View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #10
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Dubya is startlingly intelligent. Trump is, unfortunately, not very smart. I live in DC and have friends who have interacted with President Trump directly, and they don't have nice things to say about him. None of his legitimate defenders work with him personally or have ever really met him; those who have, like Graham and McConnell, are simply allying with him for political purposes. I have no reason to believe my contacts are lying. They are not politically motivated or biased. In general, people's positive views of the President are sourced from those claiming he is concealing how smart he is. Think about it this way. If he was really that smart, and concealing his intelligence from the world, why would he talk so much about how smart he is? Wouldn't it be a wiser choice to say nothing and allow your enemies to be wrong?
If you claim Dubya was intelligent, that means that his actions in office where openly malicious. Ethnic profiling, the border fence and unsavory corrupt appointees and were Trumpian before Trump.

Never forget that Dubya used 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq, which secured infrastructure contracts for Halliburton (of which Dick Cheney was the former CEO). His deregulation of banks lead to the subprime mortgage market that led to the financial meltdown in 2008. His faith-based initiatives put federal money in the hands of Christian outreach.

Either he is a moron, as is commonly stereotyped, or he's the ultimate evil.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote