UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #51
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I hate this thing and its evolutions. Except Dewott. So bad.
Actually, I hate most of the Gen 5 Pokemon.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 PM   #52
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
New hates: Joltik and evos. horrible, horrible
Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #53
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
New hates: Joltik and evos. horrible, horrible
Oh c'mon. Just cause we had that confusing conversation with CR & Zubat (let's stay away from that, there's a reason I didn't talk, confusing as hell...) doesn't mean Joltik's bad... Galvantula's a pretty cool guy/gal. He can zap Wailords and doesn't afraid of anything.

DAMMIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Or...do you?

Last edited by XanderKetsu; 08-21-2011 at 11:13 AM.
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #54
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Meowth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengyzu View Post
I just don't like the garbage line... Jynx... Dunsparce.... Throh and Sawk... >.>
HOW DARE YOU INSULT DUNSPARCE!!!!??!!!

*Goes to ModCP to ban*
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #55
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderKetsu View Post
Oh c'mon. Just cause we had that confusing conversation with CR & Zubat (let's stay away from that, there's a reason I didn't talk, confusing as hell...) doesn't mean Joltik's bad... Galvantula's a pretty cool guy/gal. He can zap Wailords and doesn't afraid of anything.
Wow, that conversation has nothing to do with my hate of Joltik. Joltik and Galvantula are pretty ugly Pokemon, though Joltik does have a cute factor. There typing is bad, movepool is bad, and Joltik dies to anything that falls on it that is like, more than 20 pounds. Like I said, Steelix has his way with Joltik.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #56
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
>Bad type
Two weaknesses with four resistances is pretty goddamn good.
Also, screw you Jynx-antis. ;;
Old 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #57
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
>Bad type
Two weaknesses with four resistances is pretty goddamn good.
Also, screw you Jynx-antis. ;;
Magcargo says hi!
Also, out of all the human mon, Eletrivire, Magmortar, and Jynx, who oddly did not get an evolution, I hate all of them equally, because while Electabuzz looked good, they all look like crap.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:13 PM   #58
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Wow, that conversation has nothing to do with my hate of Joltik. Joltik and Galvantula are pretty ugly Pokemon, though Joltik does have a cute factor. There typing is bad, movepool is bad, and Joltik dies to anything that falls on it that is like, more than 20 pounds. Like I said, Steelix has his way with Joltik.
Everything you've just said is wrong. Well, I can't speak for why you don't like Joltik, and pitting a Galvantula against a Steelix would certainly be a tough win, but ...
- ugly? One of the best and truest looking Pokemon of Gen 5
- bad typing? Are you kidding? XD 2x weak to fire ... 2x weak to rock ... and that's it. In exchange for these two weaknesses, he bags two of the most interesting elements and pairs them up for interesting coverage against some very important but very different threats.
- bad movepool? Again: are you kidding!? Limited movepool =/= bad movepool. Galvantula has all that it needs in Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power: Ice. If you're not lucky enough to get good stats and HP: Ice legitimately, you've still got a solid electric Pokemon. If you are? You've got the best non-legendary electric there is.

In the transition from Gen 4 to Gen 5, only two slots on my team gave way for Gen 5 creatures one of them is constantly cycled. The other slot? The one whose occupant has secured a permanent spot on the squad? That's right: it's Galvantula's.

Even if we wanted to talk superficial reasons alone for hating, though, I can't believe you hate this line. Joltik is adorable and Galvantula looks awesome.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #59
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Everything you've just said is wrong. Well, I can't speak for why you don't like Joltik, and pitting a Galvantula against a Steelix would certainly be a tough win, but ...
- ugly? One of the best and truest looking Pokemon of Gen 5
- bad typing? Are you kidding? XD 2x weak to fire ... 2x weak to rock ... and that's it. In exchange for these two weaknesses, he bags two of the most interesting elements and pairs them up for interesting coverage against some very important but very different threats.
- bad movepool? Again: are you kidding!? Limited movepool =/= bad movepool. Galvantula has all that it needs in Thunderbolt, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power: Ice. If you're not lucky enough to get good stats and HP: Ice legitimately, you've still got a solid electric Pokemon. If you are? You've got the best non-legendary electric there is.

In the transition from Gen 4 to Gen 5, only two slots on my team gave way for Gen 5 creatures one of them is constantly cycled. The other slot? The one whose occupant has secured a permanent spot on the squad? That's right: it's Galvantula's.

Even if we wanted to talk superficial reasons alone for hating, though, I can't believe you hate this line. Joltik is adorable and Galvantula looks awesome.
Magnezone says hi! Oh, and Magcargo.
I might be slightly biased to less of a competitive standpoint. And more of a ASB standpoint.
Joltik I said has the cute factor, but Galvantula is ugly. Ugly like Gastrodon ugly. I love Accelgor and Escalvier, because they are more better looking, and they Escalvier has one of the best typings. And who says four resistences is good, anyway? Magnezone with Magnet Rise says hi again.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #60
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
You have some nerve calling Galvantula ugly and then liking Magnezone.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #61
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
You have some nerve calling Galvantula ugly and then liking Magnezone.
> Tdos makes no mention of Magcargo
:O

Also, Magnzone is not ugly, but interesting. Galvantula, ugly, like Gastrodon. Even Shellos looks better than Joltik. Also, the Escavalier and Accelgor are a lot cooler.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #62
Talon87
時の彼方へ

You're crazy. I wrote a lot more, it got too long and metagamey, I saved it to a Notepad file for later editing and subsequent posting, but then TDos posted and I said "Wow. Smart observation. Let's let him handle this."

And you come back with "Nope, Galvantula is still fugly. Magnezone's a'ight."

No. Just ... no. I realize there's no accounting for taste, but ... NO. -_-;
Old 08-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #63
Emp
Volcano Badge

> Magnezone says hi! Oh, and Magcargo.

Name your favourite Pokémon then and I bet I can name at least two Pokémon it can't put a hit on. Just because two pretty bad Pokémon counter its stab typings doesn't mean it doesn't have other uses.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #64
unownmew
Banned

Send a message via MSN to unownmew
Fun Fun.

I like Joltic and Galvantula as well. They look cool and it's nice to have more spiders on the scene, and it does look more like a true pokemon then many of the other Gen 5 Pokemon. Magnezone I've never liked. It's like, some sort of stupid-looking flying saucer, a terrible downgrade when it comes to magnemite and magneton.

Though, I suppose the Solosis, and Elgyem lines need something to ride around in..
unownmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #65
Emi

Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post

Name your favourite Pokémon then and I bet I can name at least two Pokémon it can't put a hit on. Just because two pretty bad Pokémon counter its stab typings doesn't mean it doesn't have other uses.
Magnezone is pretty bad.

lol wut no? Magnezone is a very, very good Steel trapper, and with C.Specs, a great special attacker. What does Galvantula have against that? A S.Rock weakness, no Sandstorm immunity, and, with Magnet Rise, Magnezone has the most resistences and immunities total out of every Pokemon.

I like how Magnezone looks, though it is a bit of a downgrade to Magneton. Though, I can make a whole bunch of alien invasion jokes with him.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM   #66
Emp
Volcano Badge

Magnezone is okay at what it does (situationally trapping steels) but when it's rediculously slow and half the Pokémon you face have EQ it's clear why it's UU. Magnet Rise isn't going to change that either. Trust me, as UPN's last wifi tourney champion I have a lot of metagame experience.

Galvantula's unique typing of Bug/Electric gives it a powerful offensive STAB combination, and its ability Compoundeyes allows it to abuse a more accurate STAB Thunder with few drawbacks. 108 base Speed and 97 base Special Attack doesn't hurt either. Yeah it's lacking on the defensive side, but most sweepers fall under the same bracket.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #67
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'm starting to think that he's gotten his ass kicked by so many Galvantula that he's hating just for that reason alone. XD "I'll wub you, Magnezone! Nobody else will. ;_;"

Someone draw up fanart of Blaze and a Magnezone sitting under a banana leaf in the pouring rain in the rainforest. Insert that fanart here.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #68
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

I fucking love Galvantula. That's why it got a post icon.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #69
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Quote:

Clefable.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #70
XanderKetsu
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via AIM to XanderKetsu Send a message via Skype™ to XanderKetsu
Quote:
Magnezone is pretty bad.

lol wut no? Magnezone is a very, very good Steel trapper, and with C.Specs, a great special attacker. What does Galvantula have against that? A S.Rock weakness, no Sandstorm immunity, and, with Magnet Rise, Magnezone has the most resistences and immunities total out of every Pokemon.

I like how Magnezone looks, though it is a bit of a downgrade to Magneton. Though, I can make a whole bunch of alien invasion jokes with him.
I had to nickname mine Zone 51. Also, I don't mind either. Magnezone gives the magnet line another spiffy evolution, and Galvantula has a nice type combo. Meh, I like'em both.

Quote:

Typhlosion.

DAMMIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char View Post
Or...do you?
XanderKetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #71
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Typhlosion:
Swampert (shuts down fire or electric offensive, shrugs off Focus Blast)
Kingdra (lol)

Clefable:
Stanley
No Guard Machamp
Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #72
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

The point of Emp's post was to point out that EVERY POKEMON has at least two Pokemon who can't deal with it. It was to prove that Galvantula shouldn't be judged just simply because it has two counters. Especially since one is Magcargo, the least usable Pokemon in competitive battling and questionably useless in the PASBL.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #73
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Typhlosion:
Swampert (shuts down fire or electric offensive, shrugs off Focus Blast)
Kingdra (lol)

Clefable:
Stanley
No Guard Machamp
Does No Guard go through protect again? I forgot. Also, WTF is a Stanley?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:54 PM   #74
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Having won a Challenge Cup with Magcargo, I'mma actually go out on a limb here and say that he isn't THE most useless Pokemon for competitive battling that there is. You've got your Magikarps, your Weedles, your ...

I think we all got emp's point, btw, Loki.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #75
Ethereal
Creepy Hand Person

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal Send a message via MSN to Ethereal Send a message via Skype™ to Ethereal
>likes Accelgor and Escavalier
I'm surprised nobody picked up on him liking the fugliest bugs ever. Dustox is leagues higher on the visual scale compared to these two.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON