Thread: Fawlty Towers
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #20
lilbluecorsola
Goodbye. I love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Season 2 Episode 6 "Basil the Rat" ... how sad that this is the last of the Fawlty Towers episodes! You mean I've only got five classic episodes to enjoy in future? (Oh, how my tune's changed in just one week! ) This was another great episode. I'm not sure I'd rank it above S2E2, S2E3, or S2E4, but I'd probably rank it above S2E1. A lot of fantastic moments. Totally had the same thought as Basil about Mr. Carnegie "the Scavenger Gourmet" when the scene began, and felt SO BAD for him when we then found out Mr. Carnegie's identity. "Thank God we English can laugh at each other, eh? A ha ha!" LOL @ poor Manuel and his "Siberian hamster." LOL @ the veal. LOL @ the Major. LOL @ the rat's name. And lol @ the final scene ... with the health inspector speechless and Basil having passed out and being dragged out of the dining hall by Manuel.
This sounds like the episode my mum and I saw. I remember it definitely involved a rat.

There are really only 12 episodes? Wow. Didn't realize it was that short. You can find them all on YT?
lilbluecorsola is offline   Reply With Quote