View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 08:06 AM   #6
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Round 1: The Preparations

COLOURS

From the side of Trot Away, comes a Spheal by the name of Flo. Not my first choice of pokemon but a cutie nonetheless. Let's take a look at Spheal's characteristics.

Quote:
Spheal (Water/Ice): Spheal have rotund bodies which allow them to gain speed and momentum very quickly with Rollout. They move primarily by rolling when on land but prefer to swim if possible. If the floor is slippery like an Ice field, they can maneuverable easily using their flippers and tail. They are highly resistant to freezing temperatures and remain nimble in the coldest waters where other Pokémon might be numbed. They are very agile swimmers, generally. They can easily conceal themselves in snowy and icy environments. They are able to hold objects on their nose, allowing them to manipulate objects and use them in attacks. They can see in the dark.
Spoiler: show
[Water]: Water-type Pokémon are generally able to hold their breath and/or breathe underwater. The time varies, from several rounds in the case of birds, mammals and reptiles to indefinitely for fish and squid like Pokémon. They are generally good swimmers, with fish excelling the most, and are better at manipulating Water for moves like Surf and Whirlpool than other Pokémon, using less energy to do so even outside of water. Their Surf and Whirlpool attacks do not lose potency when used without a water source.
[Ice]: Ice-type Pokémon are highly resistant to cold and fight more enthusuastically in cold environments. However, they hate hot temperatures, and will not fight as enthusiastically. If their STAB attacks have a secondary effect, they are slightly more likely to have their effects triggered. Their Ice type moves are significantly colder than those used by any other Pokémon, giving them a much greater ability to numb and slow the foe. In addition, any areas frozen by an Ice type will become sore even after the ice has been knocked loose, creating a painful area like Crush Claw does. Their chilled bodies allow them to create ice more readily than other Pokémon, significantly speeding up their Ice type attacks. Ice-types are generally sure footed and difficult to knock over, moving with ease across slippery surfaces and through strong winds and storms.
From the side of Beautiful Savage comes Hisako the Abra! A fine choice if I do say so myself. Carmack, what do you think of her? Starting to feel a little red-faced are we?

Carmack: My love is reserved for the earth and all its creations man. Like, we're all connected to the earth, and by extension, we're all connected to one anoth-

I'm gonna stop you there Carmack, we need to get the battle underway! Let's take a look at Abra's characteristics.

Quote:
Abra (Psychic): Abra sleep most of their life. Therefore, they are more resistant (but not completely immune) to sleep-inducing attacks and are able to aim their attacks instinctively when using Sleep Talk. Abra can see in the dark. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy.
Spoiler: show
[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pokémon within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.
Now without further ado, let the battle commence!

Hisako opens up the bout, channeling her energy around her in the form of a Cube. As the energy starts to envelop her, it solidifies, Reflecting the sunlight from the greenhouse outwards around it. A dazzling display if I do say so myself, but we're not in a contest so no brownie points there. All the while, Spheal starts gulping up energy, Stockpiling it in her gut for later use, and a slight defence bonus. Hisako see's her open target, starting to charge forward whilst imbuing Psychic energy around her skull. With a clear mind and building momentum, she charges the Spheal with a Zen Headbutt. Flo braces for impact as she is forced backwards somewhat, the Stockpile helping mitigate some of the damage taken. She is ready. Almost instantly after she is hit, she charges and looses an Ice Beam, striking Abra straight through his reflect. Both pokemon gather their thoughts and stand as they await their next orders.

Well that was certainly an eventful first round. Carmack, do you feel like coming over here and analysing our battlers well-being?

Carmack: Looks like Flo is looking better on both health and energy at the moment. That slight boost helped her reduce some of the damage from that headbutt and she'll have a reserve of energy stored up for a few rounds. Lets see if she puts it to good use.

Hisako on the other hand used a lot of energy for a first round, and for not so much gain. She's quite a way below Flo in that regard, and only slightly lower on health. That reflect might come in handy however, and she'll have that for longer than Flo has her Stockpile for.

You know Carmack, you can sound so sophisticated when you do your analysis... why don't you talk like this all the time?

Carmack: I just wanna get paid man.

Fair enough.

Trot Away to order please.