UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #1
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
UPN PASBL: GAME Rangeet vs Altocharizard55

A man holding firmly a camera strolls casually onto the arena, glancing around himself carefully as he throws two pokeballs up into the air. The shape of a small Abra and a small, muscled Meditite appear, the pair blankly looking over the Sleepy Woods. The man with the camera begins. “Hello and welcome to the feature event of the day, the Gathering at Mondor's Edge proudly presenting a conflict between Rangeet and Altocharizard55. My two co-refs, Prospero and Muse, will be commenting on the statistics of each team. Now, since the battle statistics are slightly pointless in this event, we'll head to the arena.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena
Sleepy woods: This arena is a wooded clearing with a totem to the north end. A few Pidgey and Spearow flit around but the only noticeable things about it are the big boulders on the north edge, hefted down by an Ursaring most likely.
“That's right, the RNG dictated the arena you'd use anyway. Without any further delay, I'd like Pms from both competitors, and we can bring this match quickly on its way. Best of luck to you both, and let's hope we battle and ref to the best of our abilities.

...HUZZAH!”
Handymankg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #2
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Send a message via AIM to Handymankg2 Send a message via MSN to Handymankg2 Send a message via Skype™ to Handymankg2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangeet
Lvl 2 M Lombre
Lombre... is quite amazing. I don't know how, but it has like this WOW! move. I mean, when you look at it, you'll understand.I think it has this move mainly because it was bullied by its group as a Lotad.
Signature Move: Epitome of Cool(Water/Grass)
Lombre focuses both Water and Grass energy onto it's head, and then charges at the opponent, and then... disappears. It then appears from behind the opponent, and rams it's head into it. This attack is undodgable(like Aerial Ace) and uses 1.5x the energy of Aerial Ace. 1.1x power of Aerial Ace. Lombre has forgotten Zen Headbutt, as otherwise too many headbutting attacks would be sooooo uncool. Oh, and the "disappearing" part is because it goes so quickly, mainly a type change of Aerial Ace, but Lombre doesn't learn it naturally, so...

Swords Dance and Orb Water Pulse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocharizard55
Shikaku, Male Sandslash, Level 3
Earth Power, Stone edge.
Welcome to the battle between two completely different trainers! On the one side we have Rangeet, a trainer whom I have battled and reffed for before, and who's a quite cool person. On the other side, we have Altocharizard55, a Pokemon battler I've never reffed for or battled before, but from what I've heard is also quite a cool person. With both returning from promising battles against top ten veterans, this match could still be anyones, even if it does seem a bit one sided. A bit.

Rangeet walks forwards and releases a red and white orb into the air, the orb opening up and forming the shape of a grass and water type known as Lombre, one I've seen Rangeet use many times before (one of which I reffed), and although I personally have a distaste for the mexican creature, it's still fairly awesome. Alto, on the other hand, throws a pokeball of his own up into the air, the orb releasing the shape of a small, spiked shrew, which to be honest is an epic Pokemon, Sandslash. The type advantage may well speak for itself, though, but Alto's no weak cookie. This fight will surely be a epic clash, whether it be for Rangeet easily thrashing the Sandslash, or Alto finding a way to sneak through the Pokemons defences and fight back. Either way, we're ready to continue into our Pokemon Anime style battling!

Lombre starts us off by spinning round rapidly, preparing to increase his attack due to the wonders of swords dance. Shikaku, the Sandlash, isn't so keen on this idea, and promptly shakes up the earth with his power, bringing Lombre off his feet and onto the ground, for resisted damage, but still enough to leave Lombre with only a slight boost to his attacking strength. Following that, Lombre charges up energy into a orb of water, and quickly flings it across the battlefield. Shikaku summons up a rock, and launches it flying through the orb, popping it (even though the orb is close enough to still deal a great hit, but no confusion) and colliding into Lombre and dealing a heavy hit. This round seems to have been slightly one sided, but match-wise there's still everything to play for, especially with Lombre's advantage.

Because I've decided to do away with formatting, I'm getting rid of my co-refs for today.

Muse: Jerk.

Anyways, Lombre's health is already at three quarters from the two hits. A stone edge and earth power (even if the power's resisted) aren't to be taken lightly. Energy took two decent hits.

Shikaku took a great hit, heading to seven eighths. Energy was high, already past seven eighths by a bit.

Right-o, RNG dictates Altocharizard55 to order first. Sorry.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Rock Tomb. Should it escape, Dig underground to avoid shit.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:51 AM   #4
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
Rock Smash out that silly tomb. Tackle to force the dig.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:00 AM   #5
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Shikaku starts off the round by summoning rocks out from below the sleep forest. The rocks fly forwards and surround Lombre, who glances at them with little emotion. Smashing through them with his rock smashing abilities leaves him out in the open, with slightly less fighting energy. Shikaku frowns. Rushing forwards, Lombre heads into a tackle attack, preparing to knock the ground type down. Shikaku doesn't want to allow this, and digs quickly into the undergrowth, heading underground and staying there for now. After a while, he assumes no more attacks are coming his way, and comes up to the surface, and hits Lombre for a decent hit. And with no more attacks for the round,we head over to the stats.

Lombre's health is now a decent way past three quarters. Energy was good, closer to seven eighths now.

Shikaku took no damage, and is heading towards three quarters energy wise, not there for a great bit yet.

Orders from Rangeet, and I did warn you I'd have to leave soon, so yeah. .-.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #6
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Hydro Pump.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #7
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Yeah, about that. Agility dodge, X Scissor.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:18 AM   #8
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Lombre starts off the round by charging up high amounts of water energy, and blasting it forwards as quickly as he can muster. Unfortunately, that's not fast enough to avoid the agility (along with Kush's boost helping out) dodge, although Shikaku does take a nasty hit along his side. Then, using his claws, he coats them with bug energy and slashes wildly across the chest of Lombre, dealing significant damage and ending the current round with no attacks remaining. How short. I like reffing like this, it's so much easier if more boring.

Lombre's health is now past five eighths. Energy was high, heading closer to three quarters.

Shikaku took a scraping of hydro pump, heading past seven eighths and towards three quarters, relatively close now, but not there for another great hit. Energy at three quarters.

Orders from Alto.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #9
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Use the close range to give him a Poison Jab, then Rollout around to dodge as needed.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:24 AM   #10
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Take the Jab. Bubblebeam him, don't let him get momentum. Epitome of Cool. Hydro Pump.

threeeee and lucky I went on MSN when I did >>;

Last edited by Rangeet; 07-27-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #11
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Shikaku starts off the round by coating his right claw in poison energy, before stabbing forwards into Lombre, dealing a high hit and sending the grass and water type back slightly, though luckily no poisoning enters his system. Following that, the Sandslash curls up in a ball, and suddenly starts to roll forwards, slow at start but gradually building up pace as he goes along. Lombre smirks, and sprays out a stream of bubbles, not allowing the ground type to build up any more momentum, dealing a large hit to his opponent and ceasing the rollout. Following that, Lombre charges straight forwards at his opponent (who is uncurling carefully), and disappears, re-appeairng behind his opponent and slamming into him, dealing a considerable hit. Finally, Lombre charges up water energy, and blasts it forwards. Sandslash tries to dodge, and even with the boost to intelligence, the RNG doesn't allow it, and Sandslash is launched flying backwards through the air. Not out for the count yet, though, it seems.

Lombre's health is now around halfway, a good bit above. Energy was massive, at half.

Shikaku took a hydro pump, bubblebeam and Epitome, which puts her at a quarter, by no means finished yet. Energy below three quarters by a good bit.

Orders from Rangeet.

Last edited by Handymankg2; 07-28-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Bubblebeam, dodge shit.

Last edited by Rangeet; 07-27-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #13
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Handy, fix health. That isn't critical.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Hydro Pump = 2x Hyper Beamish
Partial Hydro Pump = 0.75x Hyper Beamish
Bubblebeam, Epitome of Cool and Water Pulse = Around 0.75ish.

That's how I reffed it. Not sure if that's right or not, I seriously have to spend time creating a clearer system for myself, but I think that seems right. .-.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

2x Hydro Pump is a lot less than 2 hyper beams.\

Also, that partial hydro pump is a lot less than .75 hyper beams.

Aerial Ace isn't that strong an attack, and neither is bubblebeam. I should only be somewhat under half, if anything.

It was a weakened Water pulse, at that.

I was heading towards 3/4ths at the end of last round, not quite there, and probably would have been brought somewhat under 3/4ths by BB and Epitome (Aerial Ace is a very light hit)
. Hydro pump is not as strong as hyper beam. No way I'm at critical.
This is why I don't do everything mathematically when reffing.

ALSO. Lombre was a good ways past 3 quarters, then took 2x X scissor and 2x Poison jab. And it still isn't at half. Yeah, no.

Last edited by Altocharizard55; 07-27-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #16
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

2.2x an Aerial Ace is admittedly, not too much.

Bubblebeam is said to do very good damage at a constant rate. Times that by two and it's fairly strong.

Admitting wrongness son the water pulse.

As far as I'm aware, a Hydro Pump is a hyper beam level attack. As 'the strongest water type attack', and from other reffings I think I've read in the past, its been reffed at hyper beam, if not very close to that level of damage. Times that by two and add a partial hit, and I still think you're at least close to a quarter damage, though critical was perhaps an overstatement.

Again, my mistake with Rangeet's health, but there's no doubt he holds a considerable lead in that department.

I don't use a mathmatical system, and this is further evidence as to why I do need one, and should stop taking rapid fire matches. Will fix in the morning things I need to fix.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #17
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Either way, last resort Sandslash. It's tired, the bubblebeam will come slow. Interrupt his attack by throwing him to the ground with a Seismic Toss. Hold him to the ground and give him a nice Poison Jab, followed by a Full charge focus punch with your free hand. Do not release your hold on Lombre.

Fuck yeah, three mover.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #18
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

I can tell I'm going to be destroyed for making this reffing one way or the other, but we shall see. Hi, I'm Handy, and I put my backing behind this reffing, regardless of what you may or may not think about it.

Sandslash immediately starts running forwards as the round begins. Lombre, having just used his three mover and being quite tired, is delayed in launching bubblebeam, and whilst some do smack into Sandslash for some good super effective damage, it doesn't finish him, and allows him to use his strength to seismic toss his opponent into the ground, dealing a hard hit and ceasing the bubblebeam where it stands. Following that, Sandslash stabs into his opponent with a poisonous jab, dealing a high hit. Finally, as Lombre squirms and tries to escape, Sandslash coats his free claw in fighting energy, and smacks the fully charged Focus Punch into the lying down Lombre, smacking away a quarter of his health but not finishing it. And with that, stats.

Lombre is now deep into critical. Energy use was good.

Sandslash is now on the top border of critical. Energy was very high from the three mover.

Right-o, orders from Alto, and arguments come forth. .-.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #19
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

You're holding him down. Finish him up with a Hidden Power before he can react, take initiative! Should Hidden Power fail to hit, use a second one.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #20
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Your mouth is free. WATER GUN TWICE immediately.

Last edited by Rangeet; 07-30-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #21
Handymankg2
It's the yearly visit!

Hello guy. I'm here to ref what most likely will be the last round of this battle. Who's favour shall it go in? We shall see. Either way, I apologise for any scandal put through thus far, as always seems to occur in these GAME battles. I guess it's the competitiveness showing through. Anyways, over to the match at hand.

Sandslash, with priority, would usually be the one to release his attack first. Unfortunately, due to having used his three mover last turn, he's slightly tired, meaning Lombre releases his attack at precisely the same time. The eye lasers go over the top of the mouth blast, and both Pokemon are hit. Lombre's eyes swirl up, clearly having been koed. Sandslash smirks, and looks to have won...and then falls down onto the grass and water type, swirling eyes show that he's also been KOed from the damage. This means...We have a draw!.

Well done to the both of you, I'll be seeing you around. Best of luck in the rest of the tournament.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

A 7 RNG roll, man Alto you got lucky.GG.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL