UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #76
Sasuke
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lancaster
Posts: 18
Send a message via MSN to Sasuke
Re: Excelsior

I'm only able to reply using my Wii at the moment, hence why I can't quote. But how very thoughtful of you. Thx lots ^^
Sasuke is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #77
Sylar
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Posts: 435
Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Neptune Cove

Sylar: Munchie crouches, hunching into a tight little ball while Bidoof continues its attack. Withstanding the brunt of Bidoof's tackle with his defense curl, Munchie then begins rocking to and fro slowly before using Metronome and spewing forth a stream of water from his mouth. Looking slightly uncomfortable after using a surprise Water Gun, Munchie can only watch while Bidoof stands still, shaking itself for all its worth to try and rid itself of the water it has been doused with. Angry, it growls at Munchie before barging forward and attacking Munchie with another tackle...
"Good job so far Munchlax! Now, it's time to go on the full-offensive," said Joe, as he thought about what he could order Munchie to do. Soon enough, he finally had an idea. "Munchie, since that things coming at us for another tackle, I want you to retaliate by smashing head on with a Tackle of your own. Hopefully it'll disorientate the Bidoof. Or you. I don't know, I'm not a doctor. But we'll have to try, dangit. After the first Tackle, follow up with another Metronome, hopefully we'll manage to get another offensive move. If not, oh well," explained Joe, which managed to draw a series of confused looks from his Pokemon.

"Yes, I'm weird. But that has nothing to do with the battle, so come on, charge forwards and let loose with a Tackle, Munchie!" Deciding now wasn't the time to question his trainer's strange logic, Munchlax turned around to face the Bidoof, and with a deep breath, prepared to meet it head on.
__________________
Sylar is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #78
Eon
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 66
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake

Eon: Arriving at Sapphire Lake, you stare over the vast inland waterhole wondering exactly what the conditions are that will allow the mysterious Mirage Island to appear. Thoughts of the rare Pokémon the island is said to hold drift through your mind, but you're soon distracted with the sight of a small blue penguin type Pokémon that is crying out rather loudly as it attempts to free itself from something in the water. Whatever it's caught on, Piplup appears to be in some trouble...
Eon arrived in Sapphire Lake, and was unsurprised to find that Mirage Island wasn't there. He had suspected that he would have to do something to get the mysterious place to grant him entry. If anything, it only excited him more; a place so hard to get to would certainly have amazing sights and Pokemon.

As Eon continued his musings about Mirage Island, Wildfire barked and pulled on the edge of his pants. Looking around, Eon quickly saw what his Growltihe was trying to tell him: a small blue penguin was struggling in the water, apparently caught on something. Though Eon's knowledge of the new Pokemon on Excelsior was limited, he recognized this one, a Piplup. Almost instinctively, Eon decided to help the poor Pokemon. Unfortunately, Growlithe wouldn't be able to help it in the water. Returning Wildfire to her Pokeball, Eon quickly released Dawn, his Espeon.

"Dawn, we need to help Piplup. Try a Helping Hand to see if you can loosen whatever is holding it. If not, use a Confusion and try and lift Piplup out of the water. Good luck." Dawn nodded, already racing towards the lake to save Piplup from being claimed by the sparkling sapphire water...
__________________
Active Team:
Prudence Lv. 7 Dawn Lv. 26 Sneasel Lv. 100 Wildfire Lv. 44 Mirage Lv. 16 Torrent Lv. 5

PC Pokemon:
Angel Lv. 50 Luna Lv. 100 Stratus Lv. 29 Oz Lv. 5 Cascade Lv. 5 Senna Lv. 100 Melody Lv. 5 Levin Lv. 5
Eon is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #79
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for red
Posts: 4,549
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Lilblue: As you watch the little Buneary pop it’s head out at you, it gives you a little poke out of the tounge, looking down at it, anger in your eyes as you order Zigzagoon to attack, looking up at you it barks before letting of a BIG Growl towards the Bunear, the little bunny wincing in pain as it’s big ears don’t really help out with the noise, as it shakes off it’s pain it looks up as Zigzagoon comes rushing forward, taking palce where it is it rears it’s hands up and as zigzagoon leaps into the air the Bunaery lets out a Jump Kick that Connects heavily to Zigzagoons belly making him twirl back towards you in the air taking a bit of damage on the way down, what shall you do?
As if egging them on, the Buneary made a face and rudely stuck out its tongue, completely ignoring the girl's admonishments. Peeved, Jess turned to Kief and nodded for him to attack. He barked in agreement and roared forcefully at his opponent, who winced and covered its large and sensitive ears. When the noise died down, it removed its paws from the sides of its head and opened its eyes to see Kief charging it down. The Zigzagoon leapt up into the air, prepared to give the rabbit a good show of his strength by slamming it into the ground. Reacting quickly, the Buneary jumped high as well and met Kief half-way. Turning its small body, the creature unleashed a powerful kick towards Kief's stomach, making full contact and sending Kief flying back towards his trainer. Due to the great force of the blow he received, Kief skid through the grass and dirt upon landing, taking some damage. Jess quickly got up and went over to check and see if he was all right. That looked like a rather nasty fall; she hadn't expected such a tiny creature to be so powerful. No wonder Kief had been so keen to run away from it earlier.

The Buneary did a flip and landed lightly on its toes, warily watching its opponent with a smug expression on its face. Kief grimaced as he got up and glared at Buneary, looking a bit roughed up but still willing to fight. Jess smiled inwardly, pleased with his determination. This battle clearly wasn't over yet.

"Okay, Kief. Looks like we're up against a pretty strong opponent. No matter, we can beat it if we use strategy, and you've plenty of tricks, right?" Kief barked affirmatively and wagged his tail. Jess smiled.

"All right, what I want you to do now is use SAND-ATTACK to ward it off, then immediately jump in and give it a good TICKLE to lower its defenses. Once its guard is down, use STRENGTH to throw it!"
__________________




Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #80
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Re: Excelsior

Neptune Cove

Sylar: Munchie is ready for Bidoof's next Tackle and when he sees the little beaver like Pokémon coming for him, responds by meeting in head on with a tackle of his own. The two Pokémon butt heads with a loud crack, both falling to the ground and grasping at their skulls. That had to hurt! Munchie then begins rocking slightly, and though your first impression is that he's rocking because he's in pain, it's soon obvious that he's preparing to use his Metronome. A moment later Munchie's hand glows white and he uses a karate style move on Bidoof, swinging his hand down in a "chopping" motion and landing a Cross Chop right upon Bidoof's back. The attack deals heavy damage to Bidoof, but Munchie's hand is now aching like the devil as he's not used to using a move as powerful as this...


Aspen Forest

Dark Duskull: Deciding to allow one of your youngest Pokémon to battle, you release Meowth, watching intently while she enters her first battle. She obediently follows your instructions, growling at the little snow topped tree thing before her who finds it rather amusing that you would use a kitten to attack it. Snover responds by using Razor Leaf, the sharp edges of the little leaves whizzing past Tyrande causing some small cuts and grazes, but no serious damage. Immediately retaliating, Tyrande moves in to scratch Snover who then Leers her down leaving her temporarily immobile and unable to dodge its following Powder Snow. Tyrande has a couple of small cuts and is feeling a little chilly, but she's doing rather well considering she's not had much in the way of battle experience...


Mt. Sierra

John's Knight: Entering the volcanic area of the Mt. Sierra, you scan the rocky area with interest. The trees around here appear to have seen better days, and if their bark is anything to go by they've definitely taken the brunt of the damage from a recent eruption. The foliage is sparse, though is growing back quite well, and wildlife is everywhere which is always a good sign particularly in volcanic areas. A few minutes later, a Croagunk who had been standing by a boulder watching you walk past steps out, walks up to Cranidos and punches it in the head. How rude...

Dark Fire: Leaving the rainforest behind, you instead decide to head for the volcanic mountain range. Entering Mt. Sierra, you're immediately struck with the difference in scenery but don't have a great deal of time to contemplate the matter when a strange little orange monkey catches your attention. The little Chimchar is sitting on a rock looking rather upset while tears are welling in its eyes...


Rainforest

Wayne: Deciding to trick the mysterious moving bush, you continue to walk along, giving Sasan instructions to attack it upon your signal. Sure enough, when you start walking again the little bush follows, so after a couple of minutes you signal to Sasan to attack which she does with surprising agility. Unleashing her Magical Leaf upon the walking tree, you're both surprised to hear it squeal with surprise. Sasan's eyes open wide while the little bush ruffles its leaves, apparently taken aback by the attack. It is only then that you notice it has a couple of little eyes which are staring at you both with disbelief. Burmy had only wanted to be your friend...

S_M: Deciding now will be a good time to initiate a battle, Absol listens to your instructions before acting upon them. While Chatot stares at you, Absol releases a Flash, blinding the colourful bird who, as a result of being so suddenly surprised by the attack, momentarily loses its balance causing it to fall from the branch it's perched upon. Landing rather painfully on a lower branch, Chatot squawks shrilly, attracting the attention of other Pokémon in the rainforest who come to investigate the noise. Before Chatot even has a chance to react, it's hit by Absol's Shock Wave resulting in the bird taking a fair amount of damage before it can retaliate. The main shock doesn't come from Absol's next Shock Wave though, which leaves Chatot in an extremely weakened state, but from another flying Pokémon coming to Chatot's rescue. A Starly swoops down from an overhead branch, madly flapping its wings in Absols face, using its claws to distract him long enough for it to swoop around and come in for a tackle, knocking Absol backward and away from the injured Chatot.


Sapphire Lake

Jonouchi: Remember that uproar can last from 2-5 turns which can negate the use of moves ordered after it.
Unwilling to allow Shellos to escape, Kaio fires off an Ice Beam which misses the little pink slug and instead freezes a portion of the lake just behind it. While an icy sheet appears on the surface of the water, Shellos continues fleeing leaving you to deal with the enraged Starly who is desperately trying to save its friend. Kaio then rears up so high that you nearly fall off him, yelling and screeching loudly in an attempts to scare Starly off, but it isn't working. The little bird then swoops out wide before coming in to tackle Kaio, its attack hitting him in the head before the angry bird continues flapping its wings in Kaio's face who is still roaring loudly while trying to scare the little nuisance away...


Sandaa: Upon witnessing you reprimand Buizel, Hippopotas has decided you're safe to be around and quickly ducks behind your legs so as to put something between you and the bully otter. Buizel is still frowning, not at all impressed with your words, and deliberately moves in closer to the edge of the lake, yet not close enough for Scurvy to attack. It appears if you're going to want to battle this troublemaker, it's going to ensure you go to it and not the other way around...

ZoraJolteon: With the sound of sizzling water in your ears while Cherubi's fire goes out in the lake, you're more interested in attacking rather than helping the distressed grass type. Not giving it a chance to recover from its burns, Pineco immediately sends a barrage of Pin Missiles its way, adding insult to injury. The little Cherubi may not have an extensive movepool but it sure is a little fighter, and though burned, barges toward Pineco with the intent to Tackle only to be met with Pineco's Counter attack. Cherubi bounces off, landing on its rear before being tackled by Pineco. In an extremely weakened state now, Cherubi doesn't appear to have the energy required to continue battling, and lays on the ground, huffing and puffing rather heavily...

Eon: Though Dawn's Helping Hand isn't of much help in this situation, her Confusion is. Concentrating hard, she focuses her psychic abilities upon lifting the little penguin out of the water and gently floating it over to the land. Now on dry ground, Piplup is still quite distressed and still unable to use its little legs. Walking over to take a closer look at it you can see that something is wrapped tightly around them making it impossible for Piplup to use its legs at all. Upon seeing you approach, Piplup releases a high pitched squawky cry, obviously afraid you're going to hurt it...

Dragon 11: Slight misunderstanding there. I meant that Flygon took a dive for the water because it has an extremely freaked out kitty scratching the crap out of him, not that Glameow fell off. Doesn't matter though... *goes with your version of events*
Though you're not particularly happy about the fact the terrified Glameow could have killed all three of you, you're not quite willing to let it die by falling into the lake. With water being far from a cats comfort zone, the only kind thing to do will be to help stop it from landing in the lake. Soaring down after it, Flygon passes it on its downward descent before coming in underneath it, successfully managing to stop Glameow's inevitable splash only a split second before it hits the lake. Flygons belly skims the surface of the water and as soon as he feels the little cat land on his back, streaks straight over to the shore of the lake before Glameow has a chance to begin scratching him again. Once on solid ground, Glameow leaps off Flygon's back before taking off into the bushes surrounding the lakeside. Staring at the bushes, stunned the cat would just run off like that after you've saved its life, you're not quite sure what to do next when you hear something from behind and turn around to see a little orange otter like creature that looks like it has a float around its neck, bobbing in the water and clapping after having witnessed your heroic rescue...


Waterlight: After having made no moves to attack it, the little Finneon seems to feel safe moving in closer to you, curious as to why a human is willing to come so close to the water without doing anything to harm it. There is less than a metre separating the two of you now, so if you'd like to befriend it you'll have to think quick...


Bethla Meadows

Lee-san: Deciding to capture the new Pokémon even though you're not particularly interested in it, you instruct Guts to attack. While Guts Bulks himself Up in an attempt to increase his physical attack, Kricketot knuckles down with Bide, prepared to take anything thrown at it. The first punch thrown is that of a fiery fist as Gut's Fire Punch rams into Kricketot to deal quite a large amount of damage. Kricketot continues to Bide its time though, while Guts slams into the ground, causing the ground to tremble akin to an earthquake. Kricketot is thrown around a little, but stays as still as possible while Biding its energy. After the ground stops shaking, the little Kricket, bruised and beaten, looks up at Geodude with a menacing glint in its eye before unleashing its energy in one powerful blow which hits Guts and sends him flying backward through the air and into the trunk of a nearby tree, KOing him. Oops...
__________________
.
enchantress is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #81
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress
 
Arc_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Comatose, lost to sweet oblivion
Posts: 4,254
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Arc: As you watch Drowzee bobbing towards the 3 nodding Hippos you act carefully, picking up a pokeball from your side as Drowzee starts performing a little magic show for The Hippopotas, not looking o be taking any notice of Drowzee the 3 heads bobbing side to side while he performs, when suddenly the sand beneath their feet start to swish and swirl pretty violently and 2 of the hippos suddenly fade when a Sandstorm appears out of nowhere, Drowzee taken a back by the quick flurry of sand looks all around trying to find you or the Hippos when all of a sudden you hear a little rumble from beneath you and one lone Hippo smashes out of the sand and tackles Drowzee to the ground, what will you do?
Stacey had just about caught up to Zabini when he began his magick tricks for his 'willing' audience. He pulled on his black and white top hat and pulled out his black and white magic wand. he waves it around and using his psychic abilities made a few sparks appear. The Hippo's seemed to ignore him though and continued to bob their heads. Suddenly the sand beneath their feet seemed to come alive as if caught by a great gust of wind before quickly turning into a vicious sandstorm. Stacey called out to Zabini who coughed and spluttered looking around in alarm.

Blocked now by a funnel of sand Stacey could only hear her Drowsee's startled cries. From Zabini's point of view he could feel the ground shake before the 1 lone Hippo leapt out from underground Tackling him hard throwing him onto a nearby sand bank. Stacey heard his cry of pain and hestiantly moved into the sandstorm to get closer to her pokemon, feeling around for him. She could just make out his figure facing the Hippopotas looking very annoyed that it had ruined a perfectly good magick trick.

Coughing, she managed to speak to her Drowsee. "Oh we'll not take that now, sandstorm or no sandstorm. Lets show it what you're made of. I know it's your first battle but don't worry, despite the conditions you'll do great I'm sure." Zabini looked determined to get some amount of revenge and squinted at his opponant.

"Zab just try your best. Give it a good Pound on the head before gaining some Assistance with the next attack and finish off with your speciality, your Hypnosis."


OOC: My active team is Sableye, Banette, Drowsee, Ninjask, Anima, Kabuto if you need to know that for the assist attack, their attacks are in my reg post.
__________________

*100*100*100*100*065*061*100*073*077*067*065*062*059*056*

*100*069**100*100*100*063*070*100*100*100*060*100*056**040*

*055**055**054**054**049**047**051**052**048**050**052**050*

*055**050**055**051**062**050**048**050**051**051**046**057*

*027**020**013**013**015**012**017**007**007**008**008**006*
Arc_Angel is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 PM   #82
S_M
Volcano Badge
 
S_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 2,192
Send a message via AIM to S_M
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Rainforest

S_M: Deciding now will be a good time to initiate a battle, Absol listens to your instructions before acting upon them. While Chatot stares at you, Absol releases a Flash, blinding the colourful bird who, as a result of being so suddenly surprised by the attack, momentarily loses its balance causing it to fall from the branch it's perched upon. Landing rather painfully on a lower branch, Chatot squawks shrilly, attracting the attention of other Pokémon in the rainforest who come to investigate the noise. Before Chatot even has a chance to react, it's hit by Absol's Shock Wave resulting in the bird taking a fair amount of damage before it can retaliate. The main shock doesn't come from Absol's next Shock Wave though, which leaves Chatot in an extremely weakened state, but from another flying Pokémon coming to Chatot's rescue. A Starly swoops down from an overhead branch, madly flapping its wings in Absols face, using its claws to distract him long enough for it to swoop around and come in for a tackle, knocking Absol backward and away from the injured Chatot.
"What to do, what to do..."

Stephen considers the situation at hand. In his rush to attempt to capture the colorful bird Pokemon, he had completely disregarded the idea that there were other creatures in the forest at the time, the idea that they would come to the Chatot's aide didn't even cross his mind. Biting his lip, Stephen realizes that he had a situation on his hands.

Deep down, Stephen knew that the Starly would be a much better fit for his team than the Chatot, but merely capturing the Starly and leaving the Chatot lay there, injured, in the rainforest seemed unthinkable. Pondering his options, a hazy plan began to form in his mind.

"Absol, here's the plan for right now! Focus all of your attempts on Starly right now; Leer it in place, then use Razor Wind, followed by a Shock Wave! However, if the Chatot attempts to attack you, focus the Shock Wave on it rather than Starly!"

Absol nods in comprehension, and Stephen calls out the rest of the plan. "After all the smoke clears, and if the Chatot doesn't attack again, I'll heal it with a Potion. But if it does...we'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it."

Stephen steps back and looks warily into the trees, wondering if more bird Pokemon would join the brawl. In an undertone, Stephen says to himself, "I'd like to see you try," a plan forming in his mind.
__________________
TL6 - Former B+ Ref
Former Dragon and Prehistoric Gym Leaders
57 - 18 - 6
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #83
Dark Duskull
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santiago
Posts: 37
Send a message via MSN to Dark Duskull
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Aspen Forest

Dark Duskull: Deciding to allow one of your youngest Pokémon to battle, you release Meowth, watching intently while she enters her first battle. She obediently follows your instructions, growling at the little snow topped tree thing before her who finds it rather amusing that you would use a kitten to attack it. Snover responds by using Razor Leaf, the sharp edges of the little leaves whizzing past Tyrande causing some small cuts and grazes, but no serious damage. Immediately retaliating, Tyrande moves in to scratch Snover who then Leers her down leaving her temporarily immobile and unable to dodge its following Powder Snow. Tyrande has a couple of small cuts and is feeling a little chilly, but she's doing rather well considering she's not had much in the way of battle experience...

"Tyrande!!!" cried Felix after seeing that beat up she had just recieved from the little Snover. That was too much, the little cat hadn't been very damaged, but Felix understood that this battle was too much for a baby pokemon. The trainer was about to run towards Tyrande to pick her up when a light blue body put in front of him: it was Liebe who didn't want Felix to be that weak letting him now that Tyrande could won that battle if she wanted and put effort on it. The young trainer understood what Liebe was doing and cleaned the tears from his face. "You're right, mama, she can do that if she really wants it", said Felix to the big Nidoqueen who just walked and stood by his trainer once again.

Tyrande, who had already stood on her feet once again, looked back at her trainer, licking the cuts the Razor leaves had done to her body like saying "I'm okay, Felix, don't worry about me". This time the trainer needed to be very careful and cunnning as he has always been. The tree pokemon seemed to be very confortable in this weather and environment, but that didn't have to affect Tyrande's next attacks. "Okay, Tyrande, I need you to use Flash, blind Snover before he could do anything, that way you're going to prevent him to hit you, if he gets blinded run towards hi and Scratch him twice, this time in the face. If he doesn't get blinded Scratch him, but be careful to dodge any attacks he launch at you". Saying this, the trainer put all his hopes in Tyrande who seemed to be okay now. The cuts were not bleeding anymore and Liebe cheered more enthusiasted now.

"I know you can do this, kitty"
__________________
[center:137fa]FB Team
(M) Lv.100 (F) Lv.26 (M) Lv.25 (M) Lv.50
(M) Lv.50 (F) Lv.15 (M) Lv.20 (M) Lv.05
(F) Lv.08 (M) Lv.05 (F) Lv.08 (M) Lv.06
(M) Lv.09
[/center:137fa]
Dark Duskull is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #84
enchantress
Queen of the Night
 
enchantress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the shadows of your mind...
Posts: 7,319
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold
Tessie: As you look on weirdly at the little acorn thrower you glint a little smile as you think about the little similar Pokemon you remembered once before, as you and Inchy take your leave to visit the nearby lake you see Inchy sneak one more acorn into his jaws before turning around and joining you on walk when all of a sudden you hear the chipping of the Pachirsu behind you, turning around you see the little squirrel running towards you, it’s fangs bearing as it coems charging towards Inchy, I don’t think it liked it’s gaverings being munched on as you look down and notice Inchy snapping up one more of the acorns that the Pachirisu took, when all of a sudden Inchy goes tumbling backwards as the Pachirisu knocks him back with a quick attack, what shall you do?
Hearing the commotion behind her, Tess turns around just in time to see Inchy stealing Pachirisu's acorns and gulping them down. The little squirrel is far from pleased in regards to having its lunch stolen right out from under it and is attacking Inchy in a rather aggressive manner. Sighing, Tess shakes her head, completely at a loss as to what to do with her shiny little companion.

"You asked for it, you know that right?" she asks, giving him a stern look along with her rhetorical question. "It's not nice to steal another's belongings, even if it means filling your stomach Inchy. I thought I'd taught you better than that..."

In his typically superior manner, Inchy simply puffs his little chest out, demonstrating the fact he believes he's entitled to anything he wants. It's not like the acorns actually belong to Pachirisu after all. They'd fallen out of the tree and were fair game.

Frowning, Tess folds her arms, stubbornly refusing to move another inch until this matter is resolved. "You're on your own mate," she says sternly. "Stealing Pachirisu's food wasn't very nice so if it wants a fight you're going to give it one."

Looking toward Pachirisu Tess smiles apologetically. "I'm sorry Pachirisu," she says, genuinely feeling for the little squirrel. "I understand how you feel so if you want to teach Inchy a lesson you're more than welcome to."

Turning her emerald green eyes back to Inchy, Tess glares sternly at him. "You'd better put your training to the test," she says, not particularly wanting to instruct him in this battle since he'd brought it on himself, but at the same time not wanting to see him get hurt. "Use Quick Attack to strike first, Double Team to increase your evasiveness, and Bite if Pachirisu gets too close."

Standing back to watch the battle unfold, Tess can't help but worry about both Pokémon as she doesn't particularly want to see either one of them hurt...
__________________
.
enchantress is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:40 PM   #85
Loki
Savage
 
Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,027
Re: Excelsior

Sitting on the back of his fierce Gyarados, Loki is ferried over the treacherous sea and finds himself gazing at Excelsior! As he gets closer and closer, he feels a cold chill run up his spine. He knows there's something wrong with the place. Or something exciting ahead. Either way, he wasn't going to back away from it.

With his arrival at Neptune Cove's port, Loki begins to look around the new island. He hops onto the shore and returns Gyarados back to her Pokeball. He then throws another Pokeball into the air. In a flash of crimson, a Salamence appears before him. She bellows a mighty roar showing her dominance. Loki walks up and pets her on the head and says, "There's no need to intimidate the wind and the water."

He hops onto her back and gives a slight kick. "Let's head for Sapphire Lake!" She nods and they Fly off into the sky towards their destination.
__________________
Loki is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #86
Radical Edward
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
[color=orangered]Phantom Desert

Radical Edward: Arriving in Excelsior's Phantom Desert, the heat immediately hits you, feeling like a wave of invisible flames washing over your body, but it doesn't take long to adjust to the heat though it is rather uncomfortable. Several minutes later, after passing many Cacnea and Cacturne, you notice a little blue frog like thing approaching you. Croagunk walks up to you, pokes you in the leg, then puts its fists up indicating it wants a battle...

"But its a dry heat!" exclaims Ed, unable to resist after a lifetime of living in or near the desert.

However, even for one used to the heat, it is a bit uncomfortable. as such, the young trainer strips off his track jacket and tosses it behind him. the jacket floats down onto Gog's bulbous head, than dissapears suddenly, the floating idol having removed it and teleported it...somewhere.

"I hope that made it into my bag,' mumbles Ed, well aware that Gog can hear him quite clearely. "last time, it was a year before I found my pants. and even then, they were in a completely...Ouch!"

Feeling a sharp pain in his lower leg, Ed breaks of his story and looks down, only to find a small, purple frog looking back at him, fists raised, obviously looking for a fight.

For the first time since arriving on the isle, Ed cracks a wide grin. "finally! something new! Gog! Imma need you to fire off a nice Confusion to disorient the little toad, than Teleport behind it and call down a Thunder. It should be nice and weirded out due to not knowing where you are and being hit by that confusion, so it should be an easy target! gogogo!"

with a banshee wail, Gog lurches foreward, eager for its first tast of violence in a long while.
 
Old 08-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #87
Pearl's Perap
Rainbow Badge
 
Pearl's Perap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 943
Send a message via Skype™ to Pearl's Perap
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Bethla Meadows

Pearls Perap: Entering a large field more commonly referred to by the inhabitants of Excelsior as Bethla Meadows, you're amazed by the sight of it. The grass appears to sparkle, giving the overall appearance of the area a very beautiful and mystical quality. Looking around, you can see other trainers in the area, along with some people who appear to be locals, but what has your interest at this moment in time is a cheerful looking Buneary who is hopping along singing happily to itself...

"Woah, I wonder what that is..." Zak exclaimed in awe to the TinySwallow pokémon, sliding a metallic red object from his back pocket, opening it with a click and listening to what the pokédex had to say about the Buneary, which seemed to be a type of rabbit pokémon.

'Buneary, the Rabbit pokémon, Buneary slams foes by sharply uncoiling its rolled ears. It stings enough to make a grown-up cry in pain.' the object spoke in a rather robotic fashion.

"Well, looks like a normal type to me, I already have two, but this is something else, a pokémon not usually native to this world, I had better pull my socks up.." Zak chuckled to Taillow, who nodded slightly before leaping into the air, ready for a battle.

"Buneary, wanna battle?" Zak smirked, Taillow flapping beside him, glaring down at the rabbit, who's cuteness was obviously just a cover up, those ears looked as brutal as the pokédex entry explained.
__________________
Pearl's Perap is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #88
Eon
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 66
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake

Eon: Though Dawn's Helping Hand isn't of much help in this situation, her Confusion is. Concentrating hard, she focuses her psychic abilities upon lifting the little penguin out of the water and gently floating it over to the land. Now on dry ground, Piplup is still quite distressed and still unable to use its little legs. Walking over to take a closer look at it you can see that something is wrapped tightly around them making it impossible for Piplup to use its legs at all. Upon seeing you approach, Piplup releases a high pitched squawky cry, obviously afraid you're going to hurt it...
Eon watched as Dawn attempted to help Piplup. Although his first suggestion was uneffective, the second wasn't. Using her Confusion attack, Dawn was able to telekinetically lift Piplup out of the water and float him through the air onto the ground. Moving closer to Piplup, Eon could see that something was wrapped around its legs, binding them. Eon reached out a hand to try and begin untangling Piplup, but it began to wail so loudly at his approach that he quickly moved back. Deciding that that method would not work, Eon moved back several feet to where Dawn was resting. "Hey, Dawn," he muttered to her, careful to keep his voice low so he did not distress Piplup further. "I know that that wore you out, but I need you again. Piplup's freaked out and thinks I'm going to hurt it. I need you to use your telepathic abilities. Tell it that I'm just going to try to help it, or if it doesn't understand you or whatever, try to calm it. I'm going to go try to untangle whatever is around Piplup's legs. Normally I'd have you use your Confusion to do it, but I'm worried that this might be too complex for your telekinesis to do without risking hurting Piplup." Dawn nodded, its eyes already glowing. Eon stood, with the purple cat Pokemon by his side, and began walking towards Piplup, hoping Dawn would be able to calm it long enough for Eon to free it.
__________________
Active Team:
Prudence Lv. 7 Dawn Lv. 26 Sneasel Lv. 100 Wildfire Lv. 44 Mirage Lv. 16 Torrent Lv. 5

PC Pokemon:
Angel Lv. 50 Luna Lv. 100 Stratus Lv. 29 Oz Lv. 5 Cascade Lv. 5 Senna Lv. 100 Melody Lv. 5 Levin Lv. 5
Eon is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:13 PM   #89
Joshua
Rainbow Badge
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 972
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Bethla Meadows

Joshua: The glittering field spanning out before you appears to have some kind of mystical quality to it, and while you walk further into the vast acreage you can't help but feel happy. You're in a new land which is reported to have new Pokémon and while nobody really knows how or why Excelsior has remained hidden for so long, you're just happy you've found it. After a few moments of walking, Michael suddenly stops stock still, staring at something to the right. Curious, you look to see what he's staring at only to notice a little blue Pokémon you recognize from pictures as being a Shinx, limping into some nearby bushes. A vicious looking Combee is following the mournful looking Shinx who appears to be in a great deal of pain...
Joshua smiled, enjoying the sheer pleasure of exploring a new and hidden world. Michael, however, seems slightly less impressed, freezing at the sight of a cute blue feline Pokemon being attacked by a vicious looking bee. Joshua recognizes the Combee and Shinx from pictures he'd seen in a book on the way here, and instantly feels sorry for the poor Shinx.

"Michael, let's help the Shinx! Lunge at the Combee with Quick Attack, then fry it with Thunderbolt! Wrap up this round by hurling it into a nearby tree with a Psychic attack!" As Michael readies himself to move it, Joshua snatches a Potion from his backpack, ready to rush in and aid the injured Shinx.
__________________
PASBL Stats:
Level 5 Trainer, 30 Pokemon
34-22-12, 100 KOs, 253.5TP, 1.25 SP
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Joshua is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #90
Wayne
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: There
Posts: 108
Send a message via AIM to Wayne Send a message via MSN to Wayne
Re: Excelsior

Sapphire Lake
quilava plush: As Mara thought what to do for this round, the Buizel already had an idea of what to do as it sent Mara streams of stars. Quickly reacting to the Buizel’s Swift attack Mara sends small tendrils of electricity that make the streams of stars pop in small explosions. Taking advantage of the smoke of the explosion Mara makes it through to the other side and aims a Headbutt at Builzel who barely dodges the attack. Quickly forming a small electrical punch in its paws Mara hits Buizel sending Buizel back and rolling on the floor. A few seconds later the small sea ferret tries to get up but falls on the ground, KO’d. Level up for Mara. Sighing in relief you then look at Mara who is looking very tired at this point. What will you do now?

Mt. Sierra
Xuande: You see the Hippopotas struggle to break free as Celes Growls as loud as possible barely fazing the big pokemon. The Hippopotas stops struggling to break free and then starts running towards Celes with a Take Down attack which she barely dodges. Celes tries Growling again with no effect on the big brute. The Hippopotas starts struggling again trying to break free of the vines constricting it slightly but still bothering it. You look around to find somethin gthat might help you in this battle and see many trees behind you, and some bushes in deeper than the trees. You also see some moderately sized rocks and a huge rock near Hippopotas. What will you do?

Bethla Meadows
Shinjara: Looking at you with anger, the furry blue cat takes an offensive position waiting for you to make a move closer to it. A few seconds pass and the feline pokemon takes a chance and extends it claws larger than before and jumps toward you as Maduin swoops down with a Wing Attack sending the Glameow back to the ground looking furious. Jumping at lighting speed it then Scratches Maudin sending it flying down for a second who then takes control of flying before hitting ground and sends a barrage of purple projectiles towards Glameow who dodges the poison attack skillfully. Looks like this is one quick kitty. What will you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Rainforest

Wayne: Deciding to trick the mysterious moving bush, you continue to walk along, giving Sasan instructions to attack it upon your signal. Sure enough, when you start walking again the little bush follows, so after a couple of minutes you signal to Sasan to attack which she does with surprising agility. Unleashing her Magical Leaf upon the walking tree, you're both surprised to hear it squeal with surprise. Sasan's eyes open wide while the little bush ruffles its leaves, apparently taken aback by the attack. It is only then that you notice it has a couple of little eyes which are staring at you both with disbelief. Burmy had only wanted to be your friend...
As Sasan sent the beautiful white leafs towards the bush Wayne then gritted his teeth thinking of what he might find. Hearing the bush answer back made Wayne's hair stand as he saw it was actually something alive and was collecting what had fallen from it from the Magical Leaf attack. Looking it once more Wayne noticed its little eyes looking at him.

Wayne then backed up a few steps before whispering to Sasan once again, "Sasan I really don't want to hurt this Burmy just for the sake of it. It obviously has no intension of fighting and would hate to hurt it. But if it tries to attack us, use a Vine Whip on it and we'll try to run from it I guess since it was not looking for a fight and we attacked it..." Quickly thinking of something to say to Burmy Wayne then started talking, "I'm sorry little guy, we didn't mean to hurt you we are just here to explore. You are welcome to come with me and my Bulbasaur, Sasan, if you wish though."
__________________
Wayne's FB Team
(M) Lv. 19 (M) Lv.01 (F) Lv.01 (F) Lv.42 (M) Lv.01

PC Pokemon
(M) Lv.12 (M) Lv.10 (F) Lv.01 (M) Lv.08 (M) Lv.04 (M) Lv.05
(M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100
(F) Lv.100 (M) Lv.100 (M) Lv. 100 (M) Lv.100
Wayne is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #91
[Dootakun]
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 52
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Mt. Sierra

John's Knight: Entering the volcanic area of the Mt. Sierra, you scan the rocky area with interest. The trees around here appear to have seen better days, and if their bark is anything to go by they've definitely taken the brunt of the damage from a recent eruption. The foliage is sparse, though is growing back quite well, and wildlife is everywhere which is always a good sign particularly in volcanic areas. A few minutes later, a Croagunk who had been standing by a boulder watching you walk past steps out, walks up to Cranidos and punches it in the head. How rude...
"What the..." John exclaimed, the moment the Croagunk punched Hades in the head. As the dinosaur stands back, he immediately glares at the poisonous frog. Looks like he didn't like that move.

"So, you're up to a battle, eh?" the teen said. "You don't have many moves at your disposal, but I'm sure we'll work something out. First, start by paralyzing it with a Leer; afterwards, Headbutt it twice!"

Hades nodded, acknowledging understanding of what he had just said.
__________________
[center:f7692]FB Regi[/center:f7692]
[Dootakun] is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #92
quilava plush
Boulder Badge
 
quilava plush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 195
Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
Sapphire Lake
quilava plush: As Mara thought what to do for this round, the Buizel already had an idea of what to do as it sent Mara streams of stars. Quickly reacting to the Buizel’s Swift attack Mara sends small tendrils of electricity that make the streams of stars pop in small explosions. Taking advantage of the smoke of the explosion Mara makes it through to the other side and aims a Headbutt at Builzel who barely dodges the attack. Quickly forming a small electrical punch in its paws Mara hits Buizel sending Buizel back and rolling on the floor. A few seconds later the small sea ferret tries to get up but falls on the ground, KO’d. Level up for Mara. Sighing in relief you then look at Mara who is looking very tired at this point. What will you do now?

Mara went ahead with her attacks, countering Buizel's shimmering Swift with her Thunder Wave, resulting in a series of brilliant explosions and smoke puffs thereafter. Rivka watched in awe as the Linoone took the temporary smokescreen to her advantage, sneaking up on the water weasel and ambushing it with a Headbutt, taking the opponent by surprise. Although she had missed it by a hair, Mara retaliated with a swift Thunderpunch, sending the Buizel flying and finally knocking it out. Rivka laughed in glee, proud of her Linoone's victory. ""Great going, Mara! I knew you could do it!" Mara then walked over to her congratulatory trainer, panting heavily and lying down, satisfied to have won such a spectacular battle for herself and her trainer.

Rivka looked to the unconscious Buizel then realized something- from the very moment she laid eyes on the Buizel, she wanted to befriend it, and she certainly didn't want to leave it vulnerable to whatever monster could be out here. She rummaged through her backpack, pulling out a sleek red and white capsule, and gently rolled it along the ground in hopes it would connect with the sea weasel. She then clenched her fists, waiting to see if the Pokeballcould successfully capture it.

Meanwhile, Nero gave a howl of congratulations to Mara from his resting place near the sapphire blue waters. He and Hayate seemed to be comfortable chilling out around the lake, and so Rivka decided to stay in the area to let her Pokemon have fun.
__________________
"DO YOU WANT A HOUSE MADE OF COOKIES?!"
quilava plush is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #93
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 633
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sandaa: Upon witnessing you reprimand Buizel, Hippopotas has decided you're safe to be around and quickly ducks behind your legs so as to put something between you and the bully otter. Buizel is still frowning, not at all impressed with your words, and deliberately moves in closer to the edge of the lake, yet not close enough for Scurvy to attack. It appears if you're going to want to battle this troublemaker, it's going to ensure you go to it and not the other way around...
Gary growled as the Buizel did not want to come out of the water. "Not being a coward at all, certainly not," he mumbled sarcastically. He looked down at Scurvy, and then back at the Buizel, the bully making him angrier for each moment it went unpunished. "Sorry Scurv, but you can't swim too well and this joker doesnt want to leave its comfort zone, so it looks like you'll have to sit this one out.." Scurvy growled at the Buizel as well, and clambered up to Gary's shoulder, unsatisfied.

Gary then pulled out his Dive Ball once again, hurling it high into the air above the water. "Alright Aero, time for some more action!" The Mantine burst out of the ball and gracefully dove into the water. He resurfaced a moment later, eyeing the Buizel. "Alright Aero, this guy's asking for it! Disorient it with a Supersonic and then quickly ram it with a Tackle! I'm counting on you!" Aero nodded, giving out a "Man!" Turning his attention back to the Buizel. Gary quickly glanced at the Hippopotas and gently pat it on the head. "You're not hurt badly are you?" he asked it in a soothing voice, quite different from how he was sounding toward the Buizel.
__________________

~Fizzle Bubble~
LMN:
MI:
BR:
II:
Sandaa is online now  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #94
Dae-Maker
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 42
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
[color=orangered]Phantom Desert
Dae~Maker: Soaring over the vast plains of the Phantom Desert upon Flygon, you wonder what kinds of sights you'll see in the recently discovered land of Excelsior. You don't have a great deal of time to contemplate the matter though, as a moment later a mysterious gust of wind comes out of nowhere causing Coriolis to lose control and spiral toward the ground. Thankfully the phantom wind disappears, allowing her to regain her momentum before crashing into the ground, but she does appear to be slightly shaken. Landing lightly on the rocky desert surface, she is just managing to pull herself together after the near fatal incident when she suddenly squeals out in agony. Lashing her tail about, you notice a Carnivine firmly attached to it, and it appears it really doesn't want to let go...
Unlatching from Coriolis's back, Grey sees the oddly floating plant and its massive jaws. After letting his pokedex analyze the subject, Grey learned that the new species was a Carnivine, a relative of the Bellsprout family. Seeing his advantage, Grey gave his orders to his Flygon:

"Ok Coriolis, this is just like any other battle. I want you to try and dislodge the cretin using a Dragonbreath and shake your tail vigorously as you do. If it comes off, use a ranged Egg Bomb followed by a Double Team. However, if the jaws prove noteworthy in strength, list up your tail and use a Strength to pry the Carnivine off. Then, follow up with your own Crunch."

Seeing this fascinating pokemon, Grey couldn't help but wonder what other pokemon resided in Excelsior and how this battle was going to end. Obviously, the place was unknown and he hoped that its mysteries would reveal themselves in time.
__________________
[center:54a72]Fizzy Bubbles
~ Registration | Personal Computer | Trade List ~
[/center:54a72]
Dae-Maker is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 PM   #95
ZoraJolteon
BBCode Master
 
ZoraJolteon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,029
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
ZoraJolteon: With the sound of sizzling water in your ears while Cherubi's fire goes out in the lake, you're more interested in attacking rather than helping the distressed grass type. Not giving it a chance to recover from its burns, Pineco immediately sends a barrage of Pin Missiles its way, adding insult to injury. The little Cherubi may not have an extensive movepool but it sure is a little fighter, and though burned, barges toward Pineco with the intent to Tackle only to be met with Pineco's Counter attack. Cherubi bounces off, landing on its rear before being tackled by Pineco. In an extremely weakened state now, Cherubi doesn't appear to have the energy required to continue battling, and lays on the ground, huffing and puffing rather heavily...
"Now's our chance Pineco!" Zora exclaimed, looking at the severely weakened grass type laying in front of him. "Cherubi, it's time for you to join our team." he told it. Reaching around behind himself, Zora rummaged through his backpack, pulling out a small blue sphere. "Not the most effective choice here." Zora observed, looking down on the Thunderball he held. "But it'll do. OK then!" he said, returning his attention to the vanquished foe. "Pineco, get ready to strike with Double-Edge should it still has a few tricks up its sleave. But I doubt it does, so POKÉBALL, GO!" he yelled, tossing the sphere at Cherubi.
__________________

Superior Christmas Banner is Superior.
Also still looking for ref with brain, although not just now due to Tyranidos running in fear.
ZoraJolteon is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #96
Lee-san
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 165
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Bethla Meadows

Lee-san: Deciding to capture the new Pokémon even though you're not particularly interested in it, you instruct Guts to attack. While Guts Bulks himself Up in an attempt to increase his physical attack, Kricketot knuckles down with Bide, prepared to take anything thrown at it. The first punch thrown is that of a fiery fist as Gut's Fire Punch rams into Kricketot to deal quite a large amount of damage. Kricketot continues to Bide its time though, while Guts slams into the ground, causing the ground to tremble akin to an earthquake. Kricketot is thrown around a little, but stays as still as possible while Biding its energy. After the ground stops shaking, the little Kricket, bruised and beaten, looks up at Geodude with a menacing glint in its eye before unleashing its energy in one powerful blow which hits Guts and sends him flying backward through the air and into the trunk of a nearby tree, KOing him. Oops...
"What the.."
Lee stared in disbelief at the scene before him. Guts' magnificent power hat just literally turned against him, Kricketot's Bide attack returning the energy of his own attacks against him. Lee slowly raised his Geodude's Friend Ball in the air and pointed it at him.
"Guts, return! Sorry partner, I didn't expect that to happen..you take your time and rest now - and believe me, that little bugger is gonna get some.."
Placing Guts' ball on his belt, Lee then reached for another one, this time a regular Pokeball, and threw it in the air.
"Nuray, it's your turn!"
His Jolteon, eager to do his share in the battle, appeared before him, and looked Kricketot menacingly.
"Listen Nuray, this little bug may not look like much, but it just KOed Guts in one move, so be careful! You've just gotta stop it from using its powerful Bide attack, or at least finish it off before it can do so. Start off with a long-held Thunder Wave to paralze it, then smack it with a swift Aerial Ace. Finish with Thunderbolt! That should do the trick.."
Hoping that the tragedy from before wouldn't repeat itself, Lee watched as the battle started anew..
__________________
FB Info
Lee-san is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #97
Waterlight
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake
Waterlight: After having made no moves to attack it, the little Finneon seems to feel safe moving in closer to you, curious as to why a human is willing to come so close to the water without doing anything to harm it. There is less than a metre separating the two of you now, so if you'd like to befriend it you'll have to think quick...
Tom grinned as the fish swum anxiously towards the bank of the lake and as the seconds passed it seemed the Finneon grew more comfortable with the idea of having a human nearby. He continued to twirl a finger gently through the water to try and help the Finneon get more used to Tom's presence by the lake and with his other hand he slipped a Pokéball out of his pocket.

"Atlantis, I choose you," Tom whispered so as not to alarm the Finneon whilst pressing in the Pokéball's button then held it out facing the lake. From the now opened ball a bolt of energy floated out into the lake where the form of the aged fish Relicanth materialised. "Atlantis, can you try and play with the Finneon and try and let it know we're friendly? I don't want it to be too alarmed so it's probably best I let you do the talking.."
__________________
FB Regi Post.
Waterlight is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 09:55 PM   #98
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,203
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne
Mt. Sierra
Xuande: You see the Hippopotas struggle to break free as Celes Growls as loud as possible barely fazing the big pokemon. The Hippopotas stops struggling to break free and then starts running towards Celes with a Take Down attack which she barely dodges. Celes tries Growling again with no effect on the big brute. The Hippopotas starts struggling again trying to break free of the vines constricting it slightly but still bothering it. You look around to find somethin gthat might help you in this battle and see many trees behind you, and some bushes in deeper than the trees. You also see some moderately sized rocks and a huge rock near Hippopotas. What will you do?
Seeing that Celes could use the nourishment, Cyrus called out, "Celes! Pull back the Leech Seed!" It hadn't been on for very long, but Cyrus hoped it might offer some small comfort to her. She'd taken quite the beating so far, he reflected. "Then, try to buy us some time -- aim for that big rock near the hippo and use Razor Leaf! After you try that, I want you to follow me! Try to lure Hippopotas over to where I am! Aim another Razor Leaf attack at some of the smaller rocks to try and generate some debris behind you as you escape!" And so saying, Cyrus turned around and darted towards the trees behind him.

He didn't want to lose their quarry; and he was perhaps leaving too much up to chance; but Cyrus had no other choice. He needed to turn the battle to their advantage. And the one place Cyrus knew he and Celes felt comfortable about doing that was a forest. Reaching the forest edge, Cyrus turned around to face Chikorita and Hippopotas. Small though it was, Hippopotas was struggling to get out of those vines. Cyrus knew it was just a matter of time before they snapped again. Would his plan work? Would Celes be able to distract Hippopotas with a decoy attack at the enormous rock? It was still too early to tell. Cyrus raised an arm to his sweaty brow and wiped it -- a small bead of salty water trickled into his eyes, stinging. The heat was intense around Mt. Sierra ... or was that the heat from the battle? Cyrus couldn't tell.
Talon87 is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #99
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Sapphire Lake
Dragon 11: Slight misunderstanding there. I meant that Flygon took a dive for the water because it has an extremely freaked out kitty scratching the crap out of him, not that Glameow fell off. Doesn't matter though... *goes with your version of events*
Though you're not particularly happy about the fact the terrified Glameow could have killed all three of you, you're not quite willing to let it die by falling into the lake. With water being far from a cats comfort zone, the only kind thing to do will be to help stop it from landing in the lake. Soaring down after it, Flygon passes it on its downward descent before coming in underneath it, successfully managing to stop Glameow's inevitable splash only a split second before it hits the lake. Flygons belly skims the surface of the water and as soon as he feels the little cat land on his back, streaks straight over to the shore of the lake before Glameow has a chance to begin scratching him again. Once on solid ground, Glameow leaps off Flygon's back before taking off into the bushes surrounding the lakeside. Staring at the bushes, stunned the cat would just run off like that after you've saved its life, you're not quite sure what to do next when you hear something from behind and turn around to see a little orange otter like creature that looks like it has a float around its neck, bobbing in the water and clapping after having witnessed your heroic rescue...
I'm sorry. Thank for going along with my mishap.

Aero gave a sigh of relief and looked at the freaked-out cat-like pokemon. Then, as Sandstorm went straight for the coast, he shot Aero a look that Aero read as, "If it scratches, it's going in the water." Aero nodded in agreement; the Glameow had given them enough trouble.

After a minute they reached the beach. As soon as the Flygon had landed, the Glameow bolted for some bushes nearby. Aero got off Sandstorm's back and glared at the bushes. "It didn't even acknowledge us!"

The dragon-type shrugged. And said what Aero thought to mean "Good riddance. That twerp was annoying."

"Still!" moaned Aero. Then he heard clapping and looked out to see an orange otter-like pokemon bobbing in the water. Both trainer and pokemon bowed.

"I'm not in a fighting mood, if that's what you're wanting, but if you want to tag along, I guess we'll take you with," explained Sandstorm. "By the way, do you know of a place humans call 'Mirage Island?'" Aero decided to let Sandstorm handle it. He wasn't much as charismatic as Wind or Breeze, but he could handle it. And it may be nice to have this pokemon tag along, anyway.
__________________
FB Squad

FB PC
Dragon 11 is offline  
Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 PM   #100
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge
 
Jonouchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Under your bed at night
Posts: 218
Re: Excelsior

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Jonouchi: Remember that uproar can last from 2-5 turns which can negate the use of moves ordered after it.
Unwilling to allow Shellos to escape, Kaio fires off an Ice Beam which misses the little pink slug and instead freezes a portion of the lake just behind it. While an icy sheet appears on the surface of the water, Shellos continues fleeing leaving you to deal with the enraged Starly who is desperately trying to save its friend. Kaio then rears up so high that you nearly fall off him, yelling and screeching loudly in an attempts to scare Starly off, but it isn't working. The little bird then swoops out wide before coming in to tackle Kaio, its attack hitting him in the head before the angry bird continues flapping its wings in Kaio's face who is still roaring loudly while trying to scare the little nuisance away...
Ricco watched as his plan to scare off the Starly wasn't working. Not to mention that this wasn't going anywhere. Ricco thought of a backup plan, just incase the Uporar ended.

"Kaio, try to keep up the Uproar attacking it at this point." Ricco said. "If possible, try an Ice Beam to the face after the Uproar ends and proceed on chasing the Shellos again!"

With nothing left to order, Ricco points his finger to the Shellos and shouts his message.

"Shellos!" he shouted. "I WILL catch you! Unless you're scared to fight me!"

With Ricco's taunt already said, he hoped that his plan wouldn't go to waste.
__________________
Ricco's Crew: Fizzy Bubbles

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Jonouchi is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.