View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:46 AM   #41
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Yeah, this sounds like Vintage blue decks in MtG. With the right opening hand, the game is over on Turn 2.

Dunno why you'd even want to play such a game. Or how you're able to find others who would want to play with you. Is it really fun to you? Sounds pretty dreadful, to be quite honest. I wouldn't mind playing Deoxys in an old school block (and I'd still probably get my ass handed to me), but I don't think there's even any point in playing your deck if it's something that says, "Turn 1, you only have two cards in hand and it's only going to get worse from here." If I can't draw, I can't play. If I can't play, then fuck the game. At least in MtG, if a combo deck is going to shut down card draw, the victim at least has a good opportunity (3-4 turns minimum) to see it coming and maybe do something about it. This ... this just sounds like a waste of time.
Yeah. We used to be able to throw our favorite cards together and have a working deck. Now you pick an archetype, get the cards you need and follow a specific pattern with said cards. Not much fun or originality anymore. Hence my hatred for most meta.

>In the game as it is now, Gladiator Beasts are too slow and can't special summon enough to compete with current decks. They're now considered a "fun, nostalgic archetype" Although after every banlist they come back in the competitive world for about a month before dying down again

*eye twitch* I fucking hate this new game.

Last edited by kusari; 02-18-2012 at 01:49 AM.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote