Old 07-31-2007, 12:06 AM   #45
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Re: Ever17 ―the out of infinity―

Yes, the t-shirt is kosher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuande

Enjoying it so far, it reads like a "Not quite A, not quite B" sci-fi novel. I'm finding all of the skin contact Yuu does to the Kid very erotic (probably too erotic, *sigh* >> , I'm such a doujin boy), but at the same time, my brain is having a hard time accepting the very kinky path this story is going to take. So far, it is a game I respect on the level I respect normal games. It doesn't feel like an H-game at all. I can't BELIEVE it is an H-game.
Maybe because...it's NOT. :P

Quote:

- every time Yuu's character says the word "you" in her dialogue, the game glitches and thinks she's supposed to be saying Kid. Example: she is supposed to say "you there" and it comes out looking like "Kidere" because the letters K-I-D superimposed over the letters Space-T-H.
What? Feh, that's probably a programming error from the translation of Yuu -> You, though I don't remember too many instances of that. There were cases of misuse of the word "you/your/you're" but instances like that seemed far and few to me.

/needs to play Kid's route again.

Quote:

- Yuu's name is Yuu. But it's spelled You for the sake of an American audience. VERY annoying to students of Japanese. >_< I keep wanting to read it as either "You" (pron. YO, like a yo-yo) or as the English word "you" with the associated psychological connotations of 2nd person pronouns. >_< Grr!
Nope, while KID writes her name in kanji correctly, they chose "You" as the English romanization so they could do all the word-play jokes. Actually, there's more to it but i can't say. I will note Hirameki made no art edits to the game, nor did they add extra command lines (which you will see in the case of dwarves/mermaids) - word plugging like you mentioned earlier sounds a bit strange, though. I just assumed KID/Hirameki did what BioWare has done in Baldur's Gate - turned everything into strings.

Quote:

- I've spent 30 minutes and I still only have met Yuu and Sara/Mayo. Where are all the others!?
- I want to know what happened! Why did the water come gushing in!?
Patience! This is a LONG visual novel - keep in mind I said it took me eight or nine hours to RUSH through You's Path! Talon will meet up with the truth in good time. Actually, after checking my own game, if you are where you say you are you shouldn't have to wait very long.

Quote:

- the text ... it's on max speed and goes faster than the audio. But on slower speeds the text is too slow. @[email protected] I can't win!
Matching the voices and the text speed is probably going to be impossible given the characters are speaking Japanese and the text is in English. There's probably an ideal speed for you on Japanese version of the game but it won't be the case with the English. For me, I just used the max speed and treated the game like a subtitled anime - I get to see all of the lines a couple seconds in the future before the characters finish talking. Sometimes, I wouldn't even let them finish talking.

Quote:

... but that stated, the game is like 90% enjoyment 10% annoyance right now, so that's pretty good.
Oh man, and you're still on the first day!

After another browse-through, I found a reference to another infinity title! Haha, oh wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
"Even if we are floating in the middle of the Pacific, it's not as if we're lost in a blizzard."
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote