View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #18
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad birtha View Post
I got this on release day, but baby squid game demanded me to not play. I'm in the first few bits of the game and (early game spoilers)
Spoiler: show
it's just like Sun/Moon. There's a few differences, but for the most part, it's exactly the same. If that's the case, what is the point of this game? I'm hoping there's some major upgrade that'll make me feel like I didn't waste $40 on this.

For the most part, I'm just disappointed that it's not a direct sequel, because I was actually interested in the first game's story, and what happens after that. What about ponytail Lillie kicking ass?!

Also MC's face is still horrifying. Imagine how scary it is for your starter to be picked up and stared at by that soulless husk of a person.
Spoiler: show
The problem is, you're going in expecting B2/W2 when you should be expecting more like Emerald or Platinum. It's a third (and fourth) version, not a sequel. You'll see some definite differences, particularly later on, and you'll find that many parts of the game have the difficulty ramped up quite a bit, making for more of a challenge. but yes, overall, expect largely the same story with a few improvements here and there.

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote