edited by unownmew; 10-22-2011 at 11:27 AM.
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #18
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

:o Drawing a picture as I type! Only a few people in this pic for now, but if this goes well, I'll probably make a second version with new people in it!

As for how I'm drawing you guys... please don't be mad if I didn't get it right. D:

WIP: Base coloring agogo!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Last edited by DaisyInari; 10-22-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by unownmew View Post
Actually, from what I know of her personality, she could be Haruhi too.
Back when I had long hair, I considered going as Disappearance Haruhi too.

Quote:
As for myself.. I usually associate myself with a dark shrouded, hooded and cloaked assassin.

But I'd also like to be exploration, side-military Airship Captain/Admiral, with brass-rimmed flight goggles, a sturdy unadorned rapier at my right (I'm left-handed), and fancy but practical dress. I'm still trying to figure out the rest of the details myself though. >_>
Hm. Maybe you could be a steampunk vampire? XD Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else so I didn't suggest for you.

Another animé character I once wanted to cosplay as is Mitsuki from Full Moon. I'm getting a bit old for her though. ^^;

Can't wait to see the drawing, Hon!
Old 10-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #20
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

Back when I had long hair, I considered going as Disappearance Haruhi too.

Hm. Maybe you could be a steampunk vampire? XD Sorry, I couldn't think of anything else so I didn't suggest for you.
Wow, you really had hair that long? That's cool. Why didn't you do it?
Also, dang that's a cute picture of Haruhi, I've never thought of her as that cute.

Do I really seem like a Vampire? ^^; I've never thought of myself as such before. I'd prefer to just be a normal Steampunk Airship captain. ^^;
Old 10-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Wow, you really had hair that long? That's cool. Why didn't you do it?
Also, dang that's a cute picture of Haruhi, I've never thought of her as that cute.
Didn't get another opportunity to attend another convention before college (when I cut my hair).

Really? XD I thought she looked rather off-putting with that angry frown.

Quote:
Do I really seem like a Vampire? ^^; I've never thought of myself as such before. I'd prefer to just be a normal Steampunk Airship captain. ^^;
*shrug* Just thought it might fit with the whole "dark, cloaked" aspect.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM   #22
unownmew
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKI.N View Post

Didn't get another opportunity to attend another convention before college (when I cut my hair).

Really? XD I thought she looked rather off-putting with that angry frown.

*shrug* Just thought it might fit with the whole "dark, cloaked" aspect.
Ah, I see, that's unfortunate.

I full-sized it and saw just her head, particularly her eyes, which I've never really paid attention to before, and thought, "wow, those eyes are enchanting."
The frown just added tsundre. ^^;

Oh, ok. I didn't mean to put down your suggestion, if that's what you felt, I was just surprised. If someone wants to draw me as a steampunk vampire, who am I to tell them not to. ^^;
Though, I don't expect anyone would want to draw me as anything..
Old 10-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Altaria

Quote:
Though, I don't expect anyone would want to draw me as anything..
Hi, I'm Daisy and I would love to draw you!

...Gotta finish this group pic first. Almost done with base coloring!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Old 10-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #24
unownmew
Banned

Well, thank you! I appreciate it. At least I'll not be completely left out then.

I'll leave it all up to your discretion then, unless you want specifics. I look forward to seeing it, thanks.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #25
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
Daisy, who's actually in this picture? Or is that on a Need-to-Know basis?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc