View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 09:35 AM   #455
Maskerade
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Maskerade: As you land in the Rose Garden, you immediately notice it is rather quiet. Though new to the region, you were aware that this was a rather touristy area. The War of the Roses that had taken place a few months ago had brought record-breaking crowds to garden. The gardeners had barely finished re-sodding the grass that was trampled by the hundreds if not thousands of guests. You paid little attention to the foliage, though the smell of fertilizer was pretty hard to ignore. It was late in the afternoon, and Pokemon that enjoyed basking in the sun were retreating for the day as the shadows grew longer. A flock of noisy Spearow flew by, looking for a place to roost after a long day.

You pass a few tall hedges, one sculpted in the form of a Torterra, a bonsai used as the Grass-types signature tree on its back. There are several more sculpted hedges, but lost in thought you do not take time to think about what they might be. You break the peaceful silence with a laugh, stepping between two rather tall hedges. Your laugh is echoed by a much higher pitched giggle. You’ve almost bumped into someone. A young girl, several inches shorter than you, with a relaxed look on her face. Her blonde hair falls gently past her shoulders and over a white sundress. She holds a sunhat in her arms, almost like hugging a pillow. You notice a pinkish glow about her, and smoke twirling around her ankles. A pink and purple Pokemon is floating by her side, fast asleep, but very much aware that you nearly knocked over its trainer.
“Looks like we found a trainer on our walk today, Ole,” The girl smiles with closed eyes. Her Musharna hums a low note of acknowledgement. “Aren’t we lucky…” She trails off, and you notice the entire interaction she hasn’t looked at you at all. She turns, and heads in the direction of a gazebo with vines delicately wrapped around its columns. Her Musharna follows, emitting a trail of pink, swirling smoke.
Well would you look at that.

In front of him, as if she was just another part of the nauseatingly idyllic scenario, was a little blonde girl accompanied by her Pokémon. She herself seemed to be a bundle of all of youth's virtues, an amalgamation of happiness, innocence and freedom. The kind of traits the world loves to take from you, chew and spit back out at your feet when you become an adult.

Not that Hush had planned on acknowledging the kid, but even if he had, she didn't even look at him as she passed, despite knowing he was there. That, in itself, was enough to peak Hush's interest - perhaps the girl's existence wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, despite her vomit-inducing aura of peacefulness.

I shouldn't be wasting my time with children; they got plenty of time to figure out just how cruel this world really is by themselves, without me around to shatter their dreams. My business here is with the trial captain of Rose Garden, the only one who might keep me entertained...

But still, despite his inner reasoning, he found himself stopping and following the girl and Musharna with his eyes. The two seemed to be headed to a delicately-decorated gazebo further down the garden...

... Ah, screw it! I have to know what that was about. If there really is a droplet of despair to be found in that seemingly perfect existence!

With that, Hush followed the girl and her dream-inducing partner from a distance...

Last edited by Maskerade; 02-14-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote