View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 03:37 AM   #68
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Regarding the Ancient Monk, all the other monsters for the Dojo Quest are normal random encounters, but there are no Monks on the levels of the tomb I've explored.

Is the monk a super low rate encounter, or is it something in an area of the tomb I can't access at this point? So far I've seen the Unholy Emperor and both rune bosses in the area, and opened every chest.

Literally just found it within seconds of posting this. After days of searching, the encounter of wonders.

Bwaaaak! Encounter of Wonders!

Also, regarding the Vile Forest hunt:

Spoiler: show
I found Caterpie in one of the areas but used up almost 50 Zubat Sprays to find it. So I reloaded the game and now the rune won't appear in the area I was at before.

Is there a special trigger for Caterpie appearing here? Or is it...random?
The Monk is only on the first level, not in the basement or other floors, and kinda rare. Also regarding caterpie:

Spoiler: show
It moves around, I believe. They're all in the forest area, though.

Also re: the item drop from failed experiment. Apparently it had the wrong attack animation (oops) so attacking with it will look a little different (its not a claws weapon). I'm also changing it so it's based on CURRENT HP and not max. I think it makes it a little more interesting, since it is extra free damage, and at full health it's essentially the same. It's not like Stlbk's breaths where the damage drops instantly if 1 less than full, etc.

I'd like to have the version up by next weekend but this week looks to be busy so idk. D: