View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #21
myahoo
Thunder Badge

Cortoza Updates - Set Twenty-One

Missingno. Master: As you approach the pink Volcarona, the other Larvesta and Volcarona part for you and watch you pass. At the same time, a figure slowly fades into visibility above the pink Volcarona for every step you take. By the time you stop, the figure looks almost solid enough to touch, though you’re still several feet away.

A woman ‘stands’ above the pink Volcarona, clad in a dress that ripples like fire with long copper hair and obsidian eyes. Behind you, you hear a sharp inhale and then shifting as Ieni and the Ponyta react to the sight of the woman, but you don’t turn back to look. She listens as you make your case, her haughty expression unchanging despite your plea, and then you wait for her response. She lets you wait, glancing from you to Meowth to Ieni and the two Ponyta behind you before looking back at you and smoothing her dress down as much as she could when the fabric refused to stay still.

“Traveler,” she says and her voice rumbles like the volcano under you feet. “I am the goddess of fire, lightning, dance, volcanoes, and violence.” She pauses. “It was not I who brought you here.” Her lip curls and her voice crackles and pops like a campfire. “But, if I had chosen someone to determine how angry I should be with that village, I would not have chosen an outsider to do it.” Pele bares her teeth at you as the lava in the pit bubbles and rises. The Volcarona and Larvesta shift angrily and you’re abruptly reminded of the fact that they’re half surrounding you. “What do you know of the festivals and traditions I am owed? What do you know of how often they should throw them?” She glances over at Ieni and the two Ponyta, gaze burning. “I presume they didn’t tell you that the last time they dedicated a festival to me was last year when I went out of my way to remind them.”

She pulls back and eyes you critically. “No. There will be no recourse. This has gone on too long and they refuse to change. I have been insulted too often to accept it anymore. I will wipe the island clean and take my chances with the next peoples who settle here.” She turns towards the ocean. “The earthquake nears and it will shake this island to its bones.” She turns back to you. “What will you do, Traveler?”

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote