View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer

Before I detail my team, gonna talk plot, so yeah, here there be spoilers;

Spoiler: show
Yeah, they ramped up the difficulty here and there. First off, the Trainers' School teacher, instead of packing Magnemite and Alolan Meowth, now specifically has the Alola starter that screws yours over. And since the earliest available member of my planned team didn't come until Route 2... yeah, this meant I had to beat a Rowlet with a Popplio that hadn't yet learned Icy Wind. Fortunately, Leafage is physical, and Popplio gets Baby-Doll Eyes. Very underrated move for the Popplio line, IMO- basically priority Growl for something slow that could use a bit of extra physical bulk. I only recently got rid of the move on Primarina.

And the Totems! Oh, man! Gumshoos was no harder than average- then again, I had Brick Break Crabrawler by that point, so yeah. Araquanid, though! I mean, Totem Wishiwashi I remember being a challenge back in Moon, but then I was going up against it with just Rockruff and Torracat, so yeah. But Araquanid is just- I mean, thank Arceus Bubble is its Water move. Can you imagine it with Bubble Beam? STAB Bubble Beam? With Water Bubble? In the rain? I had to spam Baby-Doll Eyes and Icy Wind with Brionne to wear it down to the point where I could actually outspeed it, and not worry about that Leech Life healing off the damage while destroying my team. Oh, and Noibat users beware- I opened the battle with my Noibat. Araquanid opened the battle with freaking Aurora Beam. It saw me coming a mile away. And Marowak took two tries- I swear that thing must be packing a Thick Club or something. Lurantis actually wasn't too bad- Crabrawler went for Power-Up Punch, then KO'd with Brick Break-turned-All-Out Pummeling. And it called in Kecleon rather than Comfey, so I only had Kecleon to deal with.

Totem Togedemaru, though! The Miltank of Death in Pikaclone form! I don't know if it's just me, though, seeing as my only Ground move is Crabrawler's Bulldoze, and that thing's packing Bounce, but I had to spam Revives, Super Potions, and Roto Boosts like crazy! Mimikyu wasn't nearly as bad, though this had a lot to do with Primarina dodging Play Roughs thanks to his high affection.

OK, so, the team right now is as follows- I just got to Poni Island.

[email protected] Z, male, lv. 51 (Dusk Ball)
Hardy nature
Early Bird
~Flamethrower
~Snarl
~Sludge Bomb
~Foul Play

[email protected] Z, female, lv. 52 (Great Ball)
Careful nature
Infiltrator
~Air Slash
~Shadow Ball
~Psychic
~Super Fang

[email protected] Z, male, lv. 52 (Nest Ball)
Rash nature
Iron Fist
~Ice Punch
~Brick Break
~Dizzy Punch
~Thunder Punch

[email protected] Z, male, lv. 52 (Poké Ball)
Naughty nature
Leaf Guard
~Leaf Blade
~X-Scissor
~Bite
~Swords Dance

[email protected] Z, male, lv. 52 (Poké Ball)
Bold nature
Torrent
~Sparkling Aria
~Moonblast
~Shadow Ball
~Hyper Voice

My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is online now   Reply With Quote