View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
Mage of Mind
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
I think there may be some confusion due to the dissimilar use of the word "league" in the two thread titles. In November, I created a tournament called the UPN Champion League. This was inspired by a conversation with old-time UPNer AK2 about the Pokémon anime, which has made references in Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova to a Champion League in which the regional champions compete, presumably for the title of Pokémon Master. That thread I made in November was a tournament thread and it outlined rules, teams, etc that were themed around the Champion League. This week, I've unveiled to you the UPN Challenge Cup League. This isn't a thread for any one specific tournament. This is a general-purpose thread for UPN's Challenge Cup League, an actual league we're wanting to create. There's no sign-up involved. The program is still in beta testing. There is no tournament, pending or otherwise, for CC, Battle Factory, or draft yet.
Alright then, this makes more sense. Hmm. The only problem I see is the lack of people. There is a limited number of people on UPN who are active, and about one-third of those are interested in competitive battling. Either we make the League really just an E4 + Champ challenge or we have everyone in the league, vying for position.

...Actually that doesn't sound too bad. We could make it a ranking system rather than a static league.
Shuckle is offline   Reply With Quote