4 vs 4
Singles
Slapstick
Switch=Gym
24 Hour DQ
Equilevel 3
The Kiddie Pool

The "Kiddie Pool" Arena

For little squirts too young to be facing off against Gym Leader Concept in the deep end, there’s a nice shallow pool where happy-go-lucky Gym Trainer Emp will put you to the test! The Kiddie Pool is a curved, outdoor swimming pool roughly 200x330 feet (60x100 meters). The water is pretty shallow, about 1-2 feet (0.5 meters) deep in the challenger’s end rising to 4-5 feet (1.5 meters) at the Gym Trainer’s end, diving isn’t recommended on account of serious neck injuries.

Rubber rings, inflatables and floats shaped like various Pokémon are spread about the arena, which can be used as a means of floatation for really small Pokémon. However they’ll be considerably restricted in movement. There’s a giant Ludicolo sombrero on a pedestal in the shallow end covering a good third of the arena, which infrequently (25% chance per round) sprays water soaking the Pokémon and simulating the effect of a rain dance for one round.

For safety reasons, there’s a Lifeguard tower on the pool’s edge manned by “The Hoff”, a Machoke lifeguard. Pokémon aren’t allowed to leave the swimming pool during the battle (excluding flying/levitating Pokémon), The Hoff enforces this rule by Seismic Tossing Pokémon that try climbing out of the pool back in. He doesn’t otherwise interrupt battles, but he will save drowning Pokémon and resuscitate them with his awesome CPR.

To keep the water clean for the little tykes it’s treated with high levels of chlorine. Whilst this doesn’t harm the challenger’s Pokémon, the chemicals make grass types feel less comfortable - somewhat less focused with their attacks taking longer to perform.

Optional Special Rules: Heat Wave, “Pamela” a female Machoke lifeguard.

So Kairne wants to challenge Concept, but he has to defeat Emp first. Kairne's love for minerals might make this difficult, but I assume he has more sense than Blaze in this matter.

A squad from Emp first please, and I assume you know the drill.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote