View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #2166
Talon87
Nebby. Back into the bag.

Send a message via AIM to Talon87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
I have a habit of format-hopping, so I learn a lot of little bits of a lot of formats. LC is the only format I've really taken the time to properly learn (I tried learning VGC but it's a mess of a format in a lot of ways). Part of it is that I tend to attach myself to silly shit in other formats but I've let myself just play the meta in LC, so I've done better than I normally do.
I thought a) you were still doing the VGC thing (a little sad to hear you're not ^^; ) and b) that you were certainly good enough in it to at least make Top 500 on Smogon's VGC. I mean, hell ... I think we could both make Top 500 on Smogon's VGC without even trying. Should we try it? ;o I think we should try it. hahahaha Let me see what the minimum cutoff is and decide how much effort this would take ... 1435 to make the cutoff for Top 500. That honestly doesn't sound too bad.

... he says without fully appreciating that VGCs is a crazy world where Mind Reader Sheer Cold, SwagPlay Bonanza, and Mega Gengar-Mega Kangaskhan tag teams are totally kosher.

But no, I'm genuinely curious. 1435 sounds like something we could each make in a matter of several hours to (at worst) an hour here and an hour there over the course of several days.

*attempts to battle with shoddy but adored OU team*

Quote:
Your team was rejected for the following reasons:
- Togekiss is not in the Kalos Pokedex.
- Hildegard (Togekiss) can't learn Defog because it's only obtainable from a previous generation.
- Tusk (Mamoswine) can't learn Superpower because it's only obtainable from a previous generation.
- Jirachi is not in the Kalos Pokedex.
- Jirachi is banned by Standard GBU.
- Jii (Jirachi) can't learn Iron Head because it's only obtainable from a previous generation.
- Jii (Jirachi) can't learn Ice Punch because it's only obtainable from a previous generation.
- Jii (Jirachi) can't learn Trick because it's only obtainable from a previous generation.
- You are limited to one of each item by Item Clause.
- (You have more than one Choice Scarf)
Whoops. ^^;;

Jii: Jiiiii.
Talon: I'm sorry, Jii. You'll have to sit this one out.

Hold on. In before Lol Token Fire Team.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote