View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:41 PM   #261
Maskerade
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- As the knight insults the Riolu, you find yourself in a state of rage that manages to break the seal of your normally tight lips. Despite your tone and some of the things you say, Sir Bryant doesn't even blink. He simply remains stone faced, giving you nothing to go off as your explosion comes to a close. There's a few moments of awkward silence, but then a smile crack across the knight's face.

"Well about time you grew a backbone", despite the obvious insult, Sir Bryant seemed to be serious. "I honestly can't stand people who can't step up and say what they're thinking. I took you for a coward, a clever one but a coward nonetheless. As for your notes on the Riolu, I admit that our personalities don't really align. I'm impressed that it managed such a feat, but the fact is it did it for you and not for me. The pup is yours to command, capture it if it pleases you, you have my blessing." The knight retrieves a small bag from his belt. Tipping the contents into his hand, he hands you a few rewards.

You received TM Smart Strike, TM Shadow Claw, TM Dragon Pulse, a Life Orb, 3 Rare Candies and $500

"I will have this portion of the catacombs closed off so that no over Pokemon wall victim to the water's influence. Hopefully we will be able to find the source of this taint, however I feel like there is a much greater force at work here. Thank you for your assistance Professor, feel free to visit us at the castle any time, I'd be glad to test the real strength of your Pokemon." With that the knight made his exit, heading out of the catacombs. You look around, only to find that the Decidueye has disappeared, fleeing into the shadows. All that remained were you, your Pokemon and the Riolu, who looked up at you with shining eyes.

Your adventure is now complete. The Riolu is yours to capture if you so wish, it is a lvl 11 Male. You may continue to adventure in LMN or head to another zone if you so wish.
In the end, despite his temporary but ill-advised loss of control, Sir Bryant was not offended - quite the contrary, he welcomed Rorik's honesty like one of his fellow Heimlans would.

"Th-thank you," the Professor finally said once he overcame his surprise. "Maybe when I find my inner fighter I will be able to show you my true strength, but... that day is still far away."

Rorik knew it would take some kind of catastrophic event to trigger such a dramatic change in him, to awaken the Heimlan warrior blood in his veins. And who knew if that day would ever come? But despite his doubts, hearing Sir Bryant issue that friendly challenge felt more exciting than scary, and Rorik couldn't help but wonder if, at least partially, he was already starting to awaken to that other side of him.

"I'll see you again, I promise. And hopefully, on that day, I can surprise you once more," he said with a smile as the knight walked away.

He stared the bag of rewards handed to him by the knight, and wondered if that was also Sir Bryant's way of leading him toward the path of the warrior. He'd find out a use for all that soon, he reckoned, but his priority should be restoring his partners to full health, and...

"Riolu..."

The Emanation Pokemon hadn't left, hadn't followed Sir Bryant. Rather, he'd willingly stayed behind, staring at Rorik with shing eyes filled with hope - hope that he would do exactly what the knight said, and capture him.

Are you sure about this?, Rorik thought in silence. Much to his surprise, the pup nodded, as if it had heard him just fine even though no words were spoken.

"W-well then... This is most unexpected, but... a very welcome surprise," he acknowledged. He'd grown very fond of Riolu, a selfless and inquisitive soul much like him. "We... we should think of a name, shouldn't we?"

But this time, he didn't have to think it through. The answer came to him, suggested by Riolu no doubt; the pup had no telepathic powers per se, but rather communicated through his aura, and Rorik knew what he wanted to say.

Keb, the First... The oldest creature to ever wild the power of Aura. Nobody knows if it was human or Pokemon, or a precursor to both... How do you know of that story?

That question went unanswered; Riolu simply knew, Rorik realized. And it was just as good - Keb was a fine name.

"It's decided, then. Well, buddy... ready to go on an adventure with the rest of us?!"

---------------

Claiming:
- 1x TM Smart Strike
- 1x TM Shadow Claw
- 1x TM Dragon Pulse
- 1x Life Orb
- 3 Rare Candies
- $500

Also confirming capture of Keb, the Level 11 Male Riolu! Placing him in Luxury Ball 1/1.

Thanks a bunch for this awesome adventure TKF! It was a nice coming-of-age story for Rorik, and I had a lot of fun with what you wrote for me. Hopefully we can RP together in the near future, either here in LMN or somewhere else! ;)

Last edited by Maskerade; 03-04-2018 at 12:44 PM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote