View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 PM   #6404
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I presume the girl moved to Tokyo to make it a Japanese baseball thing, which functions differently from baseball clubs in America. The summary of the manager role is particularly pointed as that position doesn't exist in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Tokyo is neither San Francisco nor would most cross-Pacific fans playing this game associate "Giants" in Tokyo with San Francisco before associating it with Yomiuri.
This is true, but Yomiuri is named after the New York Giants (who became San Francisco) so the idea isn't necessarily city specific, but team specific.

Quote:
Are the high school boys teenage-ified versions of actual San Francisco Giants players or are their names, appearances, and/or personalities made up?
Since I'm too chicken to comment on the post directly, I'll confirm it here - it's a mix of anime stereotypes and legitimate traits of the players. Brandon Crawford for example is indeed a reserved person, so that was spun off into the "cool, handsome" type character. The glasses thing is funny because anyone who is good at defense using a key position is called a "wizard" or "professor".

Good for him though that he's got a pet project that he's working towards turning into a reality. I wish him the best of luck with it. It may not be the game for me, but I hope he finds his audience.

Quote:
Has he seen or read any of the famous baseball anime or manga? Touch, Cross Game, anything else by Adachi Mitsuru , Moshidora, One Outs ... The only one of these I've seen myself is Moshidora, though a friend in college watched Touch and I believe Yuki's read or watched Cross Game.
Natto probably watches more now than BBB used to in his prime. He's a graphic artist in San Francisco and for some reason I've noticed that a lot of artists tend to remain fervent anime fans as they age. There's a few comic book artists on Arlong Park who are much the same.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote