View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 04:39 PM   #21
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
Yeah, god damn. I was reading some number testing and it even freaking out damages Keldeo with Hydro Pump. Like.. holy shit. It basically has Thick Fat, super Adaptability, and Water Veil all in one ability? Who approved that? On top of that it has absolute sick Sp.Def, and Assault Vest + Leech Life makes it obscene. Especially with that Leech Life boost. You can also run it for Doubles with Wide Guard + Entrainment.

Water types got soooo much good shit this gen. Hello rain, my old friend.
I can't wait to see the hilarious things people pull off in doubles. People were running damage calcs swapping Water Bubble to Kyogre in the discovery thread, for example. Araquanid also gets Power Split if you want to do a defensive spread and then buff the Attack off of an opponent's physical sweeper. And they nerfed Gale Wing Talonflame hard this gen! It is a good gen for bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
The crazier thing is that for some reason the ability description prioritised Fire and burn resistance above "all my Water moves have double power".
Classic Gamefreak, I suppose. This isn't the first time they've left things out of descriptions, though it might be the biggest hidden buff ever.
Schala is offline   Reply With Quote