View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 05:19 PM   #23
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Rushing into the village, you announce yourself to everyone, their hero was finally here! The Sirunsan all look at you strangely, staring for a moment before returning to there work. This was far from a hero's welcome. You look around, waiting for someone to come up and praise you, or at least point you in the direction of the problem, but it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in you. That is until a large, brute of a man, stomps out from a building, ducking to prevent taking his own head off. He stomps a few metres away from you, he glares down at you like he would his breakfast. He booms something in his native tongue, it makes no sense to you, complete nonsense. However a small boy, roughly the same size as you, steps out from behind the Goliath.

"He said small children shouldn't play out here, it is dangerous. Return to your parents before he forces you to." The boy's English is rough and he often stumbles, but he gives a pretty good translation. The towering figure waits a moment for your reply. Would he physically force you to leave the village or would he have a Pokemon do it for him? Either way it seemed you weren't welcome here.

"Challenge him to a battle", the kid whispers. "It is our custom, fight bravely and you'll be welcomed into the village." The giant of a man glares down at the boy, he couldn't understand what he was saying but he didn't like the idea of him giving you advice.
"You're the least hairy Slaking I've ever seen," retorted Tama in the giant's face, pretending not to be intimidated, with all the courage of a boy who knows he won't be understood. "I'd tell you to pick on someone your own size, but Slaking are pretty rare in the wild..."

Rowlet pecked Tama on the ear, urging him to stop being an idiot before they were all pummeled to death.

"Ouch! Jeez Rowlet, you're no fun," complained the self-proclaimed Shining Star of Alola. "You're sitting this one out as punishment."

The owl did his best to try and look upset, and took flight away from the scene, surveying it from above at a safe distance. The last thing he wanted was to pick a fight with whatever Pokemon that mountain of a man had on him, but why let Tama know? Best pretend to be disappointed and let someone else handle this mess... Rowlet knew Tama's other companions would be eager to throw fists like idiots.

"Alright meathead, if you want me to prove myself, you got it! I'm challenging you to a battle, so try to keep up! Get in there, Totodile!"

The small alligator leaped in excitement and ran in front of Tama, assuming his battle position, but not before sticking his tongue out at Elekid, who was less than happy about not having been chosen. Between Totodile getting to fight instead of him, and that stupid Joltik taking his place as scout, today was not going well for Elekid at all...