UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 08-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
UPN PASBL: Tbh1313 vs Handymankg2 (RF)

Very quick thread, hopefully. This battle will hopefully end before about 8:00 PM GMT, but may go on longer. Tbh1313 is a guy I'm reffing for, and Handy is someone that has already beaten me... handily. Anyway, as for the arena, Handy suggested Lawn, due to the 0 restrictions and simplicity. Tbh, I'll need you to tell me if you're ok with the arena choice, and a PM from you with your Pokemon and orders. I've already received Handy's, as a change from the normal standards.

Stats:

1v1
RF
Lawn(?) Arena
Switch=KO, and you will lose (duh)
Slapstick

Also, Tbh challenged, therefore he posts first after Round 1.

I think that's it. BATTLE.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #2
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Send a message via MSN to tbh1313
PM sent.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

tbh1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 1: Short and sweet, sans sweetness.

Lawn Arena is ok apparently, so on we go. Also, Equilevel is being forced on because it’s usually assumed. Also, this reffing is really too short. Also- *shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy
Level 3 Starmie
Starmie: (Water/Psychic) Starmie and Staryu are, technically, blind. However, they use their senses, along with an excellent sense of touch, to detect opponents. Starmie and Staryu are capable of limited flight by using psychic energy. A Starmie or Staryu’s core is its most vulnerable point.

Thunder Wave into Confuse Ray.

Best of luck tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbh1313
I'm gonna use my level 2 Female Charmaleon Madonna. Swords Dance to Take Down. No sig, btw.
NB: Madonna will be Level 4 for this battle, as she is an up-level.

Ok, so Tbh sends out his Female Charmeleon called Madonna. Handy gains the upper hand, however, as he selects his Starmie. Madonna starts by spinning rapidly to increase her stats. Not long after she starts spinning, however, Starmie begins firing tendrils of electricity towards her. The not-so-Wave like ELECTRICITY, not Thunder, ensnares Madonna, forcing her to cut her Swords Dance short, and keeping her in one place. Starmie takes advantage of this position to launch a Wave of Confusing light, which reaches Madonna’s eyes with ease, and messes with her head. It doesn’t look like she’ll be pulling off a Take Down any time soon, as she tries to remember her orders, failing miserably.

Summary

A small amount of damage for Madonna, and she used little energy.

Starmie took no damage, but used more energy. Electric energy is still fairly fresh, as is Ghost energy.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Hmm. Thats unfortunate... Oh well, I was always going to lose . Madonna, Fury Cutter to Double Team.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Hydro Pump at the tail flame. Bubblebeam through the clones and hit her.
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 2: Hosing down the "Material Girl"... that was a Madonna song, right?

Wait, what? 2 posts less than a minute from each-other? Talk about Rapid Fire, Handy. Not to mention the orders you posted.

Ok, so basically what happens first is Starmie is faster, so it charges up an insane amount of Water energy, and uses it to fire water towards the giant enemy baby collector lizard’s weak spot (read: Madonna’s tail-flame) for MASSIVE DAMAGE! This deals a massive amount of damage, and leaves her feeling bad. She isn’t anywhere near finished yet though, and the Hydro Pump seems to have released her from most of her paralysis, so she can run towards Starmie and Cut it with all of her Fury. Hey, look, I used my Charmeleon’s sig’s name while talking about another Charmeleon. *shot* Anyway, this hurts a lot, and the Fury Cutter was rather strong too, with the reasonable SD boost. Next, Madonna starts running from side to side to create 2 Double Team clones of herself. It’s 2 because she just took a massive hit. Thank god paralysis is gone. Anyway, Starmie fires a widespread Bubblebeam at all of the 3 ‘Meleons, and both clones are wiped out, leaving Madonna to take about 1/3 of the attack for 2/3 the damage.

Summary

Whee. That’s what Madonna’s health is doing right now. It has plummeted below ľ and is pretty near the midpoint. Energy use wasn’t light either, but is above ľ somewhere. Decent SD boost remains somewhat.

Starmie took a good hit, but is still above ľ. Energy is nearing ľ already. She’s panting a little.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 08-03-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Bugger me, a Hydro Pimp and 3 melons summoned from nowhere? Typoes are an endless source of embarrassment/amusement...
Old 08-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Water Pulse (Orb), Power Gem.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Extinguish your flame, Dragon Breath through the Pulse, then use Rock Tomb
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Charmeleon =/= Quilava

Translation: The flame has to stay lit. Reorder please.

EDIT: Also, I'm aware that the Bubblebeam won't have hit the flame for the most part, but I was a retard, and I'm not going to go back and mess with the fractions, 'cause I'm lazy.

EDIT #dos: Translation: The damage is correct, the reffing of Bubblebeam is wrong when it says 2/3.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 08-03-2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I am such a retard... I know what I mean anyway
Old 08-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Crap. Kill the flame part.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 3: Of Mice and 'Melons... and Pimps. Hydro Pimps.

Madonna is feeling pretty down right now, and, after confusion about her abilities, builds up a good portion of her fairly familiar Dragon type energy, in preparation for possible-but-unlikely revenge. Starmie, meanwhile, builds up Water energy once more, creating a sphere that Tbh is seeing too much of in the match I’m reffing for him. It fires the generic-but-extremely-useful Water Pulse towards Madonna, who takes this as a cue to launch. YES ZORA, POKÉMON ARE ABLE TO WAIT BEFORE FIRING! Anyway, she fires her bad Breath, filled with Dragon energy, at the orb, causing asploshun tiem. The explosion deals damage to both Pokémon, but the Water Pulse still bursts into water, which washes over Madonna’s tail for more damage. Madonna then stomps onto the ground, exerting Rock energy, causing a Rock Tomb to emerge, surrounding Starmie. The starfish sees no point in using Power Gem, so the round ends.

Summary

Madonna took more damage, and is now below the midpoint by a small amount. Energy use was good, and is hanging around ľ now. Reasonable SD boost is fading.

Starmie took some extra damage, but is well above ľ still. Energy use was good again, and is below ľ by a rather good amount. She would like a rest kthxbai.

EDIT NOTE: Just going to point out that Rock energy is somewhere around 3/4, and Dragon energy is plentiful, for me for next round. This is for Madonna, of course.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 08-03-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Forgot the title, where is the title? Oh, hi there.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Crap. Again. Madonna, lets do as much damage as we can while we still can. Dragon Rage through the rocks then reinforce the Rock Tomb
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Hopefully, the dragon rage will make a hole through the tomb for you to emerge through. When it does, do so. Then dodge the second rock tomb, agility if necessary. That should do for a break.

EDIT: Dinner, be back in 'bout half an hour.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 08-03-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 4: Pimp my Rock Tomb, if by "Pimp" you mean "Destroy, then rebuild"

Yay, easier round for me. Also, I’d have loved to have seen a Charmeleon try a Water type Dragon Rage, then get sprayed by its own attack. And yes, another "pimp" title. Because I can.

Madonna builds up yet more Dragon energy, this time merging it with Fire energy, to form a massive fireball, which she fires at the large structure she created. That’s one way to break it. The DORAGON REEJI Dragon Rage smacks into the Rock Tomb, creating a hole. Starmie uses this to escape ASAP, and the Tomb crashes down. Madonna then uses more Rock energy to form Rock Tomb #2, but Starmie sees the stomp and darts out of the area with Agility, as a regular dodge wouldn’t be enough to avoid a large circle of rocks, realistically. Come on, it’s a starfish.

Summary

Madonna took no damage, huzzah! As for energy, she used a lot, and is now nearer the midpoint than ľ. SD boost is fading fast now. Dragon energy is somewhere near ľ, a little below. Rock energy is also below ľ.

Starmie took zero hits, and no damage. Energy use wasn’t light, and is further below ľ. Slight rest gives her some breath back.

EDIT: God damn, I will probably be gone when Handy returns, and possibly not back for another hour after I leave. I leave in about another 20 minutes, so probably about 1 hour and a half? Tl;dr: back when I can be.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 08-03-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #15
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Back. Twister, followed by Bubblebeam.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:48 PM   #16
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Assuming Starmie spins to make the Twister, Fire Spin the opposite way to stop it. If it works, Focus and Punch. Otherwise, show your Frustration.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 5: Spinnin' Around, Ring of Fire, Disco Inferno etc: take your pick

Sorry guys, 2 hours is late for a Rapid Fire. EDIT: And posted almost 3 hours late... wow. A false fire alarm had me delayed for longer than I intended. Also, Frustration is working because logically a Pokémon should wait, then vent when they can. Any massive complaints and I can edit. And this is longer because you’re both offline as I write this. Double EDIT: Oh, you're online? I am so blind.

Starmie begins spinning quickly, gaining speed and generating winds. Madonna responds by firing a stream of fire, which circles Starmie in the opposite direction to her rotation. However, due to the fact that Starmie’s Twister winds are stronger than the Fire Spin, not to mention that there isn’t a lot of wind involved in Fire Spin anyway, the fire only merges with the Twister to form a massive flame cyclone. The unexpected fire does damage Starmie, however the attack continues, making its way to Madonna and smacking into her for some large damage, and some extra damage from the added fire. Now, most would say this plan backfired (pun intended). However, it may serve to assist Madonna further, as she is now ablaze with fury. Look at that, another pun! Anyway, she runs towards Starmie, wanting to vent her anger. The starfish is one step ahead, however, and fires a stream of bubbles towards her adversary. The Bubblebeam smacks into Madonna, who makes things worse for herself as she tries to push through initially, before stopping. Some bubbles make it to her tail-flame, but the majority simply pop on contact with her body. When the Bubblebeam ends, Madonna rushes towards Starmie, ready to let out all of her Frustration. The combination of quite un-ladylike attacks leaves Starmie feeling a lot worse off, even more so from her core getting scratched multiple times. Fortunately, this is Slapstick, so there’s no permanent damage.

Summary

Madonna looks pretty beat right now, and she’s into her final quarter by a good way, and into critical levels. Energy use was fairly heavy too, bringing her a little below the midpoint, but to be honest, she’ll get KOd from health if anything. The SD boost is near insignificant now.

Starmie finally seems to be feeling the heat, especially since I forgot that Fury Cutter was used before. She’s pretty near the midpoint now in health terms. Energy use was good again, and she’s well below ľ, but still above Madonna by a good amount. Definitely enough to KO Madonna with.

WF

Last edited by Salamencia; 08-03-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Where'd that space in my bold tag come from?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #18
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Sorry guys, I've gotta sleep. I waited as long as I could. I'll post my orders first thing in the morning.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #19
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Lets deal some pain. We're close, we have the boost from ordering first, I think you can get in a Dynamic Punch to hopefully confuse Starmie. Vent all of your Rage, and finally, (thats right, 3 mover confirmed) Overheat.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Last edited by tbh1313; 08-03-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #20
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Well, that was tremedously unlucky.
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-04-2010, 12:44 AM   #21
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Psychic Wave him away, Hydro Pump at the tail to win this. Twice if necessary.

Possible three mover confirmed.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #22
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 6: If only we could've got this in last night, eh?

Madonna begins by channelling Fighting energy into her fist, and swings it towards Starmie, still quite pleased with the end of last round. The Dynamic Punch is cut short, however, by a Wave of Psychic energy from the Water type. The attack pushes Madonna backwards, and as she gets back up, Starmie prepares energy for her next attack. The Charmeleon tries to get another attack in though, and runs back across the arena, with a hint of Rage in her eyes. This time, the attacker reaches her opponent, as Starmie is a little more tired, and she begins to slash and kick again. The attack finishes, and gives Starmie a chance to try her move again. This time, due to Madonna being just as tired, it seems that Starmie manages to pull off a Hydro Pump. The blast of high-pressure water washes over Madonna’s tail, as she cries in pain. The Charmeleon then falls to the ground, as the high power Water attack was more than enough to score a KO, even ignoring damage multipliers.

Madonna is unable to battle! Handymankg2 and his Starmie win!

Handymankg2 gets 1 KO and 2 TP.
Tbh1313 gets 1 TP.
I get 1.25 SP for reffing within the 48 hour limit.

WF

Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #23
tbh1313
Cascade Badge

Saw that one coming, good match!
TP 0, KO 0, SP 0

Old 08-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #24
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Admirably thought Starmie, return.

You did well to last that long with the type advantage against you, Tbh. Well fought.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL