View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 04:40 AM   #311
Meetan
Thunder Badge

134: You're no hero, we both know that, given past and future actions... The manor knows all, or you wouldn't be surprised if it did. This is some 'horror movie shit', and as you cross the musty and flame-lit room, you and Lele both have a feeling that it's only going to get worse. Of course it is. You're mine now.

“Of course you haven't,” The woman said in the voice of the butler, tone lilted with sarcasm and condescension that only became more obvious as it took on a familiar and feminine sound, “You're all so innocent, coming here for your thrills and your chills; trespassing on property that doesn't belong to you. Well, I don't appreciate your tone. You've been very disrespectful, and disrespect demands a lesson. Maybe if you prove you can learn something, your Pouli might want to come back. If not, well... I'm sure it'll feel quite at home here before long...”

The implications were clear and scathingly mean: the idea that your sweet little Houndour had abandoned you by choice in this Hell. But you knew better, didn't you? Pouli would never do that, would she? And on top of that, either way, a punishment and challenge presented as one. This crazed thing did not want you to leave. Shadows danced on the preserved walls, and for a moment, you swore that you saw a silhouette morph into a Pouli shape, swore you could hear an aggressive bark and growl, but it was so brief and you were so stressed that it was hard to tell what was real and what was not. Yet, if you were to glance at Lele, the Butterfree seemed to be peering in the same direction.

“And who knows? Maybe you will, too.” The elder smiled at you, sickeningly sweet as she rocked back and forth. Rhythmically slow, like a pendulum on a clock. Tick tock, tick tock; every second spent here was a slippery slope. You felt like everything was against you, including time, even if you didn't have a hard limit. “It is so nice to have company after so long. Raising the next generation into fine young people is so very important, to make sure the mistakes of the past aren't repeated. Isn't that right, dear?”

What do you do?