View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 04:19 PM   #4678
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
I did make a disclaimer that there were going to be Pokemon that bucked the trend, and you'd expect them at either end of the chart. For Deoxys, its stats are so high it can lower its Attack and still do huge damage to the Special walls, and for Aegislash it doesn't follow convention either because of King's Shield and Stance Change.

In fact, Aegislash-S is very efficient, at a 9.6% waste.

On the other side, you see Blissey, Chansey and Shuckle as the most efficient Pokemon, considering their low attack/special attack stats. This lends them to being walls. But what I hope to find are not the weird Pokemon like that, but rather those who have proper min/maxed stats.

Mega Heracross was one, but here's another:

Beedrill-Mega - 3.0%

I suspect the reason these two megas are listed is, the Mega Evolution only boosted one attacking stat, which gives them the unique attribute of having both a high BST and a high adjusted BST. Although neither touches 600 BST.

Many Megas seem to fit this trend too, including Latias-M (14.3%) and Tyranitar-M (13.6%).

The overall average is 14.1% waste. So which is the most powerful Pokemon, that doesn't transform, who is also above-average in efficiency?

>700 BST: None
>600 BST: Lugia, Regigigas
>500 BST: Registeel, Uxie, Suicine, Terrakion, Keldeo, Regice, Regirock, Tapu Fini, Kartana, Nihilego, Stakataka, Buzzwole, Florges, Volcarona, Togekiss, Naganadel, Snorlax, Milotic, Gyarados, Haxorus, Darmanitan, Blissey, Magnezone, Crobat, Noivern, Rhyperior, Delphox, Primarina, Chesnaught, Mamoswine, Golisopod, Aggron, Hippowdon, Dusknoir, Sylveon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon, Leafeon, Probopass, Tyrantrum, Klinklang, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Wash, Rotom-Frost, Rotom-Fan, Rotom-Mow, Chandelure, Aegislash-Shield, Krookodile, Gardevoir, Gallade, Tentacruel, Roserade, Gigalith, Aerodactyl, Cryogonal, Avalugg, Poliwrath, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Steelix, Tsareena, Weavile, Gliscor, Excadrill, Pyroar, Beartic, Ninetails-Alolan, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Shuckle, Claydol, Leavanny, Vikavolt, Muk, Muk-Alolan, Gengar, Drapion, Donphan, Mudsdale, Scizor, Scyther, Pinsir, Bewear, Barbaracle, Carbink, Alakazam, Stoutland, Heracross

WHEW. The list is even larger >400 but beyond that I think you get into noise territory (where BST is so small, Pokemon seem efficient when they're so weak it doesn't matter). I feel like this captures close to the bell curve. So analysis!

1. Gengar, Heracross, and Alakazam were already quite efficient before getting their Mega Evolutions, and those Megas just increased efficiency. They were highly specialized as Special Attackers and Physical Attackers, but if the Megas weren't even more efficient, they wouldn't have seen a change.
2. The Ulta Beasts are min/maxed to heck. This is pretty obvious if you look at their stats, but Pheromosa is absent, due to her Deoxys-like distribution. Unlike Deoxys, she doesn't have the typing, ability, priority or high overall BST to get away with those stats, so she's unviable in Ubers.
3. Uxie is an unexpected name I don't know a lot about.
4. The list tends to learn more heavily toward older generations.
5. Some very interesting Pokemon just missed the cutoff, like Slaking, Serperior, Torterra and Starmie

At the top of the list, highest overall adjusted BST:

Mewtwo-MY (19.2)
Mewtwo-MX (19.7)
Kyogre-P (19.5)
Groudon-P (19.5)
Zygarde-C (12.9)
Tyranitar-M (13.6)
Rayquaza-M (23.1)
Arceus (16.7)
Latias-M (14.3)
Metagross-M (15.0)
Lugia (13.2)
Regigigas (11.9)
Necrozma-U (22.1)

Rayquaza was wasteful before Mega Evolving (22%) and its Mega Evolved state is more or less the same. While, Kyogre and Groudon were surprisingly efficient (14.9) and remained so even after Primal Reversion.

Unless you count the Megas, there's much less representation in later gens.

This is weird too:

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum box legendaries
Black, White box legendaries
Sun, Moon box legendaries
Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon box legendaries

Only Necrozma-DM stands out and that's because literally everything else about it, offsets its modest stats and distribution.

Well that was fun. Now I'm bored again.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote