View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 11:42 PM   #1021
Missingno. Master
His name is Goggles. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
Pokémon Birthday Presents:
  • x1 Birthday Candy Cake: What's a birthday without a cake? Gives 3 levels.
  • x1 Birthday Berry Milkshake: A nice refreshing shake so good, it can make a Pokémon feel a totally new experience, or remind them of young, blissful times. Teaches either an Egg Move or a Move Tutor move.
  • x1 TM
  • x1 Birthday Poffin: Amazingly crafted by dedicated bakers, all Pokémon love it! Raises all contest stats by 10.
  • x1 Birthday Gummi: That rare treat can't be found anywhere but here! Raises Bond by 2.
Christmas at Sludge Wave Coast- definitely an enjoyable experience, as Gavin and Terri found out. Keith might only have had one guest bedroom, but Terri had absolutely no problem sleeping on a couch in the living room. Their accommodations were lovely, their host was more than hospitable, and everyone's Pokémon got along quite nicely. Those who used to belong to Keith were happy to reunite with former teammates, and vice versa. Help proved to be a huge, well, help at the Pokémon Center. Gavin's Aipom drove everybody crazy. And Marvolo entertained some of their guests with the story of the Seviper who saved Christmas. But easily the highlight of the holiday was when Keith invited Gavin and Terri to live with him at Sludge Wave Coast, offering to help them build their own houses on the property. The pair of Trainers were stunned, but once the initial shock had worn off, they readily accepted the offer.

For the time being, while construction was underway, Gavin and Terri continued to live in the Poisonous Palace. Keith didn't mind this in the slightest, and while both guests hoped to not be a burden, their worries kinda faded as they ate more and more of Hermione and Cotton's cooking. And soon, the time came for one of them to celebrate.

Laugh the Froslass was practicing her moves in the Battle Room. Her Ice Beam had been used to create magnificent pillars of ice, and now, with carefully controlled balls of fire courtesy of her Will-O-Wisp move, combined with some well-placed Bites and Ice Shards, she was shaping the pillars into impressive ice sculptures. Most of them were just intricate shapes and patterns, but the two biggest ones were made to look like herself and Terri. As she put on the finishing touches, Laugh floated backwards, the better to admire what she'd done-

"Ooh, wow, so pretty!"

"Oh!" Laugh exclaimed, jumping and blushing- she hadn't been expecting anyone to enter, least of all Terri herself. "Um... y-you really like them?" she asked.

"Yeah, of course I do," Terri smiled as she walked in, gazing up at the ice sculptures of herself and the Froslass. "We look so beautiful... you're so talented, Laugh."

"Th-thanks," the Froslass replied modestly, blushing and smiling. "I... I mean, I just... I- I liked doing this sort of thing back on Mt. Scuffle, but my sisters always... w-well, they never thought it measured up t-to freezing someone solid..."

"Well, this has gotta take a lot more skill than just encasing someone in ice," Terri stated. "They don't know what they're talking about. I think they're jealous. But enough about that- happy birthday," Terri added with a smile.

Laugh smiled back. "You remembered?" she said.

"How could I not?" responded Terri. She walked out of the room, and reentered a second later, carrying a large ice cream cake. "I had them make this as a combination of the cake and the milkshake," she said. "And the Poffin and Gummi are incorporated as well."

"Th-thank you," smiled Laugh, and she set to work, eating the cake at once. Judging by the happy sounds she made as she chewed, Terri's efforts had not been for nothing. Terri then produced two more items from behind her back- a pink disc and a black, ornately decorated sphere. The disc, of course, was a TM, but once Laugh had used it, her attention turned to the sphere. "A... a Poké Ball?" she murmured. "Terri, wh... y-you know I don't like being in one..."

"I know," nodded Terri. "And I also know that sometimes you're forced to be in one, and knowing how much you dislike it always tears at me. Observe and Want describe their Luxury Balls as feeling like they're being lovingly wrapped in a warm hug whenever they're inside. So... I went out and bought the best, most pristine and perfect Luxury Ball I could find. I figure that if ever you need to go back in your ball, at least with this it'll feel like I'm hugging you all the while. I know I always wish that's what I was doing," she finished with a smile.

Laugh couldn't speak, moved by the gift. Shyly she floated in, and she and Terri exchanged a passionate kiss. "Th... thank you," she said. "I... I love you, Terri," she added, almost sounding fearful of what might be said in response to this.

A baseless fear, as Terri quickly proved. "I love you too, Laugh," she said. And once all resultant displays of affection had ceased, Terri produced Laugh's old Poké Ball, giving her the suggestion to Crunch it to pieces. Once this was achieved, Terri gently tapped the Froslass with the Luxury Ball, and almost immediately upon the capture being completed, Laugh re-emerged, looking nowhere near as stressed as she tended to look when emerging from her old ball. "Well? How does it feel?" Terri asked.

"Like... like a warm hug," smiled Laugh. "From you."

Terri smiled back, and hugged the Froslass. "Like this?" she giggled. "You're not gonna want to spend more time in there, are you?"

Laugh giggled as well. "Why would I?" she responded. "The real thing is so much better."

~~~~~~~

*Laugh grew to level 44!*

*Laugh grew to level 45!*

*Laugh grew to level 46!*

*Laugh learned the MT move Water Pulse!*

*Laugh learned the TM move Psychic!*

*Laugh ate the Birthday Poffin!*

*Laugh's Contest stats each rose from 0 to 10!*

*Laugh ate the Birthday Gummi!*

*Laugh's Bond rose from 41 to 43!*

And finally, transferring Laugh the Froslass into this Luxury Ball, discarding her old Poké Ball in the process. This will also result in her Bond going from 43 to 50.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote