UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 07-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
UPN PASBL: Jerichi vs A Winter Breeze

This should be awesome. Funky intros with first reffing, lets just hit the squads straight away, not sure who challenged/accepted but sort it out between you.

Stats:
4 v 4 Double Team
Slapstick
48Hr DQ
Equiall 5
Switch=KO

Arena: The Disco Hall- Should trainers wish, they might battle in the disco hall. A large hall, much the same size as a school gym. The floor is covered in alternating colored flashing tiles. There is a lot of mist, from the smoke machines fitted into the walls at metre intervals, about a metre from the floor. All around the walls are tables, with goodies and treats on them, like crisps, and biscuits. Near the north of the arena is a mixing deck, controlled by a man with a large afro. Multicolored beams of light protrude from the mixing decks cupboards. Think of the lights on the 20th century FOX logo. Pokemon are released in the center of the room.
Special rules: Artificial Lighting, Fire Sprinklers, Fog, Onlookers

Let me just fire up the decks...where's the plug socket anyway?
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

My 'mon are sigless.
Sunny: Level 5 Female Blissey
Snowflake: Level 5 Female Froslass
Empryce: Level 5 Female Jynx
Briquette: Level 5 Female Magmortar
Motor: Level 5 Male Electivire
Jacques Copeau: Level 5 Male Mr. Mime

Thanks, LC and Jeri, this looks like lotso fun.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
A Winter Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
Jerichi
本✚能

Koi - Male Kecleon (Level 5)
Bio: Koi: Male Kecleon. If I wasn't trying to get this sig passed, that'd be 'nuff. The TO's resident Kecleon, and Jeri's favorite wacky Pokemon. Hana fanboy, Haruhi obsesser, and master of the internet meme, Koi has risen to a god-like status, at least in his mind. He believes that one day, Kecleon shall rule all humans and Pokemon, and they, with their Spinda and Snorunt brethren, will annoy Talon to no end by jumping out of the bushes and saying, "Supwise! :3". Or just generally take over the world. Like said before, Koi loves Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, and has seen every episode so many times, he can act them out perfectly. He even knows the Hare Hare Yukai Dance, with in all variations and choppy, poorly choreographed styles. (he had to learn it anyways, as for it was on his test to become a meme master). His favorite episode, though, is the first, mostly because he likes Mikuru, and the fact that his name appears a few times in the opening song. Koi is extremely jealous of her eyebeams, so, using Hidden Power as a starting point, Koi has developed eyebeams like Mikuru. Well, sorta.
Signature Attack - Koi no Majikaru Biimu! (Various)
Koi uses an altered version of Hidden Power, using his eyes to fire the energy in jagged beam shapes. This attack is almost totally akin to Hidden Power, with two exceptions (not including shape). Number one, Koi can use this attack with any type that he has access to, with the cost of two Embers attached onto the energy. Number two, it costs slightly more energy for the attack, but not by a ton. Since Koi has focused on learning this attack, he's forgotten how to use Hidden Power and Secret Power.

Quark - Male Spinda (Level 5)
Bio: The name Quark describes this Spinda quite well. Quark is a quirky little panda. He is the epitome of random, regardless of what AF says. Even his spots display a level of randomness, with the exception of the two at the tips of his ears. Quark has many little characteristics/quirks/general things which make him so random. For one, he enjoys poking spleens. This has become a past time of sorts for him, and he can often be seen doing this. Also, he is a world-renound calligraphist. His work is considered some of the best in the world for its precision, style and grace. Furthermore, he has an unnatural obsession with balloons, and has been known to rabidly attack random passersby and abscond with their helium-filled delights. In the TO, or anywhere else for that matter, he's often seen following Koi around and engaging in his strange activities. Being a Spinda, he has, as Shadow likes to call it, "pseudo-psychic abilities." When in battle, he enjoys using said abilities to play with his enemy. Combining his mild psychic power, his love of balloons, and calligraphic abilities, the bear has developed a new technique.

P.S. Supwise! :3
Signature Attack - Fusen no Chounouryoku no Kanji (Psychic/Various)
Having a great love for the calligraphic arts, balloons, and his (limited) psychic power, Quark has created a battling technique incorporating all these skills and enjoyments. First, Quark creates a ball of Psychic energy in his hand. He "blows up" the energy, just like a balloon. Using the limited types of energy he has access to, he scrawls the kanji representing the type of energy he wants to use upon the energy-balloon. This inscription is made up of the type-energy itself, and can be any of the few types that he has access to (including Normal and Psychic). Finally, Quark tosses the balloon at his enemy. When the balloon comes in contact with something fairly solid, it bursts. Upon bursting, a wave of Psychic energy and the energy which was "written" into the balloon radiates 2 feet from the balloon, doing half an Ice Beam's worth of the selected type, and a quarter an Ice Beam's worth of damage of Psychic damage. If the balloon hits the foe, it does the remaining quarter of the Ice Beam's Psychic damage. The attack takes up half an Ice Beam's worth of Psychic energy, and the half an Ice Beam's worth of the type selected. The attack may be used 3 times a battle.

Atlas - Male Machamp (Level 5)
Bio: Despite being the famous RNJim Machop, Hermes has made a valuable addition to my primarily special-based team. Upon induction to my squad, he went through a couple name changes before settling on a fitting Greek God name for his favorite trait, his speed. While Pokemon of his species tend to favor their sheer power, Hermes is partial towards speedy attacks. Though he lacks Mach Punch, Hermes modified a similar technique he knew and created a superior alternative to it.
Signature Attack - Godspeed (Fighting)
Any attack involving punching can be used in conjunction with this sig. Firstly, Hermes charges up the energy utilized in the punch specified, and then punches very quickly, sending the energy out in a shockwave akin to Mach Punch. This shockwave travels at a slightly slower speed than that of Mach Punch due to the additional energy, but it's overall velocity is still quite high. To modify punches in this fashion, a good deal of energy equivalent to that of two Mach Punches is required along with the energy of the attack itself.

Rocky II - Male Steelix (Level 5)
Bio: The spawn of Rocky, the famous Flying Onix, and a random Probopass, this Steelix's interesting parentage has implanted in him the dream to soar in the skies freely (or at least that's what his trainer tells him his dream is). Being the product of a magnetically charged Pokemon, Rocky II has an interesting quality about him, as his hide generates its own weak magnetic field, causing metallic object to stick to him on occasion. While this would generally be considered a nuisance, Rocky II has found a way to take advantage of this strange quality to help fulfill his dreams of flight.
His sig is godawful and I'm dropping it for now because of how much it sucks.

Dorothy - Male Rapidash (Level 5)
Bio: Dorothy is the epitome of gay. Taking his name from the phrase "friend of Dorothy", a somewhat outdated euphamism for homosexuality, Dorothy wears his name proudly, gushing rainbows and warbling musical numbers. He is so insistent on portraying his homosexuality, he has taken his gay pride to a whole new level, ingesting a myriad of colorful chemicals that cause his flames to burn in a rainbow of colors.
GLAYMES is also bad and I should feel bad. However, this will still apply because I say so.
To spice up his attacks a bit more, his Fire attacks have had a bit of a thematic overhaul, and Ember, Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Overheat, Sunny Day and Will-o-Wisp become Men-ber, Heat Rave, Sire Blast, Flamer Twirl, Glam Wheel, Glaymethrower, Flamer Blitz, "Overheat", Sunny Gay, and Wille Wisp, respectively.

La Parca - Male Dusclops (Level 5)
Bio: La Parca is the personification of death, haunting the thin void between the realm of Giratina and the physical world, working to retrieve the lost souls wandering beyond death. This powerful creature is one of many so-called "reapers" and has lent his abilities to me after an accidental confrontation. Since La Parca lurks about the tropical zone, he has taken the Spanish word for the Grim Reaper, and the fiery attitudes of the Latin kind have rubbed off on him, making his style both haunting and agressive at the same time, and his sig reflects this spooky agression.
Signature Move - Guadańa Muerta (Ghost)
In his hands, La Parca creates a dark scythe shape of energy, swiping it at the ground, leaving a trail of red and black energy that resembles a gash in the fabric of space itself. For a second, it trembles and shakes, before 3 demonic forms rise from it, all quickly rushing directly at the foe and striking. While it seems like spirits or demons attacking the foe, it's truly masterfully manipulated ghost energy sent at the foe, dealing fairly high damage, but the particularly frightening nature of the attack will intimidate Pokemon of smaller size than La Parca, much like Leer. This attack can be used more than once, but every time after the first use on the same Pokémon, it becomes considerably less frightening, as the imperfections of the energy quickly begin to show. This attack takes the energy of 3/4ths of a Fully Charged Shadow Ball and does the damage of a Thunderbolt and is considered a special attack.

"Call me crazy, but go my Dynamic Duo, Koi and Quark!"

Quark: Did he just call us gay?

Koi: Strange. It seems like he's accusing two of the few straight 'mon on his team of being homosexual.

Jeri: Oh come on I have 3 gay Pokemon.

Koi: Suuuuuuure. That's what they all say.

Jeri: ... Just go battle.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

Hrm. Jacques, Briquette, let's dance.
Briquette: Fire a Confuse Ray at Koi before trapping him in a Fire Spin.

Jacques: Hold Quark in a Thunder Wave before slamming him into Koi with a Psychic.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
Old 07-21-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
Jerichi
本✚能

"Koi, close your eyes and just let the flames fade before you hit Briquette with a Water Pulse.

Quark, lawl as you Magic Coat that T-Wave. Then Teeter Dance for novelty/to prevent Psychic."
Old 07-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round One: Dance, Dance, Dance to the Radio

Okay, so Joy Division isn’t in the heaviest Disco rotation, but it should be. From now on, we’re in DISCO CLASSICS mode

Welcome Ladies and Gentlemen to the PASBL Discohall, today devoid of gyrating, pneumatic dancers. Unless Jeri and AWB get carried away anyway; the hall has been cleared to enable them to battle in the smoke, noise and excitement that come with the Disco. Due to my aversion to this kind of environment, my Pokémon have taken over the sound system and the unnecessarily large Exploud shaped Ghetto Blasters. From my sound proofed observation deck, I am ideally located to keep track of what are sure to be crazy events. Now, let’s do some introductions, complete with cheesy wrestling style theme music. This reffing can be experienced in full surround sound by clicking the various Youtube links as we go, and I’ll be hurt if you don’t listen to each song while dancing away...

Firstly, on the left hand side of the hall, in the FABULOUS pink corner...he is a former normal type gym leader, currently baby theme gym leader, league official and head refereeing honcho...it’s...

RELAX
DON’T DO IT
WHEN YOU WANNA GO THROUGH IT
RELAX
DON’T DO IT
WHEN YOU WANNA COOOOOME!

JEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !

Aw lord, it didn’t take long for the stereotypical 80s Gay Disco tunes to come out, did it? No? I suppose it could have been Electric Six, but that would be about as subtle as brick. Despite requesting a bit of Gaga, Jeri is stuck with Frankie Goes to Hollywood, because I deem them to be much, much better. Might get a bit of Gaga later, but it’ll probably be Radio rather than Lady. Now, for our second contestant, in the very pale Blue corner...

YOU’RE AS COLD AS ICE
YOU’RE WILLING TO SACRIFICE
OUR LOVE

A WINNNNNTERRRR’S BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

Even more predictable that, if only because AWB has regrettably currently failed to identify himself as belonging to any helpfully pidgeon-holeable group, so username exploitation will have to do. In any case, with our competitors introduced and the smoke machines going crazy to the sound of Foreigner’s guitar riffs, we have a four way fiesta to enjoy, with the Pokémon being released to the field.

From Jerichi, we have a pair so dastardly and wicked that I would make a comparison to Jedward and play a track if a) Jeri would have a clue who they were b) I had any intention of allowing their songs into my Discotheque. Anyway, they are a meme-savvy Kecleon and an unusual Spinda...not that there is such a thing as a usual Spinda really. You might have heard of them, their names are Koi and Quark. It’s like having a celebrity in town this is.

On the other side of the arena, we have a pair of groupies giggling and chatting to each other about the two celebrities before them. Are they potentially Poke-Wags? No? Oh, they’re actually AWB’s Pokémon, somewhat awed by the sheer smell of awesome in the room, but mostly ready to battle. They are Jacques and Briquette, a male Mime and female Magmortar respectively, both of which are suitably humanshaped and ready to dance. Lets get this fight underway with one more gratuitous tune, this one simply because it has an awesome intro and I use it as my Kickboxing entrance music, so all good things start with these bars of gold.

After 600 words of superfluous fun, my reffing flow is interrupted by an unfortunate breakout of battling. Curse you PASBL! The distraction in question is Briquette, who fires forth a Confuse Ray, just one brightly coloured light amongst many in this Discotheque, but enough to confuse its target were it not for Koi cleverly closing his eyes, avoiding having his brain pushed into overload any more than the pounding speakers are doing already. I can only hope none of these Pokémon have that sensitive to sound species characteristic. Briquette isn’t alone in wishing a status upon her opponent it seems, with Jacques deciding that paralysis would be a terrific way to spoil this disco thoroughly: he aims a Thunder Wave towards Spinda, but luckily the bear Pokémon is ready for it and uses Magic Coat to give the party-pooper a large dose of his own medicine. The Thunder Wave crackles and reverses, causing Mime to tighten up a little, although no massive paralysis is caused as he can’t keep it up long enough due to er...well, being paralysed. By himself. Good work! On the bright side for him, he did inflict mild damage on Quark.

With his direct opponent a little incapacitated by paralysis, Quark gets on down in the spirit of this Disco arena with his next attack, and as a reward for getting on down, Jerichi gets this battles first burst of Gaga...

Just dance, gonna be okay
Da da doo doot-n
Just dance, spin that record babe
Da da doo doot-n
Just dance, gonna be okay
D-D-D-Dance, dance, dance, just
J-J-Just Teeter Dance

All this teetering and dancing leaves an already unsupple Mime experiencing paralysis of the brain, leaving him somewhat unlikely to participate in the remainder of this round, much to Quark’s amusement, giggling as he dances at the sight of a usually intelligent Pokémon dribbling to itself. Luckily for the other participants, they find themselves otherwise engaged and not paying attention to the bear’s gyrations. In fact, Koi is paying little attention at all as he finds himself dancing around himself, albeit less willingly as he’s doing so within a Fire Spin, which looks a half-hearted from Magmortar, perhaps slightly unwilling to commit to a strong attack amongst the mist, but still does decent damage to Kecleon. The Chameleon remembers not to struggle too much though, and after a few moments of patience that would shame a Buddhist monk, is set down from the flames. Angered by the damage and the prevention of disco-fabulouso, he responds with a Water Pulse, an orb of water travelling the short distance and exploding on Briquette for heavy damage, causing her to roar in pain as the water turns to steam, further reducing visibility in the already dark, smokey hall.

The round comes to an end with our participants in a range of situations, but the tunes carry on regardless, the decibel level high enough to deafen most bystanders and the heat now starting to rise in the room thanks to a combination of steam and Fire Spin.

Summary

Briquette took the most damage of the round by far, the super effective Water Pulse leaving her a long way from perfect. Her partner is perfect healthwise, but a little paralyzed and a good bit confused to boot. He’ll be slow off the mark in round two.

Koi and Quark both took light damage, with good but far from excessive energy use.

Health: Mime>Spinda>Kecleon>>Magmortar
Energy: Mime>Kecleon>Magmortar>Spinda

LC’s handy copright-lawyer summary (i.e the following can probably sue): Joy Division, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Foreigner, Europe, Lady Gaga)

Jeri to order. Please don’t expect future reffings to be that long, or anything before Sunday night.

Last edited by Lonely Cubone; 07-22-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Jerichi
本✚能

>J-J-Just Teeter Dance

<333

"RAGHABLARGHA ANCINETPOWER. And then Aqua Tail. For Koi, obvs.

Quark, try your best not to suck. I know, it's hard. Place a Snatch on Mr. Mime to discourage Calm Minding. Stay right near the Mime and be ready to Double-Edge to prevent him from attacking."

Three-mover not confirmed. So don't use it.

Quark: I'm not that stupid. ...am I?
Old 07-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

Briquette: Bash him back with a DynamicPunch when he comes in, then a Fire Blast for Aqua Tail.

Jacques: When your mind clears up, Hypnotize Quark before Nasty Plotting.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
Old 07-30-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

Bumping for Elsie.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Sorry guys, I know you've been waiting longer than most and certainly longer than I would usually, but I don't want to half-arse this as it's much too cool a battle. Will ref this tomorrow, Scout's honour.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Two: Put on your red shoes and DANCE.

Again, apologies for the delay in this, away last weekend and a busy week. Let’s try and be a bit quicker next time, shall we?

With three of our four participants ready to battle, the round begins with the trio watching the fourth battler, Jacques the Mr. Mime who, by virtue of moderately confused, is listening closely to the pounding soundtrack of this battle and attempting to reclaim the Moonwalk from Michael Jackson, once the soul preserve of Mimes. As he tries, he warbles along with the song...

Billie Jean
Is not my lover
She’s just a girl
Who thinks that I am the...OOMPH

Sadly for Jacques, even relatively mild paralysis is not conducive to the Moonwalk, and he now finds himself lying flat on his face while the other three Pokémon crease up with laughter before starting their attacks. First to move is Koi, ordered to use Ancient Power and deciding to continue attacking Briquette after last rounds success, charges through the fog glowing like one of the many coloured lamps around the battlefield, and leaps towards Magmortar. What he fails to notice though, perhaps because of the fog or perhaps blinded by his own success, is that the fat fireball has a glowing fist of her own...

KABOOOM

The swinging Dynamic Punch and Ancient Power seem to have collided, blasting their respective owners back a fair way, although less for Briquette as she’s obese. Both parties stand up looking pained, with Kecleon perhaps taking more damage there, but from a higher base point. Koi is a hardy sort though, and bounces back to his feet just as the Pokémon at the decks decide to skip to the next song, bursting into furious lip-synching to the dulcet tones of Chumbawamba...

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You’re never going to keep me down

And indeed, the song appears to be well timed as Koi continues to take the fight to his much large opponent, this time pumping energy into his tail rather than his fist, probably a wiser move based on his body shape, and closing in towards Magmortar, who seems to be breathing in and preparing something. Koi’s attack seems a little quicker though, and he has a chance to deliver that Aqua Tail into Magmortar’s midriff, seconds before, and perhaps causing the premature release of a Fire Blast. The raging inferno strikes Koi at point blank range just as Magmortar staggers back in pain, throwing the smaller Pokémon into the air and scorching the dance floor, the resulting firestorm avoiding the other two battlers only by luck. Both Koi and Briquette stand up again, but neither looks terribly happy about the round’s events.

After those two have spent much of the round swinging at each other like a pair of drunks outside a city pub, the viewer may be forgiven for having forgotten that this is a Double Team match, but of course it is, and Quark the Spinda is standing a little distance away over the faceplanted Mime, with a quizzical look on his face. Still, he follows orders and places a stat-boost curse on Jacques, which should last for a few turns. If I was a cruder ref, I’d make a joke about how Jeri doesn’t actually have much interest in Snatch but I won’t as it’s a horrible word to use as a euphemism and just generally mean. So I won’t. You didn’t see me say it. Quick, here’s some music to distract you all...

Burn Baby Burn!

Okay, looks like that one got here a little late considering the Fire Blast was a few paragraphs back now, I’ll take it up with the Pokémon at the decks later once we’ve finished this. With Jacques seemingly recovering from his previous incapacitation, although that may have been more a result of embarrassment than true confusion, he decides to use Hypnosis, which lulls Spinda into a deep, artificial sleep, somehow managing to send him to the land of nod despite the thumping music in the arena. Amused, Mr. Mime decides to Nasty Plot for incredible special attacking power!

...For Quark.

Oh dear, looks like AWB didn’t quite register that Snatch, as Jacques finds himself not all that boosted at all, much to his surprise. Meanwhile, whilst sleeping, Spinda enjoys some very nefarious dreams of world domination and a whole team of Evil Carebears, not quite realising that the special boost seems to have transferred to him.

Summary

Koi took some horrendous damage in this round, down a good way below half from this round’s exploits already. He can still take a couple of good hits though, and energy use was much less than his direct foe, more than Quark and Jacques though. Water energy is getting low. Quark took no damage, used only light energy, but is asleep, albeit with a nice special attack boost.

Jacques took no damage other than to his ego, and while used good energy, he’s best off amongst the four on that count: Snatch remains though. Briquette is another story, she took a horrible beating, slightly lower than Quark on the health front and much lower on energy, having used two very high powered attacks. She’ll be slow next round.

Health: Mime>Spinda>>>Kecleon>Magmortar
Energy: Mime>Spinda>Kecleon>>Magmortar

LCs Round Two Sue/Setlist: David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Chumbawamba, The Tramps
Old 08-03-2010, 02:23 PM   #12
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

>>
Briquette, vent your frustration by Swaggering about at Koi.

Jacques, fire a Confuse Ray at Koi. If Quark is about to wake up from his dreams of doom, Eat those Dreams. If not, Teeter Dance for Koi.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #13
Jerichi
本✚能

Fire Blast + SE Dynamic Punch = well under half?

"Koi, close your eyes so all of that effectively goes to waste. Then, just wait for Quark to be awakened.

Quark, once you wake up, let's give the Mime taste of his own unintentional medicine - Shadow Ball. And Koi, make sure to Disable the Mime before he can get away.

Oh and Quark, go ahead an Wish to gather yourself after that attack."
Old 08-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #14
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Three: 80s Night!

I can’t see anything particularly outlandish about that no, although it’s not “well” under half, but a decent bit. 200% Super Effective is pretty nasty, and you took a Fire Spin although that wasn’t a whole lot of damage. I’m considering trialling your 150%/300% super effective ratings at some point though, do you give extra energy or anything to balance it out?.

Also, in the absence of stated charge level, I will always presume MC. Except for Hyper Beam, probably. Finally, apologies for the delays, as stated I wrongly thought Jeri was back tomorrow.

As you may have guessed from the title of this round, the music choices from this round are distinctly from the “Kickass 80s Karaoke Rock” category, so I insist that before reading you ensure you have a steady soundtrack of a suitable variety: I suggest Toto.

Now that you can hear the drums echoing tonight, we’ll continue to describe the battle, with the occasional change of track and the more than occasional digression into something entirely unrelated in the desperate attempt of finding something humorous at the bottom of the large hole I generally manage to dig. Talking of holes, Quark finds himself in the unenviable position of being asleep in the middle of a battle, rarely a good thing to be and certainly not in a double team situation. Realising the likely flow of the following events, Koi jams his eyes shut, not able to watch...

In fact, the closing of his eyes was fairly unnecessary from a humanitarian point of view, but very wise from a battling perspective; with his eyes closed he can’t see Briquette switching from her usual fat, wobbly dancing to a much more aggressive Swagger, which neither Pokémon opposing him can see, much less hear in this loud arena, the large speaker continuing to pump out the beautiful sounds of Toto. Meanwhile, another confuse ray from Jacques meets a similarly wasteful fate, having no effect on the voluntarily blinded chameleon Pokémon.

The battle then takes a bit of a pause as two protagonists await each other’s next move, whilst Magmortar looks on with indifference. Quark rolls over and coughs a little in his sleep, choking on a bit of smoke he’s managed to inhale. This startles Jacques into action, deciding that before Spinda can wake up, he should be struck by a Dream Eater, which accelerates his waking up and sucks a good portion of energy from the dizzy bear into the bargain, with a small amount of health. This restores a decent portion of Mime’s own energy, so he’s rather smug about the whole situation.

Not for long though.

The deadly duo are reunited and combine to wipe the previously permanently affixed smile off of the Psychic types face: A dark glowing sphere of energy grows before Spinda, charging into a good sized Shadow Ball, which he fires off towards the psychic type. Jacques smiles slightly and moves to dodge the oncoming attack, only to find himself strangely unable to move. Koi smirks as his Disable pays off, managing to hold the Mime in place long enough for the ball to make contact, a little short of full charge but with a Nasty Plot boost, that’s still a horrific blow for Mime, who is blasted across the field. Magmortar is also within range of the explosion, but only for mild damage at a decent distance.

Jacques gets back up, but looks much, much less happy about life now, as Quark finishes the round wish a Wish, which apparently turns him into the Ultimate Warrior. Oh my the next round could be fun.

Summary

Jacques was the only Pokémon to take major damage there, but blimey did it take a lot, right down to near halfway, leaving Quark the only Pokémon left on the battlefield who hasn’t taken a battering. Koi and Briquette used only decent energy, but Quark used a very high amount of energy, down below three quarters, particularly short on ghost energy, with probably only a QC Shadowball in him for now. He's lucky that future attacks will apparently now use less energy, which seems a slightly broken attack description...

Health: Quark>>>Jacques>Koi>Briquette
Energy: Jacques>>Koi>Briquette>Quark
Old 08-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #15
Jerichi
本✚能

Strange question, but what is the level of light on the floor and what is the current dominant lighting color?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:33 AM   #16
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Reasonably low, but everyone can see eachother. There are spotlights in each of the primary colours (red, blue, yellow, none of this green business Scientists) which are tracking around the floor, so no real dominant colour, although the yellow bulb is currently shining over most of the competitors.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #17
Jerichi
本✚能

"Koi, Koi No Majikaru Biimu Normal on Briquette followed by Koi No Majikaru Biimu Normal on Briquette!

Quark, give Jacques an Encore. Then go for a Wave Form Water Pulse to hit them both (just don't get Koi in the process)."
Old 08-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #18
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

Briquette: I'm pretty sure that you don't agree with Quark SBing Jacques, so give him a Focus Blast before giving Koi a Flamethrower.
Jacques: Koi's eyes are wide open, so give him a Confuse Ray. Give Quark a Focus Blast afterwards.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
Old 08-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Four: Enter the 90s

Guess what music theme the following round has? It’ll probably end up being Britpop-centric, so presuming you both are American, you’ll probably not have heard of the vast majority of songs. Feel free to sub in whatever was big in America in the 90s. In fact, I think about the only thing that made it across the channel in the whole decade was the Spice Girls, so make of that what you will. Jeri, if you have any respect for stereotypes, you should love it.

To cleanse myself of all that old Spice (see what I did there?) I’m currently enjoying Blur, which is conveniently short enough to help you enjoy this reffing, which is somewhat curtailed as I’m not really in the mood but have made you wait too long already.

Quark gets the initiative here thanks to his crazy Wished up adrenalised (stupid US Dictionary keeps underlining this. Away with you, MS Word!) status, and uses Encore, giving Jacques a round of applause and a barrage of praise on his wonderful Dream Eater. As a performer, Jacques loves nothing more than a good review, and feels it would be rude not to come back for an encore of that Dream Eater, which is of course, about as successful as the average boy band member’s solo career.

Meanwhile, Koi uses Koi No Majikaru Biimu, a sig move which deals 3.142x Hidden Power damage for 3.876x the energy. Oh no, hang on, it’s not an ID-sig, it’s just GRATUITIOUS JAPANESE of the kind so common on anything anime related. I expect it means something like “Koi, go hurt it!”. Anyway, it’s a normal type beam which is almost identical to Hidden Power, apart from being DAINTY, and using slightly more energy for the privilege of zapping Briquette for some good damage.

It seems that the Encore wore off quickly, perhaps due to the complete lack of success of the attack , and Mime and Magmortar both decide, rather unfairly, to gang up on the small teddybear currently doing its best impression of the Ultimate Warrior. A pair of powerful Focus Blasts are released and the smaller Pokémon does its best to dodge, but trips and is caught in the dual explosion, throwing him across the room into a fallen disco ball. Despite his battle rage, Quark takes extreme damage from the two attacks, which seem to have left both his opponents tired, but the Wish helps him spring back to his feet as if he hadn’t been hurt at all: Responding with a Water Pulse in wave form which strikes the floor before his opponents and bursts all over them, causing the Magmortar to cry out in pain as steam fills the disco hall once more. Adding to the fun, a second Koi No Majikaru Biimu is fired at the smoking Magmortar who bellows in rage, collapsing the floor under the sheer weight of damage. A moment passes, and Briquette does not get up.

Briquette is unable to battle, a third Pokémon from AWB, if you would

Summary

There was a lot of damage in this round, mostly to Spinda who joined the others well below the halfway point but a good way above a quarter for health. The damage was also enough to finish off Magmortar, who becomes our first casualty. As you can expect, Energy use was similarly high all round, although Quark used the least in this round.

Health: Jacques=Koi>Quark
Energy: Koi>Jacque=Quark
Old 08-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

Yay, Blur, and wow I misread Jeri's orders.
Snowflake (Froslass): Blizzard at the duo. Hold onto Quark with a Disable.
Jacques: Dynamicpunch Quark after the Blizzard, then smash Koi into Quark with your Psychic Powers. If Quark is already KO'd, then Give him a Magical Leaf.

It appears I have terrible reading ability.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance

Last edited by A Winter Breeze; 08-22-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:51 PM   #21
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Briquette is KOd good sir. Try ordering the Pokemon that are conscious!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:54 PM   #22
Jerichi
本✚能

>Jeri, if you have any respect for stereotypes, you should love it.

Spice Girls was my first CD!

This might fail horribly, but let's see!

"Koi, just Disable the Froslass and give Quark time to set up a Substitute (shockhorror)!

Then, once all that attacking is done, reciprocate the Disable on Jacques, Quark, so we can get an FC Shadow Ball from Koi (which you can charge while you're ignored)."
Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #23
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Round Five: I don’t feel like dancing, no sir, no dancing today.

This round is a bit of a mess at the end, I hope it all makes sense...

There's so many things i like about you, I..
I just don't know where to begin,

I like the way you, look at me with those beautiful eyes,
I like the way you, act all surprised,
I like the way you, put your hands up in the air,
I like the way you, shake your hair,
I like the way you, like to touch,
I like the way you, stare so much,
but most of all....
Yeah..
most of all....

I like the way you don’t move.....when you’re Disabled!

Koi sings a beautiful song to Froslass while holding her still, the powerful Blizzard proving too slow an attack to get off before Snowflake finds herself immobilized by Koi’s telekinesis, proving to be more energy sapping to pull off than last time but successful enough to allow Quark to pull of his next attack which is sure to prompt another musical interlude:

You think we look pretty good together
You think my shoes are made of leather
But I'm a Substitute for another Spinda
I look pretty tall but my heels are high
The simple things you see are all complicated
I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated, yeah

Sadly, not all the moves available in PASBL fit with my musical tastes as well as these first two have, but The Who is a damned good addition to any round as Quark goes for one final throw of the dice, fashioning a clone from huge swathes of health and energy and slipping away to the bathroom for a bit, leaving the identikit bear in his place. As many things were ordered to take place after a Blizzard that never was, there is a bit of a pause before everyone launches back into the fray (no, not another tenuous musical link, who’d play the Fray at a disco?): Snowflake decides a Disable of her own is in order, which leaves this referee in the tricky position of judging whether or not the restraint would work on a substitute.

In the absence of any concrete evidence, I’m going to call Disable as working, which allows Jacques to stride forwards and deliver a DynamicPunch to Quark. Or actually, deliver a SlightlyGlowyPunch as it’s about as Dynamic as an Old Folks’ home: the last round’s Focus Blast used up most of Jacques’ fighting energy and the amount that went into that blow is nowhere near enough to break the substitute, despite still doing good damage, and Sub-Quark staggers free of the Disabling. Angered by the failure to destroy the substitute, Jacques uses his more trustworthy Psychic powers to pull Koi towards them and throws the Kecleon into Quark, dealing decent damage to both and leaving all three within a very short distance of each other, with Froslass floating a good way away.

Koi climbs to his feet slowly, shaken by the collision and sees that the Quark-sub, unworried by such trivial things as headaches is already up and charging a Shadow Ball, eager to help, he concentrates on holding Jacques still with another Disable, managing only to slow the Mime significantly as he spots the ball and begins to run if full blow panic and in slow motion, away. This continues with some degree of comedy for about another ten seconds, before the ball is released: the dark matter flies towards Jacques, who hasn’t got all that far, and explodes, pushing the Mime far across the hall and into a speaker, which he slides down in a comic manner. Koi and Quark weren’t far away from the epicentre of that explosion either, and both seems to have sustained further decent damage. Froslass was far enough away to avoid all damage, but peering at her teammate, it doesn’t look like he’s getting up.

Jacques is unable to battle! A final Pokémon from AWB please!

Summary

That whole round was a bit of a mess, so to summarize.

For AWB, Mime was KOd by that Shadowball. Froslass is fresh healthwise and used only reasonable energy.

Quark’s substitute remains but is low on both health and energy. Real-Quark is pretty screwed on both counts too, he won’t be able to make much more impact on this battle beyond survival. Koi took good damage, but is still above a quarter, with energy now below half and Disable now experiencing some distinct diminishing returns.

AWB, you again I’m afraid. Double Teams are quite the bitch for repeatedly ordering first.

Set List: Scissor Sisters, BodyRockers, The Who
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #24
A Winter Breeze
Chilly~

Eh, Blissey.
Blissey: Throw an Egg Bomb at Koi, and smack the two with a Psychic Wave.
Froslass: Spite Koi, twice.
J-J-Just Teeter Dance
Old 08-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #25
Jerichi
本✚能

"Quark, Swagger Froslass, then make/let your Sub take an attack from Blissey. Finish with a Last Resort on Froslass.

Koi, just Fire Blast Froslass and use any remaining energy on a Dynamic Punch for Blissey."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL