Thread: The Hatchery
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #17
Naru
Bring it on, shorty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
In state-of-the-art hatching modules, the eggs under the care of Miss Lulu live in perfectly temperature-controlled environs for as long as they need to incubate (which, mysteriously, always seems to be exactly one week - researchers to this day are still baffled by this phenomenon) and grow into fully-formed baby Pokemon. Not a single gust of wind or drop of rain, not a single deviance in temperature or humidity... the perfect little encased world for these perfect little ovoids.

The world outside, however, is something of a rude awakening.

Before the two little babies can open their eyes, their ears are blasted with the sound of whirring air - fans, operating on full blast - which do little to mitigate the oppressive heat and stifling humidity of midday July. Miss Lulu, desperately fanning herself with an old magazine, immediately turns her makeshift fan to the babies in an attempt to cool them off.

One of the babies, a white, seal-like Pokemon, discovers right away that he is capable of a little trick - a delicate spray of water over himself, and he is feeling nice and cool. He splashes Miss Lulu's face with another spray, and she giggles, looking appreciative despite the unexpected soak.

The other baby, despite her tree-like appearance, is far less than enthused at the attempt to cool her off. Storming off in indignation at being attacked without provocation, Miss Lulu does her best to turn the stubborn baby around and explain, very gently, that the act was an attempt to help. Already, however, the water type in question has become listless from the heat, and has curled up into slumber. The pseudo-tree immediately begins crying - it was hard for even Miss Lulu to tell whether she was doing it to draw fluids out of her body, or show her emotional state... perhaps both. With all the moisture in the air, the baby would probably be crying awhile... while the cold-weather loving seal seemed to be getting more and more uncomfortable in his attempts to sleep off the heat.

Miss Lulu frowns. Hopefully these two would be adopted by trainers who liked to travel, because neither of these little ones seemed at all suited to the humid environment outside. An idle thought passes through her mind of escaping the hatchery with the babies to go on a trip to the beach... If only.

---

OkikuMew has hatched a Lv1 Female Bonsly with EM Headbutt.
Naru has hatched a Lv1 Male Seel.
God it was hot.

Isaac hated wearing shorts, especially with his hairy legs on display for everyone to see. It wasn't that he didn't know how to shave, he just hated putting the effort into shaving when he knew that the hair would just grow back in a week or two. He sighed irritably, he probably could've packed something a little less stupid to wear in Fizzytopia as well --- this disgusting pineapple shirt made him look like an awful tourist. At least he had some cool sunglasses to keep the sun out of his eyes. Vinny had picked them out at a convenience store the two had stopped at to buy cigarettes, and although he usually wasn't a glasses guy, he had to admit the Leafeon had good taste.

Speaking of the Leafeon, the weather seemed to energize her. She bounced around happily, letting the sun's rays hit her leafy ears with small happy twitches. He supposed it was a plant thing, but he certianly felt like he was going to wither away any second now. He yanked the collar of his shirt, huffing out a loud breath.

"Can we go back to Unova yet? It's not as hot there." He asked, causing Vinny to roll her eyes. She liked their new home, and she refused to go back to that awful industrial region in her new form. The pollution would turn her leaves rotten, and she wasn't exactly one to be looking gross with that strapping new male on their team. As she stared off dreamily, Isaac sighed. Where did her mind keep wandering off to? She had been like this since he found Kyp... and he was getting mighty suspicious that the Leafeon might be developing a small crush on the Electrike.

"Oh thank god," Isaac breathed out, causing Vinny's ears to perk up. "We're here." He swung the door to the hatchery open, feeling the cooling sensation from the mediated environment almost instantly. He sighed in relief, it was way too hot a day to welcome his new egg into the world. Fanning himself with his hand, he approached the counter --- looking at the adorably dressed Miss Lulu. She looked wet, exhausted, and very hot. Isaac smiled politely, taking off his sunglasses.

"I'm here to pick up my baby," He chuckled to himself, examining Lulu's wet hair, "I hope my baby wasn't the one to do that." Lulu brushed it off, a smile on her face and a skip in her step. He supposed with the heat outside, it probably felt quite refreshing to be sprayed with water. As he walked to the back room with her, he noticed the adorable little Seel that was groaning in the heat, as well as the cute tiny tree would was crying out. He gave a pitied smile, he couldn't imagine it being very fun to be brought into the world in this kind of weather --- hell, his birthday was soon and he'd probably be crying the same way.

Miss Lulu gestured towards the Seel with a smile on her face and Isaac's eyes sparkled, what a cutie! He approached and examined the Seel with curious intent, making note of the fact it was a male and that he should probably get it somewhere a little cooler.

"Hey little guy! I'm Isaac, I'm going to be your new master... i-if that's alright with you of course!" He smiled, causing the Seel to clap happily. "I have some friends at home that would love to meet you! I'm sure you'll all get along!" He thought instantly of Cleo and Ophelia, his Kingdra and Lapras. They would surely love to have another water Pokemon drifting around. With a happy nod from the Seel, he pulled out one of the Great Balls that was rolling around inside his backpack and smiled happily at Miss Lulu.

"Thanks Miss Lulu! I'll take great care of the little guy!" He put back on his sunglasses and got ready to face the heat once again.

[Picking up the lil guy in one of my Great Balls (Leaving me with 8), naming him Zurich and declaring his ability to be Thick Fat. Thank you Marion!]

tumblr fizzy bubbles backloggery steam
PSN: Asteiri | Discord: Asteiri#2000
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote