View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #102
Median Dia
Phantump Thief of Luck(?)
Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

Medlan Dia: It wasn't so much that the Clauncher's attack stat hadn't dropped, but more that it barely mattered. It was relying on its renowned water sniping abilities given that nothing had gotten close enough for another vice grip, although it obviously wanted Nadie in one of its wonky claws. A well-timed water gun dashed through the first bubble attack, but not quite the second or the full gust. The windy move did little, and although the bubble had its boost, Clauncher's typing and carapace meant it wasn't particularly impressive. However, backed up by an assurance from the confident bat, the demoralised troublemaker was looking pretty weak.

“Quick, Ami! If you catch it, maybe you can be friends!” Simon called out from where they were huddled. It made sense, you had even been given a Dive Ball by the girl you helped (well, Celia had it, but if you asked for it she would probably hand it over rather than make an impulsive beginnings to thievery), and Cordina Peak was known for being the place where people made lifelong Pokemon friends in Minnao. Of course, if looks could kill, the Clauncher might have single-handedly murdered everything in the isles that it had come across, so there was that. Oh well, not everything could go swimmingly. As if to point that out, Clauncher fired a powerful, double jet of water at Nadie out of resentment and stubbornness. What will you do?
Well, the thing may have been particularly skilled at diverting attacks against it, but it was pretty clear at this point that the clauncher was getting tired out. It made sense, though- there was little chance that the beautifly just let it hang around, especially if Ami's suspicions were correct! Between that and getting double teamed upon right now, it was only natural that it'd be having a tough time at the moment!

"Well, I did come here to catch something, so that's not a bad idea at all!" she called back to the kids. "Give me a sec Nadie, keep your distance and scramble its mind with Confusion! Bell, just sit back and blow another Bubble at it." These orders were more to keep the thing distracted so that it didn't try to turn her into a messy pile of bone and guts as she headed toward the local youth in order to retrieve the dive ball. Besides, the weaker it was, the less likely it was to bat the wave-patterned blue sphere away- that was always an annoying happening, after all!

"Thank you!" she said politely once she had the orb in hand. "Now, let's see if I can get this to work..." Ami watched the clauncher's movements carefully, looking for a prime time to rear back and throw... and took the chance. And hey, even if this one failed, she still had the pokeballs she had brought with her for this very purpose- the Water Gun Pokemon was as good as hers!

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote