View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #4041
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
There's no reason to release the entire Mueller report to the public except as a pandering move to this era's lust for leaks and sensationalism. Keeping it confidential is SOP in this situation, as it was with the report done on Nixon back in the day.

I don't think Barr is corrupt either, though what Shuckle says does hold true. We'll have to wait a little longer for a longer breakdown of the contents.

I need to remind everyone though that ultimately, what is being spun as Russian interference is just as easily manufactured by 4chan as it was by a authoritarian Eastern European regime:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
[Mueller's] report confirmed that Russia had attempted to interfere in the election in two ways: disinformation and social media campaigns, and computer hacking and strategic release of information.

The clandestine influence campaign involved the Internet Research Agency "troll farm" creating thousands of social media accounts that impersonated Americans supporting radical groups, planning and promoting rallies, and reached millions of social media users between 2013 and 2017. According to criminal indictments by the Special Counsel, those messages and activities "spread distrust towards the candidates and the political system in general", for example by discouraging African Americans from voting or by motivating conservative voters wary of Trump.

Additionally, hackers affiliated with the Russian military intelligence service (GRU) penetrated computer systems of the Democratic National Committee (DNC), the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), and Clinton campaign officials, notably chairman John Podesta. Tens of thousands of private emails and attachments were released to the public during the final months of the campaign, via DCLeaks, Guccifer 2.0 and Wikileaks. The exposed information revealed internal bias against Clinton's primary challenger Bernie Sanders, which led to the resignation of the DNC chair and lukewarm backing of Clinton by Sanders supporters.
Does it really strike anyone as likely that Trump's campaign crew would collude with internet trolls, directly? I find it highly unlikely it's a calculated conspiracy and more some of Trump's more corrupt staff members made clumsy and haphazard attempts to cozy up to the ambassadors, as was the case with Manaford and Gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post

I won't be disappointed if Trump is still in line regardless but honestly I'm convinced he's not (ie he's guilty of something, impeachable or not) for the sole reason that if he were innocent the fact that he should have nothing to hide would mean he should have no reason whatsoever to make such a big deal out of getting in the way like he did the entire time this went on. He believed an investigation completely aimed at guilty parties was targeting him, for all appearances, which says enough for me. If that would be a false positive, the man needs a serious assessment of his ability to function as a President because holy fuck.
Yeah his behaviour makes zero sense. Although, this errant behaviour is hardly unique to the Russian interference controversy; Trump acts weird and impulsive everywhere. So maybe this is what he's really like all the time.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote