View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 08:43 PM   #521
Missingno. Master
His name is Goggles. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
My sincerest apologies for taking so long to update. I don’t have an excuse and should be setting a better example for my zone. It’s just hard to be motivated when you have writer’s block. I’ll try to be better in the future.

Missingno. Master:
Things were getting down to the wire as both sides were left with only two remaining Pokemon each; one flag-keeper and one attacker. Madoka smiled softly as she returned Lulu to her Pokeball, whispering praise for the fallen Lycanroc. Terri did the same with her Shedinja, and the two trainers prepared for what could be the final round of this action-packed trial challenge. With their orders settled, both the Lunatone and Swoobat prepared to make their advances on the opposing Medicham and Carbink.

Tsuki the Lunatone hovered down toward Observe the Medicham, who was guarding his flag with anticipation. Observe’s body suddenly glowed a soft aura as a Hidden Power coursed through his body. A number of dark orbs appeared around Observe, and the Medicham fired them off at Tsuki. At such a close distance, all the Lunatone could do to react was harness the Cosmic Power of the moon to raise its defenses and shield itself from the super effective attack.

Meanwhile, Shishi the Carbink stared up at Luna as the Swoobat swooped in to attack. Luna released a screeching Supersonic that hit the Carbink at point-blank, completely disorienting it in the process. Luna looked for an opportunity to strike and take the flag, but it was going to be difficult to squeeze a way in between the rock type’s round body and the Reflective barrier that was still in effect. Luna fired off another Stored Power which slammed into the Carbink for tremendous damage. With Shishi knocked to the side, Luna seized the opportunity to strike. However, Shishi had begun to Flail about wildly, catching the Swoobat off guard and at a stalemate.

Shaking off the effects of the super effective Hidden Power, Tsuki suddenly began to glow and released the power of the moon in a blinding Moonblast. Observe was sent flying backwards into the pillar of the Torii gate, writhing from the super effective damage. He could only watch helplessly as the Lunatone hovered down closer and closer to the flag on the ground. However, not all was lost as Luna suddenly telepathically Assured her teammate of their victory. By the time Tsuki reached the flag, Luna had already knocked Shishi back and taken the prize. The match was over.

“Whew!” Madoka let out a long sigh that had a mixture of both disappointment and fulfillment in it. “That was the closest match I’ve ever had!” Madoka recalled her Pokemon and stepped forward to meet with Terri. “Here,” she said while holding out her hand, “It’s my loss. You pushed my Pokemon further than anyone has ever done before, good job!” Terri was then handed a small badge as well as a silvery disc. “You’re welcome to stay the rest of the night and get a fresh start out in the morning if you wish.” There were a number of options for Terri and her Pokemon. She could either stay here and continue to explore the Stone Shrine, or maybe look elsewhere to other parts of the Cloud Garden and either explore those areas or look for more trial challenges. What will she do?

Terri has received the following items:
• Stone Shrine Badge
• TM Stealth Rock x1

Luna gained 4 levels!
Observe gained 3 levels!
Vanish gained 2 levels!
The match was drawing to a close, one way or another. Observe faced off against Tsuki, while Luna was making her move against Shishi. The Lunatone's Cosmic Power was its best defense against Observe's Hidden Power, and Luna and Shishi were doing great damage to each other.

Then, things started to look bad as Tsuki let fly a Moonblast, sending the Medicham flying with a seriously powerful super effective attack. This left the flag wide open! But Terri did not look worried. She kept her eyes on Luna, and as the Swoobat demonstrated, for good reason- Luna was able to land the blow that knocked Shishi away, and was able to claim the flag before Tsuki could claim the other one. A truly close match, one which could've easily gone either way near the end there, and Terri came out on top.

Madoka accepted the loss gracefully, congratulating Terri on her victory. Her Pokémon hadn't ever been pushed this hard before, and it was clear she was just as thrilled by the battle as she was disappointed by her loss. Terri smiled as she was handed two objects- the Stone Shrine Badge, and a TM for Stealth Rock. "Thanks very much, Madoka," she replied. At that moment, Observe and Luna gathered around Terri. "Thanks to you guys as well," added Terri. "You did great." She turned her attention back to Madoka. "Madoka, I think we'll take you up on your offer," she said. "We'll stay the rest of the night and get a fresh start in the morning. Maybe explore around this shrine some more. It's a pretty nice place," the mysterious Trainer smiled.

"It is," Luna added, admiring the surroundings as best she could, considering it was still nighttime.

"Indeed," nodded Observe.

*Trial Complete!*

*Terri received the Stone Shrine Badge from Madoka!*

*Terri obtained a TM76 Stealth Rock!*

*Luna grew to level 21!*

*Luna learned Air Cutter!*

*Luna grew to level 22!*

*Luna grew to level 23!*

*Luna grew to level 24!*

*Observe grew to level 38!*

*Observe grew to level 39!*

*Observe grew to level 40!*