UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #151
Alilatias
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cursing at Serebii
Posts: 3
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Neptune Beach
Alilatias: Referring to your Pokdex for information on these two new Pokmon, you decide it'll be a good idea for Kairu to attempt befriending them. Lowering yourself into the water, you swim into shore while Kairu slowly makes his way over to Shellos and Buizel. Not wanting to scare them, he makes himself plainly visible in order to avoid chasing them off. Upon noticing Kairu's approach, Shellos and Buizel stop racing, huddling close together to engage in a rather hasty conversation. A little concerned that they may decide to flee, your worries are soon put to rest when you see the two Pokmon slowly approach Kairu. The three share a little conversation before engaging in another race which Buizel wins and after a few more rounds with first Kairu winning, then Buizel again and finally Shellos, the three play for a little while before huddling together to communicate some more. All three then look toward the shore and stare at you, Shellos and Buizel happily giggling before approaching you to introduce themselves...
Soruta had finally made it to shore when Kairu had begun racing with the Shellos and the Buizel. After several races with results all over the charts, they began to communicate in their own little Pokemon language. Simple enough. When the Shellos and Buizel began to approach her, that's when she started having doubts on what she was doing.

"How am I going to introduce myself...?" she thought. "Either they're really, really friendly and just want to talk about stuff, or they're coming to squirt me in the face for whatever reason they have..."

Having Kairu attack them did not seem to be a good option at all, since the two had done nothing to provoke an attack as of yet. The best option, Soruta thought, would be to wait and see what happens next. She began to think of ways to introduce herself to them, although she was shaking rather nervously as it was likely that she would screw up somewhere and/or wouldn't think of anything before they arrived. She began to think, "I should just say something along the lines of, 'Hello, my name is Soruta, and it seems you've just met Kairu over here...' and see what happens from there. Maybe they have a few problems of their own, and we might be able to help out..."

With that in mind, she sat down on the wet, sandy beach, just far enough so that the waves would roll into ankle level, and began to introduce herself to the two Pokemon in the same way that she had planned out seconds earlier. The worst thing to do now was to look threatening just by doing sudden movements. With a very nervous voice, she called out, "Uh... Hello... Um, my name is Soruta, and you two have just met Kairu over there... We're not looking for a fight here - the both of us have just arrived."

The only thing she could do now was wait for a response from the two.
__________________
[center:2713ks86].:FB Team:.
(M) Faltzer - (M) Hikari - (M) Saito - (M) Tenchi - (F) Meiru
(F) Serenade - (M) Kairu - (F) Yami - (M) Blues - (M) Hircine[/center:2713ks86]
Alilatias is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:20 PM   #152
Another Fan
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 189
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold

Another Fan: Deciding to take your leave from the action you walk on by the two fighting pussies, the Screeching and meowing echoing through your ear as they both go into a tackle attack on each other, the Glameow managing to stay put as the Skitty trails on down the sand hurting quiet a little, as you take your leave you stand still for a sec and have a look around for some shack to buy some goods, as you look around you hear one more LOUD Screeching when all of a sudden a THUD appears right on your head amking you slam down to the ground, shaking the throbbing pain away you look around to see the once standing Skitty knocked out infront of you, the Glameow staring right into your eyes hissing away madly at you, what shall you do?
Jeff did not want to beat up other people’s pets half to death on the streets like a madman. He probably would be sued for even laying a finger on this cat, who was probably someone’s snookums. Even if the thing was some worthless stray, he still would be a freak beating up a cat. No way, he felt like he already of getting weird looks, he didn’t want to start up any commotion.

He couldn’t attack again without doing that, so he decided to accept anything. Hoping to find a pokemart, he could ask for a revive there, or something, but if not any shop would have to do.

He grabbed Batteris’ string, and giving it a tug, he ran farther. He had realized that he was holding the skitty dangerously tight, and let his grip loosen a bit as he petting it.
__________________
[center:ac83b]


Fizzy Bubbles Information[/center:ac83b]
Another Fan is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #153
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Tessie: Watching The battle take it’s place, Inchy Swinging the poor little Pachirisu around in it’s mouth as it struggles to get out, you start feeling sorry for Pachirisu who you secretly root for but not giving Inchy any side to it as to not hurt his feelings, as the Round starts pachirisu glows a little white glow around him the hurt from the Bite taking it’s toll as Inchy lets him go, the squirrel flying towards a couple of bushes, standing and wating you see the little one pop out, it’s teeth bared as it runs forward, Inchy baring himself as he leaps up into the Ari, his body slamming down right on top of Pachirisu who wails in pain as Inchy waddles off of him, looking up at you the little ant Pokemon smiles his teethy smile and chomps happily at you as he does a little jig of happiness, as he dances Pachirisu glows even whiter, the little squirrel firing out a white light as it bided it’s time for attack, the light smashing into the dancing ant who goes flying into a bush just smilier to the one Pachirisu fell into, giggling o itself I looks at you and waves as it runs back up to Inchy with a Quick attack, as it runs through the Bush you don’t seem to hear anything from Inchy, the quietness a little worrying as Pachirisu walks back out a little confuffled wondering why Inchy isn’t there, after a few seconds it looks at you with a tilted WTF face when all of a sudden a rumble comes up beneath Pachirisu as Inchy digs up and smashes him into the air coming back down with a thud, and making the little guy looking a little worse for ware,what will you do?
With all of the waddling, jigging and giggling going on throughout this round, Tess can't help but crack a smile as the two Pokmon fight it out, and when Pachirisu comes out of the bushes with a quizzical "WTF?" expression on it's face Tess actually begins giggling. This little squirrel is already pulling at her heartstrings, a fact Tess isn't completely comfortable with considering her recent spate of whims which is so unlike her. The smile soon disappears when she witnesses Inchy send Pachirisu flying with his Dig attack and hurting the little squirrel quite badly. With the comic value of the round now over, Tess is brought back to earth, all signs of amusement now gone as her eyes cloud over with worry. Clasping her fingers even tighter around the potions she is holding, she considers putting an end to this now, but knows Inchy will never forgive her if he can't at the very least be on the verge of winning. Biting back her concerns Tess decides to give Inchy one more round, but no more - this has already gone far enough.

"Alright Inchy," Tess says softly, "You've proven you're more than capable of handling yourself in battle, but now it's time to give Pachirisu a break. You have one more round to show off, but no more. We don't want to hurt it anymore than it has been. Use Gust to keep it away from you and Giga Drain to restore some energy. Only use Body Slam if necessary, but don't knock Pachirisu out."

Shooting her a filthy look, it appears Inchy isn't at all impressed with not being allowed to KO the pesky squirrel, but Tess catches a sheepish glint in his eye which restores her faith in him. He's not as upset as he'd like to let her believe, a fact which leads Tess to believe he may have learned something from this experience after all...
__________________
.
enchantress is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 04:51 PM   #154
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master
 
ZoraJolteon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,029
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
ZoraJolteon: Transferring Cherubi directly to your PC, you head off with Pineco in search of more adventure. It doesn't take long to find you when something comes streaking out of the bushes, barges into you, and sends you flying into the lake. Spluttering and wiping the water from your eyes you look around to try and find your attacker only to spy an unconscious Skuntank floating in the water beside you. Obviously the Skuntank is what had sent you bowling into the lake, but what had sent it flying...?
Swimming over to the Skuntank, Zora grabbed it by the end of it's tail, and struggling slightly under its weight, attempted to swim back to the edge of the lake. Looking around for his partner, he spotted her bobbing in the water beside him. "Pineco," he ordered her "Get ready to use your Protect attack to keep us safe until we're on dry land again. Once we're there, set up a protective layer of Spikes around us to slow down anything that might come in to attack. If something hostile does get close, give it a taste of your Double-Edge!
__________________

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #155
Loki
Savage
 
Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,027
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake
Loki: My mistake - I meant Salamence but for some reason I cannot fathom wrote Gyarados instead. I really shouldn't update at 5am :/
Salamence appears rather eager to battle, even if it is against something that is smaller than her foot, and eagerly swoops out over the water to attack the little blue slug fleeing from her. Whipping up a powerful twister over the centre of the lake, the little blue Shellos is picked up in the watery funnel and is spinning helplessly inside it before being blasted by a powerful surge of water that sends it flying for several dozen metres over top of the lake before landing on dry ground not too far from your feet. Scared senseless Shellos can do nothing at this point in time other than attempt to protect itself against the sudden onslaught and uses Harden, increasing its defense. When Salamence soars back over to attack, Shellos takes some damage from her Aerial Ace before retaliating with Water Pulse, the supersonic waves charging through the water causing her some confusion...
OOC: We all make mistakes. Like today when I was talking to Kuno about having the Eon Tickets in my Fire Red, despite there being no [email protected] in Fire Red >>;; I totally meant Ruby.

Loki turned away as his dragon proceeded to savagely attack a poor wild Pokemon that did nothing to them. But he still heard the swirling and swooshing of the water and wind of her Twister, the jet blasts of Hydro Pump, and the quick strike of Aerial Ace. Believing the battle to have been finished, Loki turns back to see the Shellos still conscious and attacking Salamence with a Water Pulse!

Having taken the attack, Loki could see from the look in Salamence's eyes that there was something wrong. Salamence was clearly confused and not entirely there. Knowing this was more Salamence's fault then Shellos', Loki could only look down in shame. But even still, Salamence had an unquenched blood lust, possibly even more then before.

Loki knew Salamence had to win this fight or she might lose her pride as a dragon. But in this confused berserker-like state, Salamence has a high chance of hurting herself before and those close by, namely Loki. With the dilemma in his mind, he took a brief moment to think, but quickly concluded that a dragon's pride was too important. Loki shouted his orders, "Salamence! We need to finish this fight quickly! Use your Dragon Claw, then follow with a Crunch!"
__________________
Loki is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #156
Joshua
Rainbow Badge
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 972
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Bethla Meadows

Joshua: Michael wishes for Shinx to be healed, but it's more strong hoping though his faith in his trainer is strong enough to ensure all will turn out well. Applying your medicines to Shinx's wounds, they are soon cleaned out and Shinx begins to regain some colour though it's extremely tired and begins falling asleep. The potions have helped Shinx some, but a long rest is what it really needs. Relieved to see the medicine is helping, you're soon distracted when you hear some angry buzzing. Knowing Combee must be returning, you turn around to find its brought a friend back with it and the two of them face you and Michael, prepared to do battle...
Michael Growls fiercely, ready to lunge into battle, but Joshua lays a hand on the Umbreon's back, calming him. "No, Michael. I need you to stay beside Shinx and protect it for me, and you're the strongest Pokemon I have with me. Leave the Combee to the girls..." Michael reads the look in Joshua's eyes, and smiles, knowing full well who is coming. Rising to his feet, Joshua unhooks two Pokeballs from his belt, releasing his girls to play.

Tessie the Arcanine and Kenzie the Houndoom stand on the grassy meadow, ready to fight. Taking one look at their foes, they both ready themselves for the battle ahead. "Tessie, start by unleasing a Sunny Day, to make it easier for you guys. Then stand together, and fence the Combees in with a twin Fire Spin! Then Tessie, launch a Heat Wave, Kenzie, use Skull Bash and another Fire Spin!"
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Level 5 Trainer, 30 Pokemon
34-22-12, 100 KOs, 253.5TP, 1.25 SP
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Joshua is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #157
Dae-Maker
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 42
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Phantom Desert

Dae~Maker: Coriolis releases Carnivine, flying up high and out of reach while releasing an earsplitting Screech to try and distract the little plant as much as possible. Carnivine isn't at all impressed with the noise and extends its vines, attempting to swat Coriolis out of the sky. She manages to evade the attacks, but right as she's swooping in to attack she's hit with a powerful, and rather blinding, whipping to the face. Her eyes water up, her blurry vision resulting in her losing her bearings and misjudging the distance to the ground. She swoops in low, successfully hitting Carnivine, but also grazing her tummy along the hard desert ground while dragging Carnivine along with her. The cries of pain cause you to cringe, as they're coming from both Pokmon, but it's Coriolis you're more concerned about. When the two come to a painful stop, the battle doesn't, Carnivine Binding her up in its vines so tightly that she's unable to carry out her next move...
Seeing that battle come Earth bound, Grey almost cries out as Coriolis and the little bastard of a weed come screeching to a halt against the hard ground. Infuriated by the audacity of the Carnivine, and that fact that is now had Coriolis under wraps, Grey decided that the nice games were over. It was definitely time to cream the big jawed monster into the deseret sand. However, Grey also knew that dispite his righteous indignation, it was a feat easier said than done. Thinking hard and fast, Grey called out his plans to Coriolis:

"Ok girl, we can't hold back any longer. I obviously underestimated th is animal and it's now the time for direct action. So, to escape that acursed bind, Focus Energy to up your power, then unleash a Body Slam right into the ground, sandwiching it. If it doesn't release it's grasp, use a Faint Attack to disperse in darkness and strike again. However, if the move proves to be too much, hover over it's body to gain some momentum as you use an Ice Punch with your entire weight behind you. Demolish the fiend!"

Now, his orders having given him a renewed fury, Grey pants slightly under the strain of the battle and the conditions at hand. Refusing to give up, and wholey determined to beat up the useless Carnivine, Grey's anger forces him to rant quitely as the battle continues.
__________________
[center:54a72]Fizzy Bubbles
~ Registration | Personal Computer | Trade List ~
[/center:54a72]
Dae-Maker is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #158
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress

Lee-san: While Kricketot continues to Bide, Nuray begins scratching at the ground, kicking up dirt and grass then letting it fly at Kricketot, blinding it before firing off a strong bolt of electrical energy. Kricketot unleashes its Bide, the beam of energy hitting Nuray for good damage. He's far from finished with this battle though, and leaps into the air, spinning around while doing so, his tail glinting with a metallic sheen before slamming into Kricketot's head and KOing it. Kricketot slumps to the ground, defeated. Level up for Nuray.
ooc: actually I stated in my last reply that I was gonna attempt to capture Kricketot, but don't worry, it's alright.

Lee gave a sigh of relief as finally, Kricketot fell to the ground, obviously defeated.
"Well done Nuray!" he called out to his Jolteon. Walking over to him, he patted the Electric type before returning him to his Pokeball.
"Just one thing left to do.."
Lee took one a Pokeball from his belt and weighed it in his hand. Looking at Kricketot, he murmured "You proved to be a tougher foe than I first thought, and I respect you. I don't know what I'm gonna do with you in the future, but for now, I'm gonna keep you."
"Go, Pokeball!" he called out, and threw it at the fainted Bug type.
After this, Lee decided that he would try his luck in another area of Exelsior. He was gonna head to Mt. Sierra, hoping to find some exciting new Pokemon there..
__________________
FB Info
Lee-san is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:16 PM   #159
ForeverFlygon
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tomorrow Hill
Posts: 36
Send a message via AIM to ForeverFlygon
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Neptune Beach

ForeverFlygon: Entering Mt. Sierra's volcanic mountain chain, you release Nookie to ensure he is your lookout as you travel the mountainside. Walking along a faint dirt trail, you can hear the sounds of life around you and wonder how long it will be before you encounter a Pokmon. You don't have long to wait, for as you're walking you hear Nookie cry out and look up to see him coming under attack from rather territorial looking Starly...

Feeling unsure at if this really would be a fair fight, Feera looked from Nookie to the Starly, quite amazed. He had never seen anything like it before, but on the other hand, it didn't look like a tough battler - and even if it was exceptional for it's kind, Feera doubted that it could match the skills of Nookie. Nonetheless, he had come here to capture pokmon, and he wasn't going to fail because of not wanting to battle. Besides, it didn't look like this Starly would let him even if he tried to flee.
"Okay Nookie, you shoudl know what to do. First, Flash it, and then, while it's blinded, Take it Down! And finally, should it still have the guts to fight, use a Confusion." Feera said, remaining calm. Nookie looked at his trainer, and readied himself.
Suddenly, Feera jolted and realised he had almost forgotten something. A few seconds of searching later, he held in his hand an empty Pokball. He wondered how he'd located one so quickly, it had been so very long since he had used one. He felt surprised by looking forward to using it. 'Is this is?, he thought. 'Have I forgotten what' it's really like to be a trainer? I guess I do miss the old days, when I was new at this...'
He looked up at Nookie once again, and realised he had a battle in front of him, and felt himself tense slightly, even though he thought he'd know the prrobably outcome.
__________________
ForeverFlygon is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:35 PM   #160
Wayne
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: There
Posts: 108
Send a message via AIM to Wayne Send a message via MSN to Wayne
Re: Excelsior

Sapphire Lake
quilava plush: Your Pidgeot nods in understanding what to do and then flies quickly towards the Shellos in trouble. You look at the scene and then see Starly chirp offensively at Pidgeot. A few seconds later you see the Starly quickly fly away as the Shellos drops to the side. You go to take a closer look at it and see that it is injured and it may need help as it looks at you with its dark watery shiny eyes before passing out. A few seconds pass before a pink Shellos emerges from the water and looks at the fallen Shellos. It then gets out the water and looks at it and then you, with fury in its eyes as it sends a Water Pulse at PIdgeot who dodges the attack. at What will you do?

Bethla Meadows
Shinjara: As Maudin nodded with much determination, it then quickly emitted a few purple balloon like spheres that quickly turn solid as they are aimed at Glameow. Looking at the Sludge Bomb attack with a little fear in its eyes, the cat tries to dodge this attack but get hit in the side causing a small explosion sending it sideways rolling. As the Glameow tries to get up as quickly as possibly, Gligar goes through the small puff of smoke and bites Glameow on its back, with a Toxic attack. The purple feline meows in pains as it Slashes Gligar right on the face for some moderate damage. Both pokemon look hurt, Glameow being more hurt than Gligar at this point. What will you do?

Mt. Sierra
Xuande: Celes follows your order and cuts down the two trees blocking Hippopotas’ way out. As Celes cuts down the second tree you see Hippopotas charging at Celes ones more. Celes tries to dodge from the Take Down but gets hit. Celes get thrown back and then barely gets up and sends Razor Leafs at Hippopotas who cries in pain and then falls to the ground, exhausted from the fight. Level up for Celes. As Celes begins to run to you, with complete exhaustion on its face you then wonder what to do next…


Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Rainforest

Wayne: Seeing how carefree and happy Cherubi appears to be, you decide to approach it and see if it will like to play. Cherubi smiles broadly upon hearing your request and happily begins playing with Sasan and Burmy, even including you in its little game as the three of them climb up your back and onto your head before jumping down into the soft pile of leaves. Other forest creatures appear to be interested in what is happening in the small clearing as well, seeing the four of you happily bouncing around and enjoying yourselves, and before long a Buneary, Kricketot and Pachirisu have all joined in the fun as well while a Chatot and Starly are watching from an overhanging tree branch, and a Skorupi from the bushes by the side of the clearing. Taking a second look at the Skorupi, you notice the look in its eyes isn't one of friendliness, but one of menacing intent...
Grinning at the three pokemon that seemed to be enjoying themselves in this beautiful forest, Wayne then noticed that a few more pokemon had joined them in their fun. While looking at the pokemon that had joined them Wayne noticed a dangerous looking Skorupi looking at all of them. Having never met one before Wayne felt as if someone threw icy water on him as he saw into the Skorupi's eyes at the time, and as refreshing it might have sounded to someone who was in the Rainforest, that was not the case at all.

Quickly signaling Bulbasaur to come to him he then once again bent down to whisper to him. "Sasan , I don't like the look of that Skorupi at all. I want you to use a Vine Whip to attack it should it try something before time and lure it away from the group. Okay?" Wayne then slowly approached the Skorupi and started talking to it from a reasonable distance. "Hey Skorupi, do you want to fight? You really do look quite strong and I wouldn't mind testing my Bulbasaur's power on something strong. But of course if you are afraid to fight I understand, not many pokemon like losing. If you want we can fight somewhere else away from these pokemon to give us more room." Slighly frightened and completely curious at the scorpion like pokemon, Wayne knew that this was the only way to prevent any of the other pokemon from getting hurt that he could think of.
__________________
Wayne's FB Team
(M) Lv. 19 (M) Lv.01 (F) Lv.01 (F) Lv.42 (M) Lv.01

PC Pokemon
(M) Lv.12 (M) Lv.10 (F) Lv.01 (M) Lv.08 (M) Lv.04 (M) Lv.05
(M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100
(F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (M) Lv.100
Wayne is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #161
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,203
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
Mt. Sierra
Xuande: Celes follows your order and cuts down the two trees blocking Hippopotas’ way out. As Celes cuts down the second tree you see Hippopotas charging at Celes ones more. Celes tries to dodge from the Take Down but gets hit. Celes get thrown back and then barely gets up and sends Razor Leafs at Hippopotas who cries in pain and then falls to the ground, exhausted from the fight. Level up for Celes. As Celes begins to run to you, with complete exhaustion on its face you then wonder what to do next…
Cyrus was out of breath. "That was a close call!" he puffed, swallowing in air as he reached to his belt for a PokBall. "Celes, return!" he called. "You've earned a good rest. And now," he turned his gaze to the pooped-out Hippopotas, "maybe we can get you to a Pokmon Center and find out just where you came from. POKÉBALL, GO!" And with that, Cyrus threw one of his three empty PokBalls at the tiny hippo Pokmon.

Registration Post
For record's sake: Celes grew from Level 8 to Level 9
Talon87 is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #162
quilava plush
Boulder Badge
 
quilava plush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 195
Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
Sapphire Lake
quilava plush: Your Pidgeot nods in understanding what to do and then flies quickly towards the Shellos in trouble. You look at the scene and then see Starly chirp offensively at Pidgeot. A few seconds later you see the Starly quickly fly away as the Shellos drops to the side. You go to take a closer look at it and see that it is injured and it may need help as it looks at you with its dark watery shiny eyes before passing out. A few seconds pass before a pink Shellos emerges from the water and looks at the fallen Shellos. It then gets out the water and looks at it and then you, with fury in its eyes as it sends a Water Pulse at PIdgeot who dodges the attack. at What will you do?
"You win some an' you lose some," Rivka chuckled as the frustrated Starly huffed and flew away. She then looked to the little blue Shellos, a more solemn look on her face as the little slug wearily looks to the trainer, the pain in its eyes apparent before it passed out. Soon, another sea slug- this one pink- rose out of the water and saw its kin floating helplessly. The pink one then flashed an angry look to the trainer and sent a pulse of water in the direction of Hayate. Rivka assumed that it wanted to avenge its fallen comrade, and Rivka and Hayate could do little to prove their innocence. The bottom line was, however, that Rivka needed to seek medical attention for the unconscious sea slug.

Not wanting to show hostility to the pink slug, but wanting to heal its comrade, Rivka had to quickly think of something to do. "Akari! Nero!" She called over to her Seadra and Mightyena, both who immediately listened attentively. "I need you two to help me out here. Nero, I want you to try to catch the pink slug's attention with a howl then try to put it to sleep with Yawn. Akari, if the pink slug is diverted, try to rescue the blue slug by gently nudging it to shore so I can give it some temporary care until we find a Pokemon Center. If the pink Shellos tries to attack you, simply Disable it and continue on your way. Hayate," she looked to her Pidgeot, "if our pink friend still wants a fight and Nero doesn't manage to put it to sleep, we'll give it a fight and turn it in with its blue counterpart. In that case, give it a Quick Attack and a Tackle."
__________________
"DO YOU WANT A HOUSE MADE OF COOKIES?!"
quilava plush is offline  
Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #163
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge
 
Dark Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 214
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Dark Fire: Initially a little reluctant to hand over the jar in case something else happens to it, Chimchar does as you ask, looking sadly at it while you examine its inscriptions. Forming a plan, you release Tallon asking her to dig around for some clay that will be appropriate to use as a "filler" for the hole in the bottom. Meanwhile, Mesmenir scouts the area to ensure no angry mobs are on their way to lynch Chimchar for breaking their precious artifact. It takes several minutes, but Tallon eventually returns with a handful of clay that seems to fit the texture of the jar perfectly. Filling in the crack and smoothing it over, you then have Mesmenir heat it so that it hardens. Leaving it to cool for a while, you take a look at Chimchar who is looking at the jar in awe. It can't believe what you've done and for the first time since meeting the little fire monkey you see a smile on its face. Pleased to see you've managed to help Chimchar and that it is no longer sad, you're distracted when a Graveler appears out of nowhere, mutters something angrily while pointing at the jar, and unleashes a Rock Blast attack upon the now cowering Chimchar. The rocks shoot forward, one of them smacking into the boulder the jar is sitting upon causing it to fly up into the air. Feeling like you're in the middle of a freaky movie scene, everything seems to be moving in slow motion while you watch as the jar arcs and begins falling back to earth...
"The smile suits you pretty well." Rayne began to say, ready to ask the Chimchar who the jar belongs to. Before he could he is rudely interrupted by the appearence of a rather sour looking Graveler, who mutters something and fires off a Rock Blast. During the split second that it took to travel towards the scared ape Rayne managed to ask himself how the hell the Graveler got passed Mesmenir and answer the question by remembering how closely the line resembles regular rocks. The rocks finally hit the Chimchar, and to his horror made the jar pop out of its hands.

"NO." Rayne yelled, he wouldn't allow this Chimchar to get in trouble; even though he did know the story behind the odd jar. The time seemed to slow, as if it understood the predicement they were in. "TALLON ... QUICK ATTACK ... CATCH ... JAR." He yelled, they had to catch the jar.
__________________
.: Team Dark Fire :.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Dark Fire is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #164
Eon
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 66
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake

Eon: Placing yourself protectively between Piplup and Glameow, you know there is no way on earth you're going to allow the cat Pokmon anywhere near the little penguin. Relaying your instructions to Dawn so she can deal with Glameow, you return your attention to Piplup, trying to untangle the fishing wire as quickly and gently as possible. Glameow is less than impressed to have to fight for its meal, but with such delicious looking meat so close by its not prepared to give it up too easily and so the battle over Piplup begins. Dawn immediately unleashes a faint blue beam of psychic energy to at least slow Glameow down, her Confusion causing Glameow to skid backward a couple of metres. Pouncing forward to retaliate, Glameow is met head on with Dawn's Tackle, but not before it manages to scratch your lavender feline across her side. While the two now face off, Glameow hissing and growling, Dawn makes a Wish, feeling her energy levels rise...
Eon began untangling the fishing line around Piplup’s legs while Dawn faced off against Glameow. Although he knew that Dawn was strong enough to hold her own, he could not help looking up frequently to make sure that she was not injured. Unfortunately, this constant distraction slowed the process of freeing Piplup considerably, to the point where he still had not freed the little blue penguin when Espeon and Glameow started circling each other, their attacks complete. Looking up once more, Eon called to Dawn, “Great job, Dawn! Use a Sand Attack to try and blind it, then hit it straight on with a Body Slam. Follow that up with another Confusion!” Dawn nodded, still circling with Glameow while she prepared to attack. Eon turned back to Piplup, willing himself to focus on freeing Piplup while Dawn handled the Glameow.
__________________
Active Team:
Prudence Lv. 7 Dawn Lv. 26 Sneasel Lv. 100 Wildfire Lv. 44 Mirage Lv. 16 Torrent Lv. 5

PC Pokemon:
Angel Lv. 50 Luna Lv. 100 Stratus Lv. 29 Oz Lv. 5 Cascade Lv. 5 Senna Lv. 100 Melody Lv. 5 Levin Lv. 5
Eon is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 05:27 AM   #165
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels
 
Muyotwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,309
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Bethla Meadows
Muyo: While Teddiursa is finding Combee to be an annoyance at best, it's more interested in the sweet honey coating the tree trunk and is perfectly happy to allow you to deal with the pesky bee so that it may continue to feed. Atiro wastes no time in wrapping Combee up in her vines, particularly since it hadn't noticed her approach and wasn't prepared to defend itself, but it sure as hell isn't willing to remain stuck. Struggling to free its little wings, it begins flapping them wildly, the resulting Gust causing Atiro's hold on the little bee to slip and allowing it to escape. Knowing that her chances of catching it again so easily are slim now that it's expecting her to try something, Atiro purses her lips and blows lightly, the faint, soothing tone of her Grasswhistle audible in the air. Combee yawns, as does Teddiursa, and seeing her chance Atiro extends her vines and wraps them around Combee before it can respond...
Muyo snarled as Combee tried to blow free of Atiro, but was surprised at his little Chikorita's resolve in keeping the Combee bound tight. Muyo glanced down at the Teddiursa who seemed to be more concerned with licking honey from its paws than helping or hindering the battle and sighed, he may have rushed in too quickly. It didn't change the fact that Combee had agitated the situation though, so pushing the reservations out of his mind Muyo barked orders to Atiro "Atiro, use your vines to slam that thing into the ground hard, and keep it bound tight while you hit it with Ancientpower, a bug like this appears to be won't take being rocked like that well, so make sure you hold on with all you've got and we'll try to end it fast with another Ancientpower. You can do it little girl, don't you worry"
__________________
The Kim Il Sung of ASB.
Muyotwo is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 05:41 AM   #166
RaichuRocks
My Thoughts Protect You
 
RaichuRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 135
Re: Excelsior

Wow. What a long trip.......Thanks a lot for bringing me he Azumarril^^ Return! *puts her in a pokeball*
This island looks great! I think Ill explore Neptune Beach for now. Come on out Treeko! *sends her out into the open*
Alright Treeko. We're gonna explore this beach here for a while. Maybe we can see some water and ground pokemon in the area. I hope to get in some good battles. You really need the levels. Heck, I have barely used you lately. I wont disappoint you though. We shall win as much as we can together! *hugs his Treeko tight*
Lets get going. I want to get as much of the beach covered before dark

*and so....our trainer is on the way with his Treeko to see what this beach has to offer*
__________________
RaichuRocks is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #167
Shadowshocker
used First Impression
 
Shadowshocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,037
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Mt. Sierra: A volcanic mountain chain where many Ground, Rock and Fire types thrive. The mountainsides are sometimes unstable, particularly after an eruption, leading to rockslides as well as the appearance of some of the more powerful Pokmon residing in the area.
"Hmmm. So this is the new sector I've heard so much and observed so much hype over," Shadow mused from the deck of the Arctic Breeze.

For long Shadow had been intrigued by tales of the land of Sinnoh, about the indigenous species of Pokemon no one had seen before and the powers the land could unlock in already existing Pokemon. Grim, he understood, was one of them. After he had procured enough information about the new area's protocol and data, he felt prepared enough to journey into this unseen, newly unravelled region, on the search for perhaps, a new partner to fight by his side...

"Kull?"

"It's fine, Grim. If we play our cards right and don't do anything rash, I'm sure we'll be fine," assured Shadow serenely as the huge vessel docked. Joining the throngs of disembarking people, Shadow looked around. Given the preference of Pokemon he had in mind, Mt. Sierra would be the best place for him to go...
__________________

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #168
Radical Edward
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Radical Edward: Gog begins spinning, the resulting wind causing a swirling sandstorm to begin brewing. Spiralling upward and outward, the entire area is soon overtaken by the blinding winds which is making Croagunk even more uncomfortable than before. With visibility low, and the strong winds almost knocking Croagunk off its feet, it relies upon its use of Astonish to attack Gog only to be met with a point-blank Psybeam causing heavy damage to the tiny toad. The sandstorm continues to brew, hitting both Gog and Croagunk, while Croagunk fires off a barrage of small projectiles which don't do a great deal of damage. Gog then attacks with another Psybeam, this one being the final straw for Croagunk who doesn't take too kindly to psychic attacks and it drops to the ground, KOed. Level up for Gog.

Ed watches with a smile as Gog performs magnificently against the little toad, pleased as punch at how stong a monster he'd raised. as the sandstorm swirls, Gog's psybeams light the area in brilliant magenta. after the last one fades, the little toad wobbles and falls over, exhausted from the battle with a pokemon so completely out of it's league.

With his arm over his eyes, Benjamin makes his way over to Gog, a shiny pokeball held in his hand.

"you did great gog. thanks for your help. I'm proud of you."

patting gog on the side affectionately, he pulls the lavender psychic ball on his belt off and presses the release button, withdrawing the claydol back home for some deserved R&R.

"and now for you, my little toad friend. we need to get you some medical attention, so lets get you inside to," the young boy mumbles. kneeling beside the small frog pokemon, Ed tosses his pokeball, hoping for his first capture in this new land, and ready to make his way back to the city to get the croagunk revitalized.
 
Old 08-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #169
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake

Dragon 11: The little Burmy looks up at you with a seemingly friendly expression when you begin speaking to it, but as soon as you mention Mirage Island it glares angrily at you before turning around and stalking off into the trees. With two Pokmon in a row who have now turned their backs on you upon asking about the mysterious island, it's becoming clearer that they really don't want to talk about it. Sighing heavily, and rather bored by now, you continue on hoping you'll have better luck next time when out of the corner of your eye you spy a Glameow drinking from the lake...
Aero gave a long sigh as he watched the Burmy run off. There must be something secret on that island. As he started to walk, he gaze another glance out to the lake. He saw a Glameow drinking. Then a effective, if somewhat cruel, idea came to him. He then turned towards Sandstorm, who was on his other side, "Okay, I need you to grab on to it. If necessary, use Screech to stun it long enough to grab it. Then you ask about Mirage Island. Especially if the Glameow is the one that nearly killed us earlier." Then, to himself he added, with a sigh, "I should of asked it then... Oh well."

Sandstorm gave a glare that seemed to mean, "That's something that Xype would do," then a look of, "If that was the one that nearly scratched my eyes out, it has it coming." The Flygon proceeded to fly over Aero's head and landed in the white sand behind the Glameow.

He gave gave the drinking cat a look and asked (in pokemon language), "Are you the Glameow we saved earlier today?" He readied himself to catch it if it ran, but he would rather it stick around so he could ask it ask it about Mirage Island without pinning it down, though the Glameow would more likely than not run off after Mirage Island was metioned.
__________________
FB Squad

FB PC
Dragon 11 is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #170
Arnold
Just call me sir
 
Arnold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,359
Re: Excelsior

Torkoal Stu: As the injured Kricketot falls to the ground, you smile as you graba Pokeball in your hand, enlarging it and tossing it into the air towards Kricketot, magically finding ti’s way to it’s location it bumbps onto the bugs body and scoops it up before dropping down, the little red buttong flashing brightly as the ball wobbles left to right, once, twice, three times, four times and Ding the ball stops and clears, as you capture yourself a Male Kricketot Level 6. What shall you do?

Lilblue: As you watch on in amazement, you comment on how well the little Bunaery has done against one of your top Pokemon, as you look on, the Buneary panting heavily as the Endure took a lot out of it, sliding your hand don to your pocket you grab a Pokeball in between your fingers, holding it close as you watch the Buneary Come Charging in towards you, Zigzagoon crackling with electricity as a Thunder wave shoots out from him and hits Buneary dead on, the bunny trying it’s best to break free but caught pretty well, taking the opportunity to strike you enlarge the Pokeball and sling it towards Buneary, the red and white ball floating gracefully in to the air and hitting the Buneary dead on, scooping it up into a red light before plopping down to the ground, shaking, once, twice…..Three times and *DING* the ball stops shaking and you have caught yourself a nice little Buneary, Level 5 and Female, hat will you do now?

Arc: As the little Hippo jaunts away into dream land, you get the opportunity in your head to take this nice little advantage up on it’s offer, ordering Drowzee to attack you watch on as the little Elephant type Pokemon iggles his finger a little more, a purple haze floating into the air and sneakily seeping into Hippopotas’s ear, the hippo squirming a tiny bit as out of the other end little bits of dreams float out of it and into Drowzees mouth, Drowzee munching away as Hipoopotas makes little scared noises in it’s sleep. As the battle continues on you order your next attack, Drowzee continuing to wiggle his fingers as another Purple haze emits from his fingers, but this time little figures with pitchforks and horns dance around into Hipoppotas’s ears and all of a sudden a Yelp of pain emits from the Hippo, the nightmare waking him up as it runs around in pain, Drowzee on the other hand feeling pretty refreshed after the two attacks, looking around frightened the Hippoptas locks onto Drowzee who is just standing there with a smile on his face, the face of Hippoptas though not looking too best pleased as it charges forward as quickly as a Hippo can and tackles Drowzee to the ground, looking up drowzee leaps up and Pounds on Hippoptoas for a little bit of damage, both pokemon just standing there ready, what shall you do?

Tessie: Having your concerns about hurting Pachirisu more, you run things through your head over and over again, not wanting to hurt Inchy’s feelings, but also not wanting to hurt or seriously injure the little Squirrel, but as you think on it Inchy gains the upperhand in your mind, and as you order your attacks, the little Ant Pokemon gnashes away as pachirisu starts belting forward towards Inchy, the little ant doing a little Pirouette in it’s spot, getting faster and faster and faster as a Gust magically appears around him, getting bigger the gust then flies off towards Pachirisu who gets caught in it, as Inchy stops spinning, wobbling a little bit like he’s had a bit to much whiskey from the bar, as h wobbles the Gust bangs and bruises the squirrel left and right and finally dropping it into the bushes near by that have had a lot of action themselves today, after a few second pass Inchy gets his bearings right and Pachirisu itself comes wobbling out of the bushes, just like it’s had the same amount of whiskey Inchy has had, taking the opportunity to head Inchy scurries across towards Pachirisu and Chomps down on Pachirisu,, Draining heavily on him as the Squirrel lets out a lifeless yelp and as Inchy lets go the squirrel falls down on his knees, his time nearly to be up as it’s teetering dangerously close to being knocked out, what shall you do?

Another Fan: Grasping the Skitty in your arms, you take a hold of Magnamite and pull on him as you run, the little mechanical blob trailing behind you as the Glameow runs after you, picking up the pace you out run it and the Glameow turns around and runs back t where it was, sighing in relief you see the Pokemart up ahead, running up to it you pull on the handle and it doesn’t open, looking around you see a “Closed for renovations” sign, looking around again you notice the Pokecentre up ahead, walking into it you see Nurse Joy and hand over the injured Skitty, telling her what’s happened, as she takes it from you she says she’ll take care of it and if you want to return in an hour and pick it up o take it where it belongs you can, or if not she will release it back into the wild after it’s healed up, what shall you do?

Stark: As you wipe the water from your face, you look on at the Buizel who is laughing pretty hard at you, not taken into the little bullying from the little otter you look down at Spearow, without a word the bird Pokemon takes flight into the air as the battle starts, having thought about some new target practice, Buizel starts shooting a water gun towards Sperow, not expecting the quickness Spearow gets caught but not halted as he Swoops down towards the otter, the air around him getting lighter as his Quick attack hits pretty accurately for some good damage, taking the hit Buizel strikes again with a Water gun, Spearow quickly dodging as h shines a nice metallic colour, his wings spread out wide as he swoops back down and hit Buizel with a nice Steel wing, as the round ends Bueizel isn’t looking to impressed with the advantage Spearow has on him, what will you do?

Raichu: Arriving on Neptune Beach by way of azumarill, you stretch out as you step foot on the warm sandy beach, returning Azumarill to her ball, you switch out for treecko who comes jumping out and onto the beach next to you, thinking it’s best to start your journey in the new land of Excelsior you set on out and feel the warmth of the sun hitting you straight away, as you stroll down you hear thi faint noise in the distance, running to have a closer look you see a little Stunky scratching away at the sand, looking like it might be searching for something, what shall you do?

Shadow Shocker: Making your way from the beaches of Excelsior you decide to go to the volcanic area of Mt Sierra, as you get close the fumes and heat of the volcano hitting you dead on making it a little uncomfortable to walk, but managing to go through it you arrive happily at your destination, taking your stride you look up the mountain side smiling at the prospect of finding new Pokmon and just as you start again a rustling appears behind you from a bush, turning around a Burmy knocks you down to the ground, looking back around you notice a Pink colour on it, as a Trash coated Burmy look at you and smiles, what shall you do?


__________________
Team Arnie
Arnold is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #171
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Re: Excelsior

Neptune Beach

Alilatias: Shellos and Buizel appear extremely pleased by your presence and friendly nature. The little blue sea slug immediately begins circling your ankles, rubbing its little head against you to show it has accepted you as a friend. Buizel is more interested in searching through your belongings, examining each item it comes across before gently replacing it and then leaping back into the water to engage in yet another race with Shellos and Kairu which Buizel wins. It then heads back over to you, showing off for its new audience with Kairu close behind it and Shellos bringing up the rear. It is then that you notice some movement in the water behind Shellos and feel your stomach tighten as you realise what the large blue shape emerging from the water is. Before you have any chance to shout a warning to Shellos, the Sharpedo opens its mouth, swallowing your new friend in one gulp. Horrified, you can only watch while Shellos is swallowed whole, its surprised cry attracting Buizel and Kairu's attention just in time for them to turn around and see what has happened. Buizel immediately screeches loudly, its wailing cry heard by trainers from miles away. Not even stopping to think, Buizel immediately charges Sharpedo in the desperate hope of forcing the shark to spit up its hopefully uninjured friend...


Aspen Forest

Dark Duskull: Tyrande doesn't miss a beat, moving around at a steady pace in an attempt to keep the increasing cold at bay. While you watch, you see some little beads of fiery energy swirling around Tyrande before she concentrates upon focusing them into a beam of fiery energy which streaks right through Snover's next Powder Snow. Snover drops like a brick, taking heavy damage, before trying to use it's razor leaf attack which is pitiful at best. The sharp edged leaves simply fall to the ground beside Snover who is too weak to attack. Tyrande, happy to see the effect of her move upon her foe, repeats the attack, KOing the frosted tree Pokmon. Level up for Tyrande.


Mt. Sierra

Dark Fire: With time seeming to slow, you can only watch as the jar arcs through the air before making its downward descent. Luckily, Tallon is quick, catching it only a split second before it hits the ground. Graveler is now stalking off while Chimchar is sitting on the ground crying, obviously knowing it's in very big trouble. Taking your hand, Chimchar leads you to a little stone temple in the woods, pointing to it fearfully. Taking a closer look, you see several Chimchar, Monferno and Infernape all outside of the temple screeching angrily at one another whilst pointing at a crevice in the wall where something appears to be missing. Hmm... wonder what that could be? Chimchar points at the jar Tallon is holding before pointing at the crevice in the wall. Next Chimchar points at you then at itself before pointing at the angry fire monkeys, clearly wanting you to go with it while returning the jar to its rightful place...

ForeverFlygon: Thinking he has the advantage, Nookie releases a Flash only to discover himself being hit from behind by Starly's Quick Attack. The little bird's quick thinking has helped it to evade the brunt of the light though its eyes are watering heavily causing its vision to blur. Unable to see clearly, Starly's best hope of defending itself is to confuse Nookie and so uses Double Team, creating two clones of itself. Nookie now has a choice to make, ramming into Starly with Take Down, and shattering one of the clones. Both Starly then flap their wings vigorously, creating a Whirlwind which knocks Nookie around causing his retaliatory Confusion beam to sail off into the distance. Starly may be small, but it appears this battle isn't going to be as easy as you first thought...

Sylar: Leaving Bidoof behind at the Neptune Beach Pokmon Centre, you decide a change of scenery will be nice and release Flygon. Hopping on his back the two of you take flight, heading for Mt. Sierra. The ride is nice, and as you approach the volcanic mountain chain you can see signs of a recent eruption having badly scarred the area. The foliage seems to be growing back nicely though, and there is wildlife everywhere which is always a good sign after such a devastating event. When flying lower to the ground, you notice a little sandy type thing walking along and consult your Pokdex to discover it is a Sandy Cloak Burmy...

Lee-san: Oops, sorry :/
Deciding to catch the defeated cricket, you watch while it's sucked into your Pokball. After only a second the capture light turns green signalling your successful capture of the Lv.3 male Kricketot. With thoughts of the vast land of Excelsior in the back of your mind you figure you may as well explore another part of the land and head off toward Mt. Sierra. A couple of hours later you find yourself wandering the mountainside when you hear some rumbling overhead. Looking up the hillside, you notice an avalanche of rocks cascading down the mountain. If you don't move quickly, you're gunna get squished...



Rainforest

Wayne: Deciding to approach Skorupi before it can do anything to harm any of the Pokmon playing in the clearing, its eyes narrow as you speak, obviously not impressed with you believing it may afraid to fight. Stepping forward it swishes its venomous tail back and forth indicating it's ready and willing to accept your challenge right here, right now. The happy laughing and giggling once filling the clearing is now filled with deathly silence as each and every one of the Pokmon who had been playing only a moment before, are now watching curiously to see what will happen next...


Phantom Desert

Dae~Maker: Coriolis focuses her energy into her attack power, slamming her body into the ground and crushing Carnivine beneath her. The carnivorous plant isn't given much choice in the matter of releasing its grip on Coriolis as it's now just about flat as a pancake and in a great deal of pain. It tries biting Coriolis, but is so weak the attack is more of a weak pinch. Angry, Coriolis's fist becomes encased in ice energy before slamming into Carnivine and sending it to KO land. Level up for Coriolis.

Radical Edward: Congratulating Gog on a battle well fought, you return him to rest before turning your attention to the KOed frog Pokmon. Tossing your Pokball at it, you watch the green light appear, signaling your successful capture of the Lv.4 male Croagunk. Deciding to heal it before continuing on your journey, you make your way to the nearest Pokmon Centre. Arriving, you proudly hand the ball over to the nurse on duty who tends to Croagunk before returning him to his ball and handing it back over with the warning that he will need to rest for at least half an hour before battling again. Leaving the Pokmon Centre with your new teammate, it's now time to decide what you'd like to do next...


Sapphire Lake

Jonouchi: While you're instructing your Pokmon for the next round of battle, Stunky turns around, raises its tail, and sprays out a noxious liquid from its rear which splatters all over both you and Kaio. The smell is enough to make you gag, and Kaio is torn between following your orders and leaping into the lake to get rid of the fouler than foul odour. Knowing it'll be best to deal with the purple skunk first and wash later so Stunky doesn't have a chance to cover him in more fluid, Kaio exacts his revenge by unleashing a freezing cold gust of wind which washes over Stunky, chilling it to the bones. Stunky's teeth begin to chatter, the cold causing it to slow down just enough for Kaio to get his next attack in before Stunky can retaliate. Spitting out a large ball of mud, his Mud Shot whacks Stunky in the side of the head for good damage. Really angry now, Stunky runs forward, scratching Kaio's leg. Meanwhile, Kain is dealing with Buneary who has just sprung out of its defense curl to leap forward and Pound him in the gut before immediately curling into its defensive stance once again. Unable to sink his poisonous fangs into the rabbits' mouth as instructed he instead stomps the ground resulting in rocks rising up through the dirt to surround and trap Buneary within...

ZoraJolteon: Grabbing hold of Skuntank you swim back toward the shore, Pineco keeping a lookout and ready to use Protect should it be needed. You manage to make it safely to shore though, and once there Pineco sprays the ground around you with a protective layer of spikes in order to hinder anything that may attack. Gently placing Skuntank down on the grass, you notice it is a female and that it is very badly injured. Covered with many bite marks, scratches and defensive wounds it is clear that whatever has happened to this Pokmon there was malicious intent involved. Unable to comprehend why anything would be so vicious, you're mulling over what to do next when you notice a male trainer exiting the trees with a Garchomp walking beside him...

Eon: Fumbling with the fishing line, you finally manage to untangle it from Piplup's little legs, but the sight of the deep cuts and possible resulting scars can't help but upset you. This little Pokmon is definitely going to need medical attention, so the sooner you can get rid of Glameow the better. Piplup squawks at you pitifully, attempting to drag itself closer to you while it watches the battle unfold with wide and fearful eyes. Dawn begins scratching up dirt and grass, sending it flying into Glameow's eyes which water up and reduce its visibility. Unable to see its attacker, Glameow lunges forward, attacking fiercely with Fury Swipes in a desperate attempt to locate Dawn. Lucky for Dawn, Glameow is way off and only slashes at open air allowing her the opening to attack directly with Body Slam. With Dawn now so close, Glameow latches onto her, wrapping its front paws around Dawn while madly scratching her with its hind legs. Crying out, Dawn unleashes a point-blank Confusion, the psychic energy confusing Glameow who releases its grip...

Dragon 11: Sandstorm approaches the drinking kitty, asking if it is the same Glameow he'd saved earlier that day. Glameow looks up, confused, before shaking its head to answer in the negative. Sandstorm then asks Glameow if it knows anything about Mirage Island, resulting in Glameow's eyes narrowing to mere slits while it stares back at him angrily. It appears not one single Pokmon is willing to talk no matter how much you ask about the elusive island. You're free to keep on trying though...

Loki: While Salamence shakes her head violently in an attempt to shake her confusion, you notice Shellos begin to glow while recovering from the unexpected attack. She then lashes out with Dragon Claw while Shellos proceeds to Harden itself against her attack, but due to Salamence's confusion she only strikes Shellos' side resulting in the little blue sea slug releasing a pained cry. Shellos retaliates with Mud Bomb, the mud grenade exploding inside of Salamences mouth just as she opens it wide to Crunch down upon Shellos. Salamence rears back, her confusion gone, roaring in agony as a result of the surprise attack...

S_M: Healing Chatot before moving on, the colourful bird stares at you for a moment before squawking with fright and flying off into the forest. You're more interested in your newest teammate though, and allow Starly to accompany you while you walk toward Sapphire Lake. A few uneventful hours later you find yourself approaching a large body of sapphire coloured water. The surrounding area is a lush green, and there seem to be trainers everywhere proving this is a highly popular destination. While you scan the area, Starly swoops down, lands on your shoulder and begins nibbling your earlobe when a little blue and black Pokmon with a yellow star on the tip of it's tail catches your attention. It's drinking from the lake, completely unaware of your presence...


Bethla Meadows

Pearls Perap: Taillow flies up high, putting some distance between Buneary and herself in order to evade Buneary's ears which it hasn't yet used in defense of itself. Buneary remains curled up, readying itself for the oncoming attack. Taillow takes a dive, swooping in to attack Buneary with a single Peck but not doing a great deal of damage. Buneary immediately springs out of its defense stance, leaping high and pounding Taillow in the belly. A little winded, Taillow awaits her next set of instructions...

Joshua: Deciding it'll be best to have Michael watch over Shinx and leave this battle to the girls, you release Tessie and Kenzie who are more than capable of handling the two Combee. At the sight of the two fiery hounds, the Combee hesitate for a moment, clearly giving this matter second thoughts. Tessie doesn't waste a moment, sending an energy beam skyward, her Sunny Day having the immediate effect of the sky becoming clearer and brighter as the few visible clouds in the area disappear. The Combee, understanding what is coming, engage in a quick, panicked conversation, their eyes darting toward the two dogs on the trail before them. They don't seem the kind to give in easily however, and immediately whip up a double Gust attack, their combined wind doing nothing more than causing Tessie and Kenzie's hair to ruffle in the breeze. Staring their attackers down, the two hounds move into action, their respective Fire Spins encircling the Combee in powerful fiery tornados which Tessie then powers up with a massive heat wave. The blast of hot air is all it takes to finish off the two bullies. They drop to the ground KO'd, their little bodies charred and smoking, while Shinx looks up at you with adoration in its eyes after having witnessed you going out of your way to protect it. Shinx then falls asleep, but its breathing is quite ragged, causing you to wonder if the potions you'd administered were enough to save it or if it needs professional medical attention. At that moment a young girl runs up to you crying, asking if you've seen a Shinx...

Muyo: With Combee feeling quite sleepy now it isn't hard for Atiro to slam it into the ground while still holding it with her vines. The impact is a rather rude awakening for Combee though, and it comes back to its senses quick smart, struggling again to try and free itself but not before Atiro can hit it with Ancientpower, the rock energy radiating from her body dealing quite some damage. Combee responds by secreting a Sweet Scent, the strong odour invading Atiro's senses as she breathes it in. Her eyes cloud over, seemingly unfocused, while she begins swaying from side to side giving Combee just the chance it needs to slip out her grasp and send a Gust of wind toward her resulting in Atiro taking some light damage. Shaking her head after being hit, she attempts to refocus, attempting another Ancientpower but missing her target..
__________________
.
enchantress is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #172
Shinjara
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Posts: 85
Send a message via AIM to Shinjara Send a message via MSN to Shinjara
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne

Bethla Meadows
Shinjara: As Maudin nodded with much determination, it then quickly emitted a few purple balloon like spheres that quickly turn solid as they are aimed at Glameow. Looking at the Sludge Bomb attack with a little fear in its eyes, the cat tries to dodge this attack but get hit in the side causing a small explosion sending it sideways rolling. As the Glameow tries to get up as quickly as possibly, Gligar goes through the small puff of smoke and bites Glameow on its back, with a Toxic attack. The purple feline meows in pains as it Slashes Gligar right on the face for some moderate damage. Both pokemon look hurt, Glameow being more hurt than Gligar at this point. What will you do?
Maduin was sent tumbling back as the Glameow retaliated with a Slash attack in the face after Maduin had injected some pretty lethal Toxic into it's back. Maduin stood up and growled lowly, his face definitely smarting after the attack. His Sludge Bomb had hit it's mark though, causing some good damage. He didn't even need to use his Metal Claw attack to knock her down.

The turn in the battle made Kaya feel more reassured - she was frightened her young Gligar would have been ripped to shreds by the feral Glameow. With renewed spirits she called out to Maduin, "Shake it off Maduin! You're doing so well!" Maduin shook his head and screwed his face up in pain before hissing slightly, clenching his eyes shut as he stopped focusing on the pain and more on the battle infront of him.

Kaya grinned, "Go in for a Wing Attack, glide into the air and then swoop back down for the attack. If you don't hit her, swoop back up and come back round until you do. When you hit her, smack her with a close range Sludge Bomb attack. Go for it!". Maduin began to glide as Kaya watched to find out the outcome..
__________________
~Fizzy Bubbles Team~

Level 100Level 100Level 82Level 64Level 43
Level 53Level 50Level 39Level 40Level 34
Shinjara is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #173
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge
 
Jonouchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Under your bed at night
Posts: 218
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Jonouchi: While you're instructing your Pokmon for the next round of battle, Stunky turns around, raises its tail, and sprays out a noxious liquid from its rear which splatters all over both you and Kaio. The smell is enough to make you gag, and Kaio is torn between following your orders and leaping into the lake to get rid of the fouler than foul odour. Knowing it'll be best to deal with the purple skunk first and wash later so Stunky doesn't have a chance to cover him in more fluid, Kaio exacts his revenge by unleashing a freezing cold gust of wind which washes over Stunky, chilling it to the bones. Stunky's teeth begin to chatter, the cold causing it to slow down just enough for Kaio to get his next attack in before Stunky can retaliate. Spitting out a large ball of mud, his Mud Shot whacks Stunky in the side of the head for good damage. Really angry now, Stunky runs forward, scratching Kaio's leg. Meanwhile, Kain is dealing with Buneary who has just sprung out of its defense curl to leap forward and Pound him in the gut before immediately curling into its defensive stance once again. Unable to sink his poisonous fangs into the rabbits' mouth as instructed he instead stomps the ground resulting in rocks rising up through the dirt to surround and trap Buneary within...
Ricco gags in disgust at the horrid stench that was Stunky's spray. Ricco decides to jump into the water quickly as he tries to wash it off. He continues to watch the battle and both sides are heating up.

"Kaio, use another Mud Shot and then go in with a Body Slam! Kain, good work! Use a quick Swords Dance and if it attacks you, bite with Poison Fang before it can go back into a Defense Curl!"

Ricco continues to wash the stink off of him as the battle continues. Ricco keeps cursing silently as he keeps washing himself down.

"I just HAD to fight a skunk and get sprayed by it." he said to himself.

It didn't matter to him now. All he wanted was the Stunky spray off.
__________________
Ricco's Crew: Fizzy Bubbles

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Jonouchi is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #174
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 634
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sandaa: Upon watching Mantine burst free from his Pokball, Buizel decides it's going to make the first move, streaking forward and releasing a Sonicboom. The windy attack shoots past Aero who had no idea the attack was even coming, distracting him just long enough for Buizel to move in with Quick Attack. While not exactly sure what he's just been thrown into, all Aero can do is obey your instructions, and so releases a Supersonic, the high-pitched wail completely disorienting the bully Buizel and confusing it. It attempts another attack, but only succeeds in confusing itself even further giving Aero the opportunity he needs to ram into the otter Pokmon with Tackle. Buizel is sent flying closer to the edge of the lake, and if he keeps this up may even be able to get Buizel onto dry land after all...
Gary gritted his teeth as the Buizel struck first, but saw his Mantine was still fine. "Hang in there, Aero!" he assured, looking down at the combatants. This Buizel was starting to be a pain, now trying to take the battle closer to the shore. "Oh no you don't," Gary thought to himself. "Aero!" he continued out loud, "We are going to keep this battle in the water, alright? Trap it in a Whirlpool vortex, and then chill it to the bone with a Blizzard! I want you to finish by Tackling it hard again, in the direction of deeper water! I'm counting on you!" he finished, trying to encourage his pokemon, as he eyed the Buizel.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is offline  
Old 08-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #175
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress

Lee-san: Oops, sorry :/
Deciding to catch the defeated cricket, you watch while it's sucked into your Pokball. After only a second the capture light turns green signalling your successful capture of the Lv.3 male Kricketot. With thoughts of the vast land of Excelsior in the back of your mind you figure you may as well explore another part of the land and head off toward Mt. Sierra. A couple of hours later you find yourself wandering the mountainside when you hear some rumbling overhead. Looking up the hillside, you notice an avalanche of rocks cascading down the mountain. If you don't move quickly, you're gunna get squished...


"Uh oh." was all Lee could bring out as he watched the avalanche of rocks coming down on him.
Without thinking, Lee reached for the Pokeballs on his belt. It was more like a reflex than anything else. His Pokemon had always helped him overcome difficult situations, and this was yet another obstacle they'd overcome together. Taking a Feather Ball from his belt, Lee threw it and shouted "Go, Mekhet!"
Within seconds, Mekhet, his Pidgeot materialized before him. Without further ado, he hopped on her back. Leaning down to her so she could hear him over the rumbling, he said "Quick, you need to get us out of here! Fly away so that avalanche won't hit us. Go!"
Hoping that he'd acted quick enough, all Lee could do now was trust in his Pokemon..
__________________
FB Info
Lee-san is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.