UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #76
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Re: The Twilight Realm

Jonouchi ~ You tell your Swampert not to worry about the accidental drowning you just experienced, I mean he was following your orders after all. The angry cries of merchants behind you had died down to irritated mumbles of, "ignorant pokemon trainers" as you concentrate on becoming perpendicular once more. Wringing the salt water from your clothes you give Kaio one last comforting gaze before backing off the a safe distance, your Swampert turning his hateful gaze upon the Crawdaunt that caused all this.

Thinking through a new plan you get a wild idea, hoping to keep Crawdaunt in one spot to make it easier to attack. Ordering Kaio to use a Whirlpool, he swims forward, a little awkwardly with his left shoulder still being frozen and dives underwater. You can no longer see him and neither can Crawdaunt who looks beneath the surface for any sign, trying hard to keep afloat her frozen tail weighing her down. The water begins to shift and swirl as a vertex begins to form. Crawdaunt cries out as she is pulled into the vortex that gradually grows larger. Although it is not causing her much damage the whirlpool is disorientating Crawdaunt who fires off a Bubblebeam at Kaio in an attempt to stop the motion but all she hits is barrier of water.

With Crawdaunt sufficiently caught Kaio stops swimming looking a little fatigued from the action required to generate such a large whirlpool. He fights past the fatigue and with force fires off a Water Gun through the vortex that amazingly manages to catch Crawdaunt right in the chest, before the water mingles with the whirlpool.

Now Kaio has stopped swimming the whirlpool is starting to slow to a halt the water crashing back down on top of Crawdaunt. Kaio breaks through the surface of the water waiting to see if its opponent would do the same. Slowly a red form emerges looking extremely dizzy and worn out. Remembering the second attack, Kaio rears his head back and shoots out a glob of what looks like Chocolate?! In what seems like a last ditch effort to save itself the Crawdaunt glows white, Protecting itself from the attack that bounces harmlessly off and lands in the water leaving a brown gooey mess floating there, ew!

Both pokemon are looking really tired now, and Crawdaunt is still dizzy from the whirlpool. This could be the last effort required by either pokemon to KO the other.

Yami Ron ~ Caught a little off guard by Rebecca's pokemon choice you comment as such, the young woman grinning expecting that reaction. Not to be put off by lady Bakura's level and lack of Ice type attacks you remind yourself that there are other ways to win. As Sandslash draws ever closer you give Lady Bakura her attack orders, the pretty pink Sneasel preparing herself to dodge Terran's first attack.

Rebecca's smile brightens and with a call of "Rollout Terran" you see a smirk flash across the Sandslash's face as he leaps up and lands back down on the sand in a ball rolling towards Lady Bakura with even greater speed, closing the distance. Your Sneasel looks alarmed and moves to dodge but doesn't make it in time, getting clipped by the super effective attack throwing her to the side landing in a heap on the beach. She pulls herself up only to see Terran change direction and move towards her once more. With a little more warning this time she leaps out of harms way and opens up her mouth wide firing out glowing green orbs of energy, the Bullet Seed manages to connect briefly before the speedy Sandslash rolls out of the line of fire.

Getting a little frustrated by her ineffective attacks, Lady Bakura calls on one that was sure to hit. She glows with blue energy calling forth a Surf from the nearest source of water, and that happened to be the sea to her left. A large wave emerges from the calm sea startling those who were swimming in it, causing them to rapidly swim for safety. Rushing up the roaring wave made its way to the arena causing all those in its path to run with haste to the side, a terrified scream echoed from a small child caught underneath. Fortunately a speedy Golduck that was nearby grabbed the child and dove for safety. Rebecca looked alarmed by the Surf attack and quickly shouted out some orders to her Sandlash.

"Terran, quickly Dig a little underground and stay there whilst in a Defense Curl," Terran quickly sets to work managing to Dig itself a little hole and curling into a ball hid inside. The wave finally crashes down washing over the beach arena, Lady Bakaura having managed to avoid the majority of her own attack. Rebecca looked for her Sandslash, worry evident in her eyes. Suddenly the ground erupts and Terran leaps out of his hole covered in wet sand. Shaking himself briefly he smiles to his trainer indicating that their plan had worked, though he had taken a hit from the attack it did not do as much damage as you would have liked. One thing was for sure, Rebecca sure had trained her pokemon well.

The spectacular Surf attack, although having irritated a few beach goers had attracted a small crowd who were now eagerly watching the battle unfold.

"Okay Terran, reduce Sneasel's accuracy with your Sand Attack," Rebecca calls out as Sandslash turns around digging his claws into the ground preparing his attack.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 PM   #77
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Angel
Jonouchi ~ You tell your Swampert not to worry about the accidental drowning you just experienced, I mean he was following your orders after all. The angry cries of merchants behind you had died down to irritated mumbles of, "ignorant pokemon trainers" as you concentrate on becoming perpendicular once more. Wringing the salt water from your clothes you give Kaio one last comforting gaze before backing off the a safe distance, your Swampert turning his hateful gaze upon the Crawdaunt that caused all this.

Thinking through a new plan you get a wild idea, hoping to keep Crawdaunt in one spot to make it easier to attack. Ordering Kaio to use a Whirlpool, he swims forward, a little awkwardly with his left shoulder still being frozen and dives underwater. You can no longer see him and neither can Crawdaunt who looks beneath the surface for any sign, trying hard to keep afloat her frozen tail weighing her down. The water begins to shift and swirl as a vertex begins to form. Crawdaunt cries out as she is pulled into the vortex that gradually grows larger. Although it is not causing her much damage the whirlpool is disorientating Crawdaunt who fires off a Bubblebeam at Kaio in an attempt to stop the motion but all she hits is barrier of water.

With Crawdaunt sufficiently caught Kaio stops swimming looking a little fatigued from the action required to generate such a large whirlpool. He fights past the fatigue and with force fires off a Water Gun through the vortex that amazingly manages to catch Crawdaunt right in the chest, before the water mingles with the whirlpool.

Now Kaio has stopped swimming the whirlpool is starting to slow to a halt the water crashing back down on top of Crawdaunt. Kaio breaks through the surface of the water waiting to see if its opponent would do the same. Slowly a red form emerges looking extremely dizzy and worn out. Remembering the second attack, Kaio rears his head back and shoots out a glob of what looks like Chocolate?! In what seems like a last ditch effort to save itself the Crawdaunt glows white, Protecting itself from the attack that bounces harmlessly off and lands in the water leaving a brown gooey mess floating there, ew!

Both pokemon are looking really tired now, and Crawdaunt is still dizzy from the whirlpool. This could be the last effort required by either pokemon to KO the other.
Ricco watches the battle continue, but things were in between for him. Swampert was getting worn out and so was Crawdaunt. Ricco knew this had to end fast but he had only one chance to do that.

"Swampert!" Ricco shouted. "I know you're tired, but please! You have to hang on a little longer!"

Swampert nods tiredly as Ricco thinks about what to do. Swampert was losing energy by the second and if something wasn't done fast, it was all over.

"Listen to me carefully." Ricco said. "I want you to do all that you can to take this guy out. We need only one attack and that's Take Down. Attack him and drive him into the edge of the docks, preferably away from civilians. All else fails, do what you can to Ice Beam him in the face! I know you're getting weak, but I need you to do this for me!"

Swampert knew he had to go through with this and in response, prepares himself for battle.

"Hopefully, Crawdaunt's dizzyness will slow it down before it can hit. But just in case, I have to think of something to stop this before anyone here gets hurt."

Ricco continues to watch the battle as Swampert begins to make his move.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #78
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Jonouchi ~ You shout out encouragement to Kaio who pants heavily, exhausted from the two consecutive battles. He nods his head hearing your words, not wanting to fail his trainer. You issue one attack, a risky one since it would injure Kaio as well but your faithful Swampert would follow your orders till the end. He growls low in his throat before charging straight for Crawdaunt a faint green glow surrounding him. The lobster just about regains her senses before she sees a speeding Swampert heading her way. With no time to dodge or counter attack Kaio careens into her forcing her through the water with enough force to reach the docks, both pokemon slamming into them shaking the wooden structure. Fortunately whoever had built the docks had reinforced them with steel for storm weather and so they stood fast.

Both pokemon sunk underwater after the attack and you peer over the docks anxiously, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kaio. You see a dash of red slowly rise to the surface and brace yourself for the worst. Slowly Crawdaunt rises to the surface belly first KO'd, Kaio's attack had worked. Shortly following her was Kaio, still conscious as he smiles at you, looking exhausted and beaten. Level up for Kaio. You can't help but express your happiness as Kaio crawls out onto the dock with what energy he has left, embracing the water pokemon in a fierce hug.

The young girl and her father emerge from the safe view point and approach you, the young girl giggling happily, her Skitty bouncing in her arms, overjoyed by your victory.

"That was an amazing battle young man," the father says. "You managed to fend off both Corphish and Crawdaunt with only your Swampert, both of you must be very accomplished. We cannot thank you enough for saving Skitty. My home is not far from here, come with us and I'll get your Swampert healed, it's the least I can do for your heroic efforts."

You thank the man and follow him along the docks, allowing Swampert to rest in his ball for the journey. After a walking for 30 minutes you come across a small secluded beach with a decent sized beach house situated inland. Heading inside the young girl threw her bag onto a small table and ran into what looked like the kitchen. Taking your shoes off you walk inside and see the father holding out a towel for you.

"You got a good blast from that Surf," he says motioning for you dry yourself off. He walks off to another room before returning with a basket of healing items. Sending out Swampert once more he gives you a Super Potion, Elixir and Full Heal. Administering the medicine to Kaio he slowly awakens and instantly begins to feel better. The young girl returns holding a tray of cookies and a couple glasses of milk.

"Here you go, these always make me feel better," she says smiling, "I didn't tell you my name earlier, I'm Chloe, thank you very much mister for saving Hannah," The Skitty in question bounces up to Kaio and rubs up against him affectionately, blushing slightly, it seems she has a crush on her savior.

"That's the last of the Moo Moo Milk Daddy," Chloe calls out and her father looks over his shoulder with a determined glare.

"Now Chloe we talked about this"
"But Daddy"
"And especially after today. You are not ready for that journey, a lot of things could happen to you along the way and I won't be the one responsible for that."
"Daddy, I'm 9 years old, stop treating me like I'm 5. It's not far away, only a day's walk there and back. Me and my pokemon could make it."
"You two got into trouble just walking along the docks, I believe in you Chloe but I'm not going to risk you walking alone to Laramie Ranch."
"I won't be alone, Hannah will be with me, and of course Liger will be too. Won't you Liger?" she shouts and from upstairs and eager cry resounds, a blue and cream blur running down and leaping in front of its trainer flaring up its back. The Quilava looks eager for a stroll, or a battle as he eyes up you and Kaio warily.
"I said no Chloe, and that's final!"
"Oh Daddy, why don't you trust me? Mommy would have!" she yells bursting into tears before running outside and down onto the private beach. Liger and Hannah give the remaining humans in the room and sorrowful look before rushing after their trainer. Her father let a sigh escape his lips looking sorrowful himself.

"I'm sorry about that; Chloe just wants to grow up too fast. We do need the Moo Moo Milk but I can fetch it in a couple of weeks, work's keeping me busy. She'll come round soon - I'm sure" He says as an explanation, sounding a little unsure of himself.

"How about I cook us all a hearty meal? I make a mean steak, my way to properly thank you. So what brings you to Elyra Port?"
Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #79
Yami Ron
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via ICQ to Yami Ron Send a message via AIM to Yami Ron Send a message via MSN to Yami Ron Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Ron

Quote:
Yami Ron ~ Caught a little off guard by Rebecca's pokemon choice you comment as such, the young woman grinning expecting that reaction. Not to be put off by lady Bakura's level and lack of Ice type attacks you remind yourself that there are other ways to win. As Sandslash draws ever closer you give Lady Bakura her attack orders, the pretty pink Sneasel preparing herself to dodge Terran's first attack.

Rebecca's smile brightens and with a call of "Rollout Terran" you see a smirk flash across the Sandslash's face as he leaps up and lands back down on the sand in a ball rolling towards Lady Bakura with even greater speed, closing the distance. Your Sneasel looks alarmed and moves to dodge but doesn't make it in time, getting clipped by the super effective attack throwing her to the side landing in a heap on the beach. She pulls herself up only to see Terran change direction and move towards her once more. With a little more warning this time she leaps out of harms way and opens up her mouth wide firing out glowing green orbs of energy, the Bullet Seed manages to connect briefly before the speedy Sandslash rolls out of the line of fire.

Getting a little frustrated by her ineffective attacks, Lady Bakura calls on one that was sure to hit. She glows with blue energy calling forth a Surf from the nearest source of water, and that happened to be the sea to her left. A large wave emerges from the calm sea startling those who were swimming in it, causing them to rapidly swim for safety. Rushing up the roaring wave made its way to the arena causing all those in its path to run with haste to the side, a terrified scream echoed from a small child caught underneath. Fortunately a speedy Golduck that was nearby grabbed the child and dove for safety. Rebecca looked alarmed by the Surf attack and quickly shouted out some orders to her Sandlash.

"Terran, quickly Dig a little underground and stay there whilst in a Defense Curl," Terran quickly sets to work managing to Dig itself a little hole and curling into a ball hid inside. The wave finally crashes down washing over the beach arena, Lady Bakaura having managed to avoid the majority of her own attack. Rebecca looked for her Sandslash, worry evident in her eyes. Suddenly the ground erupts and Terran leaps out of his hole covered in wet sand. Shaking himself briefly he smiles to his trainer indicating that their plan had worked, though he had taken a hit from the attack it did not do as much damage as you would have liked. One thing was for sure, Rebecca sure had trained her pokemon well.

The spectacular Surf attack, although having irritated a few beach goers had attracted a small crowd who were now eagerly watching the battle unfold.

"Okay Terran, reduce Sneasel's accuracy with your Sand Attack," Rebecca calls out as Sandslash turns around digging his claws into the ground preparing his attack.
"Rebecca, that Sandslash of yours is trained very well. I'm glad to be battling such worthy opponents. Remember, Lady Bakura, that Terran is tough, but I know you are just as skilled."

"Sneee Sneasseel...." (Yeah, Terran up that .... is what I do best!) [Think of Starcraft]

"Lady Bakura! Watch your mouth! What would your mother think of such dialogue?"

"Snee snee snee!" (Well I know you were thinking the same thing.)

"Errrhm, anyways, unleash your Faint Attack on Rebecca's Sandslash. Then perform a Dig of your own while Terran is off guard."
Old 07-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #80
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ You shout out encouragement to Kaio who pants heavily, exhausted from the two consecutive battles. He nods his head hearing your words, not wanting to fail his trainer. You issue one attack, a risky one since it would injure Kaio as well but your faithful Swampert would follow your orders till the end. He growls low in his throat before charging straight for Crawdaunt a faint green glow surrounding him. The lobster just about regains her senses before she sees a speeding Swampert heading her way. With no time to dodge or counter attack Kaio careens into her forcing her through the water with enough force to reach the docks, both pokemon slamming into them shaking the wooden structure. Fortunately whoever had built the docks had reinforced them with steel for storm weather and so they stood fast.

Both pokemon sunk underwater after the attack and you peer over the docks anxiously, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kaio. You see a dash of red slowly rise to the surface and brace yourself for the worst. Slowly Crawdaunt rises to the surface belly first KO'd, Kaio's attack had worked. Shortly following her was Kaio, still conscious as he smiles at you, looking exhausted and beaten. Level up for Kaio. You can't help but express your happiness as Kaio crawls out onto the dock with what energy he has left, embracing the water pokemon in a fierce hug.

The young girl and her father emerge from the safe view point and approach you, the young girl giggling happily, her Skitty bouncing in her arms, overjoyed by your victory.

"That was an amazing battle young man," the father says. "You managed to fend off both Corphish and Crawdaunt with only your Swampert, both of you must be very accomplished. We cannot thank you enough for saving Skitty. My home is not far from here, come with us and I'll get your Swampert healed, it's the least I can do for your heroic efforts."

You thank the man and follow him along the docks, allowing Swampert to rest in his ball for the journey. After a walking for 30 minutes you come across a small secluded beach with a decent sized beach house situated inland. Heading inside the young girl threw her bag onto a small table and ran into what looked like the kitchen. Taking your shoes off you walk inside and see the father holding out a towel for you.

"You got a good blast from that Surf," he says motioning for you dry yourself off. He walks off to another room before returning with a basket of healing items. Sending out Swampert once more he gives you a Super Potion, Elixir and Full Heal. Administering the medicine to Kaio he slowly awakens and instantly begins to feel better. The young girl returns holding a tray of cookies and a couple glasses of milk.

"Here you go, these always make me feel better," she says smiling, "I didn't tell you my name earlier, I'm Chloe, thank you very much mister for saving Hannah," The Skitty in question bounces up to Kaio and rubs up against him affectionately, blushing slightly, it seems she has a crush on her savior.

"That's the last of the Moo Moo Milk Daddy," Chloe calls out and her father looks over his shoulder with a determined glare.

"Now Chloe we talked about this"
"But Daddy"
"And especially after today. You are not ready for that journey, a lot of things could happen to you along the way and I won't be the one responsible for that."
"Daddy, I'm 9 years old, stop treating me like I'm 5. It's not far away, only a day's walk there and back. Me and my pokemon could make it."
"You two got into trouble just walking along the docks, I believe in you Chloe but I'm not going to risk you walking alone to Laramie Ranch."
"I won't be alone, Hannah will be with me, and of course Liger will be too. Won't you Liger?" she shouts and from upstairs and eager cry resounds, a blue and cream blur running down and leaping in front of its trainer flaring up its back. The Quilava looks eager for a stroll, or a battle as he eyes up you and Kaio warily.
"I said no Chloe, and that's final!"
"Oh Daddy, why don't you trust me? Mommy would have!" she yells bursting into tears before running outside and down onto the private beach. Liger and Hannah give the remaining humans in the room and sorrowful look before rushing after their trainer. Her father let a sigh escape his lips looking sorrowful himself.

"I'm sorry about that; Chloe just wants to grow up too fast. We do need the Moo Moo Milk but I can fetch it in a couple of weeks, work's keeping me busy. She'll come round soon - I'm sure" He says as an explanation, sounding a little unsure of himself.

"How about I cook us all a hearty meal? I make a mean steak, my way to properly thank you. So what brings you to Elyra Port?"
Ricco saw the Crawdaunt emerge from the water, unable to battle, while Swampert comes up, still breathing harder than ever. Ricco's surprise soon became joy; The battle was finally over!

"KAIO!!!!" Ricco cheered. "WE DID IT!!!!"

Kaio swims up to the docks as he soon falls in exhaustion. Ricco runs up to him and hugs him tight.

"I knew you would come through for me." Ricco said. "I just knew it!"

Ricco takes out his Pokeball and calls his Swampert back.

"You were awesome. You deserve a nice rest."

He soon sees the girl running up to him, as well as the father, as she thanks Ricco for all he did. Ricco accepted the thanks and was requested that they come back to their house to heal Swampert and take a break. Ricco decides that this was a good idea and goes with them, taking one final look at the Crawdaunt in the distance. Ricco had never experienced a battle that fierce before.

----------------------------

Ricco soon arrives at their house as they go inside. He goes in last as he soon sends Kaio out. He lets out a happy "Swampert!" as he smiles at Ricco.

"You were great back there." Ricco said.

The man hands him some medicine and a towel for himself. Ricco takes them both and uses the Towel to clean himself after that barrage with the wave.

"All right, Swampert." Ricco began. "Let's get to work."

Ricco sits down with Swampert as he uses the medicine to heal him, beginning with the Super Potion to heal his wounds. Ricco was soon presented with a tray of cookies.

"Here you go, these always make me feel better." she says smiling.

"Why thank you." Ricco said.

Ricco happily takes the cookie and begins to eat, sharing some with Kaio. The girl's Skitty goes up to Swampert as she rubs up against him showing a slight blush in the process. The girl finally introduces herself as Chloe.

"I'm Ricco, nice to meet you." he said, giving Swampert the Full Heal.

The girl walks back to her dad as she talks about there not being any Moo-Moo Milk left. Ricco finally gets the Elixir ready as he begins to spray it on Kaio. While all this was going on, Ricco noticed them arguing. Suddenly another Pokemon flies down the stairs as it appeared to be a Quilava. The Fire type Pokemon eyes the two of them warily.

"Don't worry, he won't harm you." Ricco said, trying not to get in another fight.

Ricco continues to work with Kaio when suddenly, she bolts out the door, leaving Ricco to wonder what happened.

Ricco was worried about her.

"I'm here researching Aryle. I was hoping if you had any other information about it." Ricco said.
As he was waiting for him to respond, Ricco decided that there was something he could do to try and get some more information, also to reassure that little girl.

"Also, if it's all right with you, I can help her get the Milk from the ranch. I'm sure the two of us will do fine, not to mention I have the rest of my team to help me out along the way."

EDIT: Just wanted to tweak the last sentence a little.

Quote:
I think it would do the world good if every political situation, from an international hostage to the breakout of a war, could be solved by a one-on-one Wii Boxing with the nation's leaders. ~DonutTrooper from Gamespot.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #81
Sylar
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to Sylar Send a message via MSN to Sylar
Re: Lee's group - Update #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-san
Sylar: Deciding to harass Hitmonlee a little, you order Liza to do a Scary Face, and she proceeds to do so, making a horrible gesture at the Fighting type, who was just about to launch an attack, but hesitates now, the Scary Face having scared it too much for it to proceed.
After that, your Charizard spreads her wings, and flies towards Hitmonlee. Once near it, she flies upwards a little, keeping a good distance between herself and the Fighting type, and then flies in circles around its head. Impressed by that performance and still a little scared, Hitmonlee can't do anything now but watch.
Grinning at your Pokemon's success, you suddenly hear a booming voice:
"HEY, WHAT DO YA THINK YOU'RE DOING? DON'T STAND THERE SHAKING, ATTACK!"
Obviously, that came from Hitmonlee's trainer, who's looking extremely furious now.
Shaking its head, Hitmonlee focuses again, having overcome its fear, and proceeds to attack. It bends its knees, and then jumps upwards, its left foot extracted, which is glowing white with pure energy. Seeing the Fighting type quickly approaching like that, Liza remembers your orders, and shoots an incredibly powerful blast of superheated air, mixed with tiny flames towards her opponent. Your Charizard executed the attack just in time, as the attack hits Hitmonlee just a few feet away, and it is thrown back towards the ground, having suffered a lot of damage. Not ready to give up yet though, it arises again and looks up towards Charizard, only to see the Fire type rushing down towards it, claws extended for a Slash attack. Knowing that it can't avoid the attack, it simply stands there, gritting its teeth, and Endures the attack. Liza slashes Hitmonlee and deals some damage, though not was much since Hitmonlee used Endure and is still toughened up thanks to Curse.
Suddenly, Hitmonlee starts moving about in an odd fashion while looking tauntingly at Liza. You don't quite get what it is doing, but your Charizard surely does, as it suddenly roars loudly, shooting out flames from its mouth, once of which almost fries you up. Apparently, Hitmonlee attempted a Swagger attack, and succeeded - Liza is now more powerful, but also less likely to obey you.
Liza didn't take any damage this round but used up a good deal of energy. Hitmonlee on the opposite took a large amount of damage, and used a medium amount of energy. All in all, Hitmonlee can't take much of a beating anymore, so 1 or 2 more rounds like this one should finish it off. Though don't underestimate it and its trainer, as they still might have some tricks up their sleeve..what will you do? But keep in mind, your Pokemon might disobey you..
"Okay Liza, it's time to finish this battle once and for all!" exclaimed Joe, who was trying to make the situation more dramatic than it actually was. But, a quick burst of flame from his Charizard's mouth soon fixed that.

"Ow. Okay, sorry. But, we do need to finish this, and here's how you're going to do it. First, start off by using another Smokescreen to cloud it's vision, followed by flying over near it, but not too close, and unleashing your newest move, Fire Spin, into the cloud of smoke. Finally, if Hitmonlee tries to attack at any point, swing around, and smack it in the face with Iron Tail, okay?"

Charizard quickly nodded, to which Joe smiled, to which Charizard nodded once again. Or maybe she was still nodding. Who knows? But nonetheless, Liza took to the skies, and began her attack.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #82
Eon
Pokemon Trainer

To my updatees: Sorry about the long wait, but school is over now so I should be updating more regularly.

Lilbluecorsola: Ralts shook her head. Sorry Jess, but I haven't grown enough to learn Teleport yet. You groan inwardly and begin to look around for a way out. Deciding to go throgh a nearby passage way, you, Ralts, and Bobble begin to walk through the tunnel. Unfortunately, two Team Magma members suddenly appear from around a corner. You, Ralts, and Bobble all freeze, afraid. Before they notice you, however, they fall to the ground, apparently unconcious. An Alakazam walks into view, followed by a dark-haired man, apparently the Alakazam's trainer.

"We have to get out of here quickly," the man says, running up towards you. "More of Team Magma's members will be coming soon. My Alakazam can Teleport us out." You nod, and all of you are surrounded by a blue light as Alakazam Teleports you all. You reappear in a cool, bright room with several other people in it.

"Sorry about that," the man says. "My name is Jack. I'm guessing you have a lot of questions about who I am, and what this all is." How will you respond?

Joshua: You and Tessie walk to the farm, drawing the attention of the people working the field, though none stop or walk towards you. Eventually, you reach what looks like a house in the middle of the farm. You knock and wait for nearly a minute before a harassed-looking woman opens the door. You open your mouth, but she cuts you off before you can say anything.

"Please! You must go!" she says frantically. Confused, you begin to ask what was wrong, but she cuts you off again. "Please, just leave. She'll be here any minute! Sh-- A loud explosion stops her mid-sentence. You and the woman race towards the source of the sound. Turning a corner, you see a young woman in dark clothing with a Seviper and a Gengar next to her.

"Gengar, Shadow Ball again!" the woman says. Gengar nods, a sphere of dark energy already growing in front of him. He waits for it to reach about the size of a beach ball, then releases it. The Shadow Ball hurls through the air, exploding on contact with the wall of another building. You notice a large hole on another building and realize that another Shadow Ball must have been the source of the first explosion.

"Please, stop!" the woman says tearfully. "We're doing the best we can. But the Nightbringers demand so much - We just can't meet the quota you've asked for."

"That's not my problem, Elsa." The woman responds coldly. "Seviper." Her Seviper slithers forward quickly and wraps itself around Elsa, putting the poisonous blade at the tip of its tail to her neck. What will you do now?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #83
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Lilbluecorsola: Ralts shook her head. Sorry Jess, but I haven't grown enough to learn Teleport yet. You groan inwardly and begin to look around for a way out. Deciding to go throgh a nearby passage way, you, Ralts, and Bobble begin to walk through the tunnel. Unfortunately, two Team Magma members suddenly appear from around a corner. You, Ralts, and Bobble all freeze, afraid. Before they notice you, however, they fall to the ground, apparently unconcious. An Alakazam walks into view, followed by a dark-haired man, apparently the Alakazam's trainer.

"We have to get out of here quickly," the man says, running up towards you. "More of Team Magma's members will be coming soon. My Alakazam can Teleport us out." You nod, and all of you are surrounded by a blue light as Alakazam Teleports you all. You reappear in a cool, bright room with several other people in it.

"Sorry about that," the man says. "My name is Jack. I'm guessing you have a lot of questions about who I am, and what this all is." How will you respond?
That's all right, Jess thought in response when she saw Ralts shake her head. Guess we'll just have to keep looking for a way out. Not having much else to go on besides their intuition, the group simply headed towards the nearest exit from the room. They hurried down the corridor, not wanting to stick around for when that guy Maxie returned with his shadow Pokémon, whatever those were.

She halted abruptly, as did the two Pokémon beside her. There, at the end of the tunnel, were two more Magma members coming around the corner. Jess panicked slightly, realizing there wasn't anywhere to hide in the middle of a straight passage. She was sure to be spotted. Next to her, Bobble moved forward to prepare a pre-emptive attack, but stopped again in surprise, forgetting to launch it. To their amazement, the grunts had slumped suddenly to the floor, as if they'd been knocked out by something. As Jess stared at the scene, bemused, the answer appeared in the form of an Alakazam emerging from around the corner, followed by what appeared to be its trainer.

The stranger noticed her instantly, and sprinted towards them with his Alakazam. Snapping back, Bobble once again took a defensive stance, unsure whether to trust this dark-haired man. The man ignored this and hastily spoke to her. "We have to get out of here quickly. More of Team Magma's members will be coming soon. My Alakazam can TELEPORT us out." Slightly confused, Jess nodded mutely in agreement. Immediately they all became engulfed in a blue radiance, and the corridor left her field of vision. It was swiftly replaced with an image of a cool, brightly lit room filled with a number of other people, who turned expectantly at their arrival.

"Sorry about that," the man said in a more relaxed tone than a minute before. He then started to introduce himself. "My name is Jack. I'm guessing you have a lot of questions about who I am, and what this all is."

Jess still felt a little disoriented and expected him to continue, so she didn't answer right away. She looked down briefly to see Bobble and Ralts standing next to her, and felt better knowing they'd all made it out safely. She looked at the man, thinking she could probably trust him after he'd helped them out.

"Um, yes," she murmured. "First of all, where are we? And what were you doing back at the Magma base?" She paused. "Do you know why they were after Ralts? And, do you know what are Shadow Pokémon?"

Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
Old 07-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #84
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87

Cyrus examined his one-way ticket to adventure ... he flipped it over to examine the fine print ... and then he made the biggest decision of his life: to set foot into the Twilight Realm. There was no going back ...

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_ ~_~_~_~

"All ashore!"

Cyrus had a knot in his stomach brought on by a mix of anxiety about the journey that lay ahead and sea sickness from the journey over to Elyra Port. But no amount of sea sickness could keep his smile at bay; throwing his backpack over his green cotton tee, Cyrus looked down at his best friend.

"Ready?"
"CHIKA!"

Cyrus had wanted company on the boat ride. He was all alone -- Cyrus didn't know any of the other passengers and, shy by nature, had not really struck up much of a conversation with any of them that had lasted for more than three minutes. Bringing out his Chikorita from the PokéBall on his belt, Cyrus was instantly relieved to see her sparkling red eyes showed none of the tell-tale signs of sea sickness he was sure she could see in his.

Cyrus smirked, remembering what had happened next, as Chikorita began to waft her broad leaf back and forth, like a makeshift fan. Cyrus could feel the cool air on his cheek -- it was soft, gentle. It put his mind at ease as he rode across the choppy waters. Cyrus was not made for the sea.

Cyrus snapped out of this reverie as the boat gently knocked its hull against the pier; it was slow, but the momentum of the vessel threw Cyrus forward a bit and he had to catch himself. Passengers were picking up their belongings and preparing to disembark. "Celes, return!" Cyrus called out to Chikorita. And as the little broad-leaf Pokémon returned to her PokéBall, her trainer took his first look upon the port city of Elyra ...

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_ ~_~_~_~

Out of Character: Hello! I am excited about the prospect of beginning my first adventure in a mainstream Zone and would like to introduce myself to whoever my Updator will be. In accordance with the advice on the first page, I'll clarify right now that I would be interested in visiting the Forest of Mystery once I'm ready to leave the Elyra Plains, and so I hope that somebody who shares as much enthusiasm for the Pokémon of the Forest as I do will take interest in my application. For a more lengthy version of this OOC note, click here.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #85
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
Dark Fire - You and Drought begin your trek to your new destination, asking around for directions. Luckily enough, a friendly stranger seems willing to help you. "Head through the Elyra Fields, to Auron Village, and from there, up Empyrean Mountain, which will eventually lead you to the Fire Temple. Be careful though, it's not an easy trip."

You thank him, and set out, leaving Elyra Port to enter Elyra Fields. As you trek through the grassy meadows, you hear the sounds of "FAR!" behind you, and turn around just in time to avoid being struck in the face by a leek!

Leaping backwards, you find a Farfetch'd standing in front of you, a small girl behind the bird. She giggles at you, as though attacking you was amusing. "The nice lady in green told me she'd give me a lollypop if I battled you with my Fetchy here," she says, indicating the lollypop she was eating and then the Farfetch'd in front of her.

Your reaction?
The duo slowly made their way through town, putting as much distance from themselves and the gruesome murder scene. Here and there Rayne spots several people and asks for direction coming up with empty responses here or being outright ignored there.

"This whole dark business has got everyone riled up hey Drought?" Rayne asked aloud.

<I suppose. Can we speed this up please?> Came the expected reply. Not even a few minutes later Rayne finally met up with someone who was actually willing to help. As the stranger recited the direction Rayne mentally told Drought to record this information in her vast brain. <Elyra Fields - Auron Village - I could probably make it there by myself within a few days. Shame I'm stuck with you for the trek.>

"Shut up. You'd get nowhere." Rayne screamed back, angry at her standoff attitude. What Rayne forgot was the fact that the informant had no clue that the Ninetales sitting and licking her paw had the ability to communicate mentally. The confused face told Rayne of his mistake. "Ohh, I'm sorry. My Vulpix was speaking with me - who am I kidding you wouldn't believe me anyway." With a sigh he thanked the stranger and began walking off. Just before rounding the corner Drought sent out a telepathic message to the person with a message of thanks, scaring him slightly.

After a few more minutes of walking and getting eyed suspiciously by the locals Rayne got his first glance of the Elyra Fields, a vast plain stretching as far as he could see in all direction. A little awed by the impressive vastness of the place Rayne didn't even notice a high pitch wail coming from behind him. Lucky for him his Ninetales was all too ready, easily deflecting the leek out of harms way. By the time he turned around, Drought was already flaring with her usual dark energy and sitting in her customary battle stance; a calm sitting position - a calm facade he knew.

"The nice lady in green told me she'd give me a lollypop if I battled you with my Fetchy here." A young girl licking a lollypop acknowledged him, pointing naively at her duck pokemon. Rayne could only guess what was in the lollypop. He sincerely hoped it wasn't spiked with some venom.

"I'll battle you," He replied with a fake smile. "But first answer me these. Did the lady in the green have a tattoo? If so, I would like to know where she went. I'm looking for her." He finished trying to sound as pleasant as possible, and not tip her off on the real situation.

"Ready? My Vulpix won't go easy on you. Drought use Will-O-Wisp, and quickly follow up with Confuse Ray. Finish up with a Heatwave." Rayne commanded.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #86
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Joshua: You and Tessie walk to the farm, drawing the attention of the people working the field, though none stop or walk towards you. Eventually, you reach what looks like a house in the middle of the farm. You knock and wait for nearly a minute before a harassed-looking woman opens the door. You open your mouth, but she cuts you off before you can say anything.

"Please! You must go!" she says frantically. Confused, you begin to ask what was wrong, but she cuts you off again. "Please, just leave. She'll be here any minute! Sh-- A loud explosion stops her mid-sentence. You and the woman race towards the source of the sound. Turning a corner, you see a young woman in dark clothing with a Seviper and a Gengar next to her.

"Gengar, Shadow Ball again!" the woman says. Gengar nods, a sphere of dark energy already growing in front of him. He waits for it to reach about the size of a beach ball, then releases it. The Shadow Ball hurls through the air, exploding on contact with the wall of another building. You notice a large hole on another building and realize that another Shadow Ball must have been the source of the first explosion.

"Please, stop!" the woman says tearfully. "We're doing the best we can. But the Nightbringers demand so much - We just can't meet the quota you've asked for."

"That's not my problem, Elsa." The woman responds coldly. "Seviper." Her Seviper slithers forward quickly and wraps itself around Elsa, putting the poisonous blade at the tip of its tail to her neck. What will you do now?
OOC: No need to apology Eon, we understand how taxing school can be. And apologies on the short reply, I'm low on time as I type this.

Joshua didn't even have time to think, his body instantly acting in accordance to his morals. A burst of light saw Michael the Umbreon erupting from his Pokeball, readying a Psychic to telekinetically remove the Seviper from the poor girl, or at least hold it in place should he not prove strong enough to uncoil it. In another motion, Beau the Scizor was released, a quick burst of Agility ready to threaten this mysterious woman with his claws, for a taste of his own medicine.

As his Pokemon readied their actions, Joshua turned to this strange woman. "Listen lady, I don't know who the hell you are, and I know that I'm probably butting in where I don't belong, but I really don't care. I won't let you hurt this girl, not while I'm still alive!" A few memories of close brushes with death flickered into Joshua's mind, making him instantly regret his choice of words, but he stood his ground, Tessie the Arcanine glaring at the Gengar, ready to react should any attacks be made towards her trainer.
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 07-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #87
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Whee, double-posting!

Dragon 11: Arcturus looks at you with a irritated glance, staring at you with distaste. "You asked if a vampire queen is human? Doesn't the term 'vampire' clarify that? Perhaps we chose poorly asking you to help us"

"Don't be so arrogant, Arcturus," a feminine voice sounds, and another Crobat drops from the ceiling to stand beside him. Turning to you, she speaks directly to you. "I am Angeline, and if you wish it, I will accompany you. But in regards to your questions, I will tell you what we know."

"Camula is not human, hence why we need you to acquire these artifacts. Together, their powers would restrain Camula's vampiric nature long enough for you to defeat her, and liberate us."

"In regards to the Light Avatar, we are creatures who dwell in darkness and shadow, and shun the Light. I am afraid we cannot help you in that aspect, but I may know someone who can, but we cannot reach them at this point."

"Now, if I were to accompany you" she trails off, gesturing to a dark stairway at the end of the room. "Will you descend into the Eastern Dungeon to locate the Soul Mirror?"

Your response?

Lee-san: Greed struggles in the vines, and while Guts readies himself to deal with the Arbok, you climb on Najid's back, Saria supported in front of you so as not to fall. Guts cracks his knuckles, slamming his fists into the ground to blast a large cavalry of rocks up to strike the Arbok, smacking it around a fair bit. Readying the Ice Punch, Guts looks up just in time to see the Arbok lunging at him. Fist and fang meet in the middle, and two loud cracks can be heard, both Pokemon flying back a bit.

Arbok now lies face down on the ground, his jaw looking decidedly broken. Level Up For Guts! But the poor Geodude seems to be worse for wear, his fist now containing several cracks, and a lucid purple liquid visible around the wound. Recalling Guts, Najid readies himself to run, before you hear Greed's voice.

"You can run, kid, but you can't hide her from me. And I'd worry about your Geodude if I were you" Najid speeds off, leaving Greed and the Arbok behind, and you with a troubled expression on your face.

After a few minutes of harsh running, Najid arrives at the edge of the forest. Continuing his trek, he heads through a gap between trees - Before a brilliant green flash flares up, hurling Najid, you and Saria backwards, sprawling across the ground.

"He who travels with the Forest Sage. Know that only with her guidance may you enter this realm" A voice floats out of the forest, followed by a loud buzzing noise, heralding the appearance of four large and very angry Beedrill.

In five rounds, Saria will awaken. Until then, I suggest you focus on keeping both yourself, and her, alive. What will you do?

Dark Fire:
Vulpix, Ninetales? You used both as descriptions of Drought in your reply. What is she exactly?

The little girl continues to lick at her lollypop, giggling at your questions. "The lady said that I can only tell you that if you beat me. She left me a message for you too, but that's only if you win. Fetchy, Double Team and Cut attack!"

As Drought readies her Will-O-Wisp, the Farfetch'd splits into seven clones, Drought's flame eliminating one. The Farfetch'd races towards her, the Confuse Ray ripping through another clone. The leek descends across Drought's back, and leaves a bloody cut down Drought's fur, angering the fiery fox, who promptly scorches the now solo bird with a Heatwave, knocking it flying backwards, slightly scorched.

"That's not fair!" The little girl wails, causing you to hold your head in pain at her high-pitched whine. "Fetchy, another Double Team to wait him out, then use a Fury Attack, and then Cut again!"

Your reaction?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 AM   #88
Dragon 11
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Dragon 11: Arcturus looks at you with a irritated glance, staring at you with distaste. "You asked if a vampire queen is human? Doesn't the term 'vampire' clarify that? Perhaps we chose poorly asking you to help us"

"Don't be so arrogant, Arcturus," a feminine voice sounds, and another Crobat drops from the ceiling to stand beside him. Turning to you, she speaks directly to you. "I am Angeline, and if you wish it, I will accompany you. But in regards to your questions, I will tell you what we know."

"Camula is not human, hence why we need you to acquire these artifacts. Together, their powers would restrain Camula's vampiric nature long enough for you to defeat her, and liberate us."

"In regards to the Light Avatar, we are creatures who dwell in darkness and shadow, and shun the Light. I am afraid we cannot help you in that aspect, but I may know someone who can, but we cannot reach them at this point."

"Now, if I were to accompany you" she trails off, gesturing to a dark stairway at the end of the room. "Will you descend into the Eastern Dungeon to locate the Soul Mirror?"

Your response?
Yay, updates.

Aero took a second to compremend this information. Well, I still don't know exactly what I'm up against. Oh well, I might as well help them. They may be able to direct me to someone who knows about the Light Avatar. He looked over at his Flygon, who just shrugged.

Then he turned to Arctucus and Angeline. "Will you be able to reach the person who knows about the Light Avatar. Needless, with your company, I will gladly help."

Aero gave a bow and smiled at the clan leader, and walked to the end of the room and started down down the stairs, followed shortly by Flygon, Sandstorm. Sandstorm took a look back before going down the stairs.

FB PC
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM   #89
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Dark Fire: Vulpix, Ninetales? You used both as descriptions of Drought in your reply. What is she exactly?

The little girl continues to lick at her lollypop, giggling at your questions. "The lady said that I can only tell you that if you beat me. She left me a message for you too, but that's only if you win. Fetchy, Double Team and Cut attack!"

As Drought readies her Will-O-Wisp, the Farfetch'd splits into seven clones, Drought's flame eliminating one. The Farfetch'd races towards her, the Confuse Ray ripping through another clone. The leek descends across Drought's back, and leaves a bloody cut down Drought's fur, angering the fiery fox, who promptly scorches the now solo bird with a Heatwave, knocking it flying backwards, slightly scorched.

"That's not fair!" The little girl wails, causing you to hold your head in pain at her high-pitched whine. "Fetchy, another Double Team to wait him out, then use a Fury Attack, and then Cut again!"

Your reaction?
OOC: Still Vulpix, sorry about that. I thought I changed all of them.

Rayne watched on as this round turned out to be basically fruitless. None of the moves had the effect he wanted them to have. By the looks of it Drought didn't much enjoy the gash she received from the impish and devilishly fast bird. He could sense her slowly getting consumed by her rage, soon she'd go on her rampage.

"Let's drop this soft approach." Rayne commented.

<Let's.> Was the brief reply.

"First Taunt the bird, so he can't fool you. This is going to be a strictly fighting duel, on his part at least." Rayne teased.

<See, this is what I like. Force them into submission.> She interrupted again. Rayne scowled, knowing all to well that the girl was getting ready for her move.

"Next attempt a Hypnosis. If it fails, and he uses his cut attack again, disable it." Rayne was sure this was going to please the little twisted fox. What he was beginning to question is since when had he become so alike to his Vulpix. He usually steered clear of ordering such aggressive tactics, unless it was a desperate situation. Upon review he realized he was in quite a predicament. He had to finish the fight quickly.

<Yes we need to finish this duck quickly.> Was the last comment made by Drought before she readied for the next round of fighting.

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #90
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Lee-san: Greed struggles in the vines, and while Guts readies himself to deal with the Arbok, you climb on Najid's back, Saria supported in front of you so as not to fall. Guts cracks his knuckles, slamming his fists into the ground to blast a large cavalry of rocks up to strike the Arbok, smacking it around a fair bit. Readying the Ice Punch, Guts looks up just in time to see the Arbok lunging at him. Fist and fang meet in the middle, and two loud cracks can be heard, both Pokemon flying back a bit.

Arbok now lies face down on the ground, his jaw looking decidedly broken. Level Up For Guts! But the poor Geodude seems to be worse for wear, his fist now containing several cracks, and a lucid purple liquid visible around the wound. Recalling Guts, Najid readies himself to run, before you hear Greed's voice.

"You can run, kid, but you can't hide her from me. And I'd worry about your Geodude if I were you" Najid speeds off, leaving Greed and the Arbok behind, and you with a troubled expression on your face.

After a few minutes of harsh running, Najid arrives at the edge of the forest. Continuing his trek, he heads through a gap between trees - Before a brilliant green flash flares up, hurling Najid, you and Saria backwards, sprawling across the ground.

"He who travels with the Forest Sage. Know that only with her guidance may you enter this realm" A voice floats out of the forest, followed by a loud buzzing noise, heralding the appearance of four large and very angry Beedrill.

In five rounds, Saria will awaken. Until then, I suggest you focus on keeping both yourself, and her, alive. What will you do?
"Oh great, out of the frying pan into the fire..I just can't get seem to get a rest in this place" Lee thought to himself as he saw the four angry Beedrills approaching. Though he wondered who or what that voice belonged to, what happened to Greed and what he meant by his parting words, Lee couldn't worry about those things now - he had to protect himself and Saria and defeat those Beedrills, or at least hold them off long enough.
There were four Beedrills - Najid, being very powerful and of the superior Fire type, might have been handle to them himself, but Lee wasn't gonna take any risks. Taking a Pokeball from his belt, Lee threw it and released the Pokemon inside - Nuray, his Jolteon.
"Alright Nuray, listen up - I want you to support Naji here in defeating those Beedrills. Try to hold them off as best as you can, and don't let them get near Saria, she needs to be protected at all costs. Once you see a Beedrill getting close to her or to me, direct your attacks to that one - otherwise, just pick whichever target you like.
Najid, first I want you to give Nuray a Helping Hand. Then, try to trap one of the Beedrills inside a Fire Spin and finish by frying another one up with your Flamethrower.
Nuray, after Najid gave you a Helping Hand, attack one of the Beedrills with a Thunderbolt, then hit another one with a Dragonbreath. Finally, try to paralyze one with a long-held Thunder Wave. That should do the trick.."
Having given his orders, Lee moved closer to Saria, so that, should his Arcanine and Jolteon somehow fail to protect them, he could attempt to shield her. Suddenly, the trainer remembered what Greed told him as he was about to ride off..
And I'd worry about your Geodude if I were you"
Taking out Guts' Friend Ball, Lee released the Rock type, and indeed - he seemed to be in a pretty bad shape. Noticing the purple liquid around one of the wounds he had suffered, Lee assumed that Arbok had somehow managed to poison Guts. This wasn't good..but luckily, Lee had something in his backpack that should help Guts out. Rummaging through it, pushing aside several items of food, clothes and other supplies, he finally found what he was looking for - an Antidote. Applying the spray-type medicin to Guts' wound, Lee hoped that this would cure his Pokemon.
Calling out to his Arcanine and Jolteon, Lee said "Guys, I'm counting on you, I know you can do it! Facing four enemies at once might be difficult, but you can handle it, I'm sure of that. Do your best!"
Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 AM   #91
ForeverFlygon
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to ForeverFlygon

Elyra Field:

Lonely Wanderer - Making your way through the port, you decide to follow the masses, as you really don't have a clue yet as to where Atrea city is located. The group of people thins out the further you walk, with people heading off for different places, however, you and a few others soon end up outside the walls, and on the brink of the large Elyra Field.
With both mountains and forests in view, you are quite amazed, however, no city is to be seen. You ask the others, and one of them knows the route to Atrea, however, none of them are actually heading there.
You begin to walk in the directions you have been given, with Lilac fluttering above your head, like happy Butterfree do. Passing by the occasional tree, you hear what you believe is the quarreling of two Spearows. You note some Sentrets that have discovered your presence, and started to chatter with each other, one standing on its tail, observing you. Some hide in their holes, but most of them are intrigued but your bright violet hair, and suddenly, two appear from holes hidden in the grass just a few meters away from you. Lilac jumps at first, however soon realise that they pose no threat to you, and proceed to stay float with a little more grace above your head.
But not everyone likes you that much, unfortunately, which a Furret makes clear by tackling your legs from behind, making you fall down on all four, while the Furret quickly instructs the younger Sentret to get to safety. Then, it turns its head towards you, with, in its own opinion, a menacing grin. Seems like the sayings are true, these pokémon are quite territorial. And most people would only see two options in this scenario; fight, or flee. What will you do?

Shadowshocker - The boy, at first taken aback slightly by your immediate response, quickly hides his surprise, and whips out a Pokéball from seemingly nowhere. Throwing it with all his might into the air, you wait for a Pokémon to appear, as the ball starts to close in on the ground, with a gradually increasing speed. However, the ball smashes into the ground, and still nothing happens. The boy, now more openly surprised, rushed to the ball, but as he picks it up, swears and throws it as far away into the other direction as possible.
You laugh quietly as you realise it was an empty Pokéball he had thrown, and he takes yet another Pokéball, and throws it, this time not quite as high, and from it a small brown creature materializes and stands up on it's fluffy tail while squeaking; a Sentret.
"All right Sentret, this will be easy! Just use a Sand Attack, and then Tackle it!" Sentret squeals again, having now adapted its eyes to the bright sunlight, and now looking determinedly at Sentret. What will ye doeth?

Xuande - You, as well as a number of other trainers, get off the boat, all eager to get to whatever destinations they have in mind. Reading the signpost, you find a road that will lead you out of the port and to the field. You soon (after some more signpost-reading) find yourself outside of the protecting walls, with the great Elyra Field in front of you. The Forest of Mystery requires you to head in a mainly eastern direction, and you being to walk with your trusty partner Celes next to you.

Already inside the forest in your mind, however the reality is different, which a fierce small bird kindly reminds you through a dive-bombing mainly aimed at you. Pulling you mind back into the present, you narrowly evade it's attack, perhaps thanks to it still being a very young bird. Looking at it's lightbrown and beige feathers as it pulls up a bit clumsily from it's dive, you instantly identify it as a Pidgey. And clearly, it doesn't want you near it's tree that is located on your left. Seeing as they are so territorial, running away is an option, but are you one to back down from a challenge? Is fighting really better than fleeing? Well, this time, you're the one to decide!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM   #92
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlygon
Elyra Field:
Shadowshocker - The boy, at first taken aback slightly by your immediate response, quickly hides his surprise, and whips out a Pokéball from seemingly nowhere. Throwing it with all his might into the air, you wait for a Pokémon to appear, as the ball starts to close in on the ground, with a gradually increasing speed. However, the ball smashes into the ground, and still nothing happens. The boy, now more openly surprised, rushed to the ball, but as he picks it up, swears and throws it as far away into the other direction as possible.
You laugh quietly as you realise it was an empty Pokéball he had thrown, and he takes yet another Pokéball, and throws it, this time not quite as high, and from it a small brown creature materializes and stands up on it's fluffy tail while squeaking; a Sentret.
"All right Sentret, this will be easy! Just use a Sand Attack, and then Tackle it!" Sentret squeals again, having now adapted its eyes to the bright sunlight, and now looking determinedly at Sentret. What will ye doeth?
Shadow brought his hand to his mouth, partly to pause for thought and partly to mask the laughter he was trying his best to stifle. The rational sector of his brain began to analyse the situation at hand. The boy, it seemed, hardly any more experienced than he was. Yet, in the current situation, both of their Pokemon had a certain degree of innate resistance to each other. A long, hard slog seemed inevitable.

Or did it? Shadow ran his mind through Grim's capabilities. The smile of mirth that was on his lips a few moments ago transitioned into a grin of knowing certain victory.

"Grim!" he declared. "Close your eyes and move around! That Sentret's moves will just phase through your ethereal mode! Then use Disable to stop it from using Tackle!"

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Old 07-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #93
Eon
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress
Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Eon: Arriving amidst the hustle and bustle of the thriving Elyra Port, you wonder how a land as highly populated as this could have remained off the radar for so long. Though Elyra is a popular tourist destination, it has only in recent months been attracting more than the usual number of travellers. All that aside, today is an excellent day to have begun your new adventure. The sun is shining strong, and the salty sea air drifting in from the open ocean has a pleasant feel to it. The cries of Wingull and Pelipper can be heard all around, some circling overhead waiting for a chance to steal their favourite treats from one of the many stalls on the docks selling freshly caught seafood while the more daring risk being crushed in the crowd to scavenge for titbits dropped by careless merchants and customers. While there are several places to visit in the port area, your interest lays elsewhere. Turning toward the main walkway leading out of Elyra Port, you begin your journey into Elyra Field where thoughts of Silver Lake and a darker world fill your mind.

Several minutes later, leaving Elyra Port behind, you emerge into a large expanse of open plains. You had an idea that Elyra Field will be huge, but its sheer size causes you to take a moment to reflect upon your preconceptions. The field is beyond massive, and as Elyra's central hub of activity, highly populated. You only now realise it will take a good half day to reach the lake, but in the meantime there is no harm in enjoying a stroll through the field. Men, women, children, and Pokémon roam the vast acreage. Families are picnicking everywhere, trainers are engaging in friendly battles, couples are strolling hand in hand, travellers are referring to maps or asking for directions from the locals. In the distance you see two enormous mountains, one with steam wafting from its peak creating the faint outline of a smoky ring hovering in the air above it, the other seeming to be surrounded by an icy haze. These are of little concern to you however, as it's the attraction of Silver Lake which has your interest.

Following the signposts you head off toward the lake with Dawn and Mirage by your side. Their presence is drawing the attention of quite a few curious eyes as these kinds of Pokémon are far from common in Elyra. You are not fazed by this however, instead feeling a sense of pride in your team whom you have earned through hard work and determination. Having strangers see the bond you share with them now can only reflect well upon you, but you can't help but be a little nervous by the disturbing gaze of a man on the trail ahead whose eyes have a greedy sheen to them. While he walks toward you, his eyes fixed upon your Pokémon, your guard goes up while you prepare for the possibility of trouble. You're quickly distracted though as the excited voice of a young woman comes out of nowhere.

"Billy!" she cries, and before you know it you're swept up in the embrace of a beautiful girl of around eighteen, her long dark hair, clear complexion and sapphire blue eyes causing a confusing array of emotions to override your defensive system. Planting a kiss on your cheek, she behaves like someone who has known you for a lifetime, and you're beside yourself wondering how to react.

"Go along with me," she whispers in your ear, confusing you even more. "Act like you're happy to see me and give me a hug".

"I can't believe you're back!â" she continues, this time loud enough to be overheard. "I was beginning to think you'd never return but here you are! It's so good to see you!"

Out of the corner of your eye you notice the strange man has diverted from his course, now travelling away from you, but whether or not you should comply with this beautiful young woman's wishes and pretend you're long lost friends is something you'll have to consider very quickly if you are to keep up this rather bizarre and highly confusing charade...
Eon starts walking out of Elyra Port, Dawn and Mirage by his side, eager to start his exploration of this new land. His mind was already swirling with the possibilities of the mysteries that awaited him in this magical place. As soon as he reached Elyra Field, those thoughts disappeared as Eon looked around at all the people. Families playing, friends talking, trainers battling. Although his Pokemon were drawing quite a few stares, they didn't bother Eon until he noticed one man in particular whose stare was not one of curiosity, but one of greed. Starting to become nervous, Eon starts to walk a tad quicker when, out of the blue, a young woman runs up and embraces him, acting as though they had known each other for years. She whispers in his ear to go along with her ruse. Despite his confusion at the woman's behavior, Eon made a split-second decision. He embraced her as well and plastered the most realistic smile on his face that he could muster, trying not to look too surprised. "It's great to see you too, um.. you. Did you really think I wouldn't return? I just went to, er.. Sapphire Island for a few weeks." Eon tried not to glance at the man who had been following him, lest he rouse his suspicions. He muttered to Dawn out of the corner of his mouth, "Dawn, you and Mirage keep your eyes open. If that man, or anyone else tries anything remotely suspicious, tell Mirage to use a Psychic to blast them into a wall. That should give us enough time to get away from them." Eon looked back at the woman, hoping their makeshift rouse would be enough to deter the man from whatever he was trying to do.

PC Pokemon:
Angel Lv. 50 Luna Lv. 100 Stratus Lv. 29 Oz Lv. 5 Cascade Lv. 5 Senna Lv. 100 Melody Lv. 5 Levin Lv. 5
Old 07-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #94
Eon
Pokemon Trainer

Yay, updates aren't late!

Lilbluecorsola: "Well, in order of he questions you asked, we are in an underground facility in Atrea," Jack said. "But before I can explain to you what we were doing in the Magma Base, you first have to understand about the organization that I and the rest of the people here belong to: the Lightbearers."

"Now, I'm sure you've heard all the legends about our world, right? Elysia, Aryle, and all the magic that exists here? Well, I don't know about Elysia and Aryle, but magic exists here. Now, most of that magic is benevolent or neutral. But there has been dark magic as well. Most of the darkness is supposedly in Aryle, but there is a bit here. It's small and it's hidden, but it exists. It's a balance thing. Good can't exist without evil, stuff like that."

"Well, there have always been a few people here who have been drawn to the darkness rather than the light. It's a sort of cult, worshipping evil gods and praying for death and destruction. Basically it's a bunch of nutbags and sociopaths. They call themselves the Nightbringers, because that is their eventual goal, to bring perpetual night to Elyra. They never gained much support, though, because most people would be opposed to that sort of thing."

"Recently, however, the Nightbringers have begun to gain power and members. We don't know how or why, but if it continues, they may soon have enough resources to actually complete their goal. So, our organization was formed to fight the growing threat, hence our name. Now, to get back to your question, we have reason to believe that the Nightbringers have recently infiltrated Team Magma to use their resources for their own agenda. The fact that it seems that Team Magma now has access to Shadow Pokemon only confirms our fears."

"As to what Shadow Pokemon are, they are Pokemon whose hearts whose hearts have been corrupted by darkness, turning them evil. Shadow Pokemon are ruthless and merciless, essentially killing machines. That's why Team Magma is interested in them."

"Now, normally, it is very difficult to turn Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon. However, we believe that somehow, one of the Nightbringers has the power to use dark magic to corrupt Pokemon's hearts. While I'm sure the process is probably still difficult, if this is true, it could allow for what would amount to mass production of Shadow Pokemon."

"This is the reason that we think that the Nightbringers have infiltrated Team Magma. The Nightbringers have the means to make Shadow Pokemon, but probably very few Pokemon to actually corrupt. That's where Team Magma comes in. The Nightbringers could cause Team Magma to give them their Pokemon, expecting them to get Shadow Pokemon in return, but the Nightbringers would instead just keep the Shadow Pokemon for themselves. If they managed to pull this off, the results would be apocalyptic. Literally. This is also probably why they wanted Ralts, to turn into a Shadow Pokemon."

"Well, I believe we've answered all your questions. Now I have one of my own. We think we've found a way to stop the Nightbringer's plans. But we need a strong trainer. Since the Lightbearers were only recently formed, none of us have very strong Pokemon. But, you.. You took on Maxie and lived to tell the tale. That alone shows what a good trainer you are. So, my question is this: will you join us, become a Lightbearer, and help us stop the Nightbringers?"

What will you do now?

Joshua: You and the woman glare at each other, each of you waiting for the other to make the first move. Your and her Pokemon are in a similar situation, each looking at each other warily. The woman's icy blue eyes shift from you to Beau for a split second, obviously concerned at the fact that he was holding his claws up to her threateningly. Your eyes travel down to her gloved hands, which twitch ever so slightly. Gengar reacts at once, throwing a Shadow Ball at Beau, who is forced to jump back several feet to avoid the attack. Michael releases his Psychic, telekinetically forcing Seviper to unwrap himself from around Elsa and throwing him to the ground. Seviper seems quite unfazed, however, and slithers back next to Gengar while Elsa runs behind you. The woman, now a safe distance from Beau, throws a Pokeball into the air, releasing a Houndoom, who stands on the other side of Gengar.

"Well, if you insist on fighting.." the woman says with a malevolent smile. "My name is Nadia, and it will be a pleasure decimating your Pokemon." What will you do now?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #95
Joshua
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Joshua: You and the woman glare at each other, each of you waiting for the other to make the first move. Your and her Pokemon are in a similar situation, each looking at each other warily. The woman's icy blue eyes shift from you to Beau for a split second, obviously concerned at the fact that he was holding his claws up to her threateningly. Your eyes travel down to her gloved hands, which twitch ever so slightly. Gengar reacts at once, throwing a Shadow Ball at Beau, who is forced to jump back several feet to avoid the attack. Michael releases his Psychic, telekinetically forcing Seviper to unwrap himself from around Elsa and throwing him to the ground. Seviper seems quite unfazed, however, and slithers back next to Gengar while Elsa runs behind you. The woman, now a safe distance from Beau, throws a Pokeball into the air, releasing a Houndoom, who stands on the other side of Gengar.

"Well, if you insist on fighting.." the woman says with a malevolent smile. "My name is Nadia, and it will be a pleasure decimating your Pokemon." What will you do now?
Joshua watches warily as things go down, seeing Elsa freed successfully causing him to smile internally. His expression remains one of stony disapproval, and as Nadia releases her Houndoom, Joshua stands firm, putting himself bodily between Nadia's Pokemon and Elsa.

"Decimate my Pokemon? Lady, you're just a few Tauros short of a Safari Zone, aren't you?" Joshua holds an arrogant tone as he talks, while his mind examines the scene before him, and the actions he had just seen. 'Gengar seems to be her most powerful, and the Pokemon she's closest with, if it could understand a simple twitch as an attack command. Seviper doesn't seem worried that it just failed in its commands, meaning it doesn't fear its trainer... Hmm...'

Speaking to his Pogeys, Joshua raises his voice. "Tessie, I need you to put down that Houndoom. Howl it down to start with, Body Slam to throw your weight around, then Crunch at its skull until it begs for mercy!" The Arcanine whines softly, looking at her trainer with a look of sadness. "Alright, no skull cracking then. Just chew on it for a while, in some place you can reach."

"Beau, Seviper's yours. Slice it with a Cut, then smack it with Aerial Ace, followed by a Metal Claw!" Beau seemed less fazed by Joshua's brutal offensive attempt, readying himself to slice and dice some serpent.

"Michael, I'm leaving Gengar in your hands, as it seems the strongest. Lash out with Confuse Ray, then smack it down with a Tri-Attack. If you can reach it, finish this round with a Pursuit, if not, THUNDERBOLT!"

Joshua turned to Elsa, his focus still on the battle behind him. "Are you ok?" he asks. "Is there anything I need to know before I attempt to beatdown this old bat?"
Badges: Maelstrom (Flying), Abnormality (Normal)
2x/4x Reffing System
Old 07-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #96
lilbluecorsola
Crying Prologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon
Lilbluecorsola: "Well, in order of he questions you asked, we are in an underground facility in Atrea," Jack said. "But before I can explain to you what we were doing in the Magma Base, you first have to understand about the organization that I and the rest of the people here belong to: the Lightbearers."

"Now, I'm sure you've heard all the legends about our world, right? Elysia, Aryle, and all the magic that exists here? Well, I don't know about Elysia and Aryle, but magic exists here. Now, most of that magic is benevolent or neutral. But there has been dark magic as well. Most of the darkness is supposedly in Aryle, but there is a bit here. It's small and it's hidden, but it exists. It's a balance thing. Good can't exist without evil, stuff like that."

"Well, there have always been a few people here who have been drawn to the darkness rather than the light. It's a sort of cult, worshipping evil gods and praying for death and destruction. Basically it's a bunch of nutbags and sociopaths. They call themselves the Nightbringers, because that is their eventual goal, to bring perpetual night to Elyra. They never gained much support, though, because most people would be opposed to that sort of thing."

"Recently, however, the Nightbringers have begun to gain power and members. We don't know how or why, but if it continues, they may soon have enough resources to actually complete their goal. So, our organization was formed to fight the growing threat, hence our name. Now, to get back to your question, we have reason to believe that the Nightbringers have recently infiltrated Team Magma to use their resources for their own agenda. The fact that it seems that Team Magma now has access to Shadow Pokemon only confirms our fears."

"As to what Shadow Pokemon are, they are Pokemon whose hearts whose hearts have been corrupted by darkness, turning them evil. Shadow Pokemon are ruthless and merciless, essentially killing machines. That's why Team Magma is interested in them."

"Now, normally, it is very difficult to turn Pokemon into Shadow Pokemon. However, we believe that somehow, one of the Nightbringers has the power to use dark magic to corrupt Pokemon's hearts. While I'm sure the process is probably still difficult, if this is true, it could allow for what would amount to mass production of Shadow Pokemon."

"This is the reason that we think that the Nightbringers have infiltrated Team Magma. The Nightbringers have the means to make Shadow Pokemon, but probably very few Pokemon to actually corrupt. That's where Team Magma comes in. The Nightbringers could cause Team Magma to give them their Pokemon, expecting them to get Shadow Pokemon in return, but the Nightbringers would instead just keep the Shadow Pokemon for themselves. If they managed to pull this off, the results would be apocalyptic. Literally. This is also probably why they wanted Ralts, to turn into a Shadow Pokemon."

"Well, I believe we've answered all your questions. Now I have one of my own. We think we've found a way to stop the Nightbringer's plans. But we need a strong trainer. Since the Lightbearers were only recently formed, none of us have very strong Pokemon. But, you.. You took on Maxie and lived to tell the tale. That alone shows what a good trainer you are. So, my question is this: will you join us, become a Lightbearer, and help us stop the Nightbringers?"

What will you do now?
Jessica listened quietly as Jack carefully explained to her about magic and Lightbearers and Shadow Pokémon; to her surprise, she found she was able to keep up rather easily. She would have expected the concept of a battle between good and evil to sound overly theatrical or over her head, but the man spoke about it in a straightforward manner. She was a bit appreciative of that aspect of his speech, so she listened to what he had to say with genuine interest.

He began by briefly informing her of their current location in an underground facility in a place she hadn't heard of before. She began to feel somewhat uncomfortable as he mentioned other places and legends she apparently should have already been familiar with. She rarely possessed the courage to interrupt someone who was talking, even when it was a topic she knew nothing about, so she simply nodded once or twice throughout and told herself she'd research the names later if she got the chance. The fact that there was magic here though-that caught her attention. What kind of magic?

"...Most of that magic is benevolent or neutral. But there has been dark magic as well. Most of the darkness is supposedly in Aryle, but there is a bit here. It's small and it's hidden, but it exists. It's a balance thing. Good can't exist without evil, stuff like that."

She nodded in agreement with the last statement, smiling slightly. Jack then went on to explain about a group of people he called "Nightbringers", whose purpose was to create everlasting night. The recent increase in their level of power and the number of followers had led to the formation of a rival group, known as the "Lightbearers". These were the people with whom she was accompanied at the moment.

At last she was able to learn about the true nature of Shadow Pokémon; they were "ruthless and merciless, essentially killing machines". Pokémon whose hearts had been tainted by the darkness. She frowned, feeling a pang for the creatures who were distorted and mistreated, so that they would only cause destruction in turn. She wondered if there was any way for those damaged hearts to be restored.

Perhaps even more disturbing, Jack described to her the relationship between the Nightbringers and Team Magma that could possibly lead to an explosion of Shadow Pokémon. While the Nightbringers had apparently found a member who could employ dark magic to manipulate a Pokémon's heart, they did not possess as many subjects as was ideal for mass production. Thus, they infiltrated Team Magma's base, planning to exploit their operations in order to gain more Pokémon.

"This is also probably why they wanted Ralts, to turn into a Shadow Pokémon," Jack added gravely. Though Jess found she didn't quite believe him, recalling how Team Magma seemed to have been specifically after Ralts all this time. Though perhaps the idea of being targeted was just her imagination. Maybe certain conditions had to be met before a Pokémon could be turned to darkness, and Ralts just happened to fulfill those conditions. (Though she didn't like to think what those requirements might be.)

Finally Jack's long dialogue ended, and Jessica found herself dealing with even more questions in her mind. Before she could ask any of them though, the man added one of his own:

"We think we've found a way to stop the Nightbringer's plans. But we need a strong trainer. Since the Lightbearers were only recently formed, none of us have very strong Pokemon. But, you... You took on Maxie and lived to tell the tale. That alone shows what a good trainer you are. So, my question is this: will you join us, become a Lightbearer, and help us stop the Nightbringers?"

The girl was rather taken aback by his request. First of all, she wasn't even sure she should be considered a strong trainer, despite what he said. And to get involved with a war such as this.. It sounded really fantastic, but possibly beyond all her reasoning and capabilities. Was it really all right for her to try and take this on?

And yet, these people also seemed pretty average. They seemed to understand as she did about notions of good and evil yada yada. Plus she wanted to help Shadow Pokémon(though she hadn't heard if that was this group's intention or not, she thought later). Maybe by directly confronting the enemy, it was also the best way to protect Ralts. Anyway, it seemed kind of late to back out now and leave everything she'd just heard alone. All in all, there didn't seem to be much choice left but to agree.

"Okay," she consented after a moment, "I'll help. What do you want me to do?"

Do you remember that word I loved...?

Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #97
Lee-san
Boulder Badge

Lee's group - Update #8

first of all, sorry about the long wait guys..I was fairly busy with my job for some time, but after that I was just plain lazy, so no excuse for that..if I take any longer than two weeks from now on, feel free to PM me or something so I don't slack off again.

Elyra Field - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Sylar: What could very well be the final round of this battle is about to begin, and your Charizard is eager to get it over with. So eager, in fact, that she decides to ignore your orders and, instead of using Smokescreen, goes in to Slash Hitmonlee.
"Haha, looks like you still got a lot to learn lad, your Pokemon's not even listening to you!" the Hitmonlee's trainer calls out, laughing at you. "Let's show him how we deal with reckless opponents, Hitmonlee.."
The Fighting type nods, grinning, and glows red with energy. Waiting for just the right moment, Hitmonlee lets Liza come in close and then grabs her by her claws, holding off her attack, and retaliates by kicking her right in her belly, sending her flying.
Angered by this, the flame on her tail suddenly lights up brightly and grows in intensity. Apparently she's really pissed now, and Hitmonlee gets to feel it, as your Charizard starts collecting a tremendous amount of Fire energy in her mouth and then proceeds to release it in a huge Heat Wave which makes its way right towards Hitmonlee and strikes it with all its might. Pleased to see she landed a hit, but not entirely satisfied yet, Liza spreads her wings and flies towards Hitmonlee. Still shaken from Liza's last attack, Hitmonlee can't do anything but watch as your Charizard opens her mouth wide and releases an astonishing Dragon Rage attack which again hits Hitmonlee dead-on and sends it flying. Desperately, the Fighting type tries to get up, but it's no use: Liza's powered-up attacks - even though it weren't the ones you ordered - were too much, and knocked it out.
Level Up for Liza!

Obviously surprised by the sudden end of this battle, Hitmonlee's trainer recalls his Pokemon and stuffs its Pokeball back in his pocket. Looking at you, he says:
"Hmph, looks like your Charizard is indeed a force to be reckoned with..and looks like you can't quite deal with it yet. But who knows, maybe one day she'll have a worthy trainer..anyway, you've passed, guess I've gotta congratulate you for that."
The guy starts walking over to you and passes Liza on the way, patting her on the neck. Holding out his hand to you, he says "Now that you've bested me in battle, I guess I should introduce myself. Just call me Colonel.."
After shaking his hand and telling him your name, he gestures towards the sky. "Looks like it's getting dark already, and you wanna be well rested for your big trip into the forest, right? Also.."
He walks over to Liza again and points at a spot on her wing. "Apparently your Charizard suffered an injury in our battle, and I'm afraid a simply Potion won't fix that. You could, of course, go to a Pokemon Center or simply wait till the injury is healed by itself, but both of those options would take some time, and you're quite eager to get into the forest, aren't you? Well, it's your lucky day, since I'm quite an expert at treating those, ah, kind of injuries..so, do you entrust me with the treatment and set up camp here for tonight? Or what will it be?" he asks, smirking at you.

thed3: Eager to end this battle early so you can go look for Coconut, you give your orders and the battle commences once again.
Tsunami goes in close for a hopefully devastating Mega Kick, but Aggron is quick to react - it hardens its body with Iron Defense, and even though Mega Kick hits its mark, Aggron barely feels it. Pleased with itself, it then proceeds to open its mouth and starts collecting Grass energy for a Solar Beam attack. Luckily, Tsunami has another attack ready to go, and fires an Ice Beam straight at Aggron, and this time, his attack deals some good damage and stops the Steel type from executing its Solar Beam. Now positively furious, Aggron charges towards your Blastoise in an attempt to hit it with Double-Edge. That'd probably hurt a lot..but Tsunami stays calm and prepares for the grand finale. Releasing a tremendous amount of high-pressured water from his cannons, it fires the strongest of all Water attacks, Hydro Cannon, at Aggron, and it certainly does the trick. Aggron is hit dead-on and finally, due to taking such a huge super-effective hit, it collapses, and the battle is finally over.
It suddenly gets very quiet in the cave as the Aron and Lairon are looking at their fallen leader, at Tsunami and at you. For a second you fear that they might jsut trample all over you for beating their leader, but then one of the bigger Lairons walks over to you with a look on his face that might just be a smile, although you're not quite sure, and nods at you, gesturing you to follow it. You recall your Blastoise for the moment and follow the Lairon to the back of the cave, towards the exit. After taking one final look back at Aggron and the other Pokemon in the cave, you step through the exit, which leads to another tunnel just like the one you walked through to get here before. You follow the Lairon quietly for a while, and soon, the tunnel starts going uphill and the air gets cleaner and cleaner - looks like you're finally getting close to the surface! And sure enough, you soon see a light at the end of the tunnel (not the metaphorical kind, mind you, the real one), and stepping through it, you finally find yourself out of the underground cave and back on the face of the earth. Looking around, you notice two things - one, it is nighttime, and two, you're really close to the Forest of Mystery now - judging by the distance to it, you're probably only one or two hours of walking away from it. Apparently thinking that you don't need it anymore, Lairon slowly turns around and disappears into the underground cave again.
With that out of the way, your thoughts turn to Coconut again, and you wonder where your Tropius might be. But before you can put any real thinking into it, you hear some rustling from a nearby bush. You turn around to face it, hoping that it might be Coconut..but it's something far worse instead. A group of no less than 4 Zangoose has emerged and quickly surround you. They don't seem to be of the friendly kind either as you guess from their fierce growling and the wild looks they cast you. Looks like you can't get a second of rest in this world..what will you do next?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #98
Arc_Angel
Ghostly Mistress

Give to me your sweet surrender little lost ones

Jonouchi ~ You explain to Chloe's father, who asks you to call him Karl, that you have come to Elyra Port to research the legend of Aryle. Karl seemed to frown at this, it being a subject that was a little strange to enquire about. You ask him if he had any information about it and Karl steps out of the kitchen with a blue and white striped apron on.

"Why would you be interested in Aryle, it is only a legend, a myth after all, a fairytale told to scare little children or intrigue foolhardy teenagers. The 'light and dark worlds', only Elyra exists is what I believe. The tale of what happened to form Elyra was told to me as a child, the Avatar of Light helped to create this realm and keep us safe from evil forces, and although I do not believe in a dark world I'm not naĂŻve enough to presume there isn't evil in the world. But it's all just a fairytale lad, I wouldn't look to deep into it if I were you," he says before heading back into the kitchen to continue his cooking. You move closer to the entrance to the kitchen and ask if Karl would be willing to let Chloe go to Laramie Ranch if you accompanied her. He stops what he was doing immediately and looks behind you seeming to contemplate this. He gives a short "hmmm" and carries on preparing the food.

Having gotten little information out of Karl you can't help but to feel disappointed and with no answer on heading the Laramie Ranch the feeling doubles. You look out of the doors that Chloe had run out of and slowly walk over to them. You can see her sitting on a bank of sand, the only person there on the deserted private beach; her Quilava and Skitty sat by her trying to cheer her up. You look at the impressive view a little longer your gaze flickering to Chloe every now and then.

Karl pops his head out of the kitchen and asks if you would tell Chloe that dinner would be ready in 5 minutes. Amazed that he could cook so fast you gawp a little for a moment before you nod your head and leaving Kaio recovering on the fluffy rug in the living room you head outside. The sun hits your face and you feel it warm your skin, hanging lower in the sky signifying late afternoon, time certainly had flown. Heading carefully down the sloping steps you move onto the golden sand and walk towards Chloe, her shoulders moving up and down rapidly suggesting that she was still crying. You could hear sniffs and the odd tearful word spoken as you approached her. Liger and Hannah look up, the Quilava flaring his back in defense, ready to protect his trainer if you meant her harm. Following her pokemon's gazes Chloes sets her tear-filled grey eyes on you and hiccups wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

You pass on the message her father gave you and she looks back down to the sand nodding her head as an understanding. She gets up off the sand dune, reluctant to go back in her house but her stomach let loose a little growl, letting you know that she didn't want to miss a good meal. Leading the way she follows behind her and an uncomfortable silence fills the air, you weren't sure how to cheer her up and every time you looked behind you Liger would warily meet your gaze but Hannah would give you a happy smile, still thankful for your actions from earlier.

As you enter the house Chloe runs upstairs her pokemon heading to a different room. Karl smiles at you and Kaio who had seemed to have almost fully recovered now, standing next you; and he motions you to another room. Entering the dinning room you take a seat at the table there Kaio sitting on a seat next to you looking bashfully around at the pretty surroundings. Karl makes no complaint at your Swampert eating with you and goes back to the kitchen bringing out plates laden with large steaks placing them in front of you. He offers Kaio the choice of Steak or some fine looking pokemon food. Chloe shortly move in after her father taking a seat opposite you. She had changed into some clean clothes, a light blue knee length skirt and a pink top, her short light brown hair held back with a headband. Liger and Hannah having also cleaned up sat next to their trainer eagerly awaiting their meals. Karl came back into the dining room with bowls full of new, roast and mash potatoes, mixed vegetables and several different steak sauces.

You all eat your meals in relative silence, both Chloe and Karl not daring to speak to the other for fear of making the situation any tenser. Karl puts his fork down halfway through his meal and looked to you pensively.

"Are you sure it wouldn't put you out?" he asks you, obviously in regards to your previous question. Chloe looked to Karl with confusion on her face. You answer that it would not; you wouldn't have asked if it would.

"Alright then, I trust you both. I've seen what your pokemon can do I have no doubt that you would take care of my girl." He said and Chloe just seemed to get more confused.

"What are you talking about Daddy?" she asks, speaking to him for the first time in over an hour.

"I'll let you go to Laramie Ranch with Liger and Hannah - and Ricco will accompany you." He says and Chloe gasps before a large smile spreads across her face.

"Really, I can go?" she asks ands Karl nods, "Only if you go with Ricco and his pokemon and you stick together at all times." Although Chloe still felt that her father didn't completely trust her he would let her go, he was just concerned for her safety. Chloe jumped out of her seat and embraced her father in a large hug.

"Thank you Daddy, We'll get the milk together don't you worry and we'll be back before you know it." She runs around the table and throws herself at you hugging you hard thanking you for it meant that she could travel a little. She blushed a deep red and let you go, Chloe had no problem traveling with you it seemed, she looked rather keen actually.

"I want you to start off tomorrow morning, it's getting a late now and I don't want you traveling in the dark." Chloe looked eager to head off now but nodded her head, her brown locks bouncing up and down. She beamed at you both and sat back to down to finish off her food.

"As a thank you Ricco you can stay here, we have a spare bedroom you and your pokemon could sleep in," Karl said collecting up the empty plates and heading to the Kitchen.

"I'll show it to you," Chloe said grabbing hold of your hand and pulling you with quite a deal of eager force towards the stairs. Reaching the first floor you are literally dragged into a small room with white and cream walls. A small bed sits off in one corner with a white duvet on it; a chest of drawers and wardrobe in similar colours are on the other side of the room. The window next to the bed gives you view out to the private beach the sun now turning the sky a faint orange colour.

"The bathroom is just across the hall and my room is further down the right, that where I'll be if you need me," Chloe says with a sense of importance now smiling bashfully at you. She skips off to her room, Liger and Hannah following swiftly behind her, the Quilava stopping to give you a brief smile.

You hear a thudding up the stairs and see Kaio stick his head round the door greeting you with a grin, quite amused that you were overpowered by a 9 year old. Settling down into your room you keep your sight set on the sun setting outside the window. You can't help but to think there was more to the legend of Aryle as your eyes slowly close and you drift off to sleep

You are woken up by Kaio's large fin-like paw shaking you. Chloe stood at your door giggling at the sight of you tangled up in your covers.

"Its time to get ready Ricco, we'll be leaving soon." She says before you see her run off and hear her bounding down the stairs in excitement. Getting changed and gathering your belongings you head downstairs and find Chloe eagerly grouping her supplies into her blue and pink backpack. Now would be a good time for you to check your own supplies, Karl seemed to have a lot of healing potions should you need them, but it would be wise to find out what else you need for this trip.

Yami Ron ~ I love Starcraft <3 but wasn't thinking of that when I used the name (plus the Zerg are far superior anyhow =p)

You give words of encouragement to your feisty Sneasel, Lady Bakura giving her Sandslash opponent some choice words to mull over. Admonishing her you quickly work out your next strategy and administer your orders. Terran sifts the wet sand up with his claws launching it at Lady Bakura, the move looking more like a Mudslap than a Sand Attack due to the state of the sand. Lady Bakura act quickly and zips out the line of fire, a black aura surrounding her as she seemingly vanishes into thin air. Terran and Rebecca look around for her finding her nowhere in sight and the Sandslash make no move to defend himself as if from another realm Lady Bakura appears with a pop slamming into him throwing him to the ground.

Whilst he was off guard, lying down on the ground recovering from the surprise attack, your Sneasel uses her equally sharp claws to dig through the wet sand underground leaving only a hole as evidence that she was there. Terran gets to his feet and notices the hole nearby him and looks down at the ground, knowing that his opponent was hidden beneath him somewhere. He feels a rumbling beneath him and as Rebecca orders him to jump he does. Unfortunately for him though Lady Bakura moved amazingly fast for someone covered in wet sand and caught his underbelly with her claws, chunks of dirt splattering him also.

Lady Bakura lands gracefully on the sand now closer to Rebecca than you and Terran lands awkwardly, trying not to fall over. His rubs his belly a nice claw mark present there. The Dig had not been all that effective due to his type but it still smarted, and he still had chunks of wet sand clinging to his spines.

With a quick order of "Poison Sting" Terran pulled his head back and shot out purple white barbs from his mouth at Lady Bakura who was still quite close to him. The attack caught her full on striking her head and neck making her wince and fall back. She stands back glaring harshly at her opponent before wincing, the poison having entered her bloodstream from a cut on her cheek. Terran is looking the far greater worst for wear but being poisoned is going to slow Lady Bakura down. Both pokemon begin their stare down, eager to continue their battle.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #99
Jonouchi
Boulder Badge

Re: Give to me your sweet surrender little lost ones

Quote:
Jonouchi ~ You explain to Chloe's father, who asks you to call him Karl, that you have come to Elyra Port to research the legend of Aryle. Karl seemed to frown at this, it being a subject that was a little strange to enquire about. You ask him if he had any information about it and Karl steps out of the kitchen with a blue and white striped apron on.

"Why would you be interested in Aryle, it is only a legend, a myth after all, a fairytale told to scare little children or intrigue foolhardy teenagers. The 'light and dark worlds', only Elyra exists is what I believe. The tale of what happened to form Elyra was told to me as a child, the Avatar of Light helped to create this realm and keep us safe from evil forces, and although I do not believe in a dark world I'm not naĂŻve enough to presume there isn't evil in the world. But it's all just a fairytale lad, I wouldn't look to deep into it if I were you," he says before heading back into the kitchen to continue his cooking. You move closer to the entrance to the kitchen and ask if Karl would be willing to let Chloe go to Laramie Ranch if you accompanied her. He stops what he was doing immediately and looks behind you seeming to contemplate this. He gives a short "hmmm" and carries on preparing the food.

Having gotten little information out of Karl you can't help but to feel disappointed and with no answer on heading the Laramie Ranch the feeling doubles. You look out of the doors that Chloe had run out of and slowly walk over to them. You can see her sitting on a bank of sand, the only person there on the deserted private beach; her Quilava and Skitty sat by her trying to cheer her up. You look at the impressive view a little longer your gaze flickering to Chloe every now and then.

Karl pops his head out of the kitchen and asks if you would tell Chloe that dinner would be ready in 5 minutes. Amazed that he could cook so fast you gawp a little for a moment before you nod your head and leaving Kaio recovering on the fluffy rug in the living room you head outside. The sun hits your face and you feel it warm your skin, hanging lower in the sky signifying late afternoon, time certainly had flown. Heading carefully down the sloping steps you move onto the golden sand and walk towards Chloe, her shoulders moving up and down rapidly suggesting that she was still crying. You could hear sniffs and the odd tearful word spoken as you approached her. Liger and Hannah look up, the Quilava flaring his back in defense, ready to protect his trainer if you meant her harm. Following her pokemon's gazes Chloes sets her tear-filled grey eyes on you and hiccups wiping her eyes on her sleeve.

You pass on the message her father gave you and she looks back down to the sand nodding her head as an understanding. She gets up off the sand dune, reluctant to go back in her house but her stomach let loose a little growl, letting you know that she didn't want to miss a good meal. Leading the way she follows behind her and an uncomfortable silence fills the air, you weren't sure how to cheer her up and every time you looked behind you Liger would warily meet your gaze but Hannah would give you a happy smile, still thankful for your actions from earlier.

As you enter the house Chloe runs upstairs her pokemon heading to a different room. Karl smiles at you and Kaio who had seemed to have almost fully recovered now, standing next you; and he motions you to another room. Entering the dinning room you take a seat at the table there Kaio sitting on a seat next to you looking bashfully around at the pretty surroundings. Karl makes no complaint at your Swampert eating with you and goes back to the kitchen bringing out plates laden with large steaks placing them in front of you. He offers Kaio the choice of Steak or some fine looking pokemon food. Chloe shortly move in after her father taking a seat opposite you. She had changed into some clean clothes, a light blue knee length skirt and a pink top, her short light brown hair held back with a headband. Liger and Hannah having also cleaned up sat next to their trainer eagerly awaiting their meals. Karl came back into the dining room with bowls full of new, roast and mash potatoes, mixed vegetables and several different steak sauces.

You all eat your meals in relative silence, both Chloe and Karl not daring to speak to the other for fear of making the situation any tenser. Karl puts his fork down halfway through his meal and looked to you pensively.

"Are you sure it wouldn't put you out?" he asks you, obviously in regards to your previous question. Chloe looked to Karl with confusion on her face. You answer that it would not; you wouldn't have asked if it would.

"Alright then, I trust you both. I've seen what your pokemon can do I have no doubt that you would take care of my girl." He said and Chloe just seemed to get more confused.

"What are you talking about Daddy?" she asks, speaking to him for the first time in over an hour.

"I'll let you go to Laramie Ranch with Liger and Hannah - and Ricco will accompany you." He says and Chloe gasps before a large smile spreads across her face.

"Really, I can go?" she asks ands Karl nods, "Only if you go with Ricco and his pokemon and you stick together at all times." Although Chloe still felt that her father didn't completely trust her he would let her go, he was just concerned for her safety. Chloe jumped out of her seat and embraced her father in a large hug.

"Thank you Daddy, We'll get the milk together don't you worry and we'll be back before you know it." She runs around the table and throws herself at you hugging you hard thanking you for it meant that she could travel a little. She blushed a deep red and let you go, Chloe had no problem traveling with you it seemed, she looked rather keen actually.

"I want you to start off tomorrow morning, it's getting a late now and I don't want you traveling in the dark." Chloe looked eager to head off now but nodded her head, her brown locks bouncing up and down. She beamed at you both and sat back to down to finish off her food.

"As a thank you Ricco you can stay here, we have a spare bedroom you and your pokemon could sleep in," Karl said collecting up the empty plates and heading to the Kitchen.

"I'll show it to you," Chloe said grabbing hold of your hand and pulling you with quite a deal of eager force towards the stairs. Reaching the first floor you are literally dragged into a small room with white and cream walls. A small bed sits off in one corner with a white duvet on it; a chest of drawers and wardrobe in similar colours are on the other side of the room. The window next to the bed gives you view out to the private beach the sun now turning the sky a faint orange colour.

"The bathroom is just across the hall and my room is further down the right, that where I'll be if you need me," Chloe says with a sense of importance now smiling bashfully at you. She skips off to her room, Liger and Hannah following swiftly behind her, the Quilava stopping to give you a brief smile.

You hear a thudding up the stairs and see Kaio stick his head round the door greeting you with a grin, quite amused that you were overpowered by a 9 year old. Settling down into your room you keep your sight set on the sun setting outside the window. You can't help but to think there was more to the legend of Aryle as your eyes slowly close and you drift off to sleep

You are woken up by Kaio's large fin-like paw shaking you. Chloe stood at your door giggling at the sight of you tangled up in your covers.

"Its time to get ready Ricco, we'll be leaving soon." She says before you see her run off and hear her bounding down the stairs in excitement. Getting changed and gathering your belongings you head downstairs and find Chloe eagerly grouping her supplies into her blue and pink backpack. Now would be a good time for you to check your own supplies, Karl seemed to have a lot of healing potions should you need them, but it would be wise to find out what else you need for this trip.
OOC: I might buy potions myself when I can, but I won't buy anything too major. I'm still saving up for my Porygon. Oh, and add me to the list of people who love Starcraft. (Awaits SC2)

Ricco was currently sleeping under his soft covers as he was dreaming of something nice. Kaio sees Chloe walk into the room and immediately thinks of waking Ricco up. Kaio puts his front legs on the bed and pushes Ricco slightly to wake him up.

"urmm....urrrm...Don't...do that...Kain...Wha?"

Ricco instanly jolts up as he sees Chloe giggling at him.

"Its time to get ready Ricco, we'll be leaving soon." she said as she runs down the stairs.

Ricco yawns as he gets up to change. Today was going to be a little rough, but with the legend of Aryle in his mind, it might be worth it. He changes into his normal clothes quickly and grabs his belt and backpack, recalls Kaio to his Pokeball, and brings his stuff downstairs. By the time he gets down there, he sees Chloe packing her things. Ricco realized that he needs to stock up as well. He remembers Karl having lots of Potions and healing items, but he wants to make sure he's not forgetting anything else. He checks his backpack, but realizes that he's a bit low on supplies. He thought it couldn't hurt to ask so he walks up to Karl with his question.

"Do you have anymore Potions I can borrow?" he asked Karl. "That and is there anything else that I might need on this trip?"

This trip might be a little treacherous than he initially thought, but he wanted to cover all of his bases, first.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #100
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!

Send a message via AIM to Talon87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlygon
Elyra Field:
Xuande - You, as well as a number of other trainers, get off the boat, all eager to get to whatever destinations they have in mind. Reading the signpost, you find a road that will lead you out of the port and to the field. You soon (after some more signpost-reading) find yourself outside of the protecting walls, with the great Elyra Field in front of you. The Forest of Mystery requires you to head in a mainly eastern direction, and you being to walk with your trusty partner Celes next to you.

Already inside the forest in your mind, however the reality is different, which a fierce small bird kindly reminds you through a dive-bombing mainly aimed at you. Pulling you mind back into the present, you narrowly evade it's attack, perhaps thanks to it still being a very young bird. Looking at it's lightbrown and beige feathers as it pulls up a bit clumsily from it's dive, you instantly identify it as a Pidgey. And clearly, it doesn't want you near it's tree that is located on your left. Seeing as they are so territorial, running away is an option, but are you one to back down from a challenge? Is fighting really better than fleeing? Well, this time, you're the one to decide!
"Ah! A Pidgey!" Cyrus cried out. Wondering whether or not he should try to capture it, Cyrus quickly decided that the bird looked far too young for battle. Eyeing its clumsy flight pattern, Cyrus turned to look at Celes. "I think we'd better try to keep pressing on, Celes. It looks like we've accidentally intruded on Pidgey's home." Not one to look for trouble or bully others, it was easy for Cyrus to make this decision: and one look back at the Pidgey confirmed in his mind that the forest he and Celes were heading for would bode ill for such a small, young Pokemon.

Shouting towards the Pidgey, Cyrus called out, "Sorry, Pidgey! We didn't mean to trepass! We'll just be getting on our way now!" In actuality, Cyrus wasn't all that convinced that his plan would work, and he sheepishly smiled towards Celes. Then, leaning close to her, he whispered, "Look, I know that Pidgey are incredibly territorial, but we don't want to cause trouble, right?"

"Chika," Celes confirmed. Cyrus looked into her eyes, knowing she voiced approval of her master's attempt at decency, even if it was awkwardly naive.

"So ... I want you to launch a Counter attack -- just in case Pidgey tries anything funny, alright? If not, go ahead and catch up to me, I'll be right over here." And with that, Cyrus distanced himself a few meters from the tree, hoping that Pidgey would accept his noblesse and let the two travelers continue on their way, unharmed ...

Cyrus' Registration Post
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records