View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Sharpedo Kantai Collection

What is Kantai Collection?

"Kantai Collection (艦隊これくしょん), also known as KanColle (艦これ) , is a online browser game in which one assumes the role of an admiral, assembles a fleet of kanmusu ("ship girl", girls based on World War II era Japanese ships and submarines) and battles against fleets of alien enemy warships" - KanColle Wikia [with minor edits here and there]

Spoiler: show

And these images don't even cover all the girls. Especially the Abyssal Girls!

Who happen to be right here!

Still not all of them though.

So, think Touhou. So many shipgirls. I guess you can call KanColle as the game that has a similarly sized fan community, especially given that it's only been around for... a year and a bit? You could say that the amount of images and comics is on par with Touhou, with relationships and personalities thought up on based on their quotes in-game. Music's there too, but it's not as abundant. Same with videos for some reason. I'm sure that'll pick up soon enough.

Pretty crazy, eh? I don't actually play myself because it's amazingly hard to get into. I mean:

1. You need to be in Japan to play in the first place (although there are ways to circumvent this)
2. You need an account on a shopping site.
3. You need to go into a lottery before you can even start playing as an admiral of your fleet.
4. You need to refresh the page given to you once you're in the lottery at just the right time so that you can go nuts and begin your campaign.

Basically: Very hard.

Of course, the fandom is pretty good at depicting the shipgirls in their daily lives when they're not out sortieing or whatnot, so you're not really missing out on much if you can't play.

Anyhoo, I'll just leave you with this.

Spoiler: show
BORKED
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote