View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #413
PiccoloNamek
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to PiccoloNamek
Beat: Enderal - English Localization (Total conversion for Skyrim; sequel to Nehrim)

Wow. That was awesome. It's almost hard to believe it was made by a bunch of normal people who were just working on it in their spare time. It's honestly better than most new games, and definitely better than Skyrim. The world is prettier and denser. Every place in it was hand-crafted and not generated with auto-erosion and landscaping algorithms. This is especially evident in the dungeons, which are very large, extremely non-linear, and not made from prefabs like the dungeons in Skyrim. The story is far more adult, nuanced and riveting. It's hard to say much without giving a lot away, but it definitely turns the whole "hero" thing on its head. The gameplay is fun as hell and very rewarding. It's rather more difficult than Skyrim. The world is unleveled, you can't fast travel, you can't wait, and you need to grind for EXP to really level up. The voice acting is for the most part incredible. There are a few duds here and there, but on the whole it is equal to any AAA game I've ever played. I don't know what else I can say, other than I am sad it's over. I can't wait for the DLC to be released.

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; 12-28-2016 at 08:03 PM.
PiccoloNamek is offline   Reply With Quote